Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

svenkat
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by svenkat »

Sara Laxji,
Passed on information to Karyavaah about KK Nagar.Hes a RSS,not a BJP Kaaryavaah,but hes involved in campaigning.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Arjun wrote:
SaiK wrote:543 give thumbs up for congress over bjp in KA.
Where are you seeing this ?...The last message is of Anant Kumar leading over NN. Their EOD blog should be out later today.
http://5forty3.in/2014/04/is-narendra-b ... ate-of-84/
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Is Narendra Bhai heading towards a Rajiv Gandhi like mandate of 84?
read it at 543 jingos!!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

mm.. his tweets are based on his opinion poll methods? (which itself is not validated yet)
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Rajiv Gandhi/ConI won 416 seats in 1984 ! I'd be happy if BJP alone can manage 220-230. Anything above that will be a bonus, but 220 should be sufficient for Modi to have a relatively trouble free 5 years.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

vivek.rao wrote:http://5forty3.in/2014/04/is-narendra-b ... ate-of-84/

Based on sampling in today's poll
The link is only for those who have paid accounts, not publicly visible
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

272 is what will make him create an impact and remove dynastic rulings. else all these sound and noise gets muddled into kangrez korruption model sneaking thru back door!
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Interesting article ( though half of it is Sheela mausi's hot air):
Babudom waits with bated breath: Will it be Modi?
And if, in the quite unlikely circumstance of the BJP and Modi's mammoth election campaign proving to be another disaster -- an India Shining Part Two -- then this majestic office will witness political turbulence for which the cosy establishment here is unprepared for after 10 long years of stillness and calm under Dr Manmohan Singh's silent leadership.

This report published on Rediff.com on Wednesday points to the establishment's thought process on Raisina Hill.

These days, wherever you go to the PMO or Shastri Bhavan, you see that infamous animal called the Establishment staring into the wilderness. Few government secretaries have very reluctantly started thinking about: What If Modi Comes...

The jolt is laced with fear and vagueness because Modi is an outsider. Nobody knows him, really. Nobody has met him casually. He is an "unknown commodity".

I was surprised when a distinguished official close to the prime minister asked, "Who will be his men?" Frankly, nobody has an idea. Hardly seven weeks are left for a regime change, but the idea of Modi on Raisina Hill looks abnormal, if not unreal.

In fact, even though a few people have started speculating about Modi's Cabinet and his officials in the PMO, the discussion ends abruptly because their own exposure to Modi is nil.
Those who are comfortable only with the Congress party at the helm of affairs think that dark days are descending on New Delhi where the "unknown facet of Modi" will unravel as soon as he occupies the seat of power. The Modi campaign that has spread a magical charm over voters, they feel, will end sooner than later.

In the bureaucracy, there are enough babus who say that after the 2G scam emerged, the government's decision-making machinery has been paralysed. The National Democratic Alliance or Modi, whoever comes to power, will surely revive it. And that will make all the difference to the country and its governance, they claim.

These babus, who are realists, want to know more about the "Modi style of functioning" in order to get ready. Everywhere, one hears a mixed reaction to "Will Modi come or not?" or "Will he falter or not?"
One of the more mature response Rediff.com encountered was from a senior official well-versed with India's foreign policy and Dr Singh's philosophy of governance. "If Modi becomes PM," this official said, "he will fare well for the first 18 months. He will sail smooth on diplomacy because nobody can afford to ignore India, so he will have an advantage. The neighbourhood and even a country like the US will invite him, praise him and he will turn it to his advantage. But his troubles could start after one-and-a-half years, when he will have to take it to the next level."
amitvora
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amitvora »

Regarding 5forty3.in. From what I read on his tweets, he is already revising the BJP vote share down because what he is seeing in data is mind boggling. Meaning - he is seeing such a huge percentage of vote share for BJP, that he is thinking that it is not possible. So he is erring on side of caution and revising it downwards. This would also explain his article about India and its 30 year cycle.

I calculated roughly 262 seats for BJP (did a count yesterday) based on 5forty3 projections. So if he is already lowering the projections, then anywhere from 282 to 300 is possible for BJP alone.
member_28173
BRFite

Post by member_28173 »

>>I calculated roughly 262 seats for BJP (did a count yesterday) based on 5forty3 projections. So if he is already lowering the projections, then anywhere from 282 to 300 is possible for BJP alone.[/quote]

How did you do it. I did it in excel without 5fourty3 data based on guesses. Number came to 262... 265 +- 5 seats .. Not 272 for BJP

For BJP to get 282 to 300 : Where will the seats comes . Orissa 7-8 ; WB 3-4 ; TN : 3-4 ; Kerala 2-3.

Eastern Fort is breached... I am SHocked.

NOTE : I want NaMo to Deputy PM and Home Minister who makes BJP truly pan INDIAN entity... BJP for next 30 years then :)
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Well the numbers required above for OD, WB, KL and TN certainly possible.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sum, The Rediff article must reflect the views of dilli durbar as Baji Rao redux approaches to sack Delhi!!!
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

chandturakhia wrote:>>I calculated roughly 262 seats for BJP (did a count yesterday) based on 5forty3 projections. So if he is already lowering the projections, then anywhere from 282 to 300 is possible for BJP alone.
How did you do it. I did it in excel without 5fourty3 data based on guesses. Number came to 262... 265 +- 5 seats .. Not 272 for BJP

For BJP to get 282 to 300 : Where will the seats comes . Orissa 7-8 ; WB 3-4 ; TN : 3-4 ; Kerala 2-3.

Eastern Fort is breached... I am SHocked.

NOTE : I want NaMo to Deputy PM and Home Minister who makes BJP truly pan INDIAN entity... BJP for next 30 years then :)
He is talking about 2/3 majority for NDA. 2/3 is not a joke. But that's what he is indicating.
Last edited by vivek.rao on 17 Apr 2014 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

IB and other spooks must be burning mid night oil to answer Madam ji directly bypassing MMS chodiwala about the trap doors or hatches that are open to get into Alitalia flights to Turin

Shroud of Turin time has come as Varsha didi used to say
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Not sure if the IB folks are even on talking terms with INC top brass after the Ishrat Jahan fiasco and already knowing that their masters will change, will they even heed to any requests?

Wonder how much INC might have been hamstrung in this elections due to babudom already supporting NaMo/BJP discreetly ( leaks to media/inaccurate poll predictions by IB political divsions etc) knowing that INC will anyways get routed?
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

amitvora wrote:Regarding 5forty3.in. From what I read on his tweets, he is already revising the BJP vote share down because what he is seeing in data is mind boggling. Meaning - he is seeing such a huge percentage of vote share for BJP, that he is thinking that it is not possible. So he is erring on side of caution and revising it downwards. This would also explain his article about India and its 30 year cycle.

I calculated roughly 262 seats for BJP (did a count yesterday) based on 5forty3 projections. So if he is already lowering the projections, then anywhere from 282 to 300 is possible for BJP alone.
This is what I have been saying, and I believe this has been articulated by others as well, in this forum. These elections are different - vastly so, from anything we have seen in the past. A great many parameters that were used to try (repeat, try) and predict results do not hold good for 2014. This includes caste orientations etc.

I do believe that we are going to see results that will shock us. Pleasurably so. And shake the p-secs, CONgis and the paid-MSMs right down to their boot-straps.
Last edited by rajithn on 17 Apr 2014 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

What is the Twitter saying? Any other info/sorces validating what 5Forty3.in says?
amitvora
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amitvora »

I will post my numbers tonight. The file is at home and I am at work now. I tried to be as optimistic as possible with the polling trends and the numbers being reflected. Once I had my numbers for a certain states, I would remove few seats or add a few. I also went conservatively in the south.
With regards to what I said earlier about 5fotry3 tweets - Here's what he said on his tweet: "#Confession In every state we are revising BJP's vote-share downwards as compared to raw data, for BJP's leads are mathematically baffling!! "

If he is seeing bjp vote share with mind bogglind % (this is before he publishes for us because he is revising it downwards when he is publishing), then we have to start thinking about 280 or higher for BJP alone.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

two things can happen to 543 logic: he screwed up his data or the data screwed him up.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Very saikological inference!!!
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

Nijalingappa wrote:IB and other spooks must be burning mid night oil to answer Madam ji directly bypassing MMS chodiwala about the trap doors or hatches that are open to get into Alitalia flights to Turin

Shroud of Turin time has come as Varsha didi used to say
Oh, I miss Varsha Bhosle! I wonder what her take on the Rise of NaMo would be :?:
member_28173
BRFite

Post by member_28173 »

nda bjp
UP 70 70
Maharastra 40 20
MP 28 28
Andhra Pradesh 25 6
Bihar 35 25
Rajasthan 24 24
Gujarat 26 26
Karnataka 18 18
Chattisgarh 9 9
Punjab 9 4
Haryana 4 3
Tamil Nadu 6 2
Assam 4 3
Delhi 6 6
Orissa 8 8
HP 3 3
Goa 2 2
WB 6 2
Andaman & Nicobar 1 1
Arunchal Pradesh 1 1
Dui Daman 1 1
J&K 4 4
Kerala 2 2
Chandigarh 1 1
Lakshadweep 0
Manipur 0
Meghalaya 0
Pucherry 0
Tripura 0
Uttachal 4 3
337 272

For BJP to get 272 : UP should give 70 which is too difficult.... Mostly 60 seats and hence number is 327 262

Team : Can we start making per seat predictions ... Some excel with 543 columns and add probability...
I will stick with BJP getting 262 after today's show
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

We need Dilbu saab comforting words right now ...
member_28173
BRFite

Post by member_28173 »

[quote="chandturakhia"]nda bjp

Can team validate each of my numbers in excel... I can volunter to maintain excel sheet with probability. We can also do on Google docs.

Chand
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:sum, The Rediff article must reflect the views of dilli durbar as Baji Rao redux approaches to sack Delhi!!!
Was that Baji Rao who was seen riding horse,wearing simple clothes, Spear not held in hand but balanced on his shoulder and eating roasted Channas ?. Modi fits the description.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

In JN Sarkar's book, There is a colorful description of Baji Rao meeting Jai Singh Singh where he compares Baji Rao's rouh manners like smoking hookah into Jai singh's face and Jai singh's smooth and polished manners....It is like Hemu's coming to Delhi.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

A 2/3rds majority is not possible unless a miracle happens in east and south.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Breaking news on Z-news, EC lifts ban imposed on Amit Shah, for election rallies and speeches. Rather good news!
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^Guys. Don't count the chickens before they are hatched. Let us wait to see some real data before overreacting...
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Did they do an = = vis-a-vis Azam Khan or no?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

rgsrini wrote:^^Guys. Don't count the chickens before they are hatched. Let us wait to see some real data before overreacting...
100% agree

Things are going OK according to some of the data.

But lets not get euphoric like we did in 2004
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

with TDP flip now getting bare minimum majority is looking difficult ::(
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Modi Interview on Times Now just now.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Yes, I think we are over-reacting based on one website.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

from where do you get 6 seats for NDA in WB while 2 for bjp ? who are those partners who will give 4 to nda ?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

north bound for orchestrations
south bound for robust structures
that is the only way to get 272++
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

chandturakhia

4 seats in J&K ??
On what basis ?

1 Jammu seat : 66 % chance of winning
2nd seat, Udhampur : 55% chance of winning

Which are 3rd and 4th seats ?
Laddakh is a long chance.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

No point discussing numbers until everything is done.