India-US Strategic News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US Strategic News and Discussion

Post by Vayutuvan »

Shreeman wrote:I will add two unrelated pigeon droppings, they are geographically and tangentially relevant onlee. There is this shall we called "artist". He is not in the mold of what you typically think of "artists". Not someone "small", shall we say. So much so, that random higher than DK class babudom ends up being his psuedo-shishyas in least expected places. Without him knowing. This forum has surprised me by having a couple of fanatics
This is both in the GMT+ areas. There is nothing political/economical/anything about this, absolutely nothing that one could find an "angle" in. Definitely back to the cave, now. Not coming out again, not even if you ask me.
Shree(cave)man: Before going on your long spelunking adventure, please to give a hint to decode the details of this tantalizing post.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

AmberG: Unfortunately the Demikats are going to be in 400% cover-up mode. All the guilty parties are Demikat appointees/cheerleaders. No hope there. "PB's mentor" is the problem. Royce is the only American official / lawmaker/judge to have so far said anything sensible in this whole affair. But that is a great departure from prior form. His website is right now featuring his brave stand against Hyooman Trafficking. :roll:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

AmberG: The republic day doodle is only on Google India homepage. It would have made sense to have had it in the country of Google worldwide HQ which would be the US homepage considering the way Google was treated in that great land of Democracy - China. A lot of PIOs who were educated in India contribut{ed,ing} to the rise of Google including the late Prof. Motwani.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Interestingly, Ed Royce's web page has story about human trafficking (Not about DK though) as the top news story. I wonder if he is involved in anyway (as member of congressional committee) in these matters.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

UlanBatori wrote:AmberG: Unfortunately the Demikats are going to be in 400% cover-up mode. All the guilty parties are Demikat appointees/cheerleaders. No hope there. "PB's mentor" is the problem. Royce is the only American official / lawmaker/judge to have so far said anything sensible in this whole affair. But that is a great departure from prior form. His website is right now featuring his brave stand against Hyooman Trafficking. :roll:
You may be right but I don't think it is that binary bit between Demikrats and Repubs. My circle (though I live in a very republican precinct) at present consists of some pukka "demikats" as one can imagine, but I don't find too many people, even those who were great admirer of Schumer, PB, defending PB. (In fact, I have yet to see a single PB supporter in my circle still supporting or making an excuse for PB in DK's case ... No, no one is going to come out and criticize their own people publicly - Heck even GOI spokespeople are being cautious when they talk about the culprits)

Besides, some one has to educate them, so it might as well be us.

Seriously, calling, or sending a letter to US-India Caucus is not a bad thing. Emphasize that such stunts do not help US-India relations, they only hurt everyone.

Here is the list of India Senate Caucus, (Both Repubs and Dems)

(google the name of your senator to find the contact info)
---
Senator John Cornyn, co-founder and co-chair
Senator Mark Warner, co-chair
Senator Mark Begich
Senator Michael F. Bennet
Senator Barbara Boxer
Senator Sherrod Brown
Senator Maria Cantwell
Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr.
Senator Saxby Chambliss
Senator Thad Cochran
Senator Christopher A. Coons
Senator Mike Crapo
Senator Richard J. Durbin
Senator Dianne Feinstein
Senator Kirsten E. Gillibrand
Senator Lindsey Graham
Senator Chuck Grassley
Senator Orrin G. Hatch
Senator Johnny Isakson
Senator Mark Kirk
Senator Amy Klobuchar
Senator Mary L. Landrieu
Senator Carl Levin
Senator Robert Menendez
Senator Jeff Merkley
Senator Barbara A. Mikulski
Senator Jack Reed
Senator John D. Rockefeller IV
Senator Charles E. Schumer *** (He is the one who groomed PB) **
Senator Jeanne Shaheen
Senator Debbie Stabenow
Senator David Vitter
Senator Roger F. Wicker
Senator Ron Wyden

BTW, Chuck Schumer's office can be called at (202) 224-6542
Or you can send him a message (Required skill cut and paste):
https://www.schumer.senate.gov/Contact/ ... _chuck.cfm
Last edited by Amber G. on 29 Jan 2014 03:38, edited 3 times in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

saip wrote:Interestingly, Ed Royce's web page has story about human trafficking (Not about DK though) as the top news story. I wonder if he is involved in anyway (as member of congressional committee) in these matters.
Ed Royce, IIRC is the founding (or at least for a very long time) member of house Caucus for US-India ( and Indian-Americans).

(At present he serves as Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. He remains an active member of the India Caucus and he seeks council from the Indian-American community.)

Has been strong voice and supporter for India (eg removing the sanctions etc after 98 tests..) and has traveled to India several times (way back in Clinton's time too). He has called out Paki terrorism without usual = = .

Interestingly his house dot gov website has this (attached to his bio)

ED'S INDIAN BIOGRAPHY

From above (added later:)
Royce has been instrumental in strengthening relations between the U.S. and India. Since 1993, Royce has been a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and is currently the Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. In the 107th session of Congress, Royce chaired the Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans. Starting with only 8 members, Royce helped build the caucus to become one of the largest in the House, with over 180 members.

In the 112th Congress, Royce again assumed co-chairmanship of the caucus, a role he used to address the U.S.-India business relationship and the threat India faces from Islamist extremism. As Chairman of Terrorism, Nonproliferation and Trade Subcommittee, Mr. Royce held a hearing last September entitled: “U.S.-India Counterterrorism Cooperation: Deepening the Partnership.”

Following the January 2001 earthquake in Gujarat, Royce led a Congressional Delegation to the ravaged area to help. As sister states, Gujarat and California both lie in earthquake prone areas. Royce worked to help the two to share information on early warning systems.

In 2001, Royce led the effort to lift sanctions against India, co-authoring legislation to lift all sanctions and economic restrictions imposed on India under the Clinton Administration. With this groundwork laid, the Administration moved to remove the sanctions on India in 2001.

One of Congress's experts on India, Royce managed legislation on the House floor in July 2006 to pass the historic U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement, beating back several "poison pill" amendments. As Royce said on the House floor: "Like in several other countries, nuclear energy is widely viewed as a critical technology (in India), one central to uplifting hundreds of millions of impoverished Indians." With his stewardship, the agreement passed and was signed into law.

In November 2008, Royce actively supported a resolution in condemning the horrific terrorist attacks that rocked Mumbai. Commenting on the attacks on the House floor, Royce stated: "What is clear is that Pakistan and South Asia is at a crossroads. Pakistanis have to make the fundamental decision to turn their backs on the culture of jihad. For if they don't, the future of their country, the region, and security in the world will be in peril." With Royce's support, the resolution passed last December.

In the 113th Congress, Royce serves as Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. He remains an active member of the India Caucus and he seeks council from the Indian-American community.

A California native, Royce is a graduate of California State University, Fullerton, School of Business Administration. Royce and his wife, Marie, have been married for 28 years.
Last edited by Amber G. on 29 Jan 2014 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Sen. David Vitter is (younger IIRC) of Prof. Jeffrey Vitter who is a well known Brown CS professor.

AmberG: thanks for the short on Congressman Ed Royce. He is genuinely interested in improving indo-US relations, looks like.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

UlanBatori wrote:AmberG: Unfortunately the Demikats are going to be in 400% cover-up mode. All the guilty parties are Demikat appointees/cheerleaders. No hope there. "PB's mentor" is the problem. Royce is the only American official / lawmaker/judge to have so far said anything sensible in this whole affair. But that is a great departure from prior form. His website is right now featuring his brave stand against Hyooman Trafficking. :roll:
BTW, UBji, as far as I can see in Daily news the comment “These social media posts are as offensive as they are moronic" quote did not come from Royce. (He might have made a stronger or similar statement but I am pointing out what was referred in Characha article). It came from a Democrat Rep. Eliot Engel from Bronx..
(Can you check your reference and also put what Royce said .. we should keep a record)

(BTW he is a close chum/supporter of Chuck Schemer (and PB democratic crowd in NY) and it is interesting to see these comments coming from PB royalists...)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He might have feedback from Wall Street types.
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

Amber G. wrote:^^^ I am sure you know it, but Ed Royce is Republican from California (orange county south Cal).
IMO the person who UBji should try to contact is Chuck Schumer, (A fairly sane and sensible guy, IMO, quite powerful and one of PB's biggest mentor)
So PB has arisen from the "Seed of Chucky" ?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ yes, that is very well known, Bharara served as the chief counsel to Senator Chuck Schumer and that's when he was noticed in the big league..CS lobbied for him to Obama etc..
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Amber G. wrote:Amit, I generally agree with your sensible posts, but casting SR as a victim is not sensible. (To be true, this was my initial thought when I did not know the details but not now).

She has to take responsibility. By all accounts, a nice position and the opportunity to be a part of DK's family, is being thrown away. She is an adult and type of excuse " I was misguided.. I am a victim onlee" is not only idiotic, it is evil

She has to take the responsibility. If she did not take part in this sorry disgusting crime, this disgusting episode would not have happened. More than any single person, she could have put a stop to all this, but she did NOT.. She does not deserve anyone's sympathy. She is NO victim. while DK is.

She had a choice... She need not listen to SD/CIA/DrunkDrivers/PB but she CHOSE to do what she did. She may not be very bright but it does not mean that she was an innocent victim.
Amber, maybe it didn't come across in the right manner. I have no sympathy at all for SR and I think her troubles - which will start when this issues settles one way or the other - serves her right.

What I meant when using the "victim" moniker is that she fell for what now appears to be a well-used modus operandi to lure maids of Indian diplomats to extract money. Look at what happened in Dayal's case. According to what he wrote, his maid had been with him through three tours of duty. And yet just as he was to come back from NYC, she turned around and levelled, among other charges, sexual exploitation.

Now my understanding is that an Indian woman in that class would not alleges something like that unless one of two things happens. One is that exploitation actually took place or two she was tutored to go that route. It's obvious that's what happened in Dayal's case as when he refused to negotiate, that allegation was quickly dropped.

I think the ease win in Dayal's case emboldened these "facilitators" and hence they went after SR. I meant "victim" in the sense that she was identified as a "target" or facilitator for this scam. It's SR's greed and stupidity which made her an active participant.

I do feel sorry for the children. The girl is 20 years old and was studying in college in Delhi, probably going by her age, either in second year or third year. She could have easily passed out of college and got a decent job. Thousands of girls like her are coming out of poverty with education provided by parents who themselves did not or could not get a decent education. Instead what is now likely to happen? The girl is not going to be able to complete any sort of college education in the US and what will she do? What about SR's son whose 19?

I think SR after having lived in a posh part of Manhattan began to think the whole of Amir Khan is like that onlee. After all this is over and she and her family are evicted from the Safe Haven accomodation, where are they going to live? In some poor locality in Brooklyn or Queens? Maybe New Jersey? Life can be tough in NYC is you don't have money. As i wrote before, SR's greed has effectively destroyed her family's future. If she thinks her current mentors are going to take care of her and her family then she's even more stupid than I thought.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Not to mention that if she at all returns to India, she'll be arrested because of the warrant out in her name. Even getting an American passport before that will not protect her from that. It may give her consular access, but we can argue, based on the precedent of the Edgar Arias case - where the US executed a Mexican without providing him consular access - as reason to decline consular access to SR if she's arrested in India. Further, Indian government position is that OCI cardholders are not entitled to consular access.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

shiv wrote:
amit wrote: a video which had a street shot of this lawyer lady walking on the streets with a file in her hand. Interestingly a tall guy who is definitely from the looks either North Indian or Pakistani accompanied her. They were talking to each other and then in the actual interview this lawyer was wearing the same clothes and had the same file and so both clips were taken on the same day. So three “South Asians” in the picture so far.
This guy?

Yes this guy
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

TSJones wrote: Actually I'm not too bright. I mean I'm still posting on this thread. But then you already knew that your intellectual skill sets are way superior to my poor powers. But really I'm not big on CTs the way some of the posters here are. It has to be patently obvious to me. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof..
You are brighter than you admit.

You are dead right when you quote the principle "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof", but you veer off track when you refer to CTs and forum jingos in the context of that statement.

The jingoistic rants on here have been asking the same question, "Who among the US SD or US police actually even think of extraordinary proof before making an extraordinary claim?"

Long ago I had concocted a story to illustrate what has been done by US attorneys and diplomats. It's the "You farted" game in which, out of the blue, someone accuses another person of farting, with nothing to prove that it happened. Once the accusation is made, the accused is "panted" and anyone else who might have done the farting gets away as attention is focused on the accused person who now has to disprove the allegation. Guilty until proven innocent

That is what happened to Devyani Khobragade. She was accused of being a slaver with no evidence, while slavery and cruelty all over the US will not make news in the media - and I really think they should make news in the Indian media. That is where I would like to see these reports appearing. In the Indian media.

Someone posted a link to a video of a Cincinnati girl being arrested (and later cavity searched and jailed) simply for saying one wrong word and not standing up the instant she was ordered to stand up. Clearly US police do not require extraordinary proof before making an extraordinary allegation. A policewoman in the video alleged that the girl need a cavity search in case she is hiding a weapon.

This is not really about how bright anyone might be. it's about the fact that the US is now a draconian police state where large numbers of American citizens are treated like dirt while US busies itself cleaning up other countries. This is no different from what the Soviet Union was accused of doing. The only odd thing about your statement is that you require ordinary people whom you describe as "jingos" to provide extraordinary proof for what you say is an extraordinary claim, but you, like all the other suppressed and gagged citizens of the US simply do not ask if the US police or state department have extraordinary proof for the extraordinary claims they make.

In fact your attitude is exactly what is encouraged in the US Question the small people about their motives. Leave the biggies alone. Or else...
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

ramana wrote:Vic, There are two hypothesis both premised on a single person with contacts at that level:

Wayne May as the regional BDS agent, running his own 400 strong militia, had the necessary contacts in Delhi Police.

Other is NSA Menonji who is the direct reciever of IB, RAW and DP. Th ePMO website has him as the ultimate reciever of all security information both internal and external.

First hypothesis has underlying premise of entire Delhi Police is a sold out organizaation. Probable but not plausible.

Second hypothesis has underlying premise that NSA understood the game going on and let the Richards out as a pro quid quo to let DK case be settled by PNG process.

There was an obscure report of an upset MMS calling the NSA and telling him to take care of the mess in gossip guru or Dilli Darbar squeaks or some such column. This to my simple mind bolsters the second scenario.

Now think of the two timeline UB posted of Wiki Leaks and Snowden.

Maybe Snowden was the 55 year diabetic's response to the Vitamin A deficient teenager?

Hakeems understand my refs.
My guess Wayne May influenced the Delhi Police Officials. He is CIA and was in business of buying up willing assets.
member_28380
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28380 »

shiv wrote: it's about the fact that the US is now a draconian police state where large numbers of American citizens are treated like dirt while US busies itself cleaning up other countries. This is no different from what the Soviet Union was accused of doing. The only odd thing about your statement is that you require ordinary people whom you describe as "jingos" to provide extraordinary proof for what you say is an extraordinary claim, but you, like all the other suppressed and gagged citizens of the US simply do not ask if the US police or state department have extraordinary proof for the extraordinary claims they make.

In fact your attitude is exactly what is encouraged in the US Question the small people about their motives. Leave the biggies alone. Or else...

From Colonel Anil A Athale (retd):
"To an outsider, the US increasingly looks like a capitalist USSR, complete with its Big Brother snooping, its own Gulag at Guantanamo, its own version of Pravda in The New York Times and Izvestia in the Washington Post!" :!:

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/colum ... 131226.htm
member_28380
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28380 »

My conclusion (reached in the last 4 weeks) is you may see more fair news reporting in Pravda or People's daily than in NY Times or Wa Po. Virtual propaganda tools. There is no such equivalency in India.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

The Elite in USA are grabbing money of Middle Class through Wall street and Federal Bank while poor class is under subjugation through Police brutality. It is the only nation in the world which is encouraging, promoting large scale, comprehensive, institutionalized, rape of it's citizens through Police.

Note: People who are arrested are raped, who are interrogated are raped, in jails are raped daily, kids in juvenile homes are raped regularly, priests are raping, TSA in airport takes opportunity to rape and 1/3rd of it's citizens are raped by other Pvt brother citizen rapists.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

amit wrote: Life can be tough in NYC is you don't have money. As i wrote before, SR's greed has effectively destroyed her family's future. If she thinks her current mentors are going to take care of her and her family then she's even more stupid than I thought.
I think odds are high that SR would work with May's couple and they are going to take responsibility for her and her family. Most likely , she will get permanent resident-ship in USA and free to work. It was her dream to earn big and make it to US( for that she collaborated with alphabet soup agencies) and I am sure she is capable enough to achieve her dreams by hook or crook unless she is deported / extradited to India. And if she is involved in anyway in espionage ring, more likely, then she has done the right thing by ex-filtrating to US and her life would be good and taken care of by US taxpayer's money in recognition of her services to that great country.
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

Amber G. wrote: She has to take responsibility. By all accounts, a nice position and the opportunity to be a part of DK's family, is being thrown away. She is an adult and type of excuse " I was misguided.. I am a victim onlee" is not only idiotic, it is evil
She had a choice... She need not listen to SD/CIA/DrunkDrivers/PB but she CHOSE to do what she did. She may not be very bright but it does not mean that she was an innocent victim.
Amber G.. I remember the famous story in the school days... Farmer and Duck laying Golden eggs..
It exactly fits that case of a farmer...
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

TSJones wrote: That's what you wanted wasn't it? You wanted somebody to care. Good grief! No more from me on this.
There is an international group of hackers primarily based in China, UK, Australia and Pakistan. They also have some members in the US and in some other countries as well. They co-ordinate with each other in monitoring internet forums, chat rooms, etc. For example, if they come across a poster who is posting a type of information they do not like or if you rub one of their members in a wrong way on any forum or chat room they control or frequent, they may decide to take on you.

Here is how it works. If they happen to have a friend who is running the forum or chat room, they simply ask for the tracking cookie log. If not then they simply may hack the web server to obtain the logs gathered by tracking cookie. Once they have that log, they have your IP address and list of sites you have been visiting. These websites may include your public social media profiles such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. Now they know your name, what you do, where you live and pretty much anything you have on your public profile. If you are cautious and you do not have public social media profile, they still can do few things by sniffing your IP. For example Skype call is very easy to intercept if you are an accomplished hacker living in a country which is a safe haven for hackers; examples of safe havens are China and UK. iMassage from Apple is another notoriously unsafe software/device to communicate on. Another thing to avoid is Chinese made internet equipment. They all have back doors.

Anyway, once these hackers have enough information on you, they try to intimidate you so that you will stop posting the kind of things they do not want you to post on the forums and chat rooms.

As far as monitoring by various government agencies is concerned, FBI, CBI, etc. routinely monitor all open channels that includes airwaves and internet. But they neither intimidate posters nor divulge information about one poster to another. For example FBI will not IM you to let you know that Karan wears glasses :)

It is quite possible that you yourself may be a member of that group. Your definitely fit the profile. But I hope for your own sake that you are not part of that group and you have better things to do in your life.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

matrimc wrote:Before going on your long spelunking adventure, please to give a hint to decode the details of this tantalizing post.
From behind my bar(s): Uhhmmnhh, Ooofrtl, gurgle, gurgle,... Tried, can't do. Not the point, just a hint of our high culture. Thus pigeon droppings, and not thought provoking prose. Here is a third:
  • Less GMT+ this time, instead of GMT++. This time we were prepared, van full of proper *catered* food. Location set up. Hard workers informed. Then this worthy moves it to his house, claims he told everyone. People who helped could not travel -- commute, constraints, and time of day -- he has leftovers good for a few months. I still cringe weekly at the thought.

Now I need to get back trying to strike the stones for fire, it is dark.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

^^^
The simplest thing they do is to monitor links posted to sites that they have compromised (lets say they have an insider in NYTimes or WaPo or have hacked up some other sites to insert their tracking cookies)

Someone posts a link and you click on it from this forum, they have the ip address and a tracking cookie on your machine that will be used by other compromised sites to track you. The cookie remains the same even when you change locations, for example, you move from your office to your home (which have different IPs) . They can then reverse look up the ip and find out where you work approximate geographic location of where you live etc.

One should take adequate protection against these things and that is a no brainer. However I have never seen anyone threaten people by bringing in CIA and what not. All this for just pointing out pretty much open source data of how crazy things have turned out to be in the USofA. You dont have to be a genius to figure this out, just read some local independent news papers.

When such hypocrisy is pointed out, there is simply no question of turning the gaze inwards for introspection. Any question and opinion (even if sarcastic) of the USofA is met with subtle threat of physical harm. The piskology is just..... too deep here :)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Indian Maid’s Lawyer, Funded by Ford, McArthur, Euro Govts
A close look at the funding of the HRLN shows that it is far from being a true private agency.

The names of its donors is a roll-call of the most prominent family foundations (MacArthur, Ford) supporting Western state interests. In addition, there are a number of embassies (Dutch, Swedish) and governments (Irish, Swiss) represented, the UN (UN High Commissioner for Refugees), as well as other rights groups.

It was through this Western-elite backed network and its contacts in the church and US embassy that the Sangeeta Richard case was drummed up and manipulated to create an “anti-trafficking” case that would highlight the agenda demanded by the strategic goals of a “color revolution” (based on the twin themes of “modern slavery” and “anti-trafficking) targeting India sponsored by the CIA.
Role of foreign funding in subverting Indian Politic is needed to be curbed.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

LokeshC wrote:^^^
One should take adequate protection against these things and that is a no brainer. However I have never seen anyone threaten people by bringing in CIA and what not. All this for just pointing out pretty much open source data of how crazy things have turned out to be in the USofA. You dont have to be a genius to figure this out, just read some local independent news papers.
That is why I said TSJ fits the profile of a member of that group. He made a veiled comment that he knew that I wear glasses. That was designed to scare me from posting :) Pretending to be a CIA or FBI or NSA agent is their classic threat.

I have been very vocal against British, Pakis and Chinese on the internet for past 15 years. So that is what earned me their wrath.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

^^^ Interesting. Someone from the Mod side should perhaps talk to him... gently ofcourse.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

^ They should keep an eye on him, at least. The guy is definitely here for one thing and only one thing - subversion.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Posting without comment.. From New York Times, Delhi .A maid's pay and moral choices.

Maybe, NYTime's Ellen Barry will write more about "moral choices" of earning $40K upwards, cheat on visa , tax and other laws and pay these same wages as well , or was the article meant to talk down to middle class Indians , "oh, you pay only $0.xx per hour" and you are "heartless", while ignoring the broader realities of India and the still very poor section of a large percentage of it's population. Maybe, she will write about how Khobragade was paying TWICE what she was paying the woman in Delhi and in addition she got free food, acco , phone and a pretty airy room in some tony apt in Manhattan?
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

VijayKM wrote:My conclusion (reached in the last 4 weeks) is you may see more fair news reporting in Pravda or People's daily than in NY Times or Wa Po. Virtual propaganda tools. There is no such equivalency in India.
I would put it differently. In Russia & China, people know that what they are getting is govt-sponsored propaganda, and so they read that with a pinch of salt.

In the case of NYT, WaPo, they put on air of independence, and the people reading that trash think the media is independent, when in reality they are propaganda mouthpieces just like Pravda or People's daily.

I ask one simple question to US journos and their Indian sepoys on question: How is is possible that in a country with a supposedly free and independent media, that Bush and his cronies and sidekicks like Powell & Rice pull off an Iraq WMD fraud in broad daylight?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

It may have been posted here before, but just for the record, the indictment...
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/docume ... tment/739/
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Amber G. wrote:xpost - I think this doodle from google on 26th January is nice.
(From People from US - even IT people :)

(The Google doodle on January 26 on the India homepage sees motorcycle daredevils who represent a unit of the armed forces painted in the Indian tri-colours.

The characters are seen carrying the doodle that has saffron, white and green - the colours of the Indian flag. G, O, G, L, E are in green while the middle O is saffron as the space surrounding the doodle is white.

When one clicks on the doodle, it leads to search results about Republic Day.)

http://www.google.com/doodles/the-255th ... ish-museum

Amber G ji,
On Jan 15 th of this month , the 255th Anniversary of British museum was involuntarily celebrated by all Turd worlders(including Indians) along with Greeks, courtesy a Doodle by Google "chacha" commemorating the same.

Just because Google throws a bone at Indians once in a while I don't see any reason to feel happy about it especially considering the recent Aman Ki Tamasha psyop ads or its persistent attempts to push Western mandated coolaid down the throats of the rest of the Non Western world through - its doodles , for example.

Frankly for such a large country like India I am aghast that we don't have our equivalent of Baidu(search engine) or a QQ (email account) as the Chinese do and see fit to keep ourselves open to NSA types facilitated by Google and other US based tech giants.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Karan Dixit wrote:^ They should keep an eye on him, at least. The guy is definitely here for one thing and only one thing - subversion.
Nah. He's just a racist American.

Prolly should be stripped of his American citizenship. But then..
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

If Jones is short for Jonathan, then I think I have id'd him and he has appeared once on a talk show debate after the DK incident.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Just because someone projects an American identity, and has a handle that fits, it does not mean that the person is anything of the sort. Even if he/she is, there is no reason to do anything more than implement forum rules.

Conversely, just because someone on the forum has an Indian name or claims or hints at an Indian identity, or origin, it is not necessary that the person is Indian.

In short, end the personal targeting. Admins will handle participant issues. There will be no follow up messages on this, anyone carrying on in the same theme will receive appropriate guidance.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Easy, guys., TSJ - whoever s(he) is A person with an extremely kind heart and deep concern for India and Indians. His/her perspective is EXTREMELY valuable: what he says is exactly what the vast majority of Americans will say, on many issues. The forum would be sooo dull if ppl all agreed with each other's POV.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 29 Jan 2014 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

TSJ gender-identity is indeed curiously hidden. Totally irrelevant. Suspect girl/boy with slight interest in lgbt issues.
seems jovial enough. if its a girl, i call dibs, even if lgbt and taken! -- ;-) no age descrimination please, form a straight line behind me, no jostling.

But seriously, I do have an experimentt to propose for all, unrelated to above. There was this guy who escaped hong kong in a mask. well made mask matching another passanger. not too hard to obtain --- one indian, one european white. language is not a barrier, explain as third generation/mixed/learnmmming/plannmming lonmg trip. visit half a dozen indian and american cultural events, even restaurants. notice service, attention, quality of food and conversation. cohesive groups, looking like indian with indianmms even better. microcosm of america. if you dont talk with eye contact or cant smile, dont try.

In MD, for example, brown skin+beard == bad and you could be knee deep in the guys guts in the OR. quiet educative exercise for anyone. light rail === frown frown (why would you take it though?). 20 years ago pointed hats were common at northern intersections.

ps -- next time dont leave the cave key in the lock. things get out.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

chaanakya wrote:
I think odds are high that SR would work with May's couple and they are going to take responsibility for her and her family. Most likely , she will get permanent resident-ship in USA and free to work. It was her dream to earn big and make it to US( for that she collaborated with alphabet soup agencies) and I am sure she is capable enough to achieve her dreams by hook or crook unless she is deported / extradited to India. And if she is involved in anyway in espionage ring, more likely, then she has done the right thing by ex-filtrating to US and her life would be good and taken care of by US taxpayer's money in recognition of her services to that great country.
I doubt that the protein loving Mays can afford domestic help in the manner they did in Delhi. They are middle ranking SD babus and anecdotal evidence suggests that they may have lost their jobs. Of course the Mays can pay SR below minimum wage I doubt the "trafficked" victim will complain.

Regarding the spy angle, I feel that if that were the case Amir Khan would not have allowed the whole issue to flare up like this. Once the SR family was out of India they would have PNGed DK and asked her to leave. Whatever the alphabet soup agencies are they aren't stupid. The way things are going Amir Khan will have serious H&D issues.

No it seems to me as a ham handed extortion racket with the added benefit of giving a high profile example of how the great justice system has rescued a "trafficked" victim from the clutches of a rich "high caste" Indian.

It would have been a nice trophy for the Administration and the SD folks and Safe Haven could have thumped
chests.

No it's a badly thought through operation. Notice that PB's indictment only talks about the Rs 30000 salary and had no mention of the monies that SR got while in NYC. I find that amazing.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Regarding Google doodle,they are doing psy-ops.Huge green and small saffron.This is a consistent pattern by the scumbags promoting hindu-paaki bhai bhai.Also the fewer saffron surrounded by a mass of green.
Last edited by svenkat on 29 Jan 2014 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i cant believe you guys are getting worked up about the google doodle... really?