Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Re: Exit Polls & Discussion 2014 Elections

Post by Pratyush »

I am simply amazed with the media's obsession with LKA. Do these jokers still think that LKA is going to be able to stop Modi.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Shamlee wrote:
What is MFN?

Dlbuji, ek aur baar ho jaay aapka anti-jinx!
Most favored Nation
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Whichever ministry the gang of yesteryear get none of them should be cabinet minister. I just dont trust them.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

All D4 will get ministries in the beginning (If they win) for sure. LKA may get something else to placate him.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

VikasRaina wrote:All D4 will get ministries in the beginning (If they win) for sure. LKA may get something else to placate him.
He will eventually become president after Mukherjee.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Vikas Saraswat ‏@VikasSaraswat 3h

Sushmaji should head the important Parliamentary affairs ministry. Her grace and clout with opposition would be a great asset
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

SS already playing her game, wants everything decided in the parliamentary board of the party. New power structure wherein she will have power without responsibility. Her utter failure to contribute to the nation win is simply is to be forgotten? This is entitlement of SS just like Rahul. ha ha ah in BJP it does not work.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

What happens if D4 losses the election?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

^^^ Outside BRF, there is no hate for SS or LKA or any support for D4 theory. RSS/BJP has chosen leader to best take things forward that it could find in given time.

It would be a mistake to assume that NaMo think the way BRF does about BJP
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

What happens if Narendra Modi is restricted to meagre 175 seats- Ashutosh Kumar

From karyakartas to netas, everyone in the Bharatiya Janata Party has been dreaming about 272 – the number of seats required in the Lok Sabha to stake claim to form a government. For the last few months, they have been living out this dream through a slew of props, such as 'Mission 272' badges, caps, and a website — Mission 272+. Now that eight crucial phases of the general elections have taken place, the discourse is gradually shifting to the number of seats the party will win.

Most political observers and commentators expect three likely scenarios for the BJP post-May 16. The first scenario predicts that the BJP will get about 240 seats, on the back of people's disgust with the Congress-rule, the corruption and rising prices in the last decade. The second scenario says the BJP will get between 205-210 seats, dented by the emergence of an alternative in the form of the Aam Aadmi Party. The third and the worst-case scenario for the BJP is if it gets 185-190 seats on the back of voters reposing faith in regional players.

Let us take the first scenario in which BJP, the lead partner of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), bags 240 seats. This will be possible only if the party bags at least 50 seats in Uttar Pradesh, 40 seats in Maharashtra and 25 in Bihar. Such a performance would vindicate the much-debated existence of a "Modi wave" and the Gujarat development model. Major NDA partners such as Shiv Sena in Maharashtra and Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra are contesting on 20 and 30 seats respectively. In short, NDA – the 29 party alliance — will then easily pull through.

In the second scenario, wherein the BJP gets about 210 seats, the party will have to demonstrate political craftsmanship in weaving an alliance by reaching out to partners. Not only will it have to reach out to existing partners, but also form new alliances. In this case, the BJP can go to AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa and YSR Congress' Jaganmohan Reddy besides erstwhile partners such as Naveen Patnaik of Biju Janata Dal (BJD). Jayalalithaa and Jagan will be to the BJP what Samajwadi Party and RJD are to the Congress, owing to the criminal cases pending against them.

Off the record, many political pundits claim that the third scenario is the most likeliest and that the BJP will be restricted to 175 seats. In this case, the BJP will have to reach out to the three ladies simultaneously — Jayalalithaa, Mayawati and Mamata Bannerjee.

"Mamata Banerjee will not support the BJP owing to the Modi factor," a political analyst told dna on condition of anonymity. "However, BJP will still try to form the government with 175 seats because it will send a wrong signal if they do not act then. There is a strong likelihood of Rajnath Singh and LK Advani coming together in such a scenario."

The third scenario will also drive the Congress to support a minority government from outside.

"With whatever numbers it will have, the Congress may then support a Third Front government from outside," another political commentator, Urmilesh, said.

In such a scenario, political parties such as BSP, SP, JD (U), Trinamool Congress, RJD and the Left will get outside support from the Congress on a secular platform. But will such a warring coalition work?
:mrgreen: :(( :(( :mrgreen:

Abki baar UPA sarkaar !!
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

we are doomed onlee :(( :((
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Narayana Rao wrote:SS already playing her game, wants everything decided in the parliamentary board of the party. New power structure wherein she will have power without responsibility. Her utter failure to contribute to the nation win is simply is to be forgotten? This is entitlement of SS just like Rahul. ha ha ah in BJP it does not work.
Parliamentary Elections are over. New Parliament means they need to form a new Parliamentary Board. There is absolutely no need to indulge Sussam Storm anymore. After this LS 2014 burst of NaMo's cosmic radiation, she is going to turn into Invisible Woman anyway.

The political capital from LS Elections belongs to Narendra Modi and Amit Shah as well as to regional leaders like Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Vasundhara Raje Scindia, Dr. Raman Singh, BS Yeddyurappa, Gopinath Munde, various Bihar leaders and to some extent those who helped put together the alliances.

Sushma Swaraj has nothing to show as her contribution in these elections apart from a couple of seats in Telangana and her own seat Vidisha.

Unlike LKA and MMJ, she does not belong to the old guard, who need to be shown respect as party tradition.

At the moment Sushma Swaraj is simply a Brahmin face and a woman face, which can be replaced by other Brahmin faces and other women leaders like Smriti Irani, Meenakshi Lekhi, Uma Bharti, Poonam Mahajan.

I really hope that women like Smriti Irani, Meenakshi Lekhi, Uma Bharti, Poonam Mahajan do get elected. Hema Malini and Kirron Kher would be good additions but basically at the moment they are only seen as glamour "girls".
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

What will happen if BJP gets 220 on its own ? And one of the NDA allies is struck by EVM lightning. This vichar has been coming and going in my head for some time since yesterdin. Congis would like this since it puts BJP in tight spot. I will watch RNDTV tonite to check if this scam is going to take place.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Sounds like the article came straight out of Ahmed Patel's office (or orifice). Is something cooking? Cong has been wet dreaming about offering outside support to third front govt. EVM magic? First Sheila Bhat's article in Rediff about RSS' assessment of BJP bagging 210 or so, now this charlatan lowering the bar to 175 ...

I can imagine the headlines already: "Exit polls proved wrong once again since EVMs were introduced; Modi's victory dance premature. Cong miraculously rises again in Sampat's office."
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vina wrote:
VikasRaina wrote:All D4 will get ministries in the beginning (If they win) for sure. LKA may get something else to placate him.
He will eventually become president after Mukherjee.
better him than that character ansari, desperate to become president.

ps
can we afford a president advani who will be close to 90 ??
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Sanku wrote:^^^ Outside BRF, there is no hate for SS or LKA or any support for D4 theory. RSS/BJP has chosen leader to best take things forward that it could find in given time.
Most of the like minded folks on twitter and SM share this view. It is not specific to BRF in fact it originated outside BRF.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I see it on twitter also.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Sanku wrote:^^^ Outside BRF, there is no hate for SS or LKA or any support for D4 theory. RSS/BJP has chosen leader to best take things forward that it could find in given time.

It would be a mistake to assume that NaMo think the way BRF does about BJP
I suppose 10 years of Vanavaas has caused such impression. I still remember Rath Yatra and when it was stopped in my state by someone who is now BJP candidate. tell me of quirk of fate.

I suspect many in brf , either RI or NRI, may not have seen those tumultuous years when Emergency was in force and IG was disqualified, lost election and first roots of opposition took power , went to election in short time and Punjab and assassination and Rajiv taking charge, Bofors, Mandal years, sale of gold, India in dire straits, PVNR, RJB and then this Rath Yatra.

It took BJP three elections to form a stable govt for five years. From 2 to 182 is the real story. And the next real story is unfolding now. I would not demean those leaders who have contributed to this country so much though we may not agree upon everything but then it is democracy.

NaMo is product of those hard toiling years, which is coming to fruition now.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Pratyush wrote:I am simply amazed with the media's obsession with LKA. Do these jokers still think that LKA is going to be able to stop Modi.
the expression "Clutching at the straws" is what describes them.

They know they are drowning. Sushma,Advani are their only hope
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Internet Hindoo ! ‏@DrShobha 1h

Sacchejansewak ki jeet tay @MaheishGirri is sweeping East Delhi constituency getting 50% votes polled Dixit on third spot Jai Ho !
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Dilbu wrote:I see it on twitter also.
Still mostly irrelevant I am afraid, RSS for one certainly does not share the feeling.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

All this ministry rumours are actually spread by Sushma,AJ camp thru friends in their media. Don't believe in any of that
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Funny that, Advani is the last hope of Secularists in India now :mrgreen:
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

RajeshA wrote:...
Sushma Swaraj has nothing to show as her contribution in these elections apart from a couple of seats in Telangana and her own seat Vidisha.
BJP is not winning any that has to do with Telangana, MP seat Secundrabad for example. They are doing good only places where there are large pocket of Muslims. In so-called core Telangana, they are drawing almost 0 considering results from recent Municipal and rural elections.

Looks like she will NOT have any temple built on her name. :D

I got jinx-flu. Well Modi will lose only. :(( :((
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 3h

He'll be needed in Delhi, say sources, hinting that @AmitShahOffice may play a crucial role either in BJP or in govt. http://goo.gl/vH4mnO
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Where BJP will lean towards in policy making will depend on where they place Amit Shah
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

chetak wrote:
better him than that character ansari, desperate to become president.

ps
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: . At 90 he is moping that he won't be PM! President is the right spot for him. And if he gets called by his maker, he goes as the first citizen!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ananya dasgupta ‏@ananyadg 2h

CNN-IBN's final post-poll projections tonight 7pm with @sardesairajdeep.Find out who's winning key swing states? #Verdict2014 @ibnlive
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

It would be very disappointing if NAMO brings back the team that people rejected in 2004. People don't want them, they want NAMO team.

I think tall leaders of BJP should be asked to work for party and tall leaders are:-
LKA
SS
AJ
MMS
yashwant Sinha
venkia naidu
Ananth kumar
Javedkar

BJP should induct

Meenakshi Lekhi
Piyush Goel
Amit Shah
Shaker Roy chaudhary
Mahesh jethmalani
Sushi modi
VKS
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:better him than that character ansari, desperate to become president.

ps
Advani plus Swaraj directly cost the BJP several seats by dilly dallying over Modi's PM ship wasting vital time, which could have been used to kick off the campaign earlier. Not to mention, completely mismanaging Karnataka and losing the BJP's hold in that state, costing it several more seats. Advani lost all the + points for RJB etc with all this & there are several sources as I recall, skeptical of his role even during that era. RSS folks appeared skeptical of both him & ABV.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Can anybody tell me when would the land price situation in Hyderabad stabilize - now that the partition of AP and elections are both over? When can we expect to see demand come back? 6 months? 1 year? 2 year?

I have a small piece of residential land that I have been trying to dispose off.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

vic wrote:It would be very disappointing if NAMO brings back the team that people rejected in 2004. People don't want them, they want NAMO team.

I think tall leaders of BJP should be asked to work for party and tall leaders are:-
LKA
SS
AJ
MMS
yashwant Sinha
venkia naidu
Ananth kumar
Javedkar

BJP should induct

Meenakshi Lekhi
Piyush Goel
Amit Shah
Shaker Roy chaudhary
Mahesh jethmalani
Sushi modi
VKS
Yashwant Sinha and Venkaiah Naidu don't belong in the list. They worked for NaMo and the campaign team & have credibility.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

SS has some dirty laundry to hide with regards to her involvement in KA internal politics specially when it comes to Reddy brothers. She is another hawa mein teer chodne types who needs to be dumped out of BJP ASAP. As for LKA what to say Allah maaf kare, jinnah ke sath kanche khelne ka time aa gaya hai.
Last edited by negi on 14 May 2014 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Yashwant Deshmukh ‏@cvoter 2h

Trend#1: Congress is heading for a virtual "Meltdown". They are staring at their worst-ever performance in history. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#2: BJP is cruising the anti-incumbency wave generated from Congress "Meltdown". Could get their best-ever numbers. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#3: Modi led BJP looks certain to cross 200 for the first time; the minimum range of number for NDA could be 245 seats . #ExitPollTop10

Trend#4: The 3rd front is non-starter; simply because they do not have the "critical-mass". Its just not taking off. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#5: Even the hypothetical "Grand" total of Congress + Regional parties is unlikely to cross 272 marks in practical way. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#6: The Jaya-Maya-Mamta axis is likely to have impressive presence in Lok Sabha. However Maya could perform below par. . #ExitPollTop10

Trend#7: The three Gentlemen from BJD; YSR and TRS could very well be the "extended" NDA regardless of majority numbers. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#8: Biggest dynamic shift in these elections is shifting of Dalit votes towards BJP/NDA This could be THE defining line. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#9: In terms of Vote share; AAP making impressive impact in many states. Could "officially" get National Party status. #ExitPollTop10

Trend#10: UP & Bihar will be back in their "Kingmaker" role after a long time; along with really critical "North-East". #ExitPollTop10
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

moving to proper thread
pankajs wrote:
Pawan Durani ‏@PawanDurani 1h

Rumors doing the round that " Metro Man" ie Elattuvalapil Sreedharan is going to be the next Railway Minister in cabinet of @narendramodi
This is a great idea, but what about integrating the Railways, Shipping, Road and Civil Aviation Ministries into a single ministry of transportation? I feel that the need of the hour is efficiency and synergy in infrastructure development, esp. given the lost decade. Its important that maximum return be obtained from the resources and time spent on these projects... On top of that, having a single ministry would make it easier for companies with complex proposals (such as developing a shipping terminal in conjunction with railway/highway access) to get clearances. I feel that E Sreedharan would be great for a new ministry such as this, given his background in both rail and shipping.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Gen VK Singh as Defence Minister!!! He is going to make mince meat out of Suhag.

As DM he will carry out a jihad against the old gang that denied him the COAS extension. They will be wondering if it would have been better to let him continue at that time. At least he would not have joined politics :P
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

How is NDA going to get laws passed in the Rajya Sabha when then won't have majority there for a long time? Is there any provision for laws to be only passed in the Lok Sabha and even if it does not pass in the Rajya Sabha, send it to the President anyway?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

abhischekcc wrote:Gen VK Singh as Defence Minister!!! He is going to make mince meat out of Suhag.

As DM he will carry out a jihad against the old gang that denied him the COAS extension. They will be wondering if it would have been better to let him continue at that time. At least he would not have joined politics :P
He will do no such thing.

He is a responsible and decisive nationalist, knowledgeable and result oriented.

Under performing Heads of PSUs and DRDO will be made to shape up or ship out. He will look after the Armed Forces the way that that other countries do and they in turn will respond more than willingly.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

merlin wrote:How is NDA going to get laws passed in the Rajya Sabha when then won't have majority there for a long time? Is there any provision for laws to be only passed in the Lok Sabha and even if it does not pass in the Rajya Sabha, send it to the President anyway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajya_Sabha