Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by panduranghari »

Gus wrote:people who post a lot of 'modi should do this..modi should do that' are in for a rude shock when he does gets to power.

he's most certainly not going to "kick USG where it hurts". :rotfl:
Oh yes he can if he wishes. The point is US was keen for India to get independence from Britain and apparently India getting freedom was the necessary point on which US was going to enter WW2. The US wanted the captive market of India as a prize of the war. The eventual movement away from West to Russia was unexpected. The USG still expects DIEnasty to keep the deal of 2005 alive.

US getting a cold shoulder is a kick where it hurts. If anyone needs to see how a independent mind thinks look at Vlad the Putin and his attitude towards USG.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

RajeshA wrote:
Neela wrote:IF Modi comes to power, may be the first big-clouted country he visits will signal the general alignment . MMS was off to USA ( & 8 times after that ) in Nov(?) 2004 after getting elected in May 2004.
Modi's first visit should be to Japan!
Absolutely. There is so much to learn from the Japanese.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

sudarshan wrote:Ah yes, shrill anti-americanism of the Ahmedinejad or Castro variety would be a godsend to the US. They could then proceed to do what they do best - demonization.
Like they have done with Assad. Heck it worked hasn't it? :roll:
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

nachiket wrote:We are getting ahead of ourselves. The elections are four months away and the outcome is far from certain.
Its not just about Modi, is it? Its the diplomacy that should be geared to protect our interests thats what people want. Will Modi deliver on that. I hope so. if not him any PM should be doing this anyway. Why should we be subservient to the west?
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

To maintain momentum, Modi extends UP rally dates

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/to-ma ... s/1199213/
Modi has so far addressed four Vijay Shankhnad Rallies in UP held in Kanpur (October 19), Jhansi (October 25), Bahraich (November 7) and Agra (November 21). The next rally has been scheduled in Varanasi where workers of 14 districts of Kashi region will take part.

Party had earlier announced that Modi will hold nine rallies in UP —- one each in eight different regions and the last and the biggest in Lucknow on December 24.

Modi has decided to hold next rally in Varanasi on December 20, a month after Agra rally. Party state president Laxmikant Bajpai confirmed that last rally, scheduled to be held in December in Lucknow, will now be organised in February.

Bajpai said other rallies of different regional units, including Gorakhpur, Bareilly and West regions, will be organised in December, January and February. The reason Bajpai gave for change in the schedule was that Modi is busy in the Assembly elections of five states where results would be announced on December 8.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

>>The point is US was keen for India to get independence from Britain and apparently India getting freedom was the necessary point on which US was going to enter WW2.

reference ?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

alexis wrote:Indian society must not differentiate between sexes; on that front, same law should be applicable to both sexes. The Kashmiri law is discriminatory and against fundamental rights of Indian citizens (Kashmiri women). Whether this change will benefit Pakistan or India is conjecture.
Indian Law does discriminate between the sexes and even though it sounds preposterous it does have its practical merits.

As of now, if an Indian woman marries a Pakistani or a Bangladeshi man, he is not entitled to move to India and become Indian citizen. She would have to move to Pakistan or Bangladesh or to a third country. Getting short time visa is a different matter. However an Indian man can marry a Pakistani or Bangladeshi woman and bring her over, get her domicile and citizenship of India.

Just imagine if Pakistani men were marrying Indian Muslim women and moving over to India on a massive scale!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

FDR insisted that if "we" are fighting for freedom and democracy, then India and Africa should be free from British exploitation. Nothing became of it since FDR feared Hitler would have taken over England.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

nachiket wrote:We are getting ahead of ourselves. The elections are four months away and the outcome is far from certain.

Exactly.

Lets not forget that what just happened in Delhi (AAP aka Congress team B splitting the BJP vote) will happen all over the country come GE. Hell in some states Rajmata and her mafia goons even have a team C (UP for example).

A heck of a lot of work still needs to be done by the BJP and Namo's speeches alone will not be enough to take the BJP over the line. The second string leadership of the party and those on the ground will need to step up too.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

2011 Census hasn't been released yet. Issue also seems to be going around twitter a bit. I have a feeling hindus have dipped below 70%. Im curious as to how Modi will deal with this issue.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

sunnyP wrote:

Exactly.

Lets not forget that what just happened in Delhi (AAP aka Congress team B splitting the BJP vote) will happen all over the country come GE. Hell in some states Rajmata and her mafia goons even have a team C (UP for example).

A heck of a lot of work still needs to be done by the BJP and Namo's speeches alone will not be enough to take the BJP over the line. The second string leadership of the party and those on the ground will need to step up too.
Too much of dhoti-shivering :mrgreen:
One needs to have faith in the voter and his judgement. Atleast in UP , i see Namo Namo all the way. In Up , I guess half of OBC voters will go Namo Namo. A good sixty percent or more of General category voters will go Namo Namo. 5% of about muslim and dalit votes will also come to BJP.
The anti-BJP muslim votes will drift towards BSP as Hindu votebank is pissed at SP. So , tactical voting calls for muslims to look upto BSP .
All in all , i think SP and BSP are past their prime in UP. They both got thumping majority but they could not impress the junta. It's all downhill from here for both of them.
Mulayam asked for 75 seats from his party workers. Now , i don't know whether he will get 7+5 or 7-5 but definitely not 7*5.Anti-incumbency is roaring sky high.
The LS elections in UP will be between BJP and BSP with BJP getting 40+ . In many pockets, too much of secular kool aid has not gone well with the janta.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

RoyG wrote:2011 Census hasn't been released yet. Issue also seems to be going around twitter a bit. I have a feeling hindus have dipped below 70%. Im curious as to how Modi will deal with this issue.
10% decline in 10 years? While I do have doubts that Hindus might be below 75%, 70% seems a little too much.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

RoyG:2011 Census hasn't been released yet. Issue also seems to be going around twitter a bit. I have a feeling hindus have dipped below 70%. Im curious as to how Modi will deal with this issue.

kittoo: 10% decline in 10 years? While I do have doubts that Hindus might be below 75%, 70% seems a little too much.
I posted this facebook status today, and I dont know if that triggered twitterati to take up this issue

https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 0255716922

Apparently, census data has been out. But religion related data has withheld. And BJP leaders have not made any demand to release religion data in census. The data could have been released in jan-2012.

Now I have self-imposed one post per day limit. It is due to anti-RM-elements.

So I will explain tomorrow why BJP leaders didnt demand release of religion data till date.

Hints :

1. Who benefits if data had come in jan-2012

2. Who benefits if data comes in jan-2014 and not before?

3. Who benefits if data comes in jun-2014 and no before?

4. Who has power to force BJP MPs to remain silent?

Added later :

5. It is very much related with NaMo's becoming , and it is NOT OST
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 06 Dec 2013 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Can census data be withheld by government even in parts? Like any government activity, people have participated in it so why this holding back.

Especially hiding from majority ? What kind of census is it? If it was to be hidden from a minority, it would be called communal hiding of secular data only. Meaning now this is "secular hiding" of communal census data. But can government department officials not release it?!?! Under what idea - or this is part of secularism only for heathens and pagaans even after participating in census activity!

RahulMehta ji, why this secrecy as if its going to help.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rahul Mehta wrote:why BJP leaders didnt demand release of religion data till date.

Hints :

2. Who benefits if data had come in jan-2014?

3. Who benefits if data had come in jun-2014?

It's one thing to have the data, it's another thing to have a plan what to do with it! Such data cuts both ways. If the Hindus are shown to have shrunk to say 70%, then there is going to be a huge uproar and the whole narrative would change to the conversion race and demographic explosion! Would BJP want to run in Lok Sabha elections with conversion being the sole focus? They would not be able to avoid that once the data comes out. It is going to be very divisive. So would that be better suited to run an election campaign on? Hardly.

The claim of Hindus that India belongs to them and they have the right to determine the course of India's destiny is often based on the fact that still 80% of Indians are Hindus. Does Hindutva want to jeopardize that? Hardly.

If a huge increase in conversion is shown, again organizations like VHP would have to answer for it, why have they allowed such proselytization. Why are they sitting on their lazy butts? Would they want to answer that? Hardly.

There is only one plan.
Get power and then try to change the situation from inside, try to win back lost territory from that vantage point, and try to do that without causing whole of India to explode.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

you guys got it all wrong on kicking khan butts.. none of those strategies will work. instead of focusing on the virtual enemies, focus on the real enemies at home - kala-angrez and their corruption setup. if we remove corruption, and establish a clean living system then we have conquered the world... rest is magic [leave that problem to internet hindoos to tackle khan issues]
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Especially hiding from majority ? What kind of census is it? If it was to be hidden from a minority, it would be called communal hiding of secular data only. Meaning now this is "secular hiding" of communal census data. But can government department officials not release it?!?! Under what idea - or this is part of secularism only for heathens and pagaans even after participating in census activity!
It's pertinent to not look at all India figures but try and concentrate on a few critical districts. I have shown that in my blog here . And the evidence even from 2001 Census points to figures above 60% in several districts. The district that connects NE to West India (Uttar Dinajpur) would be over 60% Muslims now. All areas 200-300 kms below UtKh to BD borders will have average over a 50% M population with significant BD infiltrators to boot.

When NM becomes PM he must release these figures and expose the Dynasty and it's associated sycophants on why these figures are not being released. People must know.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
RoyG:2011 Census hasn't been released yet. Issue also seems to be going around twitter a bit. I have a feeling hindus have dipped below 70%. Im curious as to how Modi will deal with this issue.

kittoo: 10% decline in 10 years? While I do have doubts that Hindus might be below 75%, 70% seems a little too much.
I posted this facebook status today, and I dont know if that triggered twitterati to take up this issue

https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 0255716922

Apparently, census data has been out. But religion related data has withheld. And BJP leaders have not made any demand to release religion data in census. The data could have been released in jan-2012.

Now I have self-imposed one post per day limit. It is due to anti-RM-elements.

So I will explain tomorrow why BJP leaders didnt demand release of religion data till date.

Hints :

2. Who benefits if data had come in jan-2014?

3. Who benefits if data had come in jun-2014?

I want to graduate BSc (BS Conspiracy theories)

First of all, there is a reason why UPA CON Govt. did not release the numbers.

Secondly, if BJP demands the numbers, there will be a campaign in dhimmi media how evil yindoos are communalizing the situation. So now all english educated masses will detest Modi/BJP and vote for Kujliwal.

So now blame BJP for not asking.

I have see your patterns in every issue:

1. Start with a valid premise
2. Never touch CONGis/SONIA/UPA who are working hard to create the situation
3. Create a CT against BJP/Modi and how they are servants of MNCs/missionaries

BJP/Modi are first target for any Nehruvian eco system bashing campaign and equal equal theory propagated by them. RSS bashing is 24x7 theme of our media which was never in the news until 90s when Morarji/Charan Singh kind of jokers used it a pretext to fight amongst each other and collapse the Janata Govt.

The truth is there are many right wing Hindus who felt betrayed by Vajapayee and who are afraid and see the shadow of Vajapayee in every letter/word/sentence of Modi. Modi is not Vajpayee but at the same time he needs to attract people to vote for him. The narrative media/left wing/CONGi corrupt core supporters created against Modi/BJP worked for long time except in Guajarat. Modi successfully fought off and won some battles but he has not won the war yet. Even if he wins 2014, it will be only partial victory. He has to convince majority of anglicized Indian Nehru-washed (not brain-washed) Hindus to be proud of their India,culture,religion and work towards dharmic society. It will take a long time to fight the demons Nehru system created.

I don't know your agenda but you think every thing can be changed by a law. Every law has to be enforced by Govt which has been hijacked by vested folks who have no interest in India.

By creating more and more CTs for everything and blaming BJP instead of attacking the source of the problem (DIEnasty and eco-system they created), I don't know what you are achieving. Based on website, I know you care for the nation.

But I think you should put your mind to how do we fight this media and influence people instead of blaming BJP for every thing.

PS: Any issue which Modi/BJP raises should be thought provoking for middle class and appear logical whether it is 370 or CVB. I posted Modi's letter to PM which was very logical for any one to see. Unfortunately, BJP leaders failed to do that job for 10 years and lot of young voters did not connect with BJP in the last 10 years. BJP is associated with communal in their minds. The fact that Mumbai voted CONGis after 26/11 shows how much work Modi or BJP has to do and how much Indian society has been a victim of propaganda of Nehruvian eco system.

Modi is trying to erase that stigma. If all you want to do is berate him for every word/sentence and create a CT out of it, it is up to you. But in the end you are only hurting India's cause.
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

vivek.rao wrote: PS: Any issue which Modi/BJP raises should be thought provoking for middle class and appear logical whether it is 370 or CVB. I posted Modi's letter to PM which was very logical for any one to see. Unfortunately, BJP leaders failed to do that job for 10 years and lot of young voters did not connect with BJP in the last 10 years. BJP is associated with communal in their minds. The fact that Mumbai voted CONGis after 26/11 shows how much work Modi or BJP has to do and how much Indian society has been a victim of propaganda of Nehruvian eco system.

Modi is trying to erase that stigma. If all you want to do is berate him for every word/sentence and create a CT out of it, it is up to you. But in the end you are only hurting India's cause.
I have a sneaky feeling that Rahul Mehta sahab is AAP - B team. At least, that is what I see in his posts. AAP concentrates on anti-corruption, which by and in itself is not wrong and you can't find fault with it. But we all know better about Fodriwal. RM sahab concentrates on other aspects. Same modus operendi.

What ever NaMo does is not saffron enough for RM sahab. Hence, I have him on ignore and can avoid his theories.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

vnshyam:

RM is the Grand BAAP of AAP. He was a decade ahead of the curve.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Regarding what NaMo or anyone else for that matter should do:

Make India so strong that no one else can ignore her interests, and give her the space to assert them.
China has done that. India is far behind.

To do that you first need to fix the house inside.
The forces which keep India weak & wretched all have an Indian face. Even if they are sponsored by other interest groups from outside India, it is the Indian face which causes the problem. Make it impossible for such forces to thrive, by whatever means needed. You can not deal with adharmics in a dharmic manner.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the problem with aap is the absence of what is the solution available from modi. again, imho, you all think modi does magic.. no simple, he just does his job. if every politician do their jobs, they become modi.

regarding hard core problems facing the country, modi can enable, but people must be on the enchanted exercise to leverage the empowerment rather keep pointing fingers and saying we have a new boss, and boss will do everything.

when it comes hygiene, roads, human behavior, etc.. modi just can only think, list them, feed everyone.. finally it has to be the horse which has to drink.. it cant' say, i can't leave this corruption model, though i like the non-corruption documents just for the sake of saying it.

bottom: the ways of living must change.. then onleee all these aap-walas will make sense.
Last edited by SaiK on 07 Dec 2013 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

VikramS wrote:To do that you first need to fix the house inside.
The forces which keep India weak & wretched all have an Indian face. Even if they are sponsored by other interest groups from outside India, it is the Indian face which causes the problem. Make it impossible for such forces to thrive, by whatever means needed. You can not deal with adharmics in a dharmic manner.
+1008. India was kept poor using lots of money in the name of Gandhi and India is kept week stealing lots of money in the name of Gandhi.Leadership in Dili is South Asian first, Leftists second, Indian 3rd and Bharti 99th.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Chetak'ji, thanks for the repost - on this fast moving thread, I already put some of my thoughts on the above. Will welcome toughts/counter-thoughts/etc on that.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

Oldest litigant in Ayodhya case comes out in support of Narendra Modi

AYODHYA: Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the oldest litigants in Ayodhya title suits,today claimed Congress is creating fear of Narendra Modi among Muslims and the BJP leader needs the community's support to become prime minister.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 975056.cms
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I tweeted extensively about communal violence bill (CVB) about how it violates the constitution and makes Hindus second class citizens. I overlooked one major part of CVB and that is the intense focus on creating "committees and agencies and organizations" to look after "internally displaced victims", take care of redressal etc.

They are trying to institutionalize the "NAMO is yeeevil" cottage industry and bring it out as mainstream business. The moment this bill is passed, there is guaranteed employment for these crony charlatans to get into one or the other committees or commissions and keep leeching on the govt.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://newsinsight.net/Nemesisishere.aspx#page=page-1
NEMESIS IS HERE
Almost since the day that Modi took over as chief minister from the ailing and incompetent Keshubhai Patel, he has been the target of attack. The Narmada agitators maidenly saw him as Lucifer. After Godhra, the communalists set of in pursuit. When the United Progressive Alliance came to power, the anti-Modi forces in the state got strengthened. To this crowd joined administrators and policemen who were penalized by the Modi government for corruption, extortion, and so forth. Covertly and sometimes openly, they colluded with the Centre against Modi, and the biggest setback to their campaign came in the form of the Supreme Court Special Investigation Team’s clean chit to the Gujarat chief minister in the 2002 riots.
Having to prove himself every hour of the day, he took nothing for granted, and embarked on a journey of rigorous self-education. Continuously embattled, he developed natural self-preservation instincts. For his dedication and hard work, he was rewarded repeatedly by Gujarat’s electorate. When the dynasty took the country to the dogs, the people looked to a non-dynast and a self-made man as a saviour, and this has been the story for the past two years. The more the dynasty and its minions strafe Narendra Modi, the greater becomes his support base. The young embrace him as a deliverer.
This is what big Hindutva rhetoric aadmis on this forum and elsewhere should realize. Modi has been put thru agni pariksha 100 times more than Sita using shady,vitriolic forces inside/outside Gujarat/BJP/India. He will do fine. He will need time/support to MODIfy India.
It is unlikely that as prime minister, Narendra Modi would be vindictive. He knows that the politics of revenge does not go far. Victimhood brings its own prize. He is a living example of this. But he cannot ignore the looting in the two United Progressive Alliance terms. The country has been hollowed out, as if attacked by termites. The monies stashed abroad in secret accounts have to be brought back. They belong to the Indian people, you and I. So whether or not Modi chooses to be vindictive, he has to get the looters. He will have to engage the law enforcement agencies to send some present notables and worthies to jail. He cannot shirk from this, and consequently, he will be -- and he will have to be -- relentless and ruthless.
It is this many-layered genius and nemesis called Narendra Modi that frightens the looters of the United Progressive Alliance. Till so long the Bharatiya Janata Party was in the hands of Lal Krishna Advani and Co., the looters had nothing to fear. Advani belongs to the old school, letting bygones be bygones. Atal Behari Vajpayee spared the Nehru-Gandhis further ignominy on Bofors. But Narendra Modi is not made in their mould. He does not belong to Delhi. He is an outsider much in the way that a majority of Indians live in alienation from the national capital. These outsiders have had enough of the Delhi establishment and wish to upend the status quo.
The dynasty dreads the impact of just one Modi term. True to his advertised sentiments, he will make Nehruvianism redundant, and guide India on the home-grown wisdom of Sardar Patel. In this respect, Narendra Modi represents a complete break from the past. Henceforth, the dominant vision would be of Patel and the other great national leaders who were robbed of their due by Mohandas Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru. These are powerful legacies to build on, and those that decry this attachment to history do not know the first thing about national reconstruction. It is this Modi project, Sardar Patel-plus, which scares the Nehru-Gandhis in addition to his determination to cleanse Indian public life.
So the 2014 election campaign must be seen as the last hurrah of the dynastic Congress party. In advance of the poll, it will unabashedly misuse state institutions such as the Central Bureau of Investigation; squander scarce capital on fatal populist measures; make contemptuous and cynical attempts to divide society in the guise of combating riots; and it will leave no stone unturned to undermine Narendra Modi. The season of entrapments is upon us. Blatant falsehoods would be purveyed as truth, which sections of the suborned media will happily regurgitate. And as partisanship peaks on news television, it will become more and more unwatchable. Nothing, anymore, can influence voters against Narendra Modi. The shriller the Congress campaign against him, the taller he will grow.

Nemesis has arrived. :rotfl: :rotfl:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Ashok Sarraff wrote:Oldest litigant in Ayodhya case comes out in support of Narendra Modi

AYODHYA: Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the oldest litigants in Ayodhya title suits,today claimed Congress is creating fear of Narendra Modi among Muslims and the BJP leader needs the community's support to become prime minister.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 975056.cms

"Muslims in Gujarat are happy and wealthy," he said. Hashim (92), who is fighting the legal battle since 1959, alleged that Congress is creating fear of Modi among the Muslims.

"Congress is creating fear of Modi by saying that if he becomes the prime minister their will be consequences for the community," he said.
:rotfl:
Muslims have supported Congress for over 50 years, but the party in return gifted the community a series of communal riots, he said.

He also attacked the Muslim ministers in the Samajwadi party-led UP government and called them "powerless".

"Muslim ministers in the SP government are speechless and don't have any position in the party," he said.

The SP government is following the path of Congress, which has "suppressed Muslims through riots", Hashim alleged.
Libtards don't know what hit them when they see this news
Last edited by vivek.rao on 07 Dec 2013 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

^^now that is real news...the above news wrt Ayodhya litigant and the news of chaiwallas' campaign in Agra linked earlier - are very positive symptoms of change. And not one based on rhetoric or breaking of public property either.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

The SP government is following the path of Congress, which has "suppressed Muslims through riots", Hashim alleged.
How true is that if anyone has info.

It is also ironic considering libtards and also Muslims members of SP were accusing BJP for riots!
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

#ShauryaDiwas 8)
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

viv wrote:^^now that is real news...the above news wrt Ayodhya litigant and the news of chaiwallas' campaign in Agra linked earlier - are very positive symptoms of change. And not one based on rhetoric or breaking of public property either.
The last thing we need is muslims voting for BJP. I would much rather, they stay away from BJP and BJP stays away from them. This is their tested trick, when the chips are down, they invest on the opposite side also. So today they can give all fancy stats 10% muslims voted for BJP becos they did "blah ..." and did not speak about "xxx...". Whether they voted or not itself is suspect, but even if they did, I would prefer if they did not and BJP also should not seek their votes. The game is very simple

2014: 10% of the 14% (i.e) BJP got 1.4% vote from muslims which gave them incremental margin

2019: BJP netas amongst themselves get into a bidding war, lets do this so that muslims no longer oppose us and lets bump that number to 20%. So as a first step, lets ditch uniform civil code

2024: BJP neta: to get 30% of the muslim vote lets give voter ids to bangladeshis.

This is how the rot starts, BJP does not need muslim vote. Muslims will never vote BJP and even if they did, it is on their own accord. For the nation's sake lets keep the center-right party the way it is. Never ever give credence to these theories that 10-20% muslims votes for BJP. This will take us to a situation where we will have no main stream party to bank on for our interests.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^+1
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

muraliravi makes a great point. I hadn't thought of it that way.
That's probably how Congress became a sekoolar party.
Once Muslims begin to support a party, they play the carrot game "Give us benefits or we will withdraw support". The BJP by then would have become dependent or used to Muslim support and cannot afford to have that taken away and might cave in.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

News - a PIL has been filed in the Supreme Court, asking that if EVMs with paper trail cannot be used anywhere for whatever reason, then the Election Commission must revert to paper ballots.

See www.ttfindia.org for details.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

RVAIDYA ‏@rvaidya2000 5m
Alert:One group in Delhi in the main oppn party BJP feels that with amendments proposed by Shinde-the CVB can be passed! Sell out
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Can someone please explain how Sonia Gandhi was able to get her name removed from the Huffington Post List? What on earth happened?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Jarita wrote:Can someone please explain how Sonia Gandhi was able to get her name removed from the Huffington Post List? What on earth happened?
I would assume that someone with so much money can pull a lot of strings
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Jarita wrote:Can someone please explain how Sonia Gandhi was able to get her name removed from the Huffington Post List? What on earth happened?
you are kidding right? i assume this was a rhetorical question.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Let me tell you one story from the USofA. Back in the slave holder days the current day leftist "good guy Democrats*" were the white-racist bad guys. This continued until 1964 civil rights movement which resulted in the then democratic president Lyndon B Johnson (LBJ) signing into effect the civil rights law. At that moment, every racist bad guy got pissed of with the Democratic leadership and deserted to Republican party thereby changing the whole nature of both parties in about 5 - 10 years.

There is a big big danger of the that deserting phenomena happening in India (albeit for the exactly opposite reason), if we assume that appeasing someone is the sole way to attract them, then we are jumping into the same crap hole as what CON men have lead us into. Which means BJP will soon be filled with CONgi deserters who will bring their rabid ideology of appeasement along with them.

Modi/BJP should strictly focus on good fair governance with fairness to all and appeasement to none, nothing more nothing less.

* Even the most lefty current day Democrat would be more rightwing that most so called rightwing Indians. The ideological gulf between the US left and the fake CONgi left can be filled with a pacific-ocean sized void