Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

James B
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by James B »

Karan M wrote:
rohitv wrote:hahaha panelists on Times NOW are shitting bricks over "Accountability Commission" which will be set up by the NDA govt. They have almost given in to the ideal of Modi as the next PM
Links!!?? :((
http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Modis-201 ... 453087.cms

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Modis-201 ... 453088.cms

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Modis-201 ... 453089.cms
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Yawnable crap from that foggy bottomed pro. Doubt anybody anymore expects any change in unkil's 400% support-pak-at-any-cost policy. Hope is a new sarkar may do its covert bit to destabilize pak while refusing to soak up on yanqui sponsored aman-ka-ass koolaid...

Meanwhile, mischief mongers in the market rake up unrealistic and unreasonable goals to eventually make a modi sarkar look bad when the unrealistic doesn't come to pass.... take this example below...

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

anmol, Please x-post in 1)Indo-US thread and 2)Pakistan a new way of looking. Heck even in 3)Understanding US thread. Belongs in all three.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Even S. Swamy tweeted India would overtake China's economy by 2017 or 19. A ridiculous thing to say and certainly to tweet. 10 T USD in black money etc is being talked in sections of BJP sound rank stupid and buffoonish.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Does anyone have any idea who this guy is? Seen a lot standing quietly close to AK and Sonia..no one seems to know who he is.

KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

^--- ISI agent?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Tweeted about ethics committee to Modiji yday

@vivekrao_2000: @narendramodi Committee which every politician&relatives have to apply for permission before buying stock/land to avoid loot by Vadra/Jagan

I tweeted this a day back and Modiji announces Accountabilty committee. Coincindence?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Another interesting thing to note:
Just before the sixth phase of election, Western Union was giving exchange rate of 1 usd = 59.70 inr.
As soon as the 6th phase election ended, the exchange rate shot up to 1 usd = 60.38 inr.
BRF-gurus, what does it mean? hainji?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

SwamyG wrote:He is totally pissed off at Modi/BJP - must be the giant head and ego.
Arnab knows he is one of those who Modi refers to as media traders. It must hurt when you have tried to pontificate using buzzwords like impartiality, credibility, number 1, etc. etc. he is hurt and he is now showing it.

Burkha, old monk and category 5 moron have been anti Modi forever and openly. Arnab tried to stay impartial. He may still be impartial, only he knows. But by being associated to times group, he has become one of them. Basically his journalist career is kind of over. Without credibility, no one will listen to him.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

harbans wrote:Does anyone have any idea who this guy is? Seen a lot standing quietly close to AK and Sonia..no one seems to know who he is.

Mafia queens Luca brassi.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Arnab/TimesNow got a huge sum paid by INC per media crooks.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Scum of the worst kind: Even Presstittes is a mild word for this scum..

Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Saw this in a forum
Modi was waiting due to 5 nominees already in the queue . When he arrived , he was told by security that he had to wait. Response was "koi baat nahi". After some time when security person who was not from Modi's offered to sit on chair , the response was that we will go by law.
A person who didn't broke a simple rule while filling nomination despite of his busy schedule, we can expect a good law and order in our country.
Added later: I saw this in headlines today TV just now
Last edited by Anantha on 25 Apr 2014 05:19, edited 1 time in total.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Varanasi vignettes: Modi, Modi everywhere
Dubey, whose father is an alcoholic (“drinkard,” he says), says he worked for three years at a lamination factory near Surat. But he likes to invoke The Mother in his expletives more. Like when asked why Modi, and not, say, Murli Manohar Joshi, the Bharatiya Janata Party veteran and incumbent member of Parliament from Varanasi who made way for Modi.

“You would see Joshi only during elections, otherwise even if your mom got f***ed you would not be able to find him,” Dubey declares. “Look at this road, they call it a highway! In Gujarat even the local roads are better than this. There are no poor people in Gujarat. When Modi comes he will make UP Gujarat. Earlier people used to say Bihar is the worst, now Bihar has become Delhi (developed).”
Sonia/Pappu's goose is cooked. No one believes anything they say
There are AAP caps visible in Varanasi, but there is also anger against Kejriwal and co.

“Arre, they are giving money to wear those caps,” says a panwallah in his 40s. “At a barber's shop they said they will give Rs 100 to wear the caps. The barber took the money, wore the cap for a moment, and threw it away.”

And at a journalists' bravado session at the end of the day, the consensus seems that the attack on the AAP's Somnath Bharti on Wednesday evening could have gotten a whole lot worse, had not local journalists intervened and saved Bharti.

Past midnight, as a drunk labourer couple totters through an empty Varanasi road, a few people having paan shout at them: “Arre, the good days are about to arrive (a reference to Modi's campaign line) and you are drunk?”
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

The real danger here is that CM NM May not be able to fulfill these high expectations UP/Bihar deforming into Delhi is a little too much to accomplish for anybody. Also if I were him I most definitely do not wish for such a demotion. Who would want to live with a state full of Dilli biliis?
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

While waiting outside the nomination room, Modi gives a small speech
Go to internet and look at Sabarmati front. I will do the same for Ganga maiya
Gujrat Kite business was 35 crores in 2002-03. It is now 700 crores and reaches muslims quite a bit. Modi says he will do the same for weaver's business in Varanasi with technology up gradation so that they can compete with China.
Looks like the worst fears of deshdrohis are going to come true.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

KJoishy wrote:^--- ISI agent?
Intelligence Service for Italy?

harbans: good find man! that should nail the source of funds transfer from one party to the other.. haath to jhadu.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

vivek.rao wrote:Varanasi vignettes: Modi, Modi everywhere

“You would see Joshi only during elections, otherwise even if your mom got f***ed you would not be able to find him,” :rotfl:
OT but........
rediff actually quoted someone using the f***** word in some fine UP Hindi dialect???? :rotfl: :rotfl:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Would like to see a desi version of '300'... wherein a six-pack sporting Modi leads his merry band of 300 MPs against the awesome might of the evil empire... Of course, I would script a different ending than the one in the original 300...
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

did you notice that at 2:40?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

matrimc wrote:The real danger here is that CM NM May not be able to fulfill these high expectations UP/Bihar deforming into Delhi is a little too much to accomplish for anybody. Also if I were him I most definitely do not wish for such a demotion. Who would want to live with a state full of Dilli biliis?
Nothing to worry sir. UP can be made Delhi in 5yrs.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

RamaY wrote:
matrimc wrote:The real danger here is that CM NM May not be able to fulfill these high expectations UP/Bihar deforming into Delhi is a little too much to accomplish for anybody. Also if I were him I most definitely do not wish for such a demotion. Who would want to live with a state full of Dilli biliis?
Nothing to worry sir. UP can be made Delhi in 5yrs.
If he can ensure 24 Hours "Bijli" and 50 % reduction in corruption. He is set for 90+ seats in 2019 from UP/Bihar.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

you never know 90+ mybe NDA for 2014 itself.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

UP can utilize solar, biomass, and most importantly the hidden coal under the scam.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Interesting that you spoke of FB harassment. One of my friends posted this on FB today- On Khujliwal, and when I suggested that he look at the recent NITICENTRAL Article on AAP funding, I was instantly flamed by this lady who comes out with the following quote:
Unbelievable...! last thing any 8.5 pointer IItian would want to become is a CIA agent or terrorist or naxal or last but not the least a Pakistani agent. Biggest problem in India is its insiders not outsiders. US will not get even an iota of thing by destroying India .. we are already a bhikari country .. not like oil rich Arabs

What do you say to people like this?

And then again I had a running 6 post battle with a former classmate who is an appointee on some EU committee about Modi, US control over India, and AAP. Finally had to put data in front before I could get him to shut up. +1 for Team Indics. But what surprised me is how this chap who went to the same school as me, stays outside the country has so different an attitude and view of all things Indian. What's even worrisome is that in our cluster of friends on FB, he is listened to with great deference because he is doing so well in Europe. Sometimes I feel that we at BRF are fighting a losing battle, and the world has gone a different way. Now I am even worried whether actually NDA (pre-poll) will touch 230. :(
Most of what you said is right, except that BRites were never "fighting" any battle AFAIK, except posting posts that too in a section which only 20000-50000 registered users can see.

===

People like AK make pacts with MNC-owners because neither leaders nor activists ever supported them. Most leaders never support talented newcomers, unless there is serious shortage. And most activists in India are leader bhagats and so never support a newcomer. In fact, leader-bhagats have tendency to ridicule every newcomer by saying "your size is small" etc etc. You may have noticed that on many internet forums.

So finally a newcomer has two choices

1. make pact with MNC-owners who will project them as tall leaders and this enable them to get activists and voters

2. live a loooong life as micro-dwarf , put with all mocks and ridiculing but stay away from foreigners.

Some take track-1 and some take track-2. AK took track-1. A leader-bhagat would never know people who took track-2 as leader-bhagat has brain-washed himself to notice his leader , faces which come in paid-media and no one else.

So AK must have tried to gain support from activists across India. But most leader-bhagats rejected him simply because he was a dwarf. And so made pact with MNC-owners, Missionaries etc

Moral of my story is --- if activists remain "focused" on leader-bhakti, more and more AK-like people will join MNC-owners and work to enslave India. Solution I propose is that activists should dump leader-bhakti and focus on law-drafts that can fix India. That will force all senior activists and leaders to support law-drafts that improve India. And it will give chance to new-comers to come up simply supporting good law-drafts. All this is IMO.

====

RajeshA,

Yes. You answered why BJP-leaders did a "good" thing by supporting Congress in supporting census-2011 data. I also want others to give their take on why BJP leaders supported Congress's decision to suppress census-2011 religion/language data
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 25 Apr 2014 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Mukesh Kumar - I personally knew 2 people from the batch previous to mine at IIT-KGP, who became naxalites.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.swapan55.com/2014/04/the-wes ... ional.html
THE WEST STRIKES BACK - The international media’s approach to Modi is an eye-opener
By Swapan Dasgupta
It is not that the voices of the so-called 'moral majority' have been driven underground, as happens in crude dictatorships. It is just that a small group has such a stranglehold over the levers of intellectual power that dominant sentiment is either deemed to be non-respectable or intimidated into occupying the fringe space reserved for contrarians. A thorough content analysis of the media (both print and electronic) for the past six months may be able to identify the quantum of bias. However, it is very hard to shake off the impression that the big guns have chosen to direct their fire at Modi. The international media's approach has been an eye-opener. Earthy wisdom would have us believe that what the Economist recommends to the Indian voter is going to have zero impact on the voting classes. At best, it could be a one-day talking point among bankers and diplomats and, at worst, was calculated to raise nationalist hackles. However, when adverse comments on a Modi-led India becomes the theme song of almost all the 'quality' publications of the West that can be bothered to devote editorial space to the world's largest festival of democracy, the groupthink is bound to have some effect. First, it is calculated to paint the picture of an electorate that is guided by raw emotion rather than enlightened self-interest, a proposition that is in direct conflict with the abiding global faith in the modernity of the Indian middle classes. Secondly, it has served to confuse foreigners who have an economic stake in India. Their personal experience, bolstered by inputs from their Indian partners, is that the advent of Modi is certain to give a boost to economic activity. But the unrelenting hostility of the editorial classes to any possible Modi dispensation has the potential of being translated into opposition from small shareholders who may have begun to believe that the gullible masses are on the cusp of electing a Hindu Hitler. What has added to this confusion is the numerous appeals penned by India-connected notables such as Salman Rushdie and Anish Kapoor expressing grave fears at the likelihood of a Modi-led government. The quantum of alarmism can be assessed by a blog in the Guardian website where a Cambridge academic of Indian origin recommended that the British government scale down its diplomatic engagement in India if Modi comes to power. To detect a direct link between the alarm bells in the Anglophone world media over a possible Modi victory and the hysteria over impending fascism among India's intellectual elite wouldn't be far-fetched. India is too much of a rumbustious democracy for its historians and playwrights to be reduced to echo-chambers of Western liberal fashion. On the contrary, if the editorial classes in London and New York have developed a Modi allergy, it is because they have been guided by their counterparts in India. In the normal course, someone like Salman Rushdie would have found reason to celebrate the continuing vibrancy of Indian democracy rather than join a version of the International Brigade against Modi.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sorry to say, Swapan uses 10 words where one or two would do. And continues to underplay the behavior of these leftist turds.
AJ and Swapan seem to be unduly mild with the sold out media types
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

AJ and Swapan are both part of Dilli billi club.So is chandan mitra.May be,all national newspapers and TV channels should shunt out their Delhi bureaus to Silchar,Irinjalakuda,Bhavnagar,Gondia for a decade.
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Karan M wrote:Sorry to say, Swapan uses 10 words where one or two would do. And continues to underplay the behavior of these leftist turds.
AJ and Swapan seem to be unduly mild with the sold out media types
Content aside, Swapan's prose is tortured. Consequently, his writing lacks punch. I just rewrote the first few sentences as follows
In dictatorships, sane voices are driven underground and silenced forever. Democratic India, by contrast, is disproportionately influenced by elitist self-styled media intellectuals who have a reflexive disgust for popular sentiment. The degree of media bias, revealed via content analysis, is likely to be nothing less than astonishing. Lemming-like, the big guns of international media have fallen victim to this bias as they direct their fire at Narendra Modi ...
Last edited by Saral on 25 Apr 2014 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Anindya wrote:Mukesh Kumar - I personally knew 2 people from the batch previous to mine at IIT-KGP, who became naxalites.
actual gun totting Naxalites or armchair sympathizers only?
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

Once upon a time Swapan was not like that, when he was with IT group. He mellowed down and also lost his writing skills.
By the way what happened to Sai Suresh Siva Swamy of IE/Rediff and Prem Pannicker the cricket commentator on Rediff later India Abroad ?

Its lucrative to be Naxal they are the biblical money changers now, free booze free wimmen
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Saral wrote:Content aside, Swapan's prose is tortured. Consequently, his writing lacks punch.
Swapan Dasgupta is a self-claimed anglophile. I had a Twitter exchange with him once where I called him a sophisticated sepoy. All his articles begin with examples from history and politics of Western countries to set the context for whatever he is going to write about India. He was also badmouthing Rajiv Malhotra recently. He writes tortured prose difficult to comprehend. He doesn't have a writing style suited for the layman.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
Anindya wrote:Mukesh Kumar - I personally knew 2 people from the batch previous to mine at IIT-KGP, who became naxalites.
actual gun totting Naxalites or armchair sympathizers only?
Actual gun totting Naxalites. Many brilliant students in 60s-70s took that route - they were not brain-washed idiots or criminals but were idealists. Some got out and went to US/Canada to lead normal prosperous lives, rest perished.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Next seat colleague at office is an AAPtard. Finally came around to convincing him with facts and figures on Modi. Cornered him on the presence of commies, naxalites/maoists in AAP. His defence now (unflinching at that) is "what is wrong with Maoism/Naxalbari"? They are people's movements against corruption. :((

No wonder Indians deserve Maino and Khujli. BTW this turd is from Orissa, seriously affected by naxalism. Wat to do onlee.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

^^^ There is a lack of basic intelligence in some Hindu youth.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Raja Bose wrote:
Actual gun totting Naxalites. Many brilliant students in 60s-70s took that route - they were not brain-washed idiots or criminals but were idealists. Some got out and went to US/Canada to lead normal prosperous lives, rest perished.
I think Brihaspatiji will have fuller details but the cream of bhadralok background brilliant students from presidency college, jadavpur some of them also went that route.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

panduranghari wrote:
harbans wrote:Does anyone have any idea who this guy is? Seen a lot standing quietly close to AK and Sonia..no one seems to know who he is.
Mafia queens Luca brassi.
I think his name is Kishori Lal. He is Gandhi Family's close confidante who runs the Gandhi fiefdom in Amethi. He is a Punjabi from Ludhiana/Malerkotla.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

"actual gun totting Naxalites or armchair sympathizers only?"

I was not there in the 60s or the 70s - but these are much closer to our times and they were intellectuals who actually moved into the forests to live with the cadres - never saw them carry guns though. Entirely possible that they planned attacks and strategy.