Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

yvijay
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by yvijay »

I think of all the interviews recently done by Modi, ETV 2 is best. Short, crisp and to the point. No cliched questions about riots, no questions about Pappu said this, AK 49 said that. Only questions relevant to the state. This is how the interview should be conducted.

[youtube]7juG_bYW1jc#t=10[/youtube]
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

SaraLax wrote:With respect to below quoted tragic news item - Would it be possible for NaMo sir to tweet his condolences for the great sacrifice made by the Martyr Major Mukund Varadarajan to the nation - a couple of days before when flushing out the Muslim Terroroists from Shopian in J&K ?.
https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status ... 6073396224
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Wow he is sure that INC is gone, and BJP will make the govt and now, its just a matter of getting more votes to BJP. Incredible, given he must be getting up to date reports, his confidence must exist for a reason.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

yvijay wrote:I think of all the interviews recently done by Modi, ETV 2 is best. Short, crisp and to the point. No cliched questions about riots, no questions about Pappu said this, AK 49 said that. Only questions relevant to the state. This is how the interview should be conducted.

[youtube]7juG_bYW1jc#t=10[/youtub]
Modiji bangaya Modi Garu :D
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

[url][http://www.firstpost.com/politics/naren ... 1.html/url]

Cat 5 moron Ghose says Modi should soften and should not give fiery speeches. :(( :((
She says Modi called journalists as news traders. Even now she lies, Modi called a few journalists as news traders that includes Ghose, Rajdeep, Burkha and Arnob.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Anantha wrote:The Diigi Video and other photos are all over twitter and Social media. The dog wont show his face for a few days
but he will be back soon enough...just as abhishek manu singhvi was brought back after a cooling off period following the khulasa of his hard work in the supreme court.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/Karg ... 51865.html

Now Congis outdo themselves. Kargil need not be celebrated
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Singha wrote:
Anantha wrote:The Diigi Video and other photos are all over twitter and Social media. The dog wont show his face for a few days
but he will be back soon enough...just as abhishek manu singhvi was brought back after a cooling off period following the khulasa of his hard work in the supreme court.
Yes, yes. I remember the BJ video of A. Singhvi :D :D. Diggy's video was out almost a month ago. The pics surfaced in the last two days. I think Diggi has no corruption cases against him, he may survive and be still the court jester for the next few years.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

RamaY wrote:
yvijay wrote:I think of all the interviews recently done by Modi, ETV 2 is best. Short, crisp and to the point. No cliched questions about riots, no questions about Pappu said this, AK 49 said that. Only questions relevant to the state. This is how the interview should be conducted.

[youtube]7juG_bYW1jc#t=10[/youtub]
Modiji bangaya Modi Garu :D
Did you hear him saying my wavelength matches with CBN?
Last edited by gandharva on 30 Apr 2014 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Re: Doggysingh going doggy-style on some woman:

My dad had many roles in the govt. one of them being part time personal assistant to MPs visiting our state. The stories I heard from him about sexcapades of some of our worthies are just unbelievable.

Thankfully he kept our family guarded from all this as he hated it. He never gave us the names, but once in a drunk while mentioned that someone is having a good time with someone else's wife etc. I tried to pry out names, but he has kept it a closely guarded secret so far.
R_Kumar
BRFite

Post by R_Kumar »

^ what you guys are talking. I don't see this in any news.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Modi Live on TV after voting

says based on voting so far, "Maa bete ki Sarkar gayi"
From here on voting is for making the Govt strong
Last edited by Anantha on 30 Apr 2014 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Didnt know the place to post this ... but Modi mentioned this recently.
Rahul proving publicly why he is called Amul Baba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YjL5QPucV8
Modi says Rahul Gandhi's gaffes funnier than Kapil Sharma show

Rahul Gandhi's gaffes should be telecast on TV instead of comedian Kapil Sharma's show, Narendra Modi, the BJP's prime ministerial candidate, said on Sunday, mocking the Congress vice-president's elections speeches, which, he said, were full of gaffes.
"I feel the TV serial of Kapil Sharma [Comedy Nights With Kapil] will shut down in a few days. TV people should gather these Rahul Gandhi [YouTube] videos and show them and the entire tiredness of the elections will go away. You won't have to do anything [else] for entertainment," Modi said at a rally in support of party candidate Uma Bharti in Jhansi in UP.

Modi, the Gujarat Chief Minister, recalled Rahul Gandhi's three speeches, saying they had glaring gaffes.

"This morning I saw my friend, Rahul Gandhi's statement, and I laughed so much that my stomach hurt. What are they saying? Will such people run the Congress, leave the nation aside?" Modi said.

"He [Rahul Gandhi] was in Gujarat yesterday and these days, mother-son have developed a lot of love for Gujarat. They praise Gujarat day and night. Mother speaks somewhere, son speaks somewhere else. Mother speaks one lie and son speaks two lies," he said.

"He [Rahul Gandhi] said: 'Tell me Modi-ji, there is no lokayukta in Gujarat and the day lokayukta comes, this chowkidar [security guard] will go to jail'," Modi said, referring to the Congress vice-president's speech in Bhavnagar on Saturday.

Rahul bhaiya, slow down. Why are you spreading such lies? I will tell you. Rahul bhaiya, those who are writing your speeches, they are bent on destroying you, it seems. And your mother's adviser, with whom you do not get along, may be he is providing you with such false speeches," Modi said, amid cheering from the crowd.
"You should know. There is a lokayukta is Gujarat. Not only this, the same lokayukta has given a probe report which was tabled in the last Assembly session. In that report, a minister at the Centre, whose father was once the chief minister of Gujarat and who stole from the forests, ate up forest wood, the current lokayukta has held that Mr Amarsinh Chaudhary guilty. Amarsinh-ji has passed away and that is why we did not want to do politics and that is why we were silent. We never mentioned it. We respect departed souls. And you lie like this?" he said.

Referring to another Rahul Gandhi speech, Modi said: "Gujarat's population is six crore, but Rahul baba said there are 27,000 crore jobs lying vacant in Gujarat! ... You have exceeded world's population!"
"The other thing he said, I can't repeat. Okay, I will tell half of it. It's on YouTube. I have said that there has been a White Revolution in Gujarat and the state now provides milk to other states. On this, he [Rahul Gandhi] said something on which I laughed as well as felt ashamed. Can there be leaders like this?" Modi said.

"He said a third thing. This is also on YouTube. He is the Congress' PM candidate and look at his intelligence: He said in Gujarat, two in one children are malnourished. Did you understand?" Modi said.

"I don't know what kind of fate I have that I have to face such people. If there was someone wise, we could have had a conversation," he said.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/modi ... 57837.html
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Karan M wrote:Wow he is sure that INC is gone, and BJP will make the govt and now, its just a matter of getting more votes to BJP. Incredible, given he must be getting up to date reports, his confidence must exist for a reason.
I feel he is positioning and saying it for positive sound bytes. I think we might have lost momentum going into phase 7 which could cost us a few seats. I don't have any research to back it up. .just a gut feeling. I hope I am wrong

-M
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

^^ On that pappu Amul video Gujrat ko dudh diya hai, to is taraf dekhiye, in mahilaon ne diya hai :rotfl: :rotfl:

10 out of 5 people will agree with that.
Last edited by Anantha on 30 Apr 2014 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Gandhinagar : Narendra Modi's mother, Heeraben casts her vote
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Last edited by gandharva on 30 Apr 2014 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Narendra Modi takes a selfie after casting his vote
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Rahul on Gujarat's milk:

sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Don't forget Nirbhaya when you vote, don't forget the unemployed youth, or our soldiers who were beheaded-Modi

Two things are certain till now, Mother-Son Govt is gone, and second, foundation for a new stable govt has been laid-Modi
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

a_bharat wrote:Rahul on Gujarat's milk:

Thank god !! He didn't say.. Agar Gujrat Ka kisi ne Khada kiya hai... To in mahilao ne kiya hai.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Clearly you've never chanced upon one of those NDA Xth course mailing lists. Most people on BR are PSecs by that measure. Here's the thing though. All it indicates is the opinion of vocal people on that list. Same as your or SRoys opinion. I wager that the Armed Forces has the same spectrum of opinion as the rest of the population. What is hilarious is when SRoy comes up with random generalizations and connects it to the economic status of officers and such. When challenged he moves targets from economic state to social status and then onto some cultural mumbo-jumbo. He has nothing more than a caricature to offer which has no connect to reality. Retired officers by and large live like any other middle class folk.(As rohitvats points out there are exceptions to this too of course) They therefore share similar opinions with the addition of issues like pension benefits and such. And like other middle class folk some will plump for the Congress and some for the AAP as well. And in my opinion that's a good things. More retired officers distributed across the political spectrum looking out for the interests of the services and their personnel is a good thing for the services and the country.
For someone whose family has served across the 3 services for 3 generations I think I have seen things closely enough to make that observation. This is not about someone being Psec that is a different argument , you need to remember that until recently armed forces could not even cast their vote so there was no inherent need for them to worry as to who formed the government , another thing to note is until Gen. V K Singh openly broke the old rule about a fauji being apolitical there was no one for men to even think along those lines.

OT alert: to say that officers live a middle class life is again a factual error; on a relative scale in India if you go by how a poor is defined and how many live under the poverty line and then look at the working class even under the central government so that we get a better picture the pecking order is on lines of low grade positions like sweepers> clerks/workers> executive , barring the IAS and say the ONGC an officer in the armed forces is paid handsomely by government standards . Lot of us civillians here too cannot play modest and claim to be middle class .

Anyways coming back to my point i.e. the executive class under the Central government until recently have by and large either abstained from electoral process or even when participated remained loyal to the ruling side and why shouldn't they ? Fact is the ones who are in central government jobs live in nice closed cantonment areas be it BARC, TIFR, ONGC colonies or even the armed forces bases they do not have much to complain against the government , the roads inside are nice, schools are inside the campus , the grocery stores are inside hell one can buy a swanky car at lowest possible price . All in all when you live inside a bubble your world view gets limited by what you see and experience, one's political views are likely to be influenced by the same .
Last edited by negi on 30 Apr 2014 09:43, edited 2 times in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^time to throw this puppy out of politics. absolute waste of time. he can eat his pizza and watch a rich tv
member_28555
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28555 »

i just googled some of those names and found among them were apparently released by tehelka in 2009...something is fishy

http://news.in.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp- ... 59&page=14

Germany had officially handed over the list to the Indian Government on 18 March 2009 and Tehelka accessed and brought out 16 names:
1. Manoj Dhupelia
2. Rupal Dhupelia
3. Mohan Dhupelia
4. Hasmukh Gandhi
5. Chintan Gandhi
6. Dilip Mehta
7. Arun Mehta
8. Arun Kochar
9. Gunwanti Mehta
10. Rajnikant Mehta
11. Prabodh Mehta
12. Ashok Jaipuria
13. Raj Foundation
14. Urvashi Foundation
15. Ambrunova Trust

However, only one person has so far been questioned: Hasan Ali Khan

Hasan Ali is allegedly worth $9 billion or more, according to law authorities. This figure has been verified from a letter written by UBS (Zurich) to Khan. The Government of India has also confirmed the existence of this account in UBS, and ordered him to pay Rs 50,000 crore in taxes on that wealth.

However, according to Khan, he is a scrap dealer with an annual income of Rs 30 lakh. Some sources claim that he might be the fourth richest person in India and amongst the world's dollar billionaires.

The Enforcement Directorate, Income Tax department along with the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Maharashtra are probing the illegal investments and charges of money laundering against Khan.

The Supreme Court of India questioned the Central Government's inertia on this issue: "What the hell is going on in this country? There are instances when minor offenders are shot down for violating Section 144 CrPC, but you don't take any action against these people. We are very sorry. All these people are now free. What is in the way of taking action against Hasan Ali? How many years will investigations continue against Ali?"

Despite this, the Central Government doesn't intend to prosecute Khan under India's money laundering law simply because it hadn't gone into effect at the time the alleged crimes were committed.
ramana wrote:Looks like GOI revealed the names of 18 of the 26 account holders in Licthenstien They dont ring a bell. Why were tehy under such confidentiality till now?
Eighteen names and the trusts associated with them are: Mohan Manoj Dhupelia, Ambrish Manoj Dhupelia, Bhavya Dhupelia (now Bhavya S. Shanbag), Manoj Dhupelia, Rupal Dhupelia (all Ambrunova Trust reg. & Marline Management S.A), Hansmukh Ishwarlal Gandhi, Chintan Hansmukh Gandhi, Madhu Hansmukh Gandhi, Late Mirav H. Gandhi (all Manichi Trust reg.), Chandrakant Ishwarlal Gandhi, Rajesh Chandrakant Gandhi, Viraj Chandrakant Gandhi, Dhanalaxmi Chandrakant Gandhi (all Ruvisha Trust reg.), Arunkumar Ramniklal Mehta, Harshad Ramniklal Mehta (both Dainese Stiftung and Dryade Stiftung), K.M.Mammen (Webster Foundation), Arun Kochhar (Urvashi Foundation) and Ashok Jaipuria (Raj Foundation).

Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Now you all know what Amul's next cartoon will be.!
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

negi wrote:
Clearly you've never chanced upon one of those NDA Xth course mailing lists. Most people on BR are PSecs by that measure. Here's the thing though. All it indicates is the opinion of vocal people on that list. Same as your or SRoys opinion. I wager that the Armed Forces has the same spectrum of opinion as the rest of the population. What is hilarious is when SRoy comes up with random generalizations and connects it to the economic status of officers and such. When challenged he moves targets from economic state to social status and then onto some cultural mumbo-jumbo. He has nothing more than a caricature to offer which has no connect to reality. Retired officers by and large live like any other middle class folk.(As rohitvats points out there are exceptions to this too of course) They therefore share similar opinions with the addition of issues like pension benefits and such. And like other middle class folk some will plump for the Congress and some for the AAP as well. And in my opinion that's a good things. More retired officers distributed across the political spectrum looking out for the interests of the services and their personnel is a good thing for the services and the country.
For someone whose family has served across the 3 services for 3 generations I think I have seen things closely enough to make that observation. This is not about someone being Psec that is a different argument , you need to remember that until recently armed forces could not even cast their vote so there was no inherent need for them to worry as to who formed the government , another thing to note is until Gen. V K Singh openly broke the old rule about a fauji being apolitical there was no one for men to even think along those lines.

OT alert: to say that officers live a middle class life is again a factual error; on a relative scale in India if you go by how a poor is defined and how many live under the poverty line and then look at the working class even under the central government so that we get a better picture the pecking order is on lines of low grade positions like sweepers> clerks/workers> executive , barring the IAS and say the ONGC an officer in the armed forces is paid handsomely by government standards . Lot of us civillians here too cannot play modest and claim to be middle class .

Anyways coming back to my point i.e. the executive class under the Central government until recently have by and large either abstained from electoral process or even when participated remained loyal to the ruling side and why shouldn't they ? Fact is the ones who are in central government jobs live in nice closed cantonment areas be it BARC, TIFR, ONGC colonies or even the armed forces bases they do not have much to complain against the government , the roads inside are nice, schools are inside the campus , the grocery stores are inside hell one can buy a swanky car at lowest possible price . All in all when you live inside a bubble your world view gets limited by what you see and experience, one's political views are likely to be influenced by the same .
Negi,

I was actually shocked when I had to step out the comfortable confines of AF stations.

OT, the gentleman above that is making an equal equal of disinterest towards BJP's cultural nationalism with pseudo-secularism is clearly confused. Two are different things.
Last edited by SRoy on 30 Apr 2014 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

ShankarCag wrote:It appears that Modiji and his campaign team is a bit stressed and there have been quite a few unforced errors in the past few days.
1. Letter from mother of Capt Batra. BJP should simply have ignored the letter and issued a statement that since 1947 30000 Indian soldiers and officers have become shaheed defending their motherland and Kashmir from going to invaders. The AAP Party is anti national and wants to give up Kashmir to Pakistan and is insulting the nation and all these shaheed soldiers. Modiji should simply not have responded to the mother.
2. Personal attack of painting against Mamata. I think Modiji was illadvised in this. In addition he should have also stuck to mentioning deportation of illegal Bangladeshis and not brought up Odiya, Bihari stuff in the mixture. It appeared to many that in WB he was looking for the Odiya and Bihari vote and not the Bengali vote. Here too he was ill advised and not respectful of local sensitivities.
3. Indiscreet comments of Baba Ramdev. Given that there is a large SC population in Eastern UP this too was an unforced error.
Shankar-Saar, don't agree with you on #2 above.

Attack on Mamata was necessary since in this election NaMo = BJP, and Mamata = TMC. By attacking on Mamata, and hence on TMC, on the painting issue NaMO has created a huge consternation in WB, and suddenly the fight has become between TMC vs. BJP. Other two parties are getting less attention, and BJP is stealing the mileage from others. This should have been done
earlier. The non-bong hindu vote will go to BJP solidly, no doubt. The bong hindu vote will be interesting to watch. Usually WB sees a high voter turn out, about 80% - rain or shine. I'm expecting
it to be around 85% this time in south bengal which may spell doom for all non-BJP parties. About illegal bangladeshis everyone in WB knows that the comment was directed to those who form the secular votebank.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

The painting comment is getting traction now.
Only if BJP did some homework with respect to evidence before appearing on TV shows, then the impact would have been more devastating.
As it is turning out the said amount is not 1.8 Cr but 3.9 Cr.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Didi's paintings
In the last two years, the Trinamool Congress has earned nearly Rs 6.47 crore from the sale of Mamata Banerjee’s paintings, the subject of a bitter exchange between Mamata and Narendra Modi.
A balance sheet of the party submitted to the Election Commission shows her paintings fetched Rs 2.53 crore in 2012-2013 and just under Rs 3.94 crore the previous year. In 2010-2011, which was before her party came to power, no Mamata painting was sold, show copies of the three balance sheets accessed by The Indian Express.
“If the Election Commission feels it necessary, it will ask for a breakup of the list. As of now, there has been no intimation to us,” said Amit Bhattacharya, officer on special duty at the office of the West Bengal chief electoral officer.
Girish N Pande, chief commissioner of income tax in Kolkata, said the EC would send the department the details after the elections. “The EC will send us these financial statements and accounts and if we find anything we need to probe, we will,” he said.
Modi questioned Sunday how one Mamata painting could fetch Rs 1.80 crore. The state leadership of the BJP and the Congress, too, have alleged chit fund companies were among the buyers of the paintings.
“The buyers are owners of chit fund companies and some unscrupulous industrialists who paid heavy amounts to the chief minister who became such a celebrated painter overnight. We demand that the list of buyers be put up on the public domain,” said Congress state president Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury.
BJP state president Rahul Sinha said this is a route the CM has taken to legalise black money. “This is money collected from chit fund companies which the party is showing as sale of paintings. We want to know how the paintings were sold. Through auction or at random?” he said.
CPI(M) leader Md Selim said, “More than anything, they are painting black money into white.”
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Me and Modi voted today. :mrgreen:

One thing I noticed was: there were lot of burqas in last elections(I was actually surprised when I saw, so many burqas in my area). This time, they seem to be quite less. Maybe they already voted or will vote later. But, that was immediately notable to me. This time, it seemed like more middle-class Hindhus and young are voting. Many young girls are seen with parents.

----
The order list in EVMs is interesting. In MP elections, Congress symbol(hand) was placed first on evm and BJP symbol was placed second. In Assembly elections, TRS symbol(car) was placed first and BJP symbol was second in order.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Anantha wrote:
a_bharat wrote:Rahul on Gujarat's milk:

Thank god !! He didn't say.. Agar Gujrat Ka kisi ne Khada kiya hai... To in mahilao ne kiya hai.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
But he did say that too.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Interviewer: Why should I appoint you the Operations Manager for this factory?

Candidate: Sir, in my childhood, my grandmother was murdered by our trusted servant and I was angry at this.
Later, my father also murdered by a Rowdy. I became more angry. So, please give me this job.

Interviewer: Are you nuts! How can you ask for a manager's job on the basis of your grandmother and
father's sufferings?

Candidate: Sir, if Rahul Gandhi can ask for PM's post for same reasons, can't I ask for manager's job!!!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Wow! What a thhapad for paap prasun vajpayee!

What a clarity!!

What a mindfulness, what a presence of mind !!!

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Voted today, for the first time ever. Took 45 minutes odd. Long lines, all middle class+ folks, few in the <35 bracket. Malkajgiri Seat.

No lotus either in LS or in VS, sadly. Did think about voting lok satta but finally went with TD in both LS and VS. TD at least is a confirmed part of the NDA.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

"I don't know what kind of fate I have that I have to face such people. If there was someone wise, we could have had a conversation," he said.

> spoken like a mighty warrior on the field, who does not want to spend his arrows cutting up some riff raff army but seeks battle with worthy opponents arjuna/bheema -vs- karna/drona/bheesma.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

KLN
In all fairness pappu said Gujrat ko not Gujrat ka
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

negi wrote: For someone whose family has served across the 3 services for 3 generations I think I have seen things closely enough to make that observation. This is not about someone being Psec that is a different argument , you need to remember that until recently armed forces could not even cast their vote so there was no inherent need for them to worry as to who formed the government ,
Who told you they could not cast their votes? The Indian law required you to go where you are registered and it is same even now for everyone; but it made it hard for defence personnel posted all over the country. Postal ballot exists but it is not secret ie. it can be read by the others, and hence those who cannot travel will not vote. My family members when they could have traveled and cast their vote.

Now things are much better though with SC ruling; and is the proper solution.

And it is silly to presume people were apolitical. They have their ideals, their opinions, their backgrounds, their parents or family land (small or big), house, or other activities like other non-services people.