Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by muraliravi »

Singha wrote:who is the other person next to kejriwal? I always see him in most of the pics.
http://static.ibnlive.in.com/ibnlive/pi ... 38x225.jpg
He is the joker of the pack, kumar vishwas.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

He is said to be a great poet who charges 1 lakh per appearance. Talks all rubbish. Funny to listen their claims that they represent common man. iRS fellows, 30 cr worth t.v. lady, 1 lakh charging poets are common people? Just like communists claims of representing workers.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he has been like a shadow ever since the anna hunger strike days. must be a true insider like ahmed patel for inc. max number of AK pics have him also in the frame.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

muraliravi wrote: Sir, What I am putting up are BJP and congress numbers. You are comparing them with NDA and UPA numbers.
I guess the numbers are going to be very high for BJP this time. I am once bitten twice shy. However, the sand underneath is moving really. I was pulled into a google hangout with UP BJP spokesperson (Dr. Manoj Mishra) by a friend. He summarized the situation as in the past the netas have to work hard to motivate the cadre and this time the cadre just comes in scores to help and netas are breathless in how to use. Any program to get voters is just a hit. They are expecting one vote one note is going to be another game changer. But I will go into numbers once the coalitions are set. One more thing is that Modi's team is not leaving any seat as losing seat. For example, in AP they told point blank to Jagan that talk only if you are interested in pre-poll alliance. Even with TDP it is more parl seats to BJP and more assbly seats to TDP. Not two state Vs single seat shite. It is only how to defeat INC and its b-teams as focus. Latest is TRS also sent feelers. So basically Jagan, TRS and TDP are all vying for Modi in flux AP. In essense the options for all 42 seats are there and I am sure they will plot well. A very top BJP AP person said the dealing wheeling is not like ABV or LKA and this guy is a pucca maarwadi and he knows his ground :).
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

JhoneeG garu, most enlightening post, shaastang pranams sir.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

:D :D Thanks a lot for the profuse appreciation, saars. :D :D
Muppalla wrote:
muraliravi wrote: Sir, What I am putting up are BJP and congress numbers. You are comparing them with NDA and UPA numbers.
I guess the numbers are going to be very high for BJP this time. I am once bitten twice shy. However, the sand underneath is moving really. I was pulled into a google hangout with UP BJP spokesperson (Dr. Manoj Mishra) by a friend. He summarized the situation as in the past the netas have to work hard to motivate the cadre and this time the cadre just comes in scores to help and netas are breathless in how to use. Any program to get voters is just a hit. They are expecting one vote one note is going to be another game changer. But I will go into numbers once the coalitions are set. One more thing is that Modi's team is not leaving any seat as losing seat. For example, in AP they told point blank to Jagan that talk only if you are interested in pre-poll alliance. Even with TDP it is more parl seats to BJP and more assbly seats to TDP. Not two state Vs single seat shite. It is only how to defeat INC and its b-teams as focus. Latest is TRS also sent feelers. So basically Jagan, TRS and TDP are all vying for Modi in flux AP. In essense the options for all 42 seats are there and I am sure they will plot well. A very top BJP AP person said the dealing wheeling is not like ABV or LKA and this guy is a pucca maarwadi and he knows his ground :).
Muppalla garu,
you mean lotus can have pre-poll alliance with TDP, Gajan and TRS simultaneously? Is it possible to have such an alliance? That means no al-lies for kongis?

Seems a bit unlikely to me, but not totally impossible. If lotus can pull off such a grand anti-kongi alliance, then kongis are finished. All these games of division or unity will be out of the window. The simple choice before the voters will be to vote for or against the kongis.

But it seems more likely that Gajan and TRS will become allies. TDP and BJP will become allies. And kongis will have secret understanding with TRS and Gajan.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

johneeG wrote::Muppalla garu,
you mean lotus can have pre-poll alliance with TDP, Gajan and TRS simultaneously? Is it possible to have such an alliance? That means no al-lies for kongis?

Seems a bit unlikely to me, but not totally impossible. If lotus can pull off such a grand anti-kongi alliance, then kongis are finished. All these games of division or unity will be out of the window. The simple choice before the voters will be to vote for or against the kongis.

But it seems more likely that Gajan and TRS will become allies. TDP and BJP will become allies. And kongis will have secret understanding with TRS and Gajan.
I mean Modi has all options open. But he will go only with one of them. It is almost certain that TDP and BJP are going together as discussions on which seats and who is going on in hush-hush ways.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Here is the contrast in AK-47 uvacha:

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/decis ... ef_article
"There is, however, evidence of a lot of wrong doing in the books of power distribution companies."

<snip>

"Referendums can’t be used to decide subjects like currency, foreign policy, banking etc," he said.
Why may we ask? Manifest destiny!

Interesting, RBI gov in the establishment and AK-47 in the streets and while both aspects affect the people (I dare say currency, foreign policy, banking etc does even more intimately and even more indiscriminately than power) but here is a go bye to what can affect the Sasu ji, adversely.

Power Discoms are presumed guilty to be taught a lesson by AK, but Foreigners are presumed innocent to be appropriately dealt with by AK in national interest. :D. Man this guys is keen on Jhingalala till death.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

JohneeG guru, amazing post. Could not stop myself from copying the post & sharing with my group of fascist right wingers, with due credits to you & BR. Hope you don't mind.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

vivek.rao wrote:Shishir Gupta
‏@sisir_gupta
I am told that JD (U) is again trying to open a back channel with the BJP after being let down by Cong and seeing the rise of Laloo.

:mrgreen:
I'm surprised JDU is still intact as a party. Can't believe all the leaders of that party are as stupid as their boss. May be they do want to switch over to bjp but SuMo would not let them in. In any case, NM will stay away from that nikumma.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

kapilrdave wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:Shishir Gupta
‏@sisir_gupta
I am told that JD (U) is again trying to open a back channel with the BJP after being let down by Cong and seeing the rise of Laloo.

:mrgreen:
I'm surprised JDU is still intact as a party. Can't believe all the leaders of that party are as stupid as their boss. May be they do want to switch over to bjp but SuMo would not let them in. In any case, NM will stay away from that nikumma.
There is of course the "change in the wind" feel which makes individual politicians change their stands, however for a bigger scale shift, the politicos have to taste the electoral slap.

After Lok Sabha 2014 elections, Nitish would only have cabinet posts to buy the loyalty of MLAs, and all those who don't get something would be out. The govt. is going to fall. With NDA at the Center, there will be President's rule and early new elections, bringing a strengthened BJP to power.

After that Nitish would be a marginal actor.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

MSM keeps talking about NDA partners but pray tell me how many allies congress has lost since UPA-2. Mamta is out and so is Doctor MuKa and so are few other chota-mota parties but the number for congress is also down if it is down for BJP.
Then why act as if Congress is gaining allies and BJP is losing allies thanks to Modi factor.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Kerariwal is taking Oath on Foundation day of Indian National Congis. Saturday 28th December2013

INC founded on December 28, 1885

Is he making sub-concious association with his benefactors??
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Kejri is making hue and cry over the CNG gas prices. For years, Delhi has sucked up rest of India (Gujarat with highest rate of CNG prices in the country) to subsidize Delhi and companies based around Delhi. Rest of India pays much higher prices than capital. Now that Supreme Court has slapped the government to undo the wrong doing that they did since 2004, CNG companies has to increase the prices to balance the books. It is a natural thing. Same applies to Petrol and Diesel too.
I don't know why do guys in Delhi think they are paying over the top, when rest of the country pays almost the same or even higher prices for the things.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

ashish raval wrote: I don't know why do guys in Delhi think they are paying over the top, when rest of the country pays almost the same or even higher prices for the things.
bingo

Does it not look like a new kudankulam only this time its South Delhi instead of South TN.

What if we reduce the prices of electricity/gas/whatever, all across the country? Why restrict it to Delhi only? And what exactly is the problem in having different prices across social sections and geographies?
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Rahul Gandhi 'disagrees' with Congress govt for rejecting Adarsh probe report

Whether Shinde would , now , resign from HM post?
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday said he did not agree with the Maharashtra government’s decision to reject the probe report into the Adarsh scam.

“They should reconsider that,” he said after meeting his party’s senior leaders and chief ministers at a strategy session.

“No question of protecting anybody,” Gandhi said on the Adarsh housing society scam, in which some senior Congress leaders are under the scanner
The plot was allotted to Adarsh in 2004 when Shinde was CM and Patil Nilangekar was revenue minister in his Cabinet.

“The commission is of the opinion that undue haste was shown by Patil Nilangekar in approval of grant of land to Adarsh CHS without authority. Shinde failed to pay due attention to the suggestion made by the finance department [which opposed the allotment]. The least we can say is that the entire issue smacks of undue haste and desire to bestow benefit to the society,” the commission remarked in its report.

Shinde was CM from January 2003 to November 2004, while Patil Nilangekar was revenue minister from January 2003 to July 2004.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I see a pattern.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Shouldn't RaulG resign from his party since his own party doesn't seem to be agreeable. This intera party disagreements are now in news.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

tomorrow mornings "breaking news" will be another show of 'decisive leadership' by RahulG as he tears into the adarsh coverup and forces GOI to order that it be looked into.

in terms of fake events for the media, this guy takes the cake.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Chandragupta wrote:JohneeG guru, amazing post. Could not stop myself from copying the post & sharing with my group of fascist right wingers, with due credits to you & BR. Hope you don't mind.
:D Thanks saar. Pleasure is mine...
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

One thing I am realizing is

As the day of reckoning for Kujliwal is coming near, his bravado seems going down.

The Arvind Kejriwal interview: We don't have a magic wand to change everything

Why CNG, PNG prices are rising in Delhi and falling in Gujarat
Prices of compressed natural gas and piped natural gas are rising in Delhi, while they are falling in Gujarat. CNG is auto fuel and PNG is the cooking gas distributed through pipes.
The development has the potential to queer the pitch for a war of words between political parties at a time when the newly formed Aam Aadmi Party, which had high energy and water prices as the theme of its campaign, is about to take charge in Delhi. That Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi is the main opposition party’s prime ministerial candidate only adds more colour. Representational image.
PTI AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal has already told ANI he will see as to what was the reason behind raising CNG prices. He has also urged auto drivers not to go on strike in the state capital.
CNG and PNG prices in Gujarat were already high—in fact much, much higher than in Delhi and Mumbai. Gas distribution in the two metros were handled by Indraprastha Gas, owned by public sector Gail, and Mahangar Gas, respectively. Both these companies were getting cheaper domestic gas from Gail, which is the country’s premier gas transportation company. Meanwhile, GSPC Gas, Adani Gas, Gujarat Gas, Charotar Gas and Sabarmati Gas, all of which distribute gas in Gujarat, were dependent on imported regassified-liquid natural gas or RLNG. This is costlier than the domestically produced gas.
A Gujarat High Court order recently asked the Union petroleum ministry to allocate the cheap domestic equally to all city gas distribution companies. This has forced the Union government to cut gas allocation to Indraprastha Gas and distribute it to other companies including Adani Gas and GSPC Gas.

This has helped Gujarat companies reduce prices in the state, while Indraprastha Gas has been forced to increase prices in Delhi as their domestic gas allocation has been cut and are now dependent on imported RLNG to meet the demand.
Here are a few questions: Why were the gas prices in Congress-ruled Delhi and Mumbai kept lower until now? Why was the domestically produced cheap gas not distributed to all equally?
People won't understand all this. All Modi has to do is go to Delhi and keep on poking fun at Kujli. What happened in his alliance with SONIA DIEnasty CON party? Why is he not fighting for Aam admin?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Arvind Kejriwal’s tips for performance appraisal
Manager: So how do you assess your performance?

Arvind Kejriwal: I think that my performance has been outstanding.

Manager: Well that’s interesting, because I see you have not delivered anything in the last year!

AK: That’s correct.

Manager: In that case, don’t you think your self assessment is a bit inflated.

AK: Not at all, you see, you are looking at this from the wrong angle.

Manager: I am not sure I follow you, see for example Narendra and his team have delivered a killer app to our customers and while Rahul and his legacy team have been nothing but disaster at the least they have delivered something.

AK: See. That is the problem, this obsession with delivery. May I suggest this is the wrong way of appraising, and further, if I may, there is a better way?

Manager: Oh really, well what is that better way.

AK: Why good man, it is just before your eyes. See I have not produced a single bug. Whereas, you’re much vaunted Narendra model of software development has resulted in nothing but tens and tens of bugs. It is clear that both Narendra and Rahul are failures.

Manager: Now wait a minute, Rahul and his team has worked since the beginning of this company, and they have more experience, on the other hand Narendra and his team delivered a far better product in far lesser time than Rahul and team. In fact I am thinking of promoting Narendra.

AK: No! You must not do that, you have been deceived by Narendra using ideas such as delivery and what not. Our top priority, scratch that, our only priority, should be quality. We cannot compromise on it. In fact I propose that zero defects should be our only goal, delivery should be optional, and in fact since delivery is impediment in achieving zero defect goals, I think we should do away with delivery. And I think you will agree that no one is more qualified to achieve goal of zero defect without delivering anything whatsoever than myself.

Manager: Now that you have put it this way, your logic seems impeccable to me, I think I will promote you instead.

AK: Now that this small matter is out of the way, here is my list of 18 conditions before I accept promotion.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Expect lot of gimmick activities from khejri for one or two weeks and people Will realize they got a scum bag as CM. Going to travel in Metro, we have to believe that don't have a car of his own?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Nepal's Maoists starts soul searching after humiliating defeat
Top leaders of Nepal's vanquished Maoists party today launched a soul searching session on how to recover from a humiliating defeat in the November 19 polls.

The politburo of the Unified Communist Party of Nepal- Maoist (UCPN-M) is meeting to chalk out the future course of action and work out a strategy to revamp the party's structure after the drubbing it received in the Constituent Assembly elections.
Bhattarai's spouse Hisila Yami as well as three of Prachanda's close relatives, including his daughter Renu Dahal, were defeated in the recent polls. Prachanda himself managed a narrow victory from a constituency in southern Nepal, but was defeated from a seat in Kathmandu.

The Maoists, who swept the country's first post-war elections in 2008, won just 80 out of total of 575 seats and came a distant third in the November 19 polls.

The Nepali Congress bagged 105 of the 240 directly elected seats but did not secure a clear majority to form government on its own. The CPN-UML was the second largest party with 91 seats.
The reason I am posting this is:

1. AAP is similar to Maoist crooks of Nepal. Create an enemy out of India. Create an enemy out of industry. Use Naxal/EJ philosophy of attacking every one using some BS about rich/poor rhetoric.

2. Now after a while they are exposed as nikkammas and do nothings.

3. AAP will be similar just use symbolism, media to hype up lies just to stop Modi

4. After a while every one will figure out these policy less crooks for what they are: Bunch of stupid JNU type crooks with no Governance ideas or capabilities.

We need to use Nepal results and start campaign on twitter drawing parallels. Please suggest some ideas of articulation
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Read somewhere that the Auto wallas of Delhi carried posters for farzi free of cost. Time for payback has arrived.

Auto drivers threaten strike to protest hike
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and chief minister designate of Delhi -Arvind Kejriwal on Friday said he will look into the possibility of rollback in hike in CNG prices.

<snip>

Reacting to a threat by autorickshaw drivers — who have threatened to strike work to protest the hike, Kejriwal said: “We will hold talks and address the concerns of the auto-drivers. If a roll back is not possible, then fares will have to be revised.
Wonder what that will mean for the Aam admi?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Arvind Kejriwal's promises of free water, cheaper power impractical?
On Christmas day, Chief Minister designate Arvind Kejriwal vowed to implement within 24 hours, 700 litres of free water to every household. But as water consultant Sanjay Sharma, who advised the AAP says, it is only a financial promise.

"Free water up to 700 litre is totally a financial commitment. Providing 700 litres every day is a tough job. It will lead to inequitable distribution of water, it will take time to arrange equitable water supply. It will take time," Sharma said.

But experts argue that promised 700 litres is a gross overestimation of demand, which experts say is not more than 350 litre per day per household.

That's not all. The AAP also promised to cut electricity rates by half. Umesh Sehgal, former chief secretary of Delhi, is doubtful though, that the planned audits of all three power companies will allow for such a drastic cut and show variability enough to bring down tariff by 50 per cent. And even if the government is able to half the rate, that would mean an increase in consumption.

"The consumption of power will go up and if that happens, where will power come from? Delhi doesn't produce its own power. Larger comes from outside and we have a quota fixed by the central government. Not by every state. We'll be in the same situation as Noida and Gurgaon and have huge power cuts," Sehgal said.
700 liters of water free to each household in 7/15 days?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Rethink on Adarsh came four days ago
And the impetus for the review came from BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's scathing attack on Rahul Gandhi at his Mumbai rally on December 22. Modi had ridiculed Rahul for talking of launching an attack on corruption when in Maharashtra his party's government was shielding the corrupt by trashing an independent committee's report on Adarsh.

The state cabinet had rejected the report on December 20, just two days before Modi's mahagarjana rally, providing him ready fodder to attack the government.

This newspaper in its December 27 edition had written about the Congress high-command's growing restlessness on how Modi had managed to link Rahul to the Adarsh committee report's rejection. "In an atmosphere charged with anti-corruption sentiments in the wake of Aam Admi Party's stunning victory in Delhi, Modi had managed to nail the Congress double-speak. The only way to counter it was by letting Rahul step in to change the decision on the Adarsh committee's report." said a party insider.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

vivek.rao wrote:Nepal's Maoists starts soul searching after humiliating defeat
Top leaders of Nepal's vanquished Maoists party today launched a soul searching session on how to recover from a humiliating defeat in the November 19 polls.

The politburo of the Unified Communist Party of Nepal- Maoist (UCPN-M) is meeting to chalk out the future course of action and work out a strategy to revamp the party's structure after the drubbing it received in the Constituent Assembly elections.
Bhattarai's spouse Hisila Yami as well as three of Prachanda's close relatives, including his daughter Renu Dahal, were defeated in the recent polls. Prachanda himself managed a narrow victory from a constituency in southern Nepal, but was defeated from a seat in Kathmandu.

The Maoists, who swept the country's first post-war elections in 2008, won just 80 out of total of 575 seats and came a distant third in the November 19 polls.

The Nepali Congress bagged 105 of the 240 directly elected seats but did not secure a clear majority to form government on its own. The CPN-UML was the second largest party with 91 seats.
The reason I am posting this is:

1. AAP is similar to Maoist crooks of Nepal. Create an enemy out of India. Create an enemy out of industry. Use Naxal/EJ philosophy of attacking every one using some BS about rich/poor rhetoric.

2. Now after a while they are exposed as nikkammas and do nothings.

3. AAP will be similar just use symbolism, media to hype up lies just to stop Modi

4. After a while every one will figure out these policy less crooks for what they are: Bunch of stupid JNU type crooks with no Governance ideas or capabilities.

We need to use Nepal results and start campaign on twitter drawing parallels. Please suggest some ideas of articulation
vivek.rao ji,

the question is not whether and when the Delhi citizens would learn about the truth of Arvind Kejriwal and the impracticality of his solutions and non-solutions and uselessness of his rhetoric.

The issue is the loss of time.

It is known to these parties also that every propaganda has its expiry date, and every political party based on useless ideas would end up in the trashcan of history sooner or later. But they also know that they can keep on regurgitating ever new ways to fool the people. When AAP's time is over, the same manipulators may come up with "Roll up your sleeve party" and the game would start again. The old ones who have seen this more than a few times would become cynics, and the new ones, the fresh blood, would again be agitating for one thing or another at per the wishes of the puppeteers.

Who knows when the stars would align again to give us a Modi who could win the hearts of millions of Indians despite the whole mainstream media arraigned against him?!

The point is Bharatiyas don't want to wait any longer. Anyway we can't wait till there are no more Bharatiyas left. It is time to open a new book, to drink Dharmic amrit again, and not old Congress wine!
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

That's right. That's why we need to articulate these thoughts before 2014 so that many people don't fall for this crooked tricks of CONGi Team B
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Dec 27, 2013
Independent MP Om Prakash Yadav withdraws support from UPA: PTI
New Delhi: Independent MP Om Prakash Yadav on Friday withdrew his support to the UPA government over issues of alleged corruption, price rise and political vendetta against leaders of the Opposition by the government.

Yadav, who has been warming up to the BJP for sometime praised its prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi as a "strong leader" and said that the country needs bold leadership this time.

He was talking to reporters at his residence after submitting a letter to President Pranab Mukherjee.

In his communication to the President, Yadav said that he withdraws his support from Union Council of Ministers headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

"This letter may kindly be treated as my withdrawal of support from union government which I had extended at the time of its formation in year 2009," he said in the letter.

Yadav had defeated Bihar strongman and former RJD MP Shahabuddin's wife Heena Saheb from Siwan seat in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.

In the letter, Yadav also touched upon issues like rising prices of essential commodities and alleged rampant corruption during the UPA regime.

"As you are aware, the country is going through a worst phase with regards to astronomical increase in the price of essential commodities very badly affecting the common man of the country. Besides, there is rampant corruption at all levels of the government," the letter stated.

"The Congress led UPA government at the centre has failed to address these issues. To make the situation worse, it has started working with the motive of political vendetta against leaders of opposition and the decision taken by the government in this regard in the last couple of days is against the basic ethos of democracy," Yadav alleged in the letter.

Copy of this letter has also been marked to the Prime Minister.

Yadav's letter levelling allegation of political vendetta on the UPA government comes a day after the centre decided to set up an enquiry commission to probe snoopgate in Gujarat which has been strongly resented by the BJP.

Sources said Yadav was in touch with senior BJP leadership.
Published on Dec 28, 2013
By Law Kumar Mishra
Independent MP Omprakash to join BJP
PATNA: An independent MP from Siwan, Omprakash Yadav on Friday withdrew support to the UPA government and announced that he would join the BJP after 'kharmas' ends on January 14. With his withdrawal, the UPA has lost one more supporter in the Lok Sabha.

The DMK with 18 members had withdrawn support a few months back. RJD's Lalu Prasad was disqualified following his conviction in a fodder scam case. With outside support of Samajwadi Party (22), Bahujan Samaj Party (21) and JD(S)'s 3 and others 16, the UPA has now 268 members in the Lower House.

Yadav told TOI that the government decision to institute an inquiry commission against Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on snooping charges provoked him to withdraw his support to the UPA.

Yadav had unsuccessfully contested the 2004 Lok Sabha elections as JD (U) candidate and was denied the party ticket in 2009. He contested the election as independent and defeated Heena Shahab, wife of incarcerated RJD strongman Mohammad Shahabuddin.

In a letter to the President on Friday, Yadav stated, "The Congress-led UPA government at the Centre has failed to address the key issues like astronomical increase in the price of essential commodities affecting the common man. Besides, there is rampant corruption at all levels in the government. To make the situation worse, it has started working with a motive of political vendetta against leaders of the opposition and the decision taken by the government in this regard in the last couple of days is against the basic ethos of our democracy". Yadav communicated his decision to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as well.

Yadav alleged that the UPA government was humiliating the Gujarat CM by setting up an inquiry commission which was dangerous for democracy.

He would join the BJP after January 14. He has already negotiated with the senior BJP leaders including party president Rajnath Singh and leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley. Yadav claimed he has been assured by the BJP to nominate him as the party candidate from Siwan in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

Om Prakash Yadav: Wikipedia
Om Prakash Yadav (born 1965) is an Indian politician from Bihar. In the Indian General Election, 2009, he was elected to the 15th Lok Sabha from Siwan (Lok Sabha Constituency), by defeating Hena Shahab by a margin over 63,000 votes. Mrs. Shahab, the wife of India's most infamous criminal politician Mohammad Shahabuddin, was widely viewed as a proxy for him. Shahabuddin himself is serving life-imprisonment in jail, having been convicted for murder.

Yadav was a member and contested elections for Nitish Kumar's Janata Dal (United) party. However, in 2009, he was not selected to as the party candidate from Siwan and was replaced by Brishin Patel, who was perceived to be close to Nitish Kumar as he belonged to the same Kurmi caste, and had also won the seat in 1991. However, Brishin had lost touch - he polled 7% of the votes; this may count among Nitish's major errors in the elections. Om Prakash decided to fight the elections as an Independent, and Siwan became one of the few seats in Bihar that did not go to the JD(U)-BJP alliance.

As an independent candidate, Om Prakash Yadav may be supporting the Indian National Congress led coalition.

2004 elections

In 2004, Om Prakash Yadav contested the general elections as a JD-U party candidate and lost to Shahabuddin, who was also in jail then, but could fight elections since he was yet to be convicted. There was widespread intimidation, and opponents were not able to campaign effectively because of an aura of fear. Despite this, Om Prakash managed to get more than 2 lakh votes against Shahabuddin. Subsequently there was widespread violence against his the-then JD-U party. For the crime of having dared put up a credible fight, nine JD workers were killed in the days following the election. Yadav was assigned a team of eight bodyguards.

Om Prakash Yadav himself had to flee his hometown of Lalji near Siwan, and wait out the ganglord's anger while the newly elected state government worked on providing him security. om Prakash yadav fight a lot in that situation when there was not a single person to oppose the Shahabuddin. It was not possible to support any other party rather than RJD due to fear of Shahabuddin. Om Prakash Yadav take the responsibility to make siwan free from crime and terror of RJD led MP & his supporters. Despite of big loss and several threatening from the Shahabuddin and RJD govt he never gave up and he fight for the crime & terror free Siwan.

2009 elections

In the 2009 elections, his main opponent Hena Shahab never campaigned, showing herself in public only at a few meetings with RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav and their star campaigner, movie actor Sanjay Dutt. She never spoke at the huge rallies, but only waved her hand. It was clear that the campaign was being run in Shahabuddin's name, by his well-oiled election machinery, though many of his gang members, such as Rustam Mia, Dhruv Jayaswal, Shubrati Mia, Munsi Mia and others were in Siwan jail. OM Prakash Yadav get a huge support from the commom people of siwan. Despite of fear of Shahabuddin people came out from home and voted for OM Prakash yadav. OM Prakash Yadav proved that a common man do any thing. He fought near about 8 year to make siwan a crime free city.
Also, since Nitish Kumar came to power in Bihar in 2005, he set up fast track courts that have sent 14,000 criminals to jail, and the atmosphere of intimidation appears to have eased up considerably. So much so, that even criminal-politicians put up JD-U - Prabhunath Singh of Maharajganj and Munna Shukla of Vaishali, also lost.
Now all the info in Wikipedia may have been put there by some fan of Om Prakash Yadav or he himself, but the fact that he stood up to Shahabuddin, speaks for itself.

Narendra Modi is taking all local leaders from outside BJP who are honorable and can stand their ground without much support from any party, so people like Captain (Retd.) Jai Narain Prasad Nishad (JD-U MP from Muzaffarpur, Bihar), Om Prakash Yadav (Ind. MP from Siwan, Bihar) and Chheddi Paswan (MLA from Chenari, Bihar) are all leaders with a strong base.

Though old 84 Nishad would again be fielded from Muzaffarpur. Om Prakash Yadav would have both his popularity in his constituency as well as BJP party oil and NaMo hawa to fall back on. Chhedi Paswan would be fighting from Sasaram Lok Sabha seat against Meira Kumar.

These three are good additions to BJP and it means 3 previous non-BJP seats in Bihar are almost certain.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

UPA has now 268 members in the Lower House
Does it mean NCM can win against this wretched coalition?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Dec 27, 2013
BJP-KJP merger likely in Jan: Deccan Herald
P-KJP merger likely in Jan
BJP-KJP merger likely in Jan
Bangalore, Dec 27, 2013, DHNS:
Ashoka entrusted with the task of working out modalities
BJP State president Pralhad Joshi, National president Rajnath Singh and former chief minister Jagadish Shettar at the special executive committee meeting in Bangalore on Friday. dh photo
The BJP appears to have moved ahead on admitting B S Yeddyurappa back into its fold, with a formal announcement likely to be made in the first week of January.

Sources in the BJP said a team of its top leaders is scheduled to meet Yeddyurappa on January 2 to extend him a formal invitation to join the saffron party.

The formal induction is likely to place after January 15. It would be left to the discretion of Yeddyurappa to hold a rally to mark the merger of his Karnataka Janata Party with the BJP.
BJP National President Rajnath Singh is learnt to have asked former deputy chief minister R Ashoka to work out the modalities of merger in consultation with Yeddyurappa. Singh was in Bangalore on Friday to take part in the BJP state executive committee meeting.

“Each and every process is under way. Once we take a decision, we will inform you,” Singh told reporters.

BJP leaders Basavaraj Bommai and Aravind Limbavali met Yeddyurappa for informal talks.
At the executive committee meeting, the subject of Yeddyurappa’s homecoming was broached by none other than his bete noire, Ananth Kumar.

“Some of our brothers left us before the Assembly polls. It resulted in a setback for us in the polls... I can assure you that in the New Year we will fight the Lok Sabha polls on an united forum,” Ananth Kumar said from the dais, all the while without naming Yeddyurappa.
However, Singh took the name of Yeddyurappa, stating that he had suggested the former chief minister in 2006 to extend loans to farmers at low rate of interest.

“Yeddyurappa, who was then deputy chief minister and finance minister, implemented the suggestion in the very next budget he presented,” Singh recalled.

Core committee meeting

The KJP core committee which met in Bangalore on Friday, authorised Yeddyurappa to take a final decision on the merger.

Speaking to reporters, Yeddyurappa said he was in touch with the BJP leaders and would take a decision on merging his party with the BJP, soon.

Later in the day, the state executive, attended by around 900 members passed two resolutions - that the Siddaramaiah government had failed on all fronts especially in protecting the interests of farmers and that the BJP state unit would strive to bring the National Democratic Alliance back to power at the Centre.

BJP State spokesperson Suresh Kumar said the party would organise an agitation in front of Town Hall, Bangalore, on January 3 to protest against the deteriorating law and order in Karnataka.
GPP in Gujarat and KJP in Karnataka soon merging with BJP. Good news!

Hoping to hear similar positive news from Jharkhand and Himachal Pradesh as well. Alliance formation in Haryana, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh also much awaited.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

vivek.rao wrote:
UPA has now 268 members in the Lower House
Does it mean NCM can win against this wretched coalition?
The effective strength is much lower. However the opposition is not united so UPA is safe.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

Not sure how many of u saw a sting by ZTv on 5 con-gress MLA supporting PAAP. I saw one. He was on record saying that we are not mad to put him in power. We have put him in power to destroy him for ever. He is just a babu !
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I told RamaY that JohneeG is a treasure for BRF.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

after action report:
the trip was delayed by a week due to moi getting me stomach biopsied for ishtowmak cancer Mahadev be praised it was just
a lowly ulcer, on the ground contacted/visited/audited around 123 hellpatal (read on to know the reason me call them hellpatal)
all sarkari joints either refused or were refused to join the cause. onree three have been recruited for the cause, all of them coincidentally :wink: are owned by people from me alma matter, two are me batch mates, no, no nepotism cronyism bhaichara
wagera, perish the thought, onree these three have found fit to called hospitals with proper facilities for catastrophic emergency.
the others... well shall narrate one incdent

after good morning chai biskut wagera
-the quotation says one lacs per trip of or per day of standby?!?
-yes saar, see saar we are the best, top class most expensive latest model macinery and instrument
-is it so? okay! can you show me your Ambulance

the guy shouts a crowd of staff gathers and moi is escorted to a parked white dingy maruti van otherwise known as ambulance
inside, found fixed benches one for patient and one for others(so was explained) spied one green Oxygen bottle(at least me hoped it contained Oxygen) but no other instrument, not even a nozle to deliver Oxygen.
-i see you have Oxygen
the crowd beaming with insanely extreme pride and rolled their eyes at this so called vedeshi daagder who thinks India is a piece of Gober Mound medical wise.
-ah! can you show me how you deliver Oxygen to the patient
after mucho diss and cuss amongst themselves one guy jumped in and just opened up the cylinder valve
-this way saar
(you all should have watched me jump from the van with ulcer and all)
get the points gents? any ways me evacuation plan and system has been approved(phew!)
eagerly waiting for the battle.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

subhamoy.das wrote:Not sure how many of u saw a sting by ZTv on 5 con-gress MLA supporting PAAP. I saw one. He was on record saying that we are not mad to put him in power. We have put him in power to destroy him for ever. He is just a babu !
Yup I did. And I was perhaps the first ones to break it that the rank and file of Congress are cross with AAPAK. Now what remains to be seen (for myself) is clinching evidence or The Confirmation of the high comman being happy as happy can be for this arrangement.

But this should not be taken as something wrong. Almost all of Congress and AAP in Delhi, is ripe for the pickings. If BJP had been hell bent on forming government in Delhi, they easily could have. In fact I suspect that part of the reason why these netagan are so upset is because they know they are presently not in demand from anywhere.

One good thing AAPAK has done is that he has unhinged all except the most diehard of supporters of BJP and Congress. This churning has yielded poison it will also yield amrut. Remember halahal came before amrut.
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

RajeshA wrote: GPP in Gujarat and KJP in Karnataka soon merging with BJP. Good news!
Hoping to hear similar positive news from Jharkhand and Himachal Pradesh as well. Alliance formation in Haryana, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh also much awaited.
If KJP merges back into BJP, the MSM will have a wonderful stick to beat the BJP with. They can crow about how the corrupt BSY was let back into the party vs. the super-duper clean AK/AAP. Why can't BJP & KJP have an informal electoral alliance so that BJP will get the lingayat vote and KJP can extend support to BJP/NDA from outside?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

just the kid who cried wolf too many times, the credibility of english language MSM is at a all time low.
they howled for weeks on fake issues like snoopgate and the paying public didnt care.
let them howl - reaction of MSM should not be on NDA calculations.
consider at par with wahabi clerics - no matter what NDA does they wont be happy, so let them be.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

So Kejri has done down-hill skiing by taking support from Congress which has been the fountainhead of corruption in the last decade. And I see posters suggesting he is an idealist. If you call Anna an idealist I will buy it. Will see how he governs. Meanwhile, MSM is pushing Kejri by showing live coverage of his oath taking address which they did not do with other CMs.