Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Prem Kumar »

jamwal wrote:Like I said in earlier post:
Udhampur-Doda needs some help.
Jammu-Poonch with some consolidation of Hindu votes.
Thanks jamwal. I will compile the inputs from all posts & publish it
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Answer to your question. NO.

None of the surveys count any factors for they are for shaping the electorate and not informing.
There was a concern that BSP voters will vote for development as they see stagnation.

Overfeed on caste, die of starvation.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

UP Brahmins, I am also hearing not so comfortable news. US based UP BRAHMINS solidly with Modi, they should call back home and make a difference. Do it please!!
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

UP Brahmins aren't going anywhere. They know that if Modi doesn't win than they will be washing feet of Bahanji for next 20 years.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

satya, Right after Emergency the newsppaers as TV was DD only in those days, all used to report a positive Congress support for m public eventhough there was ground swell support for Janata Party. I and my firends walked from IITM to Marina Beach to hear the Janata party leaders and new the jig was up for Congress when we saw the crowds. in fairness Mrs Gandhi also drew a lot of crowd but her speech was lacking in conviction.
The press and DD kept the charade till late 2:00 AM on counting nights and suddenly DD annaouncer started telling the truth. usual apologists blamed IB for faulty survey that made her declare elections. The apologists who were benefitting from her tyranny wanted it to continue.

So same phenomoena we see now only difference is the apoloists are supporting COngress without much fear of danda but greed.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Watch this "peace" vs "peace"

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Polarised ... 451394.cms

6:20 onwards
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

fanne wrote:UP Brahmins, I am also hearing not so comfortable news. US based UP BRAHMINS solidly with Modi, they should call back home and make a difference. Do it please!!
I'm seeing some US-based UP brahmins root for Khujliwal of all people. I thought it was first flush reaction, but even after his Delhi CM joke they're still gung ho.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

harbans wrote:Rajesh ji, there is no sanctity in the State of J&K anymore than there is of the erstwhile Travancore, Hyderabad, Madras, Bombay, Bengal, UP etc etc. It vanished with Pak, China doing land grabs. Even apart from that the concept of a State never had permanent sanctity in India. The constitution can be amended for sure. Right numbers.
1st thing Modi can do on this front is to call for dialogue with Pakis and issue a statement that the talks will involve how Pakis will transfer POK back to India. 2nd expel any foreign diplomat who tries to meet Hurryrat types/ Arundhati, bhushan types and then repel 370. No one (read US) would give a damn, especially if a simple contract for one Boeing plane is given.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Some unintended effect. Khujli is dividing the precious muslim vote more than the Hindu vote. Looks like this months installment has not reached AK49.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^
Fruits Of Polarisation
The Muslims are angry with Mulayam and wary of Modi. So, which party stands to gain from the minority factor? Virendra Nath Bhatt reports

According to community leaders and political observers, Muslims see Modi’s BJP as a different animal from the one led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The community is all set to go for tactical voting, which will be more strident, compared to previous elections in the state. The tactical voting per se will be negative voting and the community will exercise its franchise in favour of a candidate who is best suited to defeat the BJP.

Much to the chagrin of the SP, the Congress has emerged as the most unexpected beneficiary of the communal polarisation in western UP. The blessing in disguise for the Congress is turning out to be a curse for the SP as well as the BSP .

Congress candidate Imran Masood’s hate speech against Modi in Saharanpur, and his subsequent arrest has triggered a massive polarisation of Muslims in favour of the Congress in western UP. The sudden turn of events in Saharanpur, which made a strong impact in the region, has caught the SP and the BSP off guard. The BSP is already struggling hard to save its turf from communal polarisation in the wake of the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Now the strategy is clear for Congis. DOn't care about Hindus. Muslims with 2% Liberals are good enough for them with 5% Dhimmi Hindus.

Interest thing is AAP is going to even give up their own Muslim vote to help SONIA
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

RajeshA wrote:
According to Article 370, India really has only powers over defense, foreign affairs and currency in J&K. All the rest have to be approved by J&K Assembly.

So one can really forget having referendums in Jammu & Ladakh mandated by the Center.

What Modi Govt. ought to do is .....

What he should do is change the demographics of the state completely. Somehow flood the valley with migrants from other parts of India. Within 10 years the problem could be solved since the anti Indian elements will be turned into a tiny minority.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Reverse EVM magic?

An EVM that 'votes' only for BJP stuns poll staff in Assam
GUWAHATI: An electronic voting machine raised many eyebrows across the state during a mandatory mock poll in Jorhat on Tuesday. Every time a button was pressed, the vote went in favour of BJP.

The Jorhat parliamentary constituency returning officer and deputy commissioner Vishal Vasant Solanki told TOI that all EVMs in his custody are being put through a second level of test by engineers of the Electronics Corporation of India Ltd (ECIL), one of the two companies from Hyderabad, which manufactures EVMs.

This Jorhat Lok Sabha seat has Congress stalwart and former Union minister Bijoy Krishna Handique locking horns with BJP youth and tea tribal leader Kamakhya Tasa. This will be Handique's record seventh successive attempt for the Lok Sabha election. Jorhat goes to the polls on April 7.

State chief electoral officer Vijyandra on Wednesday said, "An EVM in Jorhat was found malfunctioning yesterday. It is a defective machine and it was noticed when EVMs were readied in front of representatives of all political parties. We will not send the faulty unit to any polling station."

An EVM consists of two units, a control unit and a balloting unit. Both unites are connected with cable. The balloting unit is a small box-like device, on top of which each candidate and his or her election symbol appears. The voter selects his candidate by pressing the blue button.

The returning officer said, "These EVMs were here for long. Usually, EVMs are kept in the custody of the deputy commissioner and during elections they are taken to strong rooms."

Congress lodged a complaint with the Election Commission of India on Wednesday and demanded thorough inspection of all EVMs in just not Jorhat, but the entire state. Pradesh Congress Committee general secretary Ranjan Bora, who lodged the complaint with EC, said, "The mock poll was done at random and the EVM for Teok assembly constituency took everyone by surprise. When the hand symbol button was pressed for Congress, the vote was found to be recorded in favour of BJP."

He said the incident has fuelled suspicion in their minds that EVMs may have been tampered with to favour a particular political party.

Interestingly, after Congress got an overwhelming mandate in the 2011 assembly polls, Asom Gana Parishad had lodged a complaint against Congress accusing it of tinkering with EVMs. The Congress leadership had rejected this charge and pointed out that EVM results could not be manipulated.

"EVM tampering could be possible in the Jorhat case," a senior Congress leader said.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ No. The secular EVM majic. They are testing with test data. Also using diversionary tactics.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

- self-deleted
Last edited by Agnimitra on 04 Apr 2014 06:01, edited 1 time in total.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

RamaY wrote:^ No. The secular EVM majic. They are testing with test data. Also using diversionary tactics.
Probable. It is the single most deceptive factor this time. The fact that it can happen is proved by this.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Prem Kumar wrote:Paging muraliravi, nageshks & anyone else who has insight: can you guys please do a big favor?

We are trying to mobilize canvassing efforts & want to focus on swing constituencies. Could you, off the top of your head, list the swing constituencies per State?

For example, I heard that Anand & Khera districts fall into the swing category in Gujarat

Thanks in advance!
I do not pretend to be an expert in every state, Prem Kumar-ji. But of the states that I do follow a bit, here is my list. (Note I have listed only BJP constituencies, not NDA constituencies. Also note, Assam and Haryana have more swing constituencies because BJP has fewer cadre on the ground. The one factor I am truly worried about in non-traditional BJP states is lack of sufficient BJP cadre.)

Swing Constituencies for BJP
Assam:
1) Silchar
2) Mangaldoi
3) Tezpur
4) Nagaon (Nowgong)
5) Jorhat
6) Lakhimpur

Actually Nagaon and Lakhimpur are a bit pro-BJP, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Chhattisgarh:
1) Bastar
2) Kanker

Haryana:
1) Karnal
2) Bhiwani-Mahendragarh
3) Faridabad

Himachal Pradesh:
1) Kangra
2) Shimla

Jammu & Kashmir
1) Udhampur

Karnataka:
1) Belgaum
2) Bijapur
3) Uttara Kannada (Karwar)
4) Tumkur
5) Bangalore South
6) Chikballapur

Kerala:
1) Thiruvananthapuram

Rajasthan:
1) Jhunjhunu
2) Jaipur Rural

Tamil Nadu
1) Coimbatore
2) Kanyakumari
Last edited by Shanmukh on 04 Apr 2014 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Once one believes that 'magic' exists, then the question is who wields it? Is it the kongis, is it the local admin or is it the phoreners? Depending on who wields it, their intentions/objectives might be different.

If the kongis wield it, then their intention would be to increase the share of nth front & cut lotus.
If the local admin wields it, then the their intention will depend on who is locally powerful.
If the phoreners wield it, then...

...then, they may want to brew a revolution. How to brew up a revolution? Generally, the incumbent sarkaar is discredited and then there comes a person/group which claims to represent the common people. How to discredit the sarkaar? There are several ways. One such way is by raising questions on elections or method of obtaining power. Now, people's support to NaMo is clear. Any other result will raise eyebrows immediately. So, whats a better way? Allow NaMo to win and 1/2 yrs later, show that there was 'magic' i.e. the redux of Indira Priyadarshini's 75. Then, Fordriwal can take to streets.

Any which way, in the long run, this is not good. Better to go with manual way.

Also, just because there is a victory does not mean its all good. The first 1/2 yrs is the time for major house cleaning otherwise the reign itself may get cut short. If there is immediate house cleaning in the first 1/2 yrs, then that may ease the reign and ensure its longevity.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Odisha on verge of being Modi-fied
http://www.niticentral.com/2014/04/02/o ... 06576.html

The unprecedented popular fervour for Narendra Modi has successfully elevated BJP’s poll prospects in Odisha. Despite organisational lapses and a sedate State leadership, the party has virtually replaced main Opposition Congress and successfully challenging ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) as its prime political rival. So much so that BJP has emerged as the top contender in at least 10 of the State’s 21 Lok Sabha constituencies.

Analysts say the miracle was triggered by Narendra Modi’s two public meetings in Odisha. The first was in February 11 in State capital Bhubaneswar and the next in March 14 at Sambalpur. “The entire political scenario is set to swing more in BJP’s favour after Modi’s three political outings in Western Odisha – Nuapada, Bolangir and Rourkela – on April 4,” senior State leader and member of party’s national executive Bijoy Mohapatra said.

While Monday’s CNN-IBN-Lokniti-CSDS national election tracker projects 3-7 Lok Sabha seats for BJP in Odisha, reports from ground zero suggest the party could make it in at least 10 LS constituencies after Modi’s April 4 visit.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Ashok Malik ‏@MalikAshok 1h

Just back from a short trip to UP. Will continue to stick my neck out and say Rahul is vulnerable in Amethi
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

nageshks wrote:
I do not pretend to be an expert in every state, Prem Kumar-ji. But of the states that I do follow a bit, here is my list. (Note I have listed only BJP constituencies, not NDA constituencies. Also note, Assam and Haryana have more swing constituencies because BJP has fewer cadre on the ground. The one factor I am truly worried about in non-traditional BJP states is lack of sufficient BJP cadre.)
Thanks a lot nageshks-ji! Much appreciated.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^10 seats in Odisha??!! That's almost half the 21 seats in the state...

The mind reels only. I'd like to believe it but seems too far-fetched. Anyway, let the polls tell.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

when that Ulema guy muttered in Azamgarh
I am fighting against adharma(the exact word he used) exactly as Arjun fought against adharma in Mahabharat
when we have not forgiven Modi for 1 riot we will not forgive Mulayam for 178 riots
me was just about 20 meters away sipping chai while waiting for me Amby to be repaired me says
uh!oh! damn you mulla, may you die tonite watching your wife run away with your cousin and your body be discovered next century, I was certain rioting gonna happen within 24 hours Fartawa vending would start in earnest
but the repairman(my guess is he cannot even read out his own name) chuckled at my suggestion that he hurry up and be prepared for the worst

he says- sahib( naarthies address higher ups) no need to worry, they are doing it to protect themselves from repercussions.

this sentence and me had a tubelight moment, since moi landing always felt there was something amiss, the mainority was totally uninvolved

the repairman further explained that there is sanaata(silence usually due to something fearful or bad) in musalmans mohalla they have never seen or heard this, a Hindu united with Hindutava and great pride, they are fearful
so as a protection he is muttering this.

and true to him nothing happened, no fartawa no nothing, not even a squeak anainst this Blasphemy of uttering the name of Mahabharat and comparing himself with Arjun.

what say Gurus here?
member_28173
BRFite

Post by member_28173 »

pankajs wrote:Image
Now I want MNS to support Maha Yuti... I am biggest swing voter. :)
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Not many takers for PM this poll season
http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 156_1.html
Although Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)'s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi might be the Congress' enemy number one, in private, many Congressmen blame Prime Minister (PM) Manmohan Singh for the party's current plight. Congress leader from Kerala P C Chacko had openly voiced these concerns.
Recalling Munna's worry on how history will be remember him .. All he has to do is take a pulse on the matter within his own party and remember the treatment of PVNR's legacy by his own party.
Malayappan
BRFite

Post by Malayappan »

nageshks might find this interesting! Guess it is not yet posted!

Sweeping Mood for poriborton

That is on Upper Assam.

Some excerpts
many Assamese-speaking Muslims in Upper (eastern) Assam say they will support the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate
Even Congress insiders concede that the BJP, despite its failure to consolidate votes through an alliance with the AGP, may still retain its tally of four Lok Sabha seats from the state and possibly add a few.
Jorhat seems bent on overturning facile caste and community equations. If many Muslims are ready to back Modi, a large number of Ahoms believe that the Congress’s calculation of fielding Handique, an Ahom, against the BJP’s tea tribe candidate, Kamakhya Prasad Tasa, will not work this time.
Congress still enjoys the support of the Bengali-speaking Muslims in constituencies such as Nagaon and elsewhere in lower (western) Assam, but Upper Assam seems ready to jump on the Modi bandwagon.
“I haven’t been to Gujarat but we want something like that for Assam too — for our economy and education,” Das said.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

BJP making inroads in Bihar's backward fold
To raise its tally in the state, party gives tickets to extreme backward classes' candidates; volunteers dine with them
http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... l[quote]In fact, in selection of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections, the BJP and its allies have given tickets to four candidates belonging to EBCs. The Janata Dal (United) has offered the same number of tickets to candidates from this group. The Rashtriya Janata Dal-Congress combine, on the other hand, has offered only two seats to EBC candidates.

In Bihar's electoral politics, EBCs, with a vote share in excess of 35 per cent, constitute the largest social group. That is why Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been nursing this influential group with targeted schemes. Of late, the BJP is aggressively trying to make inroads, reportedly with help from Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) volunteers. The RSS, which had a token presence in the state, has been growing steadily in the past four years. The organisation now has nearly 1,000 branches in Bihar, registering a growth of 20 per cent in the last four years, according to RSS leader Rajesh Pandey.

"RSS volunteers, most of them from the upper castes, visit villages populated by Dalits and EBCs. They put tilak on the forehead of the villagers and dine with them. Through such campaigns, the BJP and its sister organisations have been sending the message to deprived sections of the society that they care for them," says a Patna-based Left-leaning political observer. For the record though, the RSS says it has nothing to do with politics. "Whatever we do is a part of our effort to bring all sections of the society together and we have been doing this for years," says Pandey.[/quote]
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

those assamese speaking muslims of upper assam are a limited number...settled in middle ages sometime under Ahom role..the ahoms put their POWs to good use and settled them in a belt along the arunachal frontier as farmers and settlers. so they are as assamese as anyone else....not to be seen as a sikular vote bank. many are very well educated and urban towns have their progeny among the educated elite.

I saw this on fbook : This is the first ever election that everyone is fighting against the opposition rather than the ruling party.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

sunnyP wrote:
RajeshA wrote:
According to Article 370, India really has only powers over defense, foreign affairs and currency in J&K. All the rest have to be approved by J&K Assembly.

So one can really forget having referendums in Jammu & Ladakh mandated by the Center.

What Modi Govt. ought to do is .....

What he should do is change the demographics of the state completely. Somehow flood the valley with migrants from other parts of India. Within 10 years the problem could be solved since the anti Indian elements will be turned into a tiny minority.
Although I don't prefer but yes that is one way of doing it. The Pak-China way i.e. Sunni-Han way.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^^ Patel told Nehru to settle ex-servicemen in Kashmir to balance out the population, but Nehru shot down the idea with extreme prejudice. The guy was an idiot -- the result was that his own community (Hindu pandits) got genocided later.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>> the result was that his own community (Hindu pandits)

there are some grave doubts about what his real community exactly was :mrgreen:
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Virendra wrote: Although I don't prefer but yes that is one way of doing it. The Pak-China way i.e. Sunni-Han way.
Unfortunately BDs are landing up there.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Congress dirty tricks dept. at its best
cobra news is propagating a sting were it proves
that those who brought down the babri mosque
had prior demolition training

though this has caused a lot of mirth
amongst the cadres and volunteers the upper echlon
are taking it seriously and a complaint has been filed with CEC.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

negi wrote:
Virendra wrote: Although I don't prefer but yes that is one way of doing it. The Pak-China way i.e. Sunni-Han way.
Unfortunately BDs are landing up there.
And Rohingyas, too.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^^ India was supposed to be the refuge of Hindus in 1947 after Partition, but it seems it has become the refuge of Muslims from all over the world. Well, if Hindus don't take a interest in keeping a watch on who is entering their home, who is to blame if one day they have to pay through their nose for the stupidity?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Who are the BJP candidates from Kashmir ?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

HIT3N ठुल्लू - Thulu !! 28m
Crowds Chants Modi Modi at Balangir, Odisha @yuvaitv #AbKiBaarModiSarkaar pic.twitter.com/mI1DPC7FW3
--------------------------------------->>
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

Numbers from the house fly world
this time it is from the house of congress
according to their own survey
congress no more than 48 ain't a typo
RJD best zero
NCP no more than 3
bjp alone 293 with allies 330
bsp is getting major chunk of Muslim votes
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

fits in with my dream of INC < 50. things will follow from there for EJs, paid media, NGO network, foreign consultants, the defence industry middlemen....all the leeches sucking the nation's blood.

MMS has done his job majorly well ... Namo should thank him in his last pre-election rally...perhaps pay a visit in person with tokri of best quality besan and bundi laddoo :lol:
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

so the climbdown is

winning -> prevent BJP -> prevent NDA -> anyone but NaMo -> getting some seats