BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by SaiK »

I think dilbu can rest now and join the mainstream politics! :D
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Lots of hilarious RG Disappearing Act jokes floating around social media. Collecting a few for jingoes' enjoyment.

1. Rahul Gandhi has taken an oath to not have dinner until Congress forms govt.

2. Statement from Rahul Gandhi explaining his absence at PM farewell dinner.
"I didn't go as dinner was not at a Dalit home" #RahulSkipsDinner

3. #RahulGandhi still campaining in amethi

4. Sonia worried adopted son kejri ke baad apna #RahulGandhi bhi bhagora nikla

5. Breaking News!! Rahul Gandhi spotted outsd Cambridge. Planing to cm bak only after completing his degree. Good News! We ain't seein him nymr

6. Modi goes to work and Rahul goes on holiday... thank god we made the right choice #Rahulskipsdinner
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

Rahul in Spain on vacation surfing the Modi wave
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

@Shaktimaan, another one.

Sonia ka bhagode lal, ek rahul ek kejriwal.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Nice one :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

vivek.rao wrote: PAPPU is no threat. He will parachute again into Delhi,MH election next and talks BS about Modi and goes away. modi will chew him and spit out.
Pappu is always a threat because there always exists some family sycophants who want to put him on throne.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

chaanakya wrote:And Indian Express Talks of UPA-III jus as it talked about Army Coup last time.

Posting it here so that we don;t miss it on 16th.

Congress debating idea of ‘enlarged’ UPA-III to stop Modi
Then the enlarged UPA must include BJP to get a majority.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

I am sure the enlarged UPA is enlarged with unreleased gas of people like Sanjay Jha with a silent t and Manish tiwari

Ab ki bar Namo sarkar
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Ab kiya...3 terms and then more BJP rule! No congress-left near centre ever again, hopefully.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

should be enough to give nightmare to Rajdeep
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

LOL

Imagine Shaghareeekha's face the abomination on Hajdeep's fake encounter ordered by Kali daadi and safed daadi
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

RamaY wrote:Pappu is always a threat because there always exists some family sycophants who want to put him on throne.
pappu is asset who must be saved for longevity of BJP, we shd trend #pappuforcongress
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

reg hostile ELM, cutting access and setting the tax investigators after them should be a good start. these should be done in a no nonsense style with less leeway for the ELM to go hysterical with dramabazi about press freedom.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Here is one thing that is really stop NaMo from catering to all the great ideas we have on BRF.

NDA has only 64 Rajya Sabha members but needs 126 to pass bills. And BJP is not going to get enough RS MPs for a long time to come!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Thats OK. They can pass those bills taht are useful to majority and build the base.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Karan M wrote:Ab kiya...3 terms and then more BJP rule! No congress-left near centre ever again, hopefully.
Only true if Modi expors his Gujarat Model to all BJP constituency that won a seat for him.

#pappuforcongress can backfire, if you don't handle the basics. I would focus on the manifestos.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Rajesh: Only Rahul needs Bills. For SOMe of those great ideas, Modi does not need Bills. Initially Congress will fight tooth and nail and try to discredit Modi. But once the people start seeing the benefits, the image of Modi will increase; and public pressure can be used to bring the RS MPs in line. Sabar karo ji.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

RajeshA wrote:Here is one thing that is really stop NaMo from catering to all the great ideas we have on BRF.

NDA has only 64 Rajya Sabha members but needs 126 to pass bills. And BJP is not going to get enough RS MPs for a long time to come!
However if Rajya Sabha does not pass a non-financial bill, which the Lok Sabha has passed, then there is a joint-session of Parliament. So if NaMo has overwhelming majority in Lok Sabha plus the 64 in Rajya Sabha, then still bills can be passed.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

@RajeshA @atri

A babu from North Block told me few days back that Sangh's clothing & appearance needs relook and needs to be made more acceptable for current gen , many padha likha elite uber youth want to join but are prevented by appearance
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

RajeshA wrote:
However if Rajya Sabha does not pass a non-financial bill, which the Lok Sabha has passed, then there is a joint-session of Parliament. So if NaMo has overwhelming majority in Lok Sabha plus the 64 in Rajya Sabha, then still bills can be passed.
Can you give some numbers? Would this require 50% of joint session? Is that 50% of voting or 50% of total strength?

EDIT: found some info in wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_session#India
In India, if a bill has been rejected by any house of the parliament and more than six months have lapsed, the President may summon a joint session for passing the bill. The bill is passed by simple majority of a joint sitting. Since the lower house (Lok Sabha) has more than twice the members in upper house,[2][3] group commanding majority in lower house, the Government of India, can get such a bill passed evn if it was rejected by the upper house.

So far, only three bills (the Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961, the Banking Service Commission Repeal Bill, 1978 and the Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002) have been passed at joint sessions. Though, the joint session have been called for four times, fourth time in 2008 for the Women Reservation bill, but it could not be passed.[1][4]
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

As far as I'm aware, it is simple majority of those present and voting in the joint session, with the presiding person - Lok Sabha speaker - offering their vote as the tiebreaker if needed.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Official reference

http://rajyasabha.nic.in/rsnew/faq/freaq1.asp
Is any deadlock between the two Houses possible?

Ans: Yes. In the case of Bills, a disagreement between the two Houses may arise when a Bill passed by one House is rejected by the other House; or the Houses have finally disagreed as to the amendments to be made in the Bill; or more than six months lapse from the date of the reception of the Bill by the other House without the Bill being passed by it.

What is the mechanism for resolving the deadlock between the two Houses?

Ans: A joint sitting of the Houses is convened for this purpose. In the case of Money Bills, there is no question of a deadlock as the Rajya Sabha has a limited say in such matters. There is no provision for a joint sitting in case of a deadlock over a Constitution Amendment Bill.

How many joint sittings of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha have been convened so far?

Ans: In the history of Parliament of India, there have been three occasions when both Houses of Parliament held a joint sitting to resolve deadlock on Bills between them, i.e.,

6 and 9 May 1961 on the Dowry Prohibition Bill, 1959;
17 May 1978 on the Banking Service Commission (Repeal) Bill, 1977; and
26 March 2002 on the Prevention of Terrorism Bill, 2002.
This is cool, if NDA manages 300+ as Amit Shah predicts, rest can be managed to get to ~334. There will be no one stopping Modi's plans.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Suraj wrote:As far as I'm aware, it is simple majority of those present and voting in the joint session, with the presiding person - Lok Sabha speaker - offering their vote as the tiebreaker if needed.
Thanks. This is better than US in some ways. Seems Constitutional Amendments can't be done this way.

I think most of the development/financing issues can be addressed through money bills and only LS matters for those.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

filibustering is something we don't need advice about.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Constitutional amendments cannot be achieved through a joint sitting. Both houses need to separately pass it. Some amendments need a simple majority. Others need half of total seats plus 2/3rds of present and voting, for both houses. A final category also requires half of state legislatures to approve it, in addition to 2/3rds of both houses of central parliament.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

IndraD wrote:@RajeshA @atri

A babu from North Block told me few days back that Sangh's clothing & appearance needs relook and needs to be made more acceptable for current gen , many padha likha elite uber youth want to join but are prevented by appearance
I have said the same thing to some BR members, who are also Sanghis, in person. A light blue full pant with blue T shirt might work wonders
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ooh that is good.. it can turn the whole kirrikatting crowd into war fronts.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Rajya Sabha votes can be managed for important bills by throwing some crumbs at parties like SP, BSPTMC, DMK, ADMK, BJP etc in the form of sanction of some pet projects or some financial package. So nothing is impossible.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

RS is for 6 years. so some states will come into play within couple of years? can't find the term schedule info on wiki.

plus there's admk 7, bjd 6 and independents 9 and nominees 9 (including sachin - the great congress campaigner in chief :lol: )

OT - among the myriad election CTs, that was the most bizarre dhoti shiver CT of all.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Gus wrote:RS is for 6 years. so some states will come into play within couple of years? can't find the term schedule info on wiki.
This is the statewise list with the retirement dates. http://164.100.47.5/NewMembers/RetLMemState.aspx

I don't think anyone is retiring before 2016. If I remember my civics correctly one-third should retire then.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

RamaY wrote:dinchika dinchika dinchaaa... dinchiki dinchiki dinchiki dinchaa...

Modi will lose onlee :((

Request for Mods: If Modi wins tomorrow, request you to increase number of warnings required to ban from 3 to 4.

P.S: We should have a referendum AAP style to select number of warnings to ban. Can I start a poll on that?
Please also send SMS to all mods after depositing Rs.10/- with your local talati for each SMS you send.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

:rotfl:
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

RajeshA wrote:Pappu would for a long time not be showing his face. I wonder if he would even come back for swearing in as MP!
Rahul G is like the Turkish sultans of yore. Most were mentally insane and confined to the luxuries of their palace and harems while the Valide sultan, the chief white enuch (Kapi agasi), and the caliph ran the show. Congress is something similar; ecosystem of sycophants who keep the Family facade alive so that they can run the show from behind. Nicely reported here:

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/the-i ... 82659.html
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I maded 15 mirchi bajjis for tomorrow and SHQ ated 6 of them :(( and I couldn't stop munching 4 of them. Now I am left with only 5 bajjis for tomorrow :(( :((
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like LKA and SS dont want to work under Modi. So they want some other position. Only one is Speaker. Hence the rumors about competing for speaker.
Good chance that both wont be in Cabinet. They don't want to work for their 'junior'.

Most likely LKA will be speaker and upon Prnab Mukherjee retiring and good behavior by LKA in meantime and health he can be made President. SS can be made VP at same time.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

MurthyB wrote:
RajeshA wrote:Pappu would for a long time not be showing his face. I wonder if he would even come back for swearing in as MP!
Rahul G is like the Turkish sultans of yore. Most were mentally insane and confined to the luxuries of their palace and harems while the Valide sultan, the chief white enuch (Kapi agasi), and the caliph ran the show. Congress is something similar; ecosystem of sycophants who keep the Family facade alive so that they can run the show from behind. Nicely reported here:

GD's story is accurate in his depiction of the Prince!!!!
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Ache din aane waale hain
Modi effect
Amul to set up 200 cr dairy plant in Varanasi
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Ramana garu, you beat me to it! I was just about to comment that GD's story has readership in very high places :) The prince is playing to the script.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

ramana wrote:
MurthyB wrote:

GD's story is accurate in his depiction of the Prince!!!!

That is an understatement. His description of Shehzada is pixel perfect, nothing less.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

ramana wrote:Looks like LKA and SS dont want to work under Modi. So they want some other position. Only one is Speaker. Hence the rumors about competing for speaker.
Good chance that both wont be in Cabinet. They don't want to work for their 'junior'.

Most likely LKA will be speaker and upon Prnab Mukherjee retiring and good behavior by LKA in meantime and health he can be made President. SS can be made VP at same time.
Can't we send her out country as Ambassador?