Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Shanmukh »

sudarshan wrote:Is the Hindu Munnani a political force in TN? If so, some reaching out from the BJP would be in order. Unless the Hindu Munnani *is* the Tamil face of the BJP, of course.
Hindu Munnani is already fully aligned with the BJP (more like RSS and BJP, in fact). But their strength is rather limited.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I started this thread for run up tp 2014. This round is now over. Now 2014 GE and state assembly elections of Ap, mh, telangana ( if ap is divided ) etc are to be held together. Even Delhi may also have a fresh election.

We need a fresh thread as it would be a separate set of issues.

RM need to unlock the thread I started.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

nachiket wrote:
abhik wrote: If Mayawati ditches the congies, their fate will be sealed.
Mayawati can be threatened with consequences, namely the CBI.
The chances of the congies coming back is close to zero, and if the UPA loses the motion she won't have worry about the CBI anymore(at least at the hands of the congies). And unlike the UPA's other CBI ally, the SP, it has no major reasons to postpone the fight. Firstly there is huge anti-imcubency in UP against the SP. Secondly the "minority" vote is theirs for the taking. The minorities will vote for the party which has the best chance against the BJP. There will be no doubt now that the congies are going to lose nationwide in a big way. The SP isn't doing too will and has also left a bad taste in the mouth with all the riots etc. And as far as the Modi wave is concerned, there is really no reason to believe that it will be mitigated 3 months down the line. All IHMO onlee.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

It is strange how 'minorities' vote for con race even after about a decade of misrule and price rice , scams etcetera etcetera. What does it say about average voter of this group other than vote banking and opposing the main opposition!
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

SaiK wrote:^should not that speak a lot about delhites more than anything else.. they are visionless! 1010 precisely
How come the entire country send their MPs to Delhi!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^it should come from the IITian.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Not interested in dealing with Naxal and Pakistani sympathisers.

Edit: Okay - I read the article. The guy is being Chankian. The AAP wants to hang its unimplementable promises around the neck of the BJP and then accuse it of betraying the AAP. Sorry, but no. They made their idiotic promises. Let them try to implement them and then stew in their own juices as they cannot do it.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Why would AAP support BJP now. What bluff masters. Till yesterday AAP were doing == to hide con race corruption and now want to support BJP. It only means BJP can provide clean governance while leftists are ready to take credit and get support for selectoive leftist bills via 'communal' violence bill and such selective nonsense.

Leftists can't rule except with totalitarian regime. Can't even rule dilli municipality.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

vishvak wrote:Why would AAP support BJP now. What bluff masters. Till yesterday AAP were doing == to hide con race corruption and now want to support BJP. It only means BJP can provide clean governance while leftists are ready to take credit and get support for selectoive leftist bills via 'communal' violence bill and such selective nonsense.

Leftists can't rule except with totalitarian regime. Can't even rule dilli municipality.
Actually BJP can take this bait and say we will only implement our agenda and manifesto and not that of AAP or INC. if acceptable then we will rule. Once in the government they should do an operation lotus in another two months to get legislative stability. In addition, they should expose the past Delhi government wheelings and dealings especially the Common wealth games. There will be a lot to do.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

BJP should say no to external support. AAP should share in the responsibility of power.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

and they tell, they are ready for re-elections as well.

btw, "Bewakoof hai na hum" replied the angry mrs dixit.. I was at first saw her arrogance.. but later realized she was telling the truth.. the truth is all dillites are bewakoofs!! what a phuck up!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Delhi Elections were a rejection of Congress. Delhites did not choose who should rule. No party received the mandate to rule. Congress received the mandate to not rule!

So reelections, the only solution.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

it may not be the right solution given nota, participation percentile, and the current system of choosing the winner... just because, they did just vote. our constitution should agree to enable the largest party as majority, and not by 51% vote... we are way too secular to have 51% mark. we are a fragmented society.
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

BJP has won a seat in Mizoram as well. Although there is no chance of winning MP seat but this is still a good start.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

matrimc wrote:This morning I had the same question re cong(I) becoming INC. what is the story behind this? Because all the freedom fight stalwarts worked under the INC banner so all parties can claim them as their own unless Cong(I) managed to get INC moniker recently.
I wrote and drew this some time back....2009 to be precise. Color coded it specifically..... :rotfl:

http://kaangress.wordpress.com/2009/03/ ... kaangress/

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

what do you mean by "our kaangress" ? :)
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Dec 09 2013
By Atikh Rashid
Kejriwal would have been Delhi CM if I had campaigned for him: Anna Hazare: Indian Express
Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Monday said Arvind Kejriwal would have become Chief Minister had he campaigned for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi Assembly polls.
Hazare said he was impressed by Kejriwal's decision not to enter into alliance with any political party to form the government. "Had there been any other leader he would have taken support from Congress's eight MLAs and become the CM. But Arvind showed restraint. I liked that very much," told reporters in Ralegan Siddhi.

Briefing the media about his indefinite fast scheduled to start from Tuesday, Anna said AAP has emerged as a third and pro-people option to the Congress and BJP, who he called two sides of the same coin. He said AAP should now contest polls at a national level and he was sure that people will support it. He, however, added that there was no chance that he will ever publically support AAP candidiates or campaign for them.

Anna rubbished the widespread notion the BJP's success in the Assembly polls was due to a Narendra Modi wave in the country. "It's nothing like that. Modi has been there for years, but why has it happened only now? People have elected the BJP as they are weary of corruption and the Congress is doing nothing to address these issues. Will anything change even if Narendra Modi becomes the PM? Will he take India towards a bright future? No. He won't change a thing. To change the country for better, we need to decentralise power, give more power to gramsabhas, cleanse the political system," he said.

Anna said his fast will go on until the Rajya Sabha passed the bill where it has been stuck since November 2012. "The government has given us many promises but later backtracked. This time I will not break my fast on any promise. Either pass the Bill or I will die," he said.

He attacked Prime Minister for hurrying on the Anti-Riot Bill while cold shouldering the Jan Lokpal Bill. "It only shows that if they want they can pass the bills but they don't have the will power to fight corruption," he said.

Anna said he was feeling slightly weak because of the recent surgery but sacrifices needed to be made if the country has to be changed for better. "Kejriwal can support my agitation from outside but he won't be allowed on stage because he has his own political party," said Anna adding that no political representatives will allowed on stage.
I don't think Anna Hazare is compromised but he is a died-in-the-wool secular for whom Hindutvavadis are anathema. Actually Sonia Gandhi and her partners needed a man like Anna Hazare, a Gandhi-type, to launch an Arvind Kejriwal, a Nehru-type. Once successfully launched, the media on the directions from above moved away from Anna and focused its attention solely on the darling. Arvind Kejriwal however knows that he still needs Anna. Anna too has learned that he too still needs Arvind Kejriwal for otherwise no camera is going to watch him do his fast.

I do think that Anna Hazare was a bit taken in by all the attention. It happened to MK Gandhi as well. At some point they all think the world revolves around them, and all the Anna Anna that he heard, he thought all those supporters were pledged to him and so the cameras would stay for ever.

Basically Anna is again becoming active. Anna is again being activated. Arvind knows he can't take on Modi, a Netaji, without his own Gandhi. And Anna Hazare has started saying Modi is a useless politician. He can't do anything. Only his Jan Lok Pal is the magic bullet.

So Anna may have a good heart and he may be sincere about anti-corruption, but he is going to arraign himself against Modi, and that is bad news! If Anna Hazare aligns himself again with Arvind Kejriwal, then it is going to be tough for BJP to occupy the whole anti-incumbency vote. MSM is going to again fix itself on Anna and Modi would again be a side news for them. It would make a difference of a few crucial percentages. So one needs a quick fix.

I think it is time that BJP recruits VK Singh and Kiran Bedi officially into the BJP. If Anna feels torn between Kiran and Arvind, then he may decide to sit this one out and not criticize Modi too much.

Anna should remain neutered.

Secondly I think some independent crypto-Hindutva group should go after Jan Lokpal proving that instead of addressing corruption it may in fact increase it! I don't know the details of Jan Lokpal or if it is possible, but some clever heads like NaMo's may like to bring attention to any loopholes, albeit not addressing it personally.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

India cant afford a Netaji sidelining again.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

if you ask me removing corruption is very simple.. much simpler than thinking for tomorrow and planning for the future. however, I still like aaps and annas be sitting on the fence firing at bjp. it only strengthens the model, and much better than tainted kala-angrez on the fence, with no-brainer arguments.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

vivek.rao wrote:
RoyG wrote:Who could AP and FAM be? :D
:rotfl:

If we can get YSR and Family at one shot, WOW!
Nah, moi guess is AP is the Cong political secretary - chonia' key pointman.... achmed p... Fam is family, we know whih one...
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Ended up watching Jaya News for a few minutes. By the look of it, it looks Jayalalitha became the PM of India. On closer look, it was just that AIADMK had won by elections in Yercaud. CPI(M) was all in praise. AIADMK and the commies are getting way closer. Not good. Wake up Cho...do something.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

what can cho do? i'd say rajnikanth can do more for bjp than cho in TN. if rajni is not interested, then it is moot point putting efforts in TN.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

All in all the 0-4 is nasty birthday present to Soniaji. Especially four years ago Chiddu presented her with the Telangana statehood decision so that the state will celebrate her birthday in gratitude for ever.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Even though Delhi is hogging the limelight on State elections, the real battle won is indeed Chhattisgarh. If that state had been lost, it truly would have been lost to EvanJihadis. Moreover Congress would have been able to reject the notion of a Modi wave. Defeats in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh by Congress would have been balanced off by the victory in Chhattisgarh, if these were victories won by the teeth of their skins. Losses in Bastar was a big jolt for Dr Raman Singh. BJP was lucky that it could compensate them elsewhere.

But Modi wave would have been broken if a few thousand people in Chhattisgarh had voted differently. A big Pranaam to those Chhattisgarh voters who may have saved India.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

kejri is repeating over and over he will not align with congress while bika hua media in hand of congress is glorifying kejri to no end, what are end goals?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

The Saviors of India

Published on Dec 10, 2013
By Ashutosh Bhardwaj
Helping script Raman Singh’s win: Dalit priests, a chopper, 19 seats: Indian Express

Behind the BJP's victory in Chhattisgarh is the little-known Satnam Sena of Dalit priests, which was instrumental in ensuring the party's win in at least 19 constituencies, including nine reserved seats. Clad in white robes, these priests used choppers to campaign in Congress strongholds, cutting into the party's Dalit votes.

The functioning of this priestly Sena was as intriguing as its birth.

Months before polls, the BJP government angered the Scheduled Caste (SC) community by reducing their quota in government jobs from 16 per cent to 12 per cent, while increasing the quota for Other Backward Classes (OBCs). With the Satnamis, who constitute a large portion of the SC population in the state, being traditional Congress voters, the BJP seemed to be in trouble. Chhattisgarh has around 12 lakh SC voters who decide the results in about 40 seats.

But on September 13, just two months before the polls, a priestly family of the Satnami Samaj cobbled together a political party and got it registered as the Satnam Sena. The officiating priest, Guru Bal Das, became the party's president. Reportedly fronted by the BJP, the Sena announced candidates for both general and SC seats in the central plains, the only area where the Congress had led in 2008 and home to prominent families like the Jogis, Shuklas and Chaubeys. The Congress had further consolidated its position by winning municipal polls in the area since 2008, and was widely expected to gain here.

The bipolar contest suddenly became triangular, and although the Satnam Sena did not win any seat, it effectively spoiled the Congress's chances. The party contested at least 15 general seats, of which the BJP won 10 — Bilaspur, Takhatpur, Lormi, Kavardha, Pandariya, Bemetara, Saja, Bhatapara, Rajim and Rajnandgaon.

Moreover, even as the BJP ceded tribal Bastar and Sarguja where it was in a direct fight with the Congress, it won nine SC seats from where the Satnam Sena had either fielded candidates or supported independents.
Somehow me thinks NaMo must have had a hand in this! It shows really how close this election was! Wins in MP and Rajasthan would have meant nothing more than losses for Congress in one state Rajasthan due to Ashok Gehlot, if if Chhattisgarh would not have been won!

Thank you Satnam Sena!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Rajesh A ji, that post above made my day. There is a lot of hope that Sanatan Dharma (my rare usage of this word :) ) could come out of its crisis.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Amazing report. And makes me confident, push comes to shove, BJP can handle Khujliwal.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

RajeshA wrote:
BJP should say no to external support. AAP should share in the responsibility of power.
In fact, would making IITian AK CM with Dr. HV BJP Dep. CM and the ministries evenly divided between AAP and BJP a bad idea? May be it is. Not sure. Let AK start implementing stuff and show from inside his ideas are unworkable.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Given how arrogant AK is, and how full of himself he has shown himself to be thus far, BJP should treat him with equal disdain till he behaves himself. Both he, and his paid/unpaid trolls on the net are full of themselves and incredibly self righteous. He needs some hard medicine. He has zero understanding of national security, is petulant and childish when it comes to decisions - see his justifications about Batla house stuff and meeting that fatwa Maulana and is always abusive when it comes to BJP. So why should BJP meet him halfway? Best to have Jaitley keep up the attack on him while Modi takes the high road. The petulant children who want Kejri and Modi both, then wont suffer cognitive dissonance.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

That report from CG is truly heartening. Makes me wonder, though. With all the reservations in jobs and education handed out to the lower classes, why didn't they address the root cause of the class conflict with reservations? Basically, why didn't the congis have x% reservation for Dalits and OBCs in the priesthood profession?

Rhetorical question, of course.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

ChandraV wrote:AAP MLA Dharmender Koli booked for molestation, outraging modesty of women.

Guys, please don't fall for this. This stinks to high heaven and has 'Congoon dirty tricks department' written all over it. Less than 24 hours after a thumping victory, an AAP guy goes and molests the wife of his defeated political opponent. Really?

Please, let us not take perverse pleasure in propagating this vile piece of news. It is a serious matter and could happen to any of us - any of us could be framed tomorrow, with all the hoopla about women's issues in the country now.

Whether you are pro or anti AAP, this issue needs to be resolved and taken to its conclusion, which is the exposure of the Congoon scum who is trying these dirty tricks.
The quicker AAP is demolished the better and hoisting them up on a pole by their chaddis at every opportunity is a must . So what if it is dirty tricks by congoons. Sure law will take its course but in the meantime, hoist away.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

actually seeing sheila madams comment "bewakoof hain na ham" said it all about INC policy of propping up AAP to cut into BJP votes and then having it backfire bigtime.

presumably, there was an informal understanding which went to the dawgs.

kejriwal back stabbed them, same as he made use of baba ramdev and RSS to draw crowds to jantar mantar, and then promptly dumped them once he got worried based on advice from yadav et al that muslim votes were there for the taking.

today, since all his tactics have worked out, he is full of himself. and has probably started regarding himself as a messiah.

lot of brand name folks in india are treated with deference, and over past few years his ego must have swollen like anything.

lokpal bill has statement saying that previous 2 magsaysay award winners should be part of investigative panel. say wot? talk about taking oneself too seriously.

his only true advisor is yogendra yadav per insider blogs, whom he needs for making sense of caste/shaste equations and deal making.

question is how long till a few lessons are delivered to him by either INC or BJP or electorate themselves. then will come the truth.

people like modi et al have survived decades under intense scrutiny and worked their way up the hard way. they were not molly coddled by a pliant MSM and nor did they come from a sheltered middle class background with a relatively stable life thereafter with people giving them deference because of fancy pedigree.

the school of hard knocks is what graduated the raman singhs, the modis, the SSCs. folks the other day were remembering SSC, he was a literal nobody special, who made his way up the old fashioned way, and remained humble as he was.

kejriwal can only go so far with his hero worshipping cult.

he has 5 groups on his side.

1. youth - these can be targeted by BJP as well, if they play their cards well.
2. IIT crowd who regard him as one of theirs - statistically not a huge percent of population, and can be lower in priority
3. general public fed up of existing choices as in delhi - these have to be addressed by effective local governance and reach outs. AAP cannot grow overnight, but may become a nuisance post 2014. taking things easy cannot be allowed.
4. MSM - gone case for now. post 2014, pressure can be applied to the "we'll lie blatantly because ends justify the means" crowd. (end being their left liberal paradise)
5. regular INC crowd - some will shift on account of governance. others may not. again, good governance may do the trick for at least one of the groups.

basically he has to be attacked non stop till he sweats. leaving him to his own devices means he will sabotage national aims for personal whimsy - his jokepal bill and creation of a new Stasi/NKVD to make india some anticorruption haven. A monster he has no idea of controlling.

More he is encouraged, more his ambitions - right now, he is probably thinking of PM ki kursi.
Malayappan
BRFite

Post by Malayappan »

Another perceptive post! An assessment of the AAP game, options in front of Cong and BJP. Definitely worth reading!

Calling AAP’s bluff
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

I would not worry too much for 2 reasons

1. Delhi is not going to have a govt for the next 6 months, so AAP has its hands full in working for a full majority there in the state elections there.

2. They dont have the cadre to spread their movement in 6 months to a lot of places and they are not fools. They will try and maximize their impact in few select ultra urban pockets outside of delhi. So their targets will be most likely South Mumbai, Central Bangalore, Kolkata, Secundrabad, Chennai and maybe Pune.

There are other cities where they can have minimal impact like ranchi, jamshedpur, kanpur, jaipur etc.., but those cities are pretty much out of the scope now.

So among their prime targets, BJP has no reason to worry about Secundrabad, Chennai, Kolkata.

The only city centers where BJP needs to shield itself for the Lok Sabha from the AAP syndrome are Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and maybe Pune.

Now Bangalore and Pune city centers have only one seat each, with the second seat being in the suburbs in both cities. So bottom line is Mumbai will be their next target to hit at BJP.

So the best way to hit back at them will be two pronged. Keep them busy in delhi somehow and carpet bomb Mumbai will all sorts of speeches and rallies.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

BJP must not form a govt without a clear majority because they need to move fast on some key decisions before the 2014 polls to show that they mean business. They cannot afford to be slowed down by a hidden hand and project them selves as policy paralysis like CONG(I).
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

muraliravi wrote: Now Bangalore and Pune city centers have only one seat each, with the second seat being in the suburbs in both cities. So bottom line is Mumbai will be their next target to hit at BJP.
So the best way to hit back at them will be two pronged. Keep them busy in delhi somehow and carpet bomb Mumbai will all sorts of speeches and rallies.
I really doubt that youth in either Mumbai or Pune will get swayed by AAP as neither of these cities have faced the kind of politicking that Delhi has seen in last two years. In any case, both these cities have enough of MNS/SS and NCP goons to take care of AAP types.... it just needs some smart politics from the local BJP Unit ...
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

muraliravi wrote:I would not worry too much for 2 reasons

1. Delhi is not going to have a govt for the next 6 months, so AAP has its hands full in working for a full majority there in the state elections there.

2. They dont have the cadre to spread their movement in 6 months to a lot of places and they are not fools. They will try and maximize their impact in few select ultra urban pockets outside of delhi. So their targets will be most likely South Mumbai, Central Bangalore, Kolkata, Secundrabad, Chennai and maybe Pune.

There are other cities where they can have minimal impact like ranchi, jamshedpur, kanpur, jaipur etc.., but those cities are pretty much out of the scope now.

So among their prime targets, BJP has no reason to worry about Secundrabad, Chennai, Kolkata.

The only city centers where BJP needs to shield itself for the Lok Sabha from the AAP syndrome are Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and maybe Pune.

Now Bangalore and Pune city centers have only one seat each, with the second seat being in the suburbs in both cities. So bottom line is Mumbai will be their next target to hit at BJP.

^Also to not to misunderestimate CongI.

Particularly as sAAP 's success in dilli is curious at many levels. CongI-sAAP connivance is to be assumed a given in every contest.
So at strategic level keep the message positive , on Bhajapas track record and mettle when it comes to delivering good governance , non appeasement brand of politics etc - with the only consistent negative message should be the continuous targetting of dienasty . Remember Kejri is keeping quite against Maino Mata.

While the mid to lower level and state functionaries etc can keep on targeting CongI , sAAP , SaaPa, BhaSaaPa etc in all their manifestations.
Last edited by Lilo on 10 Dec 2013 09:02, edited 2 times in total.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

all in all Bhajapa won 70%+ seats in four states and one out of 7 contested in Mizoram
this means that the cockroach under rug numbers moi posted of Bhajapa gaining 350+ seats in LS
has some truth in it, agreed, even moi rolled me eyes and asked the messenger about his smoking habits and his recent health
yesterdin called him back and apologized.

the NEWS from the under the rug is to let AAp make an arse of themselves while
Dr. janab innocently claims he does not have the mandate to govern, MSM will potray AAp as the victim and ultimately
to save the tax payers moolah AAp and Congress will form the gobermound, Bhajapa will wait for one week and start the unraveling
of AAp, they have it in their manifasto
-to cut bijjili bill by 50% (i.e. 780 keyroars plus per month subsidized) within 7 days of forming gobermound
-to provide 700liters of pure drinking water per day per household within seven days of forming gobermound(now ye know why i call it gobermound?)
-free land line to every house hold by D15
-Dilli free of mosquito by D5 hence free of Dengue and Malaria and the likes
-Rupee 10 per kg of Onion by D3.
so on and so forth, no wonder they want to sit in the opposition, i say go AAp go.