General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by Rahul M »

gonna have a shower and will touch food only after trends are clear.

pehle matdan phir jalpan ! :)
Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

T- 90 minutes for counting
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

running out of wine.....
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Karo dhoti shiber baar baar
Ab ki baar Modi sarkaar
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

ॐ स॒ह ना॑ववतु । स॒ह नौ॑ भुनक्तु ।
स॒ह वी॒र्यं॑ करवावहै ।
ते॒ज॒स्वि ना॒वधी॑तमस्तु॒ मा वि॑द्विषा॒वहै॑ ॥
ॐ शान्ति: शान्ति: शान्ति: ॥

ॐ द्यौ: शान्ति रन्तरिक्षँ शान्ति:
पृथिवी शान्ति राप: शान्तिरोषधय: शान्ति: ।
वनस्पतय: शान्ति र्विश्वे देवा: शान्ति र्ब्रह्म शान्ति:
सर्वँ शान्ति: शान्तिरेव शान्ति: सा मा शान्तिरेधि ॥
ॐ शान्ति: शान्ति: शान्ति: ॥
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Any thing less then 363 for BJP means there is no modi wave :D :mrgreen:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Chacha is also providing results online.
http://www.google.co.in/elections/ed/in/results
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

AP prediction are to ensure the betting market is favorable.

It is more to do with betting markets, IMHO.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

T-75Minutes to launch.

First count the postal ballot.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

There is a deccan herald app which has an election button that you can load to get results real time if you are working or busy.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Any Guess what is the Payload on the Launcher that was mated to it Last night????
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Hopefully BRF wont crash when bjp+ reaches 300......
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Bad morning everyone,
rgsrini wrote:Give me a free hand, says Modi
The BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, is understood to have made it clear to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) that if the party were to come to power, he would like to have a free hand in taking decisions relating to Cabinet berths and other posts.

Informed sources said this and other issues figured in a series of meetings between the BJP leaders and the RSS brass on Thursday. The day began with party president Rajnath Singh meeting RSS leader Suresh Soni, who is the point person for the BJP in the RSS. This was followed by a slew of meetings to discuss strategy and iron out differences within the party..... .
Essentially, NaMo needs to appoint Ministers as per wishes of MNC-owners and Missionaries who own over 80% of paid-media. And NaMo heavily depends on MNC-owners for investments, without which he cant have growth he has promised. NaMo isnt So RSS cant have any say in Ministries, except useless Ministries like culture, sports etc.

====

RSS-apex knwe it all along. Anyway, RSS-apex are only time-wasters. I have never attended any morning walks aka shakha. But many of RSS "members" , VHP-members including one VHP-district-mantri are now hard core recallists. They had attended shakha everyday for years. They agree with me, that the ONLY goal of shakha is to waste away time and drain away energy of nationalist activists , and give them a feel good factor.. The members are always given tons of useless information, and never given any useful information about solutions, and sometimes even problems. Committed activists, time-wasting leaders ---- RSS is just like many organizations like Seva Dal etc.

Also, this time RSS didnt do much in getting votes for NaMo. It was paid-media which drastically exaggerated NaMo's good and real achievements, and it was also paid-media which suppressed many ugly facts, which could have reduced votes of NaMo. And finally paid-media reduce AK's coverage and also imparted some negative coverage on him. All this added more votes to NaMo than RSS's morning walks. All in all, now [b[paid-media is more powerful and effective than combined propaganda machineries of ALL parties, nit just RSS[/b]. So it is obvious that NaMo cant follow RSS-apex's dictat anymore. It has to be other way now.

====

Many said that RSS can create another BJP. Well, then that new BJP will be same as existing !! And paid-media can create another BJP. And they just did --- we call it AAP. A party which is just 1.5 year old gets 30% votes in Assembly which has highest share of middle class and educated voters. And that party will get zero seats in LS, but over 5% votes !!! This proves that owners of paid-media are bigger than ALL political leaders combined. And it is NOT just becaue of mediamen they pay, but they also have REAAL presence in economy. So ALL political leaders will obey the owners of paid media etc. And situation will worsen everyday, unless activists decide to unfollow their leaders.

Enough bad news. See you all in the evening.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Groan.......
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Flash! Congress expecting a "sweeping" majority.....ahead of the AAP overall.The Congress expects to be the largest party of flotsam and jetsam ,minus the BJP,and will petition Pranabda to form the UPA-3. It's why so many tents (stables) have been put up for the donkey mela expected this morning.There is going to be a price on every party minus the BJP and its NDA allies.The highest price is hinted at being that of the TN empress,Ms.JJ."She is worth her weight in diamonds",said a senior Congressman who did not wish to be identified.He also hinted that Mayawathi preferred to be weighed in stone elephants. Mamta did not want to be weighed,but that of the ..... of her rivals! There was a price for every party he added,It was just the task of finding it!

The big Q being asked was why Rahul-G was absent from the fare-you-well dinner for Surrender Singh? Some say he didn't approve the toasts being given in Dr.Singh's favourite tipple,snake-oil. Other insiders darkly hinted that he was busy emptying the ATM's to have enough moolah for the horse...sorry,donkey trading today.Cheques are bot being accepted by the flotsam and jetsam as the "Bank of Singh" is bankrupt-a fact known for quite awhile!

When asked what if Mr.Modi parades more animals before Pres.Pranabda and claims that he must form the new govt.,the Congressman replied, "We will win.Don't you know that Pranabda cannot count? Look how he destroyed the Indian economy!

Meanwhile,
The 88yr. old veteran "horseman" NDT,married his erstwhile paramour,whose son he had to finally acknowledge as his own after years of obfuscating and denial.Is that the "sign of the times",that a veteran Congress "habitual offender",renowned for his marital arts ,cleans up his act just before the erection...sorry,election results?! Will we next see "Diggy,the Doggie" folloow suit and marry his decades younger damsel,hastily exposing his own "shockings" in public without even being asked about it by the media (the guilty flee when no man pursueth) ? After all he did promise to do so after the hustings!

Will we next see Rahul-G finally tie he knot too.as he will need lots of comforting and companionship in a lonely 5 yr. wait until he gets his next chance of enhancing his reputation of being the perpetual loser.Perhaps after all he IS India's equivalent to that splendid politician in a neighbouring land,also from a great dynastic family,another mamby-pamby bachelor and perpetual loser,Ranil Wickremasinghe!
Last edited by Philip on 16 May 2014 06:13, edited 2 times in total.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^My mom just prayed to Lord Ganesha and promised to offer him "Kozhakattai" tomorrow, upon Modi's win. She says if India's fate is good, then Modi will win. (India voda thalaezhuthu nalla iruntha Modi win pannuvan)
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

can't sit in one place....started cooking for the family...
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

chaanakya wrote:T-75Minutes to launch.
First count the postal ballot.
Waqat kam hai,
Where is MahaMort to blow the Fort, Kanhi record na par jaye Short?
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

T-60Minutes to Launch.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Modi and Modi-bhakts:

भ्रातृत्वम् आर्य भावः च धर्मः च अनेन रक्षितः |
मया क्रोधः च कामः च कपित्वम् च प्रदर्शितम् || ४-२४-१२

“Fraternity, dignity and also probity are maintained by him, while I exhibited furiousness, jealous eagerness and also the restless naughtiness of a monkey."

- Said by Sugreeva in Ramayana 4-24-12 :P
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Will prefer winners as ministers, Modi tells party leaders

The BJP’s PM nominee Narendra Modi has told party leaders that he will prefer to “invest” in leaders with the potential to win elections by inducting them into his council of ministers.

The Modi mantra, spelt out during discussions with party leaders during the past two days, is to induct as many Lok Sabha– and not Rajya Sabha – members as possible to his ministry.

“This appears to be the guiding principle that’ll drive decisions in the first instance,” a BJP leader told HT, pointing that Modi, of course, would take other factors also into account.

Already, the party was veering round to the view that veteran LK Advani could be offered the Lok Sabha Speaker’s post, instead of another veteran, Karia Munda from Jharkhand. At his meetings with the leaders, Advani has already indicated his willingness to accept such a proposition.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

T - 60 minutes

Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

https://www.youtube.com/user/indiaelections2014

Live results on youtube from several indian channels
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

What the hell...Hindustantimes says 13hrs left for counting.....i am watching India tv......they are saying first results in 2hours?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Bad morning everyone,
Essentially, NaMo needs to appoint Ministers as per wishes of MNC-owners and Missionaries who own over 80% of paid-media. And NaMo heavily depends on MNC-owners for investments, without which he cant have growth he has promised. NaMo isnt So RSS cant have any say in Ministries, except useless Ministries like culture, sports etc.
huh? this much secret? What can I do? I already voted for Modi.

shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

I have tuned into radio zindagi ( NY ) and waiting for Muppalla saar's program. But it looks like only music is going to be played ( with plenty of ads though )..
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

T-45Minutes to launch

Time to proceed to nerve centre to watch the launch from the Control Room. Meanwhile listen to the divine voice

Raj
BRFite

Post by Raj »

T - 45 minutes for counting to start.
Kujliwala is in Benaras, hoping to not lose his deposit.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I am done with my drinking even before the fun began :(( SHQ called me dumbo for getting hyper at 3PM itself & walking around the home singing loud and bothering the pets :(( :(( the Punukus are also over...

Now I am down to eating Jamakayas (guava) and drinking milk :(( :(( :((
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

RamaY wrote:I am done with my drinking even before the fun began :(( SHQ called me dumbo for getting hyper at 3PM itself & walking around the home singing loud and bothering the pets :(( :(( the Punukus are also over...
Now I am down to eating Jamakayas (guava) and drinking milk :(( :(( :((
Bubly gone to my head, gonna close my eyes for 30 Minute rest. Wake me up if they need me. :rotfl:
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

Timing is everything Saar, should avoid getting done early ;-)

Just started on my first drink! Jameson on the rocks. :-)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Rebellion in JD(U), five ministers skip Nitish’s meeting

A day before the counting of votes for the Lok Sabha elections, Bihar’s ruling JD(U) faced a rebellion of sorts, with five of the 14 cabinet ministers abstaining from the first post-poll meeting convened by chief minister Nitish Kumar.
Bihar CM and JD (U) leader Nitish Kumar addressing a rally for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Gaya. (HT photo)

The absentees included Bijendra Prasad Yadav, Narendra Narayan Yadav, Narendra Singh and Shahid Ali Khan — all senior ministers — and the newly inducted minister Lessi Singh.

The matter fuelled opposition claims of all not being well within the ruling party.

Already, the poor exit poll projections for party’s performance have sparked off rumours that the Kumar government’s days are numbered.
gpati
BRFite

Post by gpati »

vnmshyam wrote:I have tuned into radio zindagi ( NY ) and waiting for Muppalla saar's program. But it looks like only music is going to be played ( with plenty of ads though )..
vnmshyam ji, some discussion is going on Virginia/Nova station.

http://www.radiozindagi.com/virginia/playertemp/
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

amdavadi wrote:What the hell...Hindustantimes says 13hrs left for counting.....i am watching India tv......they are saying first results in 2hours?
Moi has has India TV running on the browsers. Why can't I maximize the video? That button does not do anything. Sucks...

Anyways, just had some sweet pongal and vadai. Pre-celebration onlee. More vadai, masala peanuts & Scotch later in the night.

I got 1 TV, 1 laptop and 1 Mac going now. Will add an iPad and another laptop if the going gets good.
Last edited by SwamyG on 16 May 2014 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Suspense is unbearable. Lets get it over with.
SPattath
BRFite

Post by SPattath »

Medha Phatkar has thrown the towel ,alleges EVM's have been tampered
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Proy at NDTV is assuring us with cheshire cat smile that they have thoroughly checked and tested EVMs and they simply cannot be tampered with, period. Severe dhoti loose motions onlee. :(
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

chaanakya wrote:Rebellion in JD(U), five ministers skip Nitish’s meeting

A day before the counting of votes for the Lok Sabha elections, Bihar’s ruling JD(U) faced a rebellion of sorts, with five of the 14 cabinet ministers abstaining from the first post-poll meeting convened by chief minister Nitish Kumar.
Bihar CM and JD (U) leader Nitish Kumar addressing a rally for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Gaya. (HT photo)

The absentees included Bijendra Prasad Yadav, Narendra Narayan Yadav, Narendra Singh and Shahid Ali Khan — all senior ministers — and the newly inducted minister Lessi Singh.

The matter fuelled opposition claims of all not being well within the ruling party.

Already, the poor exit poll projections for party’s performance have sparked off rumours that the Kumar government’s days are numbered.
I have no problems with ambitions of nikkamma, but his 'Bihar ki beti' sticks in my craw.
Sonugn
BRFite

Post by Sonugn »

Voters should be blamed if right wing govt elected - Zoya hussain on NDTV