Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

LakshO
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by LakshO »

SagarAg wrote:
My response http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 3#p1558273
Why am I unable to infiltrate this dhaga. Dhaga out of bound onlee. :((
Me neither :( Is the above thread only for higher authorities (like BR admins) :?:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

SaiK wrote:can aap pass bills without bjp or kangrez support?
they will come up with bills that dont make sense and when bjp/congress oppose , AAP will blame them
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

fanne wrote:Today in Varanasi, met many yadavs at chaupal (did not attend the rally). All of them are for Modi for LS, even if they are for SP for assembly.
Seems to be the case in Bihar too. The only wave rivaling the Modi wave is desh mein Modi pradesh mein Nitish. The revival of law and order, infrastructure and social schemes that actually pay on time seems to have earned Nitish some supporters who would not want to rock the boat. Lalu seems to be all but finished, inside jail or outside.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

SaiK wrote:can aap pass bills without bjp or kangrez support?
They can absent themselves instead of supporting any stupid bills and citicize in public. But out of 18 , as rightly pointed out in Congi letters, 16 don't need legislation. They are mostly administrative and regulatory action. MHA will have to be kept in picture and therein lies the rub.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Any text of his latest speech?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

LakshO wrote:
SagarAg wrote:
My response http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 3#p1558273
Why am I unable to infiltrate this dhaga. Dhaga out of bound onlee. :((
Me neither :( Is the above thread only for higher authorities (like BR admins) :?:
The thread is the "off-topic Thread" but points to posts which have been trashed and are thus not visible any more to non-admin posters.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

vivek.rao wrote:How many Lok Sabha seats can the BJP wrest in the important state of UP?

In UP there is a Modi impact, but not a Modi wave. From 10, the BJP might get 25, 30 seats.
Good if this is the effect of "Modi impact" then I am willing to wait for the "Modi wave" even if it comes at 2019.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

i'm not willing to wait till 2019... we need much more catastrophic sudden change to replace kangrez.. just like aap screwed their dixit gang.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

VikramS wrote:It seems AK will keep himself free to cause chaos in LS while installing Manish Shishodia as CM.
That is actually good. Now BJP will go around asking questions and people will see what AK-47 replies.

See at the end of the day the whole of AAP is just a set up. So it is immaterial who amongst AAP becomes CM. AAP is just a rubber stamp and these jokers will be paying for the Congress help for the next 5 years. But by the end of 6 months Dilliwala will grow wiser. And in the next campaign this will work as the DPT ka teeka (booster dose).

I have been reading about the 50% bijili rate. Apparently it all started from one man in DERC claiming that Distribution companies are making profits to the tune of Rs. 300 Crore and that implies that they are overcharging the public so this much amount should not be reduced in the billing. The base amount involved is for 35 lac electricity connections with bijli rates in the vicinity of Rs. 5 per unit. Make a guesstimate of the bijli units consumption and you will know how much the subsidy bill will be. The Delhi govt budgeted inflows were about Rs. 30000 Crores. The planned outflows were something like 37000 Crores. (2013-14 budget).

The fun has just started. We will likely have a central government lead by BJP and the crazy bunch that supported AAP will end up looking like a fool. The really sullen people will be the ones who used to say BJP == Congress. Inka munh dekhne layak hoga.

The 700 liter per family per day is even more hilarious. They want to stop tanker supply but there are no pipes laid in 1/2 of delhi or the pipes do not have any pressure in the supply.

This is what happens when people do not take accountability skills. Promises have a way of coming back to seek fulfillment.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sagar G wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:How many Lok Sabha seats can the BJP wrest in the important state of UP?

In UP there is a Modi impact, but not a Modi wave. From 10, the BJP might get 25, 30 seats.
Good if this is the effect of "Modi impact" then I am willing to wait for the "Modi wave" even if it comes at 2019.
From the Hindu perspective this could actually be a blessiing in disguise. If after all the efforts the Congress and its B-Teams are able to muddy the waters and prevent BJP from leading its coalition then this again will get seen by people as a betrayal. And the UP+Bihar must be made to come back to BJP. An inimical government and population in these parts will hurt the Hindus in the longer run.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Modi buzz in Muslim areas of Kashi too since y'day.... whether in support or in opposition is a different issue...

member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^Translation please
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Hari Seldon wrote:Modi buzz in Muslim areas of Kashi too since y'day.... whether in support or in opposition is a different issue...

Headline - In muslim areas it's Modi only.

Body - For or against, in the muslim areas Modi was discussed from dawn to dusk. Few people said there are no parallels to the way Modi has given thrust to development in Gujarat. He should be allowed to become PM as well for once. People gave the example of ABV that how he was projected as a hardliner amongst muslims and it was said that muslims will find themselves in peril if he comes to power. But during his rule the bus service to pottystan was started. They also complained that politicians never allowed the public to know the truth. They have always been used as a vote bank. Few people where whining about Gujarat riots and Modi's hardliner personality. But they couldn't excuse themselves from agreeing about the overall development in Gujarat. Even amongst women's Modi is a hot topic of discussion. Till Modi's rally was going on even in muslim areas people were stuck infront of TV to listen to his speech.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

VikramS wrote:Boss. paying maids Indian salary is the norm.

The diplomats get paid a stipend (a few thousand dollars a month) apart from the lodging. They are in no position to pay full US salaries.

In cities like NYC the consulars have a LOT of after hours events to take care of. So needing a maid to run the house is the norm. Many of them actually stay in one apartment complex so that they can help each other out (the consular staff). The diplomats like to live in better housing (I am talking 2-3BR apartments) where they can occasionally entertain.

The problem is that the MEA does not hire the maids as a part of the consular package. They have to be hired independently by each employee. And that is where the problem starts. Since there visa is under US laws they have to pay the required salary on paper while there is no way they can.

OTOH if you count the benefits, boarding & lodging in Manhattan, 1 RT to India, free zero deductible health insurance the actual cash value of the benefit to the maid is well *above* what the minimum wage would be.

The problem with this maid started when she wanted to moonlight in her free time and the officer told her that the visa did not permit her. Then the usual rounds of church orgs and mediators who "swooped in to rescue the bonded labor from the evil Yindoo who treated her like a slave", only to find out that the alleged tormentor is a dalit herself.
Just because it is the norm, doesn't make it right. If she cannot afford to pay US salary's then she should not have a maid. Its as simple as that. Or if she really requires one, the system should provide her with one. You cannot live in another country and follow your own laws. If her benefits exceed the minimum wage, it shouldn't be an issue because this can be put on paper and proven in court. The problem is, indians underpaying their own puts indians in general at a disadvantage. In the middle east for instance, you (brown man) would get paid more if you had a white mans passport than you would if you had an indian passport for the exact same job. Reason? The indian embassy in the ME does not do anything to protect labourers there which has snowballed to all indian workers over the decades.

Do I agree with the strip search etc? Not necessarily, but I guess its their "law". Anyhow, how is this maid supposed to shop/eat etc with indian salaries and US prices?

It is not surprising to me that this woman is a criminal and hence the govt is up in arms. They did nothing when Abdul Kalam was harassed.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Wrong thread, Please post in India US relations thread.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

The New Lord Of The Chaudharis

Outlook rag spews sizzling venom at NM and BJP.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

RE: JJ's PM ambitions. Its still not set in stone that 2014 is going to go NaMo or even the BJP way. IMO, rate of political activity and political turn-over actually increases when the INC is weak, or indeed in places where INC is altogether absent, thus one should welcome any such indication which points to eventual banishment of the C-system. Indeed, leaders arising from various parts of the nation is one such sign. So, AIADMK's stand is not necessarily a bad development, it bodes well for elections post 2014.

If AIADMK can evolve to be an enabling & consolidating federal force in the direction of abolishing separatist tendencies and start debates/ask pointy questions on Kachchatheevu, Rama-Sethu and the broader Sri Lanka integration question, then I would consider them to have played a complimentary & politically facilitative role in the establishment of TN & Kerala (& Sri Lanka as the calculating client state) as primary geostrategic assets of the IOR.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sagar G wrote:
Hari Seldon wrote:Modi buzz in Muslim areas of Kashi too since y'day.... whether in support or in opposition is a different issue...

Headline - In muslim areas it's Modi only.

Body - For or against, in the muslim areas Modi was discussed from dawn to dusk. Few people said there are no parallels to the way Modi has given thrust to development in Gujarat. He should be allowed to become PM as well for once. People gave the example of ABV that how he was projected as a hardliner amongst muslims and it was said that muslims will find themselves in peril if he comes to power. But during his rule the bus service to pottystan was started. They also complained that politicians never allowed the public to know the truth. They have always been used as a vote bank. Few people where whining about Gujarat riots and Modi's hardliner personality. But they couldn't excuse themselves from agreeing about the overall development in Gujarat. Even amongst women's Modi is a hot topic of discussion. Till Modi's rally was going on even in muslim areas people were stuck infront of TV to listen to his speech.

This can only be good in the longer run. Even if they do not support BJP / NaMo today, at least in the longer run, they can be expected now to be open to assessing what is performance and what is hot gas.

Good for everybody involved. NaMo's team should personally highlight in Muslims areas how the candidates chosen by him win in Muslim majority areas of Gujarat. This one aspect will bring the less gullible of the Muslims to start applying their minds. Application of
and opening up of minds is the first step towards a dharmic society.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Shonu wrote:
VikramS wrote:Boss. paying maids Indian salary is the norm.

The diplomats get paid a stipend (a few thousand dollars a month) apart from the lodging. They are in no position to pay full US salaries.

In cities like NYC the consulars have a LOT of after hours events to take care of. So needing a maid to run the house is the norm. Many of them actually stay in one apartment complex so that they can help each other out (the consular staff). The diplomats like to live in better housing (I am talking 2-3BR apartments) where they can occasionally entertain.

The problem is that the MEA does not hire the maids as a part of the consular package. They have to be hired independently by each employee. And that is where the problem starts. Since there visa is under US laws they have to pay the required salary on paper while there is no way they can.

OTOH if you count the benefits, boarding & lodging in Manhattan, 1 RT to India, free zero deductible health insurance the actual cash value of the benefit to the maid is well *above* what the minimum wage would be.

The problem with this maid started when she wanted to moonlight in her free time and the officer told her that the visa did not permit her. Then the usual rounds of church orgs and mediators who "swooped in to rescue the bonded labor from the evil Yindoo who treated her like a slave", only to find out that the alleged tormentor is a dalit herself.
Just because it is the norm, doesn't make it right. If she cannot afford to pay US salary's then she should not have a maid. Its as simple as that. Or if she really requires one, the system should provide her with one. You cannot live in another country and follow your own laws. If her benefits exceed the minimum wage, it shouldn't be an issue because this can be put on paper and proven in court. The problem is, indians underpaying their own puts indians in general at a disadvantage. In the middle east for instance, you (brown man) would get paid more if you had a white mans passport than you would if you had an indian passport for the exact same job. Reason? The indian embassy in the ME does not do anything to protect labourers there which has snowballed to all indian workers over the decades.

Do I agree with the strip search etc? Not necessarily, but I guess its their "law". Anyhow, how is this maid supposed to shop/eat etc with indian salaries and US prices?

It is not surprising to me that this woman is a criminal and hence the govt is up in arms. They did nothing when Abdul Kalam was harassed.
It's already Muharram time! Let's all have a self-whipping orgy! After all we shouldn't forget the Original Sin - when we Indians rejected both the peace of Dar ul-Islam and the compassion of British Raj.

Whipping oneself can be so much fun once one gets used to it!
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

^^ Speak for yourself. What I stated is fact. I know as I have experience. Anyway, as Chaanyaka has stated, this is the wrong thread.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Thank you, shionu ji. IMO the indo-US dhaga is better suited for these profoundly perspicacious insights ...

Meanwhile folks, the twitter hashtag is #Namoinmumbai

Hopefully there is plenty of prep and follow up happening to these mega rallies drawing lakhs... I know for sure they're collecting phone numbers etc, registering volunteers and all...

Needs other things to happen too to strengthen the org.

>>Jiten Gajaria ‏@jitengajaria 3h
Have to say one thing. The elevation of @Dev_Fadnavis has energised BJP Maharashtra to great heights. Mobilisation for #NaMoInMumbai is wow

This BTW is the last time NM quietly visited Mumbai (29-30 sep) to address a Gujju-Jain trade chamber... the 2k odd mobilization at the airport you see here was not pre-planned but sorta spontaneous...

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Maids living place,food etc was taken care at dk home outside of pay. whatever she got is India was pure saving and there was casual expenses and savings unless she was splurging.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Excellent management principles from Modi in Rajasthan

Modi effect: Vasundhara Raje gets a freehand in Rajasthan

25 LS sweep may well be in sight...
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Interesting, even Vinod Mehta of Outlook is convinced that Modi PMship is imminent...

Delhi Diary
When an old pseudo-secularist like me says get ready for a Narendra Modi-led NDA government, you’d better believe it. Unless some divine agency intervenes, the Congress is heading for an electoral rout. The AAP, high on its initial success, seems unlikely to pose a serious challenge in the general election.

What kind of prime minister will Narendra Modi make? Even the most informed and insightful pundit has no answer to that riddle. If he behaves the way his critics expect him to, the country is in for big trouble. India is not Gujarat. Therefore, his autocratic style of governing, which worked well in his home state, will spell disaster for him when he moves into 7, Race Course Road. And if his cabinet team consists of cronies like Amit Shah, we can say goodbye to good governance.

Can Narendra Modi spring a surprise? I am certain he is aware of the challenges and pitfalls of ruling a vast, diverse, multi-religious country with a substantial Muslim population. Happily, there are some signs that our presumed future PM understands the prerequisites of prime ministership. The Gujarat CM needs to wear the Atal Behari Vajpayee mantle of a moderate centrist leader who knows when to keep his mouth shut and to avoid the kind of nasty rhetoric he has been spouting on the campaign trail. Since Mr Modi has an acute sense of self-preservation and is blessed, like a cat, with nine lives, pragmatism may triumph ideology. Bookies, as yet, are not taking bets on which of the two Modis will emerge.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Arjunji, NM becoming PM is now very realistic and will happen soon I hope. One of the dangers going forward for NM/BJP is the unreleastic expectations of people (especially in the first 5 years). Another danger is letting idiots within the BJP create problems (administrative or otherwise). I don't know much about VR in Rajastan but I have heard good things. I hope she (and other BJP CMs who are in power or subsequently come to power) preserve that and don't become a leech just like the INC is - else all the hard work done by NM will be destroyed and will allow another INC to grow.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Shonu wrote:Arjunji, NM becoming PM is now very realistic and will happen soon I hope. One of the dangers going forward for NM/BJP is the unreleastic expectations of people (especially in the first 5 years). Another danger is letting idiots within the BJP create problems (administrative or otherwise). I don't know much about VR in Rajastan but I have heard good things. I hope she (and other BJP CMs who are in power or subsequently come to power) preserve that and don't become a leech just like the INC is - else all the hard work done by NM will be destroyed and will allow another INC to grow.
He know how to deal with over-expectations. In 2007 elections, he talked about Mia Mushy and we are 5 and we have 25 giving an impression that he will be more anti-minority and pro-Hindu, but he did choose development mantra to become popular. Expect visible parameters (for India) and long term goal achievement (for Bharatiya), so that he can win 2019 elections, reviving Indic civilization once again.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

He is a good communicator and decision taker. Both are absent now. There will be better administration than mafia. So no need to worry.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

kmkraoind wrote:
He know how to deal with over-expectations. In 2007 elections, he talked about Mia Mushy and we are 5 and we have 25 giving an impression that he will be more anti-minority and pro-Hindu, but he did choose development mantra to become popular. Expect visible parameters (for India) and long term goal achievement (for Bharatiya), so that he can win 2019 elections, reviving Indic civilization once again.
AFAIR, the Mia Mushy and 5-25 comments were in 2002 elections.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

one request, my googling is not helping me, need help in finding the AK 47 asking tauqeer rana and tauqeer rana's background
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Guys, can we take this maid business out of this thread and stop polluting this thread. Any further discussion on the maid will invite warnings.
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

Shonu wrote: Just because it is the norm, doesn't make it right. If she cannot afford to pay US salary's then she should not have a maid. Its as simple as that. Or if she really requires one, the system should provide her with one. You cannot live in another country and follow your own laws. If her benefits exceed the minimum wage, it shouldn't be an issue because this can be put on paper and proven in court. The problem is, indians underpaying their own puts indians in general at a disadvantage. In the middle east for instance, you (brown man) would get paid more if you had a white mans passport than you would if you had an indian passport for the exact same job. Reason? The indian embassy in the ME does not do anything to protect labourers there which has snowballed to all indian workers over the ...
Half knowledge is dangerous. To justify a MUTU position, information that is used as an example that is based on hear-say. Pity.

OT to this thread. But move to the mid east thad if you want to discuss further.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i searched for "AK 47 asking tauqeer rana " and first result is

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 273180.cms

Google knows who is AK 47 ???
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

krishana saar thanks

I had that links, but when I tried searching about tauqeer rana can't find his background and role in riots, actually Iwas in debate with some AAp supporters, what BR says is to a large extent correct, when we confront them with facts, they just back off and talk some equal equal
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

those details will be hard to find
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Raja Bose wrote:Guys, can we take this maid business out of this thread and stop polluting this thread. Any further discussion on the maid will invite warnings.
Personally for me if Modi does not mention the custodial rape incident and pushes it under the carpet in Mumbai, I'm going to be very disappointed. The key thing that differentiates the Modi idea of India from the dynasty is respect for the Indian people and if a leader cannot protect his people he is not much of a leader.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

lets all ask him to ... we can post it in his website
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

Same drama as in dilli...Ground being prepared for khujliwal to move in and danka-peeto about bhrashtaachaar
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

By all means discuss Modi aspects of the maid business here but not OT stuff regarding the case....we have enough RnD on that in the other thread without spreading it all over the forum.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

I am certain he is aware of the challenges and pitfalls of ruling a vast, diverse, multi-religious country with a substantial Muslim population.
Mr. Modi should borrow a trick from the US State Department, in using foreign countries to placate minorities. This can be done by setting up an "International Commission for Minorities" as a counterpart to the "National Commission for Minorities". Such a commission will be able to focus on violations important for Indian minorities in a more productive way and create diplomatic space for Indian negotiators. Over time, visa denial, fines or just embarrassing reports by this commission should replace the tendency to cause harm to Indian property when people are upset over some foreign decision. The USA and Israel will obviously be the subject of much angst by this commission, so any final diplomatic moves have to be handled at the governmental level.

Such a pressure point is a cost free way for an Indian politician to gain votes, without causing communal tension within India.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

bhargava wrote:Image

Same drama as in dilli...Ground being prepared for khujliwal to move in and danka-peeto about bhrashtaachaar
Are any BJP/Shiv Sena/RPI folks named in Adarsh scam?