Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

BijuShet
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by BijuShet »

devesh wrote:
sooraj wrote:India's meat sector nervous over nationalist party victory in election
http://www.globalmeatnews.com/Industry- ... n-election
This is stupid. Lots of people eat meat now. And meat has been human food since the beginning of man. I don't think BJP or RSS support such nonsensical ideas.
I think the fear is over Cow meat i.e. beef exports.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

no faces what so ever, not even the prince's
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Singha wrote:ok lets keep this thread open as a long term thread then, to discuss Namo politics after the election results and cabinet formation threads are closed around may20.

you boys want it so I will bow to public demand and let this thread reach 1000s of pages and crash the brf server
You are a hero. Thanks. :)
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

Aditya_V wrote:getting nervous, AIDMK 32 + TMC 31 + YSRC 14+ TRS 12+ CPIM 17 + SP 15 + BSP 20 + INC 120+ PDP 2+ NC 5+ BJD 13+ RJD 12, this election is close, Media is deliberately focusing on BJP reparations hoping for a snub or talking out the fun of NDA victory.
Saar that doesnt add up . Regional Parties will gain seats at the expense of Congress. So It will be below 100 onlee :D
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I am getting so nervous. This wasnt the feeling in 2004 and 2009. Things are different now. As far as my memory goes this is a unique election.

Hope for the best. chaddi shivering...
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

that is because there was no modi and no one had any expectations
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

TodaysChanakya Exit poll for Seema Andhra

Parliament;

BJP+TDP Seats: 16 (+/- 3) VP: 44% (+/- 3)
YSRP Seats: 9 (+/- 3) VP: 40% (+/- 3)

Assembly Shocker

BJP+TDP Seats: 80 (+/- 9) VP: 45% (+/- 3)
YSRP Seats: 90 (+/- 9) VP: 46% (+/- 3)
Too close to call: 5
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

My old retired in-laws are in big tension. Their tension has reached to a point that tomorrow SHQ has to go to their place to give company and monitor vital health parameters. God forbid if bjp doesnt get majority then I am concerned for their health. So much for the country and that one bearded man.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NDTV ‏@ndtv 2h

Secular Parties Should Combine With Mamata Banerjee as Leader: Congress' Rashid Alvi http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... lvi-524948
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

rohitv wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:getting nervous, AIDMK 32 + TMC 31 + YSRC 14+ TRS 12+ CPIM 17 + SP 15 + BSP 20 + INC 120+ PDP 2+ NC 5+ BJD 13+ RJD 12, this election is close, Media is deliberately focusing on BJP reparations hoping for a snub or talking out the fun of NDA victory.
Saar that doesnt add up . Regional Parties will gain seats at the expense of Congress. So It will be below 100 onlee :D
All of the above adds up to 203 seats. If all of them come together in one-single-party (AIADMK+BSP+TMC, BSP+SP, YSRC+TRS, PDP+NC) - I would actually once look forward to that coalition headed by pink-chaddi-vadra!
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

BijuShet wrote: I think the fear is over Cow meat i.e. beef exports.
Well, you think wrong. Cow meat export is banned even today. What happens now is Water Buffalo meat exports and is growing. The trouble is that the VHP type semi literates, campaigned for "Cow Progeny" ,which any biologist will tell is rubbish, because buffaloes and cows are different species. Cows descend from the now extinct Aurochs, while the Buffalo is different.

Even otherwise, Hinduism, prohibits only eating of cow meat. Buffaloes were ritually killed all over India on Vijay Dashami, in Jaislamer fort, the king shoots an arrow into a tethered buffalo and the animal is then killed, all this cruelty was put to an end by Indira Gandhi , thankfully, the practice still continues in Nepal iirc, my Grandpa used to tell me stories of this when ai was a kid. And also traditionally. Newari cuisine has buffalo meat as a significant part of their diet, including stuff like tail and spine and of course buffalo testicles as show in the Indiana Jones movie (don't remember the name, but the villain invoke Kali Maa all the time) , that scene was banned in India, but that diet part is true in Nepal.

So really , the VHP type purists should loosen up and get off their high horse and stop trying to interfere with people's dietary and other private preferences.
member_28468
BRFite

Post by member_28468 »

Pls lock it after modi victory ...
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ If Vina ji had shown similar zest and energy to point out more serious issues that plague India and society in general from other regions of the religious fabric perhaps I would have taken above post seriously; VHP/RSS have an ideology and are free to have an opinion as long as it is not violent or causes anyone grievous harm it can be debated in civilized circles however you only get worked up when Sri Ram sene/RSS/VHP/SS fall out of line . God knows that in this country if you were to use a common yardstick for every religious institute then RSS/VHP would come out as clean as white snow. All in all even if there is any merit in your argument ; when I take into account $hite like SIMI, AAP, EJs masquerading as NGOs I will lend the sanghis a longer rope to keep the playing field even. "Aag ko pani ka bhay hona chahiye" (Fire needs to be wary of the water).

Besides Nakli Sardar and his fellow psychophants have taken our exports down the toilet in core areas , meat export is just a drop in the ocean.
Last edited by negi on 15 May 2014 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^negi saab, chillax.

The gent in Q is an old shoot-n-scoot veteran. One can do better than bite the bait in this instance, IMVVHO. Just yawn and move on only.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the number of buffaloes ritually killed is minuscule compared to the number of goats and pigeons in the same such temples. secondly I dont think the meat of such sacrificial buffalo is eaten, only some of the blood is used as offering...atleast thats the scene in the couple of temples in assam that do it. I dont know if buffalo meat as such is regular part of diet of any hindus in India other than in kerala.

so buffalo meat being eaten widely by hindus in india is not true and cannot be claimed as a legal crutch to kill millions of them for export to the hungry meat eaters worldwide.

nor is it true that there are no other sources of meat here - india must be one of largest poultry farmers for chicken and goats/sheep too. fish is there for those who want.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

How Modi made Gujarat flourish with funds from Delhi
From the rooftop of his two-storeyed house, Rajendra Sinh Vaghela, a farmer, points to all the pucca houses that have come up in the village of Bol since the state industrial agency bought land from the farmers in 2010.

He rattles off the names of all the factories - Colgate, Hitachi Hi-Rel, Ford - that surround the village. His elder son, who is 21, has just woken up at midday after having worked a late shift at a vendor plant that supplies gearboxes for the Nano.

Vaghela and his brother sold 40 bighas of land where the Ford factory now sits. The government paid them Rs 28.56 lakh a bigha, making them crorepatis overnight.

But, Vaghela alternately revels in the new wealth and feels burdened by it. "We had never operated a bank account," he says.
All the money is Gandhi log ka baap ka hain... Delhiwale diya o paisa :rotfl:
The day before I visited Sanand, the Indian Express quoted an engineer in Gujarat State Electricity Corporation crediting the funds from the central government's Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana for the achievement of rural electrification.

Indeed, Gujarat's success in the past decade is because it has taken the money the centre is disbursing and adroitly made economic (and political) capital of it.

More baap ka maal :mrgreen:
A businessman and long-term resident of Vadodara, TNC Rajagopalan, says that the Modi government has benefited from the large transfer of funds from the central government in the past decade on everything from highways and rural road projects to urban renewal and rural electrification.

Gujarat's agriculture in the past several years has also seen a huge boost from the wide availability of water as a result of the Sardar Sarovar dam project.

Driving from Ahmedabad to Vadodara through lush fields and the occasional banana plantations feels almost akin to a journey through Kerala.

"Modi has been lucky but you can't deny him the credit," says Rajagopalan. "He made a success (of disbursements from the centre) and others didn't."
A senior civil servant in the state administration says that Gujarat's success in acquiring large tracts of land in places like Sanand is because it pays the market price and involves state regulators from the very beginning.

"A regulator comes to the meetings and says, 'This is possible, this is not possible.' My experience is that investors like that," he says.

"Government here is quite egalitarian - by which I mean there is greater accessibility to the public and to business."
He points to the state's ability to partner with countries like Japan - whose external trade agency has a local office - and Canada at one level while pushing civil servants to meet farmers and educationists in an outreach in districts that lasts for three days every year at another.
Vyas, who has worked with Modi since 1991 and is a member of the state finance commission, says a key part of Modi's modus operandi is to prevent MLAs and their flunkeys from harassing officials.

Modi's other principal strength is an ability to run efficient meetings. "In meetings, he will ignore digressions altogether. I have never seen a more focused person," Vyas says.

When Modi led the Bharatiya Janata Party assembly poll campaign in the '90s, Vyas recalls that Modi spoke to each of the candidates between 5 am and 8 am every morning.

A partiality for overly large industrial estates with reliable electricity and roads, an ability to run a profitable public sector and a disregard for human rights concerns and media criticism mark Modi as being more in the mould of Chinese leaders.
When the industrial corridor between Delhi and Mumbai was first being discussed, Modi was the lone chief minister who reportedly asked Amitabh Kant, who was then heading the project, whether Gujarat could offer more land.

But, land acquisition in Gujarat is now proving more problematic as the state is caught between the claws of higher expectations of land prices from farmers and their unwillingness to part with fertile fields and industry's belief that the price the Gujarat government charges for land in industrial estates is too high.

Last August, the state government had to massively reduce the size of the investment region in Mandal Becharaji in Mehsana to a fifth of its original size of 50,000 hectares after the majority of the 44 village bodies in the area opposed the plan.

In an investment region in Dholera, memoranda of understanding were signed with companies three years ago, but the project is still stuck at the land acquisition stage.
As in China where the west has struggled while coastal regions boomed, Gujarat too has witnessed uneven development, particularly in central and south Gujarat where tribals live.

In Ahmedabad, it is hard not to be shocked by the number of adivasis living a destitute existence on the street, having sought to flee their high indebtedness in the countryside for a supposedly better existence in the city.

"The adivasis in Gujarat are still very undernourished," says Yoginder Alagh, a former union minister in the Deve Gowda government in the '90s and agricultural economist.

Alagh says the poverty rate among tribals in Gujarat is higher than that in states like Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

dna ‏@dna 1h

BJP files complaint over inflammatory SMSes allegedly circulated to instigate riots http://dnai.in/cdab
Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 1h

Now IB confirms my warning-- likelihood of communal riots in congress & it's allies ruled states in areas with Muslim population.
Last edited by pankajs on 15 May 2014 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

cross posting from AAP thread.

nageshks wrote:
JE Menon wrote: But both can do without the "Sangh". And the Sangh can do without both.
Don't know about that JEM saar. If Sangh does not campaign for the BJP, I doubt that it will cross 100 seats. Last time, they left LKA to do what he would and you saw the result.
I will agree with this. I know first hand how RSS Shakha members fanned out in villeges to spread NaMo mantra. Without that kind of organisational support BJP would have difficult tast. Further I believe that , even though people were unhappy with BJP leadership ( and make no mistake about it) and candidate selection locally, they voted for Modi as PM. That is the difference this time. It is neither BJP sarkar not local MP's sarkar. Janta will look up to NaMo to deliver. NaMo has been asked to talk to Sri Bhagwat directly without any intermediary so there is no doubt about NaMo affiliation. He remains a Pracharak to this day. Once a Pracharak always a Pracharak. All others are irrelevantly relevant only.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

if the legend that RKM turned away NaMo twice because according to them he is destined to play more important role in life, is true, then NaMo should visit RKM in Bengal once he is anointed. The effect on local population will be tremendous.
Last edited by SRoy on 15 May 2014 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
member_28359
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28359 »

pankajs wrote:
NDTV ‏@ndtv 2h

Secular Parties Should Combine With Mamata Banerjee as Leader: Congress' Rashid Alvi http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... lvi-524948

You know before I read the whole news I double checked to see if this was real or fake. Are these guys crazy or what........
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 1h

Why such fuss about Rahul's disappearance? he's been doing this every second week. that's why my RTI query abt his foreign trips was blocked
Sucheta Dalal ‏@suchetadalal 1h

@madhukishwar The corporate grapevine used to mention private planes of different industrialists at various times- a steel king for long
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

SRoy wrote:if the legend that RKM turned away NaMo twice because according to them he is destined to play more important role in life, then NaMo should visit RKM in Bengal once he is anointed. The effect on local population will be tremendous.
+1. I hear that he started growing his beard after the second time he was declined because the head of the RKM order anointed him a sadhu and 'allowed' him to have a beard like one.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Hari Seldon wrote: P.S. Notice the FULL padmasana, something moi haven't been able to do in decades now...
RMisq moment with advanced apologies to Rahul Mehtaji.

Full Padmasana combined with white shirt means whole BJP became Christianized & submitted to MNCs.

:mrgreen:
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Was this posted?

http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/15/i ... 23678.html
Ishrat Jahan encounter case: CBI court dismisses plea against Amit Shah

A CBI court on Thursday rejected a plea seeking to name BJP leader Amit Shah and former Ahmedabad police commissioner KR Kaushik as accused in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case.

The plea was filed by Gopinath Pillai, father of Pranesh Pillai alias Javed Sheikh who was among four persons, including Ishrat, who were killed in alleged staged encounter on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June 15, 2004.

The Special CBI Judge Geeta Gopi dismissed the plea, saying the statements in the CBI chargesheet cannot be considered sufficient to arraign Shah and Kaushik as accused and the plea cannot be granted at this stage.

It was rejected after the investigating agency filed an affidavit in reply on May 7 before the court giving a ‘clean chit’ to Amit Shah citing lack of evidence against him.

Though the probe agency has filed a supplementary chargesheet, the court has not taken its cognisance as the CBI did not submit the Home Ministry’s nod to prosecute officers named in it.

The statements cannot be taken into account until they become part of court inquiry, the court said.

In the chargesheet, statements of certain witnesses and accused IPS officers allegedly indicated involvement of Shah and Kaushik in the case.

The CBI had also said that there was no evidence against Kaushik to show his involvement in the encounter and so he was made a witness in the case.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

IndraD wrote:now some one claiming to be insider tweeting RSS never wanted Modi to be PM
For every big hurdle from inside the party, be it Advani ji's resignation on NaMo being chosen PM candidate in Goa to MMJ not vacating Kashi seat, it was Shri Mohan Bhagwat who himself went and persuaded these two to fall in line with party and RSS' decision.

Without RSS and Sh. Mohan Bhagwat congis would have split BJP like they've been doing other parties like janata party between charan singh & morarji or between vp singh and chandrasekhar. It is the selfless RSS and its Pramukh who has stood there protecting BJP & NaMo from such evils.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Damn, I'm getting a bit concerned about all the premature celebrations... Inshallah, no one will jinx it.

Dilbu where are you?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Atri wrote:hmmmm...

Actually, I am quite nervous right now.. though assured, memories of 2004 and 09 still haunt. hope the night passes swiftly..
Hee hee hee!!! I remember when Sunil Gavaskar was about to score his 10000th run, playing against pakistan the same kind of nervousness.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ABP News ‏@abpnewstv 1h

Delhi: Rajnath Singh meets LK Advani. Advani ready to be LS speaker, Sushma is not ready to accept a place in Modi’s cabinet – Sources
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

I really doubt whether Buffalo meat is part of staple diet of Indians save for certain areas like Kerala or some states/regions in NE.

Having lived in cities with large Muslims population in UP, I've seen Buffalo meat being used extensively - from your meat shops to road-side kebab seller. But even here, local meat shops don't carry buffalo meat - you'd need to go to Muslim areas to get the same. I know some friends who used to eat kebabs at these joints as they were cheaper as compared to mutton/chicken ones. But this was done surreptitiously as any knowledge back home would mean thrashing from parents.

And ritualistic sacrifice of animals has gone down big time - Singha could tell us more about the Kamakhya Temple near Guwahati. From a time when one literally had a river of blood flowing from animal sacrifice, we now have people largely releasing pigeons. Even people voluntarily don't wan't to indulge in sacrifice - it is more of a society thing than strictly religious and people will find their level.

I think Punjab has large meat factories exporting 'beef' but one would be hard pressed to find meat joints selling this 'beef' locally.

Check this link - http://www.mirhaexports.com/about.html
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

they should ask her to clarify, whether modi's govt or BJP/NDA govt
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Kinda of nervous too...well dhoti shivering actually. All this talk of Didi, Turd front, Amma expelling partyman, TRS chi-chi-ing Modi etc is pointing to something ominous to me. If even one of the exit polls is correct i will take it.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Turdesai is Hoping for a Miracle
http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/r ... 19591.aspx

He failes to recognise that it is a verdict of Public and he insults with impunity. moron should know that it was Janta that wanted to Make NaMo PM.
Barring a miracle, at some stage on Friday, Narendra Modi will be poised to fulfil his long-cherished ambition of being the next prime minister. Yes, exit polls have a spotty record in the country, but unless we have all got it horribly wrong, there is no reason to believe that there isn’t a Modi ‘wave’ in large parts of the country, if not a tsunami. When Modi writes his blog and thanks the Indian voter, here are a few more thank you cards he should send out.
And here is his gripe. He pimped for Congis while others fell by way side. This turd dosn'e know that NaMo did not claim credit for Amul, he gave credit to Gujrati enterprising character. And he still has temerity to term Gujrat achievement as half truths and clever marketing. Don't know what should be in store for such pimps.
The final thank you card should be sent to the media: Never before have the Indian media been so open about their role as a political cheerleader. Instead of a serious interrogation of the Gujarat model of development, a powerful section of the media allowed Modi to get away with a mix of genuine achievement, clever marketing and half truths. When Modi, for example, almost claimed credit for Gujarat’s ‘White revolution’, the media even forgot to remind him of a certain Verghese ‘Amul’ Kurien. In the making of Brand Modi, the man from Vadnagar owes a huge debt to the media. - See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/comment/r ... Tsvtk.dpuf
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

pankajs wrote:
ABP News ‏@abpnewstv 1h

Delhi: Rajnath Singh meets LK Advani. Advani ready to be LS speaker, Sushma is not ready to accept a place in Modi’s cabinet – Sources
Sushma is not ready to accept a place in Modi’s cabinet - Great news! What is the problem?

Sge can be asked to head Haryana CM if she can win there. Do something useful in life lady!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

14 yo namo in a school play

namo and lka on a train

childhood pics of namo

Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Am sure Seemandhra governorship would be available in sometime.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

NaMo seems to be playing shivaji in school drama.. :D
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the bjp grew only after modi's arrival. they can stfu and relax and watch the show
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

chaanakya wrote:extraordinarily hilarious
morem wrote:I actually read the first one yesterday , good stuff :D
Thanks Chaanakya & Morem!

(New spoof from today) BREAKING: Early election results declared! Kejriwal sweeps TIME constituency
(Tweet link) https://twitter.com/VogonPoem/status/466960456234848256

Disclosure: its slightly old wine in new bottle
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

In an interview (either with Zee or with Ghoshana patra) during the middle phase of election, Modi expressed his ultimate frustration with 'news traders' by saying " tumko bhagawan bhi maaf nahin karega."

I am absolutely sure Modi won't be vindictive or will try to teach these presstitutes a lesson. I presume he will have no time for all this given how serious he takes his challenge of nation building.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

While hoping for a Modi win, it will still be only the first (though enabling) step. The next two years or so are going to be tough for Indians, regardless. With Modi at the helm, it will get better - but everybody will have to play their role to pull the country through.

India won her body back in 1947 (or a good chunk of it, at any rate). India could well win her soul back tomorrow. But the next two years will see a tough fight to keep the two together.