Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

krisna
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by krisna »

Shibbering in my lungi :((
NaMo Namah.

Nightout today - gujju snacks beside me.
Shq angry as usual :rotfl:
debadutta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by debadutta »

ashthor wrote:Bad shock. People mostly wanted Naveen for CM and Modi for pm even among BJD supporters.

People were told to press the buttons the (state) couch and the padma(national). But while voting one had to vote for national poll first then the state so its padma and couch. The opposite of what had been told. It is causing lot of anxiety to people.

5-7 seats for BJP and for the assembly poll BJP might have more seats than the congress.
Find that hard to believe. Even in 2009 state and national elections were held simultaneously in Odisha. So people are used to voting once for state and once for center . I guess we will just have to wait till tomorrow to get the real picture .
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

SaiK wrote:the bjp grew only after modi's arrival. they can stfu and relax and watch the show
Yes, this will be a NaMo win (if it happens), not a BJP win. BJP without NaMo was lost and floundering.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

शान्ताकारं भुजगशयनं पद्मनाभं सुरेशं
विश्वाधारं गगनसदृशं मेघवर्ण शुभाङ्गम् ।
लक्ष्मीकान्तं कमलनयनं योगिभिर्ध्यानगम्यम्
वन्दे विष्णुं भवभयहरं सर्वलोकैकनाथम् ॥

1: (Salutations to Sri Vishnu) Who has a Serene Appearance, Who Rests on a Serpent (Adisesha), Who has a Lotus on His Navel and Who is the Lord of the Devas,
2: Who Sustains the Universe, Who is Boundless and Infinite like the Sky, Whose Colour is like the Cloud (Bluish) and Who has a Beautiful and Auspicious Body,
3: Who is the Husband of Devi Lakshmi, Whose Eyes are like Lotus and Who is Attainable to the Yogis by Meditation,
4: Salutations to That Vishnu Who Removes the Fear of Worldly Existence and Who is the Lord of All the Lokas.

India marches on...Cant wait for Namo to give speech from Lal killa on 15th August.
Last edited by amdavadi on 15 May 2014 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

rohitvats wrote:I really doubt whether Buffalo meat is part of staple diet of Indians save for certain areas like Kerala or some states/regions in NE.

Having lived in cities with large Muslims population in UP, I've seen Buffalo meat being used extensively - from your meat shops to road-side kebab seller. But even here, local meat shops don't carry buffalo meat - you'd need to go to Muslim areas to get the same. I know some friends who used to eat kebabs at these joints as they were cheaper as compared to mutton/chicken ones. But this was done surreptitiously as any knowledge back home would mean thrashing from parents.

And ritualistic sacrifice of animals has gone down big time - Singha could tell us more about the Kamakhya Temple near Guwahati. From a time when one literally had a river of blood flowing from animal sacrifice, we now have people largely releasing pigeons. Even people voluntarily don't wan't to indulge in sacrifice - it is more of a society thing than strictly religious and people will find their level.

I think Punjab has large meat factories exporting 'beef' but one would be hard pressed to find meat joints selling this 'beef' locally.

Check this link - http://www.mirhaexports.com/about.html
In Bengal animal sacrifice particularly goat used to be common at Kali temples but now its mostly symbolic vegetables.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

arent buffaloes sacrificed in Kamakhya temple in Assam
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

TN has widespread animal sacrifice practices. Amma tried to bring a ban on them with an act but had to quickly backtrack after opposition. Goats and chicken are the most common sacrificial animals.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

2014: The election that challenged Dilli and still emerged victorious

http://5forty3.in/2014/05/2014-the-elec ... ictorious/
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

another khulasa
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

note the breed of dog - to me it looks like a afghan hound....note IG went on special request to Babur's tomb in kabul to pray
Shalav
BRFite

Post by Shalav »

rohitvats wrote:I really doubt whether Buffalo meat is part of staple diet of Indians save for certain areas like Kerala or some states/regions in NE.
I've seen buffalo 'bali' at VijayDashmi everytime I visited Grandfather at Jharkhand at the appropriate time. It is a tribal custom, and while it was a long time ago, I understand it is still a custom in those parts for VijayDashmi only.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Prasad wrote:TN has widespread animal sacrifice practices. Amma tried to bring a ban on them with an act but had to quickly backtrack after opposition. Goats and chicken are the most common sacrificial animals.
Perhaps she should have taken GMO route. genetically modified animal sacrifices! but then again, we can now also make them tokenized, miniaturized modified animals.

bio-printing technology can help in sacrifices. but then, these are archaic cultures that needs review in a modern society.. no?
member_28397
BRFite

Post by member_28397 »

To keep my nerves down, I have started drinking :). Will drink till late night then have an early drink at 3 AM, breakfast beer at 7. Lunch beer with fellow Yindoo Fanatics and sweets at BJP office by evening :D
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

don't drink and drive.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

SaiK wrote:the bjp grew only after modi's arrival. they can stfu and relax and watch the show
The organization always surpasses the individual in importance. Namo will have his time. Then eventually somebody else will come forward to take the reins. Namo is not eternal. Neither is BJP. But BJP will outlast Namo. We'd be wise to make sure that happens. And not put all eggs in Namo basket.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I am very glad SS, LKA and others aren't interested to be in Modi cabinet. No need to worry about giving a post for SS, she is capable of building her thrones in the place of her liking.

All Modi seniors are over qualified to be in cabinet anyway and gubernatorial positions are less than cabinet ministries.

Only positions these elders deserve are president of Pakistam, Bangladesh, Buma, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal etc
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

LKA & SS can float their own party - BSP - Bharatiya Sulking Party. They can also invite Sudheendra Kulkarni, Jassu mithai wala and Nitish Kumar.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

----SpectoonS by VinodT ‏@spectoons 2m
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

devesh wrote:
The organization always surpasses the individual in importance. Namo will have his time. Then eventually somebody else will come forward to take the reins. Namo is not eternal. Neither is BJP. But BJP will outlast Namo. We'd be wise to make sure that happens. And not put all eggs in Namo basket.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is - Yogi Berra
Even organization is not important, only the values it espouses are important. And the values are based on changing times. If not for Modi, Prince Cocaine would be polishing his crown for the coronation.

So all the "elder" BJP leaders who did not campaign for BJP/Modi & only sulked and posed hurdles can take a walk into the political sunset. They did not contribute to the impending success. So they get no share of the victory. There must be a Panchantra or Jataka tale on this already.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in assam, vaishnavite "sankardeviya" families like mine do not visit the sakta temples that do these sacrifices. so no kamakhya and no ugratora temples for us, which are two temples in guwahati that do this bali business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankardev
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

suryag wrote:arent buffaloes sacrificed in Kamakhya temple in Assam
Purely from hearsay they only do goat and bird sacrifice now in Kamakhya (major Tantra center). The Royals of Nepal used to come to sacrifice a buffalo in Kalighat (Kolkata) from what I remember.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

To everyone in BRF who helped out in the Modi call-a-thon effort by calling, providing information/feedback/ideas, encouragement etc etc, a heartfelt thanks!

A special thanks to RamaY, James B, Frederic, SaraLax, Brat, Rajsunder, Vivek Rao, Raj Birru, who were the BRF Contingent actively involved in this effort! If I have missed anyone, I truly apologize. All of you took nights & weekends off from your personal schedules to fight the fight. Some, like Frederic & RamaY were already doing a lot of calling/coordination on their own. In some sense, I shouldn't be thanking anyone because we all did it out of our passion & not for ourselves. So, the thanks is more for the opportunity to get to know you and work together

Whatever be the results tomorrow (& we are all hoping/praying for the best one), we have put our best foot forward. Karmanyeva Adhikaaraste. I am sure we will all have a little story to tell our grandchildren about what we were doing in the months leading up to LS2014

Thanks to Moderators for the leeway given
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

^ Pranams to all of you.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

+108. a tale for the grandkids of ww1 style trench fighting.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

pankajs wrote:2014: The election that challenged Dilli and still emerged victorious

http://5forty3.in/2014/05/2014-the-elec ... ictorious/
Final projections:
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

krisna wrote:Shibbering in my lungi :((
NaMo Namah.

Nightout today - gujju snacks beside me.
Shq angry as usual :rotfl:
Night out here too, with BRF for company :D Will take sweets to office tomorrow if BJP manages majority on its own!
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=407615402711447

Brutal. And he was our Prime Minister? Aak Thoo.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Chandragupta wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=407615402711447

Brutal. And he was our Prime Minister? Aak Thoo.
This PM deserves those insults because he choose to serve the chair rather than the nation. He behaved like a Drithrashtra and now deserves to be judged harshly in the history of Modern India.

He appears more like a Chaparasi rather than a PM. Imagine any other PM anywhere being disrespected like that and how the media would have treated that person who showed such little respect to the PM of the nation.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

I hope Indian security agencies are prepared to highest level as namo is likely to be crowned and puki plus sympathiser sleepers will get active now.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

BTW when exactly is the "crowning" to take place? And where--Parliament or R Bhavan?
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

by 20th
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

ashish raval wrote:I hope Indian security agencies are prepared to highest level as namo is likely to be crowned and puki plus sympathiser sleepers will get active now.
NSG already ready to take over his security as well as Jashodaben and his mother before EOD tomorrow. The rest of the family to be under Gujarat state security apparatus
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Har Har Mahadev
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

rohitvats wrote:NM becoming PM would be a cathartic moment for me.

It is difficult what his becoming PM and coming to power means but there are some deep and complex emotional aspects as a Indian and Hindu which I hope he will address. BUT - I don't hold him to be a superman who'll change things with waving of a magic wand. The baggage we've incurred over the centuries and especially post 1947 will take some time to become irrelevant. But hopefully, with coming of NM, the process of shredding this baggage will start.

Like every mango India, I also yearn for stable government and a growing economy. I want bread on my plate and then some more to save for rainy days. I want life of people to become easier. All this will happen with a strong leader like him in center who can give clear directions and carry the day.

But what I'm looking forward to this - dismantle the structure which mocks my past as a Hindu and derides my culture. Macaulay and his children had a long time to condition Indians in a certain way - they've had an iron grip on academics and various institutions of higher learning and governing bodies. Pull this structure apart and give it the right direction - what has been done since decades cannot be undone in 5-10 years...but a process needs to start. The generation which will reach teenage in next 10-15 years needs to be introduced to Indian culture and values NOW so that they can grow being comfortable with it. And to ensure that the atmosphere - from pseudo intellectual to pseudo-secular - around them does not mock their learning. We need to mold the Indians in Indian ways. That is the only way ahead.

I'm not asking the state to favor Hinduism and Hindus but remove the shackles which pull it down. And create a more favorable atmosphere for dharmics. Let people feel and see their heritage and be proud about it rather feel sorry for themselves.

And kick the bl@@dy missionaries out, stop cow slaughter and tackle the threat from fundamentalist Islam in a more robust manner.

India needs to be placed first always and ever.
Very happy to read these words.

Hinduists would learn how to look after their heritage and spirituality. However NaMo govt. would have to bring reforms in our educational system, which teaches us Bharatiya-centric history and moves our nation's operating system from an English-based to one which is Sanskrit-based.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

amdavadi wrote:Har Har Mahadev
For tomorrow get your Dumroo and Trishul ready and sabhi bolo, "Har Har Mahadev"!!!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Singha wrote:another khulasa
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
note the breed of dog - to me it looks like a afghan hound....note IG went on special request to Babur's tomb in kabul to pray
You too remembered this IG making special rqst to visit Boober tomb in Kabul! Good riddance.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

BijuShet wrote:
ashish raval wrote:I hope Indian security agencies are prepared to highest level as namo is likely to be crowned and puki plus sympathiser sleepers will get active now.
NSG already ready to take over his security as well as Jashodaben and his mother before EOD tomorrow. The rest of the family to be under Gujarat state security apparatus
I am more worried about terrorist activity targeting public at large than namo family. They might also do false flag and multiple locations to spread panic.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Bloody sellout....Congis are the worst thing happen to bharat

Got rid of congis from gujarat, rest of India is next
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

ashish raval wrote:I am more worried about terrorist activity targeting public at large than namo family. They might also do false flag and multiple locations to spread panic.
Ashishji, security is current incumbent govt's responsibility till the new govt is sworn in. If there is any trouble while the incumbent is in power then Namo can investigate these inactions while in power for 5 years. 2002 witch hunt will seem like a pin prick if the incumbent govt is found derelict in their duty to the nation.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Sushma wants Finance or nothing. Why would she want that?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I believe Modi should have just Defense, Internal Affairs and External Affairs as ministries held by politicians. Rest let professionals manage. Top politicians can serve their constituencies and advice various ministries on inputs and progress.