Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by chaanakya »

Now the Tsunamo waves are crashing on the shores of Elections , full force of it is beginning to be felt by those who are in its path. Many people and majority of young voters are saying , let us give chance to NaMo. Ladies big timers fan of NaMo. Caste divides seems swept away. 300 is less than what he would get for BJP+
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

So far as news shown looks like its only amit shah who has the ban lifted after he accepted censure on his speech and assured that he had no intention of violating model code of conduct. He tweeted that even best of the bowlers some times send down a No ball. Seems that EC has accepted his review request and lifted the ban.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

but some bowlers like kejriwal keeps bowling bouncers!
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Looks like I was being charitable to MISA Laloo Bharati. Bihar has not yet forgotten dark days under her Father. Yaduvanshis have realised that peace and development is better then criminalraj.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

General Election to the House of the people,2014 - Request to review ECI order dated 1 1th APril, 2014 - regarding.
Link to official order PDF.
I am directed to refer to your representation dated 14th April, 2014, making a request
to the Commission to modify its ban order dated 11th April, 2014. ln your representation, you have
stated, inter atia,that,,r undertake on oath that I shail not use abusive or derogatory language in
the campaign and shall not make any utterances violative of MCC"' You have further stated that
..Igiveasolemnundertakingthatinfuturelshallnotindulgeinanyactthatwouldbedeemed
violative of the model code of conduct. I give a sotemn pledge to the Hon'ble commission that
I shall in no manner give cause to be accused as having indulged in any act of commission or
omission which has the effect of prejudicially affecting the public tranquility and law & order"'
The Commission, having considered your aforesaid assurance/undertaking, has
decided to modify its order dated ,11th Aprir, 2014 ro the effect that permission may be granted for
holding any public meetings, public processions, public rallies' road shows' etc'' by the concerned
district administration authorlties, where you are expected or likely to participate'
The above decision of the Commission is without prejudice to any proceedings
pending in the courUpolice with authorities in the matter'
Also, take a note that this modification is being done with a view to giving you a
second chance to show by your conduct that you adhere to the provisions of Model code of conduct
in letter and spirit. The commission shall closely monitor your campaign activities by constant video
tracking by the concerned district election authorities'
you are directed to ensure compliance of the Commission's aforesaid directions'

member_28397
BRFite

Post by member_28397 »

• States/UTs Constituencies BJP NDA
    Andaman & Nicobar Islands 1 1
    Andhra Pradesh 42 2 13
    Arunachal Pradesh 2 1
    Assam 14 4
    Bihar 40 18 3
    Chandigarh 1 1
    Chhattisgarh 11 8
    Dadra & Nagar Haveli 1 1
    Daman & Diu 1 1
    Delhi 7 5
    Goa 2 1
    Gujarat 26 21
    Haryana 10 3 3
    Himachal Pradesh 4 2
    Jammu & Kashmir 6 1
    Jharkhand 14 8
    Karnataka 28 12
    Kerala 20 0
    Lakshadweep 1 0
    Madhya Pradesh 29 21
    Maharashtra 48 14 12
    Manipur 2 0
    Meghalaya 2 0
    Mizoram 1 0
    Nagaland 1 0
    Orissa 21 0
    Puducherry 1 0
    Punjab 13 3 4
    Rajasthan 25 20
    Sikkim 1 0
    Tamil Nadu 39 1 2
    Tripura 2 0
    Uttar Pradesh 80 43
    Uttarakhand 5 5
    West Bengal 42 1
    Total constituencies 543 198 37
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

amitvora wrote:Regarding 5forty3.in. From what I read on his tweets, he is already revising the BJP vote share down because what he is seeing in data is mind boggling. Meaning - he is seeing such a huge percentage of vote share for BJP, that he is thinking that it is not possible. So he is erring on side of caution and revising it downwards. This would also explain his article about India and its 30 year cycle.

I calculated roughly 262 seats for BJP (did a count yesterday) based on 5forty3 projections. So if he is already lowering the projections, then anywhere from 282 to 300 is possible for BJP alone.
rajithn wrote: This is what I have been saying, and I believe this has been articulated by others as well, in this forum. These elections are different - vastly so, from anything we have seen in the past. A great many parameters that were used to try (repeat, try) and predict results do not hold good for 2014. This includes caste orientations etc.

I do believe that we are going to see results that will shock us. Pleasurably so. And shake the p-secs, CONgis and the paid-MSMs right down to their boot-straps.
Very true. If you recall the 272+ mission mark is meant for BJP alone not NDA. And the revised that upwards of 300, ie., those many seats possible if everything works in their favour.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

archan wrote:Did they do an = = vis-a-vis Azam Khan or no?
Yes they did.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Patni wrote:So far as news shown looks like its only amit shah who has the ban lifted after he accepted censure on his speech and assured that he had no intention of violating model code of conduct. He tweeted that even best of the bowlers some times send down a No ball. Seems that EC has accepted his review request and lifted the ban.
Azam Khan also has his ban lifted according to TV reports.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Kanson wrote:
Very true. If you recall the 272+ mission mark is meant for BJP alone not NDA. And the revised that upwards of 300, ie., those many seats possible if everything works in their favour.
This time it is like Kohli batting in a chase. Opposition will be making uncharacteristic mistakes, many records will be broken, many things that never happened before will happen and at the end we will be thirsting for an encore..
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

prasannasimha wrote:Modi Interview on Times Now just now.
Any more details on the Interview, could not find any thing on TOI or timesnow website.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

fanne wrote:Is Narendra Bhai heading towards a Rajiv Gandhi like mandate of 84?
read it at 543 jingos!!
You know, more than anyone, any projection of numbers will be more accurate if that has been done by ruling party with all govt resources at their disposal. Some say, as per IB report to Cong Gov it shocked & rattled their nerves. Being the one who experienced such a wave, they know if that is the case, what would be the results. So and so that, some senior ministers are not even willing to fight the election! So anything is possible.
rvishwak
BRFite

Post by rvishwak »

TimesNow was supposed to show Raj Thackery's interview today and not Modi
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

prasannasimha wrote:
Patni wrote:So far as news shown looks like its only amit shah who has the ban lifted after he accepted censure on his speech and assured that he had no intention of violating model code of conduct. He tweeted that even best of the bowlers some times send down a No ball. Seems that EC has accepted his review request and lifted the ban.
Azam Khan also has his ban lifted according to TV reports.
I checked on EC official website and the order lifting ban on Amit shah is listed on page [ i have linked it in my previous post] but no such order for AK..
Vriksh
BRFite

Post by Vriksh »

Vriksh wrote:Vote for NaMo Campaign as per Harbans et al in Voter registration thread

sms your voting ID number (format: ABC1234567) to 07820078200
Within 10 mins you will get details of relevant for you such as
1) tehsil, 2) Booth number 3) Date of voting, 4) NDA candidate fighting election
Nitesh earlier in the thread mentions the system does not work and I thought I will clarify. I have crossed checked the details provided by the BJP system with official election commission website below
http://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/Linkto_erollpdf.aspx
I was able to verify my voter ID card was on the electoral rolls using the information provided in the SMS. Anyone else facing problems please inform the forum.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote:sum, The Rediff article must reflect the views of dilli durbar as Baji Rao redux approaches to sack Delhi!!!
These guys are so accustomed to favoritism and sycophancy they cant see straight anymore.

Based on Modi's answer to Madhukishwar every babu will be Modi's person as long as they deliver.
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Just reading tickers that SP is saying its unfortunate that EC lifted ban from Amit shah and no news on AK so as of today at least no ==. Wonder if channels that claimed AK also got ban lifted were just trying to pressure EC? if so wow!!
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

rvishwak wrote:TimesNow was supposed to show Raj Thackery's interview today and not Modi
What an candid interview! if there is anyone who slapped Arnab like never before it has to be Raj Thackery! Such that rather than Arnab exposing Raj Thackery , it was Raj Thackery who exposed Arnab.

Another true leader in the making!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Vriksh wrote:
Vriksh wrote:Vote for NaMo Campaign as per Harbans et al in Voter registration thread

sms your voting ID number (format: ABC1234567) to 07820078200
Within 10 mins you will get details of relevant for you such as
1) tehsil, 2) Booth number 3) Date of voting, 4) NDA candidate fighting election
Nitesh earlier in the thread mentions the system does not work and I thought I will clarify. I have crossed checked the details provided by the BJP system with official election commission website below
http://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/Linkto_erollpdf.aspx
I was able to verify my voter ID card was on the electoral rolls using the information provided in the SMS. Anyone else facing problems please inform the forum.
it was all right for me. confused part number with booth no though.
Vriksh
BRFite

Post by Vriksh »

Based on this link.
http://www.timesnow.tv/Frankly-Speaking ... 328082.cms
I am very afraid of the Marathi chauvinistic rhetoric of Raj Thackaray. He does not understand that economy is generated by people moving to areas of urban concentration. He comes across as a person espousing Bhoomiputra politics which will lead to the Balkanization of India on Linguistic lines
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Kanson wrote:Another true leader in the making!
. Saar, please don't forget that this same guy called all Biharis criminals and rapists, if I am not mistaken. I don't follow him, but this guy comes across as a criminal to me.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Jhujar wrote:
ramana wrote:sum, The Rediff article must reflect the views of dilli durbar as Baji Rao redux approaches to sack Delhi!!!
Was that Baji Rao who was seen riding horse,wearing simple clothes, Spear not held in hand but balanced on his shoulder and eating roasted Channas ?. Modi fits the description.
yes, chana-gud... this time narendrarao peshwa will finish the task which shahu did not let Bajirao do...
Paul wrote:In JN Sarkar's book, There is a colorful description of Baji Rao meeting Jai Singh Singh where he compares Baji Rao's rouh manners like smoking hookah into Jai singh's face and Jai singh's smooth and polished manners....It is like Hemu's coming to Delhi.
He behaved so because it was Jai Singh.. When in court of Udaypur, he refused to sit alongside the Rana of Udaypur because Rana was illustrious descendant of Maharana Pratap. He sat at Rana's feet, in spite of having entered Rajputana as victor, because he was Peshwa of Shivaji's lineage (Shivaji was also from Sisodiya clan).

this behavior of his was in Jaipur and Amber for that king was descendant of first of those who were selling their daughters to Mughals and were making war on Shivaji (Mirza Raja Jaisingh of Amber) and Hindus, instead of protecting them from Mlecchas and Yavanas.

And no NaMo is different from Hemu.. Hemu, in spite of everything, was a coalition of Hindus and Pathans. Bajirao was riding solely on Hindu upsurge without any reliance on Muslims. This is what made all the difference in the end.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Thanks to the long drawn out poll schedule this thread will hit 1000 pages!!!

I want to lock it on May15 and open a thread for election results.

I want ArmenT's program to be used to make this a pdf and let that be BRF Modi Nama available for download.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

rgsrini wrote:
Kanson wrote:Another true leader in the making!
. Saar, please don't forget that this same guy called all Biharis criminals and rapists, if I am not mistaken. I don't follow him, but this guy comes across as a criminal to me.
Admiration is for the clarity and fearless no nonsensical attitude he espoused in that interview.

Further, he claim to be a leader of Maratha not as one for Biharis & others, and he is still young; young blood talks like that and the problem you mentioned is not only to MH but other states as well. As he matures we may wish he have more wisdom to tackle the problem with much more sagacity.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

https://twitter.com/AaryaOm/status/4568 ... 64/photo/1

Congressi leader lights lamp in temple with liquor in Varanasi for victory
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Saar. IMHO hatred for fellow law-abiding Indians, migrant or not, is not a quality you want in a leader. That was my only point.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Paging Prem Kumar ji,

Numbers for Mumbai and adjoining areas. Can speak Hindi, Hinglish, English, Marathi and Gujarati.

Can dedicate 2 full days to this enterprise.

email panduranghari at onepost dot com
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://indiatogether.org/could-modi-be- ... government

More lawless to oppose Indian election and leaders will show up
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Anantha wrote:https://twitter.com/AaryaOm/status/4568 ... 64/photo/1

Congressi leader lights lamp in temple with liquor in Varanasi for victory
It must be one of the Bhairava Temple.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Vriksh wrote:Based on this link.
http://www.timesnow.tv/Frankly-Speaking ... 328082.cms
I am very afraid of the Marathi chauvinistic rhetoric of Raj Thackaray. He does not understand that economy is generated by people moving to areas of urban concentration. He comes across as a person espousing Bhoomiputra politics which will lead to the Balkanization of India on Linguistic lines
OT.....
I did not yet look at the link. But the issue is not that simple or straight. To modern sensitivity such points might be divisive and against the grain of the country. However the reality is:
1. People always migrated.
2. The scale and frequency of migration is unmatched in the 21st century - because changes in lifestyle.
3. Migrant workers impact the local population - especially when the scale is huge, crossing a threshold and causing demography & lifestyle changes.
4. There are genuine concerns from the population over the change - dilution, evolution, erosion of local traditions. Right from language to even more complex social dynamics.
5. The concern will be articulated well by mature social leaders/intellectuals.
6. Politicians and mischief mongers will use the same concerns to differentiate themselves and gain vote share or cause mischief.

Migration should not be looked at through only the prism of the migrants, the local population or solely based on economic/GDP benefits. It requires better handling because of the emotions involved, and the population needs to be ready to withstand the changes.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Votes Won by Feeling, Not Facts
(E)Manu (el) Joseph
Thus Spake Non indian RNI On Indian Leader
NEW DELHI — Somehow it has come to be that very soon, if opinion surveys turn out to be right, 2.4 billion of the world’s population will be headed by two men who claim they do not have sex.Half of these people, the world’s Roman Catholics, are, of course, already in the spiritual care of the pope. The other half, Indians, who are in the process of electing a new government, will probably be headed by Narendra Modi, according to the current projections of almost the entire mainstream Indian news media. Mr. Modi has said on several occasions that he took a vow of celibacy long ago and that he has sacrificed his body, including his chest, which he once hinted measures 56 inches, in the interest of the nation.If Mr. Modi does become prime minister, it would mean that India’s economic elite and the masses have reached a political accommodation. Mr. Modi’s rise would also emphasize the fact that the Indian voter condones a lot in his politicians as long as he is enchanted by them. He is more fascinated by the politicians’ strengths than disgusted by their character flaws. Also, what enchants him is not really the politicians’ virtues but his own perceptions of these virtues. That is why in this vituperative campaign son nothing has diminished Mr. Modi, especially the facts. Last week, the necessity of noting his personal details on a form and the pressure for full disclosure forced Mr. Modi to make an admission he had never made before — that he had a wife, whom he married about 45 years ago, when he was 17 or 18, and soon afterward abandoned.
About five years ago, the weekly newsmagazine Open profiled his wife, who lived in a small village, in poverty, and in the shadow of thugs who kept a watch on her. Mr. Modi’s office, contacted for comment, did not respond. One of his mentors, L.K. Advani, called the magazine’s owner to request that his reporters not meet Mr. Modi’s estranged wife again.Following Mr. Modi’s recent admission, his foes have tried to portray him as a heartless man. But this has not diminished his charms.Mr. Modi’s success in the elections would also mean that the center of power has shifted from the autocracy of dynasty — the Gandhis, who have dominated Indian politics for decades — to the autocracy of the monastery — the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the ideological umbrella of Mr. Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party, where bachelors are rewarded for being bachelors.A senior party member who asked not to be identified told me, “The influence of the R.S.S. on the party is, of course, there, but not as powerful as people imagine.” But it was powerful enough for this politician to request anonymity.The arrival of Mr. Modi in Delhi would also magnify the fact that intellectual liberals have become so irrelevant that they do not reflect, let alone influence, any substantial public opinion. Their great fear is that Mr. Modi, as prime minister, might harm them in memorable ways if they continue to speak against him.There is a perception, which is part of Mr. Modi’s allure, that he is a dangerous man.I
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

That NYTimes farticle and video by Manu Joseph.
THe NYT lady reporter says Modi in an interview 2 months after the riots told he did not manage the media well and she came out "chilled". They are taking the last stand. Again the lie that Muslims were "suspected" of burning the train, as opposed to getting convicted.
I think we are in 1947 January where the Goras tried all things before they ran away. Same thing is happening now. It is possible Tons of gold may be take out in the next few days and a few guys may run away.
It is a new liberation of India in progress.
amitvora
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amitvora »

Guys, this is what I am predicting. I am an optimist though.
Mh - 35
Gujarat - 23
Bihar - 30
UP - 60
Haryana- 05
Assam/CH/JKH - 20
AP - 07
odisha - 10
Delhi - 7
MP - 26
Rajasthan- 23
Karnataka 14
Tamilnadu 09
WestBengal 02
kerala 02
Punjab 05

total 278
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anantha wrote:That NYTimes farticle and video by Manu Joseph.
THe NYT lady reporter says Modi in an interview 2 months after the riots told he did not manage the media well and she came out "chilled". They are taking the last stand. Again the lie that Muslims were "suspected" of burning the train, as opposed to getting convicted.
I think we are in 1947 January where the Goras tried all things before they ran away. Same thing is happening now. It is possible Tons of gold may be take out in the next few days and a few guys may run away.It is a new liberation of India in progress.
The secret to recover the loot is to make sure Mr A Patel Stay in motherland & dont go on pilgrimage to Mecca treading same old path of his predecessor Regent Bairam Khan.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Kejriwal does not "bowl bouncers",he like an infamous Oz,has an "underarm problem"!

True tale about Mr.Modi. A Doc. I know,who runs a well-known chain of charity hospitals across the country was approached by the Gujarat Govt. He went to A'bad expecting to met a babu.Instead he was taken straight to the CM,Mr.Modi. After 5 mins. of explaining his work and how the hospitals operated,Mr.M picked up the phone and called the Health Min.,who arrived within a few mins.Another few mins of explaining to him what the Doc. needed from the Govt. side,and it was all over.Approvals on the spot.Not a single word about commissions,kickbacks,etc.The cleanest and swiftest decision perhaps one can experience anywhere in the world! The Doc. now communicates directly with the CM's office if there is anything he requires.

I was at one of Mr.M's election rallies.A massive show.The majority of the crowd were genuine walk-ins.Huge curiosity factor from ordinary people.I spotted a Padma Shri awardee whom I know well too.There were bus-ins too,but mostly from the NDA allies.Rapt attention when he spoke.Over-enthu cheerleaders in our VVIP enclosure were asked to shut up.He explained in simple language how he improved the lot of the people of Gujarat and would do the same for the rest of the country,the problems facing the country,those responsible (lovely wit),the enormity of their looting,their fear of the consequences when thrown out of power,their one-issue agenda (stop Modi!),where even the Left in its manifesto mentioned his name more times than in the BJP's! He spoke almost exclusively about development and gave graphic examples of his success in Gujarat.Many mentions of the vision of ABV and the NDA last time round,how the Congress and SG sabotaged and derailed many of these visionary schemes.Power,water,national river grid,etc.,were some of his themes. Ridiculed Surrender Singh's pathetic performance and denigration of the post of PM.

At another earlier rally he had said that "many mothers had sacrificed their sons for the country,but there was one mother who had sacrificed the country for her son!"

There is no Q that Mr.Modi is the man of the moment,who has gripped the country's imagination. I spoke to quite a few people who were from diverse backgrounds,not from BJP or parivar backgrounds.Their unanimous view."We are not voting for the BJP candidate,but are voting for Mr.Modi".As one NDA leader said,"Mr.Modi is not the next PM,he has already been voted PM by the people!".
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Please RT this
vivek ‏@vivekrao_2000 6s
Strong rumors that AhmedPatel reached out to Modi.He will give evidence against Gandhi clan's money laundering if he is pardoned.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Wow Philip!You do move in high circles!!!
Thanks for on the spot feedback.

Jhujar, I figured out why hose people put there money outside India. Its not fear of Indian agencies but a condition by their controllers who can confiscate the loot if they don't obey. So need a plan to allow them to get it back to India as it belongs to India.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
Reagrding Philip post, it is Devi shetty of NN fame in Benagaluru fame unless i am mistaken.
he has been talking nicely about NaMo and also admires him hugely.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

About skull cap congroversy i tweeted-
Sunny Gavaskar is the most secular of all as he used skull cap against windies quickies.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:Wow Philip!You do move in high circles!!!
Thanks for on the spot feedback.
Jhujar, I figured out why hose people put there money outside India. Its not fear of Indian agencies but a condition by their controllers who can confiscate the loot if they don't obey. So need a plan to allow them to get it back to India as it belongs to India.
Beside the control, i heard they also charge handling fee. Lets say One Trillion $ out there will have cash value half of the amount. Win Win for them while these Chorrs and traitors loose both soul and money.