Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Abhijit
BRFite

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Abhijit »

Congress cannot merge AAP into itself. This is because congress has very little left in terms of electoral assets. it is like the blackberry of politics. AAP can eventually take over the IP portfolio of congress by incorporating their elements. if that happens, BJP will rule for the next 100 years.
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

Twitter war is being won by AAP with the help of blanket coverage from MSM.

So AAP is going traction in both social media and main stream media. This is brainwashing many people

Many of my friends who support BJP now claim to be AAP fans. But equal number a still jealously defending and supporting Modi.
Good thing is no one evens sees congress as an option.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

apoorv wrote:Many of my friends who support BJP now claim to be AAP fans.
Since couple of days I am seeing such "claims" being posted here especially by newbie accounts, interesting !!!!
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

I think everyone should take a breath and see what is happening. BJP isn't losing voters/supporters. It is just INC supporters turning into AAP supporters. It is for everyone to see on twitter and FB. The dent they will make into BJP territory is minor (2-3% vote share). INC was doling out freebies to "poor" now AAP is doing the same to middle-class. So instead of the poor supporting INC, the middle class are (these people never voted earlier). Poor will see what has happened to them and switch to BJP as there is nothing left of INC. So all in all, nothing to worry about. NM is on track to be PM.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I will put my on the ground report from India on this - detail will be later..but Summary. BJP old votes are mainly intact. The new comers/young/firstime voters - Lets divide them in few groups - 1) were BJP/Namo supporter before AAP 2)Were AAP supporter 3)Were Supporter of other parties 4)Were uninterested in politics. Another division is Rural vs urban youths. Rural Youth is safe with whatever party they were supporting. No major impact there. The Urban youth, the above mentioned 4 grouping applies to. 1) Safe to say that over 90% of them are with BJP 2) They are with AAP, 10% may break for whaterver reason 3) This group, it maybe loosing votes to AAP, particularly if the mother party (like cong) is not doing good. 4)The uninterested are joining AAP in good number, it is the new fad. When I asked few of them did they vote (no they did not) or plan to vote (plan is alwys yes). Many of these did not vote because (sample the reason) 1) preparing for exam, exam 3 months away 2) Was meeting an old friend after a long time on that day etc etc.
I think, AAP and fordriwal has thrown a monkey wrench, but BJP march is not much impacted.
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

Sagar G wrote:
Since couple of days I am seeing such "claims" being posted here especially by newbie accounts, interesting !!!!
This is the time stamp of when I joined:

This is before you. I am a NaMo supporter but I have a right to put forth my observations.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

fanne wrote:I will put my on the ground report from India on this - detail will be later..but Summary. BJP old votes are mainly intact. The new comers/young/firstime voters - Lets divide them in few groups - 1) were BJP/Namo supporter before AAP 2)Were AAP supporter 3)Were Supporter of other parties 4)Were uninterested in politics. Another division is Rural vs urban youths. Rural Youth is safe with whatever party they were supporting. No major impact there. The Urban youth, the above mentioned 4 grouping applies to. 1) Safe to say that over 90% of them are with BJP 2) They are with AAP, 10% may break for whaterver reason 3) This group, it maybe loosing votes to AAP, particularly if the mother party (like cong) is not doing good. 4)The uninterested are joining AAP in good number, it is the new fad. When I asked few of them did they vote (no they did not) or plan to vote (plan is alwys yes). Many of these did not vote because (sample the reason) 1) preparing for exam, exam 3 months away 2) Was meeting an old friend after a long time on that day etc etc.
I think, AAP and fordriwal has thrown a monkey wrench, but BJP march is not much impacted.
Right now there is a IndiaTV prog. hosted by Irfan Khan - a promo for AK-47. Irfan is trying to manage expectations saying AK is cannot change things overnight. Irfan also indicated that AAP is said to be targeting City based voters.
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

Can we say AAP is the new left liberal avatar of Red Parties in India. AAP has not criticized CPI(M), CPI etc. Their leaders (Karat) have praised AAP as well.

Naxals attracted youth in Bengal in 60s. This is peaceful version of Naxals which is attracting youth. This is Sonia's NAC creating its own party and horrifyingly attracting youth towards it. Their is a high chance AAP will join the chorus with left parties to join third front or support congress in the name of stopping "communal" BJP.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

the silver lining on cloud is that ardent modi fans are fighting out on several newspaper forums, apparently they are nationalist enthusiasts like me who see a ray of hope in modi and will not be swayed easily
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

hanumadu wrote:The idea is by the time Delhites realize it and the rest of India realizes it even later, the GE 2014 would have already taken place

Well, if that was really the case, AAP would not have won a single Delhi seat. There was enough information on social media what AAP really stands for, yet people got taken in by him, even on BR.
I am saying something different.... With AAP now doing some governing, they will have to commit to specific moves. This has already started.....with announcement of subsidies in water and electricity. So, there _already are_ winners and losers. And people might start to realize that even an IIT-ian can not create water out of thin air, he can only charge less for it. The wheels would have already started turning in the minds of the citizens of Delhi who are going to pay extra for water/current. The same applies to people in other cities. rohitvats' post showed the way forward on this. With more governance, more of this will come out...before the GE.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Singha wrote:AAP has used product marketing strategy to figure out what are the low level direct pain points of the educated middle class
Excellently put. Question is to what end and all the answers are scary because everything he has said and done so far are misleading and harmful to India.
..people will care about these a lot before thinking about macro stuff like TSP and JK.
We need to be a little more hopeful about the educated middle class and think that given the information, many if not most will choose country over self. They will do this because they probably understand that all the freebies are temporary band aids and if India does not become strong, their lot will never improve on a fundamental level. What BJP needs to do is hammer away at the anti-national positions and actions that AAP has taken, the ruinous effect of the things it is doing now just to win approval, its own corruption (Shazia Ilmi ), the pimping with Maulana Taqeer Raza Khan who ordered the beheading of Taslima Nasreen, its contradictions and lies and most of all its dodgy foreign financing. These things are being done by Dr. Harshvardhan right now and hopefully he continues at every opportunity. BJP also needs to motivate and roll out people like Gen VK Singh and Kiran Bedi who I hope are being primed for the right time.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

ramana wrote:A lurker sent me this email
AAP is an empty shell and safe parking space for clean Congressmen to be placed as temproray holding place. This creates a lot of upheaval and infighting. Eventually Congress will merge AAP into itself and claim to be new reinvented order....
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Common people are laymen who want simple and quick solutions to their problems. This includes the frivolous metro intellectuals who've woken up to politics this last year and talk about it without knowing the basics like what a confidence motion means.
What Kejri has excelled in, is showing to these people that he is solving the problems so simply and quickly. That is what excites them because it looks attractive.
Nobody wants to looks into the deeper science of governance and how this careless populism will damage the economy in the long run.

Pills are bitter and no one wants to take them. Sweets are always welcome, even for those running into diabetic risks.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

apoorv wrote:Can we say AAP is the new left liberal avatar of Red Parties in India. AAP has not criticized CPI(M), CPI etc. Their leaders (Karat) have praised AAP as well.

Naxals attracted youth in Bengal in 60s. This is peaceful version of Naxals which is attracting youth. This is Sonia's NAC creating its own party and horrifyingly attracting youth towards it. Their is a high chance AAP will join the chorus with left parties to join third front or support congress in the name of stopping "communal" BJP.
Yes BRites knew it a long time back, but now it is painfully obvious apoorv.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

I had argument with AAP supporters which start with BJP=Congress from there side, and then gradually shifts to there plain hatred towards BJP, as once we start pointing out that AAP has taken support from Congress, eventually most of them get in to foul language and go away. Some have came back after thinking and seems like now sitting in the sidelines and watching the drama unfold, mostly they can be potential NaMo voters now. I guess NaMo team and others have to run a sustained campaign to show AAP= Congress, which has already started according to me, but has to gain more momentum.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Karat indeed seems to be on very friendly terms with AAP. obviously they look forward to working together.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Nitesh wrote:I had argument with AAP supporters which start with BJP=Congress from there side, and then gradually shifts to there plain hatred towards BJP, as once we start pointing out that AAP has taken support from Congress, eventually most of them get in to foul language and go away. Some have came back after thinking and seems like now sitting in the sidelines and watching the drama unfold, mostly they can be potential NaMo voters now. I guess NaMo team and others have to run a sustained campaign to show AAP= Congress, which has already started according to me, but has to gain more momentum.
The fact that they became voluble shows they are an emotional lot. But that is a trend with them. They are not bad people as such. They are what would be called Rajas Tatva. Without the Satva they cannot really stand Sthir. Shaky lot. I faced the same.

After some manipulation by you, some will gain Sthirta (balance) but some will still keep investing emotionally into AAP & AK. I plan to hand out a helping hand of empathy :) to those gaining balance and force the shaky ones into newer contradictions.

I am yet to try the 'Vote to AAP means lesser votes to NaMo means more of the Congress corruption'. This IMO is a good helping hand (good excuse) for those who wish for a homecoming. The harder version 'AAP is a plant of Congress to zutiyafy the deracinates' seems good to push the shaky ones till they too can see their own fault. Ultimately we may be left with a kernel of true supporter the one who worships AK but that can be dealt with in other more effective manners.

I am amazed at the comprehensiveness of the strategy. If you hook up on the SM you will find that a lot of people are actual people doing propaganda for AK. Only about 20% seem to be e-narega. Tweeett is a very very niche media yet these guys keep coming up with all kinds of excuses to lie and get their propaganda in edgewise, in such a niche media. Alternate thing to explore is if these guys are actually time wasters because as I see it tweett is absolutely not going to decide elections. Third alternative to check would be if these guys are being used to waylay a BJP/NaMo sympathizer from becoming more efficient campaigners for NaM.
Last edited by member_20317 on 03 Jan 2014 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

An FB status on my timeline -
Had always heard about the power of truth and honesty but had never experienced it until AAP came into existence. Our forefathers had the privilege of participating and witnessing in such an experience now is our turn!!!
Had severeal face-off with this particular guy earlier also which ultimately boiled down to - "you should give AAP a chance"
One good thing is that almost all the replies to his several Pro-AAP status criticizes AAP :-D
Apart from this there are other guys in my timeline who are pro-modi but disagree with AAP criticism since "AAP should be given a chance" (again). Dont know which way these guys will vote in LS election.
Congress is not even talked about now.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

TO understand PAAP we need to understand the definition of "amm admi". I think PAAP defines amm admi as the working man or women and is exactly same as that of CPI and CPI(M) whose equivalent term is "mehanati manush" or "people who uses labor to earn a living". Also, both uses "inqluab jindbad" as their slogan. Nether BJP not CONG(I) nor TMC uses "inqluab jindbad". This idelology alone will ensure that PAAP will take decisions which will ensure their complete wipe out from India was CPI and CPI(M) has been routed out.
Chandrasekhar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Chandrasekhar »

The orchestrated and artificial AAP-Congress rivalry will go on till just before General elections, when congress will suddenly decide to withdraw its support and make Kejriwal a martyr.

Why? I suspect that Congresi strategists have already realized that their party will lose coming elections. If Modi comes to power, they know that its game over for Congress. So, thier best chance of survival lies in limiting BJP's gains and making sure a Third Front government is formed after elections, which will give them sufficient time to recuperate and regain strength. Meanwhile, inter BJP rivalry will ensure that Modi is sidelined from national politics. How do you achieve this ? By

1. Giving 24 hr media publicity to AAP so that Kejriwal becomes a recognizable face all over India.

2. Making Kejriwal a martyr just before elections, and thus generating a sympathy wave in his favor.

This may result AAP will cut into enough anti Congress votes, that BJP gets limited to 150, congress 100, and a third front government becomes inevitable.

So in my online skirmishes I am hammering away this point:

A vote for AAP is a vote for Third Front.
What is the point for voting for Kejriwal, if it ends up giving power to the likes of Laloo, Mamta, Mulayam.
chadev
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chadev »

Have been reading a a lot of the recent posts, I think what happening is that many people who are depressed with the system. All the existing parties (including BJP) have a lot of negatives, accusations associated with them. Thus many people feel confused on whom to vote. And this is where AAP comes in and fills the gap, as a newly build party, it hardly has anything negative about it and thus has the image of a clean party which deserves one chance. The only real issue with AAP is that it is unproven. But now with power in its hands, it can change that by showing ample evidence of proof and development (which is why AAP is focusing on short terms goals now). BJP has given AAP the platform to build their credibility.

And now, the only gameplan which BJP has is to only wait and hope for some mistakes to happen. If in the next 3 months, there is no controversies or negatives emerging, network effect will be maximized as more people will join the AAP. And thus, it is wrong to say that AAP will have no influence in rural areas or XYZ region as really there can be no assumptions in politics.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Bloomberg just popped up a bizarre sounding alert on my phone:
"Singh Says He Will Step Down as Indian Prime Minister if Party Wins Elections"

What a pointless waste of time. He just confirmed that he's out, regardless of whether they win or lose, and just told everyone 'yes, I'm a lame duck'.

Elsewhere in his announcement, he claimed that Modi as PM would be disastrous. He's very qualified to comment on disastrous PMs - he sees one in the mirror every day.
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

IndraD wrote:the silver lining on cloud is that ardent modi fans are fighting out on several newspaper forums, apparently they are nationalist enthusiasts like me who see a ray of hope in modi and will not be swayed easily
Very true. I am a good example. Forever a lurker on FB, I have started actively campaigning against AAP for now. Some of them are beginning to see the light. But the common refrain is to "give them a chance!". I feel in time most of these people will realize their folly. But some are just anti-BJP guys who wouldnt have voted for BJP, so thy have latched on to AAP.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

ravi_g wrote:snip
Ravi saar, oen more point that I have seen is that most of the Hardcore AAP supporters are people living outside India (this is my observation, I can be wrong here), and other people are following them, any cue of following up the NRI guy because he/she must be right.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

kumarn wrote: Very true. I am a good example. Forever a lurker on FB, I have started actively campaigning against AAP for now. Some of them are beginning to see the light. But the common refrain is to "give them a chance!". I feel in time most of these people will realize their folly. But some are just anti-BJP guys who wouldnt have voted for BJP, so thy have latched on to AAP.
When they say give AAP a chance, tell them they got a chance and they are with Congress, it hits the cord with the newly converted AAP supporters, but yes as others say, this campaign needs to be up that AAP is indeed with Congress
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

One question to ask is this:

If AAP is an issue-based party why didn't accept the BJP's offer to give issue-based support?

BJP after all won a larger vote share and won more seats; clearly the will of the people was with BJP and not the Congress.

If AAP truly respected the will of the people it would have taken the issue based support of BJP; instead of the support those who have looted the country.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

How can one give a recent party a chance, when a much older party like BJP did not get a chance? No, a coalition of twenty parties which hamstrung the govt. is not a chance. At the state level, where ever they are given a chance, they did prove themselves admirably.

And what is the basis AAP should be given a chance? Corruption free government? If AAP is confident of coming to power on corruption free government, why does it need to pander to islamists and naxalites? Why does it need to resort to mai-baap sarkar?

Right now, people believe that AAP is corruption free. That message should be countered. Apart from it, BJP supporters should drive home the point that its economic policies are going to bankrupt the country.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Nitesh wrote:I had argument with AAP supporters which start with BJP=Congress from there side, and then gradually shifts to there plain hatred towards BJP, as once we start pointing out that AAP has taken support from Congress, eventually most of them get in to foul language and go away. Some have came back after thinking and seems like now sitting in the sidelines and watching the drama unfold, mostly they can be potential NaMo voters now. I guess NaMo team and others have to run a sustained campaign to show AAP= Congress, which has already started according to me, but has to gain more momentum.
This is what I've been saying here for quite sometime. It's a mistake to think that AAP voters have opted for it impressed by its program and ideology after doing thorough analysis of "law drafts", thorough check up of the antecedents of its leadership, looking at its governance record (non-available) or anything of the sort.

AAP is all eye and ear candy. It is carpet bombing on the airwaves and print. It is through political agents and NGOs working at the ground level. It is through Jholawallas & Yuppies coming together at various campuses. The paisa is all "secular" and "ford" networking.

All these progressive voices of suave mediamen, NGO activists, Jholawallas, Yuppies, Secular industry captains and babus, all this creates an aura of a new clean progressive activist political platform and act as a magnet for the urban youth to flock to. They think they are doing something for the country, trying to improve life in India.

So what Bharatiyas need to show to the youth is that this platform is neither new, nor clean, nor progressive nor is its activism sincere.

It's not new because it has deep rooted relationship to the existing political establishment - the leaders are part of the Congress system.

- Arvind Kejriwal got a recommendation letter from Sonia Gandhi herself asking the PM to permit him unsanctioned leave from his IRS service allowing him to join an NGO, funded by Ford Foundation, a CIA front. AAP and Congress share the online media wing. Yogender Yadav of AAP was a mentor of Rahul Gandhi. There is nothing new in AAP. It is a Congress sponsorship.

- Because it is a Congress sponsorship, it is not clean, and it shows in AAP's dealings. Arvind Kejriwal was not hesitant to pocket all the donations gathered by the IAC movement. He also started an Anna Card scheme to dupe people. So there are already red flags.

- It is not progressive because AAP ideology is the same socialist wine in a new Aam Aadmi bottle. It is empowering the citizens through rights-based redistribution of resources at the cost of state's financial health. NaMo's economic ideology is empowering the citizens through education and jobs using economic growth as an engine leading to a strong nation.

- AAP's activism is also disruptive, just as Naxals' is disruptive. It's activism is to be anti-establishment and to reject the state, but more importantly it is to also reject the cultural roots of the nation. Whereas free-market capitalism is to treat everybody like a consumer deserving as much attention as the money in his pocket, socialism is all about treating everybody as a burden deserving equal alms & attention by the state. NaMo speaks about public-private-people-partnership, a totally different way of thinking, treating citizens as stakeholders. The participatory democracy AAP talks about is nothing more than a charade to let their supporters give their stamp of approval to predetermined decisions by the Politburo or later on maybe letting the people fight it out about how to distribute the meager resources available.

- AAP movement is also not indigenous. It has all the hallmarks of a color revolution sponsored by Anglo-Americans. Rahul Mehta ji can explain this in a much more flowery and devastating language.

The last argument of most AAP supporters is "at least give AAP a chance to prove themselves". Well why not give Professor Hafiz Saeed also a chance that Islam would solve corruption in India? We also don't know. May be gifting Kashmir to Pakistan can also do a wonder for peace in South Asia! At least we should give it a chance. A nuke on Surat, courtesy Yasin Bhatkal could also reinvigorate India to think of peace. At least we should give it a chance. Those who are saying we should give AAP a chance, they should be told to go give their children a chance at heroin. It would make them better kids. West Bengal too gave the Communists a chance to rule Bengal.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Some astrologer must have said some thing to amma, these days green+white colors are used heavily in JJ's activities.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

SwamyG wrote:Some astrologer must have said some thing to amma, these days green+white colors are used heavily in JJ's activities.
Many 'astrongers' have uncanny ability of identifying what their clients want to hear and then telling them exactly that. One of these days, I want to write a 'looong' post on predictions & prophecies... :P :mrgreen:

----
RajeshA saar,
kudos. Nice posts. :)
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i guess they can sleep in parliament as they are aam admi :rotfl:
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Karan M wrote:
abhik wrote:More like the chi chi class feel that there is a party where they can belong. But the AAP in Delhi went with jholawala/NGO types for candidates. It needs to be seen how many of these Khas-admis get tickets and transform into Aam-admis.
exactly. a ton of big name types joining the AAP and MSM gleefully trumpeting it to make more converts. vast majority of urban voters are sheeple. give them some good soundbytes and feel good factor and they run to that "icon" to be seen with it. plus these middle class types didnt know how to survive or manage in a traditional party, with its bewildering caste-ethnic-conventional lines of power or so they thought. AAP they think, anybody can join, anybody can win.
sad, but it just shows how much dissatisfaction was there in the system, while for the past 8 years D4 & BJP sat around hands in the pocket, doing nothing and led by a geriatric who was completely out of touch with reality.
truly modi is facing incredible odds. if he pulls it off even so, the AAP is going to be the next big threat in 2019 as well.
true.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Nitesh wrote:
ravi_g wrote:snip
Ravi saar, oen more point that I have seen is that most of the Hardcore AAP supporters are people living outside India (this is my observation, I can be wrong here), and other people are following them, any cue of following up the NRI guy because he/she must be right.
Thats right. Alexa helps for this. Almost all news sites are high on the hitlist. Even as we speak, there has been a comment from a paki in another site that was recently recommended by the Ayurvaidacharya ji when he got angry about 1/2 month back.

My suspicion is that some racketeers may also be involved in white money funding. Because all the funding is on self declaration basis and this donations showbazzi allows a person only to see his own donation, not that of others. This can easily be managed by crooked accountants and entities in Connought place & chawdi bazar. Only a suspicion for now though. But the wall to wall coverage by a toilet related entity is a dead give away for black financing.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

If Congress took India down from 9% growth rate to 5%, Kejriwal seems all set to take it all the way down to 2% to satisfy his urge to play Robin Hood ! He has already set back Power reforms in India by 3 - 5 Years, within a week of taking office as CM...imagine the supreme damage he would inflict as PM.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

MS Dheer AAP MLA elected speaker in assembly
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

a singapore based donor gave 50 lakhs per toi print edition yesterday.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Responding to ex-colleague T V Mohandas Pai's attack on his credentials as political candidate, UIDAI chairman and co-founder of Infosys, Nandan Nilekani today told the Business Standard that "(It’s) not worth it to react. As Indira Gandhi told Natwar Singh: In politics you need a thick skin.”

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/business/thick ... ef_article
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Singha wrote:a singapore based donor gave 50 lakhs per toi print edition yesterday.
evidence--http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... admi-party
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

kumarn wrote:
IndraD wrote:the silver lining on cloud is that ardent modi fans are fighting out on several newspaper forums, apparently they are nationalist enthusiasts like me who see a ray of hope in modi and will not be swayed easily
Very true. I am a good example. Forever a lurker on FB, I have started actively campaigning against AAP for now. Some of them are beginning to see the light. But the common refrain is to "give them a chance!". I feel in time most of these people will realize their folly. But some are just anti-BJP guys who wouldnt have voted for BJP, so thy have latched on to AAP.
So true. Other refrains are "its too early", "they are not corrupt", "you cant say they are with congress".
But there is this curious phenomenon where Modi supporters (not the hardcore types) are also taking umbrage when I criticize AAP. They hope that AAP would cut Congress votes as well so BJP need not worry. "AAP should be welcomed because its a breath of fresh air in Indian Politics" and so on.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Rajesh saar, kudos good post.

Just wanted to add, Koodankulam issue can also be used to strike sense in the people. Then we can push them towards discussion about development, where AAP has no point to say.