General Elections 2014- Transition of power & World Reaction

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: General Elections 2014- Largest peaceful transition of p

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:
SanjayC wrote:US scientists 'hack' India electronic voting machines

By Julian Siddle Science reporter, BBC News

{quote}Scientists at a US university say they have developed a technique to hack into Indian electronic voting machines. After connecting a home-made device to a machine, University of Michigan researchers were able to change results by sending text messages from a mobile.{/quote}

What was the purpose of this exercise? it hardly looks academic interest!!!
I was in a major PSU manufacturing these EVMs during the testing phase. the psu employees insisted that the machines were un hackable. I suggested the psu sponsor a hacking contest with a considerable cash prize with the hacking done on company premises itself, for security reasons.

one constituency in Bangalore, among several such constituencies countrywide which had a paper trail feature on an experimental basis. The paper used was thermal and would last about six months before the ink faded away. Each vote has details recorded on a piece of thermal paper cut automatically from a roll and the credit card receipt size slip was captured in a sealed compartment in the EVM machine itself .
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Manny wrote:True about the SC/Sts as Hindus..but they ought to be given the benefits accorded to minorities IMO. The only Hindu group who deserves that.
Nah, saar. Minorities require/deserve no special benefits. SCs/STs are given special benefits for other reasons i.e. historical injustice. It is not even current poverty/economic status but rather a historical injustice. So, no other group can claim that specially on religious basis.

Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis...etc have all been historically very well off. Crutch is needed only for those who can't walk on their own feet. Giving a crutch to a healthy person makes him act as if he were a lame person.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

^^

We also need to get rid of Western definition of religion being applied to all and sundry.
In traditional sense even Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism are what we call in vernaculars "sampradayas" i.e. sects.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

SRoy wrote:Manny@Self_goal

How exactly SC's fall under minority definition? They just have a special status among overall Hindu society due to historical reasons.

True.. In numbers they may or may not fall under "minority" but I am ok with that special status for them for a while.. It needs a statue of limitations..maybe another 50 years.. maybe? Details details. :D
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

SRoy wrote:^^

We also need to get rid of Western definition of religion being applied to all and sundry.
In traditional sense even Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism are what we call in vernaculars "sampradayas" i.e. sects.
Minutia. But the Jains and Sikhs and Buddhists want to be identified as a different religion and that matters.. and we ought to respect that as well.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

johneeG wrote:
Manny wrote:True about the SC/Sts as Hindus..but they ought to be given the benefits accorded to minorities IMO. The only Hindu group who deserves that.
Nah, saar. Minorities require/deserve no special benefits. SCs/STs are given special benefits for other reasons i.e. historical injustice. It is not even current poverty/economic status but rather a historical injustice. So, no other group can claim that specially on religious basis.

Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis...etc have all been historically very well off. Crutch is needed only for those who can't walk on their own feet. Giving a crutch to a healthy person makes him act as if he were a lame person.
This is not about help and financial assist alone. I am sure the Proud Sikhs and Jains would loathe the hint of any patronizing tone of even calling them a "minority". But in terms of making sure they are NOT consumed/digested religiously by the larger group. Even saying that they are different sects of the larger Hinduism is offensive to many people. Hindus need to be careful in that regard.

Same way, Jews in the US are minorities, but doesn't mean they are looking for handouts.. but a space for them to practice their own faith is more like it. Which the Christians and Muslims do not IMO deserve any such status in India. They get all the support from the greater world religious organizations from the Vatican to the Southern Baptist evangelicals to the Muslims brotherhood respectively.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

My Father in law was involved in the counting process. The evening before they imparted training on how to perform the counting. He said the proceedings were satisfactory and there wasn't much confusion.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Manny wrote:
This is not about help and financial assist alone. I am sure the Proud Sikhs and Jains would loathe the hint of any patronizing tone of even calling them a "minority". But in terms of making sure they are NOT consumed/digested religiously by the larger group. Even saying that they are different sects of the larger Hinduism is offensive to many people. Hindus need to be careful in that regard.
This is a social engineering term. Indian society is unqiue and cannot be imagined in the western view.
This offensive feeling is also due to social engineering. We need to remove this kind of western thought process and western teaching inside India.
Same way, Jews in the US are minorities, but doesn't mean they are looking for handouts.. but a space for them to practice their own faith is more like it. Which the Christians and Muslims do not IMO deserve any such status in India. They get all the support from the greater world religious organizations from the Vatican to the Southern Baptist evangelicals to the Muslims brotherhood respectively.
India was not born yesterday
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: General Elections 2014- Transition of power & World Reac

Post by ramana »

Now that the elections are over changed the title to capture world reactions also.

Thanks,

ramana
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

chetak wrote:
SanjayC wrote:ABP News flash citing sources:

Jaitley: Finance
Sushma: Defence
Rajnath: Home
Harshvardhan: Health
Ravi Shankar Prasad: Foreign Ministry
MM Joshi: Agriculture
what exactly would/could aunty sushma bring to Defence?? :-? :-? :-?
It's too early. I would put shourie in finance, amit in home, harsh in health, sibal in foreign, doval in nsa slot, keep rajan in RBI (this guy hates inflation which is a good thing). I'm not to sure about agri.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

William Dalrymple on CNN repeating same old same old. Apologies blah blah.

It is not like he is insulting those waiting to collect apologies. Dalrymple seem to have no answer or even ideas about why should he apologise, about clarity of way of law, etc and of course total silence about conspiracy to kill Hindu pilgrims at godhra station that started riots.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

X-posted....
This apology stuff is a Christian Catholic Church meme of "Peccavi, I have sinned!" Its like a sinner sitting in the box and confessing to the Catholic Priest.

I don't see why Modi should apologize for something he didn't do. Asking for apology is a non-starter and an insult to people of India who voted him with largest number of votes then the next ten leaders in the world.

I don't want to comment on Christie for his people did do something and he took responsibility. Its not like he did it because "buck stops here" mind set. So example of Christie is a non-sequitor.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

svinayak wrote:
Manny wrote:
This is a social engineering term. Indian society is unqiue and cannot be imagined in the western view.
This offensive feeling is also due to social engineering. We need to remove this kind of western thought process and western teaching inside India.
India was not born yesterday

Not its not..If a Jain or a Sikh says he/she is part of the larger Hindu umbrella thats one thing..but the Hindu has no right to claim a Sikhs and Jains are Hindus albeit Buddhist and Jains may have be a strain from Hinduism the way Christianity is a strain from Judaism.

And what does "India is not born yesterday" even mean? :D
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

But these buggers at HT are at it again

http://www.hindustantimes.com/elections ... 20753.aspx
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

I was hearing a discussion on the local NPR news here in US, and the recurrent theme was the same. Muslims have to fear the new government.
Minorities might be persecuted.

To the uninitiated american population, it would appear as if India is Rwanda and that we have a genocide in making.

Also, there was a surprising analogy of the Muslims in india now with the African Americans here in 1960.

Basically nothing positive to say about the new leader.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

NPR is becoming a piece of garbage..I cannot believe I used to send money to that leftist organization.

They invite the Anti Hindu bigots like Wendy Doniger where she flat out lied that India has special laws to protect Hindus (exclusively) and those laws prevented her from publishing her vile Anti Hindu trash.
Last edited by Manny on 20 May 2014 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Even in Finnish press, it is the usual terms like "Far right Hindu Nationalist". There is also the reflexive distrust of someone being referred to as Putin-like personality. All this means, most goras here feel India has got a BNP-equivalent to rule in India. Earlier IH used to fight Rajdeeps Arnabs Burkhas and Prasoons, now the attacks will be far more widespread and probably more coordinated.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Manny wrote:NPR is becoming a piece of garbage..I cannot believe I used to send money to that leftist organization.

They invite the Anti Hindu bigots like Wendy Doniger where she flat out lied that India has special laws to protect Hindus and those laws prevented her from publishing her vile Anti Hindu trash.
Just lie low and work hard. When we begin getting our act together at home and increase our influence in Washington, the attitude will change must faster. Already, they have been reduced to "Modi's pogrom" to "Modi didn't do enough.." Once US business comes fully on board they will begin pumping more money into the media to push a more positive image of India to justify their investments. Let them say what they want to say. Personally, I love seeing them squirm now.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

prahaar wrote:Even in Finnish press, it is the usual terms like "Far right Hindu Nationalist". There is also the reflexive distrust of someone being referred to as Putin-like personality. All this means, most goras here feel India has got a BNP-equivalent to rule in India. Earlier IH used to fight Rajdeeps Arnabs Burkhas and Prasoons, now the attacks will be far more widespread and probably more coordinated.
Nobody gives a sh*t anymore. When US companies begin entering Indian markets in a big way and India emerges as an industrial and military powerhouse, these lefty knuckleheads will shut up. Especially at a time when unemployment is really high in the US.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

prahaar wrote:Even in Finnish press, it is the usual terms like "Far right Hindu Nationalist". There is also the reflexive distrust of someone being referred to as Putin-like personality. All this means, most goras here feel India has got a BNP-equivalent to rule in India. Earlier IH used to fight Rajdeeps Arnabs Burkhas and Prasoons, now the attacks will be far more widespread and probably more coordinated.
Don't bother. When adversaries or irrelevant idiots pi$$ out and then lap up their own propagandu, encourage them. Distance from reality and reason should be encouraged among these types. Meanwhile, focus on making money with those who have the common sense to understand that we want nothing from them other than mutually beneficial trade. Everything else is optional, though we are against nothing. Come to mommy.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

chetak wrote:
SanjayC wrote:ABP News flash citing sources:
Jaitley: Finance
Sushma: Defence
Rajnath: Home
Harshvardhan: Health
Ravi Shankar Prasad: Foreign Ministry
MM Joshi: Agriculture
RoyG wrote:It's too early. I would put shourie in finance, amit in home, harsh in health, sibal in foreign, doval in nsa slot, keep rajan in RBI (this guy hates inflation which is a good thing). I'm not to sure about agri.
RoyG Ji :

sibal in foreign : Really?

Cheers Image
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

chetak wrote:
she can defend her conduct when questioned by NaMo or his bhakths. :lol:

jokes aside-- no media has exact detials of who will be cabinet. it is all hearsay.

considering the troubles and sulking and numerous "ooohs and aaahs" (please note Mortji )caused to anti NAMo camp she has can be used a tool (like a lemon) to ward of evil to NaMo. 8)
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Kanwal Sibal you bloody hindu. :D
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

This is too Funny: People are unfriending one another on Facebook, due to this election.. Ha Ha Ha!

I have been vocal on my FB page but no one has unfriended me yet.. But I am sure they are thinking it. I am waiting for these lefties to get a conniption and bust a blood vessel or something!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech ... 353134.cms

Some have gone to the extent of accusing Modi's supporters of pushing the country to the brink. "Their rants are understandable considering that they are facing an existential threat now that what they thought unthinkable has happened. These folks have strained every nerve and muscle to argue and convince others why Modi should not win. They are too shocked now to accept the reality of the people's verdict," said Parvati Nair, a techie who shuttles between Mumbai and Bangalore.

Psychiatrists said Modi has not only affected the Sensex but even the nation's collective emotions.

"There is an optimism currently that is almost manic in intensity, so if the promises are not delivered upon, we will next have a major depressive feeling," said Dr Kersi Chavda, former president of Mumbai Psychiatric Society, about the prevailing mood.

Psychiatrist Harish Shetty termed this reaction "an emotional arousal". He said, "The overall mental health has improved with all the talk of hope, but there is a sharp divide among people who support Modi and those who don't." Within families as well, he reported intense emotional battles brought on by Modi's victory. "I see families where spouses are divided over Modi," Dr Shetty added.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Manny wrote:This is too Funny: People are unfriending one another on Facebook, due to this election.. Ha Ha Ha!

I have been vocal on my FB page but no one has unfriended me yet.. But I am sure they are thinking it. I am waiting for these lefties to get a conniption and bust a blood vessel or something!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech ... 353134.cms

Some have gone to the extent of accusing Modi's supporters of pushing the country to the brink. "Their rants are understandable considering that they are facing an existential threat now that what they thought unthinkable has happened. These folks have strained every nerve and muscle to argue and convince others why Modi should not win. They are too shocked now to accept the reality of the people's verdict," said Parvati Nair, a techie who shuttles between Mumbai and Bangalore.

Psychiatrists said Modi has not only affected the Sensex but even the nation's collective emotions.

"There is an optimism currently that is almost manic in intensity, so if the promises are not delivered upon, we will next have a major depressive feeling," said Dr Kersi Chavda, former president of Mumbai Psychiatric Society, about the prevailing mood.

Psychiatrist Harish Shetty termed this reaction "an emotional arousal". He said, "The overall mental health has improved with all the talk of hope, but there is a sharp divide among people who support Modi and those who don't." Within families as well, he reported intense emotional battles brought on by Modi's victory. "I see families where spouses are divided over Modi," Dr Shetty added.
Massive negative publicity has damaged th sense of reality among the literate but functionally illiterate
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

RoyG wrote:Kanwal Sibal you bloody hindu. :D
It is his brother who is in BJP
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

There is so much of "shock and awe" at the sheer scale of Mr.M's victory in the West and the enormity off the consequences.No longer can they depend upon a "mafia queen" and the White House "butler" to serve their interests.There is much ,gnashing of teeth,wringing of hands,ranting and raging and also pant-wetting in western climes.

However,fire-fighting is apace,with the hilarious and absurd Congress High Command's "Working Committee" hard(ly) at work today.As expected,the blame for the catastrophic defeat was all Mr.Modi's fault.it was poor "communications" that was responsible.The "mouse" roared and said that it wasn't Soniaji or Rahul-G's fault.There should be "collective responsibility".Soniaji was given total power as party pres. to take decisions.In other words,keep passing the buck till the music stops,and see to it that the hand-picked scapegoats of "Soniaji" are made the sacrificial goats. A long-winded statement to the same was read out,which must've taken a few hours to compose,so obvious that the entire show was nothing but an orchestrated tamasha-right down to the chants outside of pro-Rahul supporters.For the West to retain its influence in India,is must save Soniaji! No problem for Congress quislings like "snake-oil" Singh to propose that Soniaji continue as PP.

Time for a "pee-pee" what?!
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

@TSJ ^^^ : "Back on the sauce again, eh? Geez.....I suppose I'll have to endure this for the next few years until everybody realizes that politics is the hand maiden of the silver tongued charletans and their vested interests.

Endure you must. Arbeit Macht Frei, In Vino Veritas, Semper Fidelis (no not Castro), In Go(l)d we trust. E Unum Pluribus.

BTW, those auto suggests are treacherous: Charlatans. 'Charletans' were courtesans.

Actually, our worldviews are not that far apart.

An ounce of grace would help.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Article in HuffPost by Vamsee Juluri:

India v. Hinduphobia: What Narendra Modi's Election as Prime Minister Really Means
Narendra Modi's victory needs to be understood beyond the two commonly heard positions we have heard these past few months leading up to the election.
"If Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and so many different kind of Hindus divided by language, custom, caste and history still share a land and history so deeply, they know it is not simply because of India's secular constitution, but because of Hinduism's ancient legacy of respecting all faiths."
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

HOW INDIA'S NEW PRIME MINISTER WON OVER THE TEA PARTY
HOW INDIA'S NEW PRIME MINISTER WON OVER THE TEA PARTY
By Lee Fang May 19 2014

Gujarat state's chief minister, Narendra Modi, who is about to become prime minister of India. Photo via Flickr user Global Panorama

An online advertisement in the last US congressional election flashed a series of scary images: burning American flags, masked Islamic militants brandishing rifles, the Twin Towers engulfed in flames on 9/11, a message about Benghazi, a claim that a Muslim civil rights group was tied to terrorism, and finally, a call to support Tea Party Republican Joe Walsh over his Democratic opponent because of her support for said Muslim civil rights group.

A fringe campaign effort? Sure. But the spot was sponsored by a group with deep ties to the man about to assume control of India's nuclear arsenal, Narendra Modi.

In fact, the incoming prime minister of India may well be the first world leader to record a welcome message for an American political action committee. "I am sure that the National Indian Coalition and the leadership of Mr. Kumar can help us greatly," Modi said, staring blankly into the camera for a recorded message on behalf of Indian Americans for Freedom, the Republican super PAC that produced the pro-Walsh spot. The PAC is run by Modi's American consigliere, a Chicago-area businessman named Shalabh 'Shalli' Kumar.

Modi just became the leader of the world's largest democracy by leading his Hindu nationalist Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) to a landslide victory at the polls. And as he sets forth with a new vision for India, the premier-elect's deep ties to the American right wing, forged almost solely through the tireless work for Kumar, are likely to cause trouble for both sides.

Critics say Modi, known for overseeing impressive economic growth as chief minister of Gujarat state, which borders Pakistan and was the adopted home of Mohandas Gandhi, may signal a dark turn in India's politics. Modi, no fan of civil liberties, has courted far-right zealots, including the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), of which he is a member. The RSS is a hard-line Hindu paramilitary group that started as a fascist organization modeled on Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party (the founder advocated purging India's Muslims as Hitler massacred Europe's Jews), and Modi's close adviser Amit Shah is an alleged murderer and anti-Muslim activist. During the 2002 riots in Gujarat, where more than 1,000 people, most of them Muslim, were killed, observers say Modi ignored or was even complicit in the violence. The New York Times, in covering the controversy, noted Modi's only regret over the incident consisted of not handling the news media better.

It was the riots, along with the flood of ensuing international condemnations, that placed Modi on a path that has him in the peculiar position of being much closer to Republican lawmakers and Tea Party leaders than any official in the Obama administration he's now tasked with engaging diplomatically.

Three years after the riots, human-rights groups caught wind that Modi had been invited by a hotel trade association for a talk in South Florida with MSNBC's Chris Matthews and then Governor Jeb Bush. The rights groups, which included a coalition of Christian, Hindu, and Muslim organizations, lobbied US officials to block Modi's visit. After a bipartisan group of lawmakers proposed a resolution condemning Modi “for his actions to incite religious persecution,” the State Department denied his visa. As Zahir Janmohamed recounts, in those days, even American Evangelicals rallied to the cause of religious freedom and were happy to join secular forces in condemning Modi.

The visa denial, considered a slap in the face to Modi and his allies, or as he called it, "an attack on Indian sovereignty," set forth a furious lobbying campaign by Modi's American allies. In particular, it was a call-to-arms for Kumar, a longtime Republican activist and confidant of the new premier.

After years of pleading with lawmakers in his network, Kumar, a top fund-raiser for Republicans among Indian Americans, set about changing the visa policy like any other interest group: by throwing money at the problem. Beginning in 2010, the Kumar family began pumping cash into Republican campaign accounts, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich's presidential campaign, the South Carolina Republican Party (which was on its way to electing the first Indian American woman as governor, Nikki Haley), the Republican National Committee, and their own super PAC, Indian Americans for Freedom.

The payoff came almost immediately. Haley provided a recorded wedding toast to Kumar's son and started meeting with his group. According to IndiaWest, Kumar began working with Congressman Pete Sessions, a Texas Republican and chief strategist for the House GOP, to form the "'Sessions-Kumar Project' to recruit and support 10 Republicans in bids for Congress who support a pro-India platform, the main plank of which is getting a US visa for Modi."

The biggest boost came from then Congressman Joe Walsh of Illinois, one of the loudest Tea Party Republicans in Congress at the time, who wrote a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asking that Modi be granted a visa. Walsh told local reporters that he felt comfortable with Modi as someone with "quite a successful track record" of fiscal responsibility, "kind of like a Tea Party free market guy in India, which I found very appealing." Walsh, who participated in events to highlight anti-Christian persecution while in office, has downplayed the fact that Modi's nationalist Hindu supporters in the RSS have overseen forced religious conversions and attacks on India's Christian community. In any case, the Kumar Super PAC thanked the congressman by spending thousands of dollars on his unsuccessful bid for reelection in 2012.
Last edited by svinayak on 20 May 2014 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Lee Fang May has written a ridiculous journalistic POS.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Lee has bared his poisonous Fang
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Vice magazine has, among its cofounders and editorial board, a wealthy Canada-raised Paki of the highest echelon RAPE breeding: Suroosh Alvi. His great uncle was Major Gen. Rashid Alvi of TSPA. Lee Fang whatever is just his chop chop boy.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

If Memory serves Rashid Alvi was shot dead in Pakistan... Many suspected an institution of supreme idiots as chief culprit...
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Manny wrote:I have been vocal on my FB page but no one has unfriended me yet.. But I am sure they are thinking it. I am waiting for these lefties to get a conniption and bust a blood vessel or something!
A Keralite "intellectual" who is my FB friend's friend had put a comment that any body in his friend list who is a Modi sympathiser has been unfriended. He requested the existing set also to unfriend him, if they are Modi sympathisers :lol: :lol:. If any body who need to be made irrelevant it is these intellectuals. U.R Ananthamurthy is now busy collected Money Orders, in order to march out of the country. Other intellectuals of his calibre should also be named & shamed in such a manner.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Let's put a list of leaders who be given important ministries based on their skills.

Home: Be with Modi or with Rajnath Singh
Law: Arun Jaitley
External Affairs: Ravi Shankar Prasad
Defence: V. K Singh ( A soldier at the helm of defence does justice to this ministry)
Ministry of Finance: Arun Shourie
Railway: Sushma Swaraj
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: Shahnawaz
Urban development: Nitin Gadkari
Ministry of Communications and Information Technology: Naqvi

Minority affairs: Ahluwalia
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

JE Menon wrote:If Memory serves Rashid Alvi was shot dead in Pakistan... Many suspected an institution of supreme idiots as chief culprit...
Same fellow. Had close relatives in high places in the West. Suroosh's family is hugely wealthy even by Canadian standards- he never had to work for a living and started Vice magazine on his khaandani money. Possibly Rashid was an establishment-vetted interlocutor for Western interests in TSPA. Could be the Idiots whacked him for leaking some particularly sensitive Drone-acharya coordinates, or something similar.

Also, they are Shia I believe.
Last edited by Rudradev on 20 May 2014 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

NO Sushma Swaraj, AJ or Rajnath Singh for Home, finance and MEA. Their integrity is suspect for SS and AJ and the RS is old school politician.

We need impeccable integrity and modern ideas of the likes of Shourie, VK Singh, Modi and Amit Shah.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

There is a separate govt formation thread for the cabinet discussion, gentlemen, please take it there.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

RoyG wrote: It's too early. I would put shourie in finance, amit in home, harsh in health, sibal in foreign, doval in nsa slot, keep rajan in RBI (this guy hates inflation which is a good thing). I'm not to sure about agri.
Brahma Chellaney was topmost contendor for NSA's post in 2009 election had BJP came to power.