Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Sanku »

nageshks wrote:
Sanku wrote:The move with LJP is excellent in Bihar. I am not sure which cadre is upset. These seats are from JD(U) kitty mostly anyway.
These are the upset folks, Sanku-ji.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/lok-sabha-po ... 08-81.html
Thank you Nagesh-ji. I am sure the important folks will be taken care of. There are many duffer MPs from BJP in Bihar who won last time on BJP-JDU wave. This time they need to be changed, there are many available seats.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Watched a few minutes of some programming on undie. AK420 was there. The damn thing was so off-putting, so uninspiring, so completely unsavoury, that i was forced to flip channels. Hosted by Madhu Trehan. I think that is the program NaMo said no to. And thank god. It would have been such a crash from the massed artillery and armor battles we now take for granted.

NaMo already has a good extensive schedule. If you want intensity in it then the next stop for NaMo should be the massive CAS battle. Get all the Bahudurs and Shamshers into action with Mirages getting a few juicy targets with their LGBs.

For Hindutva vaadi crowd - Make an exclusive event with BR, Rajiv Malhotra, General Saab and some big shot from RSS.

For those looking for an economic vision - They can think of getting Arvind Pangariya and probably some retailer/industrialists, Alagh type consultants etc. to share stage with NaMo.

For those interested in Defence harware - All he needs to do is to mention in one of these programs that he would privatize a lot of the defence industry and get the PSUs and Research establishments to focus on strategic issues. Not many votes here though.

For those interested in day to day aspects of economics like inflation etc. - BJP should get the womenfolk to the BJP to spearhead a program designed to convince the homemakers about how their votes affect their grocery budget. Probably rope in Ekta Kapoor types for short 0.5-1 minute skits/adverts. Necessarily capable of being shared on the SM and print adverts with Irani in the lead in the north and Sitaraman in the south. Both of them have a good teacher's coefficient.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

subhamoy.das wrote:NAMO has made another bad move of tying up with LJP. Cadres and party MLAs are upset. This will hurt him as there will be sabotage now. NAMO making wrong moves close to finish line. And he also seems to have peaked early. As they say, too much of any thing is bad.
I am neither a cadre nor a party MLA and I am also upset. NaMo did not give me the MP ticket, and instead it went to a LJP kommunal candidate. My dreams of becoming a cabinet minister now lay shattered and will sabotage the elections of the LJP Kommunal candidate.

Here are my other colleagues:
Dr CP Thakur, Giriraj Singh and Ashwani Kumar Choubey were lobbying for Lok Sabha tickets but were disappointed as the three seats which they were eyeing went into LJP's bag. Registering a strong protest, they have also written to BJP President Rajnath Singh over the way the state unit was being run.

Thakur and Giriraj Singh belong to the Bhumihar community and are otherwise vocal supporters of Modi, the BJP's prime ministerial candidate. Choubey, a legislator from Bhagalpur, and Azad, elected from Darbhanga, are Brahmins. They too are opposed to the alliance with the Lok Janshakti Party.

Three senior leaders, namely, Dr CP Thakur, Giriraj Singh and Ashwani Chaubey skipped Modi's Muzaffarpur rally in protest.
Sources say that the dissident in Bihar BJP is only likely to grow in the coming days, especially after candidates for 30 seats left in the party's kitty are announced.
See I now have sum total of 3 in my opposition_to_bjp_but_support_NaMo4PM party and will get some 30 more. Overall, I will impact 34 seats in UP. This will be a major blow to Modi. I *will* canvass that my vote is for Modi but not for BJP and hence you should not vote for BJP in the upcoming elections. This will be a major blow to Modi. But first, I should stand in the elections as a rebel candidate. If I win, will join BJP in my own terms. If I lose (but take away votes from BJP/LJP candidate and make them loose as well) my further chances of being MLA/MP in the future on BJP tkt are gone_with_wind and if I lose big time I will look like a #desipappu.
subhamoy.das wrote:The way he is going, first muslim aplogy and the LJP alliance, his escape may not happen.
Did you sir, even read the "muslim apology"? If not, you should read it first before bringing it in (or read rest of the BRF Posters talk about it). Second, sir, are you trying an reverse-jinx? If so - please put the word "reverse jinx" otherwise it looks like a rona-dhona post!

On the bolded part, NaMo is not ranchod., so cannot escape. Trying to put #pappu'ism on NaMo is not working. My 2 paise onleee.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ravi_g wrote:Watched a few minutes of some programming on undie. AK420 was there.
Why? Curiosity got few minutes of your life!
BJP should get the womenfolk to the BJP to spearhead a program designed to convince the homemakers about how their votes affect their grocery budget. Probably rope in Ekta Kapoor types for short 0.5-1 minute skits/adverts. Necessarily capable of being shared on the SM and print adverts with Irani in the lead in the north and Sitaraman in the south. Both of them have a good teacher's coefficient.
Excellent, like how GoI decisions impact the housewife and how they can fix it - just by being aware and asking right questions.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Bhai now you are rubbing it in. :). I am already feeling like molested.

Also About getting the womenfolk involved. I wasn't thinking about them asking the right questions. Women can only ask the wrong one. I was thinking more like getting a short simple message in and then let the womenfolk bug their hubbies.

Would love to see one of the guys from the bum-pathaka thread get the life sucked out of him. BRF==politics, Office==more politics, Home==even more goddamned politics :rotfl: .
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

tomorrow election dates are being announced. April2nd is the starting date. 7 or 9 rounds of voting.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Singha wrote:I just realized swami vivekanda and namo share their first name.
and while the first was from rmk mission, the second wanted to join there too.
I suspect at least 10-15% BRFItes had the similar thought of joining RKM in their YesterYears.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Mar 04. 2014
By Bhavana Vij-Aurora
LK Advani joins Rahul Gandhi in criticising BJP for being 'oneman show': Economic Times
NEW DELHI: BJP's preeminent party elder, LK Advani, has critiqued the Narendra Modi-led and dominated campaign effort by telling the party's senior leaders that it is becoming "a one-man party". Advani has also told BJP leaders that he agrees with Rahul Gandhi's critique of BJP being dominated by one leader.

BJP's seniormost leaders who spoke to ET for this story, on condition they not be identified, said Advani has been making similar observations over the last few weeks, as Modi's campaign has gathered tempo. But the sharpest critique, one BJP leader said, came at the February 27 meeting of BJP's central election committee.

Modi, Advani and Rajnath Singh were among those who attended the meeting. Another leader, who also attended the meeting, said Advani made his observations as leaders were looking at pros and cons of prospective candidates to finalise the party's first list. Modi was seated next to Advani. Advani, this leader added, said he agrees with Rahul Gandhi's critique, which was made in Haryana on February 24, that BJP has been reduced to a oneman show. When another leader proposed that BJP should counter this, Advani is learnt to have said, "There's nothing wrong with what he ( Rahul Gandhi) has said." Another meeting attendee said when Advani made these remarks, "there was uncomfortable silence".
"Modi kept quiet", this leader said, while others "didn't take the point forward".

Rajnath Singh, who this leader said was seated on the other side of Advani, "broke the silence and started talking about candidate selection". Advani could not be contacted.

The party elder's scriticism of BJP's campaign style has been expressed at other party forums as well, a senior BJP leader closely involved with election strategy said. Another BJP leader, who's been a close associate of Modi, said: "Advaniji's criticism is not surprising...he had wanted to be the party's PM candidate."

Advani is learnt to have told the party leadership that "campaigning is a joint effort by the party where all senior leaders should take part...This time it is Modi and only Modi who is visible. What about others like Sushma Swaraj who are capable of holding the crowds' attention?" But a BJP strategist told ET Advani's critique is "misplaced". "Every state unit is sending requests for Modi rallies," this leader said. "He's the biggest draw...right now, only Modi and Rajnath are on the move."

Advani and Modi has had a strained relationship for months now, with the party elder famously quitting the party upon Modi's elevation as campaign committee chief in BJP's Goa conclave in June 2013.

Subsequently, when BJP named Modi as its PM candidate, Advani had stayed away from the party's parliamentary board meeting.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Unnamed sources - was that person me or RM ji?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Giriraj singh and kirti azad have clarified publicly that they are with namo and are fine with the alliance. Bichare giriraj ji's brother had an accident but he still went to receive namo at the airport and told him that he cannot be at the rally as he had to see his brother.

He has even tweeted all this

Rest all is media fart onlee
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

We endured 5 years of how Advani was against Vajpayee and vice versa...now his game
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Advani is not helping either by refusing to refuting these MSM FUD.
Has he campaigned? If not, WTF he is in BJP for? Its time RSS throws out that turncoat and his coterie.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Shhh..he is next president in waiting...if ss doesn't take it first.
fitting place for him..good perks..no damage causing potential.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

SS as president? Ah, another character. Her enduring legacy is banning of TV6, which in our times robbed us honest abduls of daily dose of pleasure. :)

Let's not insult the highest office of the republic.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

The media wants to create mischief and they are succeeding. However much I like or dislike Advaniji, unless there is a video clip I will say it is presstitude's work.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

RajeshA wrote: LK Advani joins Rahul Gandhi in criticising BJP for being 'oneman show': Economic Times
NEW DELHI: BJP's preeminent party elder, LK Advani, has critiqued the Narendra Modi-led and dominated campaign effort by telling the party's senior leaders that it is becoming "a one-man party". Advani has also told BJP leaders that he agrees with Rahul Gandhi's critique of BJP being dominated by one leader.

BJP's seniormost leaders who spoke to ET for this story, on condition they not be identified, said Advani has been making similar observations over the last few weeks, as Modi's campaign has gathered tempo.
Yeah right! BJP's seniormost leaders, who have every reason to keep something like this (if it did actually happen) in house, went and spoke to ET of all the rags. This is another lifafa article trying to paint a picture of dissension within the BJP. They do this before every election.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

After the elections, NaMo should reconstitute a new BJP Parliamentary Board getting rid of all dead wood and snakes.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Guys! do you expect a "Murga" not to flutter while about to be "halaled"? Vajpayee Congress can see it's impending death hence "Phadphadaing". Just enjoy!
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

nitish kumar plumbs new lows...insinuates that modi did the bihar blasts in his rally by saying "who benefited from it" :roll:
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

Okey-dokey.

By the way my real name is Deng Xiaoping. Don't tell anyone.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

India’s Muslims Wary of Rising Political Star
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/04/world ... .html?_r=0
LUCKNOW, India — Salim Shah was cooking egg and chicken rolls on a dusty side street here when India’s most controversial national politician flew to a nearby park in a red helicopter and addressed hundreds of thousands of screaming supporters.
Mr. Shah said that he and his 12-year-old son, who sliced boiled eggs by Mr. Shah’s side, were too busy to attend the rally. But when asked how he intended to vote in what many observers believe is the most consequential Indian election since 1977, Mr. Shah gave a brief shrug.Mr. Shah is a Muslim; the nearby candidate was Narendra Modi, a Hindu nationalist whose relationship with Muslims has been fraught; and India is a country long riven by religious divisions.“I’m inclined to support Mr. Modi,” Mr. Shah said quietly. “It looks like he’s going to win, and why waste your vote by voting for someone who is not going to win?”Mr. Shah’s simple question could help determine whether India has a government divided among myriad regional power brokers or one dominated by Mr. Modi and his right-of-center Bharatiya Janata Party, or B.J.P. Mr. Modi attended a trade convention in New Delhi last week. Credit Reuters Mr. Modi’s trip to Lucknow on Sunday was the final major event of the pre-election season. India’s Election Commission is expected to announce this week the date for national elections, which will be held in April and May.Polls show that Mr. Modi is the nation’s most popular politician, but that may not be enough for him to win because political power in India is split among a vast collection of regional parties.
If Mr. Modi’s party can win here in Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state, he will be likely to have the mandate he needs to become prime minister and undertake the wrenching economic overhauls he has said India must undergo to return to the fast economic growth that at one point poised the country as a democratic rival to China. He has already visited the state eight times, and he installed his closest aide to oversee his operation here.There is an old political saying in India that the way to Delhi goes through Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh. From an American point of view, Uttar Pradesh has it all: the electoral heft of a California-Ohio-Michigan combination, the uncertainty of a Florida recount, the political tricks of a South Carolina primary and the stark community divisions of Mississippi.Disgust with the present government and disappointment with the Gandhi political dynasty are so widespread that Mr. Modi comes to the election with a huge advantage. But the scale of his success depends in part on whether he can persuade Muslims like Mr. Shah to support his candidacy, a difficult challenge. Muslims make up about 14 percent of the country’s population, and they have been a crucial part of the support base of the governing party, Indian National Congress, for years.
Mr. Modi was the chief minister of Gujarat State in 2002 when riots broke out after a Muslim mob set fire to a train carrying Hindu pilgrims, killing 58. Hindu mobs then attacked Muslim neighborhoods over several days. More than 1,000 people died, mostly Muslims, and women were raped and children burned alive as the police stood by. Mr. Modi was never charged in connection with the riots, but some of his close associates were convicted of inciting violence.He has been linked with a police assassination squad that mostly targeted Muslims. And he spent much of his career rising through the ranks of a right-wing Hindu social organization tied to deadly attacks on Muslims.
Given this history, many Muslim leaders in India say they will neither forgive nor forget Mr. Modi’s role in the 2002 Gujarat riots. Shakeel Ahmad, chairman of the Islamic Relief Committee of Gujarat, said that Mr. Modi’s political success resulted from demonizing Muslims.“Modi survives on hatred,” Mr. Ahmad said in an interview last year.
Syed Husain Afsar, editor of a Muslim-oriented news website in Lucknow, said that few Muslims in Uttar Pradesh would vote for Mr. Modi.ontinue reading the main story “This is an election tactic,” Mr. Afsar said. “Everyone knows he’s not secular.”But Mr. Modi has presided over an economy in Gujarat that is among the strongest in India, and he has promised to bring to the rest of the country his economic expertise. Few political observers believe he will win over many Muslims, but his outreach could persuade vital regional leaders, who themselves have large Muslim constituencies, that he is an acceptable partner.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Has any news item came that Hindus are unhappy about mafia and many of its b teams? Never. Any event election day is going to be announced today. 7 or 9 rounds elections. I have a serious problem with this many rounds as it allowed limited number of goondas to visit each of the places during election time and influance people. At least each state should go to polls on the same day.

Earlier all elections used to be one day affair. Now they are multi round affairs with huge gaps between. Entire nation is paralyzed during these months. I wonder it worth it.

Is there any efforts on NM/BJP part to have protection against EVM magic? I head nothing.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Okey-dokey.

So basically if this item is true, there is no reason to belived it is not, we have people in BJP parliamentory board speaking to ET and leaking news items about old man. Interestingly Sushma name comes as the leader who can pull crowds. So D4 is shooting over old man shoulders for Chinnamma. But no one stopped D4 from doing work on the ground. No one stopped anybody if Chinnamma go to her parliamentory seat at Vidhisha and see what is happening there. I am sure she has not visited that place in years. Why are go to Telangana are conduct meetings there? I am sure she is more than welcome. Karnataka ? Delhi? Huryana? She does nothing so far and wants to back stab NM to become the PM.

Why dont they just not understand if BJP gets a chance to form a govt after GE and D4 prevents NM from becoming PM - BJP simply is finished. This election is almost presidencial one.

By the way why announce a PM candidate in each GE and then say it became a one man show? Surely people will live to see and hear from the PM candidates. What the hell is your problem then?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Narayana Rao wrote:Has any news item came that Hindus are unhappy about mafia and many of its b teams? Never. Any event election day is going to be announced today. 7 or 9 rounds elections. I have a serious problem with this many rounds as it allowed limited number of goondas to visit each of the places during election time and influance people. At least each state should go to polls on the same day.

Earlier all elections used to be one day affair. Now they are multi round affairs with huge gaps between. Entire nation is paralyzed during these months. I wonder it worth it.

Is there any efforts on NM/BJP part to have protection against EVM magic? I head nothing.
It is mainly to do campaign with targeted message and possibly do EVM magic. In 2009, they finished Telangana elections in the first or second phase, as soon as elections over they flipped campaign message against Telangana and campaigned in non-Telangana.

For example, they can go with pro-muslim campaign if Muslim areas are going polls earlier and soon they are over they can flip and campaign with anti-Muslim campaign to reduce BJP share.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Narayana Rao wrote: So basically if this item is true, there is no reason to belived it is not, we have people in BJP parliamentory board speaking to ET and leaking news items about old man. Interestingly Sushma name comes as the leader who can pull crowds. So D4 is shooting over old man shoulders for Chinnamma. But no one stopped D4 from doing work on the ground. No one stopped anybody if Chinnamma go to her parliamentory seat at Vidhisha and see what is happening there. I am sure she has not visited that place in years. Why are go to Telangana are conduct meetings there? I am sure she is more than welcome. Karnataka ? Delhi? Huryana? She does nothing so far and wants to back stab NM to become the PM.

Why dont they just not understand if BJP gets a chance to form a govt after GE and D4 prevents NM from becoming PM - BJP simply is finished. This election is almost presidencial one.

By the way why announce a PM candidate in each GE and then say it became a one man show? Surely people will live to see and hear from the PM candidates. What the hell is your problem then?
the item claims that BJP people who wished to remain anonymous (thi single should have told discerning folks here and elsewhere
that this is a bogus item.
see saar tis BJP here you can criticize any BJP neta you will not be kicked out as in other arty where onree a single phrase of praise to NaMo or critical to HQ will expel you from the party, hence no need to be "anonymous"
LKA is assured of Rashtrapati Bhavan, why would he utter such a sentences which is going to spoil his chances to be President of India?
hainji?
it is all planted items to increase readership and do some damage to BJP so please stop losing your hair over this.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Lookslike pre-planned. Using "Katta" in an Engineering College function needs political connection.
B.Tech students shot at for reciting poem in praise of Narendra Modi
Piyush Srivastava | Mail Today | Lucknow, March 5, 2014 | UPDATED 09:06 IST

Two students of Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology in Allahabad were shot at on Monday after one of them recited a poem in praise of BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.

Third year B.Tech student Prashant Singh was reciting the poem in front of his friends in the canteen, when some of his classmates, owing allegiance to a rival political party, allegedly expressed anger and asked him to stop praising Modi. However, after Singh refused to bow down to their whims, two members of the other group-Atul Yadav and Anuj Yadav-pulled out country-made pistols and started firing indiscriminately, injuring Singh and a friend of his, after which they escaped. Eyewitnesses said seven other unidentified students blew crude bombs near the canteen to instill fear.

The injured students were admitted to a nearby hospital and the police registered a case of attempt to murder against Atul and Anuj.

"The student (Singh) had written a poem which he was to recite during the college annual function on March 8. But as per initial reports, the firing was a result of an old enmity," said R.K. Singh, inspector, Colonelganj area.

Incidentally, the incident took place just hours after Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav held a rally in the city, where he had attacked Modi with strong words.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nare ... 46847.html
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Singha-Saar, this matter has been dealt with in details by Kolkata newspapers.
NaMo's first name ('Narendra') was given by his parents after Swami Vivekananda.....
and then when naMo was 14 he wanted to join RKM, but Maharaj-ji sent him back saying that
he has "Raj-dharma" to perform. Later twice young NaMo went to RKM to join and become a
sannnyasi, but each time maharaj-ji turned him back with the same answer. .....
....What a coincidence.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Some people are fated to be pathfinders and leaders no matter what their background.

in his own way Mahdi and billg were chosen by the fates...
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

muraliravi wrote:Giriraj singh and kirti azad have clarified publicly that they are with namo and are fine with the alliance. Bichare giriraj ji's brother had an accident but he still went to receive namo at the airport and told him that he cannot be at the rally as he had to see his brother.

He has even tweeted all this

Rest all is media fart onlee
Giriraj Singh later tweeted that his brother has lost a leg in an accident.
alexis
BRFite

Post by alexis »

Elections announced - 9 phases from Apr 7 to May 12. Counting on May 16
New parliament to be constituted before May 31
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

Kati wrote:
Singha-Saar, this matter has been dealt with in details by Kolkata newspapers.
NaMo's first name ('Narendra') was given by his parents after Swami Vivekananda.....
and then when naMo was 14 he wanted to join RKM, but Maharaj-ji sent him back saying that
he has "Raj-dharma" to perform. Later twice young NaMo went to RKM to join and become a
sannnyasi, but each time maharaj-ji turned him back with the same answer. .....
....What a coincidence.
very interesting...Is there a link for that?
member_28257
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28257 »

Kejri got detained by GJ police for violation of election code of conduct.....why doing that ? Unnecessarily giving him chance to play victim card
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Now a Namo themed shop[ in a bengaluru mall... namo-ste bangaloreans...

Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

From Outlook so TIFWIW
Power rangers

Since the BJP is a party which upholds high moral values, one does not know if they subscribe to Henry Kissinger’s obs­ervation that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Nevertheless, power (or at least the prospect of it) has brought about a discernible bounce in the gait of the top brass. Everyone appears extra cheerful, confident and optimistic. I detect a new assertiveness in even the gentle BJP spokesperson, Nirmala Sitharaman. She is fast learning the tricks of the trade, the most important being the ability to dodge an awkward question by asking a counter-awkward question. Cabinet berths are already being distributed. The problem here is the Leader. NaMo doesn’t get on with most of the BJP First XI, except perhaps for Arun Jaitley. Sushma, Rudy, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Jaswant, Yashwant Sinha, Nitin Gadkari, even Rajnath Singh proclaim Modi’s praises out of compulsion. The ministry everyone covets is Home and Mr Jaitley believes it should go to him because of seniority and competence. Not everyone in the party agrees with Arun’s self-assessment. There is even talk of Modi loyalist Amit Shah getting it. If he does, he will be the first home minister in independent India to occupy the ministry while out on bail.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Outlook is and was a paper run by an ex ***** editor. To its credit, it does not camouflage being anti India and ant-indic in its core ideology - which is in synch with its owner, editor and various other employees!!
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ +1.

Very happy to see the psec knickers in twists upon twists. These jerks are too dense to see how namo is screwing kejri, by ignoring AAP completely. But media has always gone overboard in maligning namo and lotus. Result: they've develop powerful immunity to MSM dirty tricks.

More mockery and sarcasm and vitriol is always welcome. Helps sink MSM cred while bolstering that of team namo. Look at this now:

'NaMo' means salute to God: Manohar Parrikar
PANAJI: Faced with taunts by opposition benches that he was busy chanting 'NaMo', Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said the term means 'namaskar' to God in Hindu religion.

"You must not be knowing. 'NaMo' refers to God in Hindu religion. It means 'namaskar' to God," Parrikar said on the floor of the House during Question Hour.

The chief minister was responding to the taunts by Congress legislator Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco, who claimed Parrikar was busy chanting 'NaMo' — usually referred to BJP's prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi — and hence there are fears that Goa might be merged with Gujarat.

"Na Mo' is usually 'namaskar' to Lord Krishna," Parrikar said.

"But in this context ( Lok Sabha elections), we are doing final namaskar to Congress," he quipped.

The Gujarat reference was made in the House after Lourenco questioned why candidates for police sub-inspector's post were sent to that state for training, as against the conventional practice of sending them to Nasik (Maharashtra).
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

BTW is a 9 phase poll good or bad for Namo/BJP/Indic forces?
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

If you believe in EVM magic (and if true, then only small group of people will be managing it to keep it secret), then it is bad, these people will be everywhere. Rest, it doesn't matter.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Suraj wrote:
prahaar wrote:if there is a possibility of a de facto bipolar polity in India (at the national level)?
You mean a strong two-party system ? We already have a bipolar polity in India. They're almost in cuckooland, in fact...
:P :rotfl: :mrgreen:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

gujarat should kill the snake & team of aaptards by ignoring