Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

rajsunder
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by rajsunder »

Prem Kumar wrote:Fred-ji: emailed you about the Bihar volunteer. Can you plz let me know if my suggestion works? Otherwise, have to think of something else. Thanks
I would like to participate too. I want to help out by calling to people in and around secunderabad (hyderabad is a done deal for razakars).

my email is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (take out stars and spaces).
Last edited by rajsunder on 22 Apr 2014 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ wish I can speak Hindi/Urdu fluently. It would be fun to call Hyd old city campaigning for Modi...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

You can still do that!!! Talk in thodum thodum Urdu!
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

ramana wrote:Prem Kumar, Those lists you are handing out are they already committed folks or is it cold calling the voters? If its the later then Frederic and others can tally the yeses and nos to have your own big sample survey?
Ramana: we use multiple sources. Sometimes its from the BJP office - it could be Modi supporters or just a list of young voters. If we dont get numbers from BJP, we use JustDial.com, which is a pretty amazing site. You can pick, say India --> Farrukhabad--> Search for say "sweet shops". It will give you a list of businesses with phone numbers. Then, its time so start calling

I would say its a mix of cold calls & Modi-supporter list

By the way, if anyone wants to call on their own, the JustDial procedure mentioned above can get you going in 5 minutes.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

A request to those who do the calls to keep a running tab of ha ya na for Modi.And post in the GJP thread.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Why are people worried about the fluency of language ? That is just nuts. Even if you can converse in broken language, do so. You're not auditioning for a newscaster's role here. Recipients don't expect the callers to speak in a clipped tone like a newscaster either. It's your enthusiasm that matters. They will think 'Modi is so popular, even some guy from yooess with broken Hindi/Urdu is calling me to encourage me to vote for him. He must be really good'.

Keeping the mindshare level dialed up is critical here for the purpose of accomplishing the wave effect - marginal increase in voteshare benefits the challenger. That's why the incumbent is trying to do the opposite by asking beebul to turn off the TV.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

rajsunder wrote:
Prem Kumar wrote:Fred-ji: emailed you about the Bihar volunteer. Can you plz let me know if my suggestion works? Otherwise, have to think of something else. Thanks
I would like to participate too. I want to help out by calling to people in and around secunderabad (hyderabad is a done deal for razakars).
Thank you very much sir. I just sent you an email. Can you please reply?
Last edited by Prem Kumar on 22 Apr 2014 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Agree with Suraj: language shouldnt be a barrier, especially if the difference is just in the dialect. One of the volunteers spoke to Bangalore voters in his broken Kannada. Of course, if you dont know the language at all, then it wont work (I reached a few Kannada speakers like that)

Anyway, RamaY ji has been doing a stellar job of campaigning. Looks like his relatives circle can easily fill a small town!
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

Prem Kumar wrote:
Thank you very much sir. I just sent you an email. Can you please reply?
Sent the reply. can you please remove my email id from your post.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Done. Got your email & am replying to you right now, cc'ing the Andhra coordinators.

From BRF, we now have:

a) 3 Andhra volunteers (James B, RamaY & Rajsunder)

b) 2 TN volunteers (Frederic & me)

c) Everyone who is contributing by providing ammunition, feedback/advice, Twitter wars etc

Thanks a million!
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Arun Shourie's interview with Karan Thappad on Modi

According to Shourie, Modi will not do divestment of PSUs.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Remember !!
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

ramana wrote:A request to those who do the calls to keep a running tab of ha ya na for Modi.And post in the GJP thread.
Ramana, don't know what to say.

*I have called about 100 voters in South Chennai so far. All of them cold calls.

*Except one guy who slammed the receiver on me, the rest seemed to be ardent NaMo supporters!

*If my sample holds, NaMo woud be the PM for the next 20 years ( Thathaasthu :D )
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Arjun wrote:The Grade-A moron that Shiv Vishwathan is - he would have termed Steve Jobs as a Pol Pot :roll:
People like shiv v don't have a feel for professional leadership, anx tend to regard it from a distance with fear and loathing.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Mischievous shot of the flag to remind one of tilted Swastika.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Mischievous cover page of this week's India Today's issue

member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

That is the subliminal message to the west. Hitlers Swastika runs clockwise, the Indic one runs counter clockwise. They have taken the picture to make it resemble the Hitler one.

Modi is a dictator == Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam and hence the west's new enemy onleee.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Arun Menon wrote:^Probably hoping for a sympathetic ear and a helping hand on judgment day. She should know better than to make an enemy of Modi. She has no hope in hell, and I for one will enjoy her burning at the stake.
Modii has said plainly that if he goes around being vindictive, there will be no time for his development agenda. I believe him.

Please stop making Modi the repository of all bitter feelings we may have.

And remember, Modi will lose onlee.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

It's worth checking that image for telltale signs of having been flipped horizontally using an image processing program, to accentuate the western style swastika look. Using social media to then run Outlook over hot coals would help.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Suraj wrote:Why are people worried about the fluency of language ? That is just nuts. Even if you can converse in broken language, do so. You're not auditioning for a newscaster's role here. Recipients don't expect the callers to speak in a clipped tone like a newscaster either. It's your enthusiasm that matters. They will think 'Modi is so popular, even some guy from yooess with broken Hindi/Urdu is calling me to encourage me to vote for him. He must be really good'.

Keeping the mindshare level dialed up is critical here for the purpose of accomplishing the wave effect - marginal increase in voteshare benefits the challenger. That's why the incumbent is trying to do the opposite by asking beebul to turn off the TV.
I did that with people who said, hindi me boliye...
But imagine if a Old City mother/Ayesha wanted to know why/how Modi is good, I would miss the opportunity to make a lasting impression.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

In case its not noticed its a Outlook cover from 2004 election.

But in addition to the Swastika (which i didnt notice till pointed out) , note the personalities interviewed in on the road series (Medha patkar et al).
Posted to remind how English media lulled the middle class PIF-inclined into stupor and pulled a fast one in 2004.
Last edited by Lilo on 22 Apr 2014 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

RamaY wrote:I did that with people who said, hindi me boliye...
But imagine if a Old City mother/Ayesha wanted to know why/how Modi is good, I would miss the opportunity to make a lasting impression.
Some impression >> no impression . At this point, this is a get out the vote exercise. Quality is not really at a premium; quantity is. The official campaign so far has already generated tremendous interest. If someone needs deep convincing now, it's probably not worth doing anything more than urging them to go out and vote, and thank them for the time.

Not directed at you specifically, since we know you're among the several who are doing their bit. But I'm trying to encourage the ones who feel they can't help get out the vote because of lack of fluency. That's not really a concern at all; an enthusiastic but somewhat verbally fumbling caller is just as useful as a fluent one. Times like this come once a generation onlee.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Singha wrote:posting it here for more eyeballs and because returning the country to high growth trend is Namo's mission.
looks like UPA thugs did the job well.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/business- ... 10326.aspx

9% growth a pipedream for India, 6.5% more likely: Crisil
HT Correspondent , Hindustan Times New Delhi, April 20, 2014
First Published: 23:57 IST(20/4/2014) | Last Updated: 00:05 IST(21/4/2014)

There is an even chance that the Indian economy will grow at an annualised average rate of 6.5% over the next five years, credit rating and research firm Crisil said in a report on Sunday, signalling that the country’s slowdown is stickier than earlier believed.

The slower expansion will affect job creation and job prospects, while on the other hand, weak income will affect the sales of a range of goods — from cars to two-wheelers, from houses to cement and steel.

Crisil warned that unless pressing policy and implementation issues are addressed, even sustaining this (6.5%) growth would be difficult.

The Indian economy’s average annual expansion of 6.7% during the past five years (2009-14 and Crisil’s forecasts suggest the economy’s a steep turnaround wasn’t likely anytime soon.

"With 6.5% average GDP growth, non-farm employment over this period will at best grow by 37 million," Crisil said in a report titled "Of Growth and Missed Opportunities".

"This means an additional 14 million (people) will be forced to either depend on low-productivity agriculture or remain unemployed," it said.

By 2019, more than 51 million people would be seeking employment

"Given insufficient job opportunities, labour force will not be able to migrate to the higher-wage, more- productive industry and services sectors," the report pointed out.

Elevated prices have hurt family budgets, as companies are offering meagre salary hikes and are holding back expansion and hiring. Besides, high inflation has prompted the RBI to raise lending rates.

Households putting off spending are early warning signals for the onset of an economy-wide squeeze.

According to the Crisil report, sales of consumer items such as cars and televisions "have taken a huge beating in the last 2-3 years" .

"The high growth phase won’t return soon-not in the next five years at least," the report said.

India’s economy has now recorded five successive quarter of sub-5% growth, and appears set to clock the second consecutive year of annual growth of below 5%, the first time in 25 years.

India’s economy grew by 4.5% in 2012-13, the worst in a decade.

From a foreign investors’ darling to an economy characterised by policy flip-flops, the Indian economy’s turnabout has been as rapid as the heady 9%-plus growth it clocked during 2004-2008.

Hopefully BJP gets over 272+ on its own. I really fear for the economy. It will tank at anytime. It will not be NaMo's fault but the media will blame him. He has to expedite the plans to complete them within this term. I do not know if they will get a second chance, considering how stupid the aam aadmi is.

Constitution changes if possible should be pushed through if it is in the interest of the desh.

All this celebration is good - it gives us the chance to survive so that we can fight another day, but there are forces which he cannot control and to be held responsible for the mess would be really unfair.

I hope I am wrong on this but only a brave person would bet against this slow motion train wreck.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Prem Kumar wrote:Agree with Suraj: language shouldnt be a barrier, especially if the difference is just in the dialect. One of the volunteers spoke to Bangalore voters in his broken Kannada. Of course, if you dont know the language at all, then it wont work (I reached a few Kannada speakers like that)

Anyway, RamaY ji has been doing a stellar job of campaigning. Looks like his relatives circle can easily fill a small town!
My convictions are well known on forum :)

Yesterdin I called my childhood friend (elections there are on May7) and he was in a marriage party. I made him stand up and tell everyone that his childhood friend from West requested all of them to vote for Modi/TDP combine...

He was shy at first but after much harassment/teasing he did that and everyone agreed Abki Bar Modi Sarkar!
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

The other thing I am expecting IF Modi comes to power (I have my reasons to believe it will be difficult for it to happen), is that the news traders who depend on western money will turn into 'fault-finding-zombies' and 'fault-amplifying-zombies'.

For example if some two bit BJP guy said something remotely communal or remotely supporting Indics, it will be amplified and then resonated all over the western Media which will then be used to claim how yeeeevil Modi is and how the west should plan his destruction.

Modi's team should watch out proactively for these Gungadeen house slaving zombies.
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

RamaY wrote:He was shy at first but after much harassment/teasing he did that and everyone agreed Abki Bar Modi Sarkar!
BRAVO!!

A couple of my friends are going to Hyderabad next week. They do not know if they will be able to vote. They will vote NaMo/BJP if allowed. Do happen to know how they can verify their eligibility? One of them has a PAN card. The other doesn't. Any links that I can pass on to them?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Rahul M wrote:Suraj, I don't think the ANI lady's article is at the same level as the DC one. she seems to be sarcastic while making those comments and IIRC has been quite pro-modi in her tweet a/c.
+1
From her tweets going back several years, smita p is a nationalist trying to stay in business in the MSM infested waters.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

LokeshC wrote:The other thing I am expecting IF Modi comes to power (I have my reasons to believe it will be difficult for it to happen), is that the news traders who depend on western money will turn into 'fault-finding-zombies' and 'fault-amplifying-zombies'.

For example if some two bit BJP guy said something remotely communal or remotely supporting Indics, it will be amplified and then resonated all over the western Media which will then be used to claim how yeeeevil Modi is and how the west should plan his destruction.

Modi's team should watch out proactively for these Gungadeen house slaving zombies.
^
Which is why Tejpal public Crucifixion is all the more important - hope parikkar govt leaves nothing to chance.
His fate should become an example for all "fault-amplifying-zombies" to remember. Further hope the story(in Gossipguru) of IB investigating Presstitutes for their paki links turn up some thing concrete to tar and feather a few.

Best defence is offense.
Last edited by Lilo on 22 Apr 2014 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Suraj ji... Didn't take it personally.

Agree with you on small better than nothing... Let's see if I get any numbers from old city :)
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Guys! My sister in B'lore apartment complex called in a samosa mtg to discuss. I called in a kannada friends and we spoke on the phone. 200+ votes mostly went to NaMo.

Had an interesting questions about Modi's wife, Modi's relations with business. Some of the dirt scum Kejri/Pappu throwing at Modi is creating some doubts but people were pretty supportive.

If any one has chance, please organize such meetings in apartment complexes in Hyderabad etc areas.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Sidd wrote:There are some RW posters on Twitter(you know who they are) some of them masquerading as psephologist or friends of psephologist s who for some reason have deep hatred of Brahmins and do not let go of any chance of portraying them as Mir Jaffers of the Hindu community.
Who? Let me know here or via DM on teetar. I would troll them to the edge of being suspended from guutuurgoo. @pudharipatil
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Lilo wrote:
LokeshC wrote:The other thing I am expecting IF Modi comes to power (I have my reasons to believe it will be difficult for it to happen), is that the news traders who depend on western money will turn into 'fault-finding-zombies' and 'fault-amplifying-zombies'.

^
Which is why Tejpal public Crucifixion is all the more important - hope parikkar govt leaves nothing to chance.
His fate should become an example for all "fault-amplifying-zombies" to remember. Further hope the story(in Gossipguru) of IB investigating Presstitutes for their paki links turn up some thing concrete to tar and feather a few.

Best defence is offense.
True, but there is another trick up West's sleeve, and its called 'Journalistic Phreedom', 'Phree Speech' etc etc. There has to be a concerted effort to discredit all these clowns and their associated handlers in the west. They are a part and parcel of the neo-colonial structure.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

RamaY wrote: My convictions are well known on forum :)

Yesterdin I called my childhood friend (elections there are on May7) and he was in a marriage party. I made him stand up and tell everyone that his childhood friend from West requested all of them to vote for Modi/TDP combine...

He was shy at first but after much harassment/teasing he did that and everyone agreed Abki Bar Modi Sarkar!
RamaY-ji: 1000 pranams! You are hard-core!

A humble request to EVERYONE to start calling.

a) Call ALL your friends, relatives & old contacts
b) Tell them to vote & ask them to speak to their domestic help, driver, watchman etc to vote for NDA. This is *key*. The middle class might have already made up their minds but the worker class might still be going to regional parties
c) If you feel like cold calling, please ping me or pick up numbers from JustDial.com

As Suraj says, this is once in a generation opportunity. Looking back, when people ask "what were you doing during 2014 elections?", we can say with pride "we did our bit"
Last edited by Prem Kumar on 22 Apr 2014 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

+1 When you are asked by your grandkids "What did you do when Modi was elected?" Dont have to fib!!!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

RamaY wrote:

I did something similar with my relatives and called about 4 families, but half the buggers didn't even vote. You may need a follow up call on the eve of election day.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

LokeshC wrote: True, but there is another trick up West's sleeve, and its called 'Journalistic Phreedom', 'Phree Speech' etc etc. There has to be a concerted effort to discredit all these clowns and their associated handlers in the west. They are a part and parcel of the neo-colonial structure.

Fellow jingos,

There are umpteen ways recalcitrant news traders could be brought in line if the gobermint is willing. I will leave it at that. These JaiChands can't start running to their maai-baaps in Videsh everytime they get pinched. Only overt, egregious stuff can be peddled as "persecution" and "curbing of presstitude phreedom". Lots of covert pressure points if you just have the will to pinch.

In fact, one of my pet peeves of VajPayee reign is that they were too lenient on this sphere. They just let the Barking Mutts run amok, totally uncontrolled, either through naivete or sheer incompetence. The signs were a plenty. Say for example during the IC814 - Rupin Katyal murder episode. That was a wake-up call for BJP about the presstitudes running rabid. They ignored it and to some extent, paid the price.
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

Ramay garu Namo na maha
Dhanya jivi viah
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Frederic wrote:
LokeshC wrote: True, but there is another trick up West's sleeve, and its called 'Journalistic Phreedom', 'Phree Speech' etc etc. There has to be a concerted effort to discredit all these clowns and their associated handlers in the west. They are a part and parcel of the neo-colonial structure.

Fellow jingos,

There are umpteen ways recalcitrant news traders could be brought in line if the gobermint is willing. I will leave it at that. These JaiChands can't start running to their maai-baaps in Videsh everytime they get pinched. Only overt, egregious stuff can be peddled as "persecution" and "curbing of presstitude phreedom". Lots of covert pressure points if you just have the will to pinch.

In fact, one of my pet peeves of VajPayee reign is that they were too lenient on this sphere. They just let the Barking Mutts run amok, totally uncontrolled, either through naivete or sheer incompetence. The signs were a plenty. Say for example during the IC814 - Rupin Katyal murder episode. That was a wake-up call for BJP about the presstitudes running rabid. They ignored it and to some extent, paid the price.
Media "Freedom"(including the throwing open of Media for FDI) of Vajpayee era was a CBM for Massa - methinks part of package deal(which includes individuals like jassu mithai , Brajesh Mishra etc) for letting NDA form govt (i.e gather allies) in 1999.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Modi might be forced to use the Abortabad option visavis Hafiz Suar if anything happens.

US cant object as they already offed OBL.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

ramana garu,

why such high profile raids? why not silently bump off Hafiz-e-suvvar and dawood Ibrahim?
Let them guess whether it is Yankees/Yahudis/Yindoos who is did it.