Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-370 goes missing

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Re: Malaysian Arilines Flight MH-370 goes missing

Post by Vikas »

Either someone really planned it brilliantly or one of the key country involved is making ullo of rest of the world. But my money is on a lost plane and no clarity on what happened.
I still can't figure why Chinese would need to play such elaborate game to blame Uighur Muslims nor Pakis needing to commandeer a Boeing all the way from Malaysia to hit a target in Vizag. Any flight from Chennai or Hyderabad could have been used for the same effect.
Last edited by Vikas on 14 Mar 2014 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If its Vizag its either Pakis or Chinese.
If it Chennai, Kalapakkam its someone bigger.

Rajiv Lather See IN has doubled the ships as they realize it. Monitor what Menon is doing. Is he in a literary festival?

Saip, How do we know its not still search and recover operation?

GD, Spider sense gets invoked when:

"if there is even 1% chance of any Pakistan connection then it is terror!" Cheney in 1% Doctrine

For those who phooh, phooh BRF Cassandras!

"Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean there is nobody out to get you!" unknown
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rohitvats isn air defence of naval bases an IN task? What is stationed at INS Dega and INS Rajali?
Helicopters and Tu-124s?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

A_Gupta wrote:Why would one do the Vampi - Gival instead of going direct from Vampi to Igrex?
If a directed graph with way points as the nodes is constructed, they are following a shortest route on the graph. Probably if one programs a series of way points autopilot selects a shortest path route along the edges of the graph. Also that has the advantage of the aircraft not standing out as a sore thumb if any surface vessels seeing it. Presumably the plane transited land in the dark and might have reached the destination (if that were the intention and the putative hijackers were able to land) just about sun-rise time. If it was a hijack this is very daring and been executed with clockwork precision. Wow, bloody wow if that were to be the case.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

My understanding of the Chinese suggests that if they want to do a Op Searchlight on the Uighurs; they will just go ahead and do it. They do not need to create an event and that too involving loss of 160 Chinese lives. This is even more so, cause the Americans, Europeans and Russians are busy in their own mess.

Why would the Chinese risk worldwide condemnation, they have too much to lose.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

matrimc wrote:If it was a hijack this is very daring and been executed with clockwork precision. Wow, bloody wow if that were to be the case.
wow bloody wow to Malaysian airline security.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SwamyG its massa
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Its hard to hijack a plane in India, security is tight.
far easier to adv of a sprawling place like kl and few biraders on inside of apt operator to make the final
move.
could India have taken down the plane?
not in this sector, no fighters, no political clear diktats what to do..both saint and mms would have to be woken up and come to a consensus...too late.

so it must hv crashed on own perhaps the pilot spolied their plan or it went into cheen.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In 2008, India was presented with the 26/11 terrorist attack. Thsi was before the 2009 elections.
in 2014 India is presented with this missing airliner mystery.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

We must act with ruthless will to nip any plan in the bud.
tell everyone to piss off and we do our own searching.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

Nicobar earthquake - bomb disposal squad at work ?
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

I think its massa plan to checkmate Putin. The flight path is close to Kwajalein Atoll, US military base which controls GPS SATs and stations most advanced sensor controls to track ballistic missile launches. The island primary purpose was BMD during Reagon star wars program. US was caught pants down in Crimea and massa is executing an old well researched and thoroughly gamed master plan to checkmate Putin. This is just the opening gambit.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Well altair, the plan escapes me..care to ct the next 3 moves?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
Here is Rohit Vats map of the radar coverage again for reference. There is a gap between A & N and East coast.

that is not a radar coverage map; it shows coverage of stations which recieve the ACARS data from aircraft for SITA company.
gnair
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gnair »

I have a certain red flag building up in my mind here....from this article:
Regarding the crew concerned -

Zaharie several times said he was “very nice, very friendly and safety-conscious.” She didn’t want to be named because of company policy prohibiting employees from speaking to the media.

Neighbours of both men also praised their commitment to the community. Fariq played futsal, a modified form of soccer popular in Southeast Asia, with neighborhood youngsters and paid for their sports shirts. Zaharie was known for bringing food he cooked himself to community events or making sure his wife and children did when he couldn’t attend. A supporter of Malaysia’s main opposition parties, he had volunteered to be a poll monitor in recent elections.

On the day of the incident, that morning to be precise...the leader of the opposition Anwar Ibrahim was sentenced to 5 years in jail for alleged sodomy or some crap. This has been an on-going episode in Malaysian politics that has lead to a few riots, and there was wide spread talk that it was done to disqualify him from the upcoming elections, that would have made him the CM of the country's biggest state ie. Selangor.
My question is 'would this have been a psychological trigger factor to commit a despicable act ? ' Malaysians in the last few years have become ultra passionate about their opposition, quite like how the Congress is unpopular these days and want somebody else to replace them. But the one diff. being, the opposition has never ruled Malyasia even once since independence, due to political supression.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Oops! Natural or jdam-made?

5.5 quake in Andaman Sea. What comes next?
Visions of "Goodbye California".

Speaking of SITA map, this is what UB CTs pointed out yesterdin and todin: Look at the region where an airliner must fly after "last ping" near Andamans, to reach eastern SL. Until it is very close to land in SL, no coverage. BUT.. there IS coverage if it lands in SL, so engine vibration would have been communicated upon touchdown. Oops! There goes that CT.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 14 Mar 2014 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

What does PRC stand to gain by crashing an airliner of a third country (Malaysia) into its rival nation's (India) nuclear facilities, in return for a sacrifice of its 160 odd passengers?

Kalpakkam & Kudankulam are far more likely targets than Vizag, the latter would have been an outright declaration of war.

Was the seafloor event declaration by the Chinese, a tacit admission of some sort?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

My spider cerebal node says jdam was part of this plan and by grace of lord , India dodged bullet.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OK, per SITA map, turn north-northeast beyond west coast of Andamans, and you can fly in a gap in the SITA coverage through northern Myanmar into PRC. JFYI: I don't know what that means. PRC motivation to do any such thing seems extremely far-fetched: I mean the airliner was GOING TO LAND in Beijing in a few hours anyway! Reminds me of the 1970s joke where someone smashed his way into the cockpit of a Miami-New York flight and said: "This flight has been taken over!"
"Yes sir, where do you want to go""
"Fly straight to New York, no tricks or yore dead meat!?"
"But, sir, that's where we were headed anyway!"
"So you say! The last 4 times I tried to go to New York, the flight ended up in Havana".
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:Hate to say it but told you so almost on the day I started the thread.

MH-370 was headed to India.
Its Paki gift to new govt.
May be not,Paki and their multiple fathers will act to test Modi once he is Virajman on Dilli Singasan. Last Sunday, i speculated they were heading to Burma, friend of China. Burmese have learned and acted contrary to Banu Quraiza tribe and Malaysians, lately have been going Gung - ho on the Ways of Peaxe. Who knows if the pilots themselves prepared this flight to Highest Heera Mandi by taking out both Uiger Pasand Chinese and their Paki Pasand Burmese. Lest keep in mind, Malaaysians and Paki have been very Lubyy-Dubbie relation.

If this is real, Chinese will get the excuse to show their BigTeeth to tore Malaysia's flesh and do Aaramb ho Parlamb for WW3. Now Big Bomb go off there near A&N and here come a huge Tsunami again.
Last edited by Prem on 14 Mar 2014 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Is it possible Indian SAM shot down the unidentified plane and is keeping quiet?
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Singha ji, if its the case, then its the 2nd time in recent memory. The first being the bombs going off in NM's Patna rally.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

saip wrote:Is it possible Indian SAM shot down the unidentified plane and is keeping quiet?
The harebrained CT's here are now going to the extent of accusing India of shooting it down? :( Please think before posting.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Guys, a JDAM has to be loaded on to the aircraft, hain? R u saying flight crew and ground crew and airport gate/fence security were all in JDAM plot? Plus whoever smuggled the JDAM into Malaysia or built it there? (I am not saying no, just asking). Otherwise it had to land somewhere and load the JDAM/ other huge load of explosives. Maybe turn the whole thing into one massive Daisy Cutter/ Fuel-Air Bum? So if it landed, why hasn't it taken off? Damaged? Delayed? Waiting for searches to blow over? Then they should have followed the elementary step of taking, say, ten seat cushions and a few useless other plastic pieces marked "Flight 370, debris onlee, bliss to recover and put on See Enn Enn and Facebook" and dumping them into the sea, say near Car Nicobar. Maybe the fishing boat is on its way to do that as I type.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

JDAM on Kalkappam or Arihant, it would have been hard to tell, what caused the radiation? In that case, 777 gets vaporized, we may have been looking still near its original site, duly supported by sat pics and floor events.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Thanx, Rohit, my mistake.

Is there a map of radar coverage somewhere?
-----------------------------------

Also A&N has cell coverage. So if it flew over could Celphones have connected?
Last edited by Theo_Fidel on 14 Mar 2014 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

ramana wrote:SwamyG its massa
It is massa who gave the leads that led to the search operation in Indian Ocean. Looks like Vietnam is slowly losing interest. Was it WaPo that carried the lead, that now is searching the oceans as close as 260 nautical miles from Chennai?

TOI article... http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 024463.cms
sattili
BRFite

Post by sattili »

shiv wrote:
matrimc wrote:If it was a hijack this is very daring and been executed with clockwork precision. Wow, bloody wow if that were to be the case.
wow bloody wow to Malaysian airline security.
+1

I had first hand experience when I flew Penang-Singapore-Chennai more than a decade ago. Malaysian airport security couldn't spot the swiss knife I forgot in my backpack. Its in Singapore airport that it was identified and promptly removed. IMHO our airport security guys do 10times better job than those guys.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Or a timed jdam blast on sea bottom near India is a loud n clear signal that non state actors now have tested devices and the world had better take note..today the sea..tmrw the hated crusaders in London, Rome and nyc.

lets watch how much enthu sher khan shows in Andaman area
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

nachiket wrote:
saip wrote:Is it possible Indian SAM shot down the unidentified plane and is keeping quiet?
The harebrained CT's here are now going to the extent of accusing India of shooting it down? :( Please think before posting.
Too often that is the case.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Singha wrote:My spider cerebal node says jdam was part of this plan and by grace of lord , India dodged bullet.

Specifically Hanuman after whom the Andaman Sea is named. Eons from now, a new legend will rise of how he rose from he sea like the Mainika parvat and smote the vimana down and saved Rama's land.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Singha wrote:My spider cerebal node says jdam was part of this plan and by grace of lord , India dodged bullet.
Kindly shed some gyan saar.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Deleted
Last edited by saip on 14 Mar 2014 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

^^^
Huh! December 7 2013 ???

Its not cyclone season.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

saip wrote:Looks like a cyclone is brewing in Bay of Bengal and become a cyclone by Sunday. Searches will have to be curtailed.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 984688.cms
Did you see the Time Stamp of the story saar?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

there were 10 jdams on board, they were wearing tight designer sarong kebayas and saying "so! some more satay for you?" and causing dhamakas in male passenger trouser regions
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Any one recall Dileep's first story?
The core idea not the details.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

shifted post
Last edited by UlanBatori on 14 Mar 2014 23:37, edited 2 times in total.
sattili
BRFite

Post by sattili »

UlanBatori wrote:Guys, a JDAM has to be loaded on to the aircraft, hain? R u saying flight crew and ground crew and airport gate/fence security were all in JDAM plot? Plus whoever smuggled the JDAM into Malaysia or built it there? (I am not saying no, just asking). Otherwise it had to land somewhere and load the JDAM/ other huge load of explosives. Maybe turn the whole thing into one massive Daisy Cutter/ Fuel-Air Bum? So if it landed, why hasn't it taken off? Damaged? Delayed? Waiting for searches to blow over? Then they should have followed the elementary step of taking, say, ten seat cushions and a few useless other plastic pieces marked "Flight 370, debris onlee, bliss to recover and put on See Enn Enn and Facebook" and dumping them into the sea, say near Car Nicobar. Maybe the fishing boat is on its way to do that as I type.
UB ji, there is a disused airfield in Mynmar called BAGO. May be pilots turned from IGREX and bagoed to this BAGO to do the stuff that you are saying...

IGREX is the edge of our A&N ADIZ (as per the ATS route PDF posted earlier), it is possible to navigate on the edge of Indian FIRs by carefully plotting the route to those edge waypoints and reach up to Mynmar or BG airspace (Chittagong)...just saying