Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Aditya_V »

Why are the 10 seats of Uttarakhand and Himachal, I expect atleast 6/10 from these plus Jammu.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Aditya_V wrote:Why are the 10 seats of Uttarakhand and Himachal, I expect atleast 6/10 from these plus Jammu.
I expect definitely 2 seats from Himachal, and 3 seats from Uttarakhand (more is definitely possible, including a sweep in Uttarakhand). I also expect 2 seats from Kashmir (BJP is going to win both Jammu and Udhampur. They can even try to win Ladakh with an effort, now that the LUTF has merged into the BJP). Also, I expect the BJP to win both seats in Goa, and about 3-4 seats in other union territories. On the other hand, the 5 seats out of 39 in Tamil Nadu looks unreasonably optimistic to me, as does the 5 in Odisha and the 5 in Haryana. On the other hand, the Jharkhand is probably going to improve to around 8-9 out of 14, and Bihar is also likely going to improve to around 20 out of 40.
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

^^^Goa is also missing...After the attack on gandhi maidan, it should be 25+ in bihar.
ravar
BRFite
Location: हिमालयम समारभ्य़ यावत हिन्दु सरोवरम, तम देव निर्मितम देशम हिन्दुस्थानम प्रचक्षते

Post by ravar »

^^Ramana garu, you mean Shekhar Gupta of IE owns slaughterhouse? My google search didn't yield any result. If true, this needs wide circulation. Any links to share? TIA
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

5 in TN & Odissa, or 3 in AP are very diff. In MH and Bihar there will be much more than 15. I hope for a sweep in MH and Bihar. 40 in UP needs very hard work.
M Joshi
BRFite

Post by M Joshi »

I think the no. for MH is just for the BJP. Add SS & possibly MNS for around 8-10 & 4-6 for Akalis in Punjab, around 10 for J&K, HP, Uttrakhand, Goa + UTs, minus 10 from TN, AP, Haryana & Orrisa, you reach around 215-217 for BJP+core allies. Still can add TDP, KJP? & 2-5 seats from other pre-poll alliances which makes 230-240 no. for NDA look formidable.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

1 or 2 is the best possible result for BJP in TN but even that is a bit difficult. BJP may have increased its mind share among voters due to NaMo but they don't have significant mass at any constituency barring one or two to win a seat. Lot of people who support BJP don't vote for it because they usually feel that the vote is wasted and hence stick to the alliance partner if they choose.
Arjunn
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Arjunn »

The only state, in spite of Namo's popularity, where BJP is likely to get a blank is Kerala. Namo needs to go there more often as the majority community is alienated with both the ruling Congress and the communists. The BJP needs to get its act together there.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

^ Completely agree there Arjunn! I have been rooting for NM doing rallies/ SRCC talks in the North East, South. Kerala as you suggest might be really ready for change. Kerala, NE, AP can get BJP many more seats.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Do the demographics of places like Kerala and WBengal allow for BJP ever to be voted into power out there? It may be that these places have passed the point of no return.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Or the communal community develop the skills to force the sikulars to fight amongst themselves. As the communals still would be in the late 40s as a % of population, with the sikulars being the remainder of the population. That is the only chance when it comes to Kerala.

WB, is a different kettle of fish all together. But it can also be claims with time and patience. Mamta may be the only game in town, but will not provide the change that is sought by the population. The BJP will need to be patient. Most importantly, they will have to capture Delhi and Bihar, as well. In order to control Bengal.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^^ bjp has won in 3 diff LS seats in WB in the past, one of them twice consecutively.

VikramS wrote:Bing results for when Scindia cancelled electricity awards
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Jyoti+Raje ... f9ed158dc6

Bing hits it at #2.

Chacha Results
https://www.google.com/search?q=Jyoti+R ... rd&start=0

Chacha completely filters the news...

I think it is time that this algo tuning be highlighted.
unbelievable, google returns only 3 results on page 1 !!!!
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^ It could be the wording of the search which was "Jyoti Raje Scindia cancels State Electricity Performance Award." I think it should be
"Jyotiraditya Scindia cancels State Electricity Performance Award." It seems to give better results.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

That Google hangout with MRV was good. Very good in fact. 40 minutes well spent. Some of it, especialy about the govt/MMS is known. But MRV , whom I am listening to first time, explains things quite crisply. Would definitely recommend everyone to listen.
Interesting fact from the video - FDI isn;t as big as it is made out to be . It forms just 3% of investment. Somehow it is made to appear as though it forms a key part.
And he sticks to the basics for solutions. Produce more than you consume and you are already in a comfortable position.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Gujarat snoop scandal: Expect more anti-Modi exposes till 2014
The CobraPost-Gulail “expose” on what is purported to be a conversation between close Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah and a Gujarat IPS officer now accused of complicity in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case is unlikely to be the last of such efforts to dent the popularity of the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, BJP sources say. A source with close knowledge of how the whole business of sting and disclosure works in New Delhi’s political circuit said the Gulail-CobraPost expose is likely to be followed up with regular scandal breaks at intervals of one or one-and-a-half months right up to the May 2014 general elections. “This is only the beginning. A lot more will be dug up till the polling actually happens in April-May 2014”, this source claimed. “Narendra Modi is a work in progress.”

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/gujar ... ef_article
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Technically it is possible for BJP to win KL and WB. IIRC, ~80 seats out of ~120 seats in KL still have a Hindu majority. In WB, the minority population is ghettoised, so it is still possible to win.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Aduty Phodnis, reflexively anti-NM or so I'm told has this to puke... (last line of her BS - as in biz std - farticle)
How can [Nitush] Kumar reverse this state of affairs? Hard to say, but he has to - and fast. A bureaucrat says there is no wave for Narendra Modi anywhere in India - except possibly in Bihar. He might be right.
Yawwn. Only 'em dilli billis with babucratic sources that tell 'em exactly whet they wanna hear know whether or not there's a wave or not...

But the babu maybe right too... it ain't a wave, its something else altogether...
Last edited by Hari Seldon on 19 Nov 2013 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

sum wrote:Gujarat snoop scandal: Expect more anti-Modi exposes till 2014
The CobraPost-Gulail “expose” on what is purported to be a conversation between close Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah and a Gujarat IPS officer now accused of complicity in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case is unlikely to be the last of such efforts to dent the popularity of the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, BJP sources say. A source with close knowledge of how the whole business of sting and disclosure works in New Delhi’s political circuit said the Gulail-CobraPost expose is likely to be followed up with regular scandal breaks at intervals of one or one-and-a-half months right up to the May 2014 general elections. “This is only the beginning. A lot more will be dug up till the polling actually happens in April-May 2014”, this source claimed. “Narendra Modi is a work in progress.”

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/gujar ... ef_article
The credibility of congis and paidmedia is at such a low that not even a retard is going to believe this nonsense. Moreover, sooner or later, this is going to bite them in the a$$, when madame's and pappu's stories are raked up, not to mention the blow-back when these malicious stories are proven to be wrong.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

My expectation/hope of BJP Numbers in LS 2014
  1. J&K - 3
  2. Punjab - 3
  3. HP - 3
  4. Uttarkhand - 5
  5. Haryana - 4
  6. Delhi - 7
  7. Rajasthan - 20
  8. Gujarat - 25
  9. Maharashtra - 15
  10. Goa - 2
  11. Madhya Pradesh - 23
  12. Chhattisgarh - 10
  13. Uttar Pradesh - 50
  14. Bihar - 25
  15. Jharkhand - 8
  16. Andhra Pradesh - 7
  17. Karnataka - 15
  18. Kerala - 1
  19. Tamil Nadu - 1
  20. Odisha - 3
  21. West Bengal - 2
  22. Assam - 6
  23. Manipur - 2
  24. Arunachal Pradesh - 1
  25. Andaman & Nicobar Islands - 1
  26. Dadra & Nagar Haveli - 1
  27. Daman & Diu - 1
  28. Chandigarh - 1
Total: 245

Pre-poll NDA should be easily above 272!
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Obama: Let's invade Chile. Aide: Sir that would be illegal unless we do XYZ..

PM to IB Chief: I want to tap Mulayam's phone. IB Chief: Sir, that would be an illegal operation unless XYZ is done.

Snoopgate: What procedures do Bureacrats follow in case they have been issued an illegal order? That is the BIG issue here. Nothing else!

The point above that i want to make is clear. All Ministers, PMs, CMs will face inevitably a situation when they issue an order that may not comply with the law of the land or international law. In all these cases, in a civilized democratic setup the Bureacracy has all the rights to tell/ inform/ refuse an illegal order. Or advise how that can be legal. A Cop instead of advising the procedure is illegal (however obvious it maybe) and blindly following the orders is very damaging to the democratic setup. All channels must be making this the big issue. Rest are political and subservient issues.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Arun Menon wrote:
The credibility of congis and paidmedia is at such a low that not even a retard is going to believe this nonsense. Moreover, sooner or later, this is going to bite them in the a$$, when madame's and pappu's stories are raked up, not to mention the blow-back when these malicious stories are proven to be wrong.

The objective of the such stings is not to sway people like us, who are ahead of the curve. :P

It is to prevent the swing votes from going to Modi. By saying that the Modi, is no different from the rest of the politicians of the nation. Because at this time the numbers of undecided voters is just too large.

Already, we are seeing articles to the effect that this is the first step towards the build up to a Nazi state.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

harbans wrote: SNIP.......
Snoopgate: What procedures do Bureacrats follow in case they have been issued an illegal order? That is the BIG issue here. Nothing else!

The point above that i want to make is clear. All Ministers, PMs, CMs will face inevitably a situation when they issue an order that may not comply with the law of the land or international law. In all these cases, in a civilized democratic setup the Bureacracy has all the rights to tell/ inform/ refuse an illegal order. Or advise how that can be legal. A Cop instead of advising the procedure is illegal (however obvious it maybe) and blindly following the orders is very damaging to the democratic setup. All channels must be making this the big issue. Rest are political and subservient issues.
The additional question point is simple, why was cop even recording the meeting. Is it because, it is a SOP. Or was it because, it was a part of the Judicially approved sting operation against Amit Shah. IOW, what is the validity of the sting operation. Why did it take place?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

In that pic above 10/34 is count from white colored states that includes JK, HP, Uttaranchal etc.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Arjun wrote:Do the demographics of places like Kerala and WBengal allow for BJP ever to be voted into power out there? It may be that these places have passed the point of no return.
I don't give any chance for BJP in Kerala. Yes, there is a strong presence of BJP (and RSS, ABVP etc.) in Kerala. But they don't have real good leaders who people feel would help them. The commies have a better chance here (among the Hindus). So I guess commies would have a better chance. Commies are good in show-casing that they are not favoring any religion, or are religious hate-mongers (though they support folks like Maudhani on the sly). The current Congress govt. would find it tough to prove that they are NOT being controlled by the Muslim League and Kerala (X'tian) Congress.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

The crowd at Alwar, Rajasthan. All the whirlwind rallies since yesterday has similar type of surging crowds. He is spending a lot of time in MP though. Looks like Schindia Jr. as MP's face for INC seems to have some effect.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

defamation case against NM now...

Ex-cop RB Sreekumar files defamation complaint against Modi and Rajnath

Definitely an attempt to drag NM into a bunch of court cases, clearly... we'll have to see how he handles this. Should file counter cases left right and centre against dynasty and minions too...
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ What is his ground on Modi? Modi did not utter a word on him. Lekhi destroyed him
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

^^ Flashed a while back on a news channel that NCW will issue a notice tomorrow. Hope NaMo proves the "jhund main to s**var aate hain" stuff from Rajini sir.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

con party won't get far with pushing insinuations on the ishrat jehan case. most of the people think she is a jihadi and don't care if the encounter was genuine or faked.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Well, its prediction season on Namo thread. Let me throw in my 2 paise.

Karnataka Congress will still have a honey moon period. In the bye elections, we expected that tacit alliance with jds and yeddy will do wonders for bjp, we saw what happened. In Haryana, congress maybe on a weak wicket, but still better than the bjp and inld any day in terms of cadre and organization.

Jharkhand, even if they get marandi back, a cong-jmm alliance will do good (in 2004 they swept it, 2009 bjp did well becos jmm-cong did not ally).

In andhra i have no clue what will happen, BJP wont win anything is my guess.

So the recipe for success for Namo is get these alliances intact, get 45 seats in UP and Bihar. Maybe even 55. Becos I may have been a little charitable here in may states. So i expect around 120 without UP and Bihar for BJP. So they need 50 min in UP + Bihar to form govt.

As far as congress is concerned, alliance or no alliance, they wont get more than 2 seats in Bihar. The 25 seats in Andhra region also seems gone. If they do some magic in Telangana, they may get 7-8 seats in the full state. In UP as of now they cant get more than 5 seats. So overall only 15 seats in these 3 states for them.

If BJP does not get its alliances right, congress can hope to get 116+15 = 131 seats overall. If BJP gets its alliances, Congress will be within 115-120 seats.

The only outlier to this analysis is a congress-bsp alliance.

But the table should clearly show you that Karnataka is the only state that is giving the congress more than 20 seats if BJP does not get that state right. A state where BJP could have very well killed the congress permanently, what a blunder, i cant stop wondering what they were thinking.
Last edited by muraliravi on 19 Nov 2013 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Sushuptiji,
I think you should return and not take that minor issue personally.Many,I think,were following your posts eagerly.jmts.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Guess who’s Modi’s latest Rahul-bashing ally? Mosquitoes!
In a remark that is likely to trigger another war of words between BJP and Congress, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today congratulated the mosquitoes of Bundelkhand region for daring to bite Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi. Addressing an election rally here, Modi, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, said, “I want to congratulate the mosquitoes as they had dared to bite Shahzade (Rahul), because no one from his family had been touched in the last hundred years.” :rotfl:
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The woman council never toured during

1) direct attack on lady cops during a muslim riot in south Mumbai where the rioters also attacked Amar Jawan jyoti.
2) During law and order problem that led to muzafarnagar riots.
3) Earlier surveillance
4) Ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandits
Etc etc.

Why this khujli now.

I think NaMo should tweet that there are no such laws where surveillance can be politicized and boxed under certain labels. Same for InternetHindus/CyberHindus.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

^^ NCW Chairperson is standing from Bundi, Rajasthan from con ticket.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Will NaMo wave peak before RaGa’s fortunes sink further?
The corollary of the NaMo wave is “The Total Eclipse of the Son”! Deservedly so! What does the Congress party think it is doing, unleashing an immature, amateurish novice – with that confused, diffident look on his face that says, “I’d really rather be doing something else” – loose on an unsuspecting but expectant electorate? Consider Rahul Gandhi‘s (RaGa’s) record. He rarely attends Parliament. He says nothing about policy. He eschews media exposure lest India discovers he is made of straw. He avoids acquiring administrative or ministerial experience. He trashes Cabinet decision-making, humiliates the PM, his mother, and all the grizzled old men in the UPA leadership, publicly on the silly ordinance allowing criminals in politics to keep sitting in legislatures. He was right (opportunistically) in reading the tea leaves too late. But does that excuse throwing an infantile tantrum at a press conference; thus discomfiting the amiably ineffectual sycophant Ajay Maken, along with the entire Cabinet, while embarrassing the PM minutes before his meeting with the US President? And, the other day, he embarrassed the J&K state government by offering to intervene in its relationships with panchayats whose leaders complained at one of his rallies. What does he think he is? A self-appointed Ombudsman or Instant Fixer of all political complaints and trivia? Does he really understand how a democracy works or is he just too impatient and impulsive to be bothered with it? After those serial faux pas, from which he has shown a surprising inability to learn anything, it is amazing RaGa is being unleashed by his mother and the Congress leadership on the Indian electorate without more polish, instruction and grooming.

Among the Congress Party members of RaGa’s generation, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Sachin Pilot seem far more qualified than him to run for the highest office in the land. But they do not have the right surname. Will India again vote for a surname that is becoming positively toxic? Or will it vote for a team that might be able to repair the damage done?

In properly functioning democracies, politicians and diapers both need to be changed. And for much the same reason! In that context, it is difficult to judge whether any scion of as powerful a political dynasty anywhere in the world has indulged in such incomprehensible emanations in critical campaign speeches as RaGa has.

Focusing (quite pathetically) on his tragic family history to evoke electoral sympathy, what he has said is not just wrong historically; it is foolish, counter-productive and irrelevant. He has outdone (unwittingly?) NaMo in sharpening communal divides rather than healing them. Whatever else the Nehru-Gandhi (N-G) dynasty thinks it has done for India, it has certainly led India up the garden path through its insufferably long tenure (with interruptions) by making profoundly wrong choices at every critical juncture. Pity RaGa has missed that obvious point in his confused ruminations!

In his rallies RaGa has made much of his mother staggering out of her sickbed to get the FSB passed. It would have been better for India, and particularly for its poor, had she not. Ostensibly her saintly effort was made for the poor but, in reality, probably to avert a bleak, cruel future in Opposition when she might be brought to the brink of suffering Lalu Praasad’s fate. :rotfl: What was insufferable about the FSB was that stalwarts like the PM, FM and others – not to mention a supine Opposition, including NaMo – went along with an execrable FSB to avoid being painted ‘anti-poor’.

The political dialectic in India has become so shallow that this nonsensical concern dominated all. No one thought it better to say out loud that what was really anti-poor was to go ahead with a FSB that would widen the fiscal deficit, and possibly the current account deficit in a bad monsoon. No one thought it appropriate to emphasise that, under those circumstances, the RBI’s job in reducing inflation (the cruellest, most ‘anti-poor’ tax of all) would be made much more difficult. Nobody thought it relevant to observe that, in the midst of trying to unwind – with incredible difficulty – the intolerable fiscal burden of energy, fuel, fertiliser and other unnecessary, mistargeted subsidies, the government has, in contrary and paradoxical fashion, introduced yet another entirely unnecessary mistargeted food subsidy that will be even more politically difficult to unwind in the decades to come. Not only that, seeking pure populist electoral gain, UPA-2 extended that food subsidy to 70 percent of the population when only 20-25% needed it. That could have been done by enhancing payments under NREGA!
In defending and highlighting this absurd track-record, RaGa’s pathetic campaign raises the question of whether he is the kind of ‘leader’ India wants or needs to guide its destiny. India is at a very difficult juncture on its economic trajectory. It needs to make a sharp, decisive right-turn to revive and sustain durable growth. Does RaGa know right from left, or right from wrong? Does he have any idea of what to do or how to do it? Or is he just GaGa?

His campaign so far has been conducted in a manic, but unconvincingly aggressive, style and shrill tone, drenched with sugary sentiment. Any voter with a modicum of intelligence would have to be sceptical about who and what he is. In trying to prove that he is equal to NaMo in toughness and resolve, he is coming across as a Chinese (or half-Italian?) robotic toy imitation whose battery isn’t working as it should. It is plain he has no idea of the meaning of what he is saying or doing; or about the consequences and implications of his utterances. If this is the real Rahul Gandhi, then NaMo faces no contest in 2014. { OUCH! } :rotfl:
(Percy Mistry is a former World Bank economist and author of a widely acclaimed report on making Mumbai an international financial centre)
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Nov 19, 2013
Stalk-Gate: In letter, father says no further probe needed: NDTV
The father of the girl, who it at the centre of a snooping row, today wrote a letter to the National and Gujarat Women's Commissions in which he said there is no need for further probe into the matter.

Here is the full text of the letter:

I am indeed shocked and pained due to the developments since past few days in which purely personal and family issues pertaining to my daughter are being publicly raised in the media by certain vested interest groups in spite of my written request to the media a copy of which i am enclosing with this letter.

My daughter is an architect and an educated lady. She is married and also deeply perturbed by intrusion upon her personal and her privacy. with a view to ensure that her anonymity and whereabouts remains out of public gaze, she has requested me to write this letter to this honorable commission on her behalf and her request. In the year 2009, due to personal and family reasons I had made a request to the honourable CM Gujarat to take steps in my daughter's interest. Considering the fact that the issues bothering me and my family were personal in nature, I deemed it fit to make an oral request to the honourable CM as political head of state of Gujarat with whom I have long-standing relations spread over two decades.

My daughter is fully aware of all types of help that was rendered by the state machinery considering a genuine request of a father for his daughter. She is fully conscious that the said help was absolutely necessary and was in her own interest, safety and security.

In spite of the above facts, issues concerning my married daughter and her personal life and of my family are being publicly raised by certain vested interest groups in the media ostensibly on the grounds that her right of privacy is violated. she strongly feels and it also clearly appears that under the guise of protecting my daughter's right to privacy, her personal right to privacy is being grossly breached, manifestly for political objectives.

I, on behalf and at the request of my daughter, earnestly urge that whatever help that whatever help was rendered upon my request is within her knowledge and her own interest safety and security and there has been no encroachment on her privacy as sought to be made out.

Kindly, therefore, ensure that my daughter's personal issues be not publicly discussed in the media and if any person, body, political party or authority approaches this commission, based upon any fact concerning her,let not cognizance be taken by this commission.
Must say the Congress has been real fools, trying to bring up some controversy on NaMo without having all the players in the pocket, e.g. the father of the girl who was ostensibly snooped upon.

Now all Congress has is misuse of state resources on an individual, and considering that it was for the purpose of safety of a woman, this whole media-circus of snooping is going to bite Congress in their backsides.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

they are thinking they are doing the 'throwing crap to see if something sticks' strategy, but in their stupidity and enthu, no realising that they are the ones seen with hand full of crap.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

If that's the case, NM has successfully transferred the teflon to himself from the phamilee.