BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by krishnan »

book marked :mrgreen:
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

I won't be talking openly about this without something prompted me to say so. I'm sure something will happen and sure I will comeback to say I said so. :D
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

kanson ji if something was worth hiding by your source and if that something would allow you to claim 'I said so', then probably you should not have said it in the first place.

Just kidding :D. Bookmarked too.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

SriKumar wrote:
Rahul Mehta wrote: ....... video crossed 110,000 views !! Pls see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5vH5VZX6XI . And there 8 copies of this video across youtube and total views crossed 200,000 !! .
Rahul mian...a general comment about your videos vs. your posts. For some odd reason, your videos are much more believable/credible than your posts. I dont know whether it is because it is in colloquial Hindi with some sprinkling of angrezie words (vs. your posts which are angrezi) or whether you have a lot more time in video to convey your point, or whether it is the support of pictures that you can show in your video (which cannot be done in posts) or whether your sincerity and calmness comes across better in video (vs. posts), or maybe it is the fact that people can associate a face with the words in the video. The difference between the two is not minor or trivial. When your NBJP or other posts are read, some of them sound repetitive, disruptively funny (or irritating to some) or just plain unbelievable. That issue is somehow not there in the videos...you dont look or sound crazy/out-there ...and I mean this in a good sense... :) .
:D well, you know I like to share a few things here if it is alright to share such thing. He has all the right ideas but he has the habit of take things more seriously, more importantly, at all times. Perennially, while discussing political issues, being a politician, he is in the role of Opposition forever while making political discussion.

Added for more clarification: While he address us, the commons, it is from the 'Opposition benches', while in Utube it is more like addressing his own party members. Having said that, I support his several stands, such as, if you want your things done, don't wait for this PM or that PM. I welcome such stand!
Last edited by Kanson on 13 Jan 2014 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Jan 13, 2014
By Sowmya Aji
I was the second most targeted CM after Modi: BSY: Bangalore Mirror
The melodramatic firebrand in B S Yeddyurappa is back. Three days after the 70-year-old former chief minister merged his regional outfit Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) into the parent Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Yeddyurappa told Bangalore Mirror on Sunday that he is ''relaxed and now freed from the guilt'' of destroying the party which built him up. He declares that neither he nor any family member will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, even if Rahul Gandhi is in the fray. To questions on whether his 'taint' and jail term would harm BJP prospects in the Aam Aadmi world of politics, he shot back: ''Even 'Mr Clean' Arvind Kejriwal has cases of rioting and assault on public servants against him. Is he tainted?'' Excerpts from an interview :

Has the BJP welcomed you back with a room at Jagannath Bhavan (party headquarters in Bangalore)?
I am the one who got a case cleared and sanctioned the land for Jagannath Bhavan. The whole place is mine, why should I get a room there? My return to the BJP is like Sankranti -- it has both yellu (til-bitter) and bella (jaggery-sweet).

This time last year, you told everyone that BJP leaders had back-stabbed you.
What I said then still holds good. It was true. But I have put aside all my bitterness and hurt to return to the BJP for just one reason: I want to see Narendra Modi as Prime Minister. I am the first person in the BJP who said Modi should get that post. I see no alternative to him to lead this country and make it a power to reckon with in the world. Our NRI boys are ruling the world, but hang their heads in shame to see the state of India. Only Modi can change this.

You have lost the independence which KJP gave you?
I have national interests in mind. Regional parties end up breaking the nation, I want the nation to be united and powerful. There is no option to a national party ruling at the Centre.

Are you not a liability to the BJP because of the chargesheets against you and a jail term?
I am not convicted in any case. I am the second 'most-targetted' CM after Modi. All the charges against me made by Justice Santosh Hegde have been dismissed in the Karnataka High Court and the Supreme Court. No other leader in the country, let alone a CM, has ever gone to jail on a charge that has not been proven. The 'clean' chief minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, has cases relating to assault of public servants, armed with deadly weapons and rioting against him. But no one asks him to resign or calls him tainted. Double standards are at play, as there is no such thing as a good IPC case or a bad one.

What is your opinion of the Aam Aadmi Party and the measures they are undertaking?
The people are supporting whoever takes up any issue in the name of anti-corruption. Like the rest of the country, I am waiting and watching their experiment.

For long, you and Ananthkumar called yourselves ''Hakka and Bukka,'' the founders of Vijayanagar empire. Are you back to that camaraderie?
At that point, we were the only leaders taking the party forward. Now there are many leaders. We will not call ourselves any names, but we will all work unitedly for the Lok Sabha polls. We have buried our differences.

What are your preparations for the Lok Sabha polls? There is an indication that Rahul Gandhi may contest from Udupi-Chikmagalur or your constituency, Shimoga..
I told people long ago that Rahul Gandhi will contest from Karnataka, because no other state is 'safe' for them. As for Shimoga, I am not contesting and I do not want my son or any other family member to contest. I am proud of the work my son has already done there, but I and my family members will tour the state and build up the party. We will ensure that my dream of making Modi the PM comes true.

What about your followers? Are they being accommodated in the BJP? There are some rumblings about Shobha Karandlaje and V Dhananjay Kumar..
At taluk and district level, everyone is being accommodated. Other than these, I won't take any names and I am not asking for anything for specific followers. If the BJP thinks my supporters can be given something, they will be. I will not fight for them.

What is your opinion of the Siddaramaiah government? Are you going to be de-facto opposition leader in the assembly?
I have not asked for any post, but I will do my duty as an MLA and take up issues like Shaadi Bhagya. We had lots of hopes of Siddaramaiah, he seems to have lost his way. His party is not allowing him to function. Look at Bangalore road condition, it is enough to make one cry.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

now even paid media is reporting Prashant Bhushan wants referendum for removal of police in naxal area. it appears after initial period of high dose +ve media attention which AAP has got used to now, gradually negative news is being trickled down, any one to guide here what could be game plan?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

ravi_g wrote:Garu this is emotional blackmailing :).

Durbar make sense only if the population of the whole world is only 1 Crore and people travel 2-3 days to reach the ruler seeking help on matters they cannot resolve by themselves.

The junata of Delhi NCR alone is 2 Cr. today and these things do not work and cannot work. After all dharma gets served best when we change with times.

Like this:
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-sw ... ve-1405061

And here is what they claim they have achieved:
http://gil.gujarat.gov.in/swagat.html

And this is proof (comments section and dates of posts) enough that even if the claims are exaggerated (which I expect NaMo to do :) BTW) the mango people are actually involved and feel involved:

http://www.narendramodi.in/swagat-onlin ... rievances/

Dekha kabhi kabhi chela bhi guru ko khuch sikha sakta hai. :D
Saar,
I know about that. It is just an online version of Dharbaar concept. I assumed that everyone knew about it, so didn't mention in my post. I mentioned Chandhra Babu's phone call programme, it is also similar variation of Dharbaar.

Now, why should it be either this or that?
The best thing is to use all of them.
Create an online grievance redressal system where people can complaint against babucracy's corruption or inefficiency or even the policy matters of sarkaar.
Create a phoneline where people can talk and convey their opinions or complaints directly to their elected representatives or the top ruler.
Conduct Dharbaars where people can come in person and interact with the elected representatives or the top ruler.

Each of these methods has its own advantage and should be used.

Similarly, another variation of the same idea is 'prajala vaddhaku paalana' of Chandhrababu or even the annual event conducted by NaMo where they go to the people(instead of people coming to them). In NaMo's case, he goes along with his entire babucracy apparently. YSR was on a similar trip when he died a horrible death.

Another variation of the same idea is that instead of one single dharbaar by CM, one can have multiple dharbaars by various ministers or MLAs in their respective constituents(which will make it easier to manage).

One should always encourage any programme that involves the ruled people being able to directly interact with rulers especially where they can give their opinions or lodge their complaints.

In a way, parliament or assembly idea is actually a variation of Dharbaar concept.

I think this sort of thing should be coded into constitution, so that the rulers are made to stay in touch with the people and therefore cannot ignore the people completely. The dilli dharbaar was good because it showed that there are lots of problems in dilli which need to be tackled and mere posturing by the Fordriwal won't be enough.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Vikatan is a quite popular paper/magazine outlet in TN, they conducted a survey,

Q7: Who should be the next PM:

MMS: 7.72%
Raga: 15.63%
Namo:48.49%
JJ: 12.47%
Others: 16.19%

Q8: Which Coalition will you vote for in the National Elections

Congress+ 10.21%
BJP+ 40.88%
DMK+ 21.77%
ADMK+ 22.7%
PMK+4.44%
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

^^^ That's a good sample size. Almost 10K people in TN.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Rahul Mehta wrote: Btw, my anti-AK video crossed 110,000 views !! Pls see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5vH5VZX6XI . And there 8 copies of this video across youtube and total views crossed 200,000 !! God alone knows WhatApp count !! I hope I have reduced at least 1000 AAP votes if not more.
I liked you comment about "None of the Above".

BTW, Congress using proxies is no secret. They have been doing it for 30 years. AAP is the latest victim of congress.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

this time NDA has to be more than 50% or else India will get AAPified.

So nautanki from D4 or anyone else.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

muraliravi wrote:Vikatan is a quite popular paper/magazine outlet in TN, they conducted a survey,

Congress+ 10.21%
BJP+ 40.88%
DMK+ 21.77%
ADMK+ 22.7%
PMK+4.44%
such a tectonic shift possible?
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Muppalla wrote:
muraliravi wrote:Vikatan is a quite popular paper/magazine outlet in TN, they conducted a survey,

Congress+ 10.21%
BJP+ 40.88%
DMK+ 21.77%
ADMK+ 22.7%
PMK+4.44%
such a tectonic shift possible?
Vikatan is found mostly in the hands of educated folks, saar. If it is a survey of their reader base, I can understand that figure. Otherwise, as you say, it is truly tectonic. But even otherwise, it is a huge shift.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Nageshks: The survey was not conducted via their magazine. They sent 90 people through out TN, and surveyed 9,174 (3,402 were women).

http://www.vikatan.com/new/article.php? ... &aid=91239

devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

me thinks AAP is as much meant to dent BJP as it is a warning to INC. the externals are saying to INC-wallahs "if you loose the plot, we have backup plan".

time for the wheels within wheels in INC to do a rethink. even if they have to hoist the daughter in the short term, as a stop-gap for coming realignment, it should be fine. this AAP demon is the new plan for India if the BJP and the last remnants of conscience within INC don't get their game together.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Farzi get 'Z' category security in Uttar Pradesh
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

ashashi wrote:
Rahul Mehta wrote: Btw, my anti-AK video crossed 110,000 views !! Pls see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5vH5VZX6XI . And there 8 copies of this video across youtube and total views crossed 200,000 !! God alone knows WhatApp count !! I hope I have reduced at least 1000 AAP votes if not more.
I liked you comment about "None of the Above".

BTW, Congress using proxies is no secret. They have been doing it for 30 years. AAP is the latest victim of congress.
I hold a candle for this victim. BTW did you see the videos for the 'attack' on Vishwas. The prompting to the attackers is clearly visible.
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

Anecdotal evidence with a very limited sample size so take it FWIW .... met some relatives from my wife's side yesterday. They belong to Shimoga/Bhadravathi/Davengere belt. One of them (wife's mother's sister's husband) is a PA to some Congress MLA and in his side of the family all older generation folks are Congress supporters but the younger generation (college students) are all Modi supporters. Asked one guy who is studying in an engineering college in Shimoga about what people in his college and students he knows in other colleges feel. Reply was all are Modi-fied. Asked about AAP, his reponse was that not much traction for AAP in college students in that area as students are impressed with Modi's vision and track record.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Pawan Durani ‏@PawanDurani 1m

What @ArvindKejriwal and #AAP didn't 'again' tell Delhi wallas again again took them for a ride they deserve pic.twitter.com/dVSbgIQPaY

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Modi Bharosa ‏@ModiBharosa 2m

The #AAP forgot how to handle one aspect of a democracy, the Aam Aadmis! #YoKejriwalSoHonest? Toon by @abhikini pic.twitter.com/T6EB66bDJO

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Rahul Mehta wrote: So say N out of 100 voters have said that they will vote for NaMo. Now how many may get swayed by paid-media in coming 4 months? Hard to predict, But even it is 5%, then you know that American-elitemen will win this election.
Rahul-ji,
I went through your video. It is very useful and informative in some ways, and it is something I can recommend to a hardcore BJP supporter (the kind that the MSM is unlikely to convert), but not something I can recommend to a marginal BJP supporter, much less a neutral educated guy or a marginal Congressi. I would go a bit lighter on the rhetoric (Surpanakha Gandhi, Paid Media, etc). You are trying to reach a wider audience, and your own rhetoric comes in the way.
Last edited by Shanmukh on 13 Jan 2014 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

ramana wrote:this time NDA has to be more than 50% or else India will get AAPified.

So nautanki from D4 or anyone else.
Saar, word is that LKA has been promised Rashtrapati Bhavan
susuma has been told to behave or else no ticket for loksabha onree nomination to RS which will
kill her career and if mogambo kush hua then LS speaker's seat as a carrot of course.
Vijay Goel has been told he will have to contest from Chandini chowk as a prize for his sabotaging
nai dilli.
shotgun babu will work for the cause :mrgreen: no tikit wikit.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

EconomicTimes ‏@EconomicTimes 6m

#Ambani cos' tussle with #AAP govt intensifies http://ow.ly/svYnd I via @ETIndustryNews
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

RAW Officer Exposed AAP

--------------------------------->>
BJP Faizabad ‏@BJPFaizabad 1m

Prahshant Bhusan #AAP is an ISI Agent. : Ex Raw Chief and Gen. G.D Bakhshi
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

DelhiMuse ‏@DelhiMuse 6m

#AAP Arvind Kejriwal silent on massive corruption of DJB procurement of 19 lakh water meters Congress Govt of SheilaD http://shar.es/9SsMD
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

EconomicTimes ‏@EconomicTimes 9m

#BJP to up ante, paint #AAP as #Congress proxy http://ow.ly/svYC4 I via @ETPolitics
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

AAP is running sms and email campaigns now to gather 1 cr members. there is no membership fee. you just need to sms a few details.

as usual, some itivity types have fallen for the bait and are fwding these mails all over like apartment mailing lists.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Singha wrote:AAP is running sms and email campaigns now to gather 1 cr members. there is no membership fee. you just need to sms a few details.

as usual, some itivity types have fallen for the bait and are fwding these mails all over like apartment mailing lists.
Out of curiosity, what privacy are they offering over the personal details? Will you get Medha Patkar newsletters if you sign up for AAP? Or Uthayakumar's anti nuclear plant rants?
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Wtf , partition style marking of hindus as was done in pak in 1947???.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Hafiz Sayeed collecting funds in pakistan for AAP:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Translation: "I hafiz sayeed request all the pakistani people that collect as much money as you can for our well-wisher Aam Admi Party. This party can give us kashmir. We'll open heartedly collect money for AAP.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

no more junta durbar in Delhi , AK asserts. Another K turn.
IB issues alert to DP regarding threat to AK's life, to get Z category.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Medha Patekar to join AAP today
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Cut and paste from comments in msm.

AK is modern day reincarnation of Mohd Bin Tughlaq and his crazy ideas.

First he swore on his children that he will not form govt with congress and he did, then U turn on security, U turn on govt cars, U turn on govt bunglows, U turn on (twisted terms) for free water, U turn on power, U turn on Shiela Dixit investigation in CWG scam... just wait shortly AAP will do U turn on corruption and become BAAP of congress and corruption.

Unstable person throughout his career , will bring instability to India, unstable people supported him and now see all u turns , u turn as engineer, u turn as income tax officer, u turn with Anna and now u turn on metro rise, u turn on darbar system, u turn on water, u turn in power, u turn to congress and embrace them for survival
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

IndraD wrote:no more junta durbar in Delhi , AK asserts. Another K turn.
AK should be protected as much as possible. Any harm to him or any near/dear ones will be disastrous for India, the whole Nationalist agenda in India will be subverted for another generation or two. What stops the powers that be to redo a NG 2.0? It will be disastrous for our country.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

prahaar wrote:
IndraD wrote:no more junta durbar in Delhi , AK asserts. Another K turn.
AK should be protected as much as possible. Any harm to him or any near/dear ones will be disastrous for India, the whole Nationalist agenda in India will be subverted for another generation or two. What stops the powers that be to redo a NG 2.0? It will be disastrous for our country.
my opinion is that tuglaq durbar has been brushed aside due to security alert
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

On the AAP referendum fuss, i think the only way is the Integration Referendum, some points:

1. Non sanctity of State boundaries historic in India. Have always been fluid.
2. China-Pak have already violated State boundaries in J & K.

Thus as result of 1 and 2 above: The only referendum India can hold is an Integration referendum asking which subregions/districts would like to continue with Art 370. Jammu and Ladhak combined are 85% of the state area and include all the rivers. Better still is that 70 and 76% of the people want full integration with India.

Time is very less..IM population in these areas is increasing so drastically that in 15 years only the population will be M majority. Islamization of this area will prevent it's integration in the Future ever! So we must conduct INtegration Referendums and integrate different districts and subregions into the Indian union. That will leave a rump of the Kashmir valley and some adjoining districts with Art 370. Then we settle Indians and develop Jammu and Ladhak. This is the only way today to save Kashmir. And the best part:

1. It respects the wishes of the people of the region
2. It is in line with UN Principles.

Separatists and the moralists in the West cannot counter this.

Please do read this article, suggest improvements and help spread the idea:

http://vicharprachar.wordpress.com/2014 ... eferendum/
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ibnlive

New Delhi: Amidst speculation on Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's role in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections in Congress, party spokesperson Ajay Maken has said that she will campaign only in Amethi and Raebareli. Congress sources have also said that Priyanka will monitor the Congress's campaigns across India.
Priyanka Gandhi's meeting with senior Congress leaders last week had created a buzz. Priyanka held a meeting with a few senior Congress leaders in New Delhi on January 7 and with party Vice President Rahul Gandhi not attending the meeting, the development had sparked speculations that she could be playing a bigger role in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. The party, however, insisted that she will limit her work to the family bastions of Amethi and Raebareli.
ALSO SEE Priyanka meets Congress leaders, speculation over her role in LS polls rises
The meeting came ahead of reports that the party is looking at a possible reshuffle ahead of the general elections and raised questions of Priyanka now stepping in actively.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 6m

Activist Medha Patkar says there'll be further discussion with #AAP, makes it clear she hasn't joined the party yet. http://goo.gl/u9QeDb
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Farzi is doing U-turns so fast and furious it has become difficult to follow him now.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Medha Patkar would keep NBA separate from AAP and become a convenor of sorts I suppose.
Now we have one anti nuclear guy and one anti hydro power woman. AAP should look for a anti thermal/coal power guy to complete the trifecta.
We can buy one billion cycles with dynamos and pedal the nation to superpowerdom. Or like Matrix our body's energy can be used to electrify the country. We can all sleep in cocoon dreaming about Kejriwal.
What a clown party.