Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Altair
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Altair »

This actually helps Modi to concentrate fire on Congress and its B-teams alike. It puts Congress and AAP in same pool. I get a feeling this AAP is short range tactical missile onlee and not a long range strategic one.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

True. AAP's first foray outside Delhi into Modi's domain should help him brand them as co-conspirators. If Modi is able wrap AAP into his congress narrative he should be able to defeat both for the same effort.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

pankajs wrote:AAP takes on Modi, to contest all 26 LS seats in Gujarat
Riding high on its incredible success in the Delhi Assembly polls, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has now decided to take the battle to Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's home turf.

The party has decided to contest from all the 26 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state in the upcoming General Elections.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aam- ... 31255.html
I think this will help BJP to win every seat in Gujarat 26-0
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

RajeshA wrote:If I may ask, how is his fan base being used as an engine for the betterment of the nation or West Bengal? It is a resource that is dormant, just lying around. Same with Rajnikanth in Tamil Nadu.
Same is true for many other people whom general public look upto, my comment was made keeping Sourav's interests in mind he can very well serve the people/country without having to don any political affiliations publicly. I would say the same for Sachin or any other people's hero. Donning political affiliations publicly, divides the base you could have reached if you weren't doing that.

For the record I don't count bollywood/tollywood/lollywood/pottywood jackasses as people's hero. I think you can now understand what I mean by that term.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

(P)AAP is day dreaming imagining that it is engaged in some kind of David vs Goliath fight :roll:
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

http://www.aamaadmiparty.org/sites/defa ... 0Singh.pdf

If I were DVS or Chidu or Kapil, I would promptly lie and say the unconditional offer stands. And if I were RNS I would reply to Kejriwal's letter that you can do all that is legal and moral but you would be on your own if you try anything illegal or immoral.

Anyhow what this dumb motor mouth AK-47 fails to realize is that the public will see all his circus as a ploy to enforce Governer's rule and in case this joker actually gets to fool even more people and ends up winning Delhi Assembly Re-elections later on he would still be asked to fulfil his promises. Between the devil and the deep sea.

The hacks at washington would never have thought that they may have to actually run a government in Delhi :D. How do a people known for felling governments actually go around running one.

On the motor mouth's letter :

I read the AK-47 point #5 on electricity rates. Seems like he has lost is bravado. Meanders around with words like 'suspicion arose in public that there is a scam brewing' and 'Special Audit results will be shown to the public and based on that the reduction in electricity rates will be done'. This animal at the end of the leash is trying to wriggle out of the noose being designed for him.

On the water issue #7 he mentiones '220 litres of water per head based on Delhi Government claims'. A clear injection of the idea that if 700 liter was false then it is because Delhi Government is lying. Man this is a laugh riot. :rotfl:

Pitfalls :
The motor mouth got his votes from new delhi and central delhi areas. But #8-Unauthorised colonies and #9-Jhuggi bastis and #10-Contract labour suggest he is gunning for more support in case the educated public gets to understand his drama in next 1 month.

#11-Trader community is pareshan and #12-Against FDI in retail are directed at BJP supporters. Man this guy is desperate.

I am laughing and cannot go on like this. But you hindi proficient ones should read his letter.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Liquid Oxygen situation:
28 seats usey marne nahi dega..Election promises usey jeene nahi dega...Robert!
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

AAP fighting against Modi ?
Half of AAPtards will abandon the Hazrat's ship if he tries anything like this.

Jab gidarh kii mout aati hai to wo shehar ki taraf bhagta hai. :mrgreen:
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

jamwal saar, but will this really happen? I mean will AAP cadre (volunteers) will leave them just because they are against modi. He has made it's intention quite clear, but at least no overt movement is seen.

Added later: There are news floating around that these guys will fight in Gujarat too, and in Hindustan times poll, people are still not getting a feel that these guys are running against their responsibility of forming government
http://www.hindustantimes.com/htpoll/Op ... px?opx=275
Last edited by Nitesh on 14 Dec 2013 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Congress goes buying reporters in Chhattisgarh, offers ours Rs 25,000

After the Congress rout in Assembly polls in the four heartland states, party vice-president Rahul Gandhi spoke about reforming the party in ways that cannot be imagined.

He could well start his mission from Chhattisgarh. During the election campaign as well as in the days before votes were counted and results declared, the state unit of the Congress offered cash "gifts" ranging from Rs 5,000 to Rs 50,000 to about 100 journalists based in Raipur saying it was from the "party election fund".

The Indian Express reporter was among those offered the cash, on December 6, two days before the results.

The novel, if not unprecedented, move was not a clandestine operation but one that was apparently fully approved by the party.

It was handled by a new media cell set up just before the elections to "manage journalists", at a time the media, the Election Commission and political parties have been grappling with the problem of paid news.

The cell, headed by state Congress general secretary and ex-MLA Ramesh Warlyani, made a list of Raipur-based journalists and earmarked amounts for each of them. Warlyani, who is said to be close to AICC treasurer Moti Lal Vora, is believed to have got funds from the party and offered it to the journalists.

The list, a copy of which is with The Indian Express, has names of about 100 journalists, cameramen, photographers of almost all newspapers, TV channels and news agencies, Hindi and English, regional and national, operating in Raipur.

The six-page list has Warlyani's signature on each page. It also mentions an amount against each name — Rs 15,000, Rs 25,000 and Rs 50,000 for reporters and Rs 5,000 for cameramen — and totals it to Rs 20 lakh. Warlyani's signature appears just below the total amount.

The Indian Express reporter figures in the list under the heading "national press".

Warlyani called this reporter on December 6 to discuss the electoral situation and fixed a meeting at the Coffee House where he offered a "gift" on behalf of the "Congress election fund". This reporter refused and walked out. He later met Warlyani at his office and took serious objection to his offer.

Warlyani apologised and said, "I did not intend to hurt your sentiments. I apologise."

The Indian Express, after securing a copy of the list, sought the comments of state Congress chief Charan Das Mahant and the AICC leader in charge of the state, B K Hariprasad. They refused to speak on the subject on record.

Subsequently though, Warlyani denied offering money to any journalist or preparing any list.

Warlyani, incidentally, is on the board of directors of State Bank of India as a member of the local board (Bhopal region). He is also the vice-chairperson of the National Council of Promotion of Sindhi Language, a premier institution to promote Sindhi literature under the HRD ministry.

Some other journalists who were offered money were also outraged. While they had rejected the gift, the Congress leaders withdrew the money and claimed the journalists had been paid, they alleged.

Even in the case of The Indian Express, the list mentioned Rs 50,000 against the name of the reporter but the reporter was offered Rs 25,000.

"Our reporters did not take any money, but we have learnt that the leader concerned has withdrawn the amount from the Congress fund," said Sunil Kumar, the editor of evening newspaper Chhattisgarh. "I have complained to senior leaders and asked them to probe the matter. I've received similar complaints from other newspapers also."

"Even in the 2008 elections, there were reports that money was withdrawn from the Congress fund for journalists. Many of them had refused, but they later learnt that their names were still mentioned in the party accounts and the money was shown as paid to them," Kumar said.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Nitesh wrote:jamwal saar, but will this really happen? I mean will AAP cadre (volunteers) will leave them just because they are against modi. He has made it's intention quite clear, but at least no overt movement is seen.

Added later: There are news floating around that these guys will fight in Gujarat too, and in Hindustan times poll, people are still not getting a feel that these guys are running against their responsibility of forming government
http://www.hindustantimes.com/htpoll/Op ... px?opx=275
Online poll does not reflect the ordinary voters who make all the difference at the voting booth.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

pankajs wrote:Online poll does not reflect the ordinary voters who make all the difference at the voting booth.
pankaj boss, my question was related to the volunteers who will fetch the vote for this gang, they are voters too, and if they are not deserting this gang, then they will play a part in influencing the voters
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Nitesh wrote:pankaj boss, my question was related to the volunteers who will fetch the vote for this gang, they are voters too, and if they are not deserting this gang, then they will play a part in influencing the voters
Volunteers votes are a very tiny subset so they themselves will not be able to pull off a victory for AAP or even make a major dent. Even in a city like Delhi AAP had to import volunteers.

Non volunteers, as you have rightly pointed out, will partly be influenced by volunteers but will also be seeing the drama being played out on TV and will be influenced by all kinds of CT floating around in their neighborhood. In these uncertain time and having been thoroughly confused by all the noise around them and having seen no benefits of voting for AAP will likely search for a more firmer ground.

JMT
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Most AAP supporters I know will vote for Modi in Lok Sabha elections.
AAP rode on an anti-congress wave in Delhi. BJP did lose some of the votes, but Congress lost much more. It's impossible for AAP cut so many votes in Gujarat. For that matter they can't do it in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and a most other states. Only place where they have a good chance is in UP, where they can hurt Congress and regional goons like SP, BSP. I expect the politics in UP to be highly polarised after recent riots. BJP may benefit a bit.

Kejriwal has yet to declare Modi has his chief opponent. If he is foolish enough to do so, there'll be backlash against AAP not just in Delhi. If BJP manages to enlist people like General V.K.Singh, Kiran Bedi or even Anna Hazaare, it'll be a major blow to AAPtards.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

they are coming to Gujarat

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aam- ... 31255.html

hope they take away Congress votes, and help in increasing BJP tally
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rahul Gandhi appeals to political parties to pass Lok Pal bill
It was Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi who took centrestage today to showcase the Congress and the UPA government’s “serious intent” in getting the anti- corruption legislation the Lok Pal bill passed in Parliament and appealed to all political parties in “national interest” to support the bill. The Opposition BJP had gone all out to accuse the government of indulging in a “fixed match” with the Samajwadi Party which has been opposing the bill in Parliament. Anna Hazare’s ongoing fast demanding a Jan Lokpal bill and the advent of the Aam Aadmi Party on an anti- corruption plank, say observers, has obviously pressurized the government into pushing the Lokpal bill on “urgency” mode. In the runup to 2014, the Congress is desperate to get the Lokpal bill through. The bill will be taken up by the Rajya Sabha on Monday.

Flanked by Finance minister P Chidambaram, Law Minister Kapil Sibal and Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy, Gandhi presented the perfect picture of the government and the party being on the same page; the gulf between the two had been cited as major factor leading to its recent electoral debacle in four states.

Gandhi dismissed suggestions that the present circumstances had forced the government hand, instead stating that the Lokpal bill was but “one important tool” in the “overall framework to fight corruption” and the UPA had already made a beginning by enacting the Right to Information RTI earlier.
Now this is interesting from Lok Sabha election politics.

AAP want's its own version to be passed. If it is held up in the parliament AAP get the opportunity to paints BJP and CON as not only corrupt but also uninterested in doing anything about it. Huge advantage to Farzilal and his single issue party in election. If AAP's version is passed, Farzilal become the de-facto PM of India for Life without elections. I am exaggerating of course but you get the drift. It is a win-win for Farzilal.

If parliament manages to pass lokpal bill in any form both CON and BJP will at least be able to challenge the narrative of AAP on corruption but it will still be slight advantage AAP.

Anna going on fast unto death seems to have forced the parliament on lokpal. If the current Lokpal bill has Anna's blessings and is passed, that would be a blow to AAP. The credit for forcing the parliament to act will go to Anna and the credit for passing it will go to both CON and BJP. Attack on the bill will be attack on Anna (A Gandhian, a grandfather like figure, a simple apolitical person, fast ke rajniti, tyag ki rajneeti, etc). That is why all the effort by AAP to persuade Anna to back off failing which they wanted to join his fast, etc. It is a development not to the liking of this single issue party.

Now Sahzada has been pitched front and center to take the credit when this bill is passed next week. Interesting week in politics this past week.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

pankajs wrote:Now Anna goes on fast unto death on the issue and seems to have forced the parliament on lokpal. If the current Lokpal bill has Anna's blessings and is passed, that would be a blow to AAP. The credit for forcing the parliament to act will go to Anna and the credit for passing it will go to both CON and BJP. Attack on the bill will be attack on Anna (A Gandhian, a grandfather like figure, a simple apolitical person, fast ke rajniti, tyag ki rajneeti, etc). That is way all the effort by AAP to persuade Anna to back off, etc. It is a development not to the liking of this single issue party.
I am hoping for two developments:

1) Congress & BJP pass Lokpal in Parliament.
2) AAP decides not to form govt. in Delhi.

Basically it would end AAP - protest party without an issue, unwilling to take the responsibility of governing when offered!

Massacre on all fronts!
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

We should be careful. In Rahul ghandy's press conference it was made clear that CBI director will continue to be appointed by Govt.

After BJP and Congress pass the Lokpal bill together, the media will give a lot of space to Kejriwal to point out defects and paint them with the same brush.

There are deeper games afoot and the goal is to stop NaMo.

What BJP should do if it wants to take wind out from Kejriwal's sails is to argue for a stronger Lokpal.

But they are not doing that.

Could be a trap.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Agree with RajeshA saar, this will be death blow to AAP.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I think whoever persuaded Anna knew exactly what he was doing. The timing is perfect to pull the rug from under AAP on lokpal.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

pankajs wrote:I think whoever persuaded Anna knew exactly what he was doing. The timing is perfect to pull the rug from under AAP on lokpal.
Pls see previous post, could be a trap for BJP and ploy to boost AAP. Media is complicit. The bill being passed has defects and media will give plenty of space to Kejriwal to trash both BJP and Congress. The deeper game is to stop NaMo and the BJP could be walking into the trap.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Pranav wrote:
pankajs wrote:I think whoever persuaded Anna knew exactly what he was doing. The timing is perfect to pull the rug from under AAP on lokpal.
Pls see previous post, could be a trap for BJP and ploy to boost AAP. Media is complicit. The bill being passed has defects and media will give plenty of space to Kejriwal to trash both BJP and Congress. The deeper game is to stop NaMo and the BJP could be walking into the trap.
BJP has made clear it wanted 4 changes in the Lokpal Bill. That means they are not satisfied with its current form.

The whole push to get it passed and thus BJP's offer to pass it even without discussion, is indeed based on similar consideration as Anna Hazare and his movement, as Kiran Bedi explained, that at least we should move with some version, and then over time strengthen it.

So both Anna's Movement as well as BJP are of the view that it is imperfect.

It would be difficult for Arvind Kejriwal to formulate it as a sell-out! He is projecting it as "My way or No way"! Not workable!

In fact it is good for BJP that the CBI director is appointed by Government only, as they would be forming the government soon.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Pranav wrote:Could be a trap.
You could be right that is why Anna's ongoing fast unto death becomes important. Anna's approval of the present lokpal is the shield that both BJP and CON are going to use.

Also note 2 other points.

1. Gen VK Singh and BJP have already branded Farzilal as one who back-stabbed his guru. That line will continue to be used for offensive defense against AAP and farzilal.
2. Gen VK Singh wanted to get the initial version out and then fight to make it better. He even gave the example of constitutional amendments to make this point. I guess this is the line that will be put out by both Anna and BJP.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

शिर: शार्वं स्वर्गात् पतति शिरसः तत् क्षितिधरं
महीधात् उत्तुङ्गा दवनिमवनेः चापि जलधिम्।
अधोऽधो गङ्गेयं पदं उपगता स्तोकं अथवा
विवेकभ्रष्टानां च भवति विनिपातः शतमुखः
- भर्तृहरी नीतीशतक ।

This Ganga river descends with all her might and pride from her heavenly abode on to the head of Shiva. Then she continues her descent having lost her pride on to tallest mountains on earth. Then she continues falling down to plains and finally vanishes into sea. One who has lost his sense of "Viveka" falls from original high-ground and similarly descends into nothingness divided in hundred streams.

Kejriwal is now beginning to fit this description.

My pranam to bhartrihari - what a man.
Last edited by Atri on 14 Dec 2013 20:59, edited 2 times in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Hazare satisfied with draft Lokpal Bill, to call off strike after RS passage
Welcoming the amended Lokpal Bill tabled in the Rajya Sabha, anti-graft activist Anna Hazare announced on Saturday that he would call off his hunger strike after the bill was passed.

People know who has fought for Lokpal, Hazare said, adding the Congress was not aware of his struggle for the RTI, a key legislation to fight corruption.

Minutes after Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi came out strongly in support of the bill at a press conference in Delhi, Hazare said most of his demands were satisfied.

Hazare, whose indefinite fast at Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra entered the fifth day, has spearheaded the movement for the Lokpal Bill. Passed by the Lok Sabha, the bill is now under the consideration of the Upper House of Parliament.

Hazare’s supporters have already started celebrations after Gandhi's press conference, where the Congress leader requested all parties to support the bill.

Hazare said his main contentions were the inclusion of Prime Minister, and Grade 2 and 3 officers, CBI control and the constitution of Lokpal.

All these issues have been addressed properly, the anti-corruption crusader said. He, however, did not miss out on the opportunity to take a dig at Gandhi.

Commenting on his claim that the Congress brought RTI, Hazare said, “Rahul Gandhi is not aware of my struggle for RTI. I had fought for RTI for eight years before the central government introduced it in 2005. I have written a book on the subject and will send a copy to him.”

Hazare also distanced himself from the Aam Aadmi Party, which has threatened to launch a separate agitation if the bill was diluted. “It is a political party now and can take independent decisions.”
AAP's agitation, if it proceeds, will be a political agitation without Anna now that it is a political party.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

I don't particularly like posting tw.e.e,ts but here is one that caught my eye

Results for #SandDix
Top / All / People you follow
Ð♄@η@ṧ♄ґḯ Ḱʊłкαґηḯ ‏@DhanushKool 16m

Major expose on #AAP coming up... so stay tuned...
Hint*** : Recorded talks between #Kejri N #SandDix
:D . ..

Followed by Narendra Modi and 1 other

#SandDix has only one tweee and it is this one.

Probably we will get the explanation as to why the Congress Hi comman and Congress Delhi were not particularly coordinated and what role Kejri has in this.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Ð♄@η@ṧ♄ґḯ Ḱʊłкαґηḯ ‏@DhanushKool 42m

Breaking: @ArvindKejriwal has offered 25 crore rupees to any Cong/BJP MLAs joining AAP... any1 want proof? m ready to give it....
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kejriwal questions Anna for supporting Lokpal Bill in its current form
New Delhi: A parallel war erupted between the Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal and anti-corrution crusader Anna Hazare on how effective the new Lokpal Bill is.

Kejriwal in his tweet questioned that how could Anna Hazare support the Lokpal Bill in its current form.

"I am really surprised, how can Anna accept the sarkari Lokpal Bill? Sarkari Lokpal is a 'jokepal'," Kejriwal tweeted.

<snip>

"Time has come to move (ahead) with the present draft of Lokpal Bill and get it passed. Improvements can be made later through amendments once it becomes a Constitutional reality," Hazare told as his indefinite fast for a citizen's ombudsman entered the fifth day on Saturday.

Interestingly, both the principle political parties the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have also come out strongly in passing the Lokpal Bill in its current form, but the AAP is still expressing its reluctance.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Hope Lokpal Bill is passed in Parliament: Kiran Bedi
Bedi also hit out at AAP convenor Arvind Kejriwal saying that he was trying to mislead people and insisted it was a good Bill.

"It's not a jokepal (as said by Kejriwal). People who are saying its a joke pal are misleading people. They don't want the Bill to be passed, this is a good Bill," she said.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

It is becoming more and more clear now that
1. Khujli used Anna and back stabbed him, last week's statements be Anna were only a formality to wish Khujli. Anna is now trying to u do th damage that he may have caused supporting Khuji unknowingly.
2. Anna is p'oed at Khujli for hijacking the Lokpal and a possible late realization (last year) that Khujli is a foreign agent
3. The current developments suggest Khujli is the B team of Outside forces inimical to India and media is being pumped money to project them in good light. The outside forces are hedging their bets as they do not want NM to come up with a super majority. The Khujli followers are useful idiots in the game. During the 2011 agitation even people like Deva Gowda and Karunanidhi held placards saying "stop corruption"
Today if I have to elect either AAP or Congis I will chose the congis.
The correct approach now for India is pass the Lok pal and box Khujli in Delhi and make him fail and expose his foreign connections
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

krishnan wrote:
Ð♄@η@ṧ♄ґḯ Ḱʊłкαґηḯ ‏@DhanushKool 42m

Breaking: @ArvindKejriwal has offered 25 crore rupees to any Cong/BJP MLAs joining AAP... any1 want proof? m ready to give it....
Guess I read too much into this guy's message. But is he one of us. Dharmicfundmentalist is also on the list of followers?

VV - yes I know garu that's you. I am also following you and Marten ji, JJamwal and kalchiron. But let's see if some taps about Sandeep Dixit and Kejriwal come along in time.
Last edited by member_20317 on 14 Dec 2013 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ravi_g wrote:Guess I read too much into this guy's message. But is he one of us. Dharmicfundmentalist is also on the list of followers?
That would be me! :)

During Patna blasts he/she was making some informative tweets.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Need to brand Farzilal as Jhakpal on Social media in response to his jokepal comments
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

pankajs wrote:Need to brand Farzilal as Jhakpal on Social media in response to his jokepal comments
Good One!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

jamwal wrote:Most AAP supporters I know will vote for Modi in Lok Sabha elections.
AAP rode on an anti-congress wave in Delhi. BJP did lose some of the votes, but Congress lost much more. It's impossible for AAP cut so many votes in Gujarat. For that matter they can't do it in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and a most other states. Only place where they have a good chance is in UP, where they can hurt Congress and regional goons like SP, BSP. I expect the politics in UP to be highly polarised after recent riots. BJP may benefit a bit.

Kejriwal has yet to declare Modi has his chief opponent. If he is foolish enough to do so, there'll be backlash against AAP not just in Delhi. If BJP manages to enlist people like General V.K.Singh, Kiran Bedi or even Anna Hazaare, it'll be a major blow to AAPtards.
AAP voters are:
(1) staunch congress voters (20%)
(2) even though I hate congress , I have to nuke BJP because it is anti-modern and anti-western and the idiots sport tilak on the forehead and sing a boring Vandmataram and on top of that they keep saying Bharat Mata Ki Ji. They oppose valantines day, pub culture and have to be hated. (50%)
(3) A very miniscule/extremely meagre independent thinkers who think this one can actually remove corruption from the face of India (10%) [In this one falls some who would vote to BJP in the absence of AAP]
(4) Those folks who thinks India starts from one end of their street to other end of the street and rest is all foreign (20%)

(1) and (2) means division of congress votes. This will kill congress and help BJP and anti-congress parties if AAP is a significant player. Advantage BJP.
(3) and (4) are real swing and they can go to any party other than congress. This is insignificant where congress is competitor and not yielding to AAP like they did in Delhi. Effective usage of Modi and good BJP candidates can dent this even though it is insignificant. BJP has to makes a measured approach. It can't be penny wise and pound foolish. For example not getting Yeddi in fearing AAP in two Bangalore seats.

In my view AK's AAP is a Manchurian gone wrong for congress. The move AAP grows, Congress will end up either helping BJP to win or completely yielding itself to AAP in the name of defeating BJP. This will not work beyond NCR region.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

In my view AK's AAP is a Manchurian gone wrong for congress. The move AAP grows, Congress will end up either helping BJP to win or completely yielding itself to AAP in the name of defeating BJP. This will not work beyond NCR region.
My spider sense also suggests that.

From a different perspective I spoke to two AAP walas and one day they feel like Anna ji is with them and they rejoice like they caught hold of MKG. The other day Anna ji rejects them and they become so downbeat speaking things like - Anna ji ka sir fir gaya hai. Anna ji wants to be MKG.

Last time Nehru got the better of MKG and exploited a man who already was susceptible to getting conflicted. This time Gen. and Policewali have ring fenced the new MKG well and AK-47 can do nothing. This is what gets their goats and that is where I harass them the most.

Your classifications seem good from my own anecdotal evidence.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

chaanakya wrote:Letter of AK to SG of INC http://www.aamaadmiparty.org/sites/defa ... Gandhi.pdf
For those who cant read Hindi (or don’t want to dig into the letter by AK) here is a gist of the letter to Sonia Gandhi:

Tere’s a starting comment about how parties like Congress and BJP are corrupt and therefore caused the birth of AAP. AT the end, he mentions 18 key issues and at the end of EVERY single issue, he asks: “IS the congress party ready to give total support to this specific issue. He even adds: state your position clearly. No golmaal (the word is used), and no ‘in-principle’ support. Support must be total. Some paraphrasing done below....letter is quite long for an exact translation.

Issue no. 1: End of VIP culture in Delhi- No leader or minister or officer in Delhi govt. will have a red light on his car. And no special security. Some ‘parshad funds’ go directly to the mohalla (locaility).

No. 2: Jan Lokpal Bill: We want to pass the Lokpal bill and implement (?) it. Note that 15 years of congress rule and 7 years of BJP rule will be investigated for scams. If you support the bill, then if any of your party members get caught, you cannot try assist them/water down the issue.

Issue no. 3: ‘Swarajya in Delhi’: Freedom for localities/colonies/gallis in Delhi to make their own decisions and the govt. must agree

Issue no. 4: Delhi have parity in status with other states, reduction/elimination of Central govt. control over DDA and police.

No. 5: Audit of Electriity companies: Audit electricity companies for ‘ghotala’ …..revoke licenses for those companies that resist the audit.

No. 6: Investigate electricity companies for over-charging customers by setting the meters to run faster.

No. 7: Getting water to residences in Delhi:[ …long note on this….last line is]: AAP wants to give free water upto 700 liters. Anyone using more than that will have to pay for the entire water.

No. 8 Regularizing un-authorized colonies: Delhi has 30% of its colonies that are un-authorized and un-regulated. Past Cong. Govts have done nohting for them. We need to get them under regulation and provide required critical facilites…..(paraphrasing here).

No. 9: Slums in Delhi (jhuggi-bastiyaan): [long one…paraphrasing here]: one third of Delhi lives in slums. These people have no basic facilities…..et.c. …etc. [Last line]: AAP wants that all these residents be gven pukka homes (constructed houses) o easy terms and till such time they do not have that, do not destroy the slums and provide clean facilities (toilets)

No. 10:Something about regulated workers (doctors, nurses and other workers)….

No. 11: Trade and employment: Honest traders are at the mercy of govt. officials and inspectors and have to bribe them. VAT laws are complex and can be mis-used (paraphrasing here). We want to create an honest enviroment for honest traders so that they can conduct their business. [ …..there’s something equall inane about emplyoment]

No 12: AAP Is against bringing FDI (Foreign Direct Invesemtn) into Retail.

No. 13: (About) Villages in Delhi : There are 360 villages in and around Delhi that do farming. They need help and we should provide the same subsidies to them that are given to farmers in other states. No land can be taken away from these villages without approval from the gram-sabha. Basic facilities like hospital, bus service, staduim (!) should be provided. (Exclamation is mine).

No. 14: Education- Long para…..at the end: AAP plans to open more than 500 new schools.. We need to improve the standard of govt. schools over and above private schools and also eliminate the system of donation.

NO. 15: Health: There is a shortage of hospitals in Delhi. AAP will start new hospitals and its standard will be better than private hospitals.

NO. 16: Women’s safety: [This is short paragraph- mentioned in full]: A new women’s security force be created. Also, we should create new courts and add new judges such that all cases are tried within 3 to 6 months, with the punishment being most rigorous.

No. 17: Judiciary : [This is also a short para-mentioned in full]: Open new courts and appoint new judges such that all cases are tried within 6 months to 1 year. Corruption should also be tackled strongly.

No. 18: Support from Cental Govt.: AAP needs support from Central govt. for the above issues. AAP wants to know if your support will be limited to 8 MLAs in the Vidhan Sabha or will you also put pressure on the central govt. to support the citizens of Delhi.

Note: Some of the above are paraphrased. The translation is approximate.
After every issue is mentioned the question is asked: Will Congress support this issue whole-heartedly.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/video/pro- ... 31300.html

AK-47 coming down south - Bangalore and Hyderabad.