Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by hanumadu »

^^The 'stopping BJP at 160 so LKA can become PM' is a view point which she seems to have picked up from BRF.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

This is the real problem with BJP.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

hanumadu wrote:^^The 'stopping BJP at 160 so LKA can become PM' is a view point which she seems to have picked up from BRF.

All right confess which one of you all is Madhu mausi? 8)
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Since 10-apr-2011, I have been saying that Anna-840 is just fame hungry freak.

Now please take a guess why BJP-apex ordered RSS-apex to order RSS-workers to support Anna from apr-2011 till almost end of 2011?
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Rahul Mehta ji, does it mean global MNCs have got into volunteer RSS pracharak top level too?
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Rahul Mehta wrote: Now please take a guess why BJP-apex ordered RSS-apex to order RSS-workers to support Anna from apr-2011 till almost end of 2011?
No idea saar, but I'm guessing it would include assorted MNCs and Saudi Arabians?

No seriously, I am myself amazed at the utter stupidity of BJP/RSS to back this movement which converted the anger against Congress to anger against all political parties.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Now please take a guess why BJP-apex ordered RSS-apex to order RSS-workers to support Anna from apr-2011 till almost end of 2011?
It's of course all because everybody is after getting positive attention from Saudi-funded Media!

Does one get some prize for guessing it right?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

nageshks wrote:
muraliravi wrote: Exactly Sir, The core Namo team know this very well and thats why they dont feed her. She is trying her best to warm up to the jingos by putting out news against D4 et al and thinking that this will fetch her favors with core Hindu BJP cadre and supporters.
MuraliRavi-ji,
Agree with you that she is trying to warm up to jingos. What I can't understand is why. She is Lootyens insider. She hates RSS (for 20+ years now). She hated NaMo until 2012 at least. Manushi was publishing anti-NaMo articles for a very very long time. She has never demonstrated any love for Hinduism. Why is she suddenly pro-Modi? What changed? Lootyens does not function on patriotism, or ideology - it is all about personal gain. Patriotism, ideology, thinking of country is all for middle class people, and Hindu afficionados, who personally stand to benefit very little from NaMo's accession, but are concerned for the country. So - what is that Lootyens insider doing, taking sides with Hindutva-vadis? What does she stand to gain by NaMo's victory? That is what worries me, and I have no answer to it.
I have a theory for all these journos who were once anti hindu, but now trying to jump to the other side. My guess is that, Namo and his core team (based on my interactions with couple of them) know very well the importance of media and what BJP has lost over the last 10 years by not having one single well watched national TV channel or well circulated print media that is pro-bjp or nationalistic or even centrist. My hunch is that once they are back in power, there will be a big change in this policy of BJP. They will used their backers to fund/start/modify(existing media outlets) to become BJP propaganda/Hindu ideology platforms (of course, not as overtly and stupidly as fox news types, but in smart sophisticated manner to prune and fine tune the next gen. indians.). They will obviously need a lot of new heads to do this job as journalists/anchors/editors etc.. I think all these new converts to the BJP/RSS/Hindu ideology are all looking for jobs in the future.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kapilrdave wrote:btw what is mamta doing in dilli? Is she or does she field TMC candidates in dilli?

She was checking out the PM's accomodations if it were worth bidding for as leader of Third Front.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

ramana wrote:
kapilrdave wrote:btw what is mamta doing in dilli? Is she or does she field TMC candidates in dilli?

She was checking out the PM's accomodations if it were worth bidding for as leader of Third Front.
Is there any constitutional provision by which Modi after becoming PM can say that Bengal is under invasion by immigration from Bangladesh and declare president's rule in West Bengal for 5 years. If possible, the move cant be that risky, BJP hardly has any stakes in Bengal, yah they will create some dharnas and ruckus, but I think they can handle that. Or can he use that threat to fix Mamta and ask her to follow a nationalist agenda.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Since 10-apr-2011, I have been saying that Anna-840 is just fame hungry freak.

Now please take a guess why BJP-apex ordered RSS-apex to order RSS-workers to support Anna from apr-2011 till almost end of 2011?

Because of Saudis, MNCs and the Rockefellers?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

muraliravi wrote:
ramana wrote: She was checking out the PM's accomodations if it were worth bidding for as leader of Third Front.
Is there any constitutional provision by which Modi after becoming PM can say that Bengal is under invasion by immigration from Bangladesh and declare president's rule in West Bengal for 5 years. If possible, the move cant be that risky, BJP hardly has any stakes in Bengal, yah they will create some dharnas and ruckus, but I think they can handle that. Or can he use that threat to fix Mamta and ask her to follow a nationalist agenda.
Have been thinking on this lines since a few years! The issue of illegals and citizenship rests with the Center! But for the implementation Center would need the help of the state. So one can think of President's Rule, but it would rile all the Bengalis and they may start demanding merger with rest of Bangladesh!

Hindus would have to go on the streets and become politically active!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No need for all that. West Bengal is in deep eocnomic distress and Mamta's USP has been to black mali UPA for funds. So that rope is still there. And after her nakra with Tata Nano, no one wants to risk thero money with her government.
She off her own accord can make WB investment friendly. But fat chance of that occurring for she is only Congress type hafta in local colors.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Probably fell for her own propagandu of the n'th front coming to power with her as the PM (After all she has been endorsed by the Saint Anna himself). That the TMS couldn't get 272 people to attend the rally would have bought her out of delusion.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

ramana wrote:No need for all that. West Bengal is in deep eocnomic distress and Mamta's USP has been to black mali UPA for funds. So that rope is still there. And after her nakra with Tata Nano, no one wants to risk thero money with her government.
She off her own accord can make WB investment friendly. But fat chance of that occurring for she is only Congress type hafta in local colors.
Its simpler than that. All Namo has to do is to break West Bengal into 4/5 pieces just as AP has been done and then sit back and watch the fun as a 'single' regional leader gets tied up in knots. The same needs to be done to UP as well.

Once WB is broken into 4 states then Didi' single block will become fragmented and then you can forget any dreams of Delhi.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

RajeshA wrote:So one can think of President's Rule, but it would rile all the Bengalis and they may start demanding merger with rest of Bangladesh!
If this were really the assesment of rest of 'Indians' about Bengalis, then I think Bengalis are better off out side the Union, merging with someone or otherwise.
Your post was in bad taste, demonstrates ignorance to say the least.
Last edited by SRoy on 13 Mar 2014 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

rajkumar wrote:
ramana wrote:No need for all that. West Bengal is in deep eocnomic distress and Mamta's USP has been to black mali UPA for funds. So that rope is still there. And after her nakra with Tata Nano, no one wants to risk thero money with her government.
Its simpler than that. All Namo has to do is to break West Bengal into 4/5 pieces just as AP has been done and then sit back and watch the fun as a 'single' regional leader gets tied up in knots. The same needs to be done to UP as well.

Once WB is broken into 4 states then Didi' single block will become fragmented and then you can forget any dreams of Delhi.
Problem is breaking Bengal in 4 states, is that one of the 4 will be (eastern most part) 60% M and of the other 3, one maybe 35% M. The other 2 will be fine with less than 10% M. How will you handle the 2 monsters that you create. One thing is to put divide into 4, put presidents rule in the 2 troubled parts and deal with the influx issue and clean them up over the course of 10 years. Possible, but i am not sure, how easy it is.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

deleted off topic
Last edited by SRoy on 13 Mar 2014 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rajkumar, After AP breakup I cannot support the small states nonsense any longer and hope Namo will strengthen Art 3 and remove or curtail arbitrary powers of Center to do that again.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Is the Baki forum down today?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Anyway, these are not issues relevant to this forum or at least this thread. Sorry for starting an off topic discussion.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SRoy wrote:
RajeshA wrote:So one can think of President's Rule, but it would rile all the Bengalis and they may start demanding merger with rest of Bangladesh!
If this were really the assesment of rest of 'Indians' about Bengalis, then I think Bengalis are better off out side the Union, merging with someone or otherwise.
Your post was in bad taste, demonstrates ignorance to say the least.
President's rule not just in Bengal, but anywhere, putting down a regional party in power, can be easily used by powers and their media-control making it an issue between Center and State, between India and regional aspiration, and be made to turn bad.

There is enough influence of outside powers in Bengal, perhaps the most among states in the Indian Union, to turn the narrative in an anti-Indian direction.

We are talking of times when a whole city like Delhi can be taken for a ride by a bunch of broom-wielding topi-wearing anti-nationals.

Public mood is a malleable commodity.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rajesha< Not the time nor thread to talk about.

Meantime Didi is going over to darkside:

Gujarat has communal face:Mamata

I agree she told Anna to stay away. See the links in the article about a cleric's dark mutterings.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Rajesh ji,

There is a smart democratic way of putting down regional parties and taking India towards a true democracy. We should all strive to eliminate this First Past the Post system. We need to have run-off elections. With the way elections are held today, 25% vote if enough to win polls and it really takes away the real issues of development and economics and instead gets parties to focus on caste etc... It is this FPPS system that leads to unabashed minority appeasement. In my opinion, if BJP can implement run-off election concept in India, it will save itself as a party and lead India towards to a true bi-polar system at a constituency level. We cannot realistically (and should not force it that way) have only 2 parties nationwide. In TN, it can be ADMK vs DMK, but they need to win 50% votes in each seat to win the election.

There are 2 ways of Implementing this

Method 1

1. General Elections (LS Polls) should be conducted in 1 phase or at mac 2 phases nationwide. All State polls should be conducted in one phase within the state. If more than one state goes to election within 2 months of each other, those polls should be conducted simultaneously.

2. Once counting in each LS/VS seat is over, the top two candidates should be declared and the top 2 contenders should contest elections again if the top candidate has not secured more than 50% vote. This 2nd round of polling will again be a single phase poll nationwide across all seats where the 1st candidate did not secure more than 50% of the vote in that seat.

3. Voting needs to be made compulsory. In a country like India, people dont like to pay fines if they dont vote, So the reverse should be implemented, if you vote, you will be 0.1% tax benefit, 0.1% lower loan interest rate vagera..

This way, at least at a constituency level, we will bring in bi polar nature. Over a period of time, it will take shape nationally. Meaning, southern states may abandon local parties and go for national parties.

Method 2.

LS/VS Polls, should have voting options. Preference 1, 2, 3.. and so on. That is an Instant Run off. This way, the 2nd round of voting is eliminated. If the top choice has less than 50% vote, then the algorithm, will transfer votes of 3rd or 4th choice backers to the 1st or 2nd candidate based on their preference order.

But Method 2 may confuse the indian voter and so I propose method 1.

The key to Method 1 is ensuring that polls are a one day or at best 2 day affair. State assembly polls should be 1 day affairs period.

While this may not cut short a Mamta in the short run (the run off will be between her and left), it will help India in the long run. It will avoid all manchurians, AAP, MNS, Vijaykanth, Chiranjeevi etcc.

It is also good for policy structure, politicians will never be able to please 50%+ of a constituency by playing the caste card, they will be forced to talk the development language, and they can no more do minority appeasement in most seats.

This is not a new concept by any means, run off election concept exists in many countries, only issue is it exists in presidential systems where it is easy to conduct runoff's. But we have to figure it out. In fact some municipal ward elections in india are instant run off elections.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SwamyG, you are right. Modi is having an impact on TN

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/t ... 778030.ece
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Some indications of BJP candidates in UP

LINK
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

muraliravi ji,

Please check these [1] [2] [3]

Also took the liberty to cross-post your post here.
member_28173
BRFite

Post by member_28173 »

[quote="muraliravi"]Rajesh ji,

>>There is a smart democratic way of putting down regional parties and taking India towards a true democracy. We should all strive to eliminate this First Past the Post system.
I might suggest dumb democratic way of pulling up regional parties.

How about divisible votes.

(1) Each Person has 10 votes.
(2) He divides the same into all the candidates he wants

e.g. 10 votes for BJP and none for others.
e.g. 9 votes for BJP and 1 vote for AAP
e.g. 6 votes for BJP and 2 votes for AAP and 1 vote for Rahul Mehta party and 1 vote for Gujarat congress.

and whichever candidates gets maximum votes will win.

In this way, it is not "Either you are with me or with the enemy"

Good part is person can look at candidate , local factors , national party etc.

I am from Surendranagar , If I had to vote, I wanted to vote all 3 three for different reason for various reason.
Soma Patel was with BJP did good work; switch to Congress - 1 vote for Past work.
RSS candidate was GPP guy --- 2 votes for ideology
I do not even know BJP guy but Namo --- 7 votes.

Had Rahul Mehta party been there. I would have given 1 vote to him and 6 to BJP....

NOW Spice up bit more ; Think of RUN-OFFS only if the winning candidates does not get even 1 vote from 35% voters- Passing marks

It can become another D/L method ( cricket ) but can make more spicy without many rounds of RUN-OFFS. It is huge task.

What is out aim ?
(1) Kill Caste Politics ( Unite Hindus and Dharmic and Indic )
(2) Broad positive representation [ yes M-block will still vote negatively but lets give them options ]
(3) Might Save Some Seculars ( Blow back ) --- If BJP cannot get 35% voters give 1 vote ; it is area of worry anyway.
(4) Balance of Local , National , Candidature --- No More blind following of Party..Party sometimes deviates from its principle.
(5) We enhance Democracy --- End of British TAUNT - WE GAVE Democracy. Lets Innovate.
(6) Local candidates never get single vote because BJP or Congress --- AAP was born out of this frustration. Some part of AAP remains ( blow back ) but people blindly do not go for AAP type novelty everytime put forward
(7) We trust INDIAN Votes -- Increases there Barganing power.
(8) CONFUSES POLITICANS --- MOST IMPORTANT --> Makes them reinvent.
(9) Nothing possible without Dharmic Forces --> Defacto presense but blow back if they do not perform they are perinial in limbo.
(10) Voter will LEAST CONFUSED --> Everyone knows to count till 10 :) Will activitely want to bargain and use HIS BRAINS

(11) Most IMPORTANT -- Parties CANNOT TAKE their committed Cadres/ Base for ride expecting they will Vote for them always --> They will VOTE for PARTY but not 100%.. It will Makes Votes become Politicians and Politicans becomes Voter ( Voting for different caste equations at the same time. Complicating further ; He might think twice before playing negative game. He should get atleast 1 vote from 35% -- Need larger collision of caste to work for.

e.g. center decides Candidates. Rebel candidates may get some vote if they have worked. Party will really have to primaries to check who is BEST suited for them

Rahul Mehta : I am bit against RTR 100% too. This is take -- Simple Right to Recall would destabilize the govt.

My take -- Implement RTR ( Right to Recall ) for candidates who have not won extremely well.... e.g If Person get 70% people giving 1 vote atleast, GIVE People Immunity from RTR. He is Perfectly permanent for 5 years. In that ways RTR might not face opposition and might actually see through the light of day. Also gives Candidate to REALLY Work HARD to get DISTINCTION --- Psychological Effect to perform WELL.. In that way People like NaMo are Immunized from Corrupt NGOs troubling them and ONLY fringe elements will be on toes. Help to safeguard real stalwarts.
Last edited by member_28173 on 13 Mar 2014 03:50, edited 3 times in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Mar 13, 2014
BJP prez cancels TN trip as allies sing different tune: Deccan Herald
After several attempts to sort out seat allocations with allies in Tamil Nadu made little progress, BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday cancelled his visit to the state.

Rajnath was expected to be here in Chennai to sort out issues especially between Ramadoss-led Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) and actor Vijayakanth’s Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK), whose choice of constituencies clashing with each other.
Though talks were initiated with the PMK back in December 2013, the BJP leadership in Tamil Nadu is still groping in the dark as the father-son duo of Ramadoss and Anbumani Ramadoss hardened their stance over the number of seats and the constituencies allocated to them.

Among the constituencies from where the DMDK intends to field its candidates were Arani, Salem and Arakonam. The PMK, arguing that it had already named candidates for these seats last year itself, does not want to negotiate further on these constituencies. Krishanagiri is another constituency sought by PMK, BJP and the DMDK.

Likewise, Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK), an ally of BJP, wants to field its chief Vaiko from Virudhunagar and has decided to re-nominate its sitting Lok Sabha MP A Ganesamoorthy from Erode.

Although Theni, Madurai and Thanjavur are among the MDMK’s ‘wishlist of seats’, the party has indicated that it was open for negotiation.

Adding woes to the tie-up of the BJP allies, PMK suddenly, which stuck to eight seats, is now demanding additional four. However, a senior BJP leader said, “We hope to allocate nine seats to the PMK and an equal number of seats for ourselves.

The MDMK may be allocated five seats while the three small outfits would get one seat each”. c“It was a challenging situation as the interests of all the parties had to be protected,” he said adding, “once the seat sharing is over Rajanath Singh will come to Chennai to give finishing touches to the electoral tie-up”.
BJP: 9 seats
DMDK: 14 seats
PMK: 9 seats
MDMK: 5 seats [Erode, Virudhunagar, ...]
IJK: 1 seat
KMK: 1 seat
AINRC: 1 seat [Puducherry]
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

The moral hysteria of the Modi-Hitler analogy
Every country is confronted with certain choices when it goes to the polls. But India it seems is poised on the brink of something far more cataclysmic. Narendra Modi is not just a politician. He is now a “moral line of no return”. “It seems that, in the race towards higher GDP, the majority of India is willing to inject itself with the steroids of bigotry and ruthlessness. Ethics be damned,” writes Thane Richard in an opinion piece for Quartz.com called “India crosses the moral line of no return if Narendra Modi becomes prime minister.”

“Is it extreme to compare electing the BJP (with Modi at its head) to electing the Nazi party with Hitler as its chancellor?" wonders Richard. Then he answers his own question. "Maybe, but it is eerily similar in many ways.”

Richard is the founder of Dabba, an independent digital radio station covering Indian politics and culture. He is an American but spent a few years in India, studying for a bit at St. Stephen’s in New Delhi and working for awhile with Mahindra and Mahindra.

Richard is entitled to his opinion. Indeed there are many reasons why Indians should think long and hard about a Prime Minister Narendra Modi. But one must make a cogent argument against Modi. Just playing the big bad Hitler card is lazy scaremongering. Even worse, it does Modi’s opponents no favours because it simply does not work.

People just do not respond to that kind of moral blackmail. It feels even more sanctimonious when it comes from someone outside India.

By 2004 it was widely known that George W. Bush had invaded Iraq on false pretences. There were no WMDs stashed there. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 though many Americans were confused about that. Many American liberals threatened to move to Canada if Bush was re-elected. Should that not have been a “moral line of no return” for Americans”? Yet Americans voted for Bush in even greater numbers than they had during the hanging-chad victory of 2000. Four years later that same country elected a Barack Obama to office.
And the breast-beating about a “moral line of no return” for India is a double standard because other countries seem to happily go back and forth between liberals and conservatives, autocrats and democrats without drawing the same kind of moral judgement. Italy, anyone?
People want a better life for themselves and their children. And in elections all over the world, people choose candidates who they believe will give them that. That’s nothing to be ashamed about. Modi’s opponents need to articulate a cogent argument about why they feel he cannot give them that better life, or puncture his much-ballyhooed Gujarat development model.
But that does not mean Indians’ hunger for a better life is automatically “greed without regard for cost”. Other countries get to vote according to their pocketbooks. Which candidate will be better for the economy is a routine question in American polls. Why should Indians be obliged to vote as if they are voting for the Nobel Peace Prize?
One can understand Richard’s frustration when an elegantly-dressed desi woman in Detroit tells him “Even if Narendra Modi was involved in the Gujarat riots, I don’t care. His economic work wins out. I will vote for him.” But equally well-dressed women went out and voted for Rajiv Gandhi and gave him a massive mandate immediately after the bloodbath of 1984.
But communal violence in India did not begin with Gujarat 2002 and it certainly did not end there. Gujarat 2002 is a huge blot, it can even be a “deal breaker” as Richard dubs it, but let’s not pretend it’s a singular blot in Indian history.
Modi’s opponents have to face the simple fact that one of the reasons Modi’s candidature is making waves is that they have failed to present credible alternatives to him. That is why many seized upon Arvind Kejriwal with such relief after his New Delhi victory. They hoped that they had found in him the giant-killer that a Rahul Gandhi clearly was not. By fixating on Modi the Terrible, Richard ignores the basic precept of an election – one chooses among the options on offer.
Now even Rahul Gandhi is bringing up the Hitler analogy comparing Modi (without naming him) to Hitler who “was the biggest arrogant who thought people had no wisdom and there was no need to listen to them.” Hitler’s arrogance was not his biggest problem. And Rahul’s grandmother was no shrinking violet herself. But Rahul would do better to sell himself as a candidate rather than try and sell the fear of Modi.

What neither Richard nor Rahul seem to get is that the Hitler analogy is shorthand for death marches, concentration camps and gas chambers. Even those who see Modi as hardline Hindu think that is too far-fetched and hysterical in 2014 India.

That kind of fearmongering does not even work among Muslims. As Hasan Suroor writes in Firstpost “Muslims don’t so much fear Modi as they hate him.” In fact, he goes on to say “most Muslims have sufficient faith in the inherent secularism and moderation of the vast majority of Hindus who, they firmly believe, will not allow Modi to run amuck.”
It’s ironic that unlike many wagging their fingers from outside India, Muslims in India seem to have more faith in India’s democracy and not need to subject it to the Modi litmus test.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Lalu’s Hanuman turns Bhasmasura

Bihar BJP leaders are ecstatic over the prized catch. “The deal was sealed only after he was assured that he would be given a ticket from Pataliputra. This is our biggest achievement since the induction of the LJP as an ally. We have now a face recognised and appreciated by the Yadav caste,” said a Bihar BJP leader.

RJD leaders admit they are in for difficult times without Ram Kripal. “What party is Misa talking about? A large number of RJD workers in Patna will cross over with Ram Kripal because they are more familiar with the MP than with Lalu Prasad. Ram Kripal is going to have more grassroots workers than we have,” said an RJD leader.

RJD leaders point out that Ram Kripal had created a network of party supporters which he used when Lalu Prasad went out of Patna to address public meetings. “The impact on the RJD would be statewide,” the RJD leader predicted.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140313/j ... yD2_NvoFUE
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Thing to note is how NaMo has foiled the Congi trick of BC/SC/Muslim polarization against apparaently UC BJP through its B teams like RJD, SP etc.
Paswan tells workers why NDA again

Muslim leaders of the party hailed the decision to ally with the BJP. LJP national general secretary Salauddin Khan said: “The post-Godhra riots were sad but it has been a decade now and there have been more communal riots in Congress-ruled states than BJP-ruled ones and with the LJP joining the NDA, other parties will follow.” :D

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140313/j ... yD4BdvoFUE

In another development, upset over not getting a Lok Sabha ticket, former state Congress president and second-generation Congress leader Qaiser took up the LJP membership. The LJP immediately announced his name as the party’s Lok Sabha candidate from Khagaria.

Asked if he considers Modi as “secular”, Qaiser said: “Secularism is not an issue, as the only issue this election is development.:P He also talked about Gujarat development under Modi but condemned the 2002 post-Godhra riots stating that it was a “sad incident but we have to move on”.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140313/j ... yD4mdvoFUE
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Headlines Today had a debate, and one Vivek Reddy of BJP, Bangalore spoke on behalf of BJP. I thought he was very candid and I liked the way he talked. Is he any good? Is he clean?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Farmers will vote for BJP in election: Survey finds 30 per cent of farmers support party
It's a mid-summer harvest the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) can look forward to with relish.
Almost a third of the nation's farmers intend to vote for the BJP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, says an in-depth survey conducted by the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS).
Only 17 per cent of the 11,000 surveyed people from the farming community-arguably the largest ever such exercise- say they will vote for the Congress party.
"The survey of over 5,000 farmer households was conducted in 137 districts across 18 states of the country. Pollsters also interviewed one female and one young member of the respondent household wherever possible.
Over 11,000 interviews give an insight into their socio-economic conditions, expectations, hopes and vote choice," said Sanjay Kumar from CSDS. The survey was conducted for Bharat Krishak Samaj between December 2013 and January 2014 in 274 villages across the country.
Preferred party It is significant that the inclination of farmers towards the BJP is fairly widespread across the country.
Looking at the regional level, the BJP is the preferred party in northern states like Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Chandigarh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh, and in the central western regions of Maharashtra and Gujarat. In the southern and eastern parts of India, farmers are inclined to vote for parties other than the BJP and Congress, the survey reveals without specifying names of the political parties.

The survey also paints a sad picture of the conditions of farmers in the country (see box).
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) guarantees the right to work and ensure livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer for unskilled manual work.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

if french and brits and jews can buy german cars, if sikhs can vote for congress, if jews can live as citizens in Iran why can not a muslim vote for namo!
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

The only wave now is anti-congress and namo, like a great surfer, is simply riding it!
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

IPL7 can reduce voting in less politically motivated youth . IPL7 coinsides with voting dates.

Solution? BRF admins dont approve activism on BRF. So I will only post link to my FB profile which has solution I propose https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 4828231922
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

I think as Rahul Mehta has said, MNC owners have been promised somethings by Namo. After this they have in a way ditched AK420 and MB. The Punya Prasun hatchet job and now Anna's ditching of MB should be seen in this light. MB should have wisely sat this one out but I don't think she had much of a choice. If she backtracks the MNC powers would ensure a prepoll INC-CPM tieup to screw her.

If you, by deliberate policies, disempower one region or set of people they will try and find foreign succour. The west Indian elites of the INC deliberately deindustralized WB and created communist trouble. Now it has been a playground for the actual westerners to play in.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

CBI chief for closing Lalu Prasad Yadav cases, director of prosecution doesn’t agree
Caged Parrot wants to bail out Alloo.
The CBI chief and the agency’s director of prosecution (DoP) have locked horns over dropping some crucial fodder scam charges against RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav.

CBI sources said director Ranjit Sinha favours dropping the charges while DoP O P Verma does not agree. The matter is being sent to Attorney General G E Vahanvati for his opinion.

The controversy is related to Lalu’s plea in the special court to set aside proceedings against him in some fodder scam cases on the ground that he has already been prosecuted for the same charges in a different FIR.

The cases relate to illegal withdrawal of money from government treasuries on the basis of fake supply orders.

Lalu has argued that a person tried for a crime and acquitted or convicted cannot be tried again for the same crime.

On February 26, the DoP opined that while some evidence against Lalu was common to all cases, allegations of fraudulent withdrawals, amounts of withdrawal, officers accused of drawing and receiving, among others, were different.

“I am of the view that provisions of Section 300 (1) of CrPC and Article 20 of the constitution of India are not attracted in the present case,” Verma wrote.

Sinha disagreed and wrote that the “views of the branch officers and JD (Joint Director) are not consistent with the observations made” in a criminal appeal by the Jharkhand High Court.

“Thus I disagree…since I do not agree with Director of Prosecution, let the matter be referred to Ld. Solicitor General for his legal opinion…,” Sinha wrote.

The CBI Crime Manual, however, says an issue has to go to the AG in case of a disagreement between the prosecution and the investigation wings.