General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 26m

Modi takes charge even before swearing-in, home secretary to meet the PM designate today to discuss priority areas. http://goo.gl/vH4mnO
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Nitish Kumar's decision to resign as Bihar CM is final, Sharad Yadav says

What a fall, all he had to do was to deliver on the promise of JDus alliance with the BJP and provide good governance to the state.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 48m

Why Ajit Jogi cries foul over poll loss to one of 11 Chandu Lal Sahus http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ajit ... 62554.html … pic.twitter.com/MUqgD8DcMs
Cognitive Dissonance ‏@IndiaPolity 58m

@prasannavishy The BJP won only two seats by less than 5,000 votes and won 195 seats by over 1 lakh votes.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Retweeted by B B SOMANI
Dr.Sweta Patel ‏@Sweta148 17m

#GoodNews - Narendra Modi will take Oath in Sanskrit - Sources Rise of Hinduism"
dunno how true
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Prasanna Viswanathan ‏@prasannavishy 1h

What a stunning mandate by the UP electorate. Modi needs to be indebted to them for ever
Prasanna Viswanathan ‏@prasannavishy 1h

60 BJP candidates in UP won with 1 lakh plus margin out of which 13 won with 3 lakh plus and 20 won with 2 lakh plus margin. Yes #nomodiwave
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Alok Bhatt ‏@alok_bhatt 1h

Liberal world's problem is that they know Modi is here to stay for at least 15 years now!
Sandeep Web ‏@SandeepWeb 1h

Wow! Preemption. Future spin: see we told you Modi had already coopted the SC. These guys are truly evil. pic.twitter.com/ic6GofzFTU
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

wrt to Brother Ajit Jogi, that was so much divine justice...I thought he had won using that army of imposters.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

He has complaint to the EC regarding his loss to the BJP.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

corrupt people are always coward & spineless, pls investigate her 60 crore house
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 2h

Narendra Modi likely to visit Brazil in July http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/nare ... 62540.html … pic.twitter.com/LMQ2uanE5u
It is now almost certain that Narendra Modi's first overseas photo-opportunity will be with President Vladimir Putin and President Xi Jinping of China.

As Prime Minister, Modi is to attend the sixth BRICS summit to be held in Brazil in July 2014 where Putin and Xi Jinping will join the host Brazilian President Dilma Roussef and South African President Jacob Zuma.

"It will be the Prime Minister-designate's first overseas multilateral visit," a senior MEA official said, not ruling out the possibility of it being preceded by other bilateral visits.

"Modi starting off with a BRICS Summit will seen a great signal that India believes in a "multipolar world order", " says G Parthasarathy, former Indian High Commissioner to Islamabad. "This could be followed up by bilateral visits to Japan, Vietnam and South Korea."

"There is no need to hurry a visit to Washington as it would seem undignified given how they have behaved," Parthasarathy says adding Modi will have ample opportunity to meet Obama during the East Asian and G 20 Summits both to be held in November this year.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Pratyush wrote:Nitish Kumar's decision to resign as Bihar CM is final, Sharad Yadav says

What a fall, all he had to do was to deliver on the promise of JDus alliance with the BJP and provide good governance to the state.
JDU minus Nikuamma can continue alliance with BJP and deliver on their promise of good governance else go for a new Mandate.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

First of all nikku lost his naitikata (morality) when he broke his alliance with BJP and still continued as CM.
kvjayan
BRFite

Post by kvjayan »

Secular journalist talking about Upanishads! What a fall!!
IndraD wrote:Image

corrupt people are always coward & spineless, pls investigate her 60 crore house
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

pankajs wrote:
Sandeep Web ‏@SandeepWeb 1h

Wow! Preemption. Future spin: see we told you Modi had already coopted the SC. These guys are truly evil. pic.twitter.com/ic6GofzFTU

I guess these worthies are discussing about SC based on their past experience. Can MihirSSharma be tried for contempt of court?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Re: Sagarika Ghose. Is'nt she the same woman who was suggesting/recommending to Modi what religious establishments he should visit? :lol:. And now voila within 24 hours the change is in the air. Strong followers of world's oldest profession seems to have a bit more of honour and dignity.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

dna ‏@dna 44m

BJP leader Kalyan Singh today demanded resignation of Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav http://dnai.in/cduL
Amit Malviya ‏@malviyamit 46m

Shourie is believed to have been asked to remain in Delhi while #Modi is holding consultations to decide his Cabinet. http://ecoti.ms/ASow7b
Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 54m

Election Commission points out the blindingly obvious: AAP is not a national party. [Except in TV studios.] #India http://m.economictimes.com/news/politic ... 332846.cms
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NitiCentral NitiCentral.com 1h
#nitishkumar's big mistake | #Cartoon by @ManojKureel http://www.niticentral.com/2014/05/17/n ... 24552.html … pic.twitter.com/lYECmMhIOx

member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

Nitish to choose new Bihar CM, who will be named tomorrow

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 332728.cms
"Nitish will not be chief minister, but we will continue to work under his direction," he added.
Looks like 2 centres of power in Bihar as well.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

And he has no Majority. Come to think of it there is No Alternative to dissolving the assembly and obtaining fresh mandate. This (im)moral posturing from Nikuaama is sickening. He forgets that he won the last Assembly election on coalition platform with BJP and now BJP has got thumping majority and he is all but decimated along with congis and RJD. In fact he has no morals at all.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Reportedly some 18 Governorships are to change and Bihar's may be one .. lets wait and watch.
Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 1h

Pew survey showed that nearly 80% of Indians hold a favorable view of Modi. But his critics pretend 69% oppose him. http://m.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/an-o ... EhhhjfBnRo
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

How come Sagarika did not mention Quran and Bible to find references to Secularism.
Did she not read #YoSagarikaSoSecular tweets.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

pankajs wrote:Reportedly some 18 Governorships are to change and Bihar's may be one .. lets wait and watch.
Sadanand Dhume ‏@dhume 1h

Pew survey showed that nearly 80% of Indians hold a favorable view of Modi. But his critics pretend 69% oppose him. http://m.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/an-o ... EhhhjfBnRo
Why these 18 shameless leeches not resign on their own.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Some will for their crimes are too well known like the one currently stationed at Karnataka Raj bhavan (teetar gossip) but most hope to keep a low profile, survive and enjoy public money for some more time and need to be kicked out. Not very unusual in India.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Self explanatory,

http://whycongresslost.in/
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Narendra Modi, on Twitter, Thanks World Leaders, No Mention of US
Narendra Modi, to be India's next prime minister, has taken to Twitter to thank fellow leaders in Japan, Russia, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Australia for their good wishes.

But one man still waiting for a reply is US Secretary of State John Kerry.

While Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has had two mentions and Russian President Vladimir Putin received warm words on Monday, Mr Modi has conspicuously made no reference at all to the leaders of the world's superpower.

Washington, along with European powers, boycotted the 63-year-old for a decade and denied him a visa over religious violence in Gujarat in 2002 while he was the state's chief minister.

About 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, were killed. Mr Modi has never been found guilty of wrongdoing over the riots, and has denied any wrongdoing.

Mr Kerry tweeted congratulations to Modi on Friday after a landslide win for his Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party, saying he looked forward to working with him and "growing shared prosperity/security".

Britain had also boycotted Modi, but British Prime Minister David Cameron sent a message of congratulations on Friday which was acknowledged by Mr Modi the day afterwards. "Hoping to further strengthen India-UK relations," he wrote.

President Barack Obama telephoned Modi but has yet to comment in person. He had warm words for his predecessor on Saturday, however.

As Dr Manmohan Singh left office after 10 years in power, Obama called to tell him that that there were "very few people in public life that I have admired or appreciated more".

Mr Modi has displayed no rancour publicly about his treatment by Washington, telling an interviewer earlier this month that foreign relations "should not and cannot be influenced by incidents related to individuals".

But analysts are looking closely at how the world's biggest democracies can work together with Mr Modi at the helm and following a highly damaging row over the arrest of an Indian diplomat in New York in December.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Bolded the names of country so that people can scan who is included and who is not.

From Modi's twitter page:
https://twitter.com/narendramodi

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 16m
We will continue our active contribution to the @UN & work with all the nations towards world peace & development.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 15m
My gratitude to @UN Secretary General Mr. Ban Ki-moon for his good wishes. India values our long & proud relationship with the UN.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 18m
Had a telephonic conversation with PM of Spain Mr. Mariano Rajoy. We look forward to working with each other to strengthen India-Spain ties.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 20m
Spoke to Chancellor Merkel. Thanked her for her wishes. We look forward to closer relations between India & Germany in the coming years.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 21m
I spoke to President Hollande over the telephone & accepted his wishes. We both understand the importance of strong India-French ties.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 22m
I thank President Zuma for his wishes & congratulate him on his re-election as President of South Africa. @SAPresident

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 4h
Personally, I have a wonderful experience of working with Japan as CM. I am sure we will take India-Japan ties to newer heights.

My gratitude to Prime Minister @AbeShinzo for extending his good wishes. Strong relations with Japan is beneficial for both our nations.

India-Russia friendship has stood the test of time. We will further strengthen our relations in a wide range of fields. @KremlinRussia_E

I thank President Putin for his good wishes. Looking forward to making our relations with Russia even stronger in the years to come.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi 18h
Nepal is an old & deeply valued friend. We are committed to strengthening our relations with Nepal in various spheres.

I thank President of Nepal Shri Ram Baran Yadav, Prime Minister Shri Sushil Koirala & former PM Shri Baburam Bhattarai for their wishes.

Had a telephonic conversation with @pmharper. Thanked him for his wishes & talked about our commitment to strengthen India-Canada relations.

Narendra Modi ‏@narendramodi May 17
Extremely grateful to His Holiness the Dalai Lama for his wishes and words of appreciation http://www.dalailama.com/news/post/1131 ... endra-modi … @DalaiLama
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Has there been any congratulations message from China yet ? That is the only major country missing in the list besides US.
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

Sumeet wrote:Has there been any congratulations message from China yet ? That is the only major country missing in the list besides US.
Here is what I can see:

1) US called Modi - Modi didn't acknowledge, English MSM did
2) The rest of the world called Modi - Modi acknowledged, English MSM didn't

So, who are the "sources" for the English MSM? Are they different from the "sources" that speculate on the potential cabinet structure?
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Yep Prakash I agree.

I noticed one more thing. In that article from NDTV they mention:

Narendra Modi, on Twitter, Thanks World Leaders, No Mention of US
Britain had also boycotted Modi, but British Prime Minister David Cameron sent a message of congratulations on Friday which was acknowledged by Mr Modi the day afterwards. "Hoping to further strengthen India-UK relations," he wrote.
But on Modi's twitter page I cannot find it.
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

Sumeet wrote:Yep Prakash I agree.

I noticed one more thing. In that article from NDTV they mention:
But on Modi's twitter page I cannot find it.
I think he did. I saw one addressed to 10 Downing Street and David Cameron
EDIT: Oh, he has removed it? Odd!
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Hearing rumours that Bedi would be leading Delhi BJP as the potential CM ...
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Virendra wrote:Hearing rumours that Bedi would be leading Delhi BJP as the potential CM ...
That will be excellent especially for women security. Modi at centre and bedi as CM Delhi should be pretty safe then.
Ashok Sarraff
BRFite

Post by Ashok Sarraff »

But Bedi is very independent-minded. May decide not to follow BJP/Sangh guidelines on occasions.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Folks - does anyone know where Assembly segment level data of present LS polls can be found? I checked both ECI site and Indiavotes site, but neither has Assembly level data yet (at least, I didn't find it). So, link to Assembly level data of polls, if it can be found, would be greatly appreciated.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Jerusalem Post

Terra Incognita Why Modi Matters

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists ... ers-352638
Last edited by Murugan on 19 May 2014 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
MurthyG
BRFite -Trainee

Post by MurthyG »

Also notice choice of words:
Old and deep valued for Nepal, gratitude for HH Dalai Lama and Abe.
Reference to time tested relationship with Russia.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Didn't Bibi and his government congratulate NaMo? I would be glad if NaMo acknowledged Israel's overtures.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Gadkari tweeted 2 months back K Bedi will be Delhi CM candidate
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

IT will be real fun if Modi can facilitate JJ&NP+TRS to form an alliance to get LOP.
It will be a slap on the face of Eelamists :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Singha wrote:NDTV

New Delhi: It isn't just allies who are lining up in Delhi to meet Narendra Modi, who will take over soon as India's next prime minister.

Today, Jagan Mohan Reddy, the regional powerhouse from Andhra Pradesh, accompanied by his MPs, travelled to Delhi for an appointment with Mr Modi.

Officially, they say the agenda is to discuss what sort of financial assistance will be extended to Andhra Pradesh by the new government. But privately, sources close to Jagan Mohan say that he also wants a reassurance that Mr Modi's ally, Chandrababu Naidu, who will take over as the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, will not persecute him with corruption cases.

A recent post on the Facebook page of Mr Naidu's Telugu Desam Party or TDP, says "It is beyond doubt that he (Jagan Mohan) is going back to jail in 45 days." On Sunday, Mr Naidu said, "The law must take its own course... I don't have a grudge against anybody."
And CBN added to this by saying, even if I let these things go, Modi is not going to leave corrupt/criminal leaders alone. They will be sent to jail in 1 yr.