Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Vayutuvan »

Hari garu, good catch.

No Indic would be antisemitic. What for? We are no kirastAnIs to be antagonistic towards the entire race for one man's purported betrayal of the messiah for 30 talents of silver.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

india provided shelter to the baghdadi jews when their fellow abrahamics went after them. so in a sense not different from the parsees finding shelter here.
I think the jewish community in india were primarily baghdadi jews (ie mizrahi) ?
the bnei menashe of mizoram which is now officially recognized as a lost tribe is of older vintage and lord knows how they ended up in mizoram..quite a long trek for mizrahi tribe and a ultralong for the sephardim of north africa. maybe they landed by boat near chittagong and moved into the mizoram hills after sailing up the indian coast. another theory could be sailing downriver in the ganga and then a short hike across BD into the NE hills.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

#NaMoInJammu #LalkarRally #LalkaarRally

Can you all see those empty chairs? :lol:
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Singha wrote:india provided shelter to the baghdadi jews when their fellow abrahamics went after them.
Thanks...did not know the Baghdadi Jews were also escaping persecution, like the Parsis. Seems like India of yore, like the US of today, was the prime destination for asylum-seekers.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

yes Arjun you can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdadi_Jews
I used to know a sassoon from brazil, so looks like they spread far and wide. and he had sharp middle-eastern features for sure.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i can see 3-4 empty chairs ... big blow to NaMo
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

300+ seats surely looks possible. The wave is building up and by 2014 election time it will be true Tsunami from which con-gress will never recover. QUIT Indian movement all over again being played out.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

con-gress is now totally clue less. Now they are peddling "secularism" ( read vote bank politics in the name of appeasement ) as an alternative to food, job, security, education, health, electricity, water. In fact they are sending message to their handlers in the jihadi elements that if NAMO wins start riot. But then NAMO has handled that situation so well in Gujrat that it never came back once in 12 years!. I am sure in pan-india scale he will achieve the same if riots start when he comes to power.

But no such thing will happen. When Mamta came to power there was a high perception that civil war will break out in Bengal and communists will get slaughtered. That never happened. So will be the case when NAMO comes to power.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

He spoke jussnow about injustices to 'em kargil shias and gujjars... just like I hoped... yay!

Now about how come PRC is #1 in herbal medicine exports jabki from the Ramayana times, its our Himalaya that's the herbal hub of the world??
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

NaMo: "J&K, should be separate state or super state?"
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

RajeshA wrote: Can you all see those empty chairs? :lol:
Yes.

I don't see any burkha veils nor mullah beards... kinda empty onlee
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Aaaha... there it is!

Vande Mataram happened finally.... in style and in J&K!

Last edited by Hari Seldon on 01 Dec 2013 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

14:25 Modi spoke about corruption and discrimination in J&K. "The country is angry over corruption. Is there not rampant corruption in J&K? Should corruption prevention law be there for J&K or not."

"Men and women must have same rights. Should there be discrimination again women in J&K? Should the injustice stop, I am not talking about Hindus or Muslims. I am talking about the people of J&K. Development comes when there is integration: The rights that your CM has, does his sister enjoy those rights? No, because she married outside J&K," he said.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

krishnan wrote:"Men and women must have same rights. Should there be discrimination again women in J&K? Should the injustice stop, I am not talking about Hindus or Muslims. I am talking about the people of J&K. Development comes when there is integration: The rights that your CM has, does his sister enjoy those rights? No, because she married outside J&K," he said.
Expect NaMo to drag in the sister of Omar Abdullah to make a case for both Article 370 and Uniform Civil Code. Le Li! Le Li!
Last edited by RajeshA on 01 Dec 2013 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

did he talk about pandits?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

rohitv wrote:did he talk about pandits?
Not today. But he did in his very first rally in madhopur punjab
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

One of the best speech of NaMo today and truth is I have heard almost all NaMo speeches, but this one was different. The passion, the restlessness for J&K was visible!!
NaMo is in the league of his own. He is without peer.

har har NaMo, Ghar Ghar NaMo :D :D
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

14:06 Modi addresses first rally in J&K as BJP's PM candidate: Narendra Modi addresses begins his address at a rally in Jammu and Kashmir, his first in state since he was nominated as BJP's PM candidate. Addressing the crowd he said, "Aaj purani yaadien taaza ho rahi hai...for years I worked for the organisation here in J&K, travelled across the state. I have a very close relationship with Jammu and Kashmir. Someone gave me a 25-year-old picture, it refreshed old memories."

Looking at the massive gathered, he said, "I have worked here extensively. No leader has had the honour to witness such a sight like today."

He then remembered martyrs who lost their lives in service of the nation. The government in Delhi is sleeping but they are in such deep slumber that people's anger cannot wake them," he said.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

nageshks wrote:The Congress is becoming shriller and more hysterical by the day. I have never seen them indulge in open scaremongering like this. They do it covertly, in door to door campaigning. The question is: why are they so openly screeching, making themselves ridiculous in the process? The Congress has fought and lost elections before, people. Neither election speeches, nor election losses are new to the Congress. Why, then, are they so scared and worried this time, and behaving so stupidly in public? Exactly what do they fear from Modi?
They are not afraid of Modi. They are afraid of the common man Whois willing to see beyond caste class rhetoric and vote for one person. This person is saying what the common man thinks.

And this is the reason why NaMo or no NaMo, congress will be killed unless there is EVM magic.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

14:37 Modi slams Omar govt, says Jammu Kashmir bhikhari nahi hai: At the rally in Jammu, Modi said, "Atal ji showed the way the J&K must be made into a super state. Your rulers have got the habit to go and keep asking things from Delhi, because what is given will not be accounted for. And your leaders are also there abroad. They neither like summers nor winters here. Jammu Kashmir bhikhari nahi hai. Yeh desh ke liye marne wali jamaat hai. (People of Jammu and Kashmir are not beggars. It's a land of sacrifice."

"Beggar days are over...we now need to move towards better days," he said.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Three Important Topics covered at #NaMoInJammu - 1. National Security 2. Tourism & Employment 3. J&K should be a Super State
thats what i wanted him to talk about
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

ASHISH SHARMA ‏@ashishright now

#NaMoInJammu gave a great speech. He mentioned Gujars, Bakarwals, Shias but forgot Kashmiri Pandits. I don't know why?
Hashmi Shams Tabreed ‏@hstabreed now

3 Muslim employees of hotel i'm in watched #NaMoInJammu speech with me on my laptop from their reaction i confirm development appeals to all
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Yeah him not mentioning Kashmiri Pundits was a downer. A great speech nonetheless but I wish he had a few words for KPs too.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

some time u have to make a tactical retreat to win the battle. These omissions are tactical retreats only to help clinch the battle. Once battle is won these retreats will be re-visited.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

kittoo wrote:Yeah him not mentioning Kashmiri Pundits was a downer. A great speech nonetheless but I wish he had a few words for KPs too.
Narendra Modi puts up a lot of solutions for many problems and issues. However there are problems which lie closer to his heart, for which he believes far more radical and comprehensive solutions are needed. He would not talk about these, because taking these problems up casually with a remark or two, and making a hollow demand for some "peaceful" secular solution would in fact be betrayal of his assessment and beliefs in what needs to be done and using what rhetoric it needs to be done. So why speak superficially about something? Why give people just some few slogans to chew on?

The whole sloganeering on Kashmiri Pundit Refugees has become stale. Why add to these stale slogans?
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

From 0:59:00 onwards.

Truely a landmark speech. I'm now convinced that if gets sufficient majority he will remove 370 in first term itself. But yes, silence about Kashmiri Pandit was a let down. He should have also remembered Maharaja Ranjit sing and Gen Zoravar sing. I hope he talks about them in his next speech.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Re:Silence on KPs plight

Isn't KP resettlement intertwined with abrogation of Art 370 ?
Then the state gets integrated into Indian Union to the total possible extent and special status of the valley ceases to exist and central agencies (administrative or otherwise) can enact and/or establish conditions (at least in pockets of the valley to begin with) where the KP's can return and live in safety .
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

>>INFLUENCER ‏@Purple_Truth 12m
Around 60% voting in Rajasthan by 4 PM - Voting may cross 70%
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

Fin figure above 74%
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

Sri NaMo tearing in to khujliwal now...live on IndiaTV...says "congress haath se loot ti hai, ye jhaadoo maar ke saaf kardenge"
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

There is one more thread emerging in Modi's speeches in Delhi.

Chidu,MMS messing up economy and how they should have learnt from PVNR/Vajpayee

As 2014 approaches that will become more crystallized.

I wish he connects the dots

Price rise
Mismanagement and Destruction of economy
Sonia $2B wealth and one of the 12th richest politician

Then ask is it job of Chidu & MMS to make her No 1 or help India?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

NM speaking about the vision of Late Sri Shaman Prasad Mukharji being proven correct and JLN wrong. It has more meanings than terror the KP genocide. whole and basic idea of Kashmir of JLN gang is now under attack now from NM, just like Late Mukharji.
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

I think NaMo did not mention Pandits because he was focusing on creating fissures between Shias and Gurjars on one side and Sunnis on there thereby breaching the enemy fort. But it does show that he is taking Pandits for granted.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Arjun wrote:
Singha wrote:india provided shelter to the baghdadi jews when their fellow abrahamics went after them.
Thanks...did not know the Baghdadi Jews were also escaping persecution, like the Parsis. Seems like India of yore, like the US of today, was the prime destination for asylum-seekers.
<OT>
I have a friend who worked with me in Mumbai who was one of rare folks who like riding bikes in Mumbai traffic and used to give me ride back home. Because of him I know about how Jews ended up in India. He married a Gujju girl who incidentally was also my colleague at work :)
</OT>
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

apoorv wrote:I think NaMo did not mention Pandits because he was focusing on creating fissures between Shias and Gurjars on one side and Sunnis on there thereby breaching the enemy fort. But it does show that he is taking Pandits for granted.
I felt the same too. I hope he has a strategy and hopefully KPs don't read too much from one speech.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

“If Omar (Abdullah) married outside Kashmir, his rights of being a citizen remain whereas his sister Sara loses the right for the same. Is this not discrimination against the women in the State,” he asked, while referring to the Chief Minister’s family.
Sixer. However, it is really true because I thought that law did not pass.
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Just came back from a pilgrimage (Pancha Dwaraka) covering Gujarat and Southern Rajasthan. I was visiting the state for the first time since Sept 2000 and will post my high level visible and invisible changes in Guj in a few days.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I don't understand why everyone is making such a fuss about KP. The whole idea is to get as many people as you can on your side. It's obvious what will happen to article 370 and the resettlement of the pundits if he becomes elected. If he mentions anything about pundits MSM will only talk about the issue for a week and focus on nothing else from the speech. Don't give these guys excuses to create mischief. Give the muslims of Kashmir an alternative. Shias and gujjars will be the first to cross over especially b/c they know what will happen to them when the american withdrawal is complete and the jihadis across the border start flowing across LOC like a raging river. We need to cocoon the state and then slowly sanitize it and integrate it with India. This can only happen when the majority are on your side.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

RVAIDYA ‏@rvaidya2000 10m
No good:V naidu rumored to be pushing the case of Renuka Chwdury Admission into BJP-

https://twitter.com/rvaidya2000
:shock:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Virat rally in Virat Ground Delhi.