Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by RoyG »

Skanda wrote:
krishnan wrote:Arnab seems to have got torn apart by him last night, he was running for covers , as per twitter
Watch here
Good god...Swamy tore him a new one. Arnab is getting carried away. He is a nationalist but he is becoming too much of a sensationalist.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^+1 That was SWEET. These paid media hacks need to be shown their place repeatedly and incessantly. I wish there are a 1000 SSs out there ready to deal with these scums at the drop of a hat.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

His nationalism is a function of sensationalism.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Modi’s tax proposals invite mixed reactions from India Inc
According to industry experts, the proposals made by the BJP are unrealistic and are not followed in any part of the world. They have also sought the party to explain their tax proposals in detail.

“The proposal to abolish all forms of taxes and introduction of taxes on banking transactions by BJP’s prime ministerial candidate will cost the entrepreneurs heavily,” industrialist YK Modi told Dainik Jagran.

Citing the example of France where similar taxation proposal on banking transactions was proposed, YK Modi said that the corporate world is completely depended on banking system on daily basis and hence the proposal of the BJP would be not industry-friendly.

Extending support to Modi’s bid for simplifying the country’s taxation system, FICCI chairman Sidharth Birla said, “We support the idea of bringing reform in the tax system but unless the BJP is out with its comprehensive policies on the same, nothing can be said.”

Economist and former financial advisor of Finance Ministry, Rajiv Kumar hailed the BJP leader’s idea, saying the tax proposals are revolutionary.

“If the proposed system comes into effect, it can bring around Rs 22 lakh crore revenue for the government in its first year. The existing taxation system also brings the same amount of revenue for the exchequer. So, the proposal of simplifying the whole taxing process is a good idea. However, it is important to uproot the black money issue from the country to make the proposed formula a success,” Kumar said.

While addressing an event organized by Baba Ramdev on Sunday, Modi has said that the present taxation system is a burden on common man and there is a need to reform it and introduce a new system. He demanded abolition of all kinds of taxes and pitched for a single tax in the form of 'Banking Transaction Tax' if the BJP leader becomes Prime Minister.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

According to SM, Nana Patekar has joined BJP and is contesting elections from a Mumbai seat. It seems, NaMo (not overconfident) is making right moves in winning as much as seats he could.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Twitter is also abuzz with rumors that some Japanese PR firm is getting a ludicrious INR 500 cr to remake Rahul's image. Heck, folks have done it for free below...

kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

kmkraoind wrote: NaMo has one more task. He should hunt down IB mole who harassed the scientists of ISRO. Not only that mole damaged ISRO and our space capabilities, but he is one of fountain head of anti-Modi brigade in Gujarat.
How India’s cryogenic programme was wrecked
Already happening. B. Srikumar (along with teesta) has been booked for illegally collecting money from NRIs by showing them flawed CD of 2002 riots.
SaiK wrote:http://ibnlive.in.com/news/advani-meets ... 95-37.html
who is that swamiji in the video?
Param Pujya Shri Dayanand Saraswati ji. His base aashram is in coimbtur.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

RoyG wrote:
Skanda wrote: Watch here
Good god...Swamy tore him a new one. Arnab is getting carried away. He is a nationalist but he is becoming too much of a sensationalist.
Says unable to load video. :cry:
Was it about Justice Ganguly? that's what the link suggests.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Bahuka economics or addressing the divide by providing basic services?

Why free power and water is a good idea
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Hari Seldon wrote:Twitter is also abuzz with rumors that some Japanese PR firm is getting a ludicrious INR 500 cr to remake Rahul's image. Heck, folks have done it for free below...

This is the future man!

Tirkit daana tirkit daana,
Gee gee daana, lets dance...
Tirkit daana tirkit daana,
Gee gee daana, lets dance...

Hai muscular, hey popular
Hai muscular hai popular

Hai muscular hai popular
Spectacular is a bachelor, he's a bachelor, he's a bachelor...
Pappu ki gaadi tez hai
Pappu kudiyon mein craze hai,
Pappu ki aankhein light blue,
Pappu dikhta angrez hai,
Angrez hai...
Rado ki ghadi haathon mein
Perfume Gucci wala

But pappu can't Win saala! hoye hoye hoye hoye
But pappu can't Win saala! hoye hoye hoye hoye
Haan pappu jeeth nahi sakta!

Wenna may I see you when you win in the vote
And a wenna may I see you when you win... hey!

(Tirkit daana tirkit daana,
Gee gee daana, lets vote...
Pappu can't win saala...) - 2
(Tirkit daana, daana naa) - 4

Paida pappu hua to kismatein chamki,
Aur uske muh mein thi chandi ki chamchi,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... pappu ke paas hai paisa,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... haathon ke maiel ke jaisa,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... pappu AAP ka yaar hai,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... pappu ahankaar hai, chor hai...

But pappu can't win saala, hoye hoye hoye hoye
But pappu can't win saala, hoye hoye hoye hoye
Haan pappu jeeth nai sakta

Tirkit daana, daana naa,
Tirkit daana, daana naa,
Tirkit daana, naa naa naa naa
Tirkit daana, naa naa naa

Mama kehti hai bada naam karega,
Mera pappu to PM ka kaam karega,

Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... pappu ke paas hai MBA,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... karta hai Italy mein holiday,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... pappu guitar bajata hai,
Haii... yeahhh yeahhh... jahan jaata hai haarke aata hai...
But pappu can't win saala

(Tirkit daana tirkit daana,
Gee gee daana, lets vote...
Hoye hoye hoye hoye) - 6
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Super article:
4 ways the Congress won power through Constitutional coups
I can think of at least four Constitutional coups that the Congress has pulled off successfully:

The 2008 cash-for-votes scam with which they overcame a no-confidence motion that would surely have toppled them;
The 2009 election in which considerable circumstantial evidence suggests that the party may have stolen the election by tampering with Electronic Voting Machines;
The hounding and harassing of B S Yeddyurappa in 2011 with the sole intent of toppling the BJP government in Karnataka. The courts later exonerated him;
The use of the Aam Aadmi Party as a fig leaf to retain effective power in Delhi in 2013.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

Hari Seldon wrote:Twitter is also abuzz with rumors that some Japanese PR firm is getting a ludicrious INR 500 cr to remake Rahul's image. Heck, folks have done it for free below...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/ ... 70098.aspx
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Kerala getting MODIfied... Image
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Shonu wrote:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/ ... 70098.aspx

Shinchan will surely be our PM now that the Japs are helping him.

My kids would love it.

kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Jhujar miya has hacked Altair's account :(( .

Nice work anyways :) .
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

RoyG wrote:Arthakranti tax scheme seems to be winning a lot of BJP top leaders. Modi is now jumping into the bandwagon.
Without dampening your optimism, I would like to honest suggest that Arthakranti is a way to prevent Congress from claiming chauth from various mansabdars in the future. It kind of eliminates the funding for parties like congress et al. There is nothing more to it. Just look at the consequences of zero income tax? You can earn as much as you can without being taxed but you will be taxed punitively if you own assets beyond a certain limit. Its eliminates the opportunity to save by the way of black money. Its good I tell you. But when the system establishes itself it will be neither net positive nor net negative for common man. And thats the best thing about it.

I am not a student of economics but this is the idea I get after I read the website.

I am a bit conphuzed onlee - how will they deal with rich foreigners who want to settle in India and want to bring their wealth into India. Before you say anymore- Arthakranti closes to loop hole of Mauritus.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

its official Dentsu india has a 500cr deal per sources to remake Raul's uh image. another firm has been given the deal to remake him in social media.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Arthakranti is about economics. But one should expect more. For example the way Gujarat has developed milk revolution- famously called white revolution- this should be done now in wholly organic way to step by step increase organic milk availability in India. There are always ways to begin such things with clear perspective in mind - for example desi cows better used to environment, plus in huge numbers has other benefits too eg large number of gobar gas plants.
Last edited by vishvak on 07 Jan 2014 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

So Bianca is being slowly brought in after Robert ji has been pushed to a safe distance...

Priyanka Gandhi chairs Congress meeting at Rahul’s home
At least two senior Congress leaders said she will take on a ‘larger role’ in scripting the party’s campaign strategy
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

The Modi juggernaut seems to have stalled. All buzz is about Khujliwala. Modi needs to pull something out quick.
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

Mere do anmol ratan..ek hai chor .. ek dhakkan
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The removal of Income Tax is to remove one of the major sources of corruption via IT raids etc.

Some BR members are supporting the BJP think tank and BJP leadership.

Expect more measures in the vision document as it is revealed.

I think soon after the Jan 26th Republic Day parade the elections will be announced for the country can't wait to get i over.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

KJoishy wrote:The Modi juggernaut seems to have stalled. All buzz is about Khujliwala. Modi needs to pull something out quick.
Currently AAP is the flavour of the season. IMVHO this is good. AAP should be on buzz day in and day out, even if AK has "loose motions", it should be highlighted for the entire day as breaking news and how fast the "motions" are and how great AAP is.

Imagine, AAP's Prashant Bhushan, the MLA Municipal councillor lady playing kirket ball and YY talking about reservation - 3 news items in a single day causing stomach ache among AAP supporters.

The media saturation on their antics should be so high that people will be tired of hearing their name. In the meantime, as we are seeing, all the CongIs are jumping into the AAP bandwagon. This will make it a "left sickular khichdi" and it will be interesting to see how they will manage internal rivalries.

Additionally this will take away the yuppie voteshare from CongIs and weaken it. All the folks who never will vote for BJP will now vote for AAP. And since this vote would not have come to BJP in the first place, it is not a loss to AAP.

Experience of Delhi holds. If the Delhi unit had cleared its mess up earlier with a singular focus on winning, it would have won. BJP won in Rajasthan, MP and 36Grh. Convincingly. Same goes for India and here BJP is already prepared, infact Modi has already done 1st round of canvassing.

NaMo is smart and would have gamed this already and hence he will start utilizing committed cadres. His first round of canvassing is over and is embarking on second round of canvassing. The idea of removing Income Tax is being seeded for example and trial balloons are floated. Once NaMo and his team are sure that a particular idea resonates, they will run with it - call it canvassing round #2. Look at his list of planned rally. This is where he will spread his manifesto/vision., localize it - connect it to the voters etc. Once the election dates are announced, that is round #3. That round will be mostly get the vote out and stump speeches (like NaMo 3D, webcast at NaMo Chai Centres etc). There will be overlaps in this round, but you get the idea. And this will all happen away from media glare.

The CongIs cannot take the above ideas and run with it since they just do not have time or vision! AAP will try to go into CongI base with more of "Arakshan" and "Free water/Elec." sops - well if sops were great shakes, Gehlot would have won in Raj.

The only platform AAP can make a dent to BJP is on "corruption"., but in this pages itself I have seen several posters saying corruption is not a big issue. Governance is.

So is corruption a big issue or is governance? In Delhi, it was both. In Delhi, simple law and order failed because of corruption and mis-Governance. Delhite's are facing "water shortage" and "costly electricity" - which is a governance issue! (and I am enjoying that Delhi has water shortage, spoiled brats that they are - oops Delhiwallas will be on my tail now :D ). Local police corruption is making it unsafe. CWG scam hurt Delhi most, and people were angry. Now if AAP does not deliver on governance, it will be seen as failure.

And of course if you go by media, Modi has already lost Guj thrice and is a convicted genocidal maniac.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Atri,

I re-read your article on Marthwada politics in center right which was linked in the Socail Media thread.

One thought that struck me was PVNR is the real successor to Baji Rao-I.

He is nominally from AP but his thoughts and ideas were shaped in Nagpur Uty!!!!

I think you have unravelled the mystic of PVNR.
Its the Peshwa system.
And no wonder the reaction to get rid of him was so severe.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

ramana wrote:Atri,

I re-read your article on Marthwada politics in center right which was linked in the Socail Media thread.

One thought that struck me was PVNR is the real successor to Baji Rao-I.

He is nominally from AP but his thoughts and ideas were shaped in Nagpur Uty!!!!

Its the Peshwa system.
And no wonder the reaction to get rid of him was so severe.
Interesting.. never thought along these lines..

Bajirao-1 was "meant" to be a peshwa, PVNR was not meant to be a PM. PVNR was packing his bags and returning to telangana when they made him a Peshwa suddenly.

If a parallel has to be drawn with Peshwa system then I will compare him with Madhavrao-1 who was a young and unlikely Peshwa who pulled India and Hindus out of Panipat debacle, stopped them from unraveling paying off all the debts incurred in expensive northern campaign and all this whilst fighting internal enemies and keeping British, Nizam, Portuguese, Hyder Ali and Mughals and Rajputs in check while reasserting the Maratha hold over North and eastern Punjab and Ganga valley. made few compromises in the process which were inevitable which he thought he will mend in his later years but fate never gave him the chance.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

My analogy was to ruling Delhi. In that sense he is the successor to Baji Rao I.
And the fact that his formative years were in Nagpur Uty.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

KJoishy wrote:The Modi juggernaut seems to have stalled. All buzz is about Khujliwala. Modi needs to pull something out quick.
Don't worry, AAP will buckle under its own pressure. The more AAP and Congress talk, the more people will realize what they are really in for. Modi needs to keep attracting the youth and people who desire progressive changes in society.

Both Times Now and Headlines Today are already questioning several AAP policies, actions and sound bites. They need to be given more rope to hang......Modi needs to solidify his base and keep working at what he has been doing the last year. Get some alliances going.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

ramana wrote:My analogy was to ruling Delhi. In that sense he is the successor to Baji Rao I.
And the fact that his formative years were in Nagpur Uty.
Yes, thats why all the inaction is also action funda when babri was coming down.. :) while khangresi people get their patloons twisted, I for one, feel enormously proud of him for showing the sense of dharma.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

My father and elder brother knew him very, very well during that time.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Atri wrote: If a parallel has to be drawn with Peshwa system then I will compare him with Madhavrao-1 who was a young and unlikely Peshwa who pulled India and Hindus out of Panipat debacle, stopped them from unraveling paying off all the debts incurred in expensive northern campaign and all this whilst fighting internal enemies and keeping British, Nizam, Portuguese, Hyder Ali and Mughals and Rajputs in check while reasserting the Maratha hold over North and eastern Punjab and Ganga valley. made few compromises in the process which were inevitable which he thought he will mend in his later years but fate never gave him the chance.
That sounds like the task in front of NaMo if he comes to power.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No he needs more than that. He has to ensure the whole system is cleaned up which is a task left undone by Baji Rao I.
A few years back a radical Telugu speaker who was borught up in Maharastra region told us that Delhi has to be sacked again. We were shocked and then he went on to explain the whole logic. Since then I was told he and his friends went back to India and started a geo-political research center.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Here is the proposal from ArthaKranti on taxation:
  • Withdrawal of Existing Taxation System Completely* (except Customs/Import Duties)
    * All Central, State and Local Government Taxes – Direct and Indirect
  • Every Transaction routed through a bank will attract a certain deduction in appropriate percentage as Bank Transaction Tax i.e. Single Point Tax Deducted at Source (say 2 %)
    • This deduction is to be effected on receiving/credit account only
    • This deducted amount will be credited to different Government Levels like Central, State and Local (as say 0.7 %, 0.6 % and 0.35 % respectively)
    • Transacting Bank will also have its share in this deducted amount (say 0.35 %) as the Bank has a key role to perform
  • Cash Transactions will not attract any tax
  • Withdrawal of High Denomination Currency (say above Rs. 50)
  • Government should make legal provisions to restrict cash transactions up to a certain limit (say Rs. 2,000)
    This means, Cash Transactions above this limit will NOT enjoy any legal protection.
They place a lot of emphasis on controlling fiscal deficit and having adequate revenue to the government (otherwise they wouldn't be taken seriously).

By eliminating high denomination notes, a lot of black money would be converted to white and be brought into the banking system. This, and a share in Transaction Tax helps the banks make capital available at low interest rates, stimulating the industry and creating employment opportunities. This also tackles the fake currency issue. (> 95% of cash is in high denomination notes).

Their sample calculations use a figure of 16.7 lakh crores (2010-2011) of M1 money and they assume 20% of M1 money to be in daily banking transactions. 16.7 * 0.2 * 0.02 * 365 = 15.83 lakh crores to be shared between center, state, local and banks.

They claim that tax revenue increases by orders of magnitude with this scheme.

If BJP adopts this method, they should not sell it as elimination of income tax (because the tax base is very small), but as something that makes goods much cheaper (eg. petrol will be about Rs. 45/ltr instead of Rs. 75-80/ltr), eliminates black money, and reduces corruption.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ramana wrote:My father and elder brother knew him very, very well during that time.
I was close to a grand nephew of his. :)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:No he needs more than that. He has to ensure the whole system is cleaned up which is a task left undone by Baji Rao I.
A few years back a radical Telugu speaker who was borught up in Maharastra region told us that Delhi has to be sacked again. We were shocked and then he went on to explain the whole logic. Since then I was told he and his friends went back to India and started a geo-political research center.
Funny, Sacking Moghul Disease Infected Delhi is common term in mango Conversation in Upper India. Clean UP And Clean Bihar will achieve all objectives sought in Punchsheel of Aar Paar Faar Maar Dhaar. Traitors there are Lakho not Hazzars so must be done in one go and not small fregmented way of doing Baar Baar .
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

For once a decent interview from sagarika - http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/444010/ide ... lures.html
I like listening to Shourie. Far from the usual bluster of politicians.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:He is nominally from AP but his thoughts and ideas were shaped in Nagpur Uty!!!!
Its the Peshwa system.
PVNR studied at Fergusons College, Pune and Osmania University, Hyderabad. Pune of course was the seat of Peshwa administered Maratha empire.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 08 Jan 2014 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

More AAP benefits that mangoman will feel. Hope they enjoy it as much as the free water and bijli:

http://www.hindustantimes.com//india-ne ... 70465.aspx
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

At the very least, he should stop attacking dead-horse Rahul & start attacking the socialist, license-raj AAP as nothing more than Congress in new clothes. The criticism has to be nuanced - he should say that he agrees with the anti-corruption movement & showcase examples in BJP led states. But he should viciously attack Kashmir-separatist stance of AAP. Once he shoots across the bow, others will follow. Yes, he will potentially lose some AAP voters who might have voted for him, but he risks losing a lot more if he keeps mum about AAP
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Perhaps this thread needs to be renamed as NaMo vs License Raj or NaMo vs Anti-national forces. There is a new enemy & though the enemy is propped up by the dynasty, he is not the dynasty himself
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

they could automate this transportation business completely in desh.. it would call for systemic change.

1. make all transportation credit card /nfc based.
2. service providers provides card swipe devices, with gps/3g/4g based metering system.
3. no talking with rickwalas or taxiwalas.. no luggage charges - luggage charge should be banned
4. fixed rate and federated billing
5. service providers can goto bank to get their money or keep it for some SB %interest.
6. no quota system for upper class or lower class or firang or italian class passengers at different rates. :P
7. can be augmented with self-driven rick stations later on.. swipe your card, drive your rick, park at designated place and move. [heck, i just gave a brilliant idea :D ]