AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by kmkraoind »

JP eyes tie-up with BJP
Hyderabad: Giving strong indications that his party is weighing options to sail with BJP in the ensuing election, Lok Satta Party national President Jayaprakah Narayan on Sunday showered praises on the BJP Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi .

In a face-to-face programme with HMTV and The Hans India Editor-in-Chief K Ramachandra Murthy, he said Modi was the symbol of development in the country. The BJP’s PM candidate was fighting the election on the development plank, whereas the Congress was still harping on issues which are based on caste and region to garner votes.

He said Modi has also achieved the credit of delivering clean governance in his home state. The Gujarat CM--turned PM candidate was the only leader speaking about people’s issue in the pre- election campaign in the country. He also hailed the BJP for anointing Modi as its PM candidate which reflected the practice of ‘democracy’ in the party.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

kmkraoind wrote:JP eyes tie-up with BJP
This would be a great tie up. BJP should pursue this option vigorously as it will give a leg up to the anti corruption credentials of the BJP.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/fe ... 27330.html
Cold political calculations might have been the immediate cause for the creation of the new state of Telangana, but the seeds for a geographical division of Telugu-speaking areas were sown 693 years ago, way back in 1321. That was the year when the forces of the Delhi Sultanate defeated the Kakatiyas of Warangal, the then dominant Hindu dynasty, which ruled over large parts of what till now constitutes Andhra Pradesh.
I have been a regular visitor to Hyderabad from the 1960s. Those were the days, when the locals hardly spoke Telugu. It was mostly Urdu, the result of centuries-old Muslim rule. I had a difficult time communicating, while travelling by government buses or autos in Hyderabad. The bus conductors and auto-drivers were of Telugu origin. They sported the Hindu tilak on their foreheads, but spoke only Urdu. All that changed in course of time, as settlers from Coastal Andhra swarmed the region, making Hyderabad what it is now. The region was further Teluguised after the late N.T. Rama Rao became chief minister of AP in 1982. He made Telugu the administrative language and transformed the region into a Telugu-speaking area. The region could soon become the separate state of Telangana, but its Telugu character has been firmly re-established after nearly 700 years.
I suppose it is possible that Telangana is confident that after independence from the Razakars and the hiatus period it can get on it's feet and confront it's demons over the past 700 years on it's own. As Ramana said earlier the Mysore region exorcised Tipu and the Marathas did the same with the Adilshahis successfully.

If that is what the bifurcation is all about, my best wishes are with them...we should all do the same.

JMT.
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

ShyamSP wrote:TDP should have no-alliance in non-T and secret alliance in T. For TDP and BJP it is important to preserve non-Congress votebank and increase when Congress get flushed out in T.
^^+1. One way to do the above highlighted is to put weak TDP candidates for LS polls in Telangana. But, TDP is not much of a force in Telangana; they may be strong in 1-2 LS constituencies. Will TDP votes transfer to BJP or will they go to TRS? This may not be an easy election for TDP in Telangana.

Non-congI votes must be consolidated so that they are not split.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

kmkraoind wrote:JP eyes tie-up with BJP
Hyderabad: Giving strong indications that his party is weighing options to sail with BJP in the ensuing election, Lok Satta Party national President Jayaprakah Narayan on Sunday showered praises on the BJP Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi .

In a face-to-face programme with HMTV and The Hans India Editor-in-Chief K Ramachandra Murthy, he said Modi was the symbol of development in the country. The BJP’s PM candidate was fighting the election on the development plank, whereas the Congress was still harping on issues which are based on caste and region to garner votes.

He said Modi has also achieved the credit of delivering clean governance in his home state. The Gujarat CM--turned PM candidate was the only leader speaking about people’s issue in the pre- election campaign in the country. He also hailed the BJP for anointing Modi as its PM candidate which reflected the practice of ‘democracy’ in the party.
Finally some good news. More power to them both.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Paul wrote:If that is what the bifurcation is all about, my best wishes are with them...we should all do the same.

JMT.
So true. Nothing wrong with bifurcation, its one nation anyway. But the agenda was set on a bedrock of hate. Fanned by hate mongers who we now see in full flow. The act itself was pulled off with subterfuge and in the vilest of ways. Usually no action sees proper fruition that which has its seed as a negative emotion.

But, its time to move on now. With so much anger floating around, there are bound to be issues. It will not be smooth.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

SS had also agreed to a judicial enquiry on snoopgate without checking with her colleagues. She is definitely upset with NM.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Paul wrote:Telangana, a 700-year-old story
Interestingly, the Telangana region is poised to become a separate state, as a result of the weak dynasty that now rules Delhi, much like when the Bahmanis/Golconda Nawabs and the Nizams emerged—due to the weak dynastic Delhi rule in the 14th and 18th centuries.

I have been a regular visitor to Hyderabad from the 1960s. Those were the days, when the locals hardly spoke Telugu. It was mostly Urdu, the result of centuries-old Muslim rule. I had a difficult time communicating, while travelling by government buses or autos in Hyderabad. The bus conductors and auto-drivers were of Telugu origin. They sported the Hindu tilak on their foreheads, but spoke only Urdu. All that changed in course of time, as settlers from Coastal Andhra swarmed the region, making Hyderabad what it is now. The region was further Teluguised after the late N.T. Rama Rao became chief minister of AP in 1982. He made Telugu the administrative language and transformed the region into a Telugu-speaking area. The region could soon become the separate state of Telangana, but its Telugu character has been firmly re-established after nearly 700 years.
Its still not completely undone. As i explained in one of my previous posts about my interaction with T-BJP cadres, some of them still have that psychological slavery towards urdu.You speak with them in Telugu, they will respond in urdu. You insist on talking in Telugu and argue with them and when they think they are losing that argument, they suddenly change to urdu as to regain their confidence.T-vaadis may vilify the dirty Andhra settlers in order to justify their state formation during the T-movement days but history will tell the phenomenal role the Andhras played in pulling telangana out from nizami/islamic cultural influence. It is upto the Telaganites now not to revert back to that "composite culture" in their attempts to distinguish themselves as "not Andhra". But news of removing Telugu Sanskritised words from the so called "Telangana slang" and make that as official language for govt purposes is not in the right direction.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Rony wrote:
Paul wrote:Telangana, a 700-year-old story

Its still not completely undone. As i explained in one of my previous posts about my interaction with T-BJP cadres, some of them still have that psychological slavery towards urdu.You speak with them in Telugu, they will respond in urdu. You insist on talking in Telugu and argue with them and when they think they are losing that argument, they suddenly change to urdu as to regain their confidence.T-vaadis may vilify the dirty Andhra settlers in order to justify their state formation during the T-movement days but history will tell the phenomenal role the Andhras played in pulling telangana out from nizami/islamic cultural influence. It is upto the Telaganites now not to revert back to that "composite culture" in their attempts to distinguish themselves as "not Andhra". But news of removing Telugu Sanskritised words from the so called "Telangana slang" and make that as official language for govt purposes is not in the right direction.
One honest question, so do not take it was a matter of forced comparison. This thread is high on emotion, so do not want to be seen as underestimating the hurt/anger.

There are many states (excl. Delhi) in India that claim to have Hindi as their state language, and it is very obvious that the Hindi in UP and Bihar can be very different. Even within UP/Bihar it can change very much every 200-300km distance. I am pretty sure, they must be following different set of standards to be used in official communication. Since, Telengana is a new state, there is a high likelihood of incorporating changes. In Gujarat, the official Gujarati propagated from Ahmadabad is quite different from the one spoken in Saurashtra, Kachchh or even Vadodara/Surat/Navsari. Similar is the situation in MH, with Pune-based Marathi narrative gaining an upper hand, while native Marathi speakers in Jalgaon or Chandrapur are told that they speak "impure" Marathi.

My only point is that feeling a sense of hurt is natural when one's version of a language is not given official sanction while some other one gets a higher status, this is an inevitable consequence of language standardization. I am personally against such state capital based language version propagation, since it looks down upon a vast majority of people's daily language usage, but not an expert in field.

With all this background, what is the problem of forking Telugu? If you can list those, that would be very useful.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Paul wrote:http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/fe ... 27330.html

I suppose it is possible that Telangana is confident that after independence from the Razakars and the hiatus period it can get on it's feet and confront it's demons over the past 700 years on it's own. As Ramana said earlier the Mysore region exorcised Tipu and the Marathas did the same with the Adilshahis successfully.

If that is what the bifurcation is all about, my best wishes are with them...we should all do the same.

JMT.

I ruminated and think the shift of Mughal Subedari from Aurangabad to Golconda by Asaf Jah when he was still the Deccan Subedar was what stopped the reemergence of Hindu power in Telangana as the Mughal military was there. But still begs the question as to how it was not overthrown in the wars of succession of the following Nizams. Maybe there wass no leaders to rally around.
We can pursue this in the Andhra History thread.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

prahaar wrote:With all this background, what is the problem of forking Telugu? If you can list those, that would be very useful.
Its not a question of forking telugu. Even with in seemandhra, there are different variations of telugu and increasingly many of them are speaking Tenglish because of globalization. I am saying a different thing. Urdu and Nizam culture is imbibed in Telangana's meme because of history. After Andhras settling in Telangana and popularization of Telugu movies since last couple of decades, the Islamic meme for the most part (although not completely) is suppressed. Now, if the Telangana identity becomes “not andhra” then they is possibility of bringing back parts of muslim/nizam linguistic and cultural influence back again as a hedge. This is the feeling i got when i read that news report of removing Telugu Sanskritized words. This urdu/nizam meme extends to even the BJP cadre in Telangana who were supposed to be Hindutva and all that.

btw on a lighter note, here is a telangana singer singing about telangana in urdu/hindi. Imagine how awkward it would be if a Andhra sings the greatness of Andhra in Urdu to his own people.

Telangana Azad Hamara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdP2IdpvL8
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

ramana wrote:
Paul wrote:http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/fe ... 27330.html

JMT.
I ruminated and think the shift of Mughal Subedari from Aurangabad to Golconda by Asaf Jah when he was still the Deccan Subedar was what stopped the reemergence of Hindu power in Telangana as the Mughal military was there. But still begs the question as to how it was not overthrown in the wars of succession of the following Nizams. Maybe there wass no leaders to rally around.
We can pursue this in the Andhra History thread.

The Asaf Jahis were careful not to antagonize the Marathas too much and made it their policy till the EIC/French came in and reached critical mass. The first Nizam passed this advice to his successors. This and staying out of Maratha stomping grounds saved their Dynasty. Baji Rao II IIRC had one war where he pushed the Nizam south of Narmada but did not press his advantage.

The Marathas could have wiped out the Nizams...had they focussed on it.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Rony wrote: Telangana Azad Hamara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdP2IdpvL8
Pakiness on full display! :evil:
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Rony wrote: Its still not completely undone. As i explained in one of my previous posts about my interaction with T-BJP cadres, some of them still have that psychological slavery towards urdu.You speak with them in Telugu, they will respond in urdu. You insist on talking in Telugu and argue with them and when they think they are losing that argument, they suddenly change to urdu as to regain their confidence.T-vaadis may vilify the dirty Andhra settlers in order to justify their state formation during the T-movement days but history will tell the phenomenal role the Andhras played in pulling telangana out from nizami/islamic cultural influence. It is upto the Telaganites now not to revert back to that "composite culture" in their attempts to distinguish themselves as "not Andhra". But news of removing Telugu Sanskritised words from the so called "Telangana slang" and make that as official language for govt purposes is not in the right direction.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Yeah Andhra saviours came and prevented the Telanganites from becoming islamized. You are now clutching at the straws. Do you even know how many people even understand, let alone speak outside Hyderabad ? There may be sprinkling of urdu/hindi words in their, but that's about it. Did you even consider that there are large number of North Indians (Gujjus, Marwadis etc) in Hyderabad and that may be the reason why auto drivers try to speak in urdu/hindi. And it's more of hindi than urdu and inter-mixing of telugu,hindi and urdu. It's constant thing I observed here. Talking to few people and extrapolating it and sensationalize it. I expect people on BRF not to spew the hyperbole.
Regarding removing the sankritised words, why don't you guys wait until it is implemented ? As far as I know TRS doesn't have it in their manifesto. So it may be some guy talking through his mushraff.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

There are many states (excl. Delhi) in India that claim to have Hindi as their state language, and it is very obvious that the Hindi in UP and Bihar can be very different. Even within UP/Bihar it can change very much every 200-300km distance.
Hindi is a very recent term (in fact after Urdu was created by Mughals) earlier Hindi use to be called "Khari Boli" in around Delhi-Agra areas, Rohtaki in Haryana,Brji Bhasha, Maithaili, Bhojpuri, Garhwali, etc in other areas all in the UK-UP-Bihar Belt.

Just like "Pahari" in Himachal and "Dogri" in Jammu areas is sort of a dialect of Punjabi-Sanskrit.

Current Hindi that people in cities all over of India speak is "Bollywood Hindi".
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IshwarChandra Vidyasagar.

Meanwhile Botsa tries to pass the blame!!!

Deccan Chronicle. BTW this paper lost a lot when division happened.

Everyone needs to reconcile division of AP

The bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh is giving the Congress an electoral headache in Seemandhra. APCC chief Botsa Satyanarayana, a senior minister and former MP, tells Ch.V.M. Krishna Rao in this interview that most other parties have concurred with the decision, and the Congress will expose them.

How do you react to the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh? Why did you not prevent it since you told the people you were for a united state?

It is not a sudden decision. Former chief minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and I were fully briefed about it by the high command back in July last year. They told us it was part of fulfilling the commitment the Congress gave in its manifesto. They also provided us the roadmap. I thought division won’t be easy.

Then how do you account for what came about?
If I have to analyse things now, we failed to tell the high command about alternatives to creating Telangana. We only highlighted our concerns. Things would be different if we had advanced alternative scenarios.

Who prevented you?
It is only now we realise where our mistake lay. At that time it is our concerns that were uppermost in our minds. The Telangana people have waited 50 years with their demand. There would have been no problem if there were alternative solutions on offer. In that event, the high command could have arranged a meeting of all concerned and made a different decision. We made a strategic error. :eek: ya :lol:

Who is responsible? You or Mr Reddy?
We are collectively responsible. :rotfl:

Lack of unity amongst you also seems to have played a part. You never had a meeting with leaders of all parties and MPs, MLAs, Union and state ministers, to fight collectively against bifurcation.
That is correct. We failed there. If you ask me why that did not happen, I would say it was politics. I don’t want to name anyone, but some thought they could do politics instead of finding solutions to the problem at hand, and now we are in this mess. They thought they could elevate themselves by opposing the party decision. Their fight for a united AP was not for the cause, but just for the sake of their politics. :P

It is clear you are targeting Mr Reddy.
I don’t want to take names, but Seemandhra suffered because of the wrong handling of the situation.

Why should you blame anyone? Why did you not raise the relevant issues on your own with the Congress high command?
In fact, a few party leaders and I wanted to raise the issues but the atmosphere was vitiated. All those who tried to raise different ways of thinking were branded as traitors (to Seemandhra). Processions and dharnas were orchestrated. There were leaks to select media to write stories against us. :((

What is the impact of bifurcation on the Congress?
We will be strong in Telangana. In Seemandhra, there is a problem, naturally, since we are in power. But with the latest economic package and other benefits announced by the Centre, it is better than having nothing. We will try to contain the damage. The Congress has passed through critical phases in the past. In the 2009 election, we had only 38 per cent vote share. Other parties taken together had 62 per cent. But barring Communist Party of India (Marxist) and All-India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen, these parties are also part of this decision to divide the state, whatever their posturing. They have supported division at one time or another. We will make this clear to the people, although the polls are going to be tough. :(( We should expose parties like the Telugu Desam and the YSR Congress. Both have supported Telangana and are now conveniently changing their tune. People know this. I hope they will understand in what circumstances the Congress took the decision to divide the state. :lol: We also need to convince people about the positive side — the commitment to develop Seemandhra, how best to utilise the Centre’s economic package and the like. :rotfl:

But many in the Congress are leaving the party to protest the bifurcation and it is being said the party won’t find candidates for the election.
This is rubbish. We badly lost the 1983 Assembly polls. Stal-warts were felled. But in 1985, Rajiv Gandhi took the decision to develop alternative leadership. Along with me, several others, including some present ministers, were given tickets. This time, too, we will give tickets to new leaders. That is not a problem. There are hundreds of aspirants. I am telling you today that not a single Congress MLA who has left to join other parties will win the election.

Then why are they quitting you?

They think the Congress cannot win because it has been in office for two consecutive terms. Besides, we failed to provide collective leadership. Many of them had decided to leave the Congress even before the bifurcation. :lol:

Were there failures on the part of the chief minister who has now resigned?
Certainly there were wrong priorities. Mr Reddy suddenly decided to decrease the price of rice from Rs2 per kg to Re1 per kg. Nobody had asked for it. The government was unnecessarily forced to incur extra expenditure. To make up the funds, we hiked power rates in the name of Fuel Surcharge Adjustment (FSA). :eek:

Mr Reddy says he resigned as chief minister to protest the bifurcation decision.
Wasn’t he aware of the thinking of the high command all these months? If he was uncomfortable, why didn’t he resign then? :mrgreen:

Don’t you think there will be impact on the Congress after Mr Reddy’s exit?
I don’t hear of any rallies, dharnas or bandhs being held in the districts. I think people are a little bit worried about the division of the state, but no one is worried about Mr Reddy’s resignation.

Mr Reddy has reportedly said that if he had resigned four or six months ago, someone would have come forward to take his place and cooperated with the Centre’s decision.
I myself suggested six months ago that it would be better to tender en masse resignations in the cause of united Andhra Pradesh. When that was the mood, it is not right to say that someone will occupy the chief minister’s chair and cooperate. :rotfl:

What should be the approach now?
Everyone needs to reconcile to the division of the state and concentrate on development of both states.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Guess these guys want to hang on!!!

Many Contenders for AP CM
Hyderabad : The Congress high command favoured President’s rule in AP after the Chief Minister’s resignation. However, state leaders were opposed to President’s rule and asked the high command to form a new government. They had said that a Congress government would be useful for the party in the run up to the general elections.

Sources said that Telangana leaders have told the high command that they have no objections if the Chief Minister’s post was given to Seemandhra leaders. :) Apart from Mr Botsa Satyanarayana, Assembly Speaker Nadendla Manohar, Union ministers Kavuri Sambasiva Rao, M.M. Pallam Raju and others also met Mr Digvijay Singh. Deputy CM Raja Narasimha and MP M.A. Khan met AICC president Sonia Gandhi .

Speaking to reporters, Union minister J.D. Seelam said that the high command may take final decision on formation of a new government in AP by Tuesday. Mr Satyanarayana told the media that there were many leaders in the Congress capable of becoming Chief Minister and they would have no objection to the high command’s candidate. He added that ministers, MPs and other leaders who wanted to continue in the party would attend the meeting with Mr Singh on Tuesday in Delhi.

Mr Satyanarayana also said that it would be better if the elections in the state were postponed. He said that except for the TD and YSRC, no party wanted elections now. Among the leaders in the race for the chief minister’s post from Telangana are Mr Raja Narasimha, ministers K. Jana Reddy, Ponnala Laxmaiah, N. Uttam Kumar Reddy, J. Geetha Reddy and former PCC president D. Srinivas. From Seemandhra, the contenders are Mr Botsa Satyanarayana, ministers Anam Ramanarayana Reddy, N. Raghuveera Reddy, Mr Kanna Lakshminarayana and Union minister K. Chiranjeevi.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Ramana garu, what can you call them other than vermin :). The term is over and the nation goes for an election. Why don't they decently dissolve it and let Governor deicide on a care taker or a governor rule. No one is going to be a CM for more than four months as elections to assemblies will NOT be along with parl this time.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

Offtopic...

Thx Lilo for posting about Swami Paripoornanada. We all appreciate his work. Its good to talk and post here, but we really care, we need to support him to expand the work. I wish to but I cannot donate money to his organization online from US. I guess its a small organization not setup to receive foreign donations.

Anyone interested in cooperating in working out the logistics on how to legally support him?

How about a separate thread for supporting Indian causes and organizations?

http://www.sreepeetham.in/contactus.php ... ck=contact
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Lilo garu, thanks from me too for the information on Paripoornanda Swamy. He is doing good work.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I think Indic actions in the residual AP should be a serious push back on EJ actions and other strengthening of Indic forces like serious launching of Dalitha Govidam programme of the Thirupathi Thirumala Deevasthanam which was cancelled at the initial stages itself under serious EJ pressure. May be CBN if he comes to power will address this issue. He should be offered support needed to take on Ej forces and prevent him from joining sicular gangs. Like any politico if he sees advantage with Indic forces he will join them.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 25 Feb 2014 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Matrimc garu,
He was mentioned by others in Brf before , i was reminding.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

SBajwa wrote:
There are many states (excl. Delhi) in India that claim to have Hindi as their state language, and it is very obvious that the Hindi in UP and Bihar can be very different. Even within UP/Bihar it can change very much every 200-300km distance.
Hindi is a very recent term (in fact after Urdu was created by Mughals) earlier Hindi use to be called "Khari Boli" in around Delhi-Agra areas, Rohtaki in Haryana,Brji Bhasha, Maithaili, Bhojpuri, Garhwali, etc in other areas all in the UK-UP-Bihar Belt.

Just like "Pahari" in Himachal and "Dogri" in Jammu areas is sort of a dialect of Punjabi-Sanskrit.

Current Hindi that people in cities all over of India speak is "Bollywood Hindi".
It seems to me that Hindhi is more like an artificial tag/grouping for different languages. So, comparing Hindhi language to other languages seems to be misplaced. Hindhi seems to be an artificial language developed as a diluted Sanskruth based on Khari Bholi to work as a lingua franca for the Hindhus for Northern & Central Bhaarath.

It seems to me that Khari Bholi, Brij, Maithili, Bhojpuri, Garhwali, ...etc may qualify as separate languages(rather than lingos). They may even have had their own special script which may have been lost during the jihadhi rules. So, they may have adopted Dhevanagari script(script of Sanskruth).

----
I think its time to move beyond CBN, AP division is signifies the failure of CBN to overcome the games played by kongis. CBN should have never supported the division in the first place. He was trapped by the kongis as soon as he got involved in the kongi games.

----
I think, in the short-term, BJP can gain in T area if the T-TDP jumps enmasse(cadre) to BJP.
bahdada
BRFite

Post by bahdada »

Paul wrote: The Marathas could have wiped out the Nizams...had they focussed on it.
Yay!! :rotfl:
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

gandharva wrote:TRS Merge in Congress Confirmed

http://www.abnandhrajyothy.com/trs-merg ... -confirmed
This actually is better for BJP+TDP in Telangana. Now it becomes a bipolar politics in Telangana. Also many in TRS who don't feel comfortable with Congress, may either sabotage the chances of Congressis internally, or they may simply leave and join BJP+TDP.

Bipolar is good!
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

RajeshA wrote: This actually is better for BJP+TDP in Telangana. Now it becomes a bipolar politics in Telangana. Also many in TRS who don't feel comfortable with Congress, may either sabotage the chances of Congressis internally, or they may simply leave and join BJP+TDP.

Bipolar is good!
It is not easy to merge Cong and TRS. Lots of TRS guys don't want to go into Cong. Lots of Congis are afraid that TRS will cut down their importance. Let us see if the BJP can get those who don't want to go to Cong and/or those who are upset in Cong. Given Chicken Reddy's insipid leadership, I don't believe BJP can do anything - those who don't want to go to Cong will probably go to TDP (but TDP in T is also in a mess, with no clue about what to do). Let us wait and watch what happens.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

As per latest news it looks like Chiranjeevi is confirmed as the new CM of Andhra. It is probably because of the Kapu Vote. I think Sonia and Coterie think that Chiru represents the kapu Block in Andhra. I think they are mistaken. ABN andhra jyothi also seems to be confirming the same news.

http://deccan-journal.com/content/chira ... nfirmed-cm
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Too late. But then he needs to show something for having joined the Congress party. No wonder his speech in Rajya Sabha was a cropper. His actions during the run-up to the division showed he is looking out for himself and his movie actor son.

BTW twitter is agog with seat sharing arrangement between TDP and BJP in Telangana.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Chirangivi lost all his credibility and most voters will be plainly disgusted with him and if mafia wants him as CM - good luck.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

bhavani wrote:As per latest news it looks like Chiranjeevi is confirmed as the new CM of Andhra. It is probably because of the Kapu Vote. I think Sonia and Coterie think that Chiru represents the kapu Block in Andhra. I think they are mistaken. ABN andhra jyothi also seems to be confirming the same news.

http://deccan-journal.com/content/chira ... nfirmed-cm
This is sort of overall plan of social-engineering AP. Telangana, Reddy, Kapu, Kamma, BC, SC, Muslim are all part of that social-engineering it is doing for decades but more so doing for last one decade to cut TDP down.

Telangan split - check
Split Reddys - check
Psh Reddys to YSRC - 1/2 done
TDP cut-down - 1/2 done
Screw BJP-TDP - check
Get Kapus and declare as BCs - 1/2 done
Cut Kammas - check
Retain SCs/Muslims - Always check

PRP enabled Congress retain power in 2009 and enabled split of T. So it is good to give Chiru lame-duck CM post for a few months (moodu nalla mucchata - short-term entertainment)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

PP guy is going nuts and contradicting himself in every other article. Must be under lots of self inflicted pressure.

http://www.politicsparty.com/shownews.php?newsid=376

He thinks jagan will get benefit of the division in both regions.

And from his numbers Jagan would have been the majority party in a united state!!!!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

^^^
I don't want to venture into junk sites and lose my sanity.

If AP split is curse for Congress to lose in the nation despite getting some respite in T, it is well and good.

Some of these exaggerated surveys by congress media is to generate some hope and confidence so at lower lever they can retain local leaders and handlers or get handlers from other parties.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

ramana wrote:PP guy is going nuts and contradicting himself in every other article. Must be under lots of self inflicted pressure.

http://www.politicsparty.com/shownews.php?newsid=376

He thinks jagan will get benefit of the division in both regions.

And from his numbers Jagan would have been the majority party in a united state!!!!
politicsparty and greatandhra are rabid worshippers of Jagan. Most of their articles are against TDP and anybody who opposes Jagan.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

yvijay wrote: Do you even know how many people even understand, let alone speak outside Hyderabad ? There may be sprinkling of urdu/hindi words in their, but that's about it.... It's constant thing I observed here. Talking to few people and extrapolating it and sensationalize it.
If you think these are just few people, then good for you. My interactions tells me otherwise but lets hope for everyones good that i am sensationalizing.
Regarding removing the sankritised words, why don't you guys wait until it is implemented ? As far as I know TRS doesn't have it in their manifesto. So it may be some guy talking through his mushraff.
The very fact that this is being discussed as a serious proposal should concern us.What will you do once its implemented ? Talking about TRS manifesto, Jamait e islami and other islamists are eagerly waiting for the TRS manifesto to be implemented - "Hamed Mohammed Khan from MPJ urged the TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao (KCR) to keep his promise of providing 12 per cent reservations to Muslims. "Apart from reservations, K Chandrasekhar Rao stated that Telangana would have a Muslim deputy chief minister. We will remind him of his promise to utilise the race course at Malakpet for educational institutions for Muslims and minorities," Khan said."

MIM on the other hand is demanding that Urdu be declared as a first language for Telangana along with Telugu. Me thinks, they might get it from their pals.
Last edited by Rony on 26 Feb 2014 09:06, edited 2 times in total.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

bhavani wrote:As per latest news it looks like Chiranjeevi is confirmed as the new CM of Andhra. It is probably because of the Kapu Vote. I think Sonia and Coterie think that Chiru represents the kapu Block in Andhra. I think they are mistaken.
Chiranjeevi mission is to divide the Kapu and BC vote between TDP (which is supposed to get the majority of Kapu vote this time) and Congress there by giving victory to YSR Congress in many seats.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

ramana wrote:Too late. But then he needs to show something for having joined the Congress party. No wonder his speech in Rajya Sabha was a cropper. His actions during the run-up to the division showed he is looking out for himself and his movie actor son.

BTW twitter is agog with seat sharing arrangement between TDP and BJP in Telangana.
He is a faithful mulazim of the dyansty like the Bahugunas. Hopefully the SA voters will see through this at least this time. :roll:
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Chiranjeevi is fully dependent on INC now. he has no other options but to retire and fade away into obscurity. even his movie career is now pretty much over. so only thing he can do to prolong "power" is to stay loyal and rough no feathers.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

chiranjeevi began his career playing villian in the movie mosagaadu ('cheat') and has ended his career also playing mosagadu onlee.... wah wah.,.. palindrome onlee...