General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

BijuShet
BRFite

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by BijuShet »

Can Sushmaji be the NDA liason minister to communicate and co-ordinate on behalf of the govt with the opposition parties?
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Mining is a good option. Seemandhra governor is another.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

She will miscommunicate. She is already giving signs of being truclulent. She has LKA's pet grouses and is his foil.

fanne thanks for the timing.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

BijuShet wrote:Can Sushmaji be the NDA liason minister to communicate and co-ordinate on behalf of the govt with the opposition parties?
Three people in BJP ie LKA, Sushma and MMJ fought elections hoping BJP to get <170 seats to fulfill their dream of PM . Otherwise they knew that they r on the wrong side of either time (LKA, MMJ) or RSS (LKA, Sushma). If BJP gets more than 230 as, as exits pols are suggesting, they should vacate the LS seats and go for Sanyas or whatever.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Anantha wrote:15 Aug 1947
At the stroke of midnight when the world sleeps, I will pull a fast one and leave behind a dynasty
Nice one..this is going on my wall.

-M
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Sushma is just being stupid. BJP is winning only because of NaMo. She cannot compete with him. Her best bet is to read the tea leaves, make peace with NaMo and hope he gives her something good.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Man oh man, I'm hoping for 362+ so UCC and 370 can be implemented by Monday 19 May 2014.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

CEC Sampath says" People should trust Constitutionally appointed bodies"!

I tweeted trust is earned.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Give me a free hand, says Modi
The BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, is understood to have made it clear to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) that if the party were to come to power, he would like to have a free hand in taking decisions relating to Cabinet berths and other posts.

Informed sources said this and other issues figured in a series of meetings between the BJP leaders and the RSS brass on Thursday. The day began with party president Rajnath Singh meeting RSS leader Suresh Soni, who is the point person for the BJP in the RSS. This was followed by a slew of meetings to discuss strategy and iron out differences within the party.

Subsequently, the RSS is learnt to have conveyed to the BJP leadership that things should be smoothened out for Mr. Modi and that all sulking leaders should be asked to fall in line. “There may be surprises in store,” a party leader said as the exit poll predictions have boosted the BJP’s confidence.

The sources said senior party leader Sushma Swaraj is likely to be given one of the four key Ministries.

Ms. Swaraj wanted the post of either the Lok Sabha Speaker or the chairperson of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA). As the RSS is against “dual power centres,” Mr. Modi would most likely keep the post of NDA chairperson to himself, they said.

While senior party leader Arun Jaitley was tipped to get the Finance portfolio, there were discussions with the RSS on Mr. Rajnath Singh joining the government with the party president’s post going back to his predecessor, Nitin Gadkari.

A Modi-led Cabinet could see Mr. Singh getting the Home or Defence portfolio. Other probables are Ravi Shankar Prasad in the Law Ministry and Ms. Swaraj handling External Affairs.

Senior leader Murli Manohar Joshi, who had held the Human Resource Development portfolio in the previous NDA regime, may be given an important post. There was still no clarity on a role for Amit Shah, who led the party’s campaign in U.P.

Mr. Singh met party patriarch L.K. Advani amid speculation that the veteran leader was being persuaded to accept the Lok Sabha Speaker’s post.

The day-long discussions between the BJP and the RSS also included plans to expand the NDA to shore up its numbers as it would help widen the acceptability of Mr. Modi, they said.
Hope Modi can avoid the D4 altogether and make a clean break, that is much needed to clean up the muck.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Some fresh faces man. The problem with all these big people are, it will be hard to correct them if they are doing wrong
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Oldies should go. Period all below 70 please. Enough grey cells so far for country they don't do any good. All the effing natak of we respect elders should be put to back burner and those who want to cook their own cake in this burner of division should be thrown out at the earliest.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

fanne wrote:Some fresh faces man. The problem with all these big people are, it will be hard to correct them if they are doing wrong
Tweet.. To RNS and others..
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

"The sabres have been unsheathed! The ringing cry of the trumpets are keening the charge! Once more into the breach comrades! The last lines of the Sultanate Palace Guard are forming up on the Raisina Hills! Aim for the flag and no prisoners!" -Unknown Soldier
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

I am not against the oldies in general. Some of them have a very sharp mind. But the D4 has lost the trust of patriots with their silence during the organized plunder by congress. They should be punished and kept away from power. I will be disappointed with RSS an BJP, if they are accommodated. Jassu bhai was booted out with no impact. What damage can the remaining heads cause.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I am all set in this election bar lounge...

Is it too early to drink :oops:
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

I think Modi should not become the NDA chairperson. He should have one of his trusted aides as the chairperson and avoid getting too much involved in the coalition politics directly.
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

RamaY wrote:I am all set in this election bar lounge...

Is it too early to drink :oops:
Blasphemy! It's never too early to drink.
Last edited by shyamoo on 16 May 2014 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

It's easy. If SS said 'finance or nothing', then it is nothing.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

On the plane to desh! Will try to log in if I can find wifi in Amsterdam, during the stopover. It will be about 11am IST then. Hope!
Jai ho!
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Dhoti shivering reaching epic proportions for me
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Aaj sham mere dil se jaam lete jaana
Hind jaane wale mera salam lete jaana
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Did Laghunyasa and Naivedya to Arthanariswara seeking their blessings for Modi.

Its blissful to read NaMo NaMo... in Namakam :D today!
Last edited by RamaY on 16 May 2014 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

suryag wrote:Dhoti shivering reaching epic proportions for me
Check wiki and Read Aditya hridaya stotram told by Agastya to Rama during the Lankan war
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

archan wrote:On the plane to desh! Will try to log in if I can find wifi in Amsterdam, during the stopover. It will be about 11am IST then. Hope!
Jai ho!
Schipol Airport sucks compared to other modern airports. No WiFi there a couple years back, but perhaps that has changed.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

archan wrote:On the plane to desh! Will try to log in if I can find wifi in Amsterdam, during the stopover. It will be about 11am IST then. Hope!
Jai ho!
Archanullah...

Download NaMo interview to Dorknob and play it on your plane... ;)

United has Wifi on the plane... For a price.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 175921.cms
State BJP spokesperson and party vice-president I K Jadeja said on May 16 (Friday), the CM will watch result trends on TV till 11.30 am at his official residence in Gandhinagar. "After that he and other senior party leaders are expected to visit state BJP new headquarters, Kamalam, at Koba near Gandhinagar," Jadeja said.

Modi will leave for Vadodara — one of the two Lok Sabha constituencies from where he is contesting the polls — around 2:30 pm on Friday. Later in the evening, he will participate in the Vijay Utsav public rally planned for him in Vadodara before returning to Ahmedabad for another Vijay Utsav rally.

On Saturday, he will leave for Delhi where he will be felicitated by party leaders and workers. He will then proceed to participate in the BJP's parliamentary board meeting. Later in the afternoon, around 4 pm, he will leave for Varanasi where he will pay obeisance at Kashi Vishwanath temple, attend the Ganga Arti event and then return to Gandhinagar by 9 pm.

"The party has planned grand victory celebrations with firecrackers and sweets in all districts across the state. This promises to be like a Diwali celebration. Special arrangements have also been made at Kamalam," Jadeja said.
Stop shibering guys...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

ramana wrote:CEC Sampath says" People should trust Constitutionally appointed bodies"!

I tweeted trust is earned.
Chorr Ki Darri Mey Tinka
He should now Indians suspect he is CEC= Converted EJ Conspirator.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

210 minutes and counting.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

watching the complete set of "the americans" season 1 to simply forget about the elections till the results are out. :D
getting too hard to concentrate on anything otherwise.

oh and for the first time, the customary contribution from me; ladies and gentlemen, please repeat after me,

"NaMo will lose onlee :(( :(("
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Mort Walker wrote:Man oh man, I'm hoping for 362+ so UCC and 370 can be implemented by Monday 19 May 2014.
Modi will build credibility first by delivering on development and wait for the right time to strike when people are malleable for all his agendas. He waited for 14 years in Gujarat till the right time when people started craving for him. He will do the same at the centre. Hope he will be even more successful this time as he has a bigger and much more powerful platform.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

T - 210 minutes for counting.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

Last edited by Raj on 16 May 2014 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Et tu!!!

NaMo has changed everyone.
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

partha wrote:I think Modi should not become the NDA chairperson. He should have one of his trusted aides as the chairperson and avoid getting too much involved in the coalition politics directly.
Amit Shah?
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Raj, Thanks for the confidence booster.
The 249 low number has been revised upwards.
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

Ramana garu, Yes, you are right. The above image is from Hindustan Times http://www.hindustantimes.com/elections ... 19632.aspx
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Anantha wrote:Aaj sham mere dil se jaam lete jaana
Hind jaane wale mera salam lete jaana
Aaj Tho Yaad Ayya wohi Puarna Nagma
Dill Ke Jallo Ko Naa Owr Jalao
Kanhi Aaag Na Lagg Jayee
For NRIs Jii
How he wishes to die in Land of Birth
Chorr Kar Teri Gali, Dhoor aa Pahunche hai Hum
Phir bhi Hai yehi tammana , Terre Jalwo ki Kasam
Humm Yannaah paida Hue, Uss jagha Hi Nikle Dumm

Last edited by Prem on 16 May 2014 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

What is Modi thinking for Dr Swami. I would say Law Ministry for sure if not finance
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Brad Goodman wrote:What is Modi thinking for Dr Swami. I would say Law Ministry for sure if not finance
MSD= Minister on Special Deputation :wink:
Promotion Of Virtues and destruction Of Vices