Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Hari Seldon »

US denies going soft on Modi, as human rights report makes no reference to him by name

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/us-d ... 46057.html

Yawn...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

double yawn, we need not wake up what the same admin who feted Zia ul Haq in white house as the great defender of democracy thinks of namo.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

chetak wrote:CNN IBN -- Did anybody catch sagarika ghose on chaupal at the jamia millia??

Category 5 Moron was on her usual modi bashing rant with a very appreciative audience from a certain community.
An eye-opener for all Indians what tax funded institutions like JMI, JNU, etc. are breeding. I feel SG did this program to REFRESH ghetto mentality.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

prahaar wrote:
chetak wrote:CNN IBN -- Did anybody catch sagarika ghose on chaupal at the jamia millia??

Category 5 Moron was on her usual modi bashing rant with a very appreciative audience from a certain community.
An eye-opener for all Indians what tax funded institutions like JMI, JNU, etc. are breeding. I feel SG did this program to REFRESH ghetto mentality.
I think Sagarika is doing great favor to NaMo. By showing such biased mentality, she is pushing more neutral voters towards BJP. She is creating an atmosphere, which scares Hindus. She is an useful idiot. If possible, encourage Sagarika to do more such programs and air them just before election dates. Actually I really miss Teesta and Shabnam Hasmi sound bites.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Narendra Modi a hard worker, my good friend, says Karunanidhi

cho chweet. Perhaps MuKa forgets that NM is also a devotee of Lord Raama who MuKa has disparaged on multiple occasions.... But yawn, chalo, ye bhi dekh liya.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

kmkraoind wrote:
prahaar wrote: An eye-opener for all Indians what tax funded institutions like JMI, JNU, etc. are breeding. I feel SG did this program to REFRESH ghetto mentality.
I think Sagarika is doing great favor to NaMo. By showing such biased mentality, she is pushing more neutral voters towards BJP. She is creating an atmosphere, which scares Hindus. She is an useful idiot. If possible, encourage Sagarika to do more such programs and air them just before election dates. Actually I really miss Teesta and Shabnam Hasmi sound bites.
http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/454768/ftp ... hance.html

They will never come out of their victim mentality. Half of them look ready to become recruits for ISI to me, given the amount of mouth frothing that occurred when they were talking about Hindus, RSS & NaMo. Sad state of affair.

Added later : and there is a convenient Kashmiri ***** who pops up and says 'I never feel like a part of India' when asked by SG. Why the hell is he studying in a GoI funded institutions?
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

panduranghari wrote:Nah. Modi has read Atri ji's post about panipat and how Hindus have to repay the debt when Jats/Sikhs did not come. This time it seems Rohan will answer and the Rohirrim are being mustered.
:-?
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

NaMo supports GST (= VAT + Service Tax) , and NaMo also perhaps supports FDI en-masse and perhaps NaMo also supports FDI in retail

Many moons ago, I had said that MNC-owners will use threat of AK to force BJP-leaders to remove or weaken Swadeshi , Hindutva etc from BJP-manifesto. Either that or whatever may be the reason, NaMo has declared support GST. GST is combination of VAT and Service Tax , with some superficial simplifications, but essentially all elements of Service Tax and VAT are there in GST. Other statements of NaMo can be seen as IMPLICIT support to en-masse FDI including FDI in retail. They are outright open statement in support though. The statement are

1. " ... country's millions of family-owned traders must learn to work with large modern stores and online retailers, in comments that could signal a shift in thinking."

2. "[Modi] urged Indian business not to fear global challenges ... "

3. "I don't know whether it will benefit me politically or not... There is no need to be scared by the global challenges. Convert the challenges into opportunity," Modi said, while urging them to concentrate on quality and weeding out unscrupulous elements.

The statements are cleverly worded support for FDI including FDI in retail. Because traders never opposed local Indian run online stores or local large stores like reliance fresh. The opposition was ONLY against videshi online or floor retailers

NaMo asks Indian businesses to compete against global biggies from day one. And I am NOT sure if he can improve courts or improve administrative rules on which business depend heavily on day one or even next 5 years. So IMO most likely local businesses will get crushed. They will become sub-contractors at best. The increase in dominance of MNC-owners will also strengthen Missionaries in long run.

Solution I propose is that nationalists should start supporting law-drafts that would improve efficiency of local industrialists. They should NOT hope that NaMo will bring these laws, as NaMo will be dependent on MNC-paid-mediamen for long time to come. Also, MNC-owners will ensure that BJP is forced to give tickets to many MNC-agents in BJP , and so even if NDA has 300-350 MPs, most of them will be MNC-agents. Which laws-drafts can reduce inefficieny of local businesses? There is a long list, that I cant discuss here.

====

Swadeshi , Hinduvadies got cheated and cant even cry

If NaMo had told that he would support FDI, and would also "go slow" on TriDevayalay issue and other Swadeshi/Hinduvadi issues 2 years back, then Swadeshi/Hinduvadies would have started looking for alternatives. But till recently, NaMo kept a Hinduvadi/Swadeshi posture and so Hinduvaadi/Swadeshi activists dumped alternative platform. So alternative platform didnt grow due to lack of activists' support. Now at 11th hour, NaMo is saying "hell with Swadeshi and we must go slow on Hinduvaad" And go slow may mean full stop. So no matter how much sour taste Swadeshi/Hinduvaadies have in mouth, they have no option but say "NaMo jindabad". At the same time, Swadeshi/Hinduvaadi cannot claim in jun-2014 that NaMo didnt keep his words. Because if there were to complain, then NaMo can easily say "see, I told you all way back in Feb-2014 that I am anti-Swadeshi and I said go-slow on Hinduvaad". So Swadeshi/Hinduvaadi will get used and cant even cry foul in jun-2014. They will have to not only put, but also stay shut up.
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2014/02/2 ... pure-luck/

unrealtimes has this nice piece on rise of modi. Personally I feel the credit should be given to the moron in tenJ who probably might have asked haji Bilal to do the needful.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Chandragupta wrote:
panduranghari wrote:Nah. Modi has read Atri ji's post about panipat and how Hindus have to repay the debt when Jats/Sikhs did not come. This time it seems Rohan will answer and the Rohirrim are being mustered.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Rohirrim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohan_(Middle-earth)
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

So the states that have backed INC for 10+ years are the ones that are to be broken up? Is that what the people of those states get for backing the INC? First AP and now Assam.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I don't think splitting up Assam is viable. Assam is a mish-mash of different tribes often non-contiguous. It will create more problem than solve. Best is to create autonomous councils and hand over power to the tribes.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Janabe Aali, that is an eye opener. An AIT theory developing right before our eyes. And this adna murid thought Rohirrim has something to do with Moharrum.

Ok now for the sweet revenge.

Posting in full so it can be enjoyed in full.
http://www.niticentral.com/2014/02/27/y ... 94094.html
Yogendra Yadav: The sting in the survey
Sandhya Jain - 27 Feb 2014

In the wake of a sting operation exposing 11 opinion poll agencies as willing to tweak their findings and show higher results for certain parties, obviously for a consideration, some television news channels and news magazines have cancelled their contracts with the named agencies. The head of a leading news channel, worried about how this may affect the credibility of election specials he intends to run, has let it be known that the CSDS and AC Nielsen were the only two agencies that did not succumb to the temptations offered by News Express.

The Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), of course, means psephologist Yogendra Yadav who is the “eminence grise” in the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and has an enviable reputation for generally getting his predictions right. It is said that as an experienced pollster, Yogendra Yadav realised that the Congress was sinking beyond retrieval; so he and some of his close friends then founded the AAP to attract the committed but disillusioned voter of the Congress and the Communist parties. Prior to the AAP, however, he was close to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and was appointed to the National Advisory Committee (NAC) in 2010 to oversee implementation of the Right to Education Act, which pushed the burden of educating children from economically weaker sections on the middle class families having school going children.

It, therefore, comes as a surprise to learn that Yogendra Yadav has had some very ‘oh my gosh’ moments when he did his wishful thinking – or tweaking – out loud, in print which is not easy to wash off. In an opinion poll, he conducted in July 2013 for the “State of the Nation”, Yogendra Yadav announced that Narendra Modi comes nowhere close to Rahul Gandhi as the preferred choice for next Prime Minister. The poll found that “Just 5 per cent want Modi as PM, while 42 per cent want Rahul Gandhi”. Also, 34 per cent of those polled wanted Rahul Gandhi to immediately replace Manmohan Singh.

Such startling findings are not accidental with Yadav. In the Gujarat Assembly election of 2007, voting for which was held on December 13 and 17 where a record 71.32 per cent votes were cast, Yogendra Yadav opined, “This election may well be the long deferred moment of truth for the man who invoked popular mandate to bypass norms, laws or the Constitution. We cannot yet say that he will lose this election. But a journey through Saurashtra is enough to suggest that the BJP is losing ground in this crucial region. Exit polls would measure the extent of this loss, but at this stage the indications are enough to think about what was unspeakable some time ago; Modi can lose the election.” (Modi’s moment of truth, The Indian Express, December 11, 2007).

Yadav wrote this, just two days before polling :rotfl: , on the basis of an opinion poll he conducted. The article suggests that he would also do an exit poll, and it would be interesting to see the statistics he put out at that time. But we do have his homilies on Indian Secularism’s bête noire, “Neither is it a routine case of anti-incumbency, nor more appropriately a punishment for misgovernance…” Yadav does not explain what he means by misgovernance and even contradicts himself several times while trying to build up the villainy of Narendra Modi, “the claims of the Gujarat Government on development are not altogether false. A Dalit Congress Sarpanch in a remote village would concede that electricity, education and health facilities have gotten better in the last five years”. Admitting that Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in the State, he insists nevertheless that, “This election is not about Modi”.

Clearly, Yogendra Yadav failed to read his tea leaves properly! He seems to have taken much of his briefing from disgruntled elements of the discarded Congress raj, or how else can one explain the following, “Democracy’s revenge is taking an unusual and perhaps unholy form in this election. Modi’s success depended upon shutting down the routine and normal business of politics of having to share power with anyone. He managed to close down the routine patronage system by working through bureaucrats and appealing directly to the people… He refused to pay any attention not just to the Opposition, but also to media and civil society. He has been mindful of caste and local equations, but planned the election in such a way that these messy factors should not become overriding”.

“The 2007 election was to be about Gujarati asmita, about a State that has discovered its identity and vibrancy, thanks to Modi. In short, this election was to be a plebiscite on Modi. This is not how it has turned out. While Modi could tame the opposition and shut up his critics, he could not shut down democratic politics. This election is about the resurfacing of normal politics… This may well prove the nemesis of Narendra Modi”, says Yadav.

Yogendra Yadav is unable to explain how Narendra Modi can lose. He realises that the inner party rebellion has been over-rated by the media and that even Keshubhai Patel does not add up to much. He seems to have placed his bets on a covert RSS sabotage; possibly he over-rated the importance of a certain dissident from the Vishwa Hindu Parishad.

After travelling from constituency to constituency, the CSDS expert concludes, “caste-community equations have resurfaced with a vengeance, and this necessitated doing a fresh arithmetic of the kind we did only in Bihar or Haryana. …. It is not that the BJP has not done its caste arithmetic carefully or that its choice of candidates is indifferent. It is just that this is not BJP’s game”. By protecting himself with a disclaimer that the final outcome is still unknown, Yadav is unable to resist a venomous dig at the Chief Minister, “we do know that for all its flaws, normal politics is perhaps the best guarantee against the dark side of democracy that Gujarat has witnessed”.

In the light of the above, it seems reasonable to deduce that the AAP and its national ambitions were planned many years before it actually burst on the Delhi spectrum. As for Gujarat 2007 election, the BJP won 117 seats and 49.1 per cent of the votes polled; Congress won 59 seats and 38 per cent of the votes; the remaining 6 seats went to others. In the previous election of 2002, the BJP won 127 seats and 49.9 per cent votes; Congress got 51 seats and 39.3 per cent of the votes; the remaining 4 seats went to others. Thus, while BJP’s seats and vote share declined marginally, Congress gained 8 seats in 2007 but actually lost vote share, yet the nation’s leading psephologist concluded that Narendra Modi was set to lose the poll.

The ‘bad news’ continues. The Pew Research Centre, in a survey conducted across India between December 7, 2013 and January 12, 2014, reports that 63 per cent Indians favour BJP as against only 19 per cent for Congress in the forthcoming general election (February 26, 2014). While support for a BJP-led Government is strongest in the north, it is also roughly equal in rural and urban areas suggesting a deep erosion of the Congress’s rural base which has not been overcome by the employment and food security programmes.

In terms of personal popularity, Narendra Modi is miles ahead of the others with 78 per cent holding a favourable view of him as compared to 16 per cent who hold an unfavourable view. Yogendra Yadav would really need to explain his own findings from just six months ago. But what is really interesting is that Pew Research Centre finds in its survey that Rahul Gandhi is seen favourably by 50 per cent and unfavourably by 43 per cent. According to the survey, the ardent support for the Gujarat Chief Minister is 60 per cent while only 23 per cent have a very favourable opinion of the Congress heir apparent. Congress President Sonia Gandhi is seen favourably by 49 per cent but unfavourably by 46 per cent. Manmohan Singh ranks higher with 52 per cent support.

Meanwhile, the Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath has tossed the decision on banning opinion polls to the Government saying that the Election Commission had suggested certain restrictions way back in 2004 and now it was for the government to act on it. The Congress wants the Commission to invoke its powers under Article 324 of the Constitution to ensure free and fair polls by banning opinion polls, till 48 hours from the time polling closes, for the forthcoming general election.
amitvora
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amitvora »

Regarding FDI in India - Here are my thoughts.

Namo is on the right path. Those that are saying Swadeshi, Swadeshi, has absolutely no idea how globalization works. Today, to make a car, for example, parts come from all over the world. Did you know that if you need a strong magnet, the row metal for that comes from China? And did you know that even the great and accurate missiles of US, require magnets, exotic metals for which come from China. Globalization is here to stay. If you don't understand, watch this video on how a Pencil is made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXATeYOCk_E
What Indians need to do is follow the Chinese Model: - Use the technology and money from FDI and develop strong local markets. But to do that we need money and execution. Whether people like to hear this or not, Indians lack the organization and execution strengths (it is generalization). Modi was right the other day when he said, that Indians come up with great plans but fail miserable at executing them. He is the one who can, because he has done that for the past 10 years.
Anyways, we should not start blaming him for anything yet. He is not a PM. What he is saying is just what he plans to do, his ideas, his vision for India. First and foremost, we need to get him cross 272 on BJP's own strength. Then we can start discussing everything else about economy and making India a superpower.
Amit
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

amitvora wrote:Regarding FDI in India - Here are my thoughts.

Namo is on the right path. Those that are saying Swadeshi, Swadeshi, has absolutely no idea how globalization works. Today, to make a car, for example, parts come from all over the world. Did you know that if you need a strong magnet, the row metal for that comes from China? And did you know that even the great and accurate missiles of US, require magnets, exotic metals for which come from China. Globalization is here to stay. If you don't understand, watch this video on how a Pencil is made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXATeYOCk_E
What Indians need to do is follow the Chinese Model: - Use the technology and money from FDI and develop strong local markets. But to do that we need money and execution. Whether people like to hear this or not, Indians lack the organization and execution strengths (it is generalization). Modi was right the other day when he said, that Indians come up with great plans but fail miserable at executing them. He is the one who can, because he has done that for the past 10 years.
Anyways, we should not start blaming him for anything yet. He is not a PM. What he is saying is just what he plans to do, his ideas, his vision for India. First and foremost, we need to get him cross 272 on BJP's own strength. Then we can start discussing everything else about economy and making India a superpower.
Amit
While in general you have a point. I think what people in the current generation refer to as swadeshi is swadeshi technology. You can source from anywhere and even get some tech. But the point is, dont make it a situation where MNC's will manufacture abroad (or in best plants put up some plants here with their machines) and sell products into india. India for sure needs to learn to make stuff itself. You cannot have a billion plus cell phone users without a single mobile phone manufacturer. That is all we mean by swadeshi. This whole concept of service based economy needs to rolled back and you need to grow with a strong manufacturing base. That is the only way you will be a diversified economy. Now you cant just grow manufacturing. You need to incentivise it. If you allow everyone to dump their products, then a local manufacturer can hardly compete immediately. Give him 10 years and let india's manufacturing stand on its feet and then we can allow every tom and harry.

The last 20 years we have seen so much of globalization and its impact on india. We have had good years with lot of private equity. We are paper tigers with some many junk engineers being rolled out every year. Can you name 10 modern breakthrough technological innovations in india in the last 20 years in any sector (electronics/medical/automobile.. you name it). Typically in most places these kind of cool inventions power the economy and add value. Necessity is the mother of invention and if you keep flooding your market with stuff from outside, nothing will get made here. India has some decent defence/missile tech (whatever little we have) because nobody gives it to us. So we are forced to invent. Unless we go into that league, we at best will remain a low/lower-middle income country with no technological base on its own. I am not proposing a ban on foreign goods, i am just saying setup policies in such a way that domestic manufacturing should get a boost. High speed trains in the country should run on engines made by a startup company in silchar founded by some grads from a local univ. I am know we cant do that right away. But setup policies (educational/fiscal) in such a way that it is feasible 10 years down the line.

China these days is making a lot of new stuff. They are moving up the value chain and they have put systems in place. We cannot just copy the chinese model, because when china did that, the scenario was different, even with minimal industrial complex, they still faced no threat of dumping because they were still dead cheap and have some industry base. Whereas, we do face that threat and we need to safeguard against that even if we decide to open up and we have no base to speak of (whatever we had has been destroyed in the last 10 years).
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Posting here for greater visibility.
VK Singh sends legal notice to Shinde

http://www.thenewsminute.com/stories/VK ... xCd2c7ICVq
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

The issue is not whether Swadeshi is good or bad or ugly. Or whether Hinduvaad is good or bad or ugly. Or whether we should go slow on Hinduvaad or go at full speed. So whether this go slow on Hinduvaad is go slow or full stop. The issue is if NaMo has fooled the Hinduvaadies/Swadeshies activists or not.

What NaMo is saying today i.e. "lets go slow on Hinduvaad" and "lets welcome FDI including FDI in retail" is something NaMo could have also said 3 years ago. In that case, Swadeshi/Hinduvaadies would have had ample time to create electoral alternative to BJP. But NaMo showed an extreme Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi posture and thus convinced Swadeshi/Hinduvaadies to shun away all alternatives. So Hinduvaadies\Swadeshies said "get lost" to all alternatives. A real movement and real leadership grows on activists. By creating a Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi posture , NaMo ensured that fake or genuine Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi alternatives dont get any time\energy from Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi activists and thus they do not grow at all.

Now at 11th hour , NaMo says "FDI will be welcomed and Hinduvaad will be tenth priority". And the Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi activists have now no leader or even a senior activist to look for, And after election ends and after NaMo becomes PM, the Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi activists cant even cry foul.

I have been pointing out series of back steps. The most alarming was BJP-leaders' supporting Sonia Gandhi's decision to postpone release of Hindu % numbers in census-2011. But Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi were blind by andh-bhakti, and insisted on ignoring away all alarms. And alarm raisers like myself got dubbed as congress agents, leftists etc etc .

The Hinduvaadi\Swadeshi activists acted foolish --- they have NO electoral backup now. And it is their fault ONLY --- they didnt spend time in creating an electoral backup. They spent all their time and energy in slogan shouting and mask wearing. Now if at 11th hour, they feel optionless, then only they are to be blamed.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

amitvora wrote:Regarding FDI in India - Here are my thoughts.

Amit
NaMo is on the right path that is not something to doubt here.

But how does swadeshi stop you from getting row magnets etc.?

And would love to have you post the chinese model on the china thread. The strong local market you are talking about is a running raging debate there with proper non-hindutvavaadi, non-swadeshi, proper global citizens working against that motion.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

^^ Rahul Mehta Sir,

Correct me if I am wrong, I just googled back into history and I see that 2001 Census religion breakup was released on Sep 6, 2004 by Census Commissioner JK Banthia. Now whether, it took them that long or whether BJP also followed the same principle before LS 2004 election to slow down the release, I dont know.

My point is Congress is not doing anything different. It may indeed take them time until Sep 6, 2014. In fact it would have surely helped BJP in 2004 to release the data before hand if they could have before the election. We can argue all we want about this. But fact is 2001 census breakdown by religion was released in Sep 2004 and I see no conspiracy if that gets repeated this time and the figures are released in Sep 2014.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Perspicacity that comes with direct experience. To kill for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h35_MESq_ms

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Rapid counter attack with no restrains. That is NM style. As per media reports Mafia also decided to do attacking campaign this time.

All Pappu ordinances are not going to come as per the media reports as mafia is afraid President may not sign and there may be serious opposition for such a move in the nation.
durvasa
BRFite

Post by durvasa »

Mehta Bhai, lucky you! You never voter BJP or Namo ever. So no one can ever blame you for being misled or for following fake deshbhakts. You are the only real hinduvadi and swadesi.

But I am surprised why, like aaptards, your every assertion is about how Namo is screwing hinduvadis and why all others supporting Namo are foolish and "andhbhakt".

Come on, if you are looking to win votes for yourself here, please do that directly if mods allow. Perhaps you are indirectly saying that hinduvadis and deshbhakts should ditch Namo and vote for you. Please don't make completely random allegation, based on the headline of the day, and think that everyone else is an idiot. Sometimes you sound like a Lilliputian version of Kejriwal.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

no actually he cant say the obvious without insulting our intelligence - Vote for Madamji!!
Afterall lifafas are good!! Even if one vote converts it is a win!!
See that Septic inspector book called 'The Hindu'. The appeal is being made how Hindus are tolerant and not Taliban, they should allow a book that
abuses them!! using our own good intentions against us!! Here also our good intention of deshbhakti etc is being used against us to go and vote
Madam or a guy who gets 3000 votes in a LS!!
It is only AAP lite!!
jagga
BRFite

Post by jagga »

Modi calls Sonia a '10 numbri' Gandhi :rotfl:
Taking a dig at the Gandhi family and Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi called her 'Dus (10) numbri Gandhi', which in Hindi is used for a 'crook', during his rally in Karnataka's Gulbarga on Friday.
One question please, Would Rahul G get the 10 Janpath residence after Sonia's swargwaas?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Chandragupta wrote:
This time we dont know if Maarathas will show up !

Bhool Ke Bharat Maaaa Ka yeh Naam
Xongi karte hai Tarka Myya Ko Parnam.
Majority Maarti Rahe,Apna Jeevan Karre Aarpan
Minority Dekhe Na Kabbi, Mukhra In Darpan ,

Yeh Pseeeudo Secularism Ki Reet,Yeh RNI Ke Chhalaveyy
Desh Ke Tukre Tukre kar Bechne Wale
Aise Bewakoof,Bhrirshtachari Netao ka nahi Raaj Chalega
Modi, Abb In Sabb Ka Patta Saaf Karega ,
Sons of Soil ke saath Insaaf Karega.

Congi, Dhongi, Bhongi Abb koi Bacch Naa Payega
Koi Rome, Koi London, Koi Dc Bhaag Jayegaa,
Flight manifestos pey lagga Do tight tight Pehre
Exit Control Pey Chapka Do inn Corrupts Ke Chehre
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

But how does swadeshi stop you from getting row magnets etc.?
Rare earth materials used for magnets come largely from Chinese exports. But all these are mined in Tibet and not in China. We would be getting our assured supply plus enough for exports if Nehru had not screwed up.

Request: Anyone has Modi's Bhagat Singh allegedly in Andaman Jail speech? Can they post it here?

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

AK smile
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

^^^ Harbans ji, link link link - please
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Abhijit the ToI site says the e-Nagar speech in Gandhinagar. The speech is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlw3L5Xoq1g

It's in Gujarati, but can someone point me where he talked about Bhagat SIngh?

This is the ToI article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 125855.cms

This is where ToI points ti the e-Nagar speech:
Modi made the gaffe while discussing his vision of India in 2022, 75 years after Independence, at the inaugural function of e-Nagar in Gandhinagar on Wednesday. Recalling the contribution of the revolutionaries who had sacrificed their lives during the freedom struggle, Modi went on to claim that Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru had spent time in the Andaman jail.

"The mere mention of Bhagat Singh and his friends makes our hair stand on end. Why did all these people go to the gallows? Why did they spend time in Andaman-Nicobar islands? The freedom they struggled for should be glowing in its 75th year," Modi said.
He starts speaking somewhere at the 56 min mark..

so someone please do point out where he makes this alleged 'gaffe' about Bhagat Singh?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

OK the alleged Bhagat Singh gaffe is here at 1:22 mark onwards. Can someone translate exactly what he said: Is it the ToI version:
"The mere mention of Bhagat Singh and his friends makes our hair stand on end. Why did all these people go to the gallows? Why did they spend time in Andaman-Nicobar islands? The freedom they struggled for should be glowing in its 75th year," Modi said.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

even if he made a mistake...this is truly pathetic sikular clutching at straws....let raul gandhi sit for a exam and we will see how much he scores on indian history!
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

or even these TOI guys!! or there patrons the Jains!!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

jagga wrote:Modi calls Sonia a '10 numbri' Gandhi :rotfl:
Taking a dig at the Gandhi family and Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi called her 'Dus (10) numbri Gandhi', which in Hindi is used for a 'crook', during his rally in Karnataka's Gulbarga on Friday.
One question please, Would Rahul G get the 10 Janpath residence after Sonia's swargwaas?
Now Family hagiographer Guha will wail about how Modi lacks civility! :rotfl:
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

There was'nt a mistake too. Veer Savarkars death anniversary was on 27th too. Just because he is a son of soil type Guju/Hindi speaking guy, some of these pseudo liberal elite think he's a dumb villager type. The bigger mistake they make is they are equating an Indian villager with an Idiot. Irony is their own knowledge of History is trash.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

They made a big deal of Shyam Kishan Verma being confused as Shyam Prasad Mookerjee. Little do they know, it was Modi that worked hard and ultimately himself carried Shyam Kishan Vermas ashes from abroad to India as per his wishes. A man who has done all that doesn't know SK Verma from SP Mookerjee? Not only is this insulting the truth but insulting the effort Namo took to get those ashes back. Did any of the media report on that?
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Amongst all politicians only NaMo weaves India's past tells the present what to look for in the future in his speeches.

It is also eductaional at least for me reading or litsenming to his speeches about past of India.

My admiration for this person keeps going up and up.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

The Bhagat Singh 'issue' isn't worth anyone's time EVEN if Modi actually could have been argued to have stated so, by deconstructing his Gujarati syntax. This is election season. A lot of mud will be thrown, hoping something sticks. Some things are so tenuous that they don't stick unless people actually bother to give them any importance.

Trivia accuracy is an American political game. It simply is not a matter of consequence in the Indian political scene, especially when one of the PM candidates might quite possibly have a problem telling apart the difference between Bhagat Singh and Banta Singh.