Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Singha »

I like the word "break", not fix or adjust or glue together but "break", "shatter"...I like such words.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Sanku wrote:News channels discussing the NaMo "cabinet" -- seems like even the pretence is gone.
heh my dad was mentioning the same today in an email. Looks like the media is seeing what is coming.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Sanku wrote:News channels discussing the NaMo "cabinet" -- seems like even the pretence is gone.
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but who are the leading front runners from Home, Ext. Aff., Def., Fin., Ag., Commerce, HRD, Railways?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Muraliraviji

I had a heated argument with my Brother in law. His family is mentally retarded COngressis who say they will never vote for anyone else. My sister made sure she never returned his voting card confirmation letter as he was traveling so he could not vote. She voted for TDP+BJP thankfully :mrgreen:

He started giving me BS that BJP will get 160-170 and Congressis will get 100 seats.

I said I will shave my head if it goes below 190 and I predicted 210-240 seats.

Give me some good news so that I don't despair till May 16 about my hair and I hope to save my hair. :rotfl:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Which channel? Arnab is conducting a show what I call a postmortem. They are analyzing where and why Congress failed. It is scary some think if Priyanka had jumped in 8 months ago, Congress would have won.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

SwamyG wrote:
Which channel? Arnab is conducting a show what I call a postmortem. They are analyzing where and why Congress failed. It is scary some think if Priyanka had jumped in 8 months ago, Congress would have won.
News X I think.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

SwamyG wrote:
The DIenasty bum lickers need some body who can attack Modi even if there is no substance. The trash picks up the crumbs of DIEnasty. The slave mentality is everywhere.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I hope and pray that LKA sulks again during Cabinet formation and sits out.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Mort Walker wrote:
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but who are the leading front runners from Home, Ext. Aff., Def., Fin., Ag., Commerce, HRD, Railways?
To be quite honest, I did not pay too much attention for two reasons
1) After the 04 and 09, I am not paying any attention to anything till the numbers are in for sure on 16th.
2) It was mostly kite flying with everyone and their own opinion

However few interesting points (to me at least)
1) Participants included ABV's media advisor, and Vir Sanghvi
2) General expectation is that Amit Shah will roam the field, campaigning and destroying the opposition, not a cabinet position, at most a political assistant to PM
3) Everyone is wondering how Sushma Swaraj and MM Joshi will be accommodated, they are "difficult" fits, have enormous symbolic value (brahmin face in UP and women face) -- but are also senior and may not be aligned as well with NaMo agenda.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

All the "senior" BJP leaders can be accommodated in a National Advisory Council.

Furthermore some provision needs to be made that the Indian Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan can vote for Bills in Parliament through video-conferencing.
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

MMJ should be candidate for President in 2017. Also please don't assign Women and Child Development ministry to feminists like Swaraj or Lekhi.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

this 5forty3.in login process sucks. I've got a login there, I changed my password today and promptly it does not allow me to access the content.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

I have an idea on EJs

We know how Amit Shah cooped village pradhan's rivals in Gujarat to undermine CONgis.

Can he co-opt missionary leaders who are power struggling to undermine the movement from inside?
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

EJism can end if the elitism associated with it is destroyed. Gora/Buda sahibs are needed to campaign for making the potential flock to convert. It can be easily done by strict visa monitoring + foreign funding of NGOs. If this is combined with making the temples free of Endowment act, Amit Shah will become jobless.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Modi says"I love Sufism. If Sufism would be strong in Kashmir there would be no Terrorism..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaG3H_f_o8

DON'T flame NaMo now. IMO, he really believes in Ekam Sath Viprah Bahudah Vadanthi and I respect him for that.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Sufi m.k.chishty ‏@MSufiSaint 58m

"Only Modi can become Subhas Chandra Bose" Says Cornel Nizamuddin of *Azad Hind Foj*
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vivek.rao wrote:Muraliraviji

I had a heated argument with my Brother in law. His family is mentally retarded COngressis who say they will never vote for anyone else. My sister made sure she never returned his voting card confirmation letter as he was traveling so he could not vote. She voted for TDP+BJP thankfully :mrgreen:

He started giving me BS that BJP will get 160-170 and Congressis will get 100 seats.

Give me some good news so that I don't despair till May 16 about my hair and I hope to save my hair. :rotfl:
Okay., 5forty3 made a bold prediction of at least 204 seats for BJP. That is the new low. I expect around 220 and optimistically around 243., and if BJP by itself gets 240+., that is, they have more than doubled their seats compared to 2009 (all NaMo wave only).

Now you can still donate your hair to Tirupati Devasthanam and come out in flying colors compared to your BIL. And yes, you owe a very good gift and many thanks to your sister! :-)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

He needs some revelation about the kind of maskirovka role sufism played in preparing the ground and diluting opposition for when the real shoe dropped. Brihaspatiji has exposed some of it in the context of bengal.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Dr. Praveen Patil ‏@5Forty3 13m
There's a major silent vote for @narendramodi among many Muslims here in Varanasi, will talk about it tomorrow in our Live coverage @nirax
Whatever Patil says the PAIDMEDIA is confirming later
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

He said, if sufisim was strong in kashmir....Terrorism would never have been born in kashmir.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Singha wrote:He needs some revelation about the kind of maskirovka role sufism played in preparing the ground and diluting opposition for when the real shoe dropped. Brihaspatiji has exposed some of it in the context of bengal.
:rotfl: Modi probably knows more about islam than anyone on this forum. He needs no revelation. Its ridiculous to hear something like this.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

prahaar wrote:EJism can end if the elitism associated with it is destroyed. Gora/Buda sahibs are needed to campaign for making the potential flock to convert. It can be easily done by strict visa monitoring + foreign funding of NGOs. If this is combined with making the temples free of Endowment act, Amit Shah will become jobless.

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

^^ Sufism

maybe. but see before B'ji did the Khulasa, pretty much ALL of brf had brought into the sufi / syncretic Kool-aid from the media and sarkari history.

so its one of those hidden issues that even very well read and intelligent people might not know anything about.

very few people have the detailed knowledge of the dark side that B'ji does imo. I hadnt the vaguest clue that there was a huge drought in middle ages in BD deltaic regions that opened up new mangrove land for cultivation and so called sufi peers led a variety of miscreants in droves to settle into this newly expanded bengal.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Singha ji,

I think it is a useful policy to go and touch the father's feet before one thrashes the son to bits. Then it is not personal. The West extols the virtues of "moderate Muslims" before going on a bombing spree in Afghanistan and Iraq. So just as the West has "moderate Muslims", we too can have "wonderful Sufis" to get a secular licence to go and thrash Deobandis, Taliban, Islamists, etc.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Well the idea of secularism can only give limited returns that it's domain is limited to. And we do know how selective it has been used by people who call themselves seculars to begin with.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

bhupendra chaubey ‏@bhupendrachaube 10m
On the eve of last phase of polling; here's my big picture. Nothing to do with any exit poll; @narendramodi will be sworn in as Pm on 16th
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

My humble quochhen / sujjecchhon:
1. Amit Shar should stay as NaMo's chief of staff - dousing all fires, and throwing flames where needed. Don't bog him down with any ministry. he has a greater role to play - to make sure of a massive victory for BJP in 2019 so that relevant constitutional amendments can be done without any hitch. he also needs to take care of the DDm once and for all.

2. I'm a bit surprised that Asifa Khan is quiet. I thought she should be given a more visible role, or perhaps fielded as a candidate. BJP needs more people like her to smash all stereo-typing by foreign media. herself being a journalist should be given the role to interact with videshi journos.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote:He needs some revelation about the kind of maskirovka role sufism played in preparing the ground and diluting opposition for when the real shoe dropped. Brihaspatiji has exposed some of it in the context of bengal.
i would guess that he knows enough and that muslims are not a monolith and he is not averse in playing one against another. if sufi's were used as a layer that comes before hardcore jihad, it can also be reversed to get at jihadi elements.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

vnmshyam wrote:
10 others? I thought termites came out in the 100s/1000s
Do we all know the source of canadian AAP funds, and perhaps pipe&filtered from OPEC controlling nations? wahabie fund source is a certainity.
Yashu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Yashu »

niran wrote:BJP is ready for battle of Purvanchal, the army is replenished all personals have there weapons err battle plans/gadgets/food/water complete with places to be and wat to do whom to contact etc.

there are are about 15000 (ain't a typo) Amethia Thakurs( a very convulsed history ) voters spread over 54 villages in Salempur LS constituency they have pledged support for NaMo around 11000 are expected to vote.

all UP seats in UP except Azamgarh is in 90% zone in favor of BJP. contrary to MSM hogwash Mohtarma Patel is also in 90% zone in Mirzapur.

once again contrary to MSM telecasts in Varanasi it is NaMo NaMo all the way the onree unknown is the margin of win.

on 12th will discharge me constitutional dooty aid people to vote and file me report and by evening 13th will be back to me normal life of relieving
people of their money (for RKM onree.)
Niran ji thanks for the information Amethia Thakurs are historically Sangis, belong to the same lot, Ropan Chapara
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/ls-el ... 140506.htm
9 ways the media brought Priyanka centre stage
When Harold Wilson, the former prime minister of England, said 'A week is a long time in politics,' he was making a profound observation. As a savvy negotiator, he realised small things can change the alchemy of a situation, coax people to read things differently. Last week, all India heard about was the inevitability of Narendra Modi. The Modi juggernaut was making its final move from Lucknow to Delhi.

Now suddenly, Modi looks tried, his voice seems hoarse, he seems to have lost his mana. He appears vulnerable. The same numbers which gave him a convenient margin now seem to add up differently. They appear to create doubt. A new electoral abacus creates a huge margin of doubt on many calculations.

At first sight, the reader is surprised. Then he realises the Modi phenomenon is being reframed. The media seems tired of the Modi epic and is creating a counterfoil. The media realises Rahul Gandhi might be inadequate, but Priyanka Gandhi can be groomed for the future. Her first interviews are inane, her speeches pedestrian.

Instead of reporting it matter of factly, the media, television, in particular, stages an alternative show. Realising the text needs to be worked on, it creates context as the new content. Media moves are quick, supple and effective. As a critic, all one can do is to unravel the steps in this semiotic act.

As a first step, Robert Vadra has to be sanitised and localised. The focus is not on the young man. The attack is seen as one on the family, the Gandhi family, our first family, our great legacy. The family is still a value while Vadra is seen as an add-on.

Step II, Rahul has to be sidelined, but affectionately. Enter Priyanka, the sister saying fondly 'My brother Rahul looks like Rajiv'. As affection pours down, attention shifts to her. The side show seems more promising than the main act. Presto, the media switches the attention frames. The attention is on Priyanka, the new Joan of Arc.

Step III, the media realises that she has to be represented more tersely, not as a harangue but as a collection of bytes, responses, telegrams and one-liners. The reactive has to be presented as active. Think of this: When Modi reportedly says 'She is like a daughter to me,' he invokes a different protocol of behaviour, a different sanskar, she reads him literally and answers, 'I am Rajiv's daughter'. Quick, abrupt and emphatic. There is no yielding to any weakness.

Step IV, Priyanka has to be presented as more than Priyanka. It is not enough that she is Sonia's daughter. That does not quicken the juices. The minute she is re-projected as evoking Indira, a different halo is created. It is a different aesthetics evoking her sarees, each chosen with a magisterial care, each echoing a craft tradition. It is a different politics because the till-now phlegmatic Priyanka is seen as the next Indira -- the Durga, the goddess.

Priyanka's tiredness disappears as she endears herself to the crowd. The smile, half chirp-half giggle makes her look at home. She is relaxed, enjoying politics in a way Rahul did not.

Step V, the counter-attack begins. The crowd warms up. Amethi and Rao Bareli feel they might lose their use value and exchange value if the Gandhis lose. They could become anonymous areas again.

The Vadra charge is met by the Gautam Adani counter-attack. Vadra's rise to real estate is presented as puny next to the Adani acquisitions which it probably is. Once a comparison of ledgers begins, the game can swing back and forth. It becomes like a score card of points rather than any understanding of cronyism or corruption.

Step VI, the BJP has to be presented on the back-foot. Modi's comments on Priyanka are re-edited to become an object of mockery. P Chidambaram observes that Modi might treat her (Priyanka) as a daughter, but Priyanka might not reciprocate the feeling. Suddenly, the elite in its snobbery treats Modi as an upstart.

Step VII, a reverse of the previous one. Replay Congress as a suave entity but re-run BJP as a touch of crudeness. Luck plays the Priyanka way as Uma Bharti, out of touch with popular culture, compares Priyanka and with starlet Rakhi Sawant. Both are seen as similar for creating spectacles that demand attention. Poor Bharti, it is she who seems irrelevant. The bite is gone. There is only a desperation.

Meanwhile, television anchor Arnab Goswami harangues a Smriti Irani, Rahul's rival on television. When Irani warns him she is running out of fuel, he imperiously remarks, 'Electricity is a state responsibility, one cannot blame the local MP for it.'

Step VIII, the media moves with great speed converting a non-event called Priyanka into a real event. The new battle-lines are drawn with Priyanka leading the charge against Modi. It is a new politics, a new heroics -- the underdog recharged leading the Congress to battle. One can see such scripted variants on many channels.

Step IX, the media moves to target side shows. More useful than Uma Bharti is Baba Ramdev. Ramdev's attack on Rahul is re-read as an attack on Dalits. Rahul dissolves into the background as the politically correct ask for Ramdev's apology followed by his arrest. One then creates a new ambience of politics contrasting Modi's tiredness against Priyanka's freshness.

All one needs are cliches about her poise, her grace or to contend like born-again evangelists that she is a 'natural'. Youth, freshness, poise, grace -- adjectives showered on her like rose petals evoke Priyanka as the next Indira Gandhi. The charisma and message are clear.
We need to crush the power of these scoundrels who are supported with money bags from media, industry. I don't know how
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Think of this: When Modi reportedly says 'She is like a daughter to me,' he invokes a different protocol of behaviour, a different sanskar, she reads him literally and answers, 'I am Rajiv's daughter'. Quick, abrupt and emphatic. There is no yielding to any weakness.
modi did not "reportedly" say that. modi said something else that was misreported. it is quite easy to check what the facts are with a 2 min googal search.
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

vivek.rao wrote:Muraliraviji

Sir, may I suggest Hanuman chalisa to cure any dhoti shivering :mrgreen: This will be entirely in tune with NaMo's rise to power. I personally believe that BJP/NaMo will end between 235-242 seats, excluding SS, SAD, TDP etc.

If you wish to tonsure your head, please consider heading to Tirumala/Tiurpati to offer your kesha sampada to the Lord Of Seven Hills!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Gus wrote:
Think of this: When Modi reportedly says 'She is like a daughter to me,' he invokes a different protocol of behaviour, a different sanskar, she reads him literally and answers, 'I am Rajiv's daughter'. Quick, abrupt and emphatic. There is no yielding to any weakness.
modi did not "reportedly" say that. modi said something else that was misreported. it is quite easy to check what the facts are with a 2 min googal search.
Dumbness at its best. Thats why these Fake Gandhis feel like outsiders. Even if NaMo had said what is being attributed to him, Isn't it normal in India to make this comment towards younger girls/women.
Only a non-Indic person can retort like this. He was not claiming Mrs. Raabaart Vadra to be his long lost daughter in any case and media thinks that this woman can be be Pappu's replacement...

Only few times she has opened her mouth and all we have seen is vile and poison.
Anyways next time we hear her sob story would be outside Tihar jail while visiting hubby dear.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/4655 ... 37/photo/1

Aarti Gangaji ki before election day. Please pray, the future of Bharat is at stake
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Singha wrote:^^ Sufism

maybe. but see before B'ji did the Khulasa, pretty much ALL of brf had brought into the sufi / syncretic Kool-aid from the media and sarkari history.
There are many in South who would just cringe at the name of Islam. They don't care about Sufism, Shia, Sunni ityadi. All this Ganga-jamuna tehzeeb is not part of the narrative in South. Islam like Christianity was viewed as a monolithic entity. Their nuances were not discussed. People just hated those religions or just did not care.
Last edited by SwamyG on 12 May 2014 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anantha wrote:https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/4655 ... 37/photo/1

Aarti Gangaji ki before election day. Please pray, the future of Bharat is at stake
Islam ka Berra Ganga me Aa ke dooba orr Abb Nehrvian Pisslam ka berra bhi Ganga mey Doobega.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SwamyG wrote:
I think that would have further reduced congress tally as chances of a snafu would have been higher.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

INC, AAP, and other twitterati with secular feathers would on 16th be only tweeting about how NaMo failed to win Varanasi with a big margin!
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Kati wrote:My humble quochhen / sujjecchhon:
1. Amit Shar should stay as NaMo's chief of staff - dousing all fires, and throwing flames where needed. Don't bog him down with any ministry. he has a greater role to play - to make sure of a massive victory for BJP in 2019 so that relevant constitutional amendments can be done without any hitch. he also needs to take care of the DDm once and for all.

2. I'm a bit surprised that Asifa Khan is quiet. I thought she should be given a more visible role, or perhaps fielded as a candidate. BJP needs more people like her to smash all stereo-typing by foreign media. herself being a journalist should be given the role to interact with videshi journos.
Ambassador to khan?