AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by ShyamSP »

RamaY wrote:
Rony wrote:WTF did i just watch ? :eek:
Apparently that central chair was for Modi and he (Modi) was supposed to have Nagam & Kishan Reddy was on his sides.

Modi pulled Naidu to sit in the central chair and he sat next to him. Kishan Reddy sat next to CBN.

Nagam requested BJP leadership to make CBN come to Palamuru as he needed TDP ground support and CBN's presence will make it sure.

Good to see Modi respecting CBN for it is a matter of respect in Telugu land.

I know lot of people dont like CBN for various reasons, but he survived 9yrs of YSR/YSRCP cabal, which is no small feat.
Nitpick: BJP organizers have no decency to put two white-clothed guest-of-honor chairs when it was joint rally of Modi and CBN.

CBN was graceful and humble to invite Modi and move aside. Modi was equally humble to let, force rather, him sit on the main chair. That awkward situation showed great ideals of the both men.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Muppalla wrote:Too much melodrama about JP. Why he needs a party? Could have merged into either TDP or BJP and work on the goals.
Thats the eventuality once Modi gets into power.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ShyamSP wrote: Nitpick: BJP organizers have no decency to put two white-clothed guest-of-honor chairs when it was joint rally of Modi and CBN.

CBN was graceful and humble to invite Modi and move aside. Modi was equally humble to let, force rather, him sit on the main chair. That awkward situation showed great ideals of the both men.
Completely agree...
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

ShyamSP wrote:
Nitpick: BJP organizers have no decency to put two white-clothed guest-of-honor chairs when it was joint rally of Modi and CBN.

the Telangana "organizers" are the "indecent" ones of course. good that you realize that this is simply your own nitpick, and nothing more.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

devesh wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

the Telangana "organizers" are the "indecent" ones of course. good that you realize that this is simply your own nitpick, and nothing more.
Touche, if BJP is Telangana. Glad I didn't write Telangana organizers or Telangana BJP organizers to offend your Telangana sensitivities aka pink cut-drawers.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

devesh wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

Devesh,
this is nonsense. He clearly said 'BJP organizers'. Why are you inserting Thelangana and non-Thelangana here? Thelangana is not BJP and BJP is not Thelangana.

BTW, Modi, BJP's PM candidate, himself said in the speech in Thelangana that kongis killed the Thelugu spirit which is what most of the united AP supporters were saying.

----
It was very graceful of Modi to do what he did. I think the BJP organizers didn't do the right thing. This shows that there maybe attempts to replicate the kongi model by creating a durbaar culture. But, so far, Modi has shown that he is not succumbing to it which is very heartening.

CBN is down right now, so he is bidding his time. Modi, on the other hand, is on a upswing. Many people(including CBN) are trying to piggyback on his popularity. Yet, so far, Modi has not shown too much arrogance. Infact, he has tried to be humble and modest as much as possible. If Modi is even slightly open to flattery or self-grandiose, then very quickly there will be a coterie around him just like the dynasty.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

ShyamSP wrote:
devesh wrote:

Touche, if BJP is Telangana. Glad I didn't write Telangana organizers or Telangana BJP organizers to offend your Telangana sensitivities aka pink cut-drawers.

I prefer boxers. you might be aware the slang for boxer-type underwear in some parts of T is jhangi. also, if color is so important, I'm partial to grey/black/brown/maroon/blue.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Why this blue on blue Kolavari saars?

Modi needs as many friendly states as possible to implement his plans. The skull-cap wearing, KA Paul blessed CBN will become Rama Kavacha when executing chanikyan initiatives.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

johneeG wrote:
devesh wrote:

Devesh,
this is nonsense. He clearly said 'BJP organizers'. Why are you inserting Thelangana and non-Thelangana here? Thelangana is not BJP and BJP is not Thelangana.

BTW, Modi, BJP's PM candidate, himself said in the speech in Thelangana that kongis killed the Thelugu spirit which is what most of the united AP supporters were saying.

the meeting was in T. it was organized by T-BJP. he clearly meant T-BJP organizers. not some random, seemingly invisible "BJP organizers" who are from nowhere yet from everywhere...

eh...what happened to this Telugu spirit in 1971? I've spoken about this before, and it is useless as this time to rehash old stuff. T is reality. for those with heartburn, you can make as many comments as you like about "indecent" organizers. :)

Telugu spirit was broken before when SA-elite interests were hurt. remember that whole ignominious episode where PVNR was kicked out of AP State by Jai Andhra agitation?
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

RamaY wrote:Why this blue on blue Kolavari saars?

Modi needs as many friendly states as possible to implement his plans. The skull-cap wearing, KA Paul blessed CBN will become Rama Kavacha when executing chanikyan initiatives.

I'll believe it when I see it, RamaY garu. I'm not being facetious. if CBN actually manages to show some commitment to some ideology for once in his life, there is no doubt that his legacy will be preserved. if he does become CM, he has a challenge ahead. how will he deal with EJ's? does he have the intellectual material to bring those sections back into the fold?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

devesh and shaymSP, drop it guys...
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... ore-510123

YSR Congress president Jagan Mohan Reddy owns assets of over Rs. 343 crore

hehe, this is amusing. add at least 2 zeroes next to that figure. then we will be close to truth.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

del.
Last edited by Rahul M on 23 Apr 2014 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: enough of T-SA fights.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

ShyamSP wrote:

Code: Select all

Seemandhra/Residual AP/Rayalaseema+Kosta Predictions
Version 1 date: 04/15/2014
=========================================================================
Party   | No. of Seats |  MP constituencies
INC     |       1      |  Araku
BJP     |       2      |  Narasapuram, Tirupati
YCP     |       6      |  Kadapa, Rajampeta, Nandyala, Nellore, 
        |              |  Amalapuram, Visakapatnam
TDP     |       16     |  Chittoor, Hindupur, Ananthapur, Kurnool,  
        |              |  Ongole, Bapatla, Guntur, Vijayawada,  
        |              |  Machilipatnam, Eluru, Rajamundry, Kakinada,  
        |              |  Anakapalli, Vijayanagaram, Srikakulam

Telangana Predictions
Version 1 date: 04/21/2014
Party   | No. of Seats |  MP constituencies
INC     |       6      |  Nalgonda, Bhongir, Mahbubabad, Malkajgiri,
        |              |  Nizamabad, Zahirabad
BJP     |       2      |  Secundarabad, Mahabubnagar
MIM     |       1      |  Hyderabad
TRS     |       5      |  Medak, Peddapalli, Karimnagar,
        |              |  Warangal, Adilabad
TDP     |       3      |  Khammmam, Nagar Kurnool, Chevella, 
        |              |  

Note: A few seats are too close to call but were put under a party.
Historically there is a tendency here to overestimate BJP and its allies seats ( i distinctly remember how we were all wrong in 2009). The reason I urge you all caution is based on what I see at ground level, which is quite different from above predictions. In fact based on the opinions of working class (the one that really vote), communal votes, TV ads , and the intensity of the campaigning on the streets, i think the YSRCP is going to do lot better than what is projected. Granted my extrapolation based on observations is not scientific and largely confined to Vizag and Vizianagram districts, but i suspect the above projections for TDP/BJP are grossly overestimated.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

devesh wrote:http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... ore-510123

YSR Congress president Jagan Mohan Reddy owns assets of over Rs. 343 crore

hehe, this is amusing. add at least 2 zeroes next to that figure. then we will be close to truth.
I remember the days before YSR came to power and a team member of mine whose Father was one of the honchos in congress would keep visiting Bhagya Nagar to dispose off property to raise funds. I was informed that CBN had squeezed their fund sources and they had to make do with property sale proceeds to surivive until elections.

Now this chap comes and declares 343 crores. What an upswing in fortunes.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Bribe scam: US approaches India for provisional arrest of Andhra politician KVP Ramachandra Rao
Hyderabad: The US has approached India for the provisional arrest of Rajya Sabha MP KVP Ramachandra Rao after he was indicted by an American court in a bribery case.

Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao, senior politician and close adviser of late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy, was named along with Ukrainian industrialist Dmitry Firtash and four others by a US grand jury for their suspected roles in an $18.5 million scheme to bribe Indian officials for a titanium mining contract in Andhra Pradesh, the US Justice Department said on Wednesday.

Mr Firtash, who was arrested in March in Austria, was allegedly the mastermind behind the multimillion-dollar scam, said US Justice authorities. He had also allegedly met Dr YSR to discuss a joint venture between his company and the state government. Rajya Sabha MP KVP Ramachandra Rao faces extradition to the United States and is to be tried in a Chicago court as the case booked by the FBI against him is an extraditable offence.

Read: Senior politician KVP Ramachandra Rao, Ukrainian tycoon named in $18.5 million mine scam

The CBI, while executing the warrant, will have to produce the defendant before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court (Extradition Court) Patiala in Delhi and once the extradition court gives its nod, he will be taken to the US for trial. The US can even ask for the provisional arrest of the defendant if it feels the urgency.

Beginning in 2006, the defendants allegedly conspired to pay at least $18.5 million in bribes to secure licences to mine minerals in Andhra Pradesh. The mining project was expected to generate more than $500 million annually from the sale of titanium products, including sales to an unnamed firm, identified as “Company A”, headquartered in Chicago.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Does NaMo have SPG security?

Those safari clad hulks looked more like SPG rather than usual black cats who are with him always
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

a_bharat wrote:Bribe scam: US approaches India for provisional arrest of Andhra politician KVP Ramachandra Rao
Hyderabad: The US has approached India for the provisional arrest of Rajya Sabha MP KVP Ramachandra Rao after he was indicted by an American court in a bribery case.

Dr KVP Ramachandra Rao, senior politician and close adviser of late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy, was named along with Ukrainian industrialist Dmitry Firtash and four others by a US grand jury for their suspected roles in an $18.5 million scheme to bribe Indian officials for a titanium mining contract in Andhra Pradesh, the US Justice Department said on Wednesday.

Mr Firtash, who was arrested in March in Austria, was allegedly the mastermind behind the multimillion-dollar scam, said US Justice authorities. He had also allegedly met Dr YSR to discuss a joint venture between his company and the state government. Rajya Sabha MP KVP Ramachandra Rao faces extradition to the United States and is to be tried in a Chicago court as the case booked by the FBI against him is an extraditable offence.

Read: Senior politician KVP Ramachandra Rao, Ukrainian tycoon named in $18.5 million mine scam

The CBI, while executing the warrant, will have to produce the defendant before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Court (Extradition Court) Patiala in Delhi and once the extradition court gives its nod, he will be taken to the US for trial. The US can even ask for the provisional arrest of the defendant if it feels the urgency.

Beginning in 2006, the defendants allegedly conspired to pay at least $18.5 million in bribes to secure licences to mine minerals in Andhra Pradesh. The mining project was expected to generate more than $500 million annually from the sale of titanium products, including sales to an unnamed firm, identified as “Company A”, headquartered in Chicago.
No extradition. He can be punished here. No extradition to missionary agents
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Well, in exchange for one david coleman headley, the new GoI maybe willing to consider extra-dition too, perhaps...
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

vivek.rao wrote:
No extradition. He can be punished here. No extradition to missionary agents
If the crime was committed in India, no extradition applies.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Dasari wrote:Historically there is a tendency here to overestimate BJP and its allies seats ( i distinctly remember how we were all wrong in 2009). The reason I urge you all caution is based on what I see at ground level, which is quite different from above predictions. In fact based on the opinions of working class (the one that really vote), communal votes, TV ads , and the intensity of the campaigning on the streets, i think the YSRCP is going to do lot better than what is projected. Granted my extrapolation based on observations is not scientific and largely confined to Vizag and Vizianagram districts, but i suspect the above projections for TDP/BJP are grossly overestimated.
Vizag is high profile and I can see huge spending by YSRC. Opinion polls don't capture as most surveys are based on low samples and I'm yet to see standardized and unbiased surveys to take any of them with seriousness.

Coming to the estimations, I'm providing some clarifications. YSRC party votes are Congress votes but main question is how many Congress votes will transfer to it as is from 2009? Mine is data analysis with my own bias, which I tried to minimize and stick to what numbers say. My error in 2009 numbers was to minimize PRP effect thinking it affected both INC and TDP. Although I knew PRP sold to INC last minute from Parakala Prabhakar I didn't adjust.

A few examples of Seemandhra criteria I used for raw 2009 numbers from EC. The posted results are based on numbers. Only issue I have with these numbers is this time because of lack of time I didn't do MLA constituencies which made my 2009 results much more superior than this time. I'm still looking to adjust based on YSRC and INC understanding. It is in INC interest to move its votebank in entirety to YSRC.
- Kept TDP %s minus caste criteria
- Applied caste criteria for INC %s
- Shifted INC and TDP votes to YSRC.
- Applied some political considerations and back-testing of the 2009
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

Did Telugu film comedian Ali get TDP nomination to contest from his native Rajahmundry?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sum wrote:^^ Does NaMo have SPG security?

Those safari clad hulks looked more like SPG rather than usual black cats who are with him always
even state pulis copies SPG and issues safari suits to VIP security detail.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

LakshO wrote:Did Telugu film comedian Ali get TDP nomination to contest from his native Rajahmundry?
No. There was confusion on which one BJP gets - Rajmundry rural or urban. Buchaiah Chowdary filed for both seats. I haven't check how it is resolved.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

YSR Congress candidate Shobha Nagireddy dies in road accident
Hyderabad: YSR Congress candidate Shobha Nagireddy died today after an accident last night in Hyderabad.

Ms Nagireddy, 45, was critically injured after the car in which she was returning after campaigning last night swerved and overturned. She was sitting in the front seat and was thrown out of the car.

She died in a hospital in Hyderabad today.

Ms Nagireddy was a legislator from Allagadda in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh and had been elected four times from the seat. A mother of three children, she joined politics in 1996. She had been in the TDP and Chiranjeevi's Praja Rajyam Party earlier.

YSR Congress president Jaganmohan Reddy, his mother Vijayamma and sister Sharmila have all suspended their campaign to come to Hyderabad to be with her family.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Typical Islamist behavior

Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

What I saw in SA, when I was in India, frightened me no end. The support for Jagan is extremely strong in Rayalseema. Out of the 8 seats in Rayalseema, the only one I would say is even remotely possible for TDP is Hindupur. Of the four the BJP is contesting, I don't think it is going to win either Tirupathi or Rajampeta (or even Vishakhapatnam, if Dasari-garu is to be believed). If BJP-TDP hits 10/25 in SA, I will be delighted. I fear me that most people are taking YSRCP too lightly. The doles given out by YSR have a strong impact, and many people personally connect to it.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

^^

Support for Jagan in Rayalasema is purely because of Reddy caste factor. For some reason which i never understood till now, many Reddy's still see him more as a Reddy and not as a Christian.The christian factor simply does not register in their minds. I recently met a reddy guy from pulivendula (YSR bastion) at BIL's house and when the topic changed to politics, he was very upset with TDP-BJP alliance and taking potshots at TDP aligning with a 'communal party' as opposed to Jagan secularism but in between he said "Although Jagan is a Reddy, all Christians will vote for him". I was like what is that logic ? Jagan IS Christian hence he will get christian votes and not because he is a reddy or he is good. I flatly told him that Reddy's need to find new role models and Jagan/YSR are not one of them. The conversation was becoming hot when my moneybag secular BIL who had business relations with that guy changed the subject.

You are right Nagesh garu, we in this forum are underestimating YSR/Jagan and overestimating TDP/BJP. Outside situation is more complex.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Effect of secularism and deracination - similar to how Modi's Gujarat policies are called backward by even principal of educated institutes! :rotfl: And that is taken as secular behavior and not communal!
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Rony wrote:WTF did i just watch ? :eek:

Modi showed his muscle power :rotfl: literally pulling CBN.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Rony wrote:^^Support for Jagan in Rayalasema is purely because of Reddy caste factor. For some reason which i never understood till now, many Reddy's still see him more as a Reddy and not as a Christian.The christian factor simply does not register in their minds. I recently met a reddy guy from pulivendula (YSR bastion) at BIL's house and when the topic changed to politics, he was very upset with TDP-BJP alliance and taking potshots at TDP aligning with a 'communal party' as opposed to Jagan secularism but in between he said "Although Jagan is a Reddy, all Christians will vote for him". I was like what is that logic ? Jagan IS Christian hence he will get christian votes and not because he is a reddy or he is good. I flatly told him that Reddy's need to find new role models and Jagan/YSR are not one of them. The conversation was becoming hot when my moneybag secular BIL who had business relations with that guy changed the subject.
Andhra Christians can be forgiven for saying that though Jagan is a Christian, even Hindu Reddys vote for him. However, for Hindus to say that Jagan is a Reddy but all Christians vote for him is a sign of their mental bankruptcy. How can these people be so blind to what is obvious to all non-Hindus? This typical habit of Hindus of giving more importance to their caste than to their religion (a result of deliberate social engineering by Brits spooked by 1857 and after Independence by Congis) will be the main cause of their destruction.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

SanjayC wrote:
Rony wrote:^^Support for Jagan in Rayalasema is purely because of Reddy caste factor. For some reason which i never understood till now, many Reddy's still see him more as a Reddy and not as a Christian.The christian factor simply does not register in their minds. I recently met a reddy guy from pulivendula (YSR bastion) at BIL's house and when the topic changed to politics, he was very upset with TDP-BJP alliance and taking potshots at TDP aligning with a 'communal party' as opposed to Jagan secularism but in between he said "Although Jagan is a Reddy, all Christians will vote for him". I was like what is that logic ? Jagan IS Christian hence he will get christian votes and not because he is a reddy or he is good. I flatly told him that Reddy's need to find new role models and Jagan/YSR are not one of them. The conversation was becoming hot when my moneybag secular BIL who had business relations with that guy changed the subject.
Andhra Christians can be forgiven for saying that though Jagan is a Christian, even Hindu Reddys vote for him. However, for Hindus to say that Jagan is a Reddy but all Christians vote for him is a sign of their mental bankruptcy. How can these people be so blind to what is obvious to all non-Hindus? This typical habit of Hindus of giving more importance to their caste than to their religion (a result of deliberate social engineering by Brits spooked by 1857 and after Independence by Congis) will be the main cause of their destruction.
The Reddies think they are in the driver's seat, and that Christians will have to do what the Reddies tell them to do, as far as political direction is concerned. For the Reddies, it is a power trip for the next five years. For the Christians, it is a chance to consolidate. The political interest of the former coincides with the religious interest of the latter, and thus the alliance is stable. We may hate it, but from the Reddy point of view, it is better to make an alliance with the Christianists than lose power to CBN and his Kammas.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Nagesh bhai: I've been saying for the longest time that INC is not dead in SA. And Jagan is essentially INC++. I'm not looking forward to the results from SA or T. Feeling in T right now is that INC deserves gratitude and that is enough to give them a good showing.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

nageshks wrote: We may hate it, but from the Reddy point of view, it is better to make an alliance with the Christianists than lose power to CBN and his Kammas.
Ironically, there are many Kammas who prefer Jagan to Naidu. Kammas and their money power actually did not stand behind CBN solidly in last two elections and moved over to YSR/Congress, one of the many reasons he lost. This CBN=TDP=Kammas may be true from a bird's eye view level.But look closer and there are wheels within wheels.Muppala garu explained it beautifully in one of his previous posts.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

It is the mercenary mentality in AP. Even the caste affiliation works only as long as it brings financial rewards..
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

From my sources in AP, all is well only.

Yes YSJ will give good fight but (relative) Dharmics win for now.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

AP has extreme self-interest governing everyday life!!!

Was shocked that my BIL who slaved all his life and even lost his wife to cancer eneded up writing off his property to his kids and is now sort of living with his mom!!! They wanted him to hand over the property now while they are young rather than after he is gone! He couldn't stand the nonsense and did that before anyone could reason with him.

His mom stays downstairs!!!!
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

nageshks wrote:The Reddies think they are in the driver's seat, and that Christians will have to do what the Reddies tell them to do, as far as political direction is concerned. For the Reddies, it is a power trip for the next five years. For the Christians, it is a chance to consolidate.
Christians are not consolidating but expanding like hell using Reddys as useful idiots. Once the demography changes, it is game over for Reddys and other Hindus like in North East -- they can then dance with their surname all they want.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

It's not just reddies, but every caste is like that. No body has a clue about the ejisation, nobody is bothering to tell them. How do the lay man know about it and realize what is happening?