Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by svenkat »

johneeGji,
only positive things to be said here.Your links can elaborate.But only nice things here.nothing negative about US here.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

TSJones wrote: First of all good Doctor, let me apologize for inspiring *anybody* to attack you. I did not realize my innate qualities of leadership, devotion to a righteous cause, and noblesse oblige caused others to don the vest with a dead man switch. Or perhaps my Osamma bin Laden qualities are due to my puppy like charm. :)
TSJ please don't claim credit where none is due. The only thing you have done here is to use the handle TSJones and write posts that generally sound like you might really be American. Anyone who reads your posts consistently might believe that you are a white American male, although there is no proof that this is correct.

But that is where it gets interesting to me.

At least one person on this board assumed that you really are a white American male who might be misled into imagining that I (and a few others on this forum) represented all or most Indians. That person seemed to get really worked up at the thought and felt he was doing his adopted country America, and India-America relations a favour by making a personal attack on me using my name, while he made an explanatory post to you warning you about the type of people who post on this forum. Credit only goes to you for posting on this forum with a possibly American name. No more than that.

The vicious attack appeared to be heartfelt, accompanied by very real heart wrenching embarrassment at the statements made by Indians such as myself . I was tickled by the need for such a post to be made at all. Surely you are mature enough to judge members of this forum and you can surely judge for yourself what we are saying. But here we have an Indian American almost apologetically advising you while virtually shooing away the ignorant mangy protein starved Indian dog that I seem to represent. The post was too delicious to ignore. Here is an Indian who feels for America. He feels enough for America to come out fighting critics of America on an internet forum.

I wonder, what has America done to buy his loyalty? Money? Self esteem? Maybe that and more. Everything that India could not give him. Clearly he is upset by any anyone who does not display similar loyalty to the fair land of the free white man. But then he goes on to state that anyone who does not display the allegiance to America that he has displayed in stoutly defending the nation is a result of "sour grapes" in being unsuccessful in reaching America as he has done. Everyone must aspire to get to America, he assumes, just as he surely did while he was in the queue outside an American embassy in India. Every Indian outside America must be jealous as he possibly was of those who went ahead of him.

I find that amusing. First, he declares you an American who needs advice and protection. Over and above that he judges that critics of America have all stood in queues outside American embassies in India and failed to reach America (as he has done) and are jealous. I still haven't figured out how this complex extrapolation was achieved to reach such conclusions. Most doctors I know would not jump to such laughable conclusions. But I don't know every doctor in America. There may be some who are able to reach such ludicrous conclusions in all seriousness.

The most obvious conclusion for me is that the man is ready to aggressively bluff and curse his way through as long as he can be considered a good and loyal American. But tell me this (if you really are American). is it necessary for immigrant Americans to bluff and praise America and curse Indian critics all the time to be accepted as a truly American? Or is this simply a problem that some coloured immigrants have in their efforts to be accepted as equal in America? Are these the conditions that America imposes on its coloured immigrants? To me it seems that way.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

But tell me this (if you really are American). is it necessary for immigrant Americans to bluff and praise America and curse Indian critics all the time to be accepted as a truly American? Or is this simply a problem that some coloured immigrants have in their efforts to be accepted as equal in America? Are these the conditions that America imposes on its coloured immigrants? To me it seems that way.
I will tell you this, some immigrants are America's fiercest defenders. It does not depend on race, religion or color of their skin.

Although I am not qualified to presume to know what Sanjay is motivated by or even the source of his feelings, I think he was personally affronted by your assertions about America and felt they were out of bounds. But that is being presumptuous on my part.

And BTW, what's this tack of questioning whether I am American? Personally I don't dig this fondness for avatars that some of the posters do here. Beneath my dignity as it were, :D
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

... To understanding us thread ...
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 05 May 2014 00:19, edited 2 times in total.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Dear Contributors:

I am obligated to ask the moderators to cleanup the evangelism and abuse, including this post. Please do not derail this thread.

1. There are a hundred places for your evangelism here and elsewhere. For example: here or here, or even here. The only purpose of posting non-positive news here is to derail this discussion.

2. You do not understand the purpose of these posts. Please spare us of your knowledge, and success. How thin is your skin that posting a few google links makes you think of "your society" as the "great satan"?

3. If anyone ever benefits from this waste of time, it is TSJones's team. You are welcome to join it. Just do it in the right place.

4. If you want to make change, don't try to censor. Make some difference on the ground. Mouthing nonsense is not permitted and this is NO place for abuse (like the rest of this forum).

Moderators have outlined this clearly: here and here. Need I be more specific?

Thank you for your attention.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

There is something odd about crapping on the street and demanding others not to soil their bathrooms.

Oh yes this thread has a deep esoteric purpose of rightful vengeance. I am thankful to be so reminded. Carry on.

Just to set the record straight. I am a Russian Jew. TSJones is a black mamma.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

Dont feed the trolls folks! Back to regular programming.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

sanjaykumar, LokeshC, shiv, TSJones.....thats enough brawling. Lets move on. Any further debate on which specific BRF member is an alleged gunga din and which specific person's grape trees produce sour grapes is going to earn a warning.

Now back to bojitive neuj....
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

The daily diet: The revelry and lovefest sections are new in every post, courtesy of google uncle, in case you haven't noticed.

The 737 is the world's best selling airliner. In a 2-class configuration, it seats around a 100 people. Below, we keep counts by the plateful of loveliest and revelry reported so far in this series:
Image + Image + ...

By the way, we are counting incidents and not victims.

Revelry: Sunday is usually a busy day. Almost like the holy sabbath, if you will.
-------------

Lovefest: Remember: it is always avoidable.
--------------

The US president has a task force for another non-existent problem.

Disclaimer:Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. It is only there at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time of writing. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Shreeman saar,
could you please instruct: are my posts on the thread off-topic? I thought I was posting positively.

----
Ridiculous DHS list: You might be a domestic terrorist if...
An 18-year veteran in law enforcement warned to beware of Homeland Security training that is being pushed to local law enforcement. "You might be a Domestic Terrorist If" you believe in civil liberties, or if you actually believe in your Constitutional rights. Sadly, this is NOT a joke.
By Ms. Smith on Sun, 04/03/11 - 6:39pm.

Print

We've all heard the "You might be a Redneck If" jokes, but in this series "You might be a Domestic Terrorist If" you believe in civil liberties, or if you actually believe in your Constitutional rights. Sadly, this is not a joke. You might also be a terrorist if you have ever expressed concerns of Big Brother. Are you a Christian who has ever discussed the anti-Christ, the apocalypse, or even mentioned the book of Revelation? Guess what, according to DHS then you too qualify as a potential domestic terrorist.

An 18-year veteran in law enforcement warned to beware of Homeland Security training that is being pushed to local law enforcement. James Wesley Rawles recently posted on AxXiom for Liberty some very disturbing trends in law enforcement training. He reports a shift in focus in the last 18 years from local community to a "federally dominated model of complete social control" coming out of, not surprisingly, Homeland Security. More specifically, the long-reaching DHS arms of TSA and FEMA have been pushed heavily in the last two years to local law enforcement.

Rawles notes that regardless to training session topics, the courses shift to domestic terrorist warnings in the community. That is not abnormal, but the wide scope of what our government describes as having the most potential to be domestic terrorists is highly alarming.

Rawles writes that the following are characteristics that qualifies a person as a potential domestic terrorist:
  • Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
    Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
    Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)
    Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
    Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
    Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
    Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
    Homeschooling
    Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
    Belief in a New World Order conspiracy
People engaged in the above activities or mind-set may be considered "extremists" or "militia groups" that exist in our communities and are "hiding in plain sight, ready to attack."

We've looked before at suspicious activity reports (SAR database) and fusion centers that keep info on supposedly "suspicious" people, keeping watchlists that can be accessed by local law enforcement and other government agencies. Domestic surveillance seems out of control and ACLU's Policy Counsel on National Security, Immigration and Privacy, Mike German, has said as much: "The most disturbing thing we've uncovered is the scope of domestic intelligence activities taking place today. Domestic spying is now being done by a host of federal agencies (FBI, DOD, DHS, DNI) as well as state and local law enforcement and even private companies. Too often this spying targets political activity and religious practices. We've documented intelligence activities targeting or obstructing First Amendment-protected activity in 33 states and DC."

I'm sure none of us want terrorists in our country. Although there may be domestic terrorists inside the USA, why don't we actually hear about these groups? Could it be that all the warnings of how there are such high risks for terrorism inside the U.S. might be because there are these utterly ridiculous lists of what qualifies as potential terrorists?

I strongly disagree that We the People of the USA, the land of free, are a wildly dangerous group. In fact, I don't think terrorists are lurking everywhere in America, waiting to attack. I believe, it is because we love America that we talk about and write about the worrisome facts of our great country becoming the land of surveillance and distrust, the place where neighbors are encouraged to report neighbors, and where local law enforcement is being told to be on the lookout for terrorists lurking all over their communities.
Link
A Department of Justice memo instructs local police, under a program named “communities against terrorism,” to consider anyone who harbors “conspiracy theories” about 9/11 to be a potential terrorist.

The memo thus adds 9/11-official-story skeptics to a growing list of targets described by federal law enforcement to be security threats, such as those who express “libertarian philosophies,” “Second Amendment-oriented views,” interest in “self-sufficiency,” “fears of Big Brother or big government,” and “Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties.”
FBI: Questioning 9/11 makes you a potential terrorist
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

A Short Tutorial on being Positive
------------------------------------------

Here are a few ways in which one might improve their self image and defeat the demons of self-doubt that envious neighbors and ugly wives might create. For example:

Negativity - The boy fell down
Sunshine - The boy started learning long jump. Bright future in track events too.

Negativity - I cut my finger
Sunshine - New paint brush discovered. Picasso soon to be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Negativity - A house fell down. Person X died
Sunshine - New reconstruction project stared in the memory of person X. Architecture a good career.

You see, facts get in the way of "image management". It is the negative perception that needs to be cured. Therefore henceforth when you report on events, take a look at the flag first. It is not fluttering, it is looking at you. Casting the fatherland in negative light makes it sad. Don't rain on a parade, stop a good thing from being big, or as noted by superior races above, be a "@#$%&!@".

People will get upset if you start noting that their shirt has a poop stain, their fly is open, and the collar is coming loose. However, these events are worth noting. They show that the land of feral cats is also populated by the same variety of sapiens infecting the other side of the pond. Thus leveling the playing field. In summary, if you must indeed report on law enforcement agencies, then:

Negativity: ThreeLetterAgency: Date XX/XX event investigated
Sunshine: Advanced technology helps in making progress on Cold case. Fugitives shudder!

May the three letter agencies raise your score, and guide you to the sunny shores in the Caribbean.

Disclaimer: Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. It is only there at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time of writing. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

The daily diet: The revelry and lovefest sections are new in every post, courtesy of google uncle, in case you haven't noticed.

The 737 is the world's best selling airliner. In a 2-class configuration, it seats around a 100 people. Below, we keep counts by the plateful of loveliest and revelry reported so far in this series:

Image + Image + ....

Revelry:
-------------

--------------

Disclaimer:Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. You may not have yet perceived much more that is relevant. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. It is only there at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
Kukreja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kukreja »

Shreeman wrote: By the way, we are counting incidents and not victims.
just curious: have you been separately counting the number of gang rapes that occur in the US?

Given the amount of coverage that an indian gang rape gets in american media outlets, you would think gang rape incidents in the US would get similar coverage. But thats obviously not the case. Of course, part of the issue is that the way in which these incidents are reported makes it hard to tell what exactly what happened. In contrast to reporting on indian incidents, its rare to see the words "gang rape" being reported in american cases. Take these examples:

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/26236 ... -juveniles
Authorities in Lawrence County say four men are charged with raping two juvenile girls after allegedly using alcohol to lure the victims to a house in Walnut Ridge.

Investigators say the alleged attack occurred April 19.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/vanderbilt-foo ... d=19990752
A fifth Vanderbilt football player, along with two California men, were arrested in connection with an alleged rape in a dorm room on the Nashville, Tenn., campus, authorities said.

Vanderbilt Commodores wide receiver Chris Boyd, 21, turned himself in to Nashville police this morning after he was indicted for allegedly trying to help four of his former teammates engineer a cover-up in the case, which has now resulted in the four being charged with rape, according to the Nashville Police Department.

Brandon Vandenburg, 20, of Indio, Calif.; Cory Batey, 19, of Nashville; Brandon Banks, 19, of Brandywine, Md.; and Jaborian McKenzie, 19, of Woodville, Miss., were each charged with five counts of aggravated rape and two counts of aggravated sexual battery on Aug. 9.

The four men are charged with raping an unconscious 21-year-old victim in Vandenburg's Gillette House dorm room on June 23, police said. They were dismissed from the team on June 29 and banned from campus pending a six-week investigation.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

USA starts world PRESS FREEDOM DAY with blatant lies.
Despite all the statements, the deputy State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf addressed the ongoing events in not such a very truthful way. On Friday she has answered the questions regarding journalists that were arrested in Ukraine:
"More than 500 have been harassed, beaten, abducted, and (one) killed," she said.
Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_05_06/US- ... lies-1143/
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kukreja wrote: just curious: have you been separately counting the number of gang rapes that occur in the US?
The US military has unique ways of handling this

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

More of Mulla-iam's cousins from America
CNN International ‏@cnni 2h

Rape is not a "lapse in judgment," rape is a crime -- but many Americans still don't understand this, says @CarolCNN http://cnn.it/1s0Rfkp
(CNN) -- It's 2014, yet many Americans -- including a sitting judge -- apparently don't know how to define rape. They find it difficult to figure out who is an actual victim. They can't even figure out who's a rapist.

Even when the accused pleads guilty to...rape.

It happened in Dallas County, Texas.

A young man named Sir Young admitted, in court, to forcing himself on a 14-year-old classmate.

Young's attorney, Scottie Allen, said the girl expressed interest in having sex with Young, "just not on school grounds."

Apparently Young couldn't wait. As his attorney put it: "he made a very, very bad judgment," and ignored the victim's objections and admitted that to police.

Fancy that! Rape, a "bad judgment."

Apparently that's not out of the realm of sound judicial thinking because Judge Jeanine Howard agreed. She sentenced Young to deferred probation and community service because -- wait for it -- it was partly the victim's fault.

Lest you think that judge in Texas is the only person on earth who's confused about rape, she's not.

From former Rep. Todd Akin's assertion there's such a thing as "legitimate rape" (as opposed to illegitimate rape?) to Whoopi Goldberg's claim that director Roman Polanski's assault on a 13-year-old girl wasn't "rape-rape," to a defense attorney in Cleveland who called an 11-year-old gang rape victim "a spider" who lured men into her web, all seemed really, really confused about whether a crime even occurred.

Perhaps one of the worst examples happened in Montana. District Judge G. Todd Baugh proclaimed a 14-year-old victim, who committed suicide before the trial started, "older than her chronological age" and "probably as much in control of the situation as the defendant."

The defendant in this case, the girl's 31-year-old teacher, Stacy Dean Rambold. Baugh sentenced Rambold to 15 years, then suspended all but 31 days.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Image + Image + ...

Revelry:
-------------

--------------

There was a request made for advanced hanky-panky training statistics. Unfortunately, its not as if these are properly reported (for example, this higher education institution) or prosecuted or archived in a form to be presented here. Google itself has decided (in the short time frame this series has run) to reformat its results and invalidate keywords to show that the US is trying to address the problem and produces results that are no longer news items only.

You can assume that no great effort went into producing the daily diet, and that shooty-stealy shooty-robby, hanky-panky, and advanced hanky-panky all occur in sufficient quantities every day. A general statistics widely reported was that 1 in 5 girls will have achieved this distinction by graduation from colleges. We apologize for not having collated spreadsheets handy.
----
Disclaimer:Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. You may not have yet perceived much more that is relevant. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. It is only here at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time of writing. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars. We are thinking about a new social dissemination game beyond elementary story telling. The game will only be run one-time if/when there are sufficient players to run it, there is no time frame for it. A participant in the game must have at least six off-forum contacts who will themselves disseminate the game materials further with the same enthusiasm. The participants must find a way to join the game and validate themselves. No instructions or hints on joining will be given. Game panel reserves the right to invalidate any entry deemed unsuitable.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Of romance and vehicular skills (U-NSN; May 10): This may have passed unnoticed given that that February 14 (which is the annual remembrance of St. Valentine by offering fattening foods and flowers to women of breeding age, unknown to you heathens) is long past. However, the land of liberty continues to shed light on how to enjoy this freedom. Love is not holding hands, it is driving a car into a ditch while having sex, under the influence of not one, but many substances. It is said that this was an act of protest against the shackles of arbitrary restrictions, that went only slightly awry. The couple were experienced in the matter, and mistakes can happen even to to the most experienced drivers -- here is looking at you Michael Shoemaker! While now without a partner and therefore unable to repeat his protest, we understand that the protest has now found favor among the occupy something! protestors who are vowing to recreate the event annually in all fifty states (Agencies reporting).
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Salon.com ‏@Salon 18m

It is currently legal in 29 states to fire someone for being LGBTQ. The NFL's 1st gay player could help change that http://slnm.us/97OMgLD
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

msnbc ‏@msnbc 35m

Student "preacher" at University of Arizona says some women "deserve rape" http://onmsnbc.co/C4jDtw
Brother Dean Saxton wants women who drink excessively and wear revealing clothing to know that they may “deserve rape.”

“I believe that there are certain qualities that may be worthy of rape. If a woman dresses provocatively, gets blackout drunk, and is wearing really revealing clothing, then I would say she is partially responsible for the rape,” Saxton says in a new VICE Profiles documentary.

Saxton, who filmmakers dub a “slut shaming preacher,” is a student at the University of Arizona. He decided this year to preach against what he calls “the sin of immodesty.” The film portrays him shouting from a megaphone such phrases as “Give up your immodest clothing” and “Yoga pants are a sin.”

Influenced by a street preacher, Saxton decided to write “You deserve rape” on a sign and publicly shout his declaration to other students on campus, where he says rape is “encouraged.” He recently protested a screening of Brave Miss World, which shares the story of Linor Abargil who won the 1998 Miss World Pageant – shortly after being raped.

“There’s a lot of provocative, seductive pictures of her that she has put out of herself,” Saxton says in the documentary. “I believe that if she was at home, and if she had kept to her orthodox Jewishness, that that rape really probably would not have happened.”
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Alleged "rapist list" appears around Columbia University

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/14/us/co ... index.html
New York (CNN) -- Fliers with the names of four alleged campus "rapists" are being circulated at New York's Columbia University in an apparent vigilante effort to warn women of potential sexual assaults.

Earlier this month, 23 students filed a federal complaint against Columbia University, alleging the school failed to protect victims of sexual assault, according to a statement from the students.

The complaint alleges the Ivy League university discouraged students from reporting sexual assaults, allowed perpetrators to remain on campus, sanctioned inadequate disciplinary actions for perpetrators and discriminated against students based on their sexual orientation, according to a statement from the students, who are calling themselves Our Stories CU.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Leaked Document Shows Amherst Frat Hasn't Shed Its Sexism

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/1 ... 16745.html
The AC Voice, a website run by Amherst students, on Monday published a 13-page internal DKE document, known as "sheets." Prospective brothers with the fraternity are meant to memorize the list of "laws," which include a number of veiled misogynistic references and glorify binge drinking.

Note: The quotes below contain explicit language.

"Moore's Requirement: Suck or Walk."

"Kuffler's Call: I don't drink to get drunk, I drink to solve my problems."

"Seelbach's Defense: I was blacked out."

"DMO's Law: See some trash, pick it up." ("Trash" here purportedly refers to women.)

"If you can't be with the one you love, take the bus to Smith ... Or stay at Amherst and ride the hein train."

"Ripper's Recommendation: Drink it, smoke it, snort it, fug it ... and perhaps shit your pants."

The sheets also list "beers of choice" and stipulate which brands are allowed in games of beer pong.

The Amherst DKE chapter issued a statement apologizing for the sheets and noted the offensive laws had been added by previous members and "no one bothered to remove them."
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Georgia judge indicted after claims of sex assault, framing accuser

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... story.html
A former top judge in northern Georgia was indicted on allegations of abusing his position to solicit sexual favors and using his influence with police to frame a woman who accused him of propositioning her, federal prosecutors announced Wednesday.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

An Indian achieves biggest prize available to man kind. Nobel prize mere consolation, canadian visa no substitute.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Amazing grace ..

Police Commissioner Wont Apologize For Calling Obama N Word
http://newswatch.us/police-commissioner ... ma-n-word/
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

***** in US 'a public health crisis'

***** in America should be declared major public health crisis, panel of activists states

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... risis.html
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

FBI is so good that it can investigate itself on shootings done by its agents.

151 shootings and all cleared as A-OK.

This from some investigation into that guy they for suspected tamerlan killings of 3 in boston for a drug deal whatever. the arrested guy was in an interrogation room. and he still gets shot with the old "he was reaching and i was threatened" trick. in the interrogation room. and this guy gets cleared.

USA USA USA...
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Image + Image + ...

Revelry:
-------------

--------------

Disclaimer:Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. You may not have yet perceived much more that is relevant. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. This is only there at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Folks, I might as well get on with describing the fifth-cousin's (third cousin, twice removed, hereafter, simply the fifth cousin) burden. This message will appear in both Positive news and here.

Now, upfront, please note this is in the spirit of "Understanding the USA", and the only definition of "self" that fits is:
साया हूँ फ़कत, नक्श-ब-दीवार नहीं हूँ ...
merely a shadow, not made of brick or mortar am I ..
So the facts of life are what they are, they are dirtier than I can make them if I tried. There is no point in shooting the messenger. Ignore the message at your peril.

There is NO media in the US, only paid advertisements. The "law enforcement" can only be of any worth if the judiciary implementing that law is of any use. The judiciary is the definition of "rule of law". So all cries of "we have this and that" are moot, unless the judiciary actually does something. Thus, here is a definition of the US legal system. This prose describes one state court example, and one federal court example.

Lets first describe the process a judicial complaint goes through, if you ever need to use it:

[1] Find a lawyer -- This is THE hardest step. Lawyers are usually people who could not make any other profession. It is also one of the few dynastic professions where progeny often follow the parents. The number of cases actually going to trial is miniscule (1%?), so your lawyer is essentially your hired goon or a hired goon negotiating a deal for himself. There is NO scope for ethics in legal practice. Upon reviewing your case prior to filing a complaint, your lawyer calculates his fees including the average outcome of the trial being turned into his fees. Only if you receive an outrageous award will you benefit from going to a lawyer. In most cases, the lawyer will tell you upfront -- unless you have a trust fund, don't complain and move on. The lawyer is only worried about his fees. Legal fees start from say $400 per hour to thousands per hour. The lawyer decides how much time he has spent on your case. It is one of the few professions where you CAN haggle like you do with your vegetable vendor. However, do recall the the lawyer will only screw you in other ways to get the amount he wants out of this case.

[2] File a complaint: If you find a lawyer, you can start filing a complaint. Lawyers specialize in small portions of the law. Say you have an employment problem. You go to an employment lawyer, they are likely to specialize in a small part of the employment law -- e.g. injuries, or contractual disputes, and so on. You will never find a lawyer who specializes in everything. Do not expect your lawyer to understand your specialty, consequences, timeline or anything else. Your complaint will become about the parts of the law the lawyer is confident about. Everything else is either "not protected in the law" according to the law, or is too weak to be included in the complaint or will shame the lawyer or something. The lawyer wants to preserve his reputation by a) winning the case, and b) not appearing an idiot in front of the court. You CAN writing in the claims you feel are most important yourself, and force your lawyer to let them stay. This will start souring the relationship. By the time a complaint is filed, you are already out of 10,000s of dollars. It does not matter what you say, EVERYONE believes you are after a "settlement". Thus the lawyer will only worry about money numbers that can be attached to complaint claims. They will either try to quote really outlandish numbers (not my experience), or really tiny numbers (making the outcome moot).

[3] To come..

Disclaimer:Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. You may not have yet perceived much more that is relevant. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. This is only there at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

habal wrote:Amazing grace ..

Police Commissioner Wont Apologize For Calling Obama N Word
http://newswatch.us/police-commissioner ... ma-n-word/
Take a peek at the comment section. Land of racial tolerance
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Image + Image + 1/2...

Revelry:
-------------

--------------

Disclaimer:Please re-read the FAQ, before making any judgements and inferences. The intent is not to have the reader conceive, but to perceive what is in plain sight. Inferences are your own and please resist the temptation of 140 character conclusions. You may not have yet perceived much more that is relevant. The thread is established and this adds only little additional value now. It is only there at the admin's discretion. This was all that was handy at the time. And pasta willing, more of your preconceptions will be proven false, in less than 140chars.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

thee land of the freeeee ... and the home of the braaaave

http://newswatch.us/man-cooked-death-sc ... on-guards/
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Haute Couture and Environmental Sustainability

How to make jeans last long:
He added that less washing equals greater environmental sustainability.
This is the philosophy that led to the great Industrie de Parfum Francaise, and to the fine fashions shown in "Trinity is Still My Name".

A required accoutrement is shown here, best worn on the nose.

I was driving through Quebec the other din. Such jeans would be totally cool there, since the entire region has Le Fragrance de Pakistan Peau-Peau
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Great News! The greatest Medical Care System Every Invented (emphasis on invented..)

ONLY 23 VETERANS KNOWN TO HAVE DIED WAITING FOR AN APPOINTMENT!
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Image + Image + 1/2...

Revelry:
-------------
1 - Large scale festivity,
2 - Fun in hotels ,
3 - NASCAR fun,
4 - Fun with Leo,
5 - Group picnics,
6 -slow weekend,
7- nothing special,
8 - nothing special,
9 - just some copycat,
10 - donut conversion into fuel.

Lovefest: Remember: it is always avoidable, and it can also kill!
--------------
2 - a mayor leads from the front,
3 - cars are bad for people,
4 - new york is up 24 hours a day,
6 - missing person's report,
7 -hat trick,
10 - officer training to be a priest.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

The continuation of the story

[2a] Protective Orders: Your mouth will be sealed until the case ends. This could be another three years. By which time, no one will care.

[3] Survive motions to dismiss: Unlike when you are being persecuted, there is no evidence attached to motions to dismiss. Most fancy lawyers will rely on fancy case law that neither your lawyer nor you will understand. It is what is called a "technicality", and depending upon the friendliness of the court to your opponents, your fight will just end right here.

[4] Discovery is Open: If your complaint survives and gets to this point, get ready to be poor. You have to a) ask for relevant documents, b) ask questions of your opponents. They will do the same to you. This is a flood of documents. Mostly irrelevant documents. There is no way of knowing what has been hidden. Even if you know a document exists and you get a motion to compel, you will not get the documents you want. Questions asked of you will be about your character and health and family even if you are suing about hot coffee burning you. You will provide what you have, they will not. Your lawyer will get tired of taking your money and decide to move on.

[5] Depositions: Now your lawyer gets to charge you really large sums. Any people your lawyer selects and your opponents select, have to sit in a room and answer questions. Most of the testimony will not be used. In fact, none will be used from the vast majority. But the lawyers will insist on interviewing for a whole day. This is under an "oath". But if you say "I don't recall precisely" first, then you can lie your heart out. Or you can say "I didn't come prepared for this" and then proceed to lie your heart out. Unless you have a trust fund, you will be really poor by now.

[6] Pay the judge's friends: At this point the judge will appoint a former judge or another friend as a person you must talk to. They will charge by the hour. Depending upon how strong your case is, you will be forced to undergo this torture and pay for it. You could be a continent away and will be forced to attend in person. Your opponents will not have any intention of actually settling the matter. And if they have say, stolen your car, no intention of returning it. The whole idea is to see how much more money you have left.

[7] Summary judgement: At this point, both your lawyer and opponents' lawyer will file paperwork asking for a judge's decision before a trial. This is another way of spending more money. In all cases, the judge will deny one or two claims of each side, and unless you have really upset the judge, the case can go to trial.

[8] Scheduling Delays: At this point the burdened court system (1% of cases go to trial!) will say they can not find a court date or judge for you and force you through more mediation meetings. They will tell you "now is the most leverage you have", and "the court can not give you what you can get now". In other cases, they (your opponents) will just work out a deal with your lawyer. He gets what he wants afterward, even if you win the trial, you will only lose. In the mean time, the lawyers will make a list of documents they will use during the trial.

[9] Trial Procedure: If you actually get to here, be prepared to spend your provident fund. The first step is getting a jury selected. A crowd of local residents has been forced to show up. the judge will throw out anyone remotely qualified to understand the matter. Then, the lawyers will object to any educated persons left. In the end, you 5-6 elderly mostly uneducated individuals will be forced to sit through a week of legal wrangling. And another 2-3 people will join them as "alternates". You can rest assured that if you were worrying about a matter worth crores, no one in this group would have ever seen or dreamed of that amount. These individuals will be further instructed to decide only a few limited things. This is entirely based on the whims of the judge. For example, The jury may decide guilty/not-guilty, and the lawyers will decide what monetary amounts are to be associated with it. The jury does not get to decide the money. In short, even this worst case scenario, it is a powerless group, forced to sit through a week or more of obscure arguments, bored to death, and wanting to go home. If there is a weekend in the middle, you can be sure they will remember nothing on Monday.

[10] Trial: You will sit quietly, except when called as a witness to the stand. Your lawyer and their lawyer will call people to the stand and ask them question. The jury will try to stay awake. The judge will exclaim "you must be wondering how we can find the time to take these cases!". You will be poorer still.

[11]. Outcome: When both lawyers run out of arguments, they rest. The judge asks the jury to deliberate. They basically want to sign a piece of paper ("the judgement sheet") get paid and go home. The judge at this point will tell you "you have not suffered", even if you are missing a leg now, and tell you they are not inclined to award any damages. The law does not provide for attorney's fees. So even if the jury provides a guilty verdict on all counts, you will get nothing. Your lawyer will want your first-born in lieu of even more time he has spent.

[13]. Consequences: The outcome is immaterial. Unless you are a young white women, no one will care. The judge will write the minimal in the record so no one can know what the case was about unless they were a lawyer. The rest of the documents will be sealed or "held in judges chambers". You will be needed to shred anything you have received. Your opponents will laugh at you regardless of the judgement. Matters will remain as they were before the trial, even if you won.

And this is why, not only should you be afraid of the US cops, you should never dare to try the legal system. And this is the "kinder" civil procedure. In the other (criminal), you are already guilty by being black, before any procedure.

Now as Obelix once said:
Obelix wrote: अब मैं समझा, उसका हाथ अब खाली है।
We can continue with the story. The time has come.