Republic day 2014

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Republic day 2014

Post by uddu »

The republic day is fast approaching. Dont' want to miss the news and pictures before 26th, hence this article.
Preparing for rehearsal, early morning.

:)
NCC camp 2014
More images at
http://eprahaar.in/ncc-republic-day-parade-camp-2014/
uddu
BRF Oldie

Re: Republic day 2014

Post by uddu »

Japanese PM Abe to be Republic Day chief guest
Link
India has invited Japanese Prime Minister (PM) Shinzo Abe to be the chief guest during the Republic Day function here on January 26. This is the first time a Japan dignitary has been invited for the parade.

The move is expected to boost strategic and business ties between both as Abe will be accompanied by a huge business delegation comprising mostly representatives of small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Republic Day 2014 - Rehearsals..
Here is a picture of IA Para Commandos marching

Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Republic Day 2014 - Rehearsals..

Navy Band practicing with India Gate in the background... all enveloped in a dense fog... gives a surreal feeling. Image

more pics can be seen at http://www.firstpost.com/delhi/photos-r ... 853.html/2
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Cross posting from LCA Forum.

Republic Day 2014 - Curtain Raiser
DRDO Contingent at the Republic Day Parade‐2014
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Vast improvement in available webcasts. The last site is excellent and has link for Prez address on Jan 25, 7pm IST

Sunday 26th January 2014
From 09:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayJ81ZuA2c
http://www.youtube.com/DoordarshanNational
http://www.ddinews.gov.in
http://www.webcast.gov.in/live/
http://www.republicday.nic.in/
http://www.knowindia.gov.in/republicday/rpday.php
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Left, right, right, left… Military out of step

Problems between Army and Air Force during full dress rehearsal.
vaibhav.n
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vaibhav.n »

Pre-cursor to Republic Day, but relevant.

Army Day Parade 2014
[youtube]qsTqsXPSfIY&list=UUSjPe5kinQtwcyHcFJyyMfw[/youtube]
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

PIB:Transportable Satellite Terminal passes through the Rajpath during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day Parade-2014, in New Delhi on January 23, 2014

High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/l2014012352260.jpg
Last edited by dinesha on 24 Jan 2014 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

PIB:Brahmos WPN System passes through the Rajpath during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day Parade-2014, in New Delhi on January 23, 2014.
High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/l2014012352261.jpg

PIB:Smerch 300 MM Multi Rocket Launcher System passes through the Rajpath during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day Parade-2014, in New Delhi on January 23, 2014.
High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/l2014012352262.jpg

PIB:OSA- AK Weapon System passes through the Rajpath during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day Parade-2014, in New Delhi on January 23, 2014.
High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/l2014012352263.jpg
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

PIB:The tableau of Indian Navy passes through the Rajpath during the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day Parade-2014, in New Delhi on January 23, 2014.
High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/s2014012352265.jpg

PIB: HELINA & ASTRA
High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/l2014012352266.jpg

PIB:LCA
High Res: http://pib.nic.in/photo//2014/Jan/l2014012352267.jpg
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Some changes can be made in what is displayed and what should be displayed?
There can be some simple rules which can be enforced that can make the parade a lot better.
1) Always showcase indigenous weapon systems.
{ex: instead of OSA, always showcase Akash-i, ii, Arjun MK-1 and MK-II instead of T-90s and T-72s, Dhruvs instead of Chetaks. Always Pinaka instead of Smerch. This applied to things like Brahmos with Block I, II, III etc can be showcased once it gets inducted.}
2) Any induction of foreign maal will be displayed only once on the year of its induction or the next year, not on all years. Major improvements can be shown once that gets inducted.
3) Flight display always by Tejas and vertical charlie by Su-30 MKI
4) All display must meet good quality and stringent requirements. The money whatever be spend be spend wisely. Here also display indigenous tech instead of foreign maal. Arihant instead of Kilo. Even the Saryu class patrol vessel must have been appropriate over foreign stuff.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

dna ‏@dna 17m

Doordarshan to telecast Republic Day ceremony on HD channel, Youtube http://dnai.in/c3Kr
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Full text of President Pranab Mukherjee's address
My Fellow Citizens,

On the eve of 65th Republic Day, I extend warm greetings to all of you in India and abroad. I convey my special greetings to members of our Armed Forces, Paramilitary Forces and Internal Security Forces.

The Republic Day commands the respect of every Indian. On this day, sixty four years ago, in a remarkable display of idealism and courage, we the people of India gave to ourselves a sovereign democratic republic to secure all its citizens justice, liberty and equality. We undertook to promote among all citizens fraternity, the dignity of the individual and the unity of the nation. These ideals became the lodestar of the modern Indian State. Democracy became our most precious guide towards peace and regeneration from the swamp of poverty created by centuries of colonial rule. From within the spacious provisions of our Constitution, India has grown into a beautiful, vibrant, and sometimes noisy democracy. For us, the democracy is not a gift, but the fundamental right of every citizen; for those in power democracy is a sacred trust. Those who violate this trust commit sacrilege against the nation.

Some cynics may scoff at our commitment to democracy but our democracy has never been betrayed by the people; its fault-lines, where they exist, are the handiwork of those who have made power a gateway to greed. We do feel angry, and rightly so, when we see democratic institutions being weakened by complacency and incompetence. If we hear sometimes an anthem of despair from the street, it is because people feel that a sacred trust is being violated.

Fellow Citizens,

Corruption is a cancer that erodes democracy, and weakens the foundations of our state. If Indians are enraged, it is because they are witnessing corruption and waste of national resources. If governments do not remove these flaws, voters will remove governments.

Equally dangerous is the rise of hypocrisy in public life. Elections do not give any person the licence to flirt with illusions. Those who seek the trust of voters must promise only what is possible. Government is not a charity shop. Populist anarchy cannot be a substitute for governance. False promises lead to disillusionment, which gives birth to rage, and that rage has one legitimate target: those in power.

This rage will abate only when governments deliver what they were elected to deliver: social and economic progress, not at a snail's pace, but with the speed of a racehorse. The aspirational young Indian will not forgive a betrayal of her future. Those in office must eliminate the trust deficit between them and the people. Those in politics should understand that every election comes with a warning sign: perform, or perish.

I am not a cynic because I know that democracy has this marvellous ability to self-correct. It is the physician that heals itself, and 2014 must become a year of healing after the fractured and contentious politics of the last few years.

My Fellow Citizens,

The last decade witnessed the emergence of India as one of the fastest growing economies in the world. The slowdown of our economy in the last two years can be some cause for concern but none for despair. The green shoots of revival are already visible. The agricultural growth in the first half of this year has touched 3.6 per cent and rural economy is buoyant.

2014 is a precipice moment in our history. We must re-discover that sense of national purpose and patriotism, which lifts the nation above and across the abyss; and back on to the road of prosperity. Give the young jobs and they will raise the villages and cities to 21st century standards. Give them a chance and you will marvel at the India they can create.

This chance will not come if India does not get a stable government. This year, we will witness the 16th General Election to our Lok Sabha. A fractured government, hostage to whimsical opportunists, is always an unhappy eventuality. In 2014, it could be catastrophic. Each one of us is a voter; each one of us has a deep responsibility; we cannot let India down. It is time for introspection and action.

India is not just a geography: it is also a history of ideas, philosophy, intellect, industrial genius, craft, innovation, and experience. The promise of India has sometimes been mislaid by misfortune; at other times by our own complacence and weakness. Destiny has given us another opportunity to recover what we have lost; we will have no one to blame but ourselves if we falter.

Fellow Citizens,

A democratic nation is always involved in argument with itself. This is welcome, for we solve problems through discussion and consent, not force. But healthy differences of opinion must not lead to an unhealthy strife within our polity. Passions are rising over whether we should have smaller states to extend equitable development to all parts of a state. A debate is legitimate but it should conform to democratic norms. The politics of divide and rule has extracted a heavy price on our subcontinent. If we do not work together, nothing ever will work.

India must find its own solutions to its problems. We must be open to all knowledge; to do otherwise would be to condemn our nation to the misery of a stagnant mire. But we should not indulge in the easy option of mindless imitation, for that can lead us to a garden of weeds. India has the intellectual prowess, the human resource and financial capital to shape a glorious future. We possess a dynamic civil society with an innovative mindset. Our people, whether in villages or cities, share a vibrant, unique consciousness and culture. Our finest assets are human.

Fellow Citizens,

Education has been an inseparable part of the Indian experience. I am not talking only of the ancient institutions of excellence like Takshashila or Nalanda, but of an age as recent as the 17th and 18th centuries. Today, our higher educational infrastructure consists of over 650 universities and 33,000 colleges. The quality of education has to be the focus of our attention now. We can be world leaders in education, if only we discover the will and leadership to take us to that pinnacle. Education is no longer just the privilege of the elite, but a universal right. It is the seed of a nation's destiny. We must usher in an education revolution that becomes a launching pad for the national resurgence.

I am being neither immodest, nor beating a false drum, when I claim that India can become an example to the world. Because, the human mind flourishes best when it is, as the great sage Rabindranath Tagore said, free from fear; when it has the liberty to roam into spheres unknown; in search of wisdom; and when the people have the fundamental right to propose as well as oppose.

My Fellow Citizens,

There will be a new government before I speak to you again on the eve of our Independence Day. Who wins the coming election is less important than the fact that whosoever wins must have an undiluted commitment to stability, honesty, and the development of India. Our problems will not disappear overnight. We live in a turbulent part of the world where factors of instability have grown in the recent past. Communal forces and terrorists will still seek to destabilize the harmony of our people and the integrity of our state but they will never win. Our security and armed forces, backed by the steel of popular support, have proved that they can crush an enemy within; with as much felicity as they guard our frontiers. Mavericks who question the integrity of our armed services are irresponsible and should find no place in public life.

India's true strength lies in her Republic; in the courage of her commitment, the sagacity of her Constitution, and the patriotism of her people. 1950 saw the birth of our Republic. I am sure that 2014 will be the year of resurgence.

Jai Hind!"
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Wishing all Indians and PIOs all over the world a very happy republic day.
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

Wishing all of my fellow citizens A Happy Republic Day in 2014 :D 8)
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

DRDO float is a honorable second after IN float. Missiles and aircraft in cotton wool? :rotfl: Couldnt be bothered to even cover the top of the first float.

Looks like this year some one firm got all the contracts for the floats and has screwed everyone.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Happy republic day to all. proud to be Indian
member_23455
BRFite

Post by member_23455 »

uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Happy Republic day 2014
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Live telecast of - 65th Republic Day Parade - 26th January 2014 on youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayJ81ZuA2c
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Some pseudo secular ad being run by DD? Showcasing Bappi Jappi with Pakis. So many desh drohis within India. Then why think about any enemies outside. :evil:
Last edited by uddu on 26 Jan 2014 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

This time i'll surely campaign for Modi. Actively. If those parts upto Persia can be part of India and all pesudos send to Arabia..i'll surely campaign for Modi.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

DD is making complete mockery of the R day transmission. Though it is a nobel idea of having deaf and mute narration alongside, the way the screen is divided is so obstructive and distracting that we all are keep looking at the lady. so stupid. I wonder how could people with smaller screen must be watching this? there must be a better way to show this.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

found a solution. I am now using a towel to cover right side of my television and pretending my tv screen is small.

no disrespect to deaf and mute.
Siddhu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Siddhu »

Happy republic day to all
VijayN
BRFite -Trainee

Post by VijayN »

Thank you God for am blessed to be an Indian.

May this country and it's people prosper.

Jai Hind.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Happy Republic Day All

Thanks for starting this thread uddu ji. Request all to keep politics out :twisted: but still. The society oldies are playing "Watan ki raah mein watan ke naujawan shaheed ho pukaarte hain ye zameen-o-aasmaan shaheed ho". We have come a long way since that and yet to make something like that to rally ourselves around.

Maroon Berets are here. But they were shown for such a small moment.

My son watching with intent. :D
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

What! No helicopter dropping flowers! No prithvi no Agni !
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Magnificent spectacle, not marred by the pompous, stilted narration and the cutaways to politicians.

Watching DD, so far I haven't seen the sign language translator on my screen.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

no Agni and SLBM!! Shinzo effect?
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

awesome telecast by DD on youtube!
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

I'll definitely watch RD parade live one day. How easy is it to get tickets for aam aadmi like me?
member_23455
BRFite

Post by member_23455 »

Early impressions of the telecast:

1. DD tom-tomming HD coverage yet broadcasting on tellies in SD.
2. Ashok Chakra coverage was rather poignant - at least the DD producer cut away to the family at the right time.
3. I thought the armed forces contingents were scaled down - austerity?
4. Embarassing tableaux - IN, IAF, DRDO - Can we ask Abe san for some tech support!
5. The Para (SF) stompfest is here to stay, it is to weep, or laugh.
6. The BSF camel contingent should get the best contingent award everytime - it's not even a contest
:)
....let's see if the weather clears up for the flypast.
bahdada
BRFite

Post by bahdada »

Tipu Sultan on the Karnataka float. Dafaq.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Here come the guys drinking tea on motorbikes.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Some chap passed by sitting sideways on a bike drinking coffee :D or is it tea?

Surreal... but we are like that only, I suppose.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

I think the narrative was good
No zooming in on Neta's face when a contingent was going past the saluting base.
Coverage was pretty good quality on DD's Youtube..

Overall a great show.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

No Tejas flypast or did I miss it?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Wait....I thought there was no Ashok Chakra awarded this year? Can someone confirm?