Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

KLP Dubey
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by KLP Dubey »

pankajs wrote:https://twitter.com/timesnow/status/456328677110714369
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 4h

Gujarat's development is due to people and not Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi #India2014
Bhaaaaattttttt!!!! I was given to understand that there was no development in Gujarat. It was all PR wonlee. All medium and small scale industries where closed, farmers were suiciding, no bijli, pani or sadak ...
All balloons rising together.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

Madhur Bhandarkar slams colleagues, bats for Narendra Modi
http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/ ... 53646.html
Bhandarkar tweeted, “Shocking to see some colleagues , under garb of stopping so-called divisive forces, are themselves dividing a secular place like Bollywood (sic).”
He added, “Launching a personal attack on a man who has done more for his State than any other leader, reeks of conspiracy & unwarranted paranoia. Let`s hope better sense prevails and our film industry elects @narendramodi with a thumping majority. It`s time India got a visionary leader.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

sooraj wrote:Will review naming of 650 Congress schemes after Gandhi family, BJP says :)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 26954.cms?
Man! I can't wait enough to see him come to power with slender majority. He is promising to fulfill my every single dream! Sometimes I find it too good to be true. I would vote BJP without any real reason also. I would be satisfied with a sub par government also as long as their intentions are correct. But the way they are promising things, just the thought of them realising gives me heart attack. I almost feel like bachche ki jan loge kay?!
mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Post by mayo »

Anantha wrote:Can some one create a blog with pics of NaMo rallies, that itself will send a shiver to Congis if we spread it out
This thing has been on my mind as well. I am willing to volunteer and help make this happen.

This needs to be done fast. I remember there were articles in niticentral a few months ago with the pictures from the first few rallies (Kerela, TN, Bhopal IIRC).

I will get started on this today. I am ready to do the legwork. If you guys can point me to the sources that have authentic pictures, I will highly appreciate it.

We can then weave the pictures with special effects in a Youtube video with Jana Gana Mana instrumental in the background. Flag comes at the end. We can also create blogs.

We can then request people like Rajiv Malhotra, Madhu Kishwar, S Swamy, Rajat Sharma etc and other BJP friends to tweet the final collection and make it trend.

PLS help.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Defending our culture has become now-a-dins defending the nation.. and such is the state of affairs! Modi is the need of the hour to correct the system of corrupted institutions with irresponsible democratic norms and institutionalized mechanisms to chew the normal citizens of their basic rights (5 elements of nature is been taken away from India!!!->grave danger for the country!!!).

This alone is enough to Modi to counter the deep dark dork indian media setup to counter their badgering and get his votes for correction setup, and focus to get back on track to match other democracies of the world to get back the 5 elements of nature that is abused on Indian citizens.

Basic necessities only! basic voting only! ab ki baar modi sarkar!
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

sooraj wrote:Actor Vijay To Meet Narendra Modi In Coimbatore
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/ ... 36769.html
I doubt if there is any ideology involved. However , it is very interesting because of Vijay's religion. What this means is more and more non-Hindus want to be seen with Modi, even in TN. Be it for a photo-op or utilizing Modi's name to further their agenda or career, the popularity of Modi is climbing.

These cine actors have a sway over their fans, and hopefully these convert into votes. Unfortunately no one has the guts to come out openly and endorse Modi or support him outright, because JJ will cause huge takleef. One reason why Rajini is quiet. MuKa and JJ (and most of the prominent politicians) have huge commercial interests in movie distribution and TV channels. Kamal's Viswaroopam ran into trouble because of JJ - that is the common word on the street. I had reminded BRFites that the Muslim groups, in TN, were instigated by JJ. Rajini has his new movie coming out, and he will not damage the prospects of it by asking his fans to vote for Modi. One of Vijay's earlier movie had run into trouble as well.

So all support will be indirect and wink wink onlee. No doubt, they will want to cash on Modi's image among the youth. It speaks volumes if these cine actors want to cash on Modi.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SwamyG wrote:
sooraj wrote:Actor Vijay To Meet Narendra Modi In Coimbatore
I doubt if there is any ideology involved. However , it is very interesting because of Vijay's religion. What this means is more and more non-Hindus want to be seen with Modi, even in TN. Be it for a photo-op or utilizing Modi's name to further their agenda or career, the popularity of Modi is climbing.
Well in Kanyakumari where the diktat of the Church carries much weight, BJP could be trying to neutralize it with support from a Christian actor.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

today i meet a kongresse :eek: on FB it is my first encounter :mrgreen: with rare kongresse species :rotfl:
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

jamwal wrote:
RajeshA wrote:
I bet there are people advising NaMo on his wardrobe. Rose-Pink must have been to subconsciously appeal to women, making him agreeable, non-aggressive, lotus-petal soft! :D
He denied having any staff to choose his clothing. His answer was something like, " somehow, whatever I choose doesn't look too bad on me."

Similar to my replies on this matter. :P :mrgreen:
He has a support team which suggests to him which colors are better for which occasions. Although, the dress style/choice/etc. has his personal imprint.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

RajeshA wrote:
SwamyG wrote:Actor Vijay To Meet Narendra Modi In Coimbatore
Well in Kanyakumari where the diktat of the Church carries much weight, BJP could be trying to neutralize it with support from a Christian actor.
Well it's a mistake to name Joseph Vijay as just a Christian - he is also a Hindu. He practises both religions. His Father is a Christian but his Mother is a Hindu and she often comes on TV channels to sing Murugan/Karthikeya songs on festival days and is supposedly a carnatic singer. AMMA recently made her a consultant for some of the GoTN's Music schools/colleges.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

kapilrdave wrote:
sooraj wrote:Will review naming of 650 Congress schemes after Gandhi family, BJP says :)
Man! I can't wait enough to see him come to power with slender majority. He is promising to fulfill my every single dream! Sometimes I find it too good to be true. I would vote BJP without any real reason also. I would be satisfied with a sub par government also as long as their intentions are correct. But the way they are promising things, just the thought of them realising gives me heart attack. I almost feel like bachche ki jan loge kay?!
:mrgreen: This alone will raise BP levels of Termite-Con-dom and Paid Media by 50 points.

I hope to see a couple of high profile hospitalizations with HighBP complains next few days.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

kapilrdave wrote:
As I have discussed earlier in the thread charity begins at home. Let us from today start calling all Nehru bridges etc as Sardar patel memorials and all Indira Gandhi memorials as Rani Laxmibai memorial and rajiv Gandhi memorials as Jayaprakash narayan Memorials.
To start with let us call Nehru memorials as Sardar patel memorials. If enough people use the term BJP or no BJP the terminology will get changed.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

mayo wrote:
Anantha wrote:Can some one create a blog with pics of NaMo rallies, that itself will send a shiver to Congis if we spread it out
This thing has been on my mind as well. I am willing to volunteer and help make this happen.

This needs to be done fast. I remember there were articles in niticentral a few months ago with the pictures from the first few rallies (Kerela, TN, Bhopal IIRC).

I will get started on this today. I am ready to do the legwork. If you guys can point me to the sources that have authentic pictures, I will highly appreciate it.

We can then weave the pictures with special effects in a Youtube video with Jana Gana Mana instrumental in the background. Flag comes at the end. We can also create blogs.

We can then request people like Rajiv Malhotra, Madhu Kishwar, S Swamy, Rajat Sharma etc and other BJP friends to tweet the final collection and make it trend.

PLS help.
The reason I want to have this is, whenever gutter media is showing him they show only close ups. Only stills show the strength of the crowd.
I am not a IT guy, but I can help with some pics. I can send you some pics later today. Send me a PM, rajushah61 geemayil. Could we have it ready in the next two days?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If these schemes are named after Freedom Fighters, who were anyway not part of Jan Sangh or BJP, then even a Congress Govt. in the future would find it difficult to rename them back to their original Nehru-Gandhi names!

In fact, Congress would not even be able to protest properly!
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

AAP compromising clean politics for Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi?
By Himanshi Dhawan, TNN

NEW DELHI: Has the numbers game finally taken over Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)'s professed claim to do clean politics? Jailed don Mukhtar Ansari's withdrawal from the Varanasi contest comes amidst indications that minority community leaders had expressed support for AAP and acted as a bridge to convince Ansari. The tacit support — that will make Varanasi a contest between BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Kejriwal — comes at a time when ADR data suggests that 15% of the AAP's 200 candidates have criminal cases against them.

Asked about Ansari's decision to withdraw candidature from Varanasi, AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal who is contesting from the same seat told reporters in Amritsar, "Congress and BJP have to be removed from the country to corruption. And for this, all the forces must join hands." His statement fueled speculation that the party was willing to wink at the "tainted"background of Ansari- accused in cases of murder and rioting- to raise its stock among Muslims ahead of a contest whose outcome will have crucial consequences for rookie outfit's "secular"credentials

Mukhtar who gave a tough fight to BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi in Varanasi in 2009 Lok Sabha election, on Thursday announced that he will not to fight against Narendra Modi from the seat "to avoid division of "secular" votes.''

It is learnt that the community leaders had impressed upon him to consider the proposition. Earlier, Ansari's brother Afzal Ansari claimed that AAP representatives had approached him to seek a withdrawal, a proposal he rejected. When AAP denied this, Afzal Ansari claimed he had CCTV footage of his meeting five AAP representatives. When asked if the party had held talks or was looking for an alliance with Ansari, AAP spokesperson Nagendra Sharma denied this saying, "No AAP office-bearer has met or held talks with Ansari or Qaumi Ekta Dal.''

An Ansari-AAP understanding will affect the chances of Congress's candidate Ajay Rai.

AAP leaders have made several overtures towards the minority community to gain their confidence post the Delhi assembly elections. It has given 8%, about 37 of its 430 odd seats, to Muslim candidates (higher than BJP and Congress put together). "Kejriwal's direct challenge to Modi from Varanasi has also sent out a clear message to the community that AAP and not Congress was the party to challenge BJP,'' Sanjay Singh, AAP leader said.

The possibility of a Kejriwal- Ansari tie up coincided with a report of Association for Democratic Reforms sayng that 15% of 200 candidates of AAP have criminal charges while 10 have serious criminal charges pending against them. Ironically, party leaders had used ADR's data to "name and shame'' 70 legislators with heinous cases against them and in fact has made anti-corruption a poll issue both in the 2012 assembly and parliamentary election. However on Friday, , Singh dismissed this charge as "politically motivated.''

He said, "The cases that our candidates have against them are politically motivated. These candidates were charged when they spoke against authority or raised their voice against injustice."
How does this alliance impact Modi's chances here? Many AAP guys on FB are thinking they can win against Modi now.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

RamaY wrote: :mrgreen: This alone will raise BP levels of Termite-Con-dom and Paid Media by 50 points.

I hope to see a couple of high profile hospitalizations with HighBP complains next few days.
The first thing to do is to rename Indira Gandhi International Airport as Prithviraj Chauhan International Airport and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport as Vijayanagar International Airport
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

vinod wrote:
AAP compromising clean politics for Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi?
By Himanshi Dhawan, TNN

NEW DELHI: Has the numbers game finally taken over Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)'s professed claim to do clean politics? Jailed don Mukhtar Ansari's withdrawal from the Varanasi contest comes amidst indications that minority community leaders had expressed support for AAP and acted as a bridge to convince Ansari. The tacit support — that will make Varanasi a contest between BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Kejriwal — comes at a time when ADR data suggests that 15% of the AAP's 200 candidates have criminal cases against them.

Asked about Ansari's decision to withdraw candidature from Varanasi, AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal who is contesting from the same seat told reporters in Amritsar, "Congress and BJP have to be removed from the country to corruption. And for this, all the forces must join hands." His statement fueled speculation that the party was willing to wink at the "tainted"background of Ansari- accused in cases of murder and rioting- to raise its stock among Muslims ahead of a contest whose outcome will have crucial consequences for rookie outfit's "secular"credentials

Mukhtar who gave a tough fight to BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi in Varanasi in 2009 Lok Sabha election, on Thursday announced that he will not to fight against Narendra Modi from the seat "to avoid division of "secular" votes.''

It is learnt that the community leaders had impressed upon him to consider the proposition. Earlier, Ansari's brother Afzal Ansari claimed that AAP representatives had approached him to seek a withdrawal, a proposal he rejected. When AAP denied this, Afzal Ansari claimed he had CCTV footage of his meeting five AAP representatives. When asked if the party had held talks or was looking for an alliance with Ansari, AAP spokesperson Nagendra Sharma denied this saying, "No AAP office-bearer has met or held talks with Ansari or Qaumi Ekta Dal.''

An Ansari-AAP understanding will affect the chances of Congress's candidate Ajay Rai.

AAP leaders have made several overtures towards the minority community to gain their confidence post the Delhi assembly elections. It has given 8%, about 37 of its 430 odd seats, to Muslim candidates (higher than BJP and Congress put together). "Kejriwal's direct challenge to Modi from Varanasi has also sent out a clear message to the community that AAP and not Congress was the party to challenge BJP,'' Sanjay Singh, AAP leader said.

The possibility of a Kejriwal- Ansari tie up coincided with a report of Association for Democratic Reforms sayng that 15% of 200 candidates of AAP have criminal charges while 10 have serious criminal charges pending against them. Ironically, party leaders had used ADR's data to "name and shame'' 70 legislators with heinous cases against them and in fact has made anti-corruption a poll issue both in the 2012 assembly and parliamentary election. However on Friday, , Singh dismissed this charge as "politically motivated.''

He said, "The cases that our candidates have against them are politically motivated. These candidates were charged when they spoke against authority or raised their voice against injustice."
How does this alliance impact Modi's chances here? Many AAP guys on FB are thinking they can win against Modi now.
On the flip side - the above 'secular alliance' will 'polarise' Hindu voters in Varanasi, fire-up BJP workers and we will have a Muzaffarnagar Jats style heavy voting for NaMo.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

prahaar wrote:
jamwal wrote:
He denied having any staff to choose his clothing. His answer was something like, " somehow, whatever I choose doesn't look too bad on me."

Similar to my replies on this matter. :P :mrgreen:
He has a support team which suggests to him which colors are better for which occasions. Although, the dress style/choice/etc. has his personal imprint.
For a whole while his support team was a single tailor! Then people around him started to appreciate his style (and even copying him) and giving him both conscious and subconcious cues.

The only thing he consciously went for was to grow his hair back. He went through hair transplant surgery. Some tit-bits.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Prem Kumar wrote:
Frederic wrote: Prem, I do speak Tamil and I want to help out. Pls contact me @ fvonseydlitz yahoo
Frederic: can you plz reply to my email so that I know it has reached you? Thanks

PremKumar and SwamyG,

Called about 20 voters yesterday and today morning. Short report follows:

*In South Chennai, the contest seems to be between BJP (candidate L.Ganeshan) and AIADMK (candidate Jayawardhan).

*AIADMK spending money like water. Not surprising.

*Except one voter who slammed the receiver on me, all were core BJP supporters. Urged them to spread the word, get the family, kinsmen and friends out on the crucial day of April 24th for South Chennai.

*Among the folks I talked to, majority TamBrams (expected in South Chennai), one DinaMalar newspaper journalist, one BJP karyakartha.

*Universal feedback is that L.Ganeshan needs to get out more on the streets, conduct street corner meetings, in general "show his face".

*Feedback from BJP karyakartha : "Large BJP voters chunk in Thiruvanmiyur area are a bit upset that L.Ganeshan has not held a single meeting there". Anyone having a direct line to Chennai BJP unit, pls convey this.

*Another request to you PremKumar. Do you have a list from UP and Bihar? I have a person who has volunteered to call people in UP and Bihar. The lady is from Bihar and is fluent in the local dialect.

More later.
Last edited by Frederic on 16 Apr 2014 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

ganesan thinks people will just vote for modi
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

It is very easy to find a criminal or two if one grabs a bunch of aam aadmis from anywhere in desh. Ground reality is, how much of criminal vote bank exists in desh.. I would say it might soon seek a criminal quota within the established frameworks.

Lord kali needs to rise! tell your world to come vote against criminals.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

NaMo was in Salem today and he gave a spicy speech.
He also took a dig at ruling AIADMK, facing flak over power shortage, saying electricity supply was imperative for economic growth and asked the gathering if it was available in the state.

However, he singled out Congress for the coal shortage in the country, saying generation stations with a capacity 20,000 mw of power were lying idle, riling his party’s archrival on the coal block allocation scam.

He said coal was generally not locked inside the houses but stored outside and “even beggars don’t take it away or thieves don’t steal it.” “But the (Congress) government at Delhi has stolen that also,” he said and upped his ante against the Congress when he said that people would have to protect coal by keeping them in bank lockers if the party continued in power.
The size of the pipes taking water to 9000 villages from Narmada is so big that UPA leaders including the Recounting Minister (PC of Sivaganga) with his family can sit in a maruti car and drive through it,” he said.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

how hard is it to develop a software for real time instant translation of speech
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the lag time depends on how complex gets the translation process happens. if you don't mind a 2 min lag, then it should be fairly easy for online rendering of language translation.

however, it can phuck up too. it is important for events like elections that a human does it! ..much verifiable and not tamperable!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Google books

Napoleon of India:Hemu

Its not the full book but good enough to understand.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

should have hit out at amma for not taking care of roads, schools etc... today went to bank and saw 20 people waiting to get loan on their gold to pay, school fees :sad
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

good water and roads spoiling TN industrial setup. for water, he did talk about bringing back vajpayee's interlinking model. regarding roads, he might have to first check that status at national level. it is a gross problem affecting the whole nation.

a comprehensive road infrastructure plan needed.. sizing, capacity, standards, and traffic.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Folks,

Someone had posted the list of the incestuous club of Indian Media (or some such name) in this thread (?) some days back. I am unable to find the same. Need it to 'enlighten' an Aaptard friend of mine. Any help in digging out the list will be much appreciated. Thanks
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SanjayC wrote:
RamaY wrote: :mrgreen: This alone will raise BP levels of Termite-Con-dom and Paid Media by 50 points.

The first thing to do is to rename Indira Gandhi International Airport as Prithviraj Chauhan International Airport and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport as Vijayanagar International Airport
I'll go for PVNR International Airport. He is a son of Telangana.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Very telling article on how the calculations of MSM and CongIs have gone awry.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140416/j ... 06qE1WSzu8

Boss is never wrong

Traits critics consider as Modi’s flaws are becoming unassailable strengths in Rajasthan
Sanjay K. Jha in Ajmer

Narendra Modi addresses supporters through a 3D video link in Ahmedabad on Friday. (PTI)
Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje may be excused for feeling slighted as a Modi “wave” blows her state off its feet.

Many people here claim they voted the Congress out four months ago because of their support for Modi and not because of Raje or the BJP. Indeed, Ashok Gehlot still seems to enjoy greater goodwill than Raje among large sections of the people.

Be it a worker at India’s most famous marble market in Kishangarh or a trader at the Pink City’s Jauhari Bazar, everybody appears convinced of Modi’s credentials as a development messiah.

Perhaps the biggest irony of this election is that exactly those traits exhibited by Modi that the Congress and many “secular liberals” had thought would become the BJP’s biggest liabilities seem to have turned into its main strengths.

The ordinary voter appears to have largely ignored the riot charges against him and been thrilled to bits by what many among the intelligentsia see as a crudeness in his language.

Govind, who works for a caterer in Jodhpur and was visiting Jaipur on business, summed up the mood: “Zuban mein dum hai; bol ke raha diya sabko (There’s verve in his speech; he’s clobbered all with his talk).”

He rued: “I missed the Barmer rally where he spoke of Dhoom:3. His taunts are devastating.”

Govind giggled as he recalled Modi’s “shehzade” (prince) jibes at Rahul and claimed that Rajasthan was “intoxicated” with the BJP prime ministerial candidate. He dismissed Raje as “elitist, arrogant and anti-poor”.

Modi had accused Rahul of doing Dhoom stunts on a “stolen bike” sometime ago in Rajasthan.

“Dhoom:3 mein baap-bete ka khel chalta tha. Desh mein maa-bete ka khel chalta hai. Dhoom:2 toh ho gaya; ab Dhoom:3 nahin hoga (Dhoom:3 was about a father and his son at play. Now the country is witnessing a mother-and-son game. Dhoom:2 is over; now there will be no Dhoom:3),” the Gujarat chief minister said.

What he seemed to be saying was that UPA II would not be followed by a UPA III. It’s this kind of vitriol and scorn that increasingly appears to be Modi’s biggest appeal among a large section of voters.

Jaipur taxi driver Babulal Saini, told that some of the claims associated with the “Gujarat model” have been labelled “tall”, took refuge in what seems to have become a popular refrain. “He talks well and comes out as a strong, fearless man. That's what India needs.”

Asked about the riot taint and “pro-rich” charge against Modi, Saini paradoxically cited Manmohan Singh to defend the BJP prime ministerial candidate.

“One can say anything to malign a person,” he retorted. “Didn’t the BJP say all kinds of things about Manmohan Singh? But he remains a good man in the eyes of the people.”

Yet it’s difficult to find too many people in Rajasthan’s towns and villages who accept that the Manmohan government had achieved a lot in the social sector and education.

On the Jaipur-Ajmer Expressway near Kishangarh, a group of youngsters fiercely defended Modi’s credentials while running down Manmohan.

Told that the Congress-led government had set up a central university in Rajasthan, one of them said with a dismissive air: “The private sector keeps setting up these.”

Rajasthan Central University is located at Bandarsindri, a few kilometres from the site of this conversation. It was set up by the Manmohan government in 2010. The youngsters who thought it was a private venture described the Birla International School on the same expressway as “sarkari” (government-run).

Rural India may be replete with signs of the changing times — a cure for premature ejaculation and incense sticks advertised on the same wall, a “Silver Spoon” restaurant rubbing shoulders with a dhaba — but the arguments in Modi’s favour reflect an old mindset.

At a village in Ajmer district, one among a group of Jats said: “The Congress is a party of Muslims: all its welfare schemes are for them. Modi will set things right.”

The oldest-looking among the villagers added: “The issue is not bijli-paani (electricity and water); the issue is Pakistani. Rajasthan suffers a lot because of infiltrators.”

Communal violence is rare in Rajasthan, which shares a border with Pakistan, although sporadic incidents have been reported in the past two years.

Dharmendra Singh Choudhary, a former chief of Ajmer’s bar association, confessed himself baffled why, “if you talk to 50 people in the market, 40 will tell you Modi should be Prime Minister”.

“There’s no concern for issues; it’s all about Modi. This is inexplicable. The youths have turned Modi bhakts,” he said.

“The Congress candidate for the Assembly elections here was a good man who had lost the previous election by 600 votes. We all thought he would win comfortably this time. But he lost by 21,000 votes. We later realised that the Modi wave had already begun.”

At the Ajmer district and sessions court, senior lawyer Ravidas Sharma tried to explain the Modi phenomenon.

“After a long time, a section of society has seen in him a leader who can bring complete Hindu dominance on the body politic, while another frustrated section has been told that he would solve their problems. The Gujarat model was a ploy to combine the dissatisfied secular Hindus with the communal,” Sharma said.

“It’s a momentary impulse. Most of these poor voters have no independent thinking, no agenda, no commitment. We have the examples of the AGP (Asom Gana Parishad) in Assam and the Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi. Modi will be as ephemeral as them.”

He added: “It’s unfortunate that the Modi wave has acquired a large dimension in Rajasthan where religious and caste factors rarely became the guiding force in elections.”

Another lawyer, Sunil Kaushik, said the perception that Modi was a strong leader — and the absence of attractive alternatives in the Congress or among Modi’s BJP peers — had played the biggest role in shaping this electoral battle.

“He grabbed that space and established himself as the only person who can lead effectively. There’s no point exposing his drawbacks without projecting an alternative leader. Rahul is not the alternative people are looking for.”

Even Saini, the taxi driver, had echoed this sentiment in different words. He had suggested that Rahul was a good man but nobody listened to him in the “corrupt” Congress while the “strong Modi” had already rendered the other BJP leaders helpless and his writ alone was likely to run in the party.

It’s exactly this that Rahul and his supporters had thought would boomerang on Modi and yet seems to be working the best for him.

Rajasthan votes on April 17 and 24
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

I remember reading a quote from Vivekanand that many Hindus in 1000 AD to 1200 AD converted to Islam due to usury in Hindus !! Please let me know if you find exact work etc of Vivekanand which has this line. Because I wish to put that line and highlight the FACT that Congress, BJP and AAP are supporting many userers.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

krishnan wrote:how hard is it to develop a software for real time instant translation of speech
For Indian languages and particularly for the way NaMo speaks, not much. I myself was working on that as a side project but have given up due to time constraints.

The problem is not translation., what actually happens is transliteration. For example there are idioms in all languages that are best expressed in that language - otherwise it becomes a joke. So one has to be careful there., that part has to come from a deep knowledge database and self learning heuristics.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

If this is true how was this raid approved! Has the dienasty already lost control?
---------------------------------------------------------------------->
Operation Hawala: Moin Qureshi exposed, has 'links' with 10 Janpath

http://zeenews.india.com/business/news/ ... 97962.html
New Delhi: The 60-day long raid and survey by the IT department on alleged Hawala operator and meat exporter Moin Qureshi ended Tuesday exposing links with cabinet ministers and a political leader allegedly very close to 10 Janpath.

Since its first raid on February 16, 2014, the IT department has so far raided various locations at Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida and a farmhouse at Chhatarpur belonging to Moin Qureshi.

According to sources, the department seized over Rs 6 crores in cash and 20 lockers in the name of Qureshi's employees during its first raid. Later during interrogation, Qureshi is said to have admitted that lockers belonged to him which had huge cash deposit.

The raid followed after IT officials intercepted over two months of call recordings.

In the 520 hours of call recordings, names of four cabinet ministers, a political leader allegedly very close to 10 Janpath and many big corporates linked to 2G scam have surfaced, as per sources.

The 520 hours phone recordings in digital format is stored in DGIT office at Jhandewalan.

According to the source, a former CBI director had rented out his house (C-134, Defence Colony), registered in his mother's name to Moin Qureshi for office space. The bribe money, which the former CBI director received from a corporate named in 2G case, is allegedly routed by Qureshi via Dubai-London route.

The IT department has also searched two other offices in Defence Colony D-318 and D-268. D-318 which are being operated as the office of Doon School Old Boys' Association where Qureshiis the President.

Cabinet minister RPN Singh is the Vice President of the association.

Qureshi has seen phenomenal growth in his wealth in the last decade. His meat export business AMQ Agro India has posted a turnover of Rs 167 crore which, as per the IT department, is less than the actual wealth.

Qureshi has also deflated his actual wealth on paper as his bank account transactions in London and Dubai are not concomitant with his disclosed income, as per the IT dept.

As per sources, the IT department is likely to collate seizures and interrogation details and make the disclosure within two months.

IT Department may also interrogate ministers and corporate named in the recordings. It may also be referred to Enforcement Directorate for investigating under money laundering case.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Another request to you PremKumar.
Do you have a list from UP and Bihar? I have a person who has volunteered to call people in UP and Bihar. The lady is from Bihar and is fluent in the local dialect.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/jagdishshetty/statu ... 9412209664
Jagdish Shetty ‏@jagdishshetty 2h

Ms Priyanka Vadra has multiple DIN numbers, in violation of Companies Act -Dr @Swamy39 demands criminal prosecution http://bharatkalyan97.blogspot.com/2014 ... tiple.html
Continuing his pressure on the Congress ruling family for a propensity to violate rules and norms with impunity, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy swiftly invoked the legal process against Sonia Gandhi’s daughter Priyanka Vadra, regarded as the ‘last hope’ of the politically declining party, for possessing three DIN (Director Identification Numbers) in violation of the law. He demanded criminal prosecution of Priyanka Vadra under Section 200 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

In a letter to the Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Subramanian Swamy pointed out that as per the Ministry’s own website, Priyanka Vadra had applied for and duly received three DIN numbers. These include 01038703, 01840144 and 02914391 – which is a violation of the Company Act and the Income Tax Act. Interestingly, Robert Vadra’s mother Maureen Vadra has also been allotted two DIN numbers – 01840680 and 01839769.

Section 155 of Companies Act 2013 prohibits any person have having more than one DIN. It says: No individual, who has already been allotted a Director Identification Number under section 154, shall apply for, obtain or possess another Director Identification Number.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

What does EC censure of Amit Shah mean?

SS id doing a good job of putting pressure on Congress and Gandhis. He couldnt have done all this if he were running for LS as he would be busy.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

Rahul Mehta wrote:I remember reading a quote from Vivekanand that many Hindus in 1000 AD to 1200 AD converted to Islam due to usury in Hindus !! Please let me know if you find exact work etc of Vivekanand which has this line. Because I wish to put that line and highlight the FACT that Congress, BJP and AAP are supporting many userers.
I have read most of Swami Vivekananda's books and do not really remember reading your above stated "usury" as a reason or anything remotely like that.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

You do not want to name the airport of your country, which is often the first stop for visitors from outside India, say Chinese, Japanese, Americans to be named after someone who lost a war. In that respect IGI is an awesome name since she had the cojones to take on the Anglo-Saxon-Jewish world mafia and liberate Bangladesh from Napakistan.
However I am all for renaming Hyderabad Airport after PVNR.
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

Election Commission "squad" checked NaMo helicopter as soon as it landed in Salem and found nothing.

These days I don't trust any Sampath/Sonia appointed officials. Hope NaMo security personnel sanitize every officials before letting them "search" whatever they are searching for, doesn't matter if they are from ECI or President's office.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

krishnan wrote:how hard is it to develop a software for real time instant translation of speech
One of the holy grails of AI and a hard problem in its purest sense (i.e. 100%). Most natural languages are Context Sensitive Languages (CSLs) which can be recognized only by Linear Bounded Automata (LBAs). On the other hand most programming languages are CFLs (C free L) which can be recognized by Push Down Automata (PDAs) with context sensitive information (for example in C variables have to be declared before use) handled in an ad-hoc fashion.

If one has to translate statements of logic from one natural language to another, IIRC, it is undecidable.

If you are able to live with some loss (which is not a big hindrance since there is a lot of redundancy in natural languages) then that is doable and doable even very nicely as long as the underlying algorithms/heuristics avoid solving NP-hard problems.

Added later: Disha's point is well taken. Since the grammars of majority of Indian languages are very similar (probably the distance between two ASTs would be minimal - I am guessing here) and a lot of idioms go across just by replacing the words with some care taken for gender,singular/plural, tenses what Disha is saying would bear out when one implements a translator. May be a standard intermediate language can be used. One danger is the extinction of certain languages. What one needs is for languages to evolve and die naturally than through ethnic cleansing, forced demographic change, or aggressive cultural dominance.

(trying to find the link language thread? Which forum is it in? I would move this post as soon as I find that thread. Please help).
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 16 Apr 2014 23:18, edited 2 times in total.