Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

member_28108
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by member_28108 »

You should see in North Karnataka - Gulbarga at one time had 6 cabinet ministers in the state government and what did they do - Nothing similarly Dharam Singh was a CM and did not have a motorable road to his village- keep the dunces down- throw a few freebies and they will vote for you educate them and then they will rise against you has been the politicians mantra to stay in power. Hopefully things are changing.
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Singha wrote:japan must be very good at big infra projects in crowded infra areas. their disaster response infra and teams are also well provisioned.
Actually India has considerable local expertise - Mumbai for example.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Chandragupta wrote:Really? Sarjapur ain't so bad, except the potholes have some roads in them.
there is a point inside sarjapur town where one side(left) is for buses and trucks and one side(right) is two way all MCV+LCV can go in that. its a market street and only around 10 feet wide. at one point the two roads again converge and proceed toward the next town chikka tirupati.

I had done a 50k bike ride from my den to chikka tirupati and back and found this narrow market street then. even a cycle is tough in some spots. a couple of badly parked bikes can cause trouble.
member_26011
BRFite

Post by member_26011 »

It is interesting to see how he is discussed in local media, I read dainik jagran, some snippets to contrast:

भाजपा ने बीस राज्यों को कांग्रेस मुक्त कर दिया: नरेंद्र मोदी
(BJP has liberated 20 states from Congress: Narendra Modi)

सीमा विवाद का हल कर सकते हैं मोदी: चीन
(Border issue can be solved by Modi: China) -- Not sure where this comes from yet, but they seem to be arguing for him as a "worthy partner."

And this needs to be freely said more often:
मुझे हिंदू होने पर गर्व है: मोदी
(I am proud to be Hindu: Modi)
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Singha wrote:
Chandragupta wrote:Really? Sarjapur ain't so bad, except the potholes have some roads in them.
there is a point inside sarjapur town where one side(left) is for buses and trucks and one side(right) is two way all MCV+LCV can go in that. its a market street and only around 10 feet wide. at one point the two roads again converge and proceed toward the next town chikka tirupati.

I had done a 50k bike ride from my den to chikka tirupati and back and found this narrow market street then. even a cycle is tough in some spots. a couple of badly parked bikes can cause trouble.
That is wide by the Vishwanatha gully standards !! I really mean it when I say two fat people will find it difficult to cross each others abreast.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

Would Akal-i-less cooperate for all this infrastructure planning for Varanasi?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

prasannasimha wrote:
Singha wrote:japan must be very good at big infra projects in crowded infra areas. their disaster response infra and teams are also well provisioned.
Actually India has considerable local expertise - Mumbai for example.
I am looking for architecture, designs, redefined standards, technology and distributed manufacturing.

the prefabs can be distributed.. means more jobs to distributed communities.
standardization ensures fair and equal opportunity infrastructure - example massan structures, and guranteed SLAs for business house [ex: i deliver goods in 6 hours flat, more than that i pay fees and damages]
technology improves jobs
deisgns improves jobs
architecture solves problems
and all these should be usage driven., and not just copying structures as is japan or massa. who knows, if massa has 8 lanes of 13', we might need 16 lanes of 12'., etc.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

skekatpuray wrote:Would Akal-i-less cooperate for all this infrastructure planning for Varanasi?
Akal-less will 1st do 10 murgas everyday in front of Modi and then do the job. Just wait and watch.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

prahaar wrote:
muraliravi wrote:Bingo, prefab construction has reduced construction time sharply. Even residents wont have so much pain as most of Varanasi would like better infrastructure as their livelihood depends on tourism and being a trade hub of eastern UP. Many people will get jobs and they will welcome it.

Modi is going to usher in power generation and hard infrastructure unprecedented in India's history. The key is to ensure large scale employment generation through these projects
All this talk makes me really wonder, if all this is so feasible, why was it not done earlier?
Prahaar ji,

All the flyovers in Mumbai and Pune, Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Worli-Bandra sea-link, Mumbai-metro, Eastern-freeway, proposed western-freeway, the rural road-infrastructure, state-highway project (making all state-highways 4-lane or at least smooth two-lane) linking most of villages with pucca roads, converting tar-roads to concrete roads in most of cities (predominantly Mumbai), 4-6 lane highway connectivity of Mumbai-Nashik-Aurangabad-Pune quadrilateral (the real growth-engine of MH), The golden quadrilateral, new airports at Mumbai and Pune -

All these are brain-children of Gadkari. Many of these were planned and completed by him in 4.5 years and others were planned to last detail and handed over to UPA govt which sat on files doing nothing. The cost of Bandra-Worli sealink went up by orders of magnitude and dragged on for years to come due to constant litigations and policy reversals by UPA, than the original plan designed by NG. You should see how drastically he transformed Nagpur city and Vidarbha overall. Many of his ideas are still in planning stage because UPA is not interested nor it has funds. The 4-6 lane highway connectivity of Nashik-Pune is still stuck in files. so are New-Mumbai airport and Chakan-airport.

Gadkari is "Gadbadkari" when it comes to handling media - ppl in vidarbha are quite "mooh-phat" and appear rude and uncouth. NG epitomizes those qualities. But he is a businessman par excellence with very sharp acumen (as sharp as YB Chavan and Sharad Pawar in many aspects minus the secular baggage and RoP linkages of SP), who happens to be a politician as a "side-business". He used his business acumen to make people work for cheaper and faster (saam-daan-dand-bhed but so far no accusations that can be proven).

To give an example, he contested this election only because he was taunted as "not a mass-leader" by a secular-chutiya of Marathi media i.e. Nikhil Wagle. After victory, he went on IBN-Lokmat and made Wagle admit that he was wrong. This makes him very poor candidate for dilli-billi politics where subtlety and being a "meethi-chhuri" is rule of the game. He is therefore unfit for portfolios like MEA, Home, Finance, HRD etc but very well suited for Energy, Infra-devpt, Electricity, railway, urban/rural devpt, highway-commission, the body that will build bullet-train etc.

He has to be used carefully and can deliver very rich dividends. He will blossom the most, IMO, as CM of Vidarbha eventually. With newer system of redefined center-state relations, I do not think CMs of states will not be far removed from central affairs.

UPA had other compulsions. As I had written in my article on Maharashtrian Jahagirdari model of sugar-lobby - Sugar lobby has to send a big chunk of money to Delhi as "chauth" to keep ruling in state. One of the reason of victory in 2004 for INC (along with disillusioned RSS and overconfidence of NDA) was the money-power of MH-UPA and access to funds that central congress had (through Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushilkumar Shinde). It is said that around 2000s MH-CM sent around 10K-Crore rupees per month to INC-highcommand. Imagine the amount of money pouring in INC-coffers when NDA was making India grow at 9%. Understand that when India grows at 9%, it is western India and most importantly MH which grows at 17-20%. This was especially the case in early 2000s before Gujarat Story began. These funds were going in INC coffers.

This is one more reason why it is MOST MOST MOST crucial for fate of India that UPA is miserably defeated in MH-assembly elections and INC is denied of those funds to rebuild its war-chest. Understand that if NDA does not come to power in MH with "THUMPING MAJORITY", in 2019 UPA-3 ASSURED - irrespective of whatever good work NaMo does at center.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

RajeshA wrote:Question: Is NaMo India's PM already after getting that letter from President, or would he become PM only after he has been sworn in?
Only after he is sworn in. After that he will be shown the wheels of State within the State. As of Now he is PM-Elect since he is elected leader of largest Parliamentary party and staked his claim and been accepted.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

OK I am convinced Kiran Bedi is a good and clean officer but cannot be a chief minister. Just watching her on Times Now and she appears to me less than convincing.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Shamlee wrote:
Singha wrote:Its bad. Really bad. My close buddy is frm there.
This is unacceptable. MM Joshi was the MP from Varanasi and didn't do anything nor did the Municipality which apparently is run by BJP.
A MP hardly has any powers except raising issues in parliament. He gets Rs 5 Cr per year which is good enough for say 5 Kms of road. The people of India are starting to get this truth and hence this time they have voted for the PM candidate. They know that issues which concern them, cannot be managed by their MP.

Municipality again is a toothless agency in most of the Indian citizens.

The truth is that almost all execution powers reside in hands of either the central govt or the state govt.

The above remarks definitely don't absolve MM Joshi who has been unable to connect with his constituents till now, whether in Allahabad or Varanasi. I suspect this story will again be repeated in Kanpur
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Atri wrote:This is one more reason why it is MOST MOST MOST crucial for fate of India that UPA is miserably defeated in MH-assembly elections and INC is denied of those funds to rebuild its war-chest. Understand that if NDA does not come to power in MH with "THUMPING MAJORITY", in 2019 UPA-3 ASSURED - irrespective of whatever good work NaMo does at center.
+ a million

MH is next big frontier and BJP should send Amit Shah to organise. Though my doubt is how much shiv sena will accept his leadership.

Atri, what is your take on Munde? Is he still good? I am highly skeptical of NDA's current local leadership in MH.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

after this election, they can be convinced
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

skekatpuray wrote:Would Akal-i-less cooperate for all this infrastructure planning for Varanasi?
Bro, both CBI and IB's control will now be with Namo. If Namo wants Akhilesh will dance like Hema Malini in Sholay.

And even then if he starts impeding the project execution, then there is always Article 356.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

sooraj wrote:Will Narendra Modi ban adult flicks in Bollywood?
http://www.indiatvnews.com/entertainmen ... 14412.html
Quickest way to lose goodwill is by banning ***** and masala :)
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

chaanakya wrote:
RajeshA wrote:Question: Is NaMo India's PM already after getting that letter from President, or would he become PM only after he has been sworn in?
Only after he is sworn in. After that he will be shown the wheels of State within the State. As of Now he is PM-Elect since he is elected leader of largest Parliamentary party and staked his claim and been accepted.
an analogy would be:
RajeshA gets an offer letter from Modi as the chief architect to plan 100 new cities along gold quad. Is he the architect once he accepts the offer, or becomes the employee on his first day of his new job?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

darshhan wrote: If Namo wants Akhilesh will dance like Hema Malini in Sholay.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

prahaar wrote:
muraliravi wrote:Bingo, prefab construction has reduced construction time sharply. Even residents wont have so much pain as most of Varanasi would like better infrastructure as their livelihood depends on tourism and being a trade hub of eastern UP. Many people will get jobs and they will welcome it.

Modi is going to usher in power generation and hard infrastructure unprecedented in India's history. The key is to ensure large scale employment generation through these projects
All this talk makes me really wonder, if all this is so feasible, why was it not done earlier?
Well, the answer is quite simple. Modi/BJP/NDA economics is about government spending on infrastructure/delivery services (apart from easing manufacturing and grooming private sector and providing Indian establishment with sops to manufacture locally). This way people get jobs and earn real wages. UPA is the opposite. Milk whatever is there, impose more corp tax and give doles to people who need real wages. NDA believes in teaching a guy to fish, UPA believes in giving them free fish from someone's basket.

For the amount of funds that India had during 98-04, BJP did a fairly decent job in infrastructure.

The more important thing is tax revenue collection, GST, labor organization and corporate id issuance will go a long way in filling govt coffers which in turn can be used for massive govt projects.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

darshhan wrote: Municipality again is a toothless agency in most of the Indian citizens.

The truth is that almost all execution powers reside in hands of either the central govt or the state govt.
MPs may have no control over municipality. and money is controlled at central and state govt level for new projects.

but municipality can always do a better job with what's already allotted to them. and MPs can mobilise people if municipalities don't cooperate. he can do a dharna and demand change of officers. he can have observers to watch and report and communicate with people on what he is doing with the muni, to take what action in what areas etc.

simply sitting on one's ass and saying i don't have power over municipality is pathetic.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Rahul M wrote:may not be CM candidate but an important one nonetheless.
Darjeeling MP SS Alhuwalia himself is supposed to be a very good speaker with a fine sense of humour. he is also fluent in bangla.
He sure is. Baichung thought being from NE he would win easily due to the Nepali crowd but I guess he was in for a shock....voters are not stupid. In fact in India, voters may be illiterate but they won't be stupid. In massa, voters are literate but stupid.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

darshhan wrote:
Bro, both CBI and IB's control will now be with Namo. If Namo wants Akhilesh will dance like Hema Malini in Sholay.

And even then if he starts impeding the project execution, then there is always Article 356.

Nice !! :twisted:
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

abhijitm wrote:+ a million

MH is next big frontier and BJP should send Amit Shah to organise. Though my doubt is how much shiv sena will accept his leadership.

Atri, what is your take on Munde? Is he still good? I am highly skeptical of NDA's current local leadership in MH.
Munde is very good mass-leader. Whether he will be another Shivraj Singh Chauhan? remains to be seen. Anyways, if everything goes right, he is most probably next CM of MH. That is unless of course Uddhav decides to contest himself. In that case, Uddhav will be CM of MH. I would love to see Thakrés taking actual responsibilities and not just hawai bakch**i. It was different game when Balasaheb was around. These two kids won't be able to sit behind and operate like Balasaheb. People won't like it and I doubt they have acumen.

In either case, if MH is conquered, NaMo will be pouncing on the opportunity to make sure MH is not lost, no matter who the CM is. The Modi model of Hindutva+ decentralized rapid development will work wonders in MH and Munde will lap it up.

My concern is whether they decide to carve out Vidarbha before OR after assembly elections, if they are serious about it. The SS-BJP relations will be strained when that happens. NCP is waiting for this to happen.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

http://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/ ... aign_amaa/
Hi, I worked in Modi's outreach campaign. Ask Me Almost Anything
Is the organisation Centre for Accountable Governance?

You mentioned about analytics. Can you please elaborate on this. How and what kind of data was gathered? What analysis was done? Did BJP or Modi campaign take any of their decisions based on your research and analytics?

Did you only work for the Modi campaign as a whole or did you also work on specific seats and constituencies?

Do you see the future elections being decided on social media and perceptions that are formed in sites such as Twitter, FB, TOI-comments section?

What kind of fundraising do you do? Do you give receipts for the money collected?

Thanks.

[–]modicampaigner[S] 11 points 9 hours ago
There was a team of analytical experts who worked on gathering pan-India data from sources such as independent research, govt. and EC reports, as well as primary research. This was used to categorize seats into safe vs. battleground vs. lost cause and present to Modi and the party with suggestions for course of action. We worked on overall and well as seat by seat level.

The trend is certainly towards social media and according to Facebook's own research, more than 200 seats this election was decided by social media. This trend will certainly continue to gain momentum but in my personal assessment, we might be another 10 years out for social media deciding a majority of the seats. But with 50 seats changing hands deciding who forms the govt., social media is already am important tool for decision making.

Some of the activities that we engaged in for raising funds was re-vamping the BJP website, launching mobile apps, collecting funds at rallies, launching new mobile VAS services, and putting a system for cash/cheque pickup from home and drop near home. We gave receipts in most cases except rally fundraising.

PS. This is an anonymous AMAA and hence, I would not like to reveal my organization.

Since you worked in Voter registration, i am curious to know what are the problems faced during registering voters and communicating the changes to the voter. I ask this because in Mumbai this was a big problem, where a lot of voters were turned away because their names were missing in the voter list.

[–]modicampaigner[S] 12 points 9 hours ago
Apathy is the biggest issue but assuming that one wants to register as a voter, there are 3 major issues: 1) Lack of education regarding the registration process (online vs. offline) 2) Lack of proper paperwork by registrant 3) Mobility of registrant (e.g. students staying in hostel, people travelling for jobs, etc.)

To change this around, the EC (which is one of the most efficient govt. organizations in the country), has made the process simpler and run ad campaigns, and run registration drives. But that is at the point of registration.

In the case of a lot of people in Mumbai and Pune who could not vote, they had voted in earlier elections. This issue could have been simply avoided if there was an email/SMS sent to a voter if there are any change in his/her details. The alleged number of people who could not vote is around 6 lakh which is 0.1% of the total number of people who did vote. All in all, I am pretty sure that EC will work judiciously to correct this issue.
Thank you so much for doing the AMA and congratulations on your recent victory.

Other than seeing that Modi being successful in his campaign, Can you tell us frankly about young adults' opinions regarding Modi during the campaign?

Was Modi able to connect well with the young generation? What was the key component here when interacting with young people on the social media?

[–]modicampaigner[S] 14 points 9 hours ago
Now there are two parts to your questions - 1) young people who supported Modi as part of the campaign and 2) young people who voted for Modi due to social media or otherwise.

To answer the first part, I can provide anecdotal evidence. I was part of the group of close to 300 people with an average age well under 30 hailing from all parts of the country and abroad with education from some of the best schools of the country. And there were many more who signed up on forums like BJP272 and NaMo army to volunteer for Modi. Hence, it does appear that he was able to attract a lot of young talent.

To answer the second part, we have the benefit of hindsight. Over 40% of the youth (Under 35), voted fro BJP and its allies. This was always going to be a key segment with over 15 crore first time voters in the fray and probably can be attributed as the single most important factor for BJP's massive victory. As to what was the key component, Modi and BJP were one of the early entrants into social media and were able to gain a first mover advantage. This by itself was not enough as IT and digital media teams were run in decentralized manner for generating content and competed amongst each other for winning the posts of the day. The third factor was detailed research and analytics that was carried out in order to assess the motivation factors for each target group.
[Serious] When you say social media, does that include creating fake accounts on different social media sites and defending Modi?

PS: I know it may come out as offensive to some but we all know that "creating fake accounts" is a thing in this world and is done a lot by PR agencies. And that Modi of all people had the strongest PR team India had ever witnessed, particularly the time surrounding the elections.

[–]modicampaigner[S] 10 points 7 hours ago
Did my organization or I do it, NO! I understand that there reports of this kind but I cannot verify their authenticity. With the results out, you can see that the support for Modi was truly broad based. A campaign at this scale cannot be conducted by fake accounts. Crowdsourcing is one of the best ways to source content and Modi's PR team used it as a strategy.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Raja Bose wrote:
Rahul M wrote:may not be CM candidate but an important one nonetheless.
Darjeeling MP SS Alhuwalia himself is supposed to be a very good speaker with a fine sense of humour. he is also fluent in bangla.
He sure is. Baichung thought being from NE he would win easily due to the Nepali crowd but I guess he was in for a shock....voters are not stupid. In fact in India, voters may be illiterate but they won't be stupid. In massa, voters are literate but stupid.
yeah, people in darjeeling know national mood quite well. was a bhaichung fan, sad to see him in this stupid party.

have you heard SSA speak ? I haven't but pitashree has and thinks very highly of him.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Gus wrote:
darshhan wrote: Municipality again is a toothless agency in most of the Indian citizens.

MPs may have no control over municipality. and money is controlled at central and state govt level for new projects.

but municipality can always do a better job with what's already allotted to them. and MPs can mobilise people if municipalities don't cooperate. he can do a dharna and demand change of officers. he can have observers to watch and report and communicate with people on what he is doing with the muni, to take what action in what areas etc.

simply sitting on one's ass and saying i don't have power over municipality is pathetic.
gus ji, as i said earlier MMJ is not one of the better MPs. That is why he had to leave allahabad, and would have been defeated in Kashi had he fought this time.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

prasannasimha wrote:
Singha wrote:Most of up towns r like giant villages. There is usually a posh civil lines area and rest is bad.
same was scene in kanpur vs iit campus. Heaven nd hell diff.
but the narrowest streets in decent sized towns I seen yet r sarjapur and anekal near blr.
That is something consistent that I saw in UP and also Nepal - the typical unplastered brick houses lining narrow roads but Varanasi takes the cake with narrow lanes - going to the Kashi Vishwanatha temple is an experience. At places two fat blokes cannot pass by straight ! (really). :rotfl: The Doctor in me was wondering how the hell will people escape if there is a fire and I was looking at an escape route throughout my visit in the gullies there. Made me a bit claustrophobic/paranoid in a way. The city in a way is a time warp. It is also very very dirty - needs a big and massive cleanup. Some areas are beautiful - BHU and some of the newer extensions but the old city is Chandni chowk (Delhi) meets Nagarthpet/Cubbonpet(Bangalore) with narrower streets rolled into one !

In fact I think the approach to the Ganga needs to be widened or a big flyover to the ghats is required.Try reaching ssi ghat - a buit better but the road to reach Dashashwamedh ghat - terrible and the road to take bodies to Manikarnika ghat does not allow any form of transportation except carts.
What is wrong with narrower streets? Many older European towns have narrower streets as well. All cities in India do not have to look like Mcdonalds USA. Have some imagination?
There has to be a way to retain the flavor of the city.
Why this aggressiveness to modernize historic cities. If it takes carts to reach the Ganges, so be it.
The key is to clean up the city and the river but retain the historicity.
DO we realize how deracinated we are when we want to bulldoze all that is old.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

There are towns in Tuscany with streets narrower than benares. We need to cleanup the city, improve sewage and waste management, fine the litterers and things will be leagues different. Does benares have open sewers running alongside the roads?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Rahul Gandhi is is acting like Bruce Wayne of Batman: Dark Knight Rises. Reckless, borderline retarded, but it was his grand plan all along to make Modi (Harvey Dent, the symbol of hope he can never be, the white knight of India) the PM, so he can silently retire and go back to his catwoman in Columbia.

from reddit.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

sauchaalya, roads, electricity, water, living, construction, etc all are should be from standardized package for the whole nation. like download the package and install local. no terminal homing and shoming needed. it is just a deployment overlapped with dynamic interconnection of things. standardization is the only way to reach global level good governance for desh. never focus on a local entity, unless that local entity feedsback corrections that applies for all, to improve the standards.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

JE Menon wrote:Nobody who has a drop of Indian blood in him can watch Modi's speech in parliament that is going on now, and have dry eyes - if they know the meaning of what has happened, what it means from the perspective of Hindu civilisation and if they have any sense of empathy for our long-suffering country. Even Modi's voice is cracking at times.

I personally cannot stop the damned tears... no amount of wiping helps.

SHQ and I watched this today AM on IndiaTV.com and both of us cried.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

IndraD wrote:Krishan Partap Singh ‏@RaisinaSeries 2m
So Modi says he has two mothers. Does he have two father too? Ambani and Adani? Sugar daddies! KP

Only a DIE can think like that.

Someone should ask him about his fourfathers?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RajeshA wrote:I do hope NaMo makes Teen Murti Bhavan address into a sort of a White House, and throws all the Nehru photos out. I also hope that NaMo makes Sonia Gandhi move out of 10 Janpath. Since she is President of the Congress Party and an elected MP, she would get a place she deserves, but forcing her out into a different place, even one that is comparable, would be good!

"The Empress" must be shown that she is not one!

RajeshA, I created a #Vacate10Janpath trend.

Please make it go up.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Rahul M wrote:
have you heard SSA speak ? I haven't but pitashree has and thinks very highly of him.
Yeah heard him a few times. He is what is needed to get Darjeeling out of the cesspool it is in now due to Ghising & co.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

SSA?
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

SS Ahluwalia MP from Darjeeling
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

So it starts. Delhi high court to hear a PIL tomorrow to probe Robber Vadra
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

"JE Menon wrote:
"Nobody who has a drop of Indian blood in him can watch Modi's speech in parliament that is going on now, and have dry eyes - if they know the meaning of what has happened, what it means from the perspective of Hindu civilisation and if they have any sense of empathy for our long-suffering country. Even Modi's voice is cracking at times.

I personally cannot stop the damned tears... no amount of wiping helps."

Same here.

Kept on remembering the great Bharati civilization from Afghanistan to Indonesia. Relentlessly pushed back by proselytizing ideologies at the point of a sword. And, how our ancestors kept flame alive through us.

It's our stand your ground moment.

We've turned. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Not all tears are weakness. They can be an affirmation of our determination to move forward overcoming fear and doubt.
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

For the last few years, NaMo as Gujarat CM tried to get GCOCA approved by Parliament but was denied by sickular UPA thugs. Now that UPA is out of office, and NaMo takes charge, the next CM of Gujarat must send the GCOCA for Parliament's approval; now that NaMo/BJP/NDA are in charge, it will be easily approved.

Also, is there a proposal to get TADA/POTA type law into the books so that the law has more tools at its disposal to fight terrorism?