General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Sanju
BRFite

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by Sanju »

Sonia Gandhi & Rahul Gandhi concede defeat and give their Badhai to the new Sarkaar and took full responsibility with vinamrata for their defeat!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Doubt Narendra Modi would have received the call, he is too busy right now. So Bakwaz is giving hot air.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 6m

Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi wins Kanpur by over 1 lakh votes #Verdict2014
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Dr. Praveen Patil ‏@5Forty3 1h

Must salute @TodaysChanakya for the sheer courage to project the numbers without worrying about the brickbats!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

In Ladakh

GHULAM RAZA Independent 31049
THUPSTAN CHHEWANG Bharatiya Janata Party 30731

Still counting
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Dhananjay wrote: Karan, indira gandhi imposed emergency on Bharat and not only arrested but tortured the Jansangh leaders like ABV and LKA. One RSS person from Meerut had told me that they brought some low level arrested people in front of Balasaheb Devras (the then RSS chief), Vajpayee, Bhauji Devras, LKA were tortured their nails pulled out with plas and told if they don't write apology letters to indira gandhi they'll also be tortured like this.

The same strong and visionary leader indira gandhi sneaked in word "Secular" in Bhartiya Constitution at that time, while she delibrately didn't put the word secular in kashmir's constitution.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1030418/a ... 882419.asp
Natwar Singh’s profile of Indira Gandhi is embarrassing in its praise. She is described as a “graceful, sparkling, engaging human being”, a “caring humanist” endowed with “charm”, “elegance” and “good taste”.

But even this flood of adjectives is not preparation enough for what follows. Describing a drive in Afghanistan with Indira Gandhi to see Babur’s resting place, Natwar Singh writes: “The Prime Minister of India stood there, with head slightly bowed, paying her homage. I was a couple of feet behind her. It was a moment to cherish, recall and remember. At that moment the centuries seemed to blend and blur.

“After a minute she stepped back and said, ‘We have had our brush with history’. I said, ‘I have had two.’ ‘What do you mean'’ ‘To pay one’s respects to Babur was itself an occasion,’ I said, ‘but to do so in the company of Indira Gandhi was the rarest of privileges’.”
Ah sir, but don't you know. Indira G was inclusive saar. The divisive people aka demons were having their nails pulled out by angels. :roll:
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Mummy and Shehzada speaking live conference.

http://live.indiatimes.com/

RG says he takes responsibility. RG speaks for almost 1 min and then mummy removes him.

Didn't take any questions. Mummy drags RG away from podium. One should watch the brazen arrogance.
Last edited by Sumeet on 16 May 2014 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
vijaykarthik
BRFite

Post by vijaykarthik »

Just saw Rahul smiling and acting as if he just won the elections... and he takes responsibility for winning losing the elections as wise-precedent.

Which brings me to an important topic -- is he really a fool and doesn't just act like one? I am reminded of Bill Watterson [of Calvin and Hobbes fame]. In a strip that has Hobbes and Calvin talk, Calvin mentions: "I imagine bugs and girls have a dim perception that nature played a cruel trick on them, but they lack the intelligence to really comprehend the magnitude of it"

Ditto for Rahul Gaandi too. What a cartoon character. Shamelessly comes smiling and takes responsibility for doing something bad and goes away -- perhaps will go early and have laddoos and chai from the BJP camp too?
member_20036
BRFite

Post by member_20036 »

from asansol bjp won

babul suprio created history
Sanjay
BRFite

Post by Sanjay »

Is there a thread for stupid Congress comments ? I think we need some comedy now.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

After 2 hours sleep I am back
Jai shri Ram

What happened to pappu, cant find it?
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Anantha mummy and pappu addressed media for less than 2 mins and disappeared w/o taking any questions.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ I guess this should end all doubts on EVM manipulation etc?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

^Back to packing stuff for upcoming departure to Italy. Finally they get to go home.
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

what is the margin of AAP losses in Delhi seats?
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Haven't seen S Swamy on any tv show today. Wondering where is he ?
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

BTW Did the AAPtard in chief get within 30000 votes of Namo???
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

My mom asked after seeing Pappu smiling in the press conf whether is he retarted or what- a guy whose party got a big drubbing but he is all smiles?

Saw here that NaMo won by 86K votes in Varanasi
Last edited by Sridhar K on 16 May 2014 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sumeet wrote:Mummy and Shehzada speaking live conference.

http://live.indiatimes.com/

RG says he takes responsibility. RG speaks for almost 1 min and then mummy removes him.

Didn't take any questions. Mummy drags RG away from podium. One should watch the brazen arrogance.
She needs to be taught far more lessons in humility than that which the Indian public just taught her.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

i am back with 3 hour sleep,where is the final tally?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

sum wrote:^^ I guess this should end all doubts on EVM manipulation etc?
no, any naughty thing would have been easily found out cause everything and everyone was against them
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Fanne ji
As of now on India TV: BJP+ 335, Cong +60, AAP 4, OTH 144
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

I meant what happened in Amethi
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

sum wrote:^^ How on earth does one manage to get 43 pc of votes in a huge UP state from virtually nothing just 1 year back?

Truely, Amit Shah and co are magicians
Saar,
while I am all appreciation for the great work done by Amit Shah, Modi and the workers, it needs to be said that the potential for such a victory was always there especially with the failures of kongis(Infact, such a potential exists all over the dhesh). Just look at the success of Fordriwal. Fordriwal was successful because of the same reasons. Look at Akki Yadav. Anyone who is not a minority appeaser and promises to be clean and give development will get votes. Simple.

But, unfortunately, it has become very difficult to get such choices. There any number of parties and people who are ready to grovel for mainority votes, but talking about Bhaarath's culture or civilization is a taboo for them. The problem with lotus was it was projecting weak and apologetic about itself. Modi comes along and projects a strong image and communicates clearly and uncompromisingly. That leads to success. (I would say that Modi actually played safe because he was winning comfortably. On the other hand, if the opponents had pushed him, he would taken it to more 'controversial' topics. This campaign was much more mellowed down then what he was known for earlier. But, he didn't lose his bite and that is important).

Fordriwal lost his stock as soon as he was exposed as just another minority appeaser with no track record. His biggest failure was 49 days of his rule. Same for Akki. Loh Purush made the same mistake. If Loh Purush had done what NaMo has done, he too would have been successful. NaMo proudly proclaimed,"I am a Hindhu nationalist". Then, NaMo's core message is Hindhuthva+development i.e. Bhaarath can develop in its own style without having to sell its soul. This simple and powerful message resonates with people. While ground work and booth management are important, nothing can be done if the top leadership is uninspiring to people.

Anyway, there is time, place and circumstance for everything. Kaalam & karmam.

NaMo's core strength is: Hindhuthva.
NaMo's shield is: development.
And NaMo's weapon is: corruption of kongis.

He combined these three and asked for a simple thing:"give me 60 months and I'll deliver what was denied in 60 years". Simple but powerful.

----
PS: I think NaMo should make sure that EVMs have a paper trail in the next election. Then, all doubts can be put to rest. Till then, there is always scope for magic.
Last edited by johneeG on 16 May 2014 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

check India TV they are replaying the Sonia concession....
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Sanju link
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

I'm actually in splits watching Rahul Gandhi in that short PC. He was giggling and winking at the crowd, like a little kid who got caught doing some mischief. He really is a pappu.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Offical declared resutls : alone BJP 69 out of 105
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 2m

Why was Rahul Gandhi grinning like a 12-year-old called to the front of the class as punishment for opening his lunchbox in class? #India
Ajai Shukla ‏@ajaishukla 13m

Rahul Gandhi has taken responsibility for Congress debacle with a triumphant smirk that seemed a bit like Caesar announcing a great victory!
SPattath
BRFite

Post by SPattath »

A moderate earthquake has already struck Pakistan
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NDTV ‏@ndtv 5m

#Results2014: Pramod Mahajan's Daughter Among 'Giant Killers' in Maharashtra http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... tra-525525 … #IndiaDecides2014
India Today ‏@IndiaToday 6m

Union steel minister Beni Prasad Verma lost to BJP's Kirti Vardhan Singh by over 2 lakh votes http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/livetv.jsp #YourVote2014
Last edited by pankajs on 16 May 2014 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Cartoon by Ninan:
Narendra Modi-the "Prime Minister",Rahul-G the "Pram-Minister"!

As one wit told me,"we thought that it was going to be a "One-Day limited over match",but after the first couple of overs it ended up as a "T-20"'

Well,as predicted much earlier and hoped for by the "BRF parivar",the Congress have been not just defeated but devastated,annhilated,masticated,emasculated,and virtually exterminated for the next 5 years,where they do not have enough seats to even to claim the "Leader of the Opposition" position!

What has been unique has been the massive turnout-the most ever in any election,and the widespread voting in favour of the BJP/NDA from the minorities ,where in certain states even 35%+ of the Muslim community have voted for it! It wasn't a wave but a "Tsu-Namo" that overwhelmed the nation and the BJP has spread its footprint now all over the country,from top to toe.It ha firmly replaced the Congress as the leading and only national party of standing.

Congratulations to Namo and the BJP/NDA team,the valiant party workers especially the legions of RSS cadre whose untiring work has been simply magnificent,whose commitment and loyalty would win any election anywhere in the world!

International opinion:
Namo has already recd. many messages of congratulations from western and foreign leaders and here is one of the first reports of his massive unprecedented victory.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... sults-live
Indian election 2014 results: Modi and BJP secure massive victory – live

Hindu nationalist Narendra Modi declares 'India has won'
Scale of victory not seen since 1980s
BJP secures outright majority
Congress party concedes defeat
Who is Narendra Modi and how did he rise to power?
Indian election results - in pictures
The Gandhi dynasty has been snubbed by voters like never before, according to AP.

In a campaign led by Rahul Gandhi the son, grandson, and great-grandson of Indian prime ministers the Indian National Congress party suffered the most crushing defeat in its 128-year history Friday as the results of India's general election were released.

The BJP seized on the perception that Rahul Gandhi was little more than a crown prince awaiting his prize.

Voters were furious over Congress' inability to address corruption, unemployment and the sputtering economy.

The electoral drubbing is a massive comedown for the Gandhi family and a shift in India's tradition-bound society.

The family patriarch was Jawaharlal Nehru, a hero of the struggle for independence from British rule who became India's first prime minister, leading the country from 1947 until his death in 1964.

Nehru's daughter, Indira Gandhi, later took power, followed by her son Rajiv. Both were killed in political assassinations. Rajiv's Italian-born widow, Sonia, then took over the Congress party, becoming India's most powerful politician and setting the stage for her son, Rahul, to eventually take up the family mantle.

The family is not related to Mohandas Gandhi, India's independence leader who was also a senior member of Congress.

Rahul Gandhi, the dimpled, 43-year-old family scion, had been presented to voters as a youthful leader who could rejuvenate India's faltering economy, but many saw him as privileged, aloof and out of touch with everyday Indians.

Congress, in power since India's independence for all but 10 years, never even formally declared Gandhi as its candidate for prime minister, political maneuvering aimed at protecting him from being scapegoated if the party and the family were to be voted out.

During the punishing election campaign, Modi seized on the charges of nepotism aimed at Congress, at one point telling a crowd of supporters: "No one can save this mother-son government now."

Even in the Amethi constituency, considered a Gandhi stronghold, loyalties were wavering during the campaign.

During his campaign, Rahul Gandhi has tried to whip up some fire into his speeches, but the crowds appeared far from impressed. In many ways, he was overshadowed by his sister, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, a stay-at-home mother who addressed party workers and public rallies with ease and a comfort level that many have compared to that of her grandmother, Indira.

The last time the family faced such a serious challenge was in the 1980s, when then-Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi's government lost the 1989 elections, mainly due to charges that Swedish gun manufacturer Bofors AB paid bribes to supply Howitzer field guns to the Indian army.

Despite the Gandhi family's waning popularity, it is premature to count them out entirely. The family, which has been likened to India's version of the British monarchy or America's Kennedy dynasty, is a subject of fascination in India. And the Gandhis' message of lifting the country's impoverished masses resonates deeply with many.
Last edited by Philip on 16 May 2014 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

muraliravi wrote:Niran Sir,

I sincerely apologize for calling your numbers wishful. But i am glad to be wrong. Awesome day
+1.

Also, 1000x pranaams to all folks and pollster enthusiasts here - muraliravi, rajeshA, atri garu, Muppalla garu, shyamSP and others who made this journey so enlightening and the stakes so clear.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Chandragupta wrote:I'm actually in splits watching Rahul Gandhi in that short PC. He was giggling and winking at the crowd, like a little kid who got caught doing some mischief. He really is a pappu.
Im actually happy he won Amethi..will be fun having him as Oppn Leader..no way Con can entertain any hopes till 2024 :rotfl:
manish singh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manish singh »

pankajs wrote:
Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 2m

Why was Rahul Gandhi grinning like a 12-year-old called to the front of the class as punishment for opening his lunchbox in class? #India
Ajai Shukla ‏@ajaishukla 13m

Rahul Gandhi has taken responsibility for Congress debacle with a triumphant smirk that seemed a bit like Caesar announcing a great victory!
He is relieved that he won Amethi. Grin is that of a kid who is happy that he passed his exam while his friends failed.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Sumeet wrote:Sanju link
Thanks to Raj on Pg 6 of this Thread

http://livetvchannelsfree.com/electionnews2014.html
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Seriously Pappu is such a retard.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Offical declared resutls : alone BJP 72 out of 110
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

pappu most likely would have entertained few questions from media but mummy called him
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

SandeepA wrote:
Chandragupta wrote:I'm actually in splits watching Rahul Gandhi in that short PC. He was giggling and winking at the crowd, like a little kid who got caught doing some mischief. He really is a pappu.
Im actually happy he won Amethi..will be fun having him as Oppn Leader..no way Con can entertain any hopes till 2024 :rotfl:
No luck. Since Congies are getting less than 54 seats, there we be no opposition.