कलाम ने अखबार,

सोनिया ने देश बेचा,
केजरी ने अन्ना को बेचा,
मनमोहन ने स्वाभिमान।।
SanjayC
BRFite

Re: General Elections 2014 : RESULTS thread

Post by SanjayC »

Marten wrote:btw folks, it is DeNtsu. In India, iirc they acquired Rediffusion, and subsequently were Rediffusion Dentsu Young & Rubicam. Balki and Arun Nanda... wonder if they were involved in this fiasco.
Dentsu is in the same building as my office in Delhi, just a floor above. Keep bumping into these dudes -- both Japanese and Indian -- all the time. It is among world's top ad agencies. In their defence, I would say, you can't sell sh*it to people even if you hire the best ad agency in the world. Just an anecdote: The lift in office building is crap. Japs used to get stuck all the time, banging the door. They became wiser to Indian ways and now religiously take the stairs. :mrgreen:
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^
+1008, my worry is who after Modi?????
Too early to worry about this IMO. Sachin is just starting his career now. Let us enjoy his game for years to come. We will always get a Dhoni, a Kholi, a Shikar Dhawan, and many others.

IMHO, there is no dearth of visionaries and capable individuals in India. The cosy group in Delhi had ruthlessly prevented their emergence so far. Modi has created an opening now with his emergence and I am sure many others will emerge now. Modi will pave way for their emergence and actually work towards containing the Delhi group to regroup.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Modi showers lavish praise on Amit Shah in Ahmedabad speech, says such an achievement in UP was unthinkable. it was heartening to see people looking for Shah when I reached Ganga Ghat for AArti
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Those suffering from low BP here is your medicine for today
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?290764
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Whenever Sonia sees Modiji in Parliament, she will have uncontrollable rona-dhona

She wanted to kick out MMS and put in PAPPU as PM with full majority. No allies. We will get 272 in 2015. Then my beta is going to be peeyem of this wretched souls.

Now she has only should see Modiji as PM but with full majority and also 336 for NDA. Must be hard for Queen Bee to see this whole thing.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

IndraD wrote:AAP is considering referendum again to form govt with congress :twisted:

And ramana ji wanted to close AAP thread, these jokers will never accept defeat unless thrashed personally
No sir, just look at Kejru - he got more slaps than seats, and yet thinks of himself as a hero.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

IndraD wrote:Those suffering from low BP here is your medicine for today
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?290764
Recently, a 19-year-old Indian visitor to the EU put it as follows: ‘This continent should just retire gracefully’. You can only imagine how painful it is for a European to hear how the future leaders of India see us. :rotfl:

However, we do not despair, for there is hope for the old continent. After all, we are also the culture that generated the scientific revolution and still continues its commitment to the search for truth.

Today, we need the Europe that is open to radically new perspectives on the world, the Europe that gave space for the development of unorthodox theories. We need the Europe that dreamt of an ‘Oriental renaissance’ and believed that the discovery of Indian culture would create a revolution in regenerating its own culture. We need the Europeans who are fascinated when they hear that we have completely misunderstood another culture and that we have major things to learn from India.

It is this Europe that should now wake up and open her eyes to the new world of the 21st century. It is this Europe that will meet India anew and treat her like the sister she is.
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

My wedding anniversary :D
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

LokeshC wrote:They are saying that Detsu took the money and did nothing :rotfl: Irony!!!!!
Congress led by Sonia Gandhi/rahul gandhi in Govt was the same. Took money and did nothing. So why blame Dentsu
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

CWC meet congress holds RSS_MOSAD responsible for defeat! (India TV) I hv screen shot
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

IndraD wrote:CWC meet congress holds RSS_MOSAD responsible for defeat! (India TV) I hv screen shot
Post it please!

Hindu-Jewish conspiracy?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

vivek.rao wrote:
IndraD wrote:CWC meet congress holds RSS_MOSAD responsible for defeat! (India TV) I hv screen shot
Post it please!

Hindu-Jewish conspiracy?
one can notice sardar ji on right in CWC meet
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Some good ones
The UnReal Times @TheUnRealTimes · 6h

Sagarika Ghose: "Why just maa? Modi ought to have said that the BJP was like his Ammi too" (via @ashwinskumar)
The UnReal Times @TheUnRealTimes · 7h

Advani: "Modi won't even let me beat him in getting emotional. Even here he has to overshadow me. Boohoo!"
The UnReal Times @TheUnRealTimes · 7h

Meanwhile, Amit Shah has made note of all those who were crying along with Modi to make a list of loyalists. Ravi Shankar Prasad top of list
The UnReal Times @TheUnRealTimes · 6h

Sanjay Jha: "Do we want a PM who cries or do we want a leader like Rahul who grins even during worst crisis?" (via @ashwinskumar)
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

vivek.rao wrote:
Post it please!

Hindu-Jewish conspiracy?
Which actually means no difference between Congressis and Pakis.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

One expects nothing less from such a high caliber durbar.
time to apply rules and cast out losers nd squatters from lutyens housing.
they looted enough to rent now.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Sagarika Ghose: "Why just maa? Modi ought to have said that the BJP was like his Ammi too" (via @ashwinskumar)
effing brilliant.

this meme should live on birathers..
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Shishir Gupta ‏@sisir_gupta 52m

Kejri has asked LG Jung to give him 10 days/ not dissolve Assembly to conduct referendum in Delhi whether ppl want AAP to again form govt.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

they will probably get chapal referendum
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NDTV ‏@ndtv 27m

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe Invites Narendra Modi http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/e ... odi-527659 … #Elections2014
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinio ... n-2014/99/
So what did happen in India? Several myths abound as to what explains Modi’s record-breaking win — 336 seats for the NDA, and the highest ever seat per vote recorded for any alliance or party in India, that is, nine seats for every 1 per cent of the vote. In the record-setting 1984 election, the Congress obtained 8.5 seats for each per cent vote. A partial listing of the myths:

Myth 1: The Congress lost because it operated a corruption and scam infested regime: Commonwealth Games, Coalgate, 2G, etc. As if UPA 1, and all governments before, have not been corrupt. Corruption is one of the factors affecting voters’ choice, but not a very important factor. Else, why would all opinion and exit polls suggest that corruption was one of the least important determinants of voters’ choice? And just look at the results for the Aam Aadmi Party, which ran exclusively against crony capitalism and corruption — and managed to win only four of the 432 seats it contested, and lost its deposit in 413, another record.

Myth 2: The Congress lost because of a weak economy — high inflation and low growth. I am a card-carrying member of the club that believes that economic performance determines voting behaviour. But this election was not an average election, to which average explanations are applicable. By itself, the weak economy and corruption would mean that the Congress and UPA would lose seats. But to lose 200 seats is a black swan event. In 2009, with the best economy ever, the UPA gained “only” 54 seats, and the NDA lost “only” 26 seats. So, with the worst economy ever, one might have expected the NDA and UPA to go back to approximately their 2004 levels, that is, around 200 for both the UPA and NDA. Indeed, according to the CNN-IBN tracker poll, both alliances were in a near neck-to-neck battle as late as August 2013.

Myth 3: Anti-incumbency, voter fatigue after 10 years of UPA rule resulted in the Modi win. When all else fails, indulge in an anti-incumbency explanation. Too many counter examples exist. Remember 2009, when the incumbent UPA got elected. Or Madhya Pradesh 2003, when Digvijaya Singh, and the Congress, got unceremoniously voted out after 10 years in power. Or Modi’s Gujarat, or Chouhan’s MP, returned for a third and second consecutive term, respectively.

Myth 4: The weak leadership of Rahul Gandhi affected the Congress’s performance. Imagine that any individual but Modi was the leader of the BJP — say, L.K. Advani, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj or Shivraj Chouhan. No one was betting that any of these individuals would offer a large difference with respect to the UPA leadership. The common refrain of many, including myself, has been that there isn’t a naya paisa’s worth of difference between the UPA and NDA. And there hasn’t been — till Modi came along.

So what explains the Modi win? The UPA campaign offered two all important “reasons” to vote for the UPA. Vote for us because we do so much for you, and don’t vote for Modi because he is evil.
Modi is evil, we are not: An important fact about the recent election, and possibly related to the overwhelming beyond-expectations majority that Narendra Modi obtained, is that, to the best of my knowledge, no individual in Indian or world history has been unjustly vilified as much as Modi has been. This vilification continues even to this day, especially by the “sickular” parties and their left-intellectual storm troopers. I am choosing my words wisely, because the condemnation campaign has almost universally invoked images of the Nazi and Fascist European regimes of the 1930s.
Strategic Voting by Muslims — backfired: In the Muslim and Yadav states of UP and Bihar, the turnout was higher by about 12 percentage points. Did the UPA whizkids consider that their strategy of concentrated Muslim and Yadav voting against Modi might engineer a counter-strategy — for every one Muslim and Yadav (MY) that indulged in strategic voting, there were probably four non-MY voters ensuring that the negative strategy (sic) did not succeed.

Essentially, the Indian polity has called the Congress’s bluff, seen it for the calculating set of politicians they have been. Their governance demanded not only change, but wholesale rejection. The Indian polity has elected a leader. The “historical low” losers contend that all Modi has done is package a dream, a dream that will not last, a dream that will soon become a nightmare. The losers, and Congress apologists, believe that Modi will soon crash to earth. I have no doubt that the expectations of the Modi government are sky high, and that it is impossible for the transformed reality to be an equal match to the expectations. Equally, I have no doubt that the Modi-led government will make a strong effort to match a large fraction of these expectations — and that they will largely succeed.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Breaking NEWS

Rahul Gandhi offered Deputy Prime Ministership as his campaigning was the single most important reason for NDA victory.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

SaraLax wrote:
That's good !. This is typical Modi.

Premalatha - 'Captain' Vijaykanth's wife , is the real leader in DMDK but often operates from behind the screen ... Vijaykanth is a very obedient husband when it come to listening to his wife's suggestions and his wife appears to be a great campaigner with her ability to take along the workers of other parties that combine with DMDK for elections & she is a good political orator.... after having looked at the campaign speeches she made all over TN via live broadcasting through their TV channel - CAPTAIN TV. She also made Modi popular in rural TN during her campaign.

Modi somehow may have got the inkling that AMMA won't tie up with local BJP in TN for the Assembly elections in 2016. PMK already announced that it wants to continue the current NDA setup in TN into coming assembly elections. MDMK & DMDK havent announced anything on those lines .... there is still some time to decide. A progressively weakening DMK might again appeal to DMDK to join hands with them & attempt to tempt DMDK with a lot more seats for assembly elections. Premalatha spoke out against the DMK in recent elections and had earlier rebuffed the DMK's appeals for a joint fight against ADMK and termed the STALIN-ALAGIRI Fight in DMK as a drama to fool TN.
Spot on . Vijaykanth is punch drunk most times in public and is barely sober, including getting into fisticuffs even on stage in public meetings. The brains,heart and talent on that outfit is his wife. captain would do well to retire and hit the bottle and pass the baton to his wife.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

i am very excited about the potential jump in relationship with japan. they can jumpstart our infra on big projects like chn-blr highway etc.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Admins
Please reopen the AAP- a mob thread. Time has come to renew the pitai of sAAPs. Delhi is heading for elections, with Khujli baba back in action
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

pankajs wrote:

Kejri has asked LG Jung to give him 10 days/ not dissolve Assembly to conduct referendum in Delhi whether ppl want AAP to again form govt.
Someone should call this nonsense out.

Self-conducted referendums are not valid.

I conducted a referendum yesterday and People want me to be CM of West Bengal. Will Didi accept it?
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

vina wrote:
SaraLax wrote:
That's good !. This is typical Modi.

Premalatha - 'Captain' Vijaykanth's wife , is the real leader in DMDK but often operates from behind the screen ... Vijaykanth is a very obedient husband when it come to listening to his wife's suggestions and his wife appears to be a great campaigner with her ability to take along the workers of other parties that combine with DMDK for elections & she is a good political orator.... after having looked at the campaign speeches she made all over TN via live broadcasting through their TV channel - CAPTAIN TV. She also made Modi popular in rural TN during her campaign.

Modi somehow may have got the inkling that AMMA won't tie up with local BJP in TN for the Assembly elections in 2016. PMK already announced that it wants to continue the current NDA setup in TN into coming assembly elections. MDMK & DMDK havent announced anything on those lines .... there is still some time to decide. A progressively weakening DMK might again appeal to DMDK to join hands with them & attempt to tempt DMDK with a lot more seats for assembly elections. Premalatha spoke out against the DMK in recent elections and had earlier rebuffed the DMK's appeals for a joint fight against ADMK and termed the STALIN-ALAGIRI Fight in DMK as a drama to fool TN.
Spot on . Vijaykanth is punch drunk most times in public and is barely sober, including getting into fisticuffs even on stage in public meetings. The brains,heart and talent on that outfit is his wife. captain would do well to retire and hit the bottle and pass the baton to his wife.
The above situation has a historical precedent. The case of Jahangir and Nurjahan
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

RamaY wrote:

Someone should call this nonsense out.

Self-conducted referendums are not valid.

I conducted a referendum yesterday and People want me to be CM of West Bengal. Will Didi accept it?
:rotfl:

Me too. They wanted me to be President of the World :D
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

SAD hasn't learnt lessons from Elections, losing seats to AAP

Still Badal is an airhead holding drugs responsible for AAP's rise but calling them temporary bubble

If this continues BJP-SAD will lose Punjab assembly elections

There are byelections coming up on 3 seats, and BJP should focus on them in Punjab
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

We have this more deviated states - PB, TN, KL and WB and to an extent AP. These are the states that need detailed analysis for the next elections, provided BJP maintains their gujarat delivery model
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

i doubt BJP can crack TN , as long as amma is there, she seems to be getting a good hold here, dunno how
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

for example: engage the bjp constituency where they got, and convert that place to amdavad type infrastructure and services.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

KL, TN, OD, AP and WB is too big a list.
PIF just need to ensure that AIADMK, TDP and BJD on their own strength are able to hold it against RoL and RoP.
Both ways i.e. able to defend attacks from these forces as well as able to prevent a situation of getting dependent on them (good governance).

That really leaves PIF to attack KL and WB.
Last edited by SRoy on 20 May 2014 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

A very simple but guerilla style effort will help BJP on TN-AP-OD-WB.
Leave no stone unturned - start from every small local issue (from garbage collection, to fixing street lights to school admission), and make too much 'halla' when there is a slightest whiff of irregularity. Only this will give BJP a tremendous visibility. Do NOT wait to do campaigning only at the election time. It has been noted that a local level sustained campaign helps the opposition irrespective of who they are.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Amma, Didi & Navin Babu swept Lok Sabha elections in their respective states because of BJP/NDA eating into the 2nd alternative (DMK, CPM & Congress). BJP/NDA slowly becoming 2nd alternative in these states. Modi should keep at it till BJP gets that 2nd position.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

Good news. Delhi needs her as CM.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

There is already a template that worked no?

get a few constituencies, do good work there, keep speaking about it and expand on it and people will buy into it and give you a chance.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

krishnan wrote:i doubt BJP can crack TN , as long as amma is there, she seems to be getting a good hold here, dunno how
Over the Tamizh diaspora. When Tamizhs start seeing that their brethren in Sri Lanka, the West, Malaysia, etc see BJP govt as the protector of their interests, views of Tamizh in Tamil Nadu would also change.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

darshhan wrote:
The above situation has a historical precedent. The case of Jahangir and Nurjahan
'Savaa ser sharab,
Savaa ser kabaab,
saari sultanat nur-jahan ki,
chahe ho khoob,
chahe ho kharaab.'
-Jahaangir

1 and quarter kilo whiskey
1 and quarter kilo kebaab/meat
and the whole sultanat belongs to nur-jahaan
whether it prospers
or
gets destroyed
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

nageshks wrote:

Chaanakya-ji,
That site gives the results of the Assembly elections held now, along with the results of the by polls held. It does not give us the Assembly wise break up of the LS votes. That is what I am looking for.
nageshks ji
I sure realised that. Data being slowly updated on various websites.

Look for other CEO websites and Voter turnout data which wil be assembly segment wise and for candidates. Once datais uploaded and I find the links which are up I will point it to you.

The more useful data for your analysis would have been boothwise turnout details coupled with demographies. But unfortunately that is not available online. But political parties do have agents for all seats where they contest and these counting agents do get to compile boothwise data. See if you can get hold of from them.