Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Aditya_V »

KJoishy, but virtue of the Investments his family runs in Italy, he can certainly settle there, and he spends a lot of time in Europe. He flew down from thier when UK floods happenned.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

KJoishy wrote:
kapilrdave wrote:^^ If I was shehzada I would have booked my ticket for italy by now. Wouldn't even spend too much in the election to save for my old age.
Shehzada has nothing to do with Italy. His mom is Italian, he isn't. Let;s not get our Pappu dislike get in the way.
Letter to President of India 9 11 12

November 9, 2012.

Mr. Pranab Mukherjee,
President of India,
Rashtrapati Bhavan,
New Delhi.

Dear Mr. President,

I am writing this letter by way of providing as yet not formally confirmed information and hence not as yet evidence.
Mr. Rahul Gandhi, MP was born at a time when his mother Ms. Sonia Gandhi was an Italian citizen. {She became an Indian citizen vide Section 5 of the Indian Citizenship Act in 1983}.

According to Italian law at that time, any person born to an Italian citizen mother is deemed to be an Italian citizen unless a formal renunciation of Italian citizenship is made by the child upon becoming an adult. At the time of Mr. Rahul Gandhi’s birth, his mother had informed the Italian Embassy of the same which the Embassy then forwarded it to the Interior Ministry in Rome, Italy for recording in their Citizen’s Register.

Therefore, my information is that Mr. Gandhi’s name was entered under whatever name that was communicated by the Italian Embassy, in the Citizenship Register of Italy.

I have not been able to verify as yet whether upon becoming an adult, Mr. Gandhi formally renounced Italian citizenship or has continued as yet for some obscure reason, as a citizen of Italy.

Only a formal request from the Government of India can clarify this position. The former Prime Minister Mr. Narasimha Rao had in a casual conversation told me that he had been informed that Mr. Gandhi was still a citizen of Italy. But this is hearsay and not yet confirmed evidence.

In my view it will be fair and legally appropriate in your position as President of India and custodian of the Constitution that you make a formal request through our Government to the Government of Italy to provide a copy of the file relating not only to Mr. Rahul Gandhi’s citizenship but also of Ms. Sonia Gandhi and her daughter Priyanka so that this controversy regarding Ms Sonia Gandhi and her two children’s citizenship status in Italy, is set at rest.

Yours sincerely,
( SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY )

src: janatapartyblog.blogspot.in/2012/11/swamy-writes-to-president-on.html

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/t ... 120964.ece
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Fact is in democracy we aren't privy to such information which is strange.

>>
I have not been able to verify as yet whether..

Only a formal request from the Government of India can clarify this position. .. this is hearsay and not yet confirmed evidence.
<<
Fact is same con race party is very particular about politicians in the country as CBI effect shows. We aren't sure who all in government hold dual citizenship clearly while working in India.
dhruvM
BRFite -Trainee

Post by dhruvM »

So here's the next dirty move from Congress skunkworks.

Amit Shah allegedly misused state machinery to snoop on woman linked to his mysterious "Saheb"
Two independent media portals (Cobrapost & Gulail) today alleged that former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah allegedly misued the state police and other surveillance machinery to illegally snoop and stalk a young woman on behalf of a mysterious “Saheb.” The allegations were based on audio recordings of conversation in 2009 between Shah and IPS officer GL Singhal, who was then SP, Anti-terrorist squad (ATS).

The entire surveillance-cum-phone interception operation was mounted in August 2009 on oral orders, without any valid legal authorization, and was meant only to serve the interests of someone whom the then minister of state for home, Amit Shah, addressed as ‘saheb’, release added.

Releasing the tapes and transcripts in a crowded press conference that had social activist Aruna Roy, lawyer and Aam Aadmi Party functionary Prashant Bhushan, senior journalists Siddarth Varadarajan and Kumar Ketkar in attendance...
And here's what the father of the lady-in-question says:
However, a press note purportedly written by the woman’s father began circulating in media circles after the conference. The note suggested that the father had “orally” requested Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi “to take care of my daughter and ensure that she does not face any problem.”

The note said that the family had long standing family relations with Modi. “He assured me as a political head of state,” he said in the note. The note also alleged that “certain vested interests were approaching the media to present these facts in a pervert manner.”

However, Cobrapost dismissed the letter as “afterthought.” the portal's chief Aniruddha Bahal told Business Standard, " The woman and her family are settled in Gujarat, they have their business and properties in the state. A state has immense leverage over its citizens and therefore the alleged statement seems to be an afterthought and yet another arm-twisting tactic by Shah and co to validate their illegal acts.Are powers of the state meant for private surveillance?"
I am surprised how there was not even a tiny mention of this in MSM all day. Makes you wonder...
Hariprasad
BRFite

Post by Hariprasad »

Ishrat case: CBI sends judicial request to Pakistan
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 831835.cms
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Looks like hard and serious work is going on creating the vision document of BJP. Serious idea selling is going to be there in the next elections by BJP. If this happens then mafia will find it difficult to counter a development and governence based agenda by NM. One inclusion is Bibek Debroy. Out and out free enterprise man. Hope someone like him will be next FM of India.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/visio ... 131115.htm
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Hariprasad wrote:Ishrat case: CBI sends judicial request to Pakistan
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 831835.cms
May be CBI and UPA will file cases against Modi in Pakistani court for killing patriotic Pakis :rotfl:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

dhruvM wrote:So here's the next dirty move from Congress skunkworks.

Amit Shah allegedly misused state machinery to snoop on woman linked to his mysterious "Saheb"
Two independent media portals (Cobrapost & Gulail) today alleged that former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah allegedly misued the state police and other surveillance machinery to illegally snoop and stalk a young woman on behalf of a mysterious “Saheb.” The allegations were based on audio recordings of conversation in 2009 between Shah and IPS officer GL Singhal, who was then SP, Anti-terrorist squad (ATS).

The entire surveillance-cum-phone interception operation was mounted in August 2009 on oral orders, without any valid legal authorization, and was meant only to serve the interests of someone whom the then minister of state for home, Amit Shah, addressed as ‘saheb’, release added.

Releasing the tapes and transcripts in a crowded press conference that had social activist Aruna Roy, lawyer and Aam Aadmi Party functionary Prashant Bhushan, senior journalists Siddarth Varadarajan and Kumar Ketkar in attendance...
And here's what the father of the lady-in-question says:
However, a press note purportedly written by the woman’s father began circulating in media circles after the conference. The note suggested that the father had “orally” requested Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi “to take care of my daughter and ensure that she does not face any problem.”

The note said that the family had long standing family relations with Modi. “He assured me as a political head of state,” he said in the note. The note also alleged that “certain vested interests were approaching the media to present these facts in a pervert manner.”

However, Cobrapost dismissed the letter as “afterthought.” the portal's chief Aniruddha Bahal told Business Standard, " The woman and her family are settled in Gujarat, they have their business and properties in the state. A state has immense leverage over its citizens and therefore the alleged statement seems to be an afterthought and yet another arm-twisting tactic by Shah and co to validate their illegal acts.Are powers of the state meant for private surveillance?"
I am surprised how there was not even a tiny mention of this in MSM all day. Makes you wonder...
It started with TOIlet and will spread to phoren media... Every one will try to make this as a major scandal to contain him.

This is not good. When you see, Aruna Roy, Prashant Bhushan, S Vardarajan in the same conference with some sleazy sites, you can see the orders coming top MAINO MAFIA to make this a big deal. Soon Tehelka scums will start their own spin.

Hope people don't fall for that.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

foot in mouth...sonia says chandigarh govt bribed to get all the awards, modi asked so who took the bribe ??? :rotfl:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

krishnan wrote:foot in mouth...sonia says chandigarh govt bribed to get all the awards, modi asked so who took the bribe ??? :rotfl:
Looks like that's how she awards Bharat Ratnas/Padma Bhushans/Padma Sri
:rotfl:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Dilbu wrote:Looks like accidenting is the only option left for them.
This time it will be with little dramatic twist. They are already talking about Bimar Hai, Rotti Hai, Beta Pareshan Hai , Party Pascheman Hai, Neta Kitne Badnam Hai etc.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Narayana Rao wrote:The fact that Sahebzade is a nincom***p is well known to the entire nation is a major major weakness of mafia family. The myth of their leadership qualities, their lqualifications or lack of it and the evil deed/loots are all public now inspite of paid media and the so called opinion makers. Now it need to major cover up and fresh myths and cover ups at much bigger scale than earlier myths.

But social media and internet etc are major problems in that path. Loss of power in 2014 also creates a big problem and as MN is still 63 and can be good for another 20 years with a batch of leaders well educated etc in line in BJP to follow.

Immediately the problem is to cover the defeat in 4 state elections now. Mafia will find it difficult to recover. Sahenzade seem to have given up already and 2019 seems to the idea. Can be build a fight mafia gang by 2019 under an idiot like him? It has no vision, no leaders, no workers to build anything. But it is the establishment and as long as the establishment continue mafia will try to come back. NM has to completely destroy the establishment to prevent that.

He already started attacking myth of Nehru etc. So he is on the way even before coming to power.

Its "leaders" can not win even a corporater seat on their own. People loke Chiddu will not be in the next LokSabha. Even Kapil Sibbal may not be there for mafia. Who then fight the mafia battles in the house? Manish Tiwari?
If we are thinking about a 2014 Modi administration, we also need to ask what Modi needs to do to stem the inevitable trend towards moral degeneration in his own party that will accompany power.

As the late Gurazada Appa Rao garu had said, "India is a generous and patient milch cow, and the [white man] is ruthlessly stealing her milk." The temptations of robbing India are too great, and without a well-thought out strategy and plan to check robbery, Modi will fail.

I am very impressed by Modi's qualities as a man and a leader, but I am very concerned that everything, pre- and post-election seems to be riding on one man's shoulders. That is an impossible expectation to fulfill. Even Lord Krishna could only do so much to hold Kaliyuga at bay.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Either she(Sushama) is dumb or jealous.

Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Why should any BJP leader grant audience to this female despite knowing she is nothing more than a latrine cleaner of the Mainos??? I will never understand.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

srsly...now is the time to snub barkha and co royally...mock them, humiliate them non stop...these ppl will then fall over themselves to placate the bjp. since thats how worthless media bullies others and thats the language it understands.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Chandragupta wrote:Why should any BJP leader grant audience to this female despite knowing she is nothing more than a latrine cleaner of the Mainos??? I will never understand.
^ Please to not put down toilet cleaning which is one of the most honest and meaning ful occupations out there - by comparing it with burkha's job.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

By playing up the issue of Sonia Gandhi's illness, Modi has done his own manipulation.

Telling Congress that the sick Sonia Gandhi should let Rahul take over, is a genius masterstroke. From now on Rahul's rallies would be considered by Congress people as part of him taking over because Sonia is sick. If he cuts a sorry figure then Congressis know they are screwed from all sides, their whole troika is paralyzed - fallen economist, sick empress, idiotic shehzada. He is sucking out all fighting spirit from the Congressis.

Also if Sonia Gandhi decides to enter the field more often, then all eyes would be on her illness. If her forces her to enter the field more vigorously, any mistakes she makes, NaMo would pounce on them, thus demystifying her even more.

We can expect Meenakshi Lekhi, Smriti Irani and Nirmala Sitharaman to start attacking Sonia Gandhi more aggressively!
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

:?: :?:

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Is the UPA government destroying secret files on Netaji?

http://www.firstpost.com/india/is-the-u ... ef_article
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Sushupti wrote::?: :?:

That is the servantile attitude coming out of our Gora Sahib is my boss. And PAPPU playing arrogant master
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

She promised not to work for Congress while retiring. But .....
अटल-आडवाणी युग का हो चुका है अंत

राजनांदगांव [ब्यूरो]। विधानसभा चुनाव में कांग्रेस प्रत्याशी श्रीमती अलका मुदलियार समर्थन करने पहुंची भाजपा की पूर्व राष्ट्रीय उपाध्यक्ष श्रीमती करणा शुक्ला ने कहा कि भाजपा में अटल-आडवाणी युग का अंत हो चुका है। इसके साथ ही पार्टी में आदर, मान-सम्मान, प्रतिष्ठा, मर्यादा भी खत्म हो चुकी है। पार्टी केवल बाहुबली और धनी लोगों के लिए ही रह गई है। श्रीमती शुक्ला यहां श्रीमती मुदलियार के निवास में पत्रकारों से चर्चा कर रही थीं ।

उन्होंने कहा कि भाजपा को जो बुलंदियां पूर्व प्रधानमंत्री अटल बिहारी बाजपेयी और वरिष्ठ नेता लालकृष्ण आडवाणी ने दी थी, अब इस पार्टी में वह बात नहीं रह गई है। भाजपा के पीएम उम्मीदवार नरेंद्र मोदी पर गोधरा कांड के दाग लगे हुए हैं जो कभी भी धूल नहीं सकेंगे। मुख्यमंत्री डॉ. रमन सिंह के साथ भी झीरमघाटी का दाग है।

उन्होंने कहा कि झीरमघाटी में कांग्रेस के दिग्गज नेता मारे गए। यह भाजपा सरकार की सबसे ब़़डी चूक है। रमन खुद की सुरक्षा के लिए हजारों की संख्या में सुरक्षा बल लेकर चले, लेकिन कांग्रेसियों की सुरक्षा पर ध्यान नहीं दिया। पिछले 10 साल में राज्य में नक्सली समस्या बढ़ी है।

श्रीमती शुक्ला ने कहा कि अलका के समर्थन का मतलब कांग्रेस से जु़़डना या कांग्रेस का समर्थन करना नहीं है। वे इस चुनाव में ऐसे सभी प्रत्याशियों को जीत दिलाने प्रयास करेंगी जिनका उनके साथ व्यक्तिगत अच्छा संबंध रहा है। उन्होंने कहा कि स्व. मुदलियार उन्हें ब़़डी बहन की तरह मानते थे। दोनों 1993 में विधायक बने थे। इस दौरान कई बार दोनों ने एक साथ ट्रेन में सफर भी किया।

भ्रामक प्रचार कर रहे रमन

श्रीमती शुक्ला ने कहा कि 24 नवंबर को उन्होंने भाजपा से इस्तीफा दिया। इसके बाद से मुख्यमंत्री डॉ. सिंह एवं प्रदेश प्रभारी श्री नड्डा भ्रामक प्रचार कर रहे हैं कि उन्हें मना लिया जाएगा। पार्टी में उनकी वापसी होगी।

उन्होंने 32 साल तक पार्टी के लिए काम किया। अब इस्तीफा मान-मनौव्वल के लिए नहीं दिया है। वे मर जाएंगी लेकिन कभी भाजपा में वापस नहीं जाएंगी। भाजपा के शीषर्ष नेताओं ने उनकी राजनीतिक हत्या कर दी है।

बागियों का करेंगी प्रचार

पार्टी ने इस बार कई दिग्गज भाजपाइयों को टिकट नहीं दिया। टिकट वितरण में व्यक्तिगत पसंद-नापसंद देखी गई है। जिसके चलते कई नेता बागी होकर चुनाव लड़ रहे हैं। इनमें कई लोगों से उनके अच्छे संबंध हैं। वे उनसे लगातार संपर्क कर रहे हैं। रजिंदरपाल सिंह भाटिया, गणेशराम भागत, बालमुकुंद देवांगन, विमल चोप़़डा से उनका हमेशा सहयोगी रवैया रहा है। इसके चलते वे उनके पक्ष में प्रचार करेंगी।

http://www.jagran.com/chhattisgarh/raipur-10845443.html
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I am pushing that next NSA has to be the Principal Secy to the PM so he has teeth and not a defanged retired babu. And for a younger political appointee. I have Amit Shah in mind in a future Modi Administration.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ramana wrote:I am pushing that next NSA has to be the Principal Secy to the PM so he has teeth and not a defanged retired babu. And for a younger political appointee. I have Amit Shah in mind in a future Modi Administration.
I would prefer Amit Shah to be the next Home Minister of India.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Amit Shah must be made the encounter minister, just that announcement will make 80% of the traitors flee the country for good
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Why this clarification after 11 years from Shekhar Gupta?
But the second charge, I stood "guilty" of. At least prima facie. And this was also in response to an audience question.

"You keep praising India's democracy all the time," asked this concerned woman, "but what will happen to your democracy if Modi comes to power? Shouldn't we Pakistanis and your Muslims worry?"

"Don't worry about our democracy and Modi, ma'am," I said. "We have institutions to deal with Modi if he threatens our democracy and its values of liberal secularism... we have the judiciary, Parliament, Election Commission, and also us, the free media. You can trust India's institutions to deal with any such challenges now," I said. And then added, in some exasperation, as that question was being asked often on that visit (just months after the Gujarat riots), "You don't worry about Modi. Please leave him to us Indians and our institutions."

That is all there was to that "offensive" statement, and I am quite happy to repeat it even today.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/natio ... /1195519/0
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

That is the servantile attitude coming out of our Gora Sahib is my boss. And PAPPU playing arrogant
Shehzada ji is watching national sport cricket and she is disturbing him. And you call him arrogant. Cmon saar, one cannot disturb when watching cricket and/or when one goes to loo. Both important and interesting times.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

From the article SushuptiJi posted
www.indianexpress.com/news/national-int ... /1195519/0

National Interest: Or else, Modi
indianexpress.com
Why spooking the voter cannot be his opponents' only strategy

The first person to call me that September morning in 2002 was a friend who had been present at a political (NDA) dinner the previous night and said I was under attack there from many BJP ministers. Apparently, the only ones to rise to my defence instinctively were Sushma Swaraj and Arun Shourie, also members of the Vajpayee cabinet. The first, my friend since 1977 and a distinguished senior on the Panjab University campus but an exact contemporary professionally: she won her first election to the Haryana assembly and became a junior minister almost the same month that I joined this paper as a cub reporter in the same city, Chandigarh. The second, much more than just a friend, philosopher and guide, a teacher through life and to whom I owe, among many good turns, the most wonderful of them all, my tour of duty in the Northeast between 1981-83 for this paper. The conversation at that dinner was about something I was supposed to have said in a speech in Pakistan. And it wasn't nice. L.K. Advani had complained, in particular, that I had boasted that I, and this newspaper, would "sort out" Narendra Modi, so nobody need worry about him. Also, that George Fernandes (then defence minister) had brought it up in the cabinet earlier that week, even passing around some printouts that showed I had described him in Pakistan as a "buddhu rakshas (stupid monster)". The speech was delivered in the course of a series of public events in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi to mark the launching of the Daily Times, edited by Najam and Jugnu Sethi, among the bravest and most liberal journalists you'd find anywhere, and owned by Salman Taseer (later assassinated by religious thugs). I was only the third and the least significant or eminent of the three speakers invited from India, N. Ram of The Hindu and Arundhati Roy being the other two.

Since Advani is one of our most accessible leaders ever, I called him to check what had caused this. He said, besides whatever else I may have said, two things stood out as objectionable in particular. One, "George was really upset" with my description of him, and that I had boasted I, this newspaper and the Indian media would fix Modi. And then Advani said he wouldn't have been so disappointed if Arundhati or Ram had said such things. "Kintu Shekharji, aap se aisi apeksha nahin thhi... (But we didn't expect this from you)". It was all very polite and dignified and he added that I should also call George.

Which I did at once, and asked George that "buddhu" was alright, but would anybody in Pakistan ever understand the meaning of "rakshas", so why would I describe him as such? He said I had a point, but this is what he had read in an article posted on Rediff.com by Varsha Bhosle (Asha Bhosle's right-wing daughter who died, sadly, in October 2012, allegedly having committed suicide).

Here are the facts of that story. The first offence, the insult to George Fernandes, was all fiction. Somebody in the audience had asked Ram what he thought of his defence minister's idea of a "limited war" with Pakistan. Remember, this was mid-August 2002 and, following the Parliament attack, our forces were massed on the border with live ammunition under Op Parakram. Ram said it was a "stupid" and "monstrous" idea. There is no way he would have used buddhu or rakshas, given that his Hindi is no better than my Tamil. He never used that description for George, and certainly I hadn't even spoken on this. But the second charge, I stood "guilty" of. At least prima facie. And this was also in response to an audience question.

"You keep praising India's democracy all the time," asked this concerned woman, "but what will happen to your democracy if Modi comes to power? Shouldn't we Pakistanis and your Muslims worry?"

"Don't worry about our democracy and Modi, ma'am," I said. "We have institutions to deal with Modi if he threatens our democracy and its values of liberal secularism... we have the judiciary, Parliament, Election Commission, and also us, the free media. You can trust India's institutions to deal with any such challenges now," I said. And then added, in some exasperation, as that question was being asked often on that visit (just months after the Gujarat riots), "You don't worry about Modi. Please leave him to us Indians and our institutions."

That is all there was to that "offensive" statement, and I am quite happy to repeat it even today. Except, I now have to address campaigners of the Congress party who are building their entire 2014 election campaign on a Modi paranoia. That he will come to power and ruin our democracy, break up our country and sully every liberal value the founding fathers built this republic on. It is not for me to take a call on who the people of India should choose to lead them next year. But the fact is, whoever it is will have to work within the parameters of the Constitution and uphold its core values, whether he likes them or not. Because a democracy is neither made nor destroyed by individuals. It is built around institutions that sustain and nurture it, and protect it in case of an assault by any monsters, whether buddhu or wise. Tested by dictatorial individuals and forces, as India was during Indira Gandhi's Emergency, these institutions emerged even stronger, thereby making our democracy even more unassailable. Howsoever formidable Modi may be, he cannot be like the Indira Gandhi of 1975 with a brute majority. And she also failed.

It is because the voters know this well that the Congress party's current, single-point campaign, built on the Gabbar-isation of Modi, is not working. After ruling India for 10 years uninterrupted, you cannot merely scare India into voting for you. Those that fear Modi, notably the Muslims, will vote to defeat him anyway. They do not need a reminder, and Modi is unlikely to be able to calm them unless he finds a way of seeking some sort of closure to 2002, which until now he has shown no inclination to do. But the Congress cannot win a third term just by scaring us all of Modi. Because 2014 is a far cry from 1984. And because we are not scared of Modi, even those who won't vote for him. And surely, we will deal with him, or anybody else, from any party, Congress, BJP, Third Front, who threatens to become a monster. To win power in 2014, you need a much wider, affirmative agenda.

I had taken a few months off on a sabbatical between 1993 and '94 to write a monograph for the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies (Adelphi Paper 293, 'India Redefines its Role', OUP, January 1995). This is when the BJP was a rising power post-Ayodhya. I had analysed this in detail and recklessly stuck my neck out to say that while the BJP would come to power, you need have no larger worries as India would make the party change a lot more when it's in power than it would be able to change India. Second, that the BJP was riding a peculiar surge, whereby it looked as if India's large majority of Hindus had acquired a minority complex. Vajpayee flattered me by referring to this argument from the monograph (with due credit and citation) in his brilliant defence of the NDA (although that first government fell in 13 days) and held forth in some detail on why the majority had acquired this minority complex. He talked about how it was important now to challenge this division of the Indian mind between majority and minorities. In his prime ministership, he genuinely wanted to deliver on this promise. But Gujarat 2002 blotted his report card. And he never forgave Modi. Or even himself, for his inability to ensure adherence to rajdharma after talking about it in Ahmedabad.

I would repeat both these points once again now. The more the anti-Modi forces work towards polarisation, the more they bring back the majority's minority complex. It helps their adversary rather than harming him. At the same time, if at all he were to be voted to power next year, India and its institutions would change Modi (and even his BJP) rather than him being able to change India. That's why fear can't be the key to the voters' mind in 2014. It will be a positive, considered choice from the options on offer.

sg@expressindia.com
Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain ***** matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

1. The moron SG is explaining or revising his history by saying he did not say any thing bad about Modi. He is trying to cover his rear end.
2. What institutions did save India from this MAFIA? The loot is going unabated but not a single one is brought to justice.
3. We really need to take care of openly anti-national elements like Arundhati Roy, Prashant Bhushan, Harsh Mander and Aruna ROy types. These vermins have so much faith in idiocy of Indians that they are not afraid to ally with Islamic terrorists, ISI,LeT, JuD or KAC. We have to teach few of them a lesson or two.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

ramana wrote:I am pushing that next NSA has to be the Principal Secy to the PM so he has teeth and not a defanged retired babu. And for a younger political appointee. I have Amit Shah in mind in a future Modi Administration.
It seems not just you saar, but the NAC and AAP types also have this inkling that Amitbhai Shah might just make it to the griha mantri kursi in 2014...

When the most competent among Guj cadre IAS and IPS types take up 'special appointee' positions in the ministry, when invstigations are launched into funding sources, tainted awards, secessionist and anti-constitutional activity among other things... the sheat will hit the fan truly for the overgroundus

hence the open desperation and rallying calls to the above-ground maopests ('overgroundus') to join handsm sing kumbaya and somehow bring down NM-AS... somehow, anyhow...

At he very least is the open acceptance of 2 things: (i) NM and Amit shah are seen as part of the same entity, and (ii) NM cannot be felled through the legal route, hence training guns on Amit shah by the shootiyas

Or so I reckon...
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ Will this affect Modi image? That is my question.

I am sure from Barkha scoundrel to Rajdeep scoundrels every one will try to pile on this garbage NAC & their allegations on Amit Shah to damage Modi
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Doctors, retd judges line up at BJP office for LS ticket

With a pro-BJP air gaining ground, after Narendra Modi was named party’s prime ministerial candidate, the party’s West Bengal headquarters at Murlidhar Lane in central Kolkata is now witnessing a mad rush of people seeking tickets for Lok Sabha elections.

For 42 Lok Sabha seats in state, 230 people — eight of them Muslims — have sent applications seeking to be named a BJP nominee.

Incidentally, these individuals are apart from the party members whose names will be soon proposed by the BJP’s district offices.

In 2009, altogether 70 people applied for BJP ticket. However, the party, which garnered 26 lakh votes, could not win a single seat. The last time the party won two Lok Sabha seats was in 1999 when it won from Dum Dum and Krishnanagar constituencies.

This time the party has set a target of at least five LS seats and 15 per cent of vote share from the state.

BJP leaders are enthusiastic. “The numbers may reach 5,000. We are overwhelmed. There are doctors, engineers, advocates, retired judges, who are vying for party ticket,” Rahul Sinha, BJP state unit president, said.

http://m.indianexpress.com/news/doctors ... t/1195600/
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

:rotfl:

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Is it request or "Bunder Ghudki"? :D
BJP will be forced to rethink its PM candidate: Congress

Congress today said BJP will be forced to rethink its prime ministerial candidate if snooping allegations against former Gujarat minister Amit Shah were true and demanded a CBI inquiry into the issue.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-bj ... ss-1919781
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

KLNMurthy wrote:If we are thinking about a 2014 Modi administration, we also need to ask what Modi needs to do to stem the inevitable trend towards moral degeneration in his own party that will accompany power.

As the late Gurazada Appa Rao garu had said, "India is a generous and patient milch cow, and the [white man] is ruthlessly stealing her milk." The temptations of robbing India are too great, and without a well-thought out strategy and plan to check robbery, Modi will fail.

I am very impressed by Modi's qualities as a man and a leader, but I am very concerned that everything, pre- and post-election seems to be riding on one man's shoulders. That is an impossible expectation to fulfill. Even Lord Krishna could only do so much to hold Kaliyuga at bay.
In MB,the majority of regional kshatraps suported Kauravas.And why,even Yadavas in Dwaraka hardly paid heed to Krishnas messase,which was why they the end came.Bhishma and Drona remained with Kauravas.Food for thought,so we do not repeat the mistakes of the pst.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

shehzada is a world citizen and giver of light anywhere. wags speak of no less than 10 foreign trips per annum, something even a globe trotting CxO might balk at.

any non-Congi regime has a herculean task in the home ministry to clean up the apparatus and then expand its circle step by step to clean up the mess. the person has to be fair and ruthless in a mould we have never seen before in indian politics because special interests will always seek to obtain waivers from the law.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Atlanticist's voice is worried about about its gamecock i.e. dynasty .
All’s well, honest

No wonder some in Congress are dismayed. Mrs Gandhi is gradually ceding more work to her son, Rahul Gandhi, the party vice-president, who so far shows little aptitude for it. Jairam Ramesh, a bright and loyal Congress minister, spoke on November 5th of his “frustration” with Mr Gandhi for being “too forward-looking”. Translation: a reluctant Mr Gandhi looks as if he has already given up on next year’s election, and might welcome a spell in opposition as a chance to shake up the party. In politics, perhaps the only thing more deadly than denial is defeatism.

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/2158 ... ?frsc=dg|b
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

would love to see him as leader of opposition
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

everyone will be given ipads to watch tom n jerry shows in parliament.