General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by chaanakya »

As I predicted Shahnawaz Hussain from Bhagalpur lost though by slander margin. His votes were divided by Muslim candidate of JDU primarily. Ashwini Chaube won though he could have won from Bhagalpur as well. If SH wants to really nurture BGP he should do some real work there to gain confidence.

I was wrong about Banka from where RJD won .

RJD won 4 seats and INC could bag Kishanganj seat after much manipulation which was used by NaMO to lay bare the duplicity and hidden alliance between non NDA parties. Another seat Supaul was netted by INC.

Bihar Tally was slightly reduced because of JDU RJD and INC hidden alliance. Yet Public has taught good lesson to Nikuddin and it is time either to split JDU and co-opt good elements and form a Dharmic Govt or dissolve the assembly and have election by September.

Bihar Result Status
Status Known For 40 out of 40 Constituencies

Party ---Won--- Leading--- Total
Bharatiya Janata Party--- 22-- 0-- 22
Indian National Congress--- 2-- 0-- 2
Nationalist Congress Party--- 1-- 0-- 1
Janata Dal (United)--- 2-- 0-- 2
Lok Jan Shakti Party--- 6-- 0 --6
Rashtriya Janata Dal--- 4-- 0-- 4
Rashtriya Lok Samta Party-- 3-- 0-- 3
Total--- 40-- 0-- 40
Last edited by chaanakya on 17 May 2014 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

nageshks wrote:
ramana wrote:One good thing is all the rascals who worked to divide AP are gone or defeated: Shinde, Azad. AKA, PC is not running. Bad thing is INC wins in Kerala and Oily Moily in Karnataka due to division of votes by JDU. Most likely a pay-off. Apparently Chiru campaigned for Moily in Karnataka.
As for Oily Moily, I suspect his victory was due to division of Reddy votes. Reddy voters were raring to teach Cong. a lesson for SA betrayal. But they were confused about who had the best chances to beat Moily. Many may have chosen to vote for JD(S) thinking Kumaraswamy had a better chance to beat Oily Moily.
And Kumarasamy came 3rd .... might have as well sat at home, away from contesting .... maybe INC guys gave him a big suitcase or so .... but his reputation is in tatters now and his party workers will feel cheated.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Rahul Mehtaji,
I do not agree with many of your views and ideas. But great respect to you sir for walking the walk after talking the talk once again. Well fought and may you have better luck the next time around.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Today's song from Headlines today

shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Security tightened at BJP HQ ahead of Narendra Modi's arrival in New Delhi, NSG commados scan the HQ
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

To exaggerate the issue in a typical Hebrew fashion, let me say the Israel considers the event part of the recent Independence Day celebrations. Israel won the Indian elections.
http://www.roitov.com/articles/lotus.htm

success has many fathers
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Singha wrote:Image
Raga happy that "ache din aane wale hai" away from ma-behen suffocation. :mrgreen:
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

chaanakya wrote:As I predicted Shahnawaz Hussain from Bhagalpur lost though by slander margin. His votes were divided by Muslim candidate of JDU primarily. Ashwini Chaube won though he could have won from Bhagalpur as well. If SH wants to really nurture BGP he should do some real work there to gain confidence.

Bihar Result Status
Status Known For 40 out of 40 Constituencies

Party ---Won--- Leading--- Total
Bharatiya Janata Party--- 22-- 0-- 22
Indian National Congress--- 2-- 0-- 2
Nationalist Congress Party--- 1-- 0-- 1
Janata Dal (United)--- 2-- 0-- 2
Lok Jan Shakti Party--- 6-- 0 --6
Rashtriya Janata Dal--- 4-- 0-- 4
Rashtriya Lok Samta Party-- 3-- 0-- 3
Total--- 40-- 0-- 40
but, Rabri devi and Misa bharti both lost
and icing on cake
Meira Kumar from Congress lost from her ancestral seat :lol: wow! I would say a million wow!

meanwhile it should tickle the cockles of jingos heart that in Varanasi all NaMo opponents lost their deposits
Mayabhen and Chowdhary Ajeet Singh could not open their accounts that is the end on mandal politics (IMVVHO)
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Well This was a foregone conclusion. As per my reading , and in estimates of many brfites , it was Tsunamo and it indeed surprised even me though I firmly believed that nothing sort of 300+ would come to NDA
Mods have untimely consigned seminal threads related to these tumultuous changes in India' History. Its a watershed moment.

Here is what I wrote on GJP thread on 8th April
Well If it is NDA then it is 300+ (100%)

Despite all permutations and combinations of caste factors notwithstanding and ignoring traditional pollsters' twisted gyrations on this factor. Results will be a big surprise for everyone.
on 10th April
Its Tsunami sweeping India. People are not coming out to re-elect a deeply unpopular Govt at centre, 10% in excess of last avg poll %. Pollsters and caste pundits will bite dust this time. NaMo will be in two fingers onlee. :(( :(( :(( :((
Except my Handleshake all others were wrong.

on 11th April
Bihar/Jharkhand Poll feedback for Poll Day 10th April that I got from relatives voting . "Congi/Laloo/JDU are tried and are scamsters. Now let us see Modi." Undecided voters have gone for NaMo. Ladies especially.

Gujrat is gone case for anybody but NaMo.

Bihar, UP, MP, Raj, Chattisgarh, HP, UK, Assam are in grip of TsuNaMo . Caste factors are not going to be major factor in most of the constituencies. They are going to decide who is next PM. Interestingly people are ignoring local candidates credentials unless they are too bad, which is not the case for BJP. So Shahnawaz will return despite what I feel about his work. (yeah yeah I know)

Additional voter turnouts are not going for Any established parties including BJP. They are going for NaMo. Note the subtle difference.
on 12th April I pleaded
Highest seat tally was by Rajiv Gandhi 411.
Now options don't give one choice to put $ in ranges. Perhaps >300 is equal to ?400 and >500 as well. Of course getting >400 and >500 would be deemed impossible in this election. Better options could be in stepping in range of 50. That would give more options for those who are more or less convinced of congi decimation. Or at least , beyond 272 give options in range of 25 or 50.

270-295
295-320
320-345
345-370
370-395
395-420
>420
and Saral wrote ( and a Big thank you for running the numbers)
chaanakya: true but we don't want to complicate life for participants and are sticking with the scale we have. For weighting, the end ranges are considered (for NDA) to be 180 and 320 (if I recall.. the table has that info). So in some sense the scale is ignoring values way below 180 or way above 320 (for NDA).
on 17th
Kanson wrote:
340 plus

well there is only 300+ as last choice. It could be more than 2/3rd as well.
On 25th April
Its going to be landslide, oops , old word, Super Tsunamo

Chaanakya 0 0 0 0 0 100
On 30th April
So far I have not seen any reason to downgrade my estimates of NDA getting more than 300+. In fact there are few states which where zero in my estimates might get few seats as bonus,: these are AP and WB. However, the undercurrent of voting seems to be Buddhu Vs Modi and People want to see Modi, irrespective of their local candidate, as PM. Only strong opposition candidate might survive the Tsunamo. Now this belieft is primarily based on three factors:
1. Large number of voter additions , mostly first timers , young ones. That is one constituency which NaMo has tried to build up assiduously. Addressed their concerns. Irrespective of their income level ( poor people, lower middle income group from rural hinterland of Bihar and UP have seen what Gujarat means to them, I know this first hand). They would vote keeping aside their caste affiliations.
2. Young professionals and Middle class. They are bearing the brunt of unemployment, low or stagnant wages, high aspirations, higher social status not commensurate with expected earnings, economic policies of UPA. They are hopeful of better opportunities if NaMo comes.
3.Women, for obvious reasons. They would be voting irrespective of castes.
The positive for congis would be Narega but it had negative impact on rural farming practices. So those who could not go out of the villeges and benefited from Narega may actually vote for congis besides menfolks who are not in any one of the productive age group, would vote based on caste affiliations. They are large in numbers yet not large enough now to affect NDA chances.
NAREGA had limited impact on Bihar anyway.

SO after 30th Poll

Chaanakya 0 0 0 0 0 100
And on 6th May
In my opinion NaMo Amethi Blockbuster Rally would affect results more in other seats than in Amethi itself. This has shown NaMo in stronger light that he is not afraid of taking on the Mafiosi. He is now pulling out all those traditional cards and throwing the political rule book at the opponents and daring EC to act. in last four days of electioneering. Someone was commenting earlier that he was named PM candidate he may peak early causing voter fatigue. Not only he shows no sign of peaking as yet but also keeping voters' interest glued to his rallies across the country. The undercurrent of support is now becoming quite visible, just as Tsunamo approaches the coast. This has left opposition fuming and ranting and even the core and charming young heartthrob leaders are revealed as shallow.

I guess I am the only member who is from India and who is also feeling confident of NaMo win. :D
and on 7th May
Saral wrote:

Turn-out, not EVM rigging, will be the story of this election. People who are more enthusiastic and pro-change are more likely to show up to vote. Amazingly, this turn out percentage is set to exceed 1984 where Congress got 400+ based on sympathy wave. This increased turn-out will generally favor NDA and, going purely by macro indicators, there is no reason why NDA cannot get near 300 or even exceed it. For same reasons, IMO, UPA will have hard time breaching 120.

+100000......

Congis will be reduced to rump party with less than three digit figure, will not cross 100.

9th May
Well you are not giving any scale after 300. There is no alternative.

It is
Channakya 0 0 0 0 0 0 100

and on 13th May I was Royally wrong
post exit polls\

BJP: 315
NDA : 350+

NI is saffronised.
or was I , NI was indeed saffronised.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

AAP party created "revolution" as desired by its handlers.
But the effect was of comical proportions.

Contested more seats than congis and bjp -around 430+
Lost security deposits in over 410 seats. Won 4 seats. Rest managed to save handlers money.

Definitely "revolution" of sorts any handler would be proud of.

Well done SDRES

8)
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

habal wrote:
To exaggerate the issue in a typical Hebrew fashion, let me say the Israel considers the event part of the recent Independence Day celebrations. Israel won the Indian elections.
http://www.roitov.com/articles/lotus.htm

success has many fathers

That sounds ominous
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

I am going to read newspaper after 5-6 months. I missed all the election analysis. I hope the mods will archive those threads so that I can read them when I have time to breathe...

In any case, congratulations to everyone ...
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

niran wrote: but, Rabri devi and Misa bharti both lost
and icing on cake
Meira Kumar from Congress lost from her ancestral seat :lol: wow! I would say a million wow!

meanwhile it should tickle the cockles of jingos heart that in Varanasi all NaMo opponents lost their deposits
Mayabhen and Chowdhary Ajeet Singh could not open their accounts that is the end on mandal politics (IMVVHO)
The Biggest looser was Nikkuamma alias Nikuuddin. Laloo is always a goner, no more Laloo raj in bihar.

And Hats off to you.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Those NSG guys in Dilli looked weird. They were also at IGI T3. Think I saw at least one M4 rifle with flash suppressor. The masks are a new feature and so are what looked like very un-sdre fair skin :shock:
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:Indira Gandhi international airport is a misnomer since she did all she could to keep such aiports the shabby mess they were.

rename it as PVNR airport, the family will be reminded of it every time they use a plane. have some large murals of the man put up on the driveway.

More important, rename Rajiv gandhi airport in Hyderabad as PVNR Int Airport. Rajiv has no bloody business in Hyderabad. It pisses me off every time I pass thru there.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Victor wrote:Those NSG guys in Dilli looked weird. They were also at IGI T3. Think I saw at least one M4 rifle with flash suppressor. The masks are a new feature and so are what looked like very un-sdre fair skin :shock:
So TFTA!!
member_20036
BRFite

Post by member_20036 »

Saap won 4 seats because they focused on drug menace in Punjab. This is a very serious problem in punjab and need to be solved asap. Both sad and congress drug mafias in them

Modi need to look into them. and credit goes to saap for highlighting it
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

krishnan wrote:Image
Look at the sense of entitlement. This bit*ch should migrate to Pakistan where Hindus have no right to vote. She will be comfortable there.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

who is this soya hasan
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I am optimistic that Punjab will be taken care off.

My reason for the same is, that Modi is a man who is optimistic by nature. When the leader of the nation is optimistic, he will create a environment of optimism, which in turn will make people create such an optimistic future.

Ache din aa gaye
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Zoy Hasan, is from JNU. That ought to tell people all they need to know.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

krishnan wrote:who is this soya hasan
Zoya Hasan is an Indian academic and a political scientist. She is a professor of political science and the dean of School of Social Sciences(SSS) at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and a former member of the National Commission for Minorities.

Ippo puriyutha?
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

SanjayC wrote:
krishnan wrote:
Look at the sense of entitlement. This bit*ch should migrate to Pakistan where Hindus have no right to vote. She will be comfortable there.
Does anyone have a link where she actually says this? I was watching the show while she was on and did not hear it. Just because it was on an internet meme does not make it true... but after reading the latest guardian vomit, I would not be too surprised if a leftwing nut would say it.
Last edited by Raja on 17 May 2014 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

NDTV - "Big Blow to Modi

BRF record still standing - "Most users ever online was 575 on 28 Nov 2008 15:19"

WT_ happened on 28 Nov 2008 @ 15:19!

And bhailog, is the counting still on? ECI sites still shows leads on a few seats!

http://eciresults.ap.nic.in/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Saral, The GJP threads are lurking in BRF Nostalgia forum. Please run the final numbers and post here. After we decide who is the closest we need generate each members stats and have them self assess.
Chanakya they are not deleted. only hidden away.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Regarding the loss of Arun Jetly from Amritsar. Yhe stesterday on some TV channel some congi spokeswoman tried to ask Bjp Spoki what will the status of AJ be in the govt post defeat. Since he is not a member of LS. This was in context of AJ's attacks on MMS's lack of LS seat.

I felt like telling that stupid woman. What happens to Modi's Gujarat seat once he is forced to vacate it. Is their a INC candidate, who can beat AJ on that seat.

Subbu Swamy can be accommodated, on the vacated RS seat by AJ.
member_28257
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28257 »

It seems for the first time since independence UP has no Muslim MP......acche din aane waale hain
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Actually BJP won in riot-affected Muzaffarnagar ...

...and Nitish's party might split after these results (according to the Indian Express)
member_20036
BRFite

Post by member_20036 »

First time seeing:
Hathi ne anda de diya.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I had asked when Nitish broke away from the NDA. I ask again. WTF, was his calculation for breaking away from the NDA. At that juncture. I cannot imagine, that a politician, of his type, could loose, his touch this badly.
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

R_Kumar wrote:
If she doesn't know Hindi why she didn't speak in English. Does she know English? I have never heard her speaking English.
She has to know English otherwise how did she communicate with Rajeev Gandhi? Sign language or interpreter? Unless of course Rajeev was speaking Italian.
Nitesh
BRFite

Post by Nitesh »

Can NDA stage a fake split and Shiv Sena joins the opposition only to be later appointed as leader of opposition by BJP. Is it possible?
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

Narendra Modi’s gloating victory speech was the wrong way to usher in India’s new era
I was expecting great things from Modi’s speech. I was disappointed. The man gloated about his victory; seemed self-absorbed about his role in it; and had no sense of statesmanship.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Nitesh wrote:Can NDA stage a fake split and Shiv Sena joins the opposition only to be later appointed as leader of opposition by BJP. Is it possible?

The problem with this approach is that, it will end up fooling the wrong target set of people. It would be better if this position is kept vacant. With Amma and Naveen as "possible" outsider supporters, the INC will have no support for the demand of the leader of opposition space.

The INC can only do this is chooses to merge with the allied parties. Constituting the UPA as it stands.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

this delhi rally is bad, security lapses galore!!
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

What happens to LOP now? Since Congress is wrapped up under 55.