Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Comer
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Comer »

It is not just Lutyen's Delhi, whatever little I have seen of Government quarters, military cantonment, Govt colleges or PSU towships are typically well maintained and laid out. It is the India "outside" which is thrown to the dogs. So I don't think it is Lutyen's alone. If you move the capital to the centre of India, there will again be a Lutyen's repeated. The Establishment knows how to take care of itself. Whereever it is moved, build a moat around it, so the toxicity doesn't spread.
Anyway I find the Lutyen's architecture pretty nice. And the old Govt buildings in Chennai. While the religious buildings(temple, church or mosque) are pretty grand, the "secular" buildings are usually an eyesore.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

archan wrote:Once a Chinese prof was in a talkative mood in my university. We were chatting in his office and discussion went on to India and China. He said, why is your capital so close to both China and Pakistan? It is easier to strike. You got all that nice land down south, why not move it closer to the sea?
aah! moderator driven OT! :mrgreen:
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

I had signed up online at Namo website and india272 sites. I got a call from Gandhinagar. It was a quick conversation. The gentleman confirmed if I had signed up and said more details will follow in an email.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Delhi is not the capital of India because of British and Mughals (who by the way ruled from Agra till Shahjahan shifted to Delhi). The Brits shifted to Delhi and conducted the Darbar there also because of the old association with the" Hindu rule"....

This is from the opening of the BJP's Delhi Vision 2025 document which was released before the MCD polls last year:
Delhi is the capital of India and a showcase city for our civilization; capital of the fabled Bharat dynasty in whose name this land has been known since the ancient mists of time. Delhi, and the wider NCR region, has over the years emerged as a major global urban centre and a prime economic zone, becoming a centre for tourism and manufacturing for the nation. Bharatiya Janata Party is proud to be associated with the capital city, and is committed to its all round development, encompassing the highest standards of physical and social infrastructure, Antyodaya governance which ensures justice and development to all sections of its society leveraging modern technology, and economic development with a vision for ensuring jobs for all.
I personally think we have far more important things to do that shifting of the capital. FWIW, all political capitals have very similar "access" based culture......have experienced the same in DC BTW. Ironically, Silicon Valley is also a gossip based culture place where having access to the Google founders is the epitome of access........human nature is the same everywhere, changing the capital from Delhi to Nagpur/ Vijaynagar/ whatever will not correct that

My 2 paise and IMVVVVHO and all that
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

darshan, they were british designed, that's all. everything else including the style is primarily Indian. those buildings have seen Indian rule for far longer than they have seen foreign rule. internally they have been specially build up over the years for the myriad roles they do.

getting rid of them is just meaningless symbolism at this point.
==============
as Abibhusan sir said, we are a 'bit' OT at this point. :lol: :lol:
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SaiK wrote:
archan wrote:Once a Chinese prof was in a talkative mood in my university. We were chatting in his office and discussion went on to India and China. He said, why is your capital so close to both China and Pakistan? It is easier to strike. You got all that nice land down south, why not move it closer to the sea?
aah! moderator driven OT! :mrgreen:
I apologize, everyone.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

capital of the fabled Bharat dynasty in whose name this land has been known since the ancient mists of time.
Slightly OT but!

That's the reason that Delhi is the Capital of India. Delhi of 1970s was much better with wide roads, trees and full flowing Jamuna. Now due to all the technological and industrial revolution of NOIDA, Gurgaon, Faridabad, etc. Uncontrolled migration to Delhi is the reason for it becoming a gutter.

The uncontrolled migration and idiotic planning of infrastructure.

Anybody who from U.P, Punjab, Haryana wants to go to International Airport has to compete with the traffic going to Gurgaon (Malls, offices, etc) so if you want to catch your flight give at least cushion of 5+ hours (you will never know what will stop the traffic from Netas to Army to big lines at traffic signals, police, etc).

In old delhi at least the Mughals when constructed their forts they had lots of escape tunnels and underground bunkers. I doubt if they had any security aspect (underground bunkers) in supreme court, N-S block, Parliament, etc. They are all constructed too close to each other.

I think that Army-Air-Navy Chief, Prime Minister, Supreme Court, parliament are too close in proximity to lose the entire elected leadership in a single 5-10KT nuke. For this reason alone spreading them out is a good thing.

Move the Army-Air-Navy Chiefs to Nagpur (Those who don't have to report to the Parliament on the daily basis can be moved south).
Move the Supreme Court to some another location (Assam, Bengal or Kerala).

We can still call New Delhi as Capital City while it is spread around.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Adrija wrote:Delhi is not the capital of India because of British and Mughals (who by the way ruled from Agra till Shahjahan shifted to Delhi). The Brits shifted to Delhi and conducted the Darbar there also because of the old association with the" Hindu rule"....

This is from the opening of the BJP's Delhi Vision 2025 document which was released before the MCD polls last year:
Delhi is the capital of India and a showcase city for our civilization; capital of the fabled Bharat dynasty in whose name this land has been known since the ancient mists of time. Delhi, and the wider NCR region, has over the years emerged as a major global urban centre and a prime economic zone, becoming a centre for tourism and manufacturing for the nation. Bharatiya Janata Party is proud to be associated with the capital city, and is committed to its all round development, encompassing the highest standards of physical and social infrastructure, Antyodaya governance which ensures justice and development to all sections of its society leveraging modern technology, and economic development with a vision for ensuring jobs for all.
I personally think we have far more important things to do that shifting of the capital. FWIW, all political capitals have very similar "access" based culture......have experienced the same in DC BTW. Ironically, Silicon Valley is also a gossip based culture place where having access to the Google founders is the epitome of access........human nature is the same everywhere, changing the capital from Delhi to Nagpur/ Vijaynagar/ whatever will not correct that

My 2 paise and IMVVVVHO and all that
The purpose behind shifting of the capital is not to change the human behaviour. It is to make something that we can call our own. It is to establish our own Indian legacy which gives us pride.

It is a matter of great humiliation for many to see their govt being housed in Buildings built by British.

As far as importance of Delhi in Hindu history is concerned, the only time I can recall it being important was during Mahabharat when it was known as Indraprastha.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Indraprastha and Hastinapur are both inside the boundaries of current Delhi.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

By the way, what is AAP's or Arvind Kejriwal's stand on Communal Violence Bill since now he intends to stand against Namo led BJP ?

Also I never heard any reaction from AAP when Pakis had killed our soldiers during various times this year.

How do they intend to deal against frequent chinese intrusions on our territory?

These are important questions that need to be asked to AAP spokespersons including Mr. Kejriwal himself.

P.S. But all this has to be done by BJP Leaders other than Namo. Social Media activists can also pitch in
Last edited by darshhan on 12 Dec 2013 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

If we want to move the capital, my vote goes to Ujjain.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

SBajwa wrote:Indraprastha and Hastinapur are both inside the boundaries of current Delhi.
Minor Correction. Hastinapur is near Meerut.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Can we please get this thread back on topic from the whole 'Shift the capital out of Dilli!' rona dhona ? As far as I'm concerned, I've no problem with them using their current offices. They don't deserve to spend any more money building up a new set of administrative offices on top of everything they already have.

Something like the Qutb Minar's whitewashed display blatantly ignoring the fact that it was an artifact of plunder is better off being redressed, with an appropriate message to visitors as to its exact history. Even a then clueless teenaged me realized something was off when everything around the QM complex looked like a temple and asked the ASI baba about it, and he asked me not to make such disruptive inferences.
Adrija
BRFite

Post by Adrija »

Well, this has been declared OT, so my last post on this topic
It is a matter of great humiliation for many to see their govt being housed in Buildings built by British
Hain? These buildings were built by Indian money, and Indian labour........India was under British rule then but that is neither here nor there.....I could equally well argue that the British chose Delhi as a the capital precisely because it "predated" them

I could have accepted a "similar" argument if Kolkatta was still the capital (given that it was founded purely and only by the British), but why Delhi hainji? Indraprastha and all that.... :(( :((

The importance of Delhi/ Agra is that it guards the entrance to "Aryavrat".....the heartland. Also, more prosaically, the Aryavrat area is also the Doab, pretty much the most fertile piece of agricultural land anywhere on earth, and hence the prime source of wealth in the pre-industrial age

Also, to archullah's point of Delhi being close to the China broder, pretty much all of India is already within range of the missiles, so no advantage there...we are all doomed ONLEE :(( :((

I agree with the dispersal argument BTW..........all our reconnaissance and defense establishments should be dispersed......would be surprised if these are not already so...
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Looks like we have Mahmud bin Tughaq to thank for coming up with the idea!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

^^ Suraj,

Seriously, some of the official folks think the people are and will remain sheep and never use their own brains.

Ergo a lot of the whining from "distinguished" "civil society" and "historical" types that the crass engg, medical, mba, military - basically all the other "non intellectual" types are now interfering in their elite field and writing stuff, finding out historical details on their own and coming to their own conclusions.

as if people would have done that, until and unless the lies were too blatant to stand.
Last edited by Karan M on 12 Dec 2013 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

The basic argument for retaining all these historical monuments which are used as working places, is economic even if people dislike the history they represent (until and unless the history is too odious, in which case retain it and mention the truth below so people know what it represents).

What would you prefer the money is spent on - better roads, sanitation, infra, education or health - or new swanky buildings for our elected representatives to park themselves in??
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Adrija wrote:I agree with the dispersal argument BTW..........all our reconnaissance and defense establishments should be dispersed......would be surprised if these are not already so...
Problem is for rapid development, you need labs etc to be beside good lines of connectivity and also linked to similar R&D/scientific clusters in public/pvt sector. Which is why labs in some areas have progressed rapidly and also developed the cities they are located within or besides.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

johnee wrote: Guys, we all know New Delhi is the capital of India. But not many of us know is that Ambedkar while taking over Hyderabad state had proposed Hyderabad as the second capital of India. This opens a debate. Should India have two capitals? If so why? If not why not? If so, which city could be the choice. Remember, the debate is not about moving the capital away from New Delhi, but using another city as the second capital. Lets start the debate.
johnee wrote: This is from wikipedia:
n 1955, Ambedkar is so impressed with amenities of Hyderabad that, he argued to make Hyderabad as second capital of India. He said "Hyderabad has all the amenities which Delhi has and it is a far better City than Delhi. It has all the grandeur which Delhi has. Buildings are going cheap and they are really beautiful buildings, far superior to those in Delhi. The only thing that is wanting is a Parliament House which the Government of India can easily build."
[15]
The question is , would the government in the second capital be autonomous or part of the govenment in delhi? and if it is under the part of the government then what is the division in power ratio like?
There wont be a separate Govt. There will be only one Govt which will shift from Delhi to second Capital and back to Delhi. Just one Govt, one PM, on HM, on DM...etc. Two capitals. Closer to people. Regional balance. No scope for anyone to create north-south faultlines, in terms of security: more balanced approach.
Decentralizing the union government from Delhi will disturb the fabric of India. Over a period, NCR has become a perfect Indian region with people of all origins residing. Delhi isn't quite a 'north Indian' place, it's Indian.

Moving the capital to and fro also polarizes India over a period of time, and creates two power centers. Although it's just the one government ruling from two different places, there's always the risk of factions being created in the government. Delhi and Hyderabad will always be at a conflict. This will eventually lead to division of the country.
I agree two power-centres will be created and obviously they will not agree all the time. But it will not lead to division, on the contrary it will lead to a balanced approach especially in regard to Pakistan. I feel, that in delhi circles, there is a certain nostalgia about it, and they frequently get fooled by Pakistan due to it. It will reduce, if a south-indian capital is also in place. Because south-indians have no nostalgia with regard to pakistan.
I have a question why only two? Why not more? This is simply ridiculous

Till now I was thinking we are one country
Nitesh, one country can have two capitals. Capital is just a place of governance. It does not denote entire country.
Couldn't understand even a bit about this . the people would be the same the how would you curb nostalgia? moreover many of our ministers are south indians , doesn't that automatically curb nostalgia?
Yep, that does curb nostalgia. But beureuacracy is still not out of it. If they change location, they can get out of such things. The main idea is that over a period of time beureaucracy develops some pattern of thinking due to their place of stay, this pattern need to be broken by bringing in fresh ideas. So one capital in north and one is south would serve the purpose. If the delhi were in east, we could have had a capital in west.
By this logic why can't it have more the two capitals.
We could. But it becomes extremely impractical unless we make them namesake capitals i.e. capital only in name but not in function. But if we want two capitals(not simulatneously) then two is the limit. The division of time could be every 6months or every two and half years.
No sir, Delhi doesn't have a nostalgia to Pakistan. On the contrary, Nizam was contemplating joining the Pakistan dominion (which lead India to invade and annexe Hyderabad). Besides, I don't see how 'nostalgia to Pakistan' has anything to do with the need for a power centre shift. South India is the country's most economically forward region. It isn't deprived of the centre's attention, so why a power center here?
Nizam did not have popular support, boss. I am a Telanganite and I can tell you proudly that "yes, the nizam wanted to join the pakistan and he sent razaqars after us to kill us. but we still stuck with India and defeated the nizam in joining Pakistan". Even today, Paks hope to get back Hyderabad. The other day Hafiz Sayeed mentioned two places, one Kashmir and the other Hyderabad. Making it a second capital nips such ideas in the bud. Secondly, since south india is country's most economically forward place, it needs a powercentre to be able to influence the policies. For eg: the rice prices offered by the Govt are much less than the rich prices offered for Wheat. Also, remember the UP farmers went to delhi and protested, it had an immediate effect on the policy change, whereas the farmers suiceds continue in AP and Maha. The recent Telangana problem has forced the AP politics to shift to delhi. The feeling here is that outside delhi is making policies while the leaders here are impotently watching. And this feeling is prevalent in both the pro-telangana and pro-united AP camps. There is dravidian politics in TN. All this can be balanced out with a south-indian capital(not necessarily Hyd).
Well sorry I am not getting what are you trying to convey here
Nitesh, many separatist use delhi as symbol and incite hate against it. This happens in Kashmir, NE and it happened in TN during dravidian politics. This danger is always present. Yes, rightnow everything looks beautiful, but when trouble starts things go haywire. This is especially true when there is a weak leadership. AP was till 3 months back doing extremely well, and now look at its position. To avoid such problems, we need to have checks and balances in place. Delhi is one corner of India and can be easily incited against. When the govt moves from one corner to the other regularly, it gives an impression that it belongs to everyone. Also, location of a place can have affect on the thinking pattern of beuracratic members as well, breaking that pattern is good thing otherwise lack of fresh ideas will make our policies stagnated. Our Pakistani policy is the best example, there is a lack of imagination in our policy. This is perhaps because beuareacrats have got used to one way of thinking. This is visible in many policies but its effects are well observed in pakistani policy. Two capitals can integrate india better, take away the delhi-strawman that separatists present and bring in fresh ideas, bring governance closer to all regions of the people.
Gentlemen why not have a supreme court bench in South India with the CJI residing alternatively in Delhi and Hyd.Having a separate capital in the sense is that bureacracy will be the saame but it will work in both areas
Good suggestion, mate. Positive contribution to the thread. I think we need to collectively use some imagination instead of fearing everything. well done.
No, you said 'same government, different location'. So bureaucracy doesn't change. It's the same people working from another location. Now having two sets of bureaucrats is too much of a burden.
tarunraju ↑
Yep, same beareaucrats will work in new environment with new people and hence any policy stagnation can change. The thinking pattern will over course of time become more balanced instead of only one way of thinking.
Johnee I respect you as a friend and member, but I think having 2 capitals is a mental idea. Why doesn't America have 2 capitals like one in the west and one in the east, or Russia even.
StealthSniper ↑
Mate, India always takes the best ideas and customises it to her needs. US was a free market and russia was state controlled one. We mixed both. We took our constitution from UK , US and incorporated some of our own. We are still a new country only 60 yrs old. We can get better by taking better models of governing our country instead of being stuck with what british did in our country. British used Delhi as the capital and we used the same after transfer of power. We did not think whether another capital was need or not. Ambedkar who wrote our constitution felt there was need for second capital and that capital would serve better if it is situated in south. He proposed Hyd. We not agree with his proposed city but his ideas cannot be rubbished as mental. They need to be studied deeply.
Tarun, nostalgia for Hyd exists within Pakistan. not vice versa. Nostalgia for Pakistan it seems to me exist in some powercircles of delhi. Get the subtle difference.

national capital is the best place to resolve inter-state problems and state capital is the best place to resolve intra state problems. When the state is run literally by the national capital that is far away, it invariably creates hatred.

When the capital is closer, dravidian politics cannot use 'far-away-delhi' strawman to rally its audience.
What russia has done, what US has done or what china has done is upto it. India needs its own solutions. we dont need to ape anyone. The regional difference of culture in India is more than in any country of this size.
I also don't agree with the (2 capital 1 bureaucracy) idea because when it comes to making quick decisions that can affect a billion people we need one clear voice that we can trust and having to confirm with the North and South on things might mean we will never agree on key issues. Also if we are attacked or need a reaction right away, we might not have a strong response in time. If the government takes the side of the South then their will be unrest in the North and it will be even worse if the South made a wrong decision. I think the government we have right now is not perfect (I agree) but I think that right now it's working and our economy is improving and I don't see what's wrong?
StealthSniper ↑
SS, there can only one beareucracy. So when decisions are made there will be no north-south disagreement. Only one PM will stay in delhi once and in hyd once. He will still make decisions. And his decisions will have the same authority.
Praveen, the feudal nature of politics in north is a myth. The politics is mostly feudal in UP and Bihar. The other places in north are more or less better. Its the leaders from UP and Bihar that are really the problem for India. So, many PMs have come from UP, that is another problem. PVN was from south and he changed many policies. We reap benefits of PVN's leadership today.
I am sorry mate but how come having two capitals can solve the problem of citing Delhi it is laughable to say at least I mean what will stop politician to start a stir that there state is not getting "capital" this will convert to an anarchy it's not a good idea to think in these lines
nitesh ↑
I agree there is that risk. Therefore the process needs to be done in wise manner. But delhi's remoteness is always going to be a problem. If not now in future. A second capital in Hyd would be best because of its location. It is cross-section of west, south and north. Maybe another similar city can be chosen if Hyd is not accepted. But having a second capital can really benefit India in many ways.
It's not a risk it is for sure shot why not every state have 2 capitals then uh why 2 only why not more uh why why stop here every street can be a capital why stop at street every home can be a capital you are trying to stir a hornet's nest this will never stop.
nitesh ↑
I agree, every state must have two capitals. Infact two capitals in a state would defeat many separate state movements. For eg: in bengal, the priniciple excuse for seperate state of bodoland is distance from capital.
By having two capitals, this can be defeated and the governance can be improved. But only big states need two capitals, not smaller states.
Sir not only movements are regional in nature; religious, tribal, caste, language movements exist too.
For eg division of Punjab into 3 states was a language issue.
Impending division of Andhra is a regional issue.
Singh ↑
Sure, but 2 capitals can atleast checkmate one kind of movements. Also one acts as trigger to the other. When a movement starts, it starts with some excuse then it uses all the difference including language, religion, or culture. 2 capitals can be effective checking many of them.

BTW, I didnt know the division of AP was impending. No need to reply to this, lest we go off-topic.
^^also singh, 2 capitals can bring governace closer to people both at a state level and national level.
Johnee you hadn't got me I am saying that once you start doing this it will not stop do you have any suggestion how to stop people demanding for more then 2 capitals
nitesh ↑
Nitesh, setting up two captials is much easier and simpler than creating new states. Yes, there will be demands, but there must be a proper mechanism to determine which place is suitable to be the second capital. There are always risked involved in every political decision, but if these risks deter us from taking any new decision, then it would lead to dangerous consequencies.
nitesh are you taking this thread sriously? i was just having some fun
thakur_ritesh ↑
Ritesh, never take any suggestion comically. At first it looks absurd and ridiculous. But as it grows in popularity, it becomes serious. The idea of Pakistan was also not taken seriously by populace until suddenly one day India was partitioned.
Link to another forum

One particular admin of that forum was from dilli and he was riled with the suggestion. He kept trolling in the thread and then finally locked it...even gave me a temporary ban. :P

----
Suraj saar,
didn't see your post. First and last on this topic.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Another set of Questions for Arvind Kejriwal led AAP which plans to participate in Lok Sabha elections.

1. How will AAP counter Paki orchestrated terror attacks on India if elected to power?
2. Will he dismantle special quotas for Christians and muslims in institutions run by them? In a college like st. stephens 50% enrollment is reserved for christians
3. Where does he stand on Uniform Civil Code? Does he subscribe to the theory that different religions need different rules ?
4. Where does he stand on cow slaughter?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Because if China and Pakistan did not illegally occupy our territory, it would be far enough. In that sense it is the heart
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The Chinese professor seems to have no idea how many times Beijing has been ransacked in the last 2000 years, and how many times they've shifted capitals as a result :) Heck, they even shifted capitals all the way south to Nanjing and elsewhere . The very names imply that: Bei-jing = North capital, Nan-jing = South capital.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I am thinking about the 3D model now.. it is getting the defintiions, where we can form a real borgish future.

but, if the regulation is fine, then it would lead to establish next generation society as infrastructure.

we will have new elites, and the old elites would become paled.. might get exinct as well.

kopitol is only naam ki vaste for locals.. where only regulatory bodies only take metrics and measurements, and even the distributed regulatory bodies will be so zonal and catering to area defence, launch systems to monitoring and integrated controls, net-centric federations to collect data, while super missions only be planned at the center.

amrikka will look at us then for piece meal jobs.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

X-Post..
sooraj wrote:Gujarat to generate energy from waste in 50 cities: Narendra Modi
http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... nt-gujarat
Congress can do one better with energy from hot air from their spokespersons!
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Shouldn't government and leftists and environmentalists singing praise of that scheme by NaMo.

There can't be a reason but could be many excuses.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Kumar Vishwas' website (http://www.kumarvishwas.com/bio.html) introduces him as a new age poet and Indian youth icon. It also claims that he has revived Hindi poetry. The website proudly declares "as a celebrated Hindi poet, he is well known across the world. :lol: He is credited with reviving Hindi poetry among young generation. A professor by profession, Dr Vishwas is also involved in writing Scripts, Lyrics and Stories for Indian Film Industry. He is the first performing poet of any language across the world, whose poems in his own voice, have been hosted as Caller-back tunes on all major telecom operators ofindia. Overall, Dr Kumar Vishwas is an iconic blend of a Performing Poet, an Author, a Social Communicator and a Motivator

As a performer, Dr Kumar Vishvas has travelled across the globe. His 'Koi Deewana Kehta Hai' and 'Hotho Par Ganga Ho, Hatho me Tiranga Ho' Solo concerts have practically changed the definition of Poetic performance. The time has seen the Kavi-Sammelan format changing from traditional set-up to a stylish state-of-the-art set-up, with accessories like Fancy Lightings, Spot-light, Music-support, Collar-mics and Projector-Screen displays"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/kumar-vishwa ... 37-64.html

clear directions to support AAP and target all existing parties
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cobrapost-ex ... 37-64.html
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

This guy is said to be right wing? Yeah sure, seems like another jholawallah. Would like to see similar standup on the rest of the faiths as well. Fairs fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0StYKzeLho
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

darshhan wrote:
Paul wrote:^^Beijing is close to Jaapan too.
yeh, but Japan is as pacifist as they come.
What?????????? C'mon please tell me you were joking.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

none of these older buildings like north/south block, ministry buildings , parliament house and esp the rashtrapati bhavan can be energy efficient, space efficient or easy to maintain...being built decades ago to house our former overlords in show and comfort, not run a busy country with twice of the population from then. even things like electronic surveillance cannot be controlled unlike a modern faraday caged building...and we have large antennas pointing all directions from the roof of certain embassies a KM away.

delhi can remain the capital, but ministers , MP, ex-leaders need to vacate the entire lutyens bungalow zone. build some high density rowhouses and 10 storey buildings for them.
convert these bungalows into paid heritage hotels for rich brits to wallow in (and hand us their money) , demolish some of them into thickly wooded parks and recreational areas and above all convert the rashtrapati bhavan into a self-sustaining museum...its sure to be on every tour itinerary just as the red fort or humayun tomb. its vast lawns can be improved and made into a lalbagh.

since our elites like to copy america, copy their good thing for once and make atleast half of lutyens delhi into a public area modelled on SF golden gate park.
http://sfrecpark.org/parks-open-spaces/ ... ark-guide/
give it metro connectivity from all sides and people will come and pay to enjoy it....the hordes of people camped around india gate at night for instance.
sumishi
BRFite

Post by sumishi »

<TiffinBreak>

The congi queen-bee madam Sonia,
She first had a bout of NaMonia. :cry:
  • She then lost her seats,
    To the hunkars and bleats,
Her allies now don't wanna Go Nea'. :((

</TiffinBreak>
Last edited by sumishi on 13 Dec 2013 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^+1 Lol! Godoone sumishi garu.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

xposted

Two companies that put Rs 28 crore in Tehelka linked to Jindal firm named in coal scam FIR

Two firms that together invested Rs 28.35 crore in Tarun Tejpal's holding company, Anant Media, which publishes Tehelka magazine, have links to a Jindal group company that is named in a CBI FIR in the coal blocks allotment scandal, an investigation by The Indian Express has found.

Records show that Enlightened Consultancy Services invested Rs 16.75 crore and Weldon Polymers Private Ltd Rs 11.60 crore in Anant Media. Both companies made the first two tranches of their investment on the same dates: June 20, 2008 and November 20, 2008. Both bought Rs-10 Anant Media shares at a premium of Rs 10,623. This effectively valued Anant Media at Rs 93.1 crore while its loss was Rs 21.06 crore.
An analysis of the share transactions (see box) involving Tehelka and these companies shows that between 2006 and 2010, through sale and purchase at regular intervals, Tehelka's management sold shares at a high premium, bought them back at nominal face value and then re-issued these same shares among these interlinked companies.
The Indian Express emailed a detailed questionnaire to Neena Tejpal, COO of Anant Media. She said she was not in a position to comment at this time. The questionnaire was also emailed to Shoma Chaudhury, Tehelka's former managing editor. She did not reply.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^So it begins, the brick by brick demolition of the filthy congi MSM. Let it be complete by the time Mr. Modi finishes his first few years in power.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Interesting, and that puts the roy's rants against TT in perspective.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

As expected...

Ordinance to amend Sec 377 likely after SC ruling
Leading the charge against an “archaic and repressive” law that criminalises gay sex, top Congress leaders, including Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, on Thursday came out strongly against a Supreme Court judgment upholding this law. Stirred into action, the government was contemplating an ordinance to reverse the verdict.
The ruling party’s clear stand also appeared to have caught the BJP off-guard with the opposition party refusing to make its view clear and instead, demanding an all-party meeting to ascertain if there was political unanimity on reversing the SC judgment. Issue gets political
This is amusing. They think they could win election by doing silly antics like this!
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

^^^Diversion tactics: to create a Liberal vs Conservative or Open minded vs Closed minded debate.

Whatever the kongis do, they do it for the media. Generally, this would be done at a much lower level. But, pappu and Antonio themselves doing this means they are very desperate and trying to salvage atleast something. Right now, they want to divert people's attention from the complete rout and abject failure of the dynasty as vote catchers. Dynasty is a liability on the kongis and kongis are a liability on the allies and sarkaar is a liability on the dhesh. So, dhesh should dump UPA, allies should dump kongis and kongis should dump dynasty.

I still hope and pray that this sarkaar falls within a week or 10 days.
Shree Maathre Namah. :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

does the vishnu taking the roop of mohini for a specific purpose or the ardhanarishwara depiction of shiva have anything to do with LGBT?

TOI thinks so and is busy purveying this trash today.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

johneeG wrote: I still hope and pray that this sarkaar falls within a week or 10 days.
Shree Maathre Namah. :)
BJP leadership feels that NaMo still needs some time to rally up people atleast in Karnataka, MH, UP and perhaps NE states.
Going to polls now will not benefit as much as going to polls 6 months from now. There is also a great chance of some big scam/scandal unearthing in the meanwhile against Congress misrule.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Saar, even if sarkar falls today, it'll take EC 3-4 months to organize a GE. So iuts not as if there's no time.

UPA falling early has advantages - CBI may hedge and not crawl when asked to bend by dynasty, for instance. Rats deserting the sinking ship show up and show the fact that the ship is sinking.

Those rushing assets abroad in order to try and flee also show up on multiple radar screens... maybe dynasty itself doesn;t have time enough to setoff major fires in the file-holding areas of north-south blocks and all perhaps...

best of all, an overly populist or bust type budget is avoided. So much good can come of the fact that the UPA falls early... which is precisely why it probably won't fall a day earlier than it can... :((