Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 21 Apr

Post by anupmisra »

partha wrote:Protest because visa was denied? Indian visa is not a Pakistani right. And Indian officials should quit being apologetic about it. Stop using words like "regretfully", "unfortunately". India doesn't have to answer Pakistan.
Its the "bhai-chara-bechara" effect. After all, the pakis are our long lost brothers.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Do you know why bakistan is unable to prosper? Hain?

Its because of some people who are afraid of Pakistan's take-off (like raakit mards).
People are afraid of Pakistan’s take-off and also of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif delivering
The minister claimed that the they had done the work of 12 years in 10 months
Ali further remarked that load-shedding had decreased from 16-hours a day last year to just eight hours per day
:roll:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Bakis celebrate: "WE are not Number 1". Where journalists fear to tread. WooHoo!
Such is the life of journalists in Pakistan
We have been silenced
“Reporters without Borders” earlier this year, termed Pakistan “long the world’s deadliest country for media personnel
The report ranked Pakistan at the 158th position out of 180 countries.
Another loyal and useful Yindoo, who speaketh words of praise for al-bakistan:
On behalf of human rights we think that commissions should be set up to train the media to be more responsible, but journalists cannot be choked into silence due to fear of death,” says Amarnath Motumal, ex-vice chairperson Sindh, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP). Motumal praised the media as being increasingly aware about human rights issues. “Pakistani media is showing remarkable courage at this difficult time.”
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Is this a cover up of the outbreak of a dangerous disease like Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever which has seen past out breaks in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, at a time when the WHO is debating travel curbs being imposed on the Islamic Republic for its failure to tackle polio?

Bajaur Agency: Tribesmen report 10 deaths from ‘mystery disease’
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

anupmisra wrote:
partha wrote:Protest because visa was denied? Indian visa is not a Pakistani right. And Indian officials should quit being apologetic about it. Stop using words like "regretfully", "unfortunately". India doesn't have to answer Pakistan.
Its the "bhai-chara-bechara" effect. After all, the pakis are our long lost brothers.
They are being protected from getting corrupted in kaffir land.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/national/0 ... ays-sartaj
Pakistan ready to work with Modi, says Sartaj
one headed by Narendra Modi, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s advisor on security and foreign affairs Sartaj Aziz told Hindustan Times. “We are ready to do business with any leader, including Modi,’’ Aziz said in a telephone interview from London.Backing his statement that indicated Pakistan’s willingness to work with Modi, Aziz emphasised that the last time there was any real progress between the two neighbours was ‘under a BJP-led government with Vajpayee as PM’.Vajpayee, in 1999, had undertaken a bus journey across the Wagah border to Lahore when Nawaz Sharif was the prime minister of Pakistan. The two had signed the Lahore declaration in which both countries committed themselves to ‘intensify their efforts to resolve all issues, including the issue of Jammu and Kashmir’. In the declaration, both also agreed to confidence-building measures in the nuclear and conventional military fields.Reiterating his government’s desire for normalising ties with India, Aziz said, “Peace with India was Nawaz Sharif’s poll plank and he launched his peace mission immediately after becoming prime minister. In fact, he told me that he was taking up peace as a poll issue so it will help him once he comes to power. We had a good start with Manmohan Singh and now look forward to restarting the dialogue once a new government is in place in Delhi.”
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Now, why did HT call up Sartaj Aziz? I guess the question was - "How does Pakistan feel about Modi coming to power?". I guess HT was hoping for some controversial noise like "Pakistan is concerned about future of Indian Muslims".
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Johann wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: For some Indians like myself there are deeper civilizational concerns with the idea underlying Pakistan (and no, it is not the two-nation theory as usually understood), but for India as a whole, if there is some way Pakistan can be made to stop attacking India, in perpetuity, then they would be happy to ignore Pakistan.

I have come to the conclusion, after decades of thought and wishing for a merger-of-the-hearts with Pakistan, (!) that (a) this cessation of hostilities will never happen from the Pakistani side and (b) attempt to focus on achieving this cessation without looking at the deeper civilizational contradictions between Pakistan (not Islam as such) and India will only lead to a growing encroachment of what this forum calls pakiness, as well as Pakistanis, into India, and the eventual obliteration of India.
And this is perhaps where we really disagree - my own view is the power of what you call 'Pakiness' is a passing phenomenon, and that it is dying of its own contradictions within its nuclear defended shell. I certainly don't see it capable of obliterating a far healthier body like the Indian republic. India may be less extreme than Pakistan, but its stronger and healthier. I'm not sure there is sufficient cause for such an extreme degree of pessimism whether you take the long view or the short one.
Oh, it's not that pakiness is powerful in the way a good idea is powerful; it is that, unopposed, it will erode the non-paki variety of Indianness (the traits that make India work) and end up obliterating it, in much the same way that good money drives out bad.

But the key element in [the negative, hopeless ] picture is under attack, and has been ceding space, one reluctant step at a time.

I'm referring to the military's domination not just through direct rule, but through a veto on policy, and through its ability to use coercion to shut down public debate if momentum really starts to build up.

Pakistan last year had its *first* transition from one civilian government to another. I don't think its an accident that Geo is challenging the ISI this year, and Nawaz is on course for the first time to convict a former COAS in the courts.

These are historical events because it is the military that has through patronage nursed an ideological anti-Indian lobby and a India-centric national security narrative.

Yet even the Nawaz they helped groom now has a priority to establish trade relations with India. Why? Because in a more democratic environment if he cant keep the bijli on, and the price of potatoes down, he's out of power. In the past a government that could not assume that it would complete full term because of some kind of military orchestrated removal had no incentive other than to line their pockets and ignore governance. Plus with more freedom to shape policy trade with India offers profit.

I think Indian policy under both Vajpayee and MMS has played a key role in aiding the civilians gradually claw back power from the military. Its an ongoing struggle, and the fruits will come in the future.
If you would, please elaborate on how exactly you think Vajpayee and MMS have "aided the civilians in pakistan".

Not that I think it makes any difference, I am just curious. Unlike you, I am not impressed by the internal civil-military goings-on of Pakistan, or the elections etc. I think I have made this plain in every post in this conversation. As a society, they haven't shown that they have the depth or the humility to change their moral core. I have said enough in support of that assertion in my previous post. I might take another look at my conclusion if I see them do even one of the following seriously:

* fix the hate they preach in their schools
* do something to defend shias (forget about ahmedis, christians and Hindus)
* get rid of the provision in their constitution that restrict high office only to Muslims
* arrest and hand over dawood ibrahim

I confess it is hard for me to understand how anyone who has paid attention to the sociopolitics of the region can fail to see the moral squalor and hopelessness that is at the core of nazariya-e-pakistan, and, inasmuch as it is a human condition, not fear that it would be contagious.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 04 May 2014 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

anupmisra wrote:
pakistan is a victim of terrorism, and India should stop harping on 26/11.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

In recent days - reading all those links that point out clearly that the Pakistani "civilian government+army" combine is not going to be allowed to fail by the free infusion of funds suggests that a new and interesting dynamic is being forced on Pakistan.

If you recall, just a few years ago on this forum we used to discuss how there were no "variants" of Islam. Islam was Islam. One and the same. No differences. No variants. Pakistanis too would say that IIRC. What is happening now is that the Pakistani civilian establishment and the STFUParmy are having to swallow the idea that at least in Sunni Islam there are two variants. One is the "extreme" version being pushed by the Taliban and the "moderate version" being pushed by the Pakistani army and establishment. the latter are getting paid to support a "version" of Islam thatthe Taliban do not agree with.

Interesting times ahead. The country set up in the name of Islam is now defining exactly how Islam should be, and is being paid by the west to do that. :rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shiv, this is only natural. There IS a Moderate Secular Islamic Terrorist, and the Pakistan Army defines that.

Scotch-drinking terrorist who pets a dog hoping for petting from his own masters == Moderate Secular Islamic terrorist
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

JuD/LeT rally in Lawhore in support of Pakistan Army

Hafiz Saeed has been invited to be the guest of honor by Lahore High Court Bar Association

http://www.nation.com.pk/lahore/03-May- ... afiz-saeed
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Anujan wrote:JuD/LeT rally in Lawhore in support of Pakistan Army

Hafiz Saeed has been invited to be the guest of honor by Lahore High Court Bar Association

http://www.nation.com.pk/lahore/03-May- ... afiz-saeed
Looks like Hafiz oinkoink Saeed is just like the "mujahids" who fought Kargil. they were sarkari soldiers pretending to be "non state" actors.

Hafiz Saeed is clearly a state actor. He has state support and he says things that the state likes. Since the US supports the state I wonder if the US should not like what he says.

Interesting to read between the lines of his speech - its an indicator of what the "Paki state" - Pakjabis+Army are thinking or are concerned about.
LAHORE - Strongly criticising the US and India, Jamatud Dawa Ameer Hafiz Muhammad Saeed said the countries are creating unrest in Pakistan. “Ideology of Pakistan is the only source of peace,” (Point 1: I support the state) he said.
Hafiz Saeed expressed these views while addressing a gathering of lawyers at the Lahore High Court Bar Association here on Friday. He further said that it was a high time to implement “Ideology of Pakistan” to bring peace in the country. He urged that all segments of society should come forward to save the country from increasing terrorism(Point 2: Hafiz saeed is worried about terrorism in Pakistan). He said that the government should take Indian conspiracies as serious (bogey irrelevant point)and focus on development in the county, so that the impression of deprivation could be eliminated (Point 3: There is a feeling opf deprivation in Pakistan - which we rarely se in the news posted on this thread ). He said the situation would have been different in Balochistan if the government had taken serious steps to uplift the province.(Point 4: If my aunt had a d*k etc. Baluchistan really is a problem)
Hafiz claimed that the US and India were responsible for hatching conspiracies in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as well as the overall situation of unrest in the country(Point 5: Oh - the rest of the country is also a worry, it seems). He stated that the US and its allies had made Pakistan a battlefield after facing defeat in Afghanistan. He said that Raymond Davis was arrested from Lahore but scores of CIA contractors were roaming across Pakistan (bogey point. Irrelevant).
Saeed also dispelled the impression that he was against trade with India (Point 6: interesting- what do you make of this Sridhar?). However, he welcomed the statement of Pakistan Army Chief Gen Raheel Shareef that Kashmir is ‘jugular vein’ of Pakistan. He requested Gen Sharif to comply with the orders of Quaid-i-Azam, the Founding Father of Pakistan, about sending Pak Army to Kashmir, earlier defied by then army chief when India had occupied the Kasmir.
LHCBA president Shafqat Mahmood Chohan said that the present situation of the country needed peace and unity. He said that implementation of laws and supremacy of the constitution could make the country prosperous. He demanded the government to sensitise international forums by pleading the case of Kashmir forcefully. A number of lawyers were also present on the occasion.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^^mfn may be on its way
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From NightWatch for the night of May 4, 2014
India-Pakistan: India's Minister of External Affairs denounced recent remarks about Kashmir by Pakistan's Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif.

Sharif described Kashmir as Pakistan's "jugular vein" and called for its status to be determined by the UN and the Kashmiri people. He made the remarks on 30 April, Martyrs' Day, which is supposed to honor soldiers who died in Pakistan's wars with India. Sharif paid tribute to Kashmiris who died in their so-called freedom struggle.

External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid today said Sharif talked about Kashmir in "a manner which is unwholesome and unacceptable". He said the "tone and tenor of the speeches" that have been made are "completely and totally unacceptable" to India.

"I think that these are matters that, frankly, it is not for me to advise them on but are best left to bilateral discussions between civilian authorities. This is not the realm of the armed forces to be discussing publicly," he said.

"We acknowledge that and we associate ourselves with the commonly held position: the common position in our country that Kashmir is an integral part of our country, it is part of the idea of India, and there can be no remotest way in which we will accept any attempt to qualify that or to put a question mark on that. That should be categorically clear."

Khurshid said the Pakistan armed forces should focus on combating terrorism.

Comment: Martyrs' Day was the first time in his five months as army chief that Sharif spoke publicly about Kashmir. It also was the first time that he used the term "jugular vein" to describe Kashmir, though the term is not unique to him.

Sharif is emerging as very different from his suave, Westernized predecessor, General Kayani. He seems closer in style to General Zia ul Haq. He engineered the third period of martial law in Pakistan and was responsible for the "Islamicization" of the Pakistan government. Sharif has been provocative in his remarks about civilian government, Pakistani media and about Kashmir.

Sharif's emerging bellicosity is coinciding with the looming electoral victory of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the Hindu nationalists. The results of the elections will be announced on 16 May. Some BJP politicians already have talked about adopting a more assertive policy towards Pakistan when the BJP returns to office. Many India analysts predict the incumbent Congress Party will experience its worst electoral defeat since independence.

The Indian Constitution describes the state of Jammu and Kashmir as integral to India. Its status is not negotiable for India and Pakistani leaders know this. General Sharif is invoking patriotism to rebuild public support for the Pakistan Army and himself.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Funny, I don't recall anyone on BRF even bothering to do a profile on Raheel or trying to figure out his perspective on India, etc... as we did up until Kayani. No one gave a crap. Unless it's in here somewhere and I missed it.

Times have changed.
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-na ... an-1985130

Nato containers attacked. Two dead.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Pakistan blocking deportation of IM financer
India is staring down a long and arduous legal process to extradite alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) financer Abdul Wahid Siddibappa from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with Islamabad claiming him to be a Pakistani national, counter-terror sources told HT.

“Pakistan is creating hurdles in the extradition of Siddibappa who is not only a cousin of jailed top IM operative Ahmad Siddibappa alias Yasin Bhatkal but is also believed to be brother-in-law of Riyaz Bhatkal, another key IM operative now based in Pakistan. Islamabad is trying to portray Wahid as a Pak national to stop his extradition to India,” said a counter-terror official requesting anonymity.

Wahid, 32, was arrested in Abu Dhabi in January this year. But rather than being deported like fellow IM suspect Faizan Azmi from Sharjah on Friday, the Abu Dhabi authorities decided to formally arrest him setting in motion a long legal process of extradition.

“The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has sent a formal request for his extradition with all the evidence about his Indian nationality. But it seems that with one after another terror suspects being deported to India, especially from Saudi Arabia and UAE, Pakistan has decided to make things difficult for India as far as Wahid’s case is concerned,” said the official.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

iftikharahmad @jawabdeyh

Finally We got banned from travelling abroad without a Polio Certificate!! Way to go Pakistan!! Congrats, kill more Polio workers!!!
:rotfl:
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

James B wrote:
iftikharahmad @jawabdeyh

Finally We got banned from travelling abroad without a Polio Certificate!! Way to go Pakistan!! Congrats, kill more Polio workers!!!
:rotfl:
Well, there's a double whammy here. A paki passport and a no-polio-certificate. Either one can get you off-loaded. Both will....well, you get the drift.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

The question is - who will be the issuing authority for the polio-certificate?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

this was RT'ed by Tarek Fatah. psyche of ahmediyas. pretty interesting.
http://t.co/MvFUf26lQZ
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... z30s82Hnox
Paki Becoming Famous Butt to Beat
The Americans' recap: KGB targets Pakistani spymasters
The KGB regards Javid (Mahadeo Shivraj), Pakistan’s No. 1 intelligence official, as incorruptible. But Yousaf (Rahul Khanna), the deputy chief, embraces Western values and has an eye for pretty blonds.So the strategy is clear: Assassinate Javid and seduce Yousaf.Rather than “pimp out” his wife for this delicate assignment, Philip recruits sexy Annelise (Gillian Alexy), who thinks she’s helping a Swedish spy.“Swedish intelligence needs you,” Philip insists. “Dangerous things are happening in Pakistan -- things that could threaten all of Europe.”Elizabeth, meanwhile, swims laps with Javid in the hotel pool. Suddenly she puts the spy chief in a choke hold and administers a lethal drug that mimics a heart attack.Missions accomplished!
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

WHO recommends travel restrictions on Pakistan to prevent spread of polio
The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Monday recommended that travel restrictions be placed on Pakistan, Cameroon and Syria for being the only three countries that are currently exporting wild poliovirus, Express News reported.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Sever Pak ties : Ajmer shrine head

JAIPUR/AJMER : The dewan of Ajmer dargah on Monday asked the Union government to snap ties with Pakistan over its army chief Raheel Sharif's statement describing Kashmir as 'jugular vein' of his country.

Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan while addressing heads of various shrines in Mehfil Khana expressed disappointment at Indian government's poor response to the remark.

"Such nonsense statements issued on a routine by Pakistan's politicians, diplomats and sometimes by their non-state actors should be reciprocated in similar manner. Kashmir is an integral part of India. It is highly uncalled for them to peek into our internal affairs at a time when they are struggling to control sectarian violence in their own land," Khan said. He demands a paradigm shift in Indian foreign policy especially towards Pakistan.

Islam preaches cordial relations with neighbours and Pakistan being an Islamic republic has never put this tenet in practice, he said adding that Pakistan's interference in our affairs gives them an opportunity to build a popular stereotype for Muslims here.

He also talked about terrorism and communal conflicts in the country and advised the upcoming government that every political party should come on a single stage on these issues. They should demand the ban of every sort of relations with Pakistan, he said.

Khan raised the issue of Muslim killings in Assam by Bodo terrorists as an apparent attempt to kindle sectarian violence in the north-east region. The heads of shrines unanimously condemned the killings and called for an action plan to ensure that violence ends and people who fled their homes may return.

"The fresh killings are an outcome of some political leaders fanning religious sentiments. These killings took place in the midst of Lok Sabha polls and Election Commission should investigate if these are fanned due to political reasons?" Khan said.

He also urged Muslims to rally behind the new government at the centre and participate in every nation-building activity. "Community is lagging behind in all social and economical parameters. Time has come that we should set short term goals including focus on educating our new generation," Khan said.

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Peregrine wrote: WHO recommends travel restrictions on Pakistan to prevent spread of polio
The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Monday recommended that travel restrictions be placed on Pakistan, Cameroon and Syria for being the only three countries that are currently exporting wild poliovirus, Express News reported.
Cheers Image
The above statement does not make complete sense. I mean I get the gist but....Is there a travel ban "to Pakistan" or ban on "Pakistanis traveling outside their benighted land"?
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

anupji, restrictions on Pakistanis traveling outside.
Last edited by partha on 06 May 2014 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://tribune.com.pk/story/704712/emba ... vel-curbs/
Embarrassment: Pakistan faces global travel curbs
oh so this is embarrassment. Pakistan should take some inspiration from its previous PM Gilani in how to deal with such embarrassing situations - blame the whole world for polio in Pakistan or just blame the polio virus that's even better.
According to the statement, the governments of these three countries shall ensure that all residents and long-term visitors (even foreigners) visiting for more than four weeks should receive a dose of the OPV or inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) between four weeks and 12 months prior to international travel.

The heads of state should officially declare that the interruption of poliovirus transmission is a national public health emergency.

The government must also ensure that individuals undertaking urgent travel (within four weeks) who have not received a dose of OPV or IPV in the previous four weeks to 12 months, receive a dose of the polio vaccine at least by the time of departure.

It must also ensure that such travellers are provided with an ‘International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis’ to record their polio vaccination and serve as proof.
ok, looks serious. I am sure Pakistani officials are handling this emergency on a war footing to ensure all Pakistani travelers get vaccination. Let's read on.
“Currently, Pakistan has no plan to facilitate polio vaccinations for those travelling or any details about locations where certificates can be obtained. Therefore, it is too early to talk about it,” National Manager of the Expanded Programme on Immunisation (EPI) Dr Ejaz Khan said.
8)

I think polio can only be eradicated if world bank funds Diamer Bhasha dam. US should also do its part by giving 20 more F-16s to Pakistan military so that it can fight polio.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Expect Pakis to pick up on this idea. They will slowly start making this demand. First step is of course more people to people contact through liberal visa regime. They are working on it.
jash_p
BRFite

Post by jash_p »

I think polio can only be eradicated if world bank funds Diamer Bhasha dam. US should also do its part by giving 20 more F-16s to Pakistan military so that it can fight polio.
you are forgetting nuclear deal like India got.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

jash_p wrote:
I think polio can only be eradicated if world bank funds Diamer Bhasha dam. US should also do its part by giving 20 more F-16s to Pakistan military so that it can fight polio.you are forgetting nuclear deal like India got.
Late Edward Taylor figured out all the troubling problems in the world can be solved by Hydorgen Bomb. I am cocksure Polio was one of them.Naa Rahe Baan Na Baje Bansuri.
Last edited by Prem on 06 May 2014 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

partha wrote:Image

Expect Pakis to pick up on this idea. They will slowly start making this demand. First step is of course more people to people contact through liberal visa regime. They are working on it.
Does @svaradarajan have a work permit?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

partha wrote:http://tribune.com.pk/story/704712/emba ... vel-curbs/

Please don't misunderestimate the value of F-16s. There has been no case of polio among F-16s. Ever. What could be a better tool than F-16s to fight polio? Almost as good as submarines to fight the Taliban.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

I have a better solution

Eradicate Pakistan to eradicate polio
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Mahendra wrote:I have a better solution

Eradicate Pakistan to eradicate polio
Dont get over-excited. This polio scare is only a yahud-hanud conspiracy to make male pakisttttanis impotent and prevent females from being successful by getting a candian visa. They have overcome more without the F16s in their 2000 year history.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan army wants dialogue with India with all options open : Book
WASHINGTON: As part of change in its strategy, a major section of Pakistan's army wants to give dialogue with India a chance, but wants to retain all other options including sub-conventional warfare, according to a new book.
This is a TRAP. The Indian “Aman Ki Asha, Liberals etc.” will fall for it immediately – if not earlier. As such India needs to make its Visa availability rules even more stringent to ensure that we keep the Inhabitants of the Land of the Pure and Home of the Terrorists to stay in their own country and get killed by its Non-State Actors and various diseases including but not limited to Polio.
"Despite disagreement on the best way to proceed, there is a consensus that protecting the national interest on Kashmir will require negotiating from a position of strength that can be achieved only by putting Pakistan's internal house in order," the author said.
There, you have it. I trust that the Indian Authorities will not aid the ENEMY to get stronger to enable it to "Enslave India".
Cheers Image
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

Can someone find an English version of Hamid Mir's column in Jung dated 5/5/2014 ? I understand it has some interesting revelations.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

This is funny on so many levels :lol:
Myra MacDonald @myraemacdonald

This is quite staggering. #Pakistan setting up police posts at all entry points to #Punjab to keep out #polio

http://www.dawn.com/news/1104560/travel ... rtificates
From the article
Travelers to Punjab to show polio vaccination certificates - Pakistan

LAHORE: People traveling to Punjab from other provinces of Pakistan will now have to present polio vaccination certificates. :rotfl:

Health Adviser to Punjab Chief Minister Khwaja Salman Rafique told DawnNews on Tuesday that, after polio cases recently surfaced in Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, there was a risk of the crippling virus traveling into Punjab.

Rafique said that polio vaccination counters would be set up at all airports in Punjab within the next two days. He said that those who refuse to be administered polio drops will not be allowed to enter the province without showing polio vaccination certificates.

Polio vaccination teams aided by the police will be posted at 41 entry points from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to Punjab and all entrances from Sindh at the border in Rahim Yar Khan.

All children entering the province will be administered polio drops if they do not show vaccination certificates.

The Punjab government's decision comes a day after the World Health Organisation imposed strict travel restrictions on Pakistan, Syria and Cameroon, warning that the crippling disease has re-emerged as a public health emergency.

The virus currently affects 10 countries worldwide and is endemic in three countries including Pakistan.

Earlier today, the federal health ministry announced that it was setting up mandatory polio immunisation points at all international airports in the country in response to the WHO’s recommendations.

“Special measures will include establishing mandatory immunisation counters on all airports, border crossings and seaports for all travellers,” said ministry spokesman Sajid Ali Shah.

Meanwhile, former president and Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari expressed concern over the travel restrictions and requested the WHO to review its decision.

“The imposition of travel ban will only increase Pakistan’s isolation and not advance the global fight against polio,” said Zardari in a statement today.

The former president called upon the authorities in the federal and provincial governments to step up efforts to contain the spread of polio, and to use an iron fist against militants opposing polio vaccinations.

The polio spread has been caused in no small measure by the armed opposition to it by bigots, he said.

“The travel ban resulting in increasing our isolation should serve to remind everyone that the policy of appeasing militants will cost the country dearly,” he said.

“Militants opposing polio vaccination want to incapacitate the future generations and we owe it to our children to root out the extremists and militants before it is too late,” he urged.

According to the WHO, Pakistan recorded 91 cases of polio last year, up from 58 in 2012. It has also recorded 59 of the world's 74 cases this year.

The disease has re-emerged in Pakistan because the Taliban and other militants violently oppose inoculation campaigns and because of public fears that the vaccine leads to infertility.

Militants see the polio campaign as a cover for foreign spying and regularly attack immunisation teams, killing some 56 people since December 2012.

Their opposition had increased since a Pakistani doctor Dr Shakil Afridi helped track down terror chief Osama bin Laden in 2011 using a fake vaccine project.

Last month officials announced they would begin administering polio drops to children at security checkpoints in the country's lawless tribal belt.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Rajiv Lather wrote:Can someone find an English version of Hamid Mir's column in Jung dated 5/5/2014 ? I understand it has some interesting revelations.
Rajiv Lather Ji :

Here is the Link to the Article in Urdu :

Kya Main Ghadar Hoo ? By Hamid Mir

Now we need "Someone" to translate into English.

Cheers Image