Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

sooraj
BRFite

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by sooraj »

Narendra Modi invites people to help run country
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/FlS2CJ ... untry.html
Modi wants you. Having led the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to a clear majority in the Lok Sabha elections, prime minister-designate Narendra Modi has launched a “mass contact” initiative to ask people, especially those who are young, to join hands with him in running the country.

The BJP is sending out a written form—a so-called Namo form—that is also available to download on narendramodi.in.

It invites people to fill in their personal details along with areas of interest, which include defence and security, economy and finance, engineering, environment, healthcare, informational technology, international relations, social justice, social sciences and urban development.

It is also looking for people with experience in volunteering for senior citizens and in the area of women’s empowerment.

“It is a contact programme to invite people to help work for the government. There are so many talented people in the country who want an opportunity to work for the country and this is a platform. It has been started by the party,” said Arvind Gupta, the information technology head of the BJP.

The form asks recipient if they are interested in research and analysis, writing, policy planning or ground execution. Once the completed forms are received by the party, the applicant will be contacted through their email ID and phone number and asked how they would like to contribute in the area of their interest.

The form is also being circulated through Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites and aims to reach out in particular to the young voters who backed Modi in the April-May general election.

Political analysts believe the move has Modi’s style of engaging with voters and supporters written all over it.

“It could end up creating a parallel infrastructure to the Sangh parivar (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the BJP’s ideological mentor) which may be used effectively during elections. The move will also help engage voters and supporters of Narendra Modi to delay the onset of anti-incumbency,” said Jai Mrug, Mumbai-based political analyst.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I am already on the job gurus. Even with weak health I am going to do some work for NM govt.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I am gonna sign up. All that edmukashun should come to good use, in addition to making money for myself and family.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

JE Menon wrote:That article is written by Conrad Black. Wiki this dude. He's one of the old style barons. Done everything, including prison time.

Valuable endorsement for Modi in some circles. :twisted:
Glad to hear that Lord Black still has his cojones with him..after the Prison time in the US of A.

A British Citizen, who moved to Canada and started National Post and still lives in Toronto.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I signed up :D
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Jarita wrote:
SanjayC wrote:^^ Sending Kashmiri Pandits back to Kashmir (especially women) would make them sitting ducks for Jehadis. Better to arm them for self-protection, on the lines of Salwa Judum.

Please send the retired armed forces first
Make currently deployed armed men permanent resident of Kashmir. :wink:
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Only those living in India can sign up right? Is there some way for those outside to sign up?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Singha wrote:finally a change from the dosafication and punjabification of indian cuisine.

GD!!!!!
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Narayana Rao wrote:I am already on the job gurus. Even with weak health I am going to do some work for NM govt.
Get better soon Sir! We all pray for your good health
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SanjayC wrote:Rahul Gandhi inciting people in Amethi: "If Modi doesn't listen to us, we will set everything on fire." This is when the retard hardly stepped inside his constituency in the last 10 years.

Congress gang already setting fire to ministry files in most of Delhi!!!

PMO started first even before election results were announced.
Then Coal Ministry.
Next will be CBI headquarters.

What they dont understand is US already has back files of all their misdeeds.

Modi will let them get blackmailed by US@!!!!
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

JE Menon wrote:Only those living in India can sign up right? Is there some way for those outside to sign up?
You are right... I should encourage my desi gang to join this nation building project...
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Something positive is happening in Kashmir front.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

how about a BRF Project/Control room thread for Modi Gov help ? BR representations can come from various corners, and from various profiles, ranging from security to basic needs. we can discuss, share ideas, and finally consolidate to present the case to Modi ji. That way, he sees a set of people with a robust framework in analysis and support, and guiding to take the right decision.

@EOD, it is all about tradeoffs! a single person can't represent without talking with a group. multi-brain approach is what Modi is doing. so, it maps.

this also helps #NRI s participation!!! 8) with #indic reps
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

India TV news flash: Modi Govt to give Bharat Ratna to Subhash Chandra Bose and BHU Founder Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

no ABV?
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

SanjayC wrote:India TV news flash: Modi Govt to give Bharat Ratna to Subhash Chandra Bose and BHU Founder Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya

Long long overdue!
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

SanjayC wrote:India TV news flash: Modi Govt to give Bharat Ratna to Subhash Chandra Bose and BHU Founder Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya

Wonderful!

Namo is hell bent on ukhaading the extended Mughal Gandhi family's roots

Next step

Withdrawal of Bharat Ratna given to Rajiv Gandhi, WTF did he do apart from ghoos eating to deserve it, even A Raja did the same, at least he khaoed the hawa of the jail and could claim parity with Gandhi and Nehru

Withdrawal of Bharat RAtna given to Amartya Sen, lefty tootiya can suck on his nobel prize
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Atal Bihari Vajpayee please, before he goes to nij dham!!
member_28352
BRFite

Post by member_28352 »

+108 to the idea of removing Bharat Ratna for Amartya Sen and Rajiv Gandhi .
Also +1008 to the idea of giving Bharat Ratna to ABV.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

India TV has said only two names for Bharat Ratna. ABV not one of them. Giving Bharat Ratna to Savarkar would also be a good idea.

Also, VK Singh interview at 10:30 pm IST on India TV tonight (40 minutes from now)
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Narayana Rao wrote:This is reported:
Home secretary Goswami, for instance, dwelt on security challenges such as “revamping intelligence agencies” and a proposal for the return of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley.
Thinking aloud..

To allow mainstreaming of Kashmir into India...
- First, allow some small % quota in central govt jobs across India for Kashmiri muslims (which will translate into large absolute number vis a vis small absolue number of kashmiri muslims)... give them the carrot... first
- Then in 6-12 month period, change laws and allow any Indian to buy/settle in kashmir.. pundit or not...
member_28025
BRFite

Post by member_28025 »

rsingh wrote:
Pardon.......does he "warns you and invites you to sleep" late evening,while you are busy analyzing strategic implications of coup in Maldieves? You get the answer.
Not really. I am the early to bed, early to rise type. I am the first one to bid good night and go off to sleep.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Narayana Rao wrote:I am already on the job gurus. Even with weak health I am going to do some work for NM govt.

Bravo! I salute you.
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

archan wrote:I am gonna sign up. All that edmukashun should come to good use, in addition to making money for myself and family.

Archan, contribution from fundoo people like you will make Akhand Bharath a reality in our lifetime. I am in massan. Sigh..
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

JE Menon wrote:That article is written by Conrad Black. Wiki this dude. He's one of the old style barons. Done everything, including prison time.

Lets not go too gaga over this Conrad Black article either. Notice how he neatly claimed the 1971 Bangladesh war as a war against humanity instead of a war which stopped a genocide and brought actual freedom to a nation (not the Team America exported kind). None of these TFTAs are India's friends. They all have their pet agendas. Best is to treat them like Modi does....be polite and then ignore them. If they get too uppity, give them a smack and show them their place.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

IndiaTV : NaMo's first major decision to be relocation of Kashmiri Pandits. Government to pay for the rebuilding/repairing of their houses, transport of belongings, subsidies & scholarships for children's education, filling up of KP quotas in Govt. jobs asap.

Sorry NaMo sir that I ever doubted you. My shashtang pranaam.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Why Bhaarath Rathna for ABV? Nuke test?

I think there should be clear conditions and then those who qualify should be given. Those who don't, should not be given. And those who already got but don't deserve, need to be stripped off.

PS: There is no Nobel Prize for economics. It is a banker prize in honor of Nobel unlike the Nobel prize itself. Amartya Sen did not get Nobel Prize, he got a Banker prize in honor of Nobel.
you see, the Nobel Prize in Economics is not a real Nobel. It wasn’t created by Alfred Nobel. It’s not even called a “Nobel Prize,” no matter what the press reports say.

The five real Nobel Prizes—physics, chemistry, literature, peace, and medicine/physiology—were set up in the will left by the dynamite magnate when he died in 1895. The economics prize is a bit different. It was created by Sweden’s Central Bank in 1969, nearly 75 years later. The award’s real name is the “Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel.” It was not established by Nobel, but supposedly in memory of Nobel. It’s a ruse and a PR trick, and I mean that literally. And it was done completely against the wishes of the Nobel family.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Chandragupta wrote:IndiaTV : NaMo's first major decision to be relocation of Kashmiri Pandits. Government to pay for the rebuilding/repairing of their houses, transport of belongings, subsidies & scholarships for children's education, filling up of KP quotas in Govt. jobs asap.

A side bonus of this will be a show of hands of seculars and reporters. Which side are they in? It is going to be lot of burnol times for Burkha and company
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

rejoice birathers and sisters

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-r ... ng-1990359
Robert Vadra's name will most likely be deleted from the list of passengers who are not to be frisked at airports, said officials of the civil aviation ministry and the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) on Wednesday. The order for the deletion is expected to be issued by the new government which is scheduled to assume charge on Monday.
member_27987
BRFite

Post by member_27987 »

Gus wrote:rejoice birathers and sisters

Robert Vadra's name will most likely be deleted from the list of passengers who are not to be frisked at airports, said officials of the civil aviation ministry and the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) on Wednesday. The order for the deletion is expected to be issued by the new government which is scheduled to assume charge on Monday.
Does anyone else get a strong feeling that NaMo is a lurker (or even a registered user) of BRF? :twisted:
Last edited by member_27987 on 22 May 2014 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

Raja Bose wrote:

Lets not go too gaga over this Conrad Black article either. Notice how he neatly claimed the 1971 Bangladesh war as a war against humanity instead of a war which stopped a genocide and brought actual freedom to a nation (not the Team America exported kind). None of these TFTAs are India's friends. They all have their pet agendas. Best is to treat them like Modi does....be polite and then ignore them. If they get too uppity, give them a smack and show them their place.
Yep! my thoughts exactly. He picks and chooses as per the 'western view'.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Shamlee wrote:
rsingh wrote:
Pardon.......does he "warns you and invites you to sleep" late evening,while you are busy analyzing strategic implications of coup in Maldieves? You get the answer.
Not really. I am the early to bed, early to rise type. I am the first one to bid good night and go off to sleep.
Very rare case indeed. Namashkar in your direction.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

most women are early to bed and early to rise type, esp homemakers
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Gus wrote:rejoice birathers and sisters

Lungi dance. I want to see Sonia packing her bags. I will do lungi dance on the roads. :rotfl:
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

^^^
dhothi dance and lungi shiver....
because its Modi Sarkaar... :mrgreen:

----
Kudos to Modi for moving on Kashmir issue and helping the Hindhus. Hopefully 370 will be soon removed and then POK. :D
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Raja Bose wrote:

RB, I had the same reaction on reading the article. However, on a second read, he was putting everyone down related to the Nehru-Gandhi family and talking-up Modi.
CB is close to the Harper Govt., this could be:
a) a channel to let India and specifically the Namo Govt know that the Harper Govt is open to a new beginning in the relationship and/or
b) CB's way of making Modi acceptable within the strata of society (Rich Conservatives) that he moves around in.

He has his constituency and he was talking for them. That is my take on the article.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I don't like revoking already given awards but tighten guidelines for awarding them.
I think BR to ABV will make LKA throw another sulk fit.
But can be done for 15th August on Red Fort ramparts speech.

BTW I tweeted to NaMo "Delhi Chalo!" finally.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

revoking is not just bad taste, but bad precedence also. some traditions should be left alone. revisionism cannot take too much focus and energy.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

yes.. revoking should be done only by evidences of crime, drug intake or some such things like that happened to lance armstrong biker.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Chandragupta wrote:IndiaTV : NaMo's first major decision to be relocation of Kashmiri Pandits. Government to pay for the rebuilding/repairing of their houses, transport of belongings, subsidies & scholarships for children's education, filling up of KP quotas in Govt. jobs asap.

Wish Sunanda Tharoor was alive to see this. In her last days, she had become vocal for the rights of Kashmiri Pandits and was told to "back off."