Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by SriKumar »

prasannasimha wrote:
ShankarCag wrote:Modi in power could bring India, China closer: Chinese daily

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 748159.cms
We must not make the same mistake as Nehru but "keep friends close but enemies closer" and keep a watchful ever guarded attitude with China.
THis is all you need to know, to know about Modi's position on China. At the rally in Arunachal PRadesh, he ended his speech with:
Saugandh mujhe is mitti ki mai desh nahi mitne doonga, mai desh nahi tootne doonga, mai desh nahi jhukne doonga. JAI HIND

(I swear by the soil that I wont let this place be erased, I wont let the nation break, I wont let the nation be bowed/cowed).

http://www.niticentral.com/2014/02/22/h ... 92516.html
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

KLP Dubey wrote:
matrimc wrote:Any gars hard data KLPD Saab?
I lived in Hyd for 8 years, travelled with my mother to many districts of AP, and saw plenty of that. I also suspect this is related to why AP has become doubleCrossed to the extent that it is now.
OK. Got what I asked for - no hard data, not that I don't trust your gut feeling.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Anantha wrote:I have a feeling Modiji will give a big interview to a big news group on 10th and will occupy the airwaves on 11th before the polling day. I guess it could be one of the news traders
better to give TV interviews to the local news channels of the areas that go to polls on 12th. getting the Ceritified-ABV2 stamp from MSM is not important.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

The following 30 second audio clip was sent as a Voice SMS to over 4 Lakh voters in 4 BJP Constituencies in Andhra Pradesh. Its an appeal to vote for Modi from NRIs in the US. The message is in Telugu with a NaMo mantra in the background

Hope you all enjoy it!

If some Telugu speaking person can translate it, it would be great! I had written the English version of it, but it could have been modified to suit Telugu. I'd love to see what the words were

The voice is that of the wife of one of the GIBV volunteers

https://soundcloud.com/telugudesam/telugu-namo

Just tweeted the link to the above. Plz RT: https://twitter.com/VogonPoem/status/463901258735054848
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Kakkaji wrote:
abhijitm wrote:I was actually hoping Modi to reinstate MKN as NSA.
No, MKN is too beholden to the Nehru-Gandhi family to serve any useful role in a NaMo Govt.

IMHO Ajit Doval should be made the NSA.
What about Shri RSN Singh?

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I suggested its time to appoint a military officer. If its good enough for us its good enough for India.

I dont want policeman or foreign service folks.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

SaiK wrote:
Shamlee wrote: Or send it to Subramanian Swamy.
One person who is going to play fast volleys would be him!
Shall we say popcorn and beer times to come soon.
Believe it or not, I really love this guy - Subramanian Swamy, I mean. I recall attending one of his speeches in Chembur-Mumbai during the Janata Party days, way back in the 70s. He was too good then and is too good now.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Well. I root for Rule Gandhi as NSA... sample this:

But more seriously, this is beyond being dumbheaded...
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

aatankwadi ko dekh kar RaGa ko khada ho gaya? He is retarded.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

NM pic from the 80s... vintage simplicity. character. class.

But now that its confirmed NM wore lungis at one time, is it too much pooch to ask for a lungi dance come 16-may and if the results go in lotus favor, eh??
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Remember this about Rahul Gandhi

IQ = (Mental Age) / (Real Age)

So, Rahul is dumber today than he was yesterday, if that's even possible!
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Could it be true? Could the push-back be finally, finally beginning??

Translation:
In this village, no permission to carry on with conversions & preaching by religions other than Hindu
Would long to see such boards in villages all over Seemandhra someday. Would have no trouble reading the telugu written, either. Someday... :)
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

When BJP was in power in Karnataka was an anti conversion law ever enacted?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^No. Anti-cow slaughter bill was there which was promptly repealed when COng came to power last yr.

But Guj has an anti-conversion bill. And an effective one at that. Which earned NM unkil's ire and a visa ban (blessing in disguise, actually. tenku tenku unkilia). Could be a model for other lotus states down the line. No?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

these cow slaughter states not only affect their internal population but act as magnets for smugglers to ship cows from neighbouring states and earn money. I am sure lots of cow smuggling for slaughter takes place from KA -> KL and KA -> AP.

so these blotting papers soak up cow blood like ink off a table from the surrounding regions as well.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

BJP has made verbal statements that anti-conversion law would be extended throughout India when they get to power. Not sure if it found mention in the Manifesto though (if not I can understand why not, even though I do expect it to be a priority during the first NDA term).
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

is NaMo wearing dhothi or lungi?

----
why do people think pappu is dumb? I seriously don't understand. I don't mean to say that he is intelligent but it seems to me that the rhetoric employed by him or most of the dynasty is very cleverly written. The only problem to me is that the rhetoric is empty because it does not have any good work to back it up and there are compulsions of bad character. So, I think pappu maybe dumb, but most of what he says is written by someone else who is quite clever however it is villainous because the intentions seem to be wrong. But, it seems politically making fun of someone is a bigger blow than portraying them as a villain.

So, this an interesting strategy:
a) kongis and its fans tried to portray NaMo as a villain.
b) lotus and its fans tried to portray pappu as dumb.

The dumb thing became more successful because of use of humour and sarcasm. And decade long rule. But, the bigger takeaway is that portraying someone as dumb seems to destroy the image much more easily than portraying someone as a villain.

Just to clarify, I am not saying pappu is not dumb even for a second. All I am saying is that pappu is no more dumber than rest of the dynasty(including his ancestors). Pappu's public antics seem to be scripted and therefore well thought-out and pre-planned. And they seem to be scripted by someone else.

For example, if 'made in varanasi' concept was talked by NaMo, people would have gone ooh and aah on it. But, when pappu says it, people make fun of him. Now, even the person who wrote pappu's script must be knowing that the tag would be 'made in Bhaarath', but it is a rhetorical device to underline the point that varanasi(or someother place) can become a manufacturing hub.

This takes to the larger point: every strategy tried by NaMo's opponents has failed(infact helped NaMo). Many of these strategies used by the opponents were very good. For example, long elections are very good strategy to combat a wave. Novelty would wear off and fatigue would build up, so the wave would be dissipated. Similarly, it would stretch to summer when people don't want to venture out of their homes. Low turn out would help in combating wave. But, the strategy backfired. Long election time allowed the wave to build up because the success in one phase was already known to people in other places and therefore the perception of inevitability built up. The long election time also allowed NaMo to tour all over the country including Amethi. This would not have happened if it were a short election. People were ready to brave the heat and came out in large numbers.

So, everything worked out for NaMo while nothing worked for their opponents. This tells me that it is difficult to predict success particularly in sectors that require public support. I think people who do become successful are lucky because many factors have to align for a person to become successful. Any small issue can become a huge roadblock. So, it seems to me that it is sheer luck that determines success or failure i.e. a person must have done something in their past(lives?) to earn their present success. I think NaMo is successful because of his thapas-shakthi. It seems to me that when success does come, people get carried away by it and start doing wrong things(and then suffer consequences. For eg: Yesu Reddy). I think one of the big challenges in the world is to not get carried away by success and still do the right thing. The same applies to failure. I think one of the big strengths of NaMo has been to remain grounded despite the success. Its supposed to be a sign of greatness when a person remains unaffected by both success or failure and both praise or censure. If NaMo can continue to remain grounded and do his job even after sitting on throne, then his name would be written in golden letters in annals of history for a long long time to come. As RajeshA saar said, it might just become NaMo era...

----
One of the first things done by Ranjith Singh Maharaj when he became the king was to ban cow slaughter. One of the first things done by Brits when they conquered Punjab was to allow cow slaughter. According to Mahabhaaratha, Bheeshma says that there is a simple test to know whether a particular state is dharmik or adharmik: If the cows are protected in a place, then it is dharmik place. Otherwise, it is adharmik place.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

NaMo govt should make some of the dust gathering reports like Handerson public which show real face of Dienesty since Nehru's days
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

johneeG wrote:is NaMo wearing dhothi or lungi?
Thankyou! This is a dhoti (or panche as they are called in KA). Lungis are an "attire" worn for comfort (they are coloured, generally checks etc).. while dhotis are used primarily in religious ceremonies and are pure white with a border (though they are also used as an attire)..

It irks me when people confuse the two.
Last edited by JohnTitor on 07 May 2014 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Hari Seldon wrote:Well. I root for Rule Gandhi as NSA... sample this:

But more seriously, this is beyond being dumbheaded...
OMG, seriously a five year old iPAD generation will laugh at this guy. I hope he did not write this someone else did. I will be very disappointed if people choose this guy as PM !! Priyanka will be anointed as heir I guess and baba must retire in Florida or Sicily for rest of his life and settle down. Vadra has many houses in India including some in most expensive areas in uttarakhand and himachal pradesh with brilliant views. Guess Gandhi family knew that upa part two was their last chance to plunder the nation and they did what they wanted to by appointing scamsters left right and centre.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

--- Self deleted ---
Last edited by krishnan on 07 May 2014 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Plight of people of Amethi.

johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

nah, saar.

Dhoti can also come in various colors and patterns. The crucial difference between dhoti and lungi seems to be:
dhoti has lose ends while lungi is attached. I heard somewhere(don't know whether its true) that this goes back to some Vaidhik injunction about not wearing anything that is stitched together. So, dhothi has lose ends while lungi has both ends stitched together. Saree also has lose ends just like dhothi.

BTW, pyjamas seem like a stitched version of dhotis. And pants seem to be a next step in evolution of pyjamas.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

lungi has loose ends too, and is stiched after buying
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Lungi can be with loose ends or attached. In South India the difference between lungi and dhoti is as per what Krishnan saar explained.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

But I thought lungi is wore only after both ends are stitched... while dhothi has both ends remain loose.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

It is a personal preference. Some like to stitch it into a cylinder but dhoti will always be loose ended. Modi also will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
member_28359
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28359 »

Singha wrote:these cow slaughter states not only affect their internal population but act as magnets for smugglers to ship cows from neighbouring states and earn money. I am sure lots of cow smuggling for slaughter takes place from KA -> KL and KA -> AP.

so these blotting papers soak up cow blood like ink off a table from the surrounding regions as well.
Sometime back I was posted in Krishnanagar WB with Reliance whenever I used to have night activities and visit the border areas I have seen truckloads of cows being smuggled across the border to BD. Everybody knew local police,BSF.... all were hand in glove......with the smugglers
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

In context of Lord Ram image "controversy"

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Thanks Lilo That's great.
rvishwak
BRFite

Post by rvishwak »

Meanwhile, CBI gives clean chit to Amit Shah in Ishrat Jahan case...
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Ishrat Jahan encounter: No prosecutable evidence against Shah, says CBI
The CBI on Wednesday has said that it doesn’t have prosecutable evidence against BJP national general secretary Amit Shah and former DGP KR Kaushik in Ishrat Jahan encounter case. The CBI stated this in its reply submitted before a special court hearing a petition filed by Gopinath Pillai who has sought arraignment of these two accused in the case.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Poll panel denies permission to Modi for holding rallies in Varanasi
BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Wednesday was denied permission to hold rallies in Varanasi. Modi was scheduled to hold two rallies in Varanasi on Thursday.

While no exact reason for this has been cited as of yet, the denial has caused outrage in Bharatiya Janata Party. BJP’s Nirmala Sitaraman slammed the move by the Election Commisson, calling it a conspiracy.
Leaving no stone unturned. Clearly a desperate move by tottering regime. Looks like everyone is jittery and Writing is on the wall.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Sometime back I was posted in Krishnanagar WB with Reliance whenever I used to have night activities and visit the border areas I have seen truckloads of cows being smuggled across the border to BD. Everybody knew local police,BSF.... all were hand in glove......with the smugglers
I have always felt that a two-kilometer-wide strip of land running all around the Indian border should be under the direct control of the central government and the area declared union territory. Corrupt state governments are a threat to national security and cannot be trusted with managing the borders.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^saar, BSF is central only.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Rajdeep SardesaiVerified account ‏@sardesairajdeep

EC too has many questions to answer in this election: from missing voters to malfunctioning EVMs to total failure to check money power.
:shock:

bhaaat , this guy is questioning EC....how dare he does that
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rahul Gandhi standing within a polling booth in Amethi. Open Goondaism!

If Rahul Gandhi has to do poll rigging at such a large scale in his own constituency, in the Congress bastion, as some reports on twitter suggest, it only means LaFamiglia is politically dead!
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

EC is loosing a lot of credibility this election , people always maybe had doubt, all that has been made open this time
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Hari Seldon wrote:^^saar, BSF is central only.
What I mean is that local police and bureaucrats will have no jurisdiction in that strip. It will be UT and the strip needs to be depopulated.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Never in my lifetime would have imagined headlines like in MSM:

Will Rahul Gandhi lose in Amethi?
Truely, NaMo has really shaken up the system like never before!