Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by RajeshA »

SwamyG wrote:I seek assurances from knowledgable folks in BRF. I want to hear the real news from the ground. Great campaigns don't mean seats. With so much to lose, there is naturally some second guessing and shivering.

The voting percentage seems to be not as high as in the first few phases. I don't want congress to claw back with MSM.
Low percentages can have other reasons as well, e.g. that most of Congress or ally supporters just don't show up to vote!

All those who have been Congress supporters all their life, and hate BJP and are even more disgusted by Congress's record and in fact have lost all hope of a Congress victory, why would they want go out in the heat, stand in a queue to vote for a party they are angry with and also don't expect to win?

Close contests are there where supporters from both sides (or for that matter for multiple sides) are motivated, energized and expect to win. But if one side simply lays down its weapons and go back to heir homes, then yes the number of soldiers standing in the field would look far fewer, just over the half, and for the keen eye, they may also be supporting similar colors.

Most non-NDA supporters are going out to vote simply because they are being paid to do so! And there can never be enough money to go around to buy a whole state.
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

So Narendra Modi in one of his rally in Gujarat has sent out an ominous warning to Congress - "harass me as much as you want for the next 20 days, your CBI wont be able to do anything after that"

P.S. Thanks for the suggestions for dealing with the AAPtard on my FB timeline, he has been taken care of for good :D
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

hahaha panelists on Times NOW are shitting bricks over "Accountability Commission" which will be set up by the NDA govt. They have almost given in to the ideal of Modi as the next PM
bhargava
BRFite

Post by bhargava »

SP motor mouth showering praises on CBI :rotfl: :rotfl:
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

The cynical me says that high turnout in WB and Assam is due to paranoid BD immigrants voting for secular forces to keep Modi out. If we get a breakup of voting % by constituency along with it's demographics we will be easily able to validate above CT.
Last edited by negi on 24 Apr 2014 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

rohitv wrote:hahaha panelists on Times NOW are shitting bricks over "Accountability Commission" which will be set up by the NDA govt. They have almost given in to the ideal of Modi as the next PM
Links!!?? :((
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

negi wrote:The cynical me says that high turnout in WB and Assam is due to paranoid BD immigrants voting for secular forces to keep Modi out. If we get a breakup of voting % by constituency along with it's demographics we will be easily able to validate above CT.
Good to be cynical but the BDs always voted like clockwork. This time around, it is the lazy asomia Hindu who has hauled his bottom to the voting booth because he has understood the enormity of the stakes. What is surprising is the middle and upper classes are so gung ho, not only about voting but also about BJP. I refuse to reach any conclusions till I see it with my own eyes on May 16.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

A couple of days back when <some> Gandhi was badmouthing the CBI I was like this dude realized it at the end of 10 years of UPA of which he was a part. I has a sneaking suspicion that CBI had suddenly gone bad because the CON goons were going to be at the receiving end in a months time. So it was an ideal time to start badmouth CBI in preparation of that phase.

I think the "Accountability Commission" is a brilliant idea. There must be enough documents within the Government files to nail the looters. An independent body separate from the tainted CBI supervised by a retired supreme court justice will not only be fair but also seen to be fair.
Last edited by pankajs on 24 Apr 2014 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/arvin ... edarticles

Despite all the suck up to AAP in the article.
When Kejriwal arrives in his jeep, he is buoyed by the numbers, the sea of white caps and chants of Vande Mataram. His immediate target is Modi and his helicopter hopping politics. He tries to provoke local sensitivity by drawing an accessibility versus inaccessibility comparison between him and Modi.

As Kejriwal continued attacking Modi, a person standing quipped that “he must wait till tomorrow (hen Modi files his nomination) to see what a road show means and how massive it can get. Nothing will move in the city of Varanasi. The numbers that you see here are mostly of outsiders, people from outside of Varanasi and outside of UP.”

Even before he could finish however, a few AAP supporters got into a heated exchange with him. {Fanatics}
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

pankajs wrote:
I think the "Accountability Commission" is a brilliant idea.
Nice gora label for choon, choon ke hisab lenge.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

All documented criminals must be RFID tagged for their entire future!
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Whats with Arnab? Of late he has become extremely critical of Modi and BJP? I dont remember it being this putrid? Does Modi's cold shouldering the p-sec journalists have something to do with this? Not that Modi cares in the first place.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Aarthy Jerath is a closet Aaptard and Mehta chap of outlook is a congress sympathasizer. Why are both of them not identified as so before the debate begins?
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

What's so special about Arnab? Sold a$$h0l3$ that pretends to be neutral.
rvishwak
BRFite

Post by rvishwak »

rohitv wrote:hahaha panelists on Times NOW are shitting bricks over "Accountability Commission" which will be set up by the NDA govt. They have almost given in to the ideal of Modi as the next PM
That Congi spokesperson's foot is always on the accelerator...man he can talk on and on without being clearly audible, no pause nothing!
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

From time to time he has laid stribes on kaangress that still hurts for them. Probably why Sanjay Jha has stopped appearing so often given how he is mocked openly by Arnab.

He is lesser of a p-sec than the others.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

just err-nab him and tweet him around!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Per MediaCrooks a 400 Cr deal between TimesNow and CON.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Kanchan Gupta ‏@KanchanGupta 25m

More than politicians and parties some hacks and media houses seem to be more worried about Modi setting up an Accountability Commission.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

"Accountability Commission"

Some from paid media has copied stuff from BRF.

Would there be any accountability after the elections?
Last edited by SRoy on 24 Apr 2014 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Interesting that you spoke of FB harassment. One of my friends posted this on FB today- On Khujliwal, and when I suggested that he look at the recent NITICENTRAL Article on AAP funding, I was instantly flamed by this lady who comes out with the following quote:
Unbelievable...! last thing any 8.5 pointer IItian would want to become is a CIA agent or terrorist or naxal or last but not the least a Pakistani agent. Biggest problem in India is its insiders not outsiders. US will not get even an iota of thing by destroying India .. we are already a bhikari country .. not like oil rich Arabs

What do you say to people like this?

And then again I had a running 6 post battle with a former classmate who is an appointee on some EU committee about Modi, US control over India, and AAP. Finally had to put data in front before I could get him to shut up. +1 for Team Indics. But what surprised me is how this chap who went to the same school as me, stays outside the country has so different an attitude and view of all things Indian. What's even worrisome is that in our cluster of friends on FB, he is listened to with great deference because he is doing so well in Europe. Sometimes I feel that we at BRF are fighting a losing battle, and the world has gone a different way. Now I am even worried whether actually NDA (pre-poll) will touch 230. :(
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 17m

From dropout rates, debt to malnutrition in Guj, Madam tried her best to mislead people with incorrect facts. Thankfully, people are wiser.
Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 14m

An institution no less than CAG appreciated Guj's efforts to tackle malnutrition. Sadly Madam wants to play petty politics on serious issues
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:we are already a bhikari country .. not like oil rich Arabs
You could tell her that her attitude seems to explain her eagerness to promote a person who revels in bhikhari status and symbols and a leftist agenda that would entrench India as a bhikhari nation like the Congress has over the last several decades.

Tell her that Kejri Bhikhari is the right fit for her...but that you much prefer to endorse someone who has a concrete vision to change India's 'bhikhari' status.
Last edited by Arjun on 24 Apr 2014 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Now I am even worried whether actually NDA (pre-poll) will touch 230. :(
Let's not descend into langothi shiver mode from dhoti shiver. Indians who go abroad, get bought out and pontificate will have zilch influence on the real Indian voter. It is the latter that will set the agenda and decide who gets how many seats. Please note the anti-Modi "letter" by the 50 odd Indian perfessers in UK got thrashed by 90% of readers who cared to comment and these were other learned Indians who read the Independent. These are the signs of desperation in those places.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

rvishwak wrote:
That Congi spokesperson's foot is always on the accelerator...man he can talk on and on without being clearly audible, no pause nothing!
Let me guess is that Randeep Surjewala? Congress has a good team of people who can push the buttons and infuriate people without appearing angry. When they are angry they use all the right politically correct words/concept to show how they are holier than others. Some of the lady spokespersons from Congress are feisty as hell. On Arnab it is always a shouting match. He has become a joke in my household. He is totally pissed off at Modi/BJP - must be the giant head and ego.
member_23061
BRFite

Post by member_23061 »

Rahul M wrote:do I really make long winded meaningless CT's all the time ?
No you don't. Which is why this Abdul was confused only because I assumed M to be Mehta.

1000 apologies onleee!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

negi wrote:The cynical me says that high turnout in WB and Assam is due to paranoid BD immigrants voting for secular forces to keep Modi out. If we get a breakup of voting % by constituency along with it's demographics we will be easily able to validate above CT.
Negi kaka, BJP anyways is not expected to win loads of seats in WB, maybe 2-4.
All this would do is, wherever BJP is losing will lose by a huge margin and wherever they are winning will win by a whisker if not lesser margin.
The risk of BD voting exists more strongly in Delhi.
I don't know much about Assam situation so can't comment on that.

PS: Rhetorical question but are all BD immigrants 'Sickular' kind onlee ?
mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Post by mayo »

Yogi_G wrote:Whats with Arnab? Of late he has become extremely critical of Modi and BJP? I dont remember it being this putrid? Does Modi's cold shouldering the p-sec journalists have something to do with this? Not that Modi cares in the first place.
Madhu Kishwar had tweeted a few days ago that timenow got 500(*?) crores for 24x7 anti-modi programming. The news seems true as Arnab has decidedly turned anti-BJP. Today there're four anti-BJP panelists and Ms Lekhi defending all of them. Even then, when Lekhi tried to speak, Arnab shut her off.

* Don't remember the exact amount and I don't know of an easy way to search somebody's tweets. But the number was large like 300 or 500cr.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

I don't know why Meenakshi Lekhi keeps appearing on Times Now and allowing herself to be humiliated like this. Why can't BJP stay away from this channel till the elections? If BJP representative is not there, the debates will become meaningless.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

VikasRaina wrote:
Negi kaka, BJP anyways is not expected to win loads of seats in WB, maybe 2-4.
All this would do is, wherever BJP is losing will lose by a huge margin and wherever they are winning will win by a whisker if not lesser margin.
The risk of BD voting exists more strongly in Delhi.
I don't know much about Assam situation so can't comment on that.

PS: Rhetorical question but are all BD immigrants 'Sickular' kind onlee ?
I just had a look at the WB's 2009 general election data. In all constituencies (except Darjeeling where it won) its placed 3rd, albeit a distant 3rd.
4th position and below are again very far away from the 3rd placed (BJP).

It is a pleasant surprise. In a state with no hope in 2009 it had an uniform presence.

So, its not matter of 2 or 4 seats, but the larger picture (as also noted in media by astute observers) is that BJP in WB is emerging as the 2nd pole in politics.
Brihaspatiji was wrong in his assessment that MB and assorted power centers will support saffronization. In WB's case the push is coming from below.

It is interesting to see this phenomenon in conjunction with Dalit vote swing towards BJP in Hindi heartland.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

@SRoy, I have noted this earlier on BRF. even derek o'brien says that it's Left V BJP for 2nd position in WB, cong would be a distant 4th. slowly but surely rss is gathering strength in rural bengal.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Rahul M wrote:@SRoy, I have noted this earlier on BRF. even derek o'brien says that it's Left V BJP for 2nd position in WB, cong would be a distant 4th. slowly but surely rss is gathering strength in rural bengal.

RahulM and SRoy, Same thing in TN. Its a big surprise for the entrenched parties.
What they don't understand is the big push for the freedom struggle came from South India.
So its return to roots for the region.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

For all those (I think most of the BRFites can be included in this bucket) who have had to deal with utter political stupidity of their FFR (friends/family/relatives):

5 Stages of political disagreement with FFR (Friends, family and Relatives)

Modeled on the famous 5 stages of grief by Kubler-Ross

Sometimes in your life you come across major political disagreement with your FFR (friends/family/relatives). You know these people fairly well. You think you know their overall intellectual capacity, which is fairly high. But they seem to have a political opinion that is diametrically opposite to yours.

How do yoy deal with your FFR's political disagreements?

1. Disbelief: Your first reaction is sheer disbelief. Seriously, dude? You can't believe that this dude, who seems to possess reasonable or above average intelligence, is thinking this?

2. Bargaining: Sure enough, since the dude is one of your FFR, you try to reason with him. SHow him the error of his ways. Highlight the logical inconsistencies and ethical/moral fallacies in his argument (such as it is). You even adopt a conciliatory stance, diluting your own opinion to see if it will make him see the light of reason, but to no avail. In other words, you try to bargain in search of a compromise position.

3. Anger: When bargaining fails, you get angry. How the hell can my FFR be having this opinion? Is he a moron? Did i make a mistake in including him in the FFR if his political opinion is so far away from mine?

4. Contempt: Your anger soon turns into contempt. The dude is not worth wasting my time on. He is so brainwashed that he wouldn't be able to see reason or logic if it squirted him with water in the face.

5. Pity: Finally, your contempt turns into pity. He just doesn't get it. A dear friend of mine, an entrepreneur, while pitching his idea to VCs, told me this. If you are convinced about your idea, and the VC just doesn't get it, you finally have to think that the guy (the VC) is just lacking whatever it takes to 'get it'. And if he just doesn't 'get it', then you just walk away because he (the VC) is just not evolved enough. In other words, you pity the guy who doesn't get your idea.

After this, you would be well advised to just shun the guy/gal. Because they are beyond pity.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Unbelievable...! last thing any 8.5 pointer IItian would want to become is a CIA agent or terrorist or naxal or last but not the least a Pakistani agent. Biggest problem in India is its insiders not outsiders. US will not get even an iota of thing by destroying India .. we are already a bhikari country .. not like oil rich Arabs

What do you say to people like this?
We grew up in the 70's hearing how CIA was doing this and that. Even a local municipality election in WB for example was supposedly manipulated by the CIA. That school of thought was completely hand in glove with those that were imposing subsidy-license raj and preventing even basic opening up of the economy. I personally grew up detesting those that blamed the CIA/ imposed subsidy-license raj. I hated every politician including IG/RG/VPS/Morarji/Charan Singh/JP for literally keeping millions in poverty and endangering the nation. People were living in a frog well and did not even know/imagine what opening up the economy meant. I used to have heated arguments and break my head against the insanity of most as they launched again into the CIA conspiracy stuff. Since then i realized, if one had to convince me of the socialist, license-subsidy raj model the last thing they should have dropped on me was a CT.

However much i dislike AK, I don't for one second that AK is a CIA agent in as much i believe that every individual on Track 2 dealing with Fai is an ISI agent. Yes vested people have funding routes pull strings etc. and maybe those funds find a way to your organization. When one needs money, any money is welcome, and that from the likes of Ford Foundation even more so. The problem with the AKs, Arundhati's, YYs is nothing to do with being schemed by CIA but the same left pseudo liberal pseudo socialist upbringing that justified the license-subsidy socialist raj that has almost killed India and certainly killed tens of millions last few decades. There is a big jump from being a typically retarded socialist piece of crap like Kejri and co and being labelled a CIA moron. Many of us have to evolve to jump less and seamlessly transition to the real point better. JMT/
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Modi should embrace Subramaniam Bharathi and V. O. Chidambaram (the original Chidambaram, not this fake P. C. today). They are both indisputably Tamil icons of the freedom struggle. Refreshingly free of this "Dravidian" sentiment - Bharathi was a proud Hindu, who took a shot at translating the Gita into Tamil. V. O. C. is the "kappalottiya Thamizhan," the man who got a whole team together and sailed a ship (reminiscent of old Tamil/Indian maritime glory) in defiance of the British ban.

Then there's Thiruvalluvar, who needs to be reclaimed from the "Dravidian Xtians."
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Abhijit: ... this applies both ways, right? It does not get them to your way and loose someone otherwise near. Hopefully most fall somewhere in the middle and are turned at step 2 or 3; and you move from there.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Abhijit, Awesome. Its a very good life lesson. You need to spread the message far and wide for it deals not just with elections but most aspects of life.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

++
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Thanks for the kind words Ramana garu. I have gone through these stages in my NaMo battles with some of my friends and have reached the stage of pity for them. Now I do not respond to their stupidity - I just pity them. It is like a pigeon or a sparrow that inadvertently gets into a house and is desperately trying to get out by banging on closed window panes. You try to rescue it out of your natural pity and it actually fights back against you. You, being a human and a creature of intelligence, realize that this poor creature needs to either find its own way out or needs to suffer the consequences if it fails to do that. The sparrow/pigeon is not going to let you help it. It will fight back even more viciously. At that point in time you just pity it and hope for the best.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Just wait for some real tremors when south Bengal votes. The real backbone of the left parties had been the Hindu refugees frm East pakistan. A large chunk of this block is going to BJP this time. In fact, a large chunk of the TMC will vote for BJP too. Thanks to Didi's naked minority appeasement. People are fedup with - (i) free bikes for muslim girls to attend school (why not poor hindu girls??); (ii) AMU style minority university in Murshidabad (why not for poor hindu students??); (iii) stipend for Imams 9what's wrong with poor hindu priests??); (iv) AIIMS style hospital for minorities (poor hindu folks have no such right???). All the FFR I have talked too are very primed up to send a solid message to Didi...... Didi needs to be in state power, and Namo at center for a few years before WB turns pro NaMo solidly. Didi is caught between the devil and deep sea. the more she tries to hold on to the 30% minority block with shrill voice against BJP the more it is going to haunt her in long run. Another big plus is that left will be completely wiped out this time because people are now seeing only BJP as an alternative to Didi, and they don't want to bring the lefties back in any time soon.