Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Singha »

that will not however shake the MSM channels owned in proxy manner by congis and leftists....where the owners themselves function as the newsroom big bosses.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Singha wrote:that will not however shake the MSM channels owned in proxy manner by congis and leftists....where the owners themselves function as the newsroom big bosses.
Money and power talks Singhaji. No such thing as a congi or leftist when you are that high up the corporate food chain. Modi is now moving quickly toward the PM chair. They will do what they need to do to survive and operate and Modi's leadership.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

chaanakya wrote:Seebail is a third rate politician who has spent his whole life licking gandhy family. What he says even Gandhys don't take seriously so why should we?
I was surprised to hear him on the TV say "I challenge modi for debate any time anywhere any topic any language" (i am paraphrasing).

It was like street language when people quarrel.. I wonder why he thinks modi would bite the bait...

I think his goal was to impress Italian mafia
syele
BRFite -Trainee

Post by syele »

Modi should use ketkar like people to identify and delegitimize congress networks in media. It is like giving Romilla Thaper the responsibility of destroying AIT.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

x-post from Patna blast thread -

Meenakshi Lekhi has written a good article on the domestic & foreign nexuses out to stop NaMo - http://blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.c ... eader-away
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

syele wrote:Modi should use ketkar like people to identify and delegitimize congress networks in media. It is like giving Romilla Thaper the responsibility of destroying AIT.
I think Ketkar has already denied that news.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Opinion polls 'manipulated', must be restricted: Congress - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 136798.cms
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Pranav wrote:
syele wrote:Modi should use ketkar like people to identify and delegitimize congress networks in media. It is like giving Romilla Thaper the responsibility of destroying AIT.
I think Ketkar has already denied that news.
Just denied, or condemned that news by harshest words (if possible by praising Gandhi Chitrakatha). If it is simple denial, then ....
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

I know he has denied but still....
Kumar Ketkar meets Modi-Eyes Sudhindra Kulkarni's role in Team Modi

http://bhadas4media.com/vividh/15542-ku ... karni.html
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

True or false there is now suspicion on ketker, which is good. All paid media fellows will be trying to jump. Time to spread some rumours and false jumping so that there is confusion among enemies of Dharma.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

archan wrote:They are showing a recording of NM's phone call to a victim's wife. He couldn't visit her as they couldn't land due to bad weather. It truly is touching. He assured to take care of her and her 2.5 yr old daughter. Right when they're about to end the call, she starts speaking Gujarati. Modi asks her how does she know the language. She says nevermind that but now you're my father and have to take care of us. I've never heard any politician connect so well with the people. Marketing or whatever, looks like it's working.
This is the gap that built up for over 40 yrs probably due to terrorism and other security issues. A lot more politicians took this as an advantage. This is badly needed and there is need that politicians should connect to commoners.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Surprised that the lady could speak in Gujarati. Why not telecast it? When all traitors speak day after day on tv, the families of victims can not?.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 02 Nov 2013 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

RajeshA wrote:
SwamyG wrote:Offering condolences is one thing, but televising phone talks is simply not good. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Did Mo Team do this, or was this media nautanki. I would have preferred Mo Team to have urged no cameras.
No Sir!

This is wrong sensitivity!

If riots happen in Gujarat, plight of minority community is aired 24x7. And this causes bad taste!!!

If somebody has died as a Shaheed and achieved "Veergati", there is absolutely no need for secrecy or keeping it low-key. The world should become aware of the family and their sacrifice. Their story has to be told. Narendrabhai is simply the medium here!

It is wrong to think that sensationalizing the affair would do injustice to the gravity of death in the family and somehow demean the sentiments of the family. If the dead is a martyr, then whole country becomes the family and there is no need for privacy among the "extended family members"!

Those who died, deserve to be known by their countrymen! There should be no shame in owning up somebody who died resisting Adharma!
Where did I say their stories do not have to be told? Where did I deny Modi or anybody the opportunity to console or do the necessary things for consoling the victims and their relatives. Capturing a telephone conversation is overboard. I hope it was a media tamasha, not one that was orchestrated by Mo Team.

You or me have no say to decide what is okay or what is not okay as far as the privacy of the family. It is up to them to decide. You are just rationalizing here.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Pranav wrote:Opinion polls 'manipulated', must be restricted: Congress - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 136798.cms
This is like the toddler who throws tantrums. Covering lotus ponds, banning polls.....what next. Banning elections next ? After all if the elections are held today, BJP might win and put the country in grave danger - pit pseudo-communalism against pseudo-secularism. Did Congress cry hoarse in times when they were projected to be the winner in the last few elections?
Last edited by SwamyG on 02 Nov 2013 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

ban indian flag as it contains BJP's saffron color
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

SwamyG wrote:Offering condolences is one thing, but televising phone talks is simply not good. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Did Mo Team do this, or was this media nautanki. I would have preferred Mo Team to have urged no cameras.
could you please spew out the bad taste in your mouth? i am trying to understand your mental model.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Singha wrote:culturally "private grief" is a western black coat and tie subdued funeral thing..with people paying their respects wearing dark sunglasses in the funeral home and the long slow procession with blinking lights to the burial ground.
if you have ever been to indian funerals its not like that.....I have been to quite a few starting from newborn babies to my own father. and here in the south there is even a drummer and a bunch of drunk looking youths dancing ahead of the procession for reasons I have yet to explore. for sure death is not a hugely pvt thing here.

atleast the family might stand to get a quick compensation since the Niku govt will now have to stand by its commitments.

and make no mistake this file MUST be re opened if regime change happens and the real culprits soundly thrashed and punished. until then the souls of the dead and the goddess of justice will not find lasting peace.
True, in an Indian setting it is more communal. Growing up, when deaths occurred in our neighborhood, and the processions passed through streets, the kids stopped playing and paid respects. There was a case when my family did not cook for the entire day because a co-tenant had a death in their family. We kids were sent to grandparents house so we could eat. And yes, I have gone to a funeral ground to console one of my closest friends, who had lost his brother. And I understand the 'opari' culture in tamil regions. When death occurs in our community, people even have prescribed days to offer condolences, and when not to offer, how to offer ityadi.

Yes, I understand how it is in India; I grew up in India. However, capturing video of a telephone conversation is beyond the communal - it is morbid. I have no qualms in Modi calling her, expressing condolences and taking care of their family and even advertising it during his election campaign. But it is entirely different thing to show the conversation. I am not against the entire village or street going to offer condolences.

Like I said, I do not know if Modi Team did that or if it was the Media who ended up sensationalizing an affair that should have been subdued. BJP/Modi was anyway going to dispense compensation, televising a conversation is a different. Be it Western, Eastern, Southern or Western paradigm.
Last edited by SwamyG on 02 Nov 2013 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SaiK, Don't get personal.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SwamyG,
did you watch the video?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

sure.. but i am trying to understand mr swamygins issue here. i'm having disconnects in the rational aspect of broadcasting a modi call to a victim's wife who had come over to modi rally. it is a matter to learn from swamy's experiences. nothing to get personal about.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^^About time we had some SaiKology applied to SwamyG's mental models... sounds like an interesting tussle ahead... :)
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

archan wrote:SwamyG,
did you watch the video?
Yes saar. I would not comment without watching. After your question, I watched it again. I fully agree with your opinion about his ability to connect with people, I sense the respect from the widow. I did not understand the Gujarati parts, but that is a reflection of her confidence and hope in Modi. It is astounding.

But, I do not want to get that feeling about Modi and his abilities by such televised phone call.

Okay, last post from me on this topic. Nothing more from me.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

modi was expected to turn up at her place..so media lined up in anticipation...when the phone rang,and it was from modi so she put it on speaker..either own her own or insistence from media..what has boor modi got to do with it ?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Hari Seldon wrote:^^^About time we had some SaiKology applied to SwamyG's mental models... sounds like an interesting tussle ahead... :)
Why saar, it takes only two beers, plus a mirchi baji + irani chai + diced onions is all you need to get me to open up. :rotfl:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

gakakkad wrote:modi was expected to turn up at her place..so media lined up in anticipation...when the phone rang,and it was from modi so she put it on speaker..either own her own or insistence from media..what has boor modi got to do with it ?
I will break my promise. One more last post. I did not blame Modi. I asked if it was his team or was the media. In two posts, I wondered if media is the one that was responsible for this.

Okay last on this.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

SwamyG wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:^^^About time we had some SaiKology applied to SwamyG's mental models... sounds like an interesting tussle ahead... :)
Why saar, it takes only two beers, plus a mirchi baji + irani chai + diced onions is all you need to get me to open up. :rotfl:
That's an interesting combo, must try, beer + baji + chai :shock:
geeth
BRFite

Post by geeth »

swamiG, you are like RahulG; the less said, the better!
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Never thought I'd have to say this in this context, but geeth,shall we construe it as a personal attack?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

i think mr gin meant it takes time to consume two beer, and then get into a state-of-mind issues, and then it leaves you in a dehydrated state after sometime, ;) and then finish it with the masala chai + baji!

imho, if i'm reading this right.. our customs are being challenged by mainstream media in a big way.. perhaps reached a turning point or deracination point where we have been distanced by disconnects. it would be only nice to bridge gap, and make the case for the health of our society. that was the intention of reading the state of mind thus far.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

why muse aloud about if it was 'modi's team'. you just set yourself up for this with that.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Exactly opposite for me. I am very glad that for whatever reasons this was televised. I could see the connection. Modi *IS* god for that lady now!! And others see it too.

Very powerful, almost brought tears to my eyes. Particularly, when the lady said something about "dhokla(?)" ... it is way different than NDTV type of coverage, where soldiers wives are wailing and then there is side/snide discussion about Hindu practices regarding treatment of treating widows.

PS: what is this Gujju penchant about bringing dhoklas even during a condolonce meeting!!! :eek: No doubt there is so much maal-nutrition - dhoklas ar not necessarily nutritious for body (for mind, it is soul-food)
Last edited by disha on 02 Nov 2013 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Now that Modi is visibly on path to PM-ship going by current trends, the looniness quotient of the loony left is likely to increase dramatically...

Our Dynasty Islamists have already started: Won’t allow Hindu version of Taliban to succeed in India: Digvijay
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Massa's view on Statue of Unity

At 600 feet tall it will be the world’s largest statue, taller than China’s Spring Temple Buddha, the current record holder, and twice as tall as the Statue of Liberty in New York. But despite its impressiveness, the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, construction on which began Thursday, won’t avoid controversy.

Patel was India’s first Home Minister after independence from Britain. Called the “Iron Man of India,” Patel is revered especially in his home state of Gujarat, where the statue is being erected. With Gandhi, Patel led the opposition to British rule in Gujarat, was arrested a number of times and became an important fund-raiser and leader in the Congress party. Gandhi persuaded him not to contest Nehru for the position of India’s first prime minister, and out of respect Patel stepped aside. His chief legacy stems from his role as Home Minister. He had a powerful skill in persuading India’s princely states and provinces (there were hundreds of them) to join the Republic of India. If it weren’t for Patel, India today might look a lot different.

Narendra Modi, Gujarat’s chief minister, and his Hindu nationalist party, the BJP, celebrate Patel for this and something else. To the BJP Patel is more than the lead architect of Indian unification, he is a figure opposed to what the Congress party has become: a clan of Nehru’s descendants who have ruled India off and on since independence.

The Statue of Unity, as it will be called, will be built on an island in Narmada River, made of concrete and steel with a “rich bronze” facade. Superfast elevators will whisk tourists to Patel’s head, where they will be able to view the surrounding villages and countryside. “The world will be forced to look at India when this statue stands tall,” Modi announced. Many of the villages in the area around the statue are undeveloped and poor.

“If you want to build a statue of unity, then build it in your heart first,” retorted a Congress leader in Delhi.

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/ ... s-gujarat/
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Arjun wrote:Now that Modi is visibly on path to PM-ship going by current trends, the looniness quotient of the loony left is likely to increase dramatically...

Our Dynasty Islamists have already started: Won’t allow Hindu version of Taliban to succeed in India: Digvijay
Yup - it is not surprising. I expect secular terrorism (of both the IM kind and left lib kind) to increase in the next few months. By the way, if Modi wins, these will all go to US/UK/<insert western country>, will cash in on any IOUs they have and will lobby for a boycott of Bharat. Only if the Congress is out of power for 20 years will they become disheartened and disperse.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/ ... -tea/?_r=0

NYTimes and political analysts are catching up to what many hear say about their "chaiwallahs" {and doodhwallahs, paanwallah ityadi}
“Tea stalls are where people gather to discuss politics, and of course candidates want people to talk about them when they are taking tea.”
http://chaiwallahsofindia.com/ And this dude Mark, journalist, even has a research work on chaiwallahs.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

there was a discussion in npr (heard just part of the story) about chai waalas.. and people who work at starbucks definitely would say to a question: which chai you prefer - 150 bucks chai from starbucks or the dilli masala chai from street vendor.. the answer to that was obvious.
dhruvM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by dhruvM »

[OT]

^ Interesting data point about this Mark dude. He's a fullbright scholar doing research in India... and the subject? Life of chaiwallahs.

He'd come to our madarssa too in Kolkata, to interview the chaiwallah who supplied us our daily fix of deem-paao, maggi and sutta. I was surprised to find out later that this guy could speak fluent hindi! He'd picked it up in the few months he was in India...

This is the sort of human resource we really lack IMHO. I don't know anyone in my extended circle who is planning on doing any sort of original field research, let alone in alien lands. Especially places like China, Africa and the rest of the non english speaking world. NaMo has emphasized the importance of such stuff in multiple speeches...

[/OT]
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sushupti wrote:Massa's view on Statue of Unity

At 600 feet tall it will be the world’s largest statue, taller than China’s Spring Temple Buddha, the current record holder, and twice as tall as the Statue of Liberty in New York. But despite its impressiveness, the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, construction on which began Thursday, won’t avoid controversy.

Patel was India’s first Home Minister after independence from Britain. Called the “Iron Man of India,” Patel is revered especially in his home state of Gujarat, where the statue is being erected. With Gandhi, Patel led the opposition to British rule in Gujarat, was arrested a number of times and became an important fund-raiser and leader in the Congress party. Gandhi persuaded him not to contest Nehru for the position of India’s first prime minister, and out of respect Patel stepped aside. His chief legacy stems from his role as Home Minister. He had a powerful skill in persuading India’s princely states and provinces (there were hundreds of them) to join the Republic of India. If it weren’t for Patel, India today might look a lot different.

Narendra Modi, Gujarat’s chief minister, and his Hindu nationalist party, the BJP, celebrate Patel for this and something else. To the BJP Patel is more than the lead architect of Indian unification, he is a figure opposed to what the Congress party has become: a clan of Nehru’s descendants who have ruled India off and on since independence.

The Statue of Unity, as it will be called, will be built on an island in Narmada River, made of concrete and steel with a “rich bronze” facade. Superfast elevators will whisk tourists to Patel’s head, where they will be able to view the surrounding villages and countryside. “The world will be forced to look at India when this statue stands tall,” Modi announced. Many of the villages in the area around the statue are undeveloped and poor.

“If you want to build a statue of unity, then build it in your heart first,” retorted a Congress leader in Delhi.

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/ ... s-gujarat/
Lol at this amru interest guy mead sumthing...desis are all ok when they are brown, diffident and a pale copy of amrika. If they become nationalist and seek their own path, then bad bad folks...