Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by RajeshA »

Sanku wrote:
RajeshA wrote:I think NaMo & Amit Shah wanted Sonia Gandhi to remain the head of the Congress party going into 2019. The old sick hag can never be beautiful again, figuratively speaking. Modi & Co. don't want a Congress makeover under the guidance of a new face, either from the family or by some US/Saudi stooge.
Well ABV is being called names for doing exactly that.
ABV, as far as I recall, didn't do anything to wound and contain LaFamiglia!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Gus wrote:modi does remind me a bit of kamraj in how a leader has to keep his family out consciously to avoid interference. kamraj kept his mom in the hut in his village and not in his CM residence in chennai. when asked, he said family is interference and that mom may not interfere but mom's relatives might come to chennai in the pretext of seeing mom and then ask for favors. such was the man's personal integrity. and that did not stop dmk from using the vilest words to denounce him, the cheap fellows they were.
yes.. both are sales boys, one is chai, and the other is cloth.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

disha wrote:I do not understand why the dhoti shivering (except Dilbu should always dhoti shiver ...)!!
A simple and honest answer - Congress past performance and 2009. 2009 was a big KLPD for all of us.

Too much to lose in this election. I prefer to dhoti shiver, fully aware that things are going on well for Modi+, and on May 15th/16th sip my scotch and eat pakodas watching the takleef on MSM.

Everyday I wake up, I pray there is no bad news...scan the headlines and feel happy.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

SwamyG wrote:
disha wrote:I do not understand why the dhoti shivering (except Dilbu should always dhoti shiver ...)!!
A simple and honest answer - Congress past performance and 2009. 2009 was a big KLPD for all of us.
2004 was a bigger KLPD. Many believed the India Shining campaign had worked and everyone and his cat was predicting an NDA win using opinion poll data.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

xpost from dekho no money thread, for those who need data on NDA vs UPA economic performance:

There's been a lot of discussion on which of the parties contributed most to the decade of high growth in the 2000s. Growth is return on investment. Investment is given the gross fixed capital formation data, in actual data parlance. When GFCF is high, high growth can be sustained. The best possible definition to 'who was responsible for high growth ?' is 'who did most to push up GFCF ?'. Here's a very pithy graph showing who.

Note the massive increase in GFCF from a very average 23% in 1998, to 34%, in 2004 ? That change is THE reason for the high growth of the 2000s. The party in power since then has barely managed to keep the investment rate at that level. The 2013 data is probably below the 2004 data, indicating that in 10 years, they did nothing more that barely keep up and ride the investment wave created by the NDA between 1998-2004.

The lowest investment/GDP number during NDA was higher than all but one year of previous post-independence economic history, and when they left office, they left behind a stratospherically high investment/GDP level far more than ever achieved before, and which served as the basis for the growth boom of the 2000s.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

SandeepA wrote: You will still have 'secular' icons for the sickulars to demand like Khwaja Mohiuddin Chisti, Akbar the @#$!, Shah Jehan, Tipu Sultan and even Ghazni and Ghouri if push comes to shove! Best is to stick to Gandhi or go to Indian mythological figures (long shot)
Keep it simple and utilitarian. No pictures of anyone.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

suryag wrote:NaMo should have stood in the rain and addressed the crowd. ofcourse, his health is important but stading in rain without umbrella would have notched up his popularity many points
abhi kai rally baaki hai, he is fine under umbrella.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

any FIRe on rallying under an umbrella? whose symbol is that?

so all these popularites are based on how he shows rather what he does? I can now really think how vote banks are made off!

not a iota of misunderstanding there.. about our aam junta voting for the gandhi family, just by the show biz! dance on the bricks,.. topi wala dance,.. eat rot on silver plate in a hut... blah!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

SwamyG wrote:

Too much to lose in this election. I prefer to dhoti shiver, fully aware that things are going on well for Modi+, and on May 15th/16th sip my scotch and eat pakodas watching the takleef on MSM.

Everyday I wake up, I pray there is no bad news...scan the headlines and feel happy.
Sir, you are dhoti-shivering because you *want* seats for BJP/NDA. :-) I understand and respect that (and I do want them to perform good).

I am dhoti-shivering for the sheer joy of seeing the termite family run helter-skelter. Just imagine, was this even possible 6 months ago?

Even if NaMo does not form the government at center., the termite family is totally shattered. There is no aura around them. Their first level of lieutenants are fighting their own battle. Several neo-nizams and neo-nawabs are nibbling at their core. None of the neo-nizam or neo-nawab have a pan indian appeal.

We are witnessing the rise of a Mauryan empire! Dhoti-shivering onlee ...
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I agree onlee. People yearn for a strong and dynamic leader. People like winners, fighters and heroes who beat up the bad guys. Itihasas and puranas (even the movies) exemplify heroes. People like righteous war and destruction of evil. For too long, India has performed below par because of systemic domestic and foreign intervention.

BJP, under the previous set of leaders, did not inspire and neither it gave hope that there will be a strong challenger to Congress. It always came out as a grovelling also ran opposition. Toothless, spineless and at times disgusting was how it presented itself. The vibes that flowed from the top down to the cadres and populace was demoralizing.

Modi stepped up to the plate. He is seen as a man of ideas and hope. He instills pride in people of who they are now, their ancestors and offers opportunities for the future. He covers the past, present and the future. A good leader is not necessarily a good administrator, he rallies the people behind a cause. And able and noble people join the leader performing various tasks. That is precisely who Modi is. He is the lightening rod who will absorb the energy of the enemy, yet standing tall leaving the people to perform their work.

He is the leader mounted on the horse who is just not witnessing the batter from a hillock, but actively engaging the enemy. It can be safely assumed there are more people like Amit behind him. And unfortunately Modi will get the credit for all the team's hard work. But that comes with the territory, because he will get all the crap when things go wrong as well.

If Modi runs the country for 5 years, it will pause the country from hurtling down the cliff. If Modi rules for 10+ years, it will be World changing event. My expectation is that he provides ideas and direction. I have long argued that a country needs a vision, and the people need to take pride in who they are. When people are positive and follow the dharma, all things will slowly fall in place. Be it toilets, clean water, clear air, forests, agriculture, food, health....everything will follow - it is the law of nature.

When a cop feels pride in his job, and receives a reasonable living salary, and does not witness corruption around him - he is likely to not be corrupt himself.

And Modi at the top can set the ball rolling in the right direction. Yes, there is so many things to lose, and I don't mind shivering in my dhoti, jetti and jeans for another 15 days. :rotfl:

I wrote this 5 years ago..... http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 96#p656896
brihaspati: Some time back I had mentioned something about vision and leadership, and you had asked me to elaborate. Here are few words on the subject, consider for what they are worth.

Apart from the CC Model, I like the 'Bhasya Model'. As you know usually in our tradition a concept or idea germinates in rather cryptic or terse language - Sutras perhaps. In the lifetime of the 'sutradara' he/she explains the 'sutras'. After a few years a commentator comes and explains the sutra by expounding on it. He takes it to the next level. After a few more years another commentator comes and elaborates the first commentary. Several commentaries are written on the first sutra and other commentaries. Eventually these commentaries are further explained or elaborate with twists and fun by different outlets - stories from grandmother for example. Essentially it reaches the masses.

In the modern business world, the first Sutra can be called the vision/mision statement. After a group buys into this, these are elaborated eventually materializing into goals of the organization. Departments and employees align their individual goals around the vision/mission.

We can merge the CC and Bhasya Model together. But instead of having one Chankya we can have multiple think-tanks working with similar or different agenda. They create the first Sutra (vision/mission). I will label them as Chankya-1. Next level of Chankyas {Chankya-2} will elaborate the Sutra to the next layer. And so on so forth until it reaches the intended audience. Instead of an hierarchical layer these layers are like concentric circles. Chankya-1 work in the core layer. They are surrounded by other think-tanks. Now each of these concentric layers can have as many Chandraguptas as necessary.

The fun part would is to take this model and incorporate it with some Network model. Where such think-tanks exist through out the countries and are connected to other think-tanks. There are different network topologies. These can be used right from linking rivers or linking ideas across the country. Again we can dip into our tradition. Adi Sankar established the 4 mathas across the country in four key locations. Instead of 4 we will have many.

enough rambling?
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 91#p657891
If the message is conveyed by the right people in right way, masses will be interested. How are psy-ops performed on masses? Or for that matter how did we learn our puranas?

In the neta-babu paradigm who sets the strategy? I don't think it is the Babu. Babus are the Chandraguptas, they facilitate the message from the netas (Chanakyas) in different ways. The Constitution of a country does not become the Strategy of the Country. If we consider a Corporation, the Corporation's company policies are like the constitution of the country. The vision/mission of the Corporation is the Strategy of the Country. And just like each employee has to understand the Vision/Mission and Company policies, citizens have to understand (and value) the Constitution and Strategy.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 36#p681636
Brihaspati ji: I agree. We need strong values - be it we use something straight out of the past, or change it for the current conditions or formulate new ones. Remember I advocated some time back about a national vision/mission - an ideology for people to be attracted and work for and towards? Even my suggestion has a limitation - when the rubber meets the road, the situation under which we all operate matters. One can not go to a telephone technician who is being paid low wages to not succumb to corruption if he can better his family's position - or for that matter satisfy his addictions - say to liquor.

Unlike some folks who jump to conclusions that I and possibly others are against "revolution" I don't oppose any c-word or r-word (a.k.a revolution). My stance is India is a big country, and we need all sorts of attempts to solve corruption. Arguments from some of the folks are of the tone - my way or high way types. I don't know if it is their arrogance or ignorance that makes them mock and ignore all other suggestions.
Even as far as 2008, I have had arguments with Suraj and Stan: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 49#p522649

There is more about national vision that BRFites including moi have talked about in different ways in 'The Lost Decade' :mrgreen: And Modi is a varaprasadam for all of us who lean towards that idea.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Not a fan of this guy. Too compromised and refuses to take a hard line on anything related to the UPA.

Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said, "For many years it has been happening with Doordarshan, I feel we don't want to be embroiled in such controversies for long."

He said the party's core campaign in the last two phases is on to gain a clear majority and it did not want to put energy into side issues like these.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/up ... 29291.html
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

should we totally ignore 2009 poll survey results in our forward thinking with whatever psepholographs we are getting for 2014?
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Our media has become a joke. Now ndtv, ibnlive, and timesnow are all having discussions with the usual suspects like congi guy and a SP guy regarding the snooping scandal. They have prolonged discussions on each and every topic with a bunch of nit wits from cong and some civil society types. That Arnab Guy is probably on the weed that Pros in Bangkok take to work for 3-4 days straight.

I am fed of these national channels. Some of the local ones are a bit rational.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Meanwhile SSC sir kicks ass. Good wit & references to dharmic culture.

https://twitter.com/ChouhanShivraj
Those barons who think power is their birthright one day get axed out. Happy Parshuram Jayanti.
To end terror is our national duty. Modi ji just referred to the obligation of the Indian mandate and they started squirming in Pakistan.
The truth will out. Modi ji never said Dawood is in Pakistan but the guilty mind could not stop spilling the beans itself.
From first hand info, he was a simple and committed worker even several decades back.

IMO, he and Parrikar sir are the future, even as Modi is the present.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

^ Very true. My recent fav is..

ShivrajSingh Chouhan @ChouhanShivraj · Apr 24
Millions thronging the streets of Varanasi. Those who get the certificate from TIME should see what the city of The Timeless is hinting at.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

bhavani wrote:Our media has become a joke. Now ndtv, ibnlive, and timesnow are all having discussions with the usual suspects like congi guy and a SP guy regarding the snooping scandal. They have prolonged discussions on each and every topic with a bunch of nit wits from cong and some civil society types. That Arnab Guy is probably on the weed that Pros in Bangkok take to work for 3-4 days straight.

I am fed of these national channels. Some of the local ones are a bit rational.
Noticed something really weird on Youtube, Congress party is showing Priyanka gandhi's statements given to TimesNow(I think related to daughter issue or something else) channel as advertisement.

Gives credence to @mediacrooks theory that TimesGroup got money to do all this.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

anmol wrote: Gives credence to @mediacrooks theory that TimesGroup got money to do all this.
How dare you? How dare you? How dare you? Never ever Never ever Never ever How dare you? How dare you? How dare you? Never ever Never ever Never ever How dare you? How dare you? How dare you? Never ever Never ever Never ever How dare you? How dare you? How dare you? Never ever Never ever Never ever.

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Chouhan's tweets are blistering! Great to see a politician with such incisive words. He definitely is a man for the future!

Another great tweet of his
He is taking on against so many Maharathis. Will not be an Abhimanyu repeat this time. Bharat has learnt from Mahabharat.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^it is stupidity at helm.. i want to know the viewership data for such dookies
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Half the viewers are from the Forum!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

]If Modi runs the country for 5 years, it will pause the country from hurtling down the cliff. If Modi rules for 10+ years, it will be World changing event. My expectation is that he provides ideas and direction. I have long argued that a country needs a vision, and the people need to take pride in who they are. When people are positive and follow the dharma, all things will slowly fall in place. Be it toilets, clean water, clear air, forests, agriculture, food, health....everything will follow - it is the law of nature
15 years of Modi = recovery of half millennium loss of Yesterdins.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Today (Friday) is Akshay tritya day, very auspicious day in Hindu calender. At a Hindu temple here murthy sthapana of Lalita Mata was done. A puja and archana was done by the local Panditji for Sri Narendra Modi's win. Panditji also told me based on the birth star, date and month (sept 17th), Modiji's Shani dosham has ended and he will sail thru.
I request Forum members to do archana in the next two weeks for Narendra Modi if possible. His Nakshtra (Star) is Anuradha.
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

SwamyG wrote:And unfortunately Modi will get the credit for all the team's hard work.
Who am I to question SwamyG but then I will

Modi will get the credit
Its always the norm, The legs take you there, the hands finish the work but the Head, a weight on the shoulders will get credit because something good got done.

Head is to direct not do.
Peter Drucker wrote: Leaders should be marketers. This surprising lesson really means that leaders should be focused on the customer, and be concerned about how customers view the organization and its products or services. The leader must set the tone for how the organization is viewed, and be its best representative.
Peter Drucker in the above note said, Leaders are just Marketers not doers. Also Drucker Said many a time
"A good manager is one who can get work done by delegation and not doing it."
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

Anantha wrote:Today (Friday) is Akshay tritya day, very auspicious day in Hindu calender. At a Hindu temple here murthy sthapana of Lalita Mata was done. A puja and archana was done by the local Panditji for Sri Narendra Modi's win. Panditji also told me based on the birth star, date and month (sept 17th), Modiji's Shani dosham has ended and he will sail thru.
Awesome. BTW, are you in KL ?
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

Anantha saar ji
Narendra modi date of birth (date only) is 17 that is 8

Ruling Planet for 8 is Shani Saturn.
His Nakshtra is Anuradha whose governing Planet is Shani

http://www.sanatansociety.org/vedic_ast ... logy_8.htm
Worker will revolutionize society and manifest through fame and fortune
http://www.drikpanchang.com/tutorials/n ... hatra.html
Others - Anuradha is symbolized by a lotus flower, reflecting the ability to blossom in any life situation. Anuradha has a deva temperament with the primary motivation of dharma or right action. The ruling planet Shani gives tenacity and discipline when needed. Anuradha contains three stars in the body of the Scorpion including Alpha Centauri, the closest star to our solar system.
Brihaspathi Ji can talk more on celestial terms ( who am I :wink: )
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

people are usually scared of anything to do with Shani....but it is a powerful planet like Brihaspati, and those who find favour from its Saturnine grace will wield great power and cannot be defeated.

and neither are they the types to forgive or forget. :twisted: we need that in a Indic PM :evil:
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

NaMo will be 'Shani' to the dynasty onlee.....
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Anantha wrote: I request Forum members to do archana in the next two weeks for Narendra Modi if possible. His Nakshtra (Star) is Anuradha.
Interesting....I cannot believe I am joining a conversation on jyothisam....anways Anuradha (anusham ) is one of the mahanakstram.
vineetmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vineetmehta »

anmol wrote:
pankajs wrote:As it is not directly linked to Modi or BJP folks can risk it but do not connect it with BRF either.
saar, please see Tejendir Ji's profile (Modi Ji's picture with Bhagwa color all over). :lol:
I know Tajinder well. He heads Bhagat Singh Sena. He is camping in Varanasi for Modi.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

does anyone have the photo of Namo sitting on the river bank in rishikesh?

if he wins thats going to be a iconic poster.

nobody in the world gets 140 books written on him before ascending to the supreme commander post. even toys ...
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

KLP Dubey wrote:
Anantha wrote:Today (Friday) is Akshay tritya day, very auspicious day in Hindu calender. At a Hindu temple here murthy sthapana of Lalita Mata was done. A puja and archana was done by the local Panditji for Sri Narendra Modi's win. Panditji also told me based on the birth star, date and month (sept 17th), Modiji's Shani dosham has ended and he will sail thru.
Awesome. BTW, are you in KL ?
I am in north carolina
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Singha wrote:does anyone have the photo of Namo sitting on the river bank in rishikesh?

if he wins thats going to be a iconic poster.

nobody in the world gets 140 books written on him before ascending to the supreme commander post. even toys ...
I have that picture. was it not posted here?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 1m

We have witnessed the horrors of Emergency when freedom of press & freedom of expression were suppressed. It is a blot on our democracy.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 2m

On days such as this, I feel very sad to see our National TV channel struggling to maintain its professional freedom.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 5m

Greetings to journalist friends on World Press Freedom Day. Free press is a democracy's cornerstone & must be preserved in letter & spirit.

:mrgreen:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

That rubs it in for the presstitutes!!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Forum is missing some thing. If UPA is stuck at 105 how is it NDA is hard pressed to go over 262?

I think the 2009 polls burned many optimists and made them pessimists even though evidence by way of rally attendence, EC malfeasance, PMO files buring all are there to see.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Arun Jaitely never takes any risk and has never worked for his party. He just stands next to the winner and declares himself join winner.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

KLP Dubey wrote:
krishnan wrote:is that a tri colored umbrella ???
Yes. Watch the video on Youtube. It's pretty dramatic. Hard-hitting speech by NaMo. Venkayya looks in an aggressive mood too.
Could you provide a link please? Thanks.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:That rubs it in for the presstitutes!!!
Et Tu :(( Calling media persons as presstitutes!!!

Actually prostitutes are more honorable. We should call them #mediapimps and the assorted NGOs as 5-Star NGOs
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

How come Modi missed(In the case of MSM we all know why) this development?
CBI clueless: Italian judge ratifies plea-bargaining for Agustawestland middleman

In a major development in the Agustawestland investigations in Italy, it has now been confirmed that an Italian judge has approved plea-bargaining between middleman Guido Ralph Haschke and Italian prosecutors. This makes Haschke an approver in the case, who will be co-operating with investigations. It is the first sentence handed down in the AgustaWestland scandal that has rocked the Indian government, imprisoned Italian businessmen and raised questions in the United Kingdom about how and who negotiated and concluded the deal.

India’s Central Board of Investigation (CBI) said it was not aware of this development in Italy on April 14th, 2014. “I have not heard from official channels – and in any case it has nothing to do with us,” Ranjit Sinha, Director CBI told The News Minute (TNM) over the telephone on Friday. “It is a matter between the government of Italy and one of their citizens – if necessary we will implead ourselves in the case,” India’s top sleuth added.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/stories/CB ... 2SBX3Izc3-
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:Forum is missing some thing. If UPA is stuck at 105 how is it NDA is hard pressed to go over 262?

I think the 2009 polls burned many optimists and made them pessimists even though evidence by way of rally attendence, EC malfeasance, PMO files buring all are there to see.
Precisely.

For example, talking about muslims voting for BJP is heresy here. At the same time, my pisko foray into certain muslim communities (near meerut) revealed something interesting

a. Large number of muslim voters were sitting out (also seen in Mah.)
b. Anecdotally, only 50% of muslims voters dragged themselves to the booth
c. Anecdotally, almost 12% actually voted for NaMo! Indicating 24% (or quarter) of x-votes from entire muslim voter base into BJP kitty.

Of course this is a limited data set, but analysis like this is missed. And I am not talking about Guj. where Muslims have been voting for BJP in last 2 assembly elections in larger numbers, I am talking about UP!

So if UPA is stuck at 105 and the non-nda regional parties (AIADMK/BJD/BSP/TMC/SP/JD(U)/JD(S)/Left) are going to get 140 (:rotfl:) and if NDA is hard-pressed at 262., where is the rest of 40 seats going?

NDA getting stuck and limited to 260 is a pessimistic scenario. But then people do not brave rain and go and vote for UPeeA.

NaMo himself said that CongI on its own will be hardpressed to cross double digit seats in any state of India incl. Mah. Either he was being carried away (highly unlikely) or he senses, feels and knows the wave and hence the results.

NDA is 300+ onleee. If do not believe me, talk to the person who braved rain and thunder and chanted Modi-Modi - not from his homestate but from a state in the south.