Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Jarita
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Jarita »

Please google Akie Abe catholic. His wife is a declared Roman Catholic and as per my Japanese colleagues Shinzo shares her beliefs.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Apt pic for general singha's story
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

sooraj wrote:Pakistan, China and Japan to receive high priority under Narendra Modi's foreign policy
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 489428.cms
But Modi is clear that he will not look at issues in a traditional way," he said. This person also said that the seriousness with which Modi wants a positive and radically new message on foreign policy is reflected in his responses to other party leaders' statements that send out "negative signals". He cited the instance of BJP leader Nitin Gadkari commenting during a TV channel debate that a BJP government "is not Manmohan Singh's government which will take things lying down."

This person said Modi "was unhappy at this comment". "A message has gone to party leaders that no war-mongering statements should be made". "Don't cross the line between nationalism and intolerance", that's the PM-elect message to his party, this person said. Another person familiar with Team Modi's foreign policy brainstorming said the PMelect is "conscious that many of his campaign statements were considered hardline".
Is the above true? Modi uncomfortable with sabre rattling?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Jarita wrote:Please google Akie Abe catholic. His wife is a declared Roman Catholic and as per my Japanese colleagues Shinzo shares her beliefs.
Please google Shinzo Abe Shinto. You will find many accustations of him being a Shintovadi
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Invitations to non significant SAARC jokers for PM ceremony to me was just a page out of INC's moth eaten book and should have avoided. On the ground nothing will change if these were invited or not but as far as public perception is concerned BJP has just done what INC has been doing for ages i.e. having chai pakoras and then call it 'shishtachar' (courtesy). Modi could have sent a far better message by celebrating this win with just Indians and not some foreign jokers . Please don't tell me engaging SAARC constituents could not have happened without this , this is just like wearing a skull cap and claiming I am secular.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Shamlee wrote:Mihaylo, You have just provided an idea to any left-winger who might be lurking here. Please delete your post before it is too late. :)

....I'd rather they take the bait and fall to the depths of stupidity. Besides, a few nincompoops among the far far left have been trying to make that connection for a long time.

-M
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Sanku wrote:
Jarita wrote:Please google Akie Abe catholic. His wife is a declared Roman Catholic and as per my Japanese colleagues Shinzo shares her beliefs.
Please google Shinzo Abe Shinto. You will find many accustations of him being a Shintovadi
Well said.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

http://wap.business-standard.com/articl ... nt.twitter
And now this.
NaMo donates most of his savings 21lakhs for education of girls of peons of Guj govt
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

krishnan wrote:
'According to a powerful section of the Congress party the vote was anti-Congress, anti-dynasty and pro-Modi, in that order.'

'Sonia is being accused, privately, of protecting her son at the cost of the party's interest.'

'For the first time ever, 24 Akbar Road, the Congress headquarters, is assessing the "intent" of the Gandhi Parivar, which has never happened before.'
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/exclu ... 140523.htm
After being reduced to 44 seats, don't think Congressmen can afford to remain loyal slaves to the dynasty.
And yet they are:

Voices in favour of Priyanka grow stronger in Congress

Never overestimate a congis ability to lick feet and kiss @ss!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^The opposite also applies.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

KrishG wrote:With todays attack on our Afghan Consulate, I am having feeling that Pakis are testing the waters wrt NaMo. They want to see his response and the speed/strength on the response. Its an absolute no brainer that ISI is behind the attack.
It is with such instances in mind that NM invited SAARC to the ceremony. Here he will be crowned in front of the kings of the region. A king of kings.

I am 100% sure that during the brief meeting that he will have with each leader, he will make them realise he means business and won't be a push around like maun mohan.

Here, he is playing international politics which is over and above the party and domestic politics some people here and in the media are crying about.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

RamaY wrote:
Who is maintaining records of Kashmiri Hindu families?
Per internal sources (the deepest kind) each Kat at least one son to Indian Special Forces :twisted:
They all will return to Kashmir with families.
Yes. And since KPs were forced to live all over India, many married locals in Chennai, Bodoland, Amritsar, Katihar, Dimapur etc. They too will return.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Sanku wrote:

Do not undermine the influence of the spouse. Keep in mind SOnia Gandhi
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

SPattath
BRFite

Post by SPattath »

From Tweeter, Modi during Pracharak days
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Tigerish physique.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Narendra Modi's wife Jashodaben
Translation by NRI2014:
Q: How do you feel about NM about to be Prime Minister?
A: It is a matter of great joy for me that he will be PM.
Q: Had you taken any vow or penance for him to become PM?
A: I may have but it is a personal matter, not something to be disclosed.

Q: You were seen yesterday at a temple doing darshan and aarti .Was that related to any vow in regards to NM?
A: No. I was recognized as a minister (I think she meant minister’s wife) and given a welcome. The Katha started and I went to participate in the Katha and aarti.
Q: Have you been invited to NM’s swearing-in ceremony that is to take place shortly?
A: No. I have not been extended any invitation.
Q: Will you attend the swearing-in ceremony if you are invited?
A: Yes, why not.
Q:All these years you have lived separately. Neither have you remarried, nor divorced. What was the reason for this separation?
A: We have not divorced nor separated. We are together only.
Q: Under what circumstances did you (both) decide to live separately?
A: He joined Desh Seva(service of country). He renounced sansaar (society), that is why.
Q: It has been heard that NM encouraged you to study. Please elaborate.
A: He wanted to serve the country.
Q: NM inspired you to study and you continued your education subsequestly …
A: Yes, he had asked me to continue my education so I did.
Q: After all these years of living apart, what are your emotions towards NM?
A: I have a lot of affection towards him, he has never wronged me, he has done only good work for me.
Q: Even while being away from you, did he take care of you? Communicate with you?
A: Yes we used to talk about general topics.
Q: When did you last speak with him?
A: Last we talked in 1987. He had said “I am wandering (travelling) all the time, how will you keep up with it. Instead you get settled”. But I thought, no I don’t want to (get settled).

Q: Today if NM asks you to reside with him, will you go to Delhi?
A: Yes, if he calls me why wouln’t I go? I would go.
Q: Did you ever anticipate that NM will become PM?
A: His achievements after 2002 and the country’s recognition of it… I and others thought…A man with such leadership…It is all about karmas (action) He has come ahead because of his actions and intelligence. A man always gets ahead in life because of his intelligence. Both actions and intelligence. He has been successful because of his intelligence. Not because of any body else.

Q: Your name was never mentioned in any of NM’s rallies or discourses before 2014. Why is that?
A: He had never mentioned my name anywhere. But this time when he filled the form compulsorily in Vadodra, he accepted it.
Q: When he publicly accepted you as his wife for the first time, how did you feel?
A: I felt nice, very nice. After all these years he has remembered me then obviously I will feel good.

Q: NM is the role model of the country today. Hopes and expectations of many are tied to him. Such a person is your husband. How do you feel about this?
A: God has planned this role for him. (I did not understand the next sentence she says).
Q: Do you sometimes feel pride that you are NM’s wife?
A: Of course I do. I am his wife and will stay his wife. (Looks up with a smile)
Q: Would you like to say something about NM? What kind of person he is? How was his personality when he lived with you?
A: It (his personality) was very good. We had no problems. Everything was good.

Q: The govt of India provides a special security arrangement for a PM’s wife. Will you accept it if it is offered?
A: Yes. If they offer it I am ready to accept.
Q: How is your relationship with NM’s family? Do they visit you? Do you go to visit them?
A: No. If they come to visit then I will meet them. He has never said I am not married. No one has said that. He has always said that we are married but we each live in our own way. Cannot fault him (in this matter).
Q: Are you proud that NM is your husband?
A: Of course I am proud. Why wouldn’t I be. It is a matter of great joy. I am the happiest person about it, more than the whole family, more than the whole country.

Q: Will you go to meet him?
A: Yes I will.
Q: Is there a plan for when you will go to meet him?
A: When the time comes, then I will go. When my heart wants, I will go.
Q: NM was a Sangh worker, then he became CM, now PM. What do you say about his progress?
A: There is nothing for me to say. (I didn’t understand next sentence)
Q: What prayer do you have for God?
A: That he may be successful in his work. That he be forever happy. That is my hope.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

RamaY wrote:
Who is maintaining records of Kashmiri Hindu families?
Per internal sources (the deepest kind) each Kat at least one son to Indian Special Forces :twisted:
They all will return to Kashmir with families.
RamaY ji, Do those who fight with stealth and lurk on BRF forums count as members of SF :mrgreen:
ManjaM
BRFite

Post by ManjaM »

Reg interview of Jashodaben. My god, what amazing grace and poise!! Truly the two of them are heads and shoulders above most. One needs to have realised who they really are, to be able to have this kind of sincerity, dignity and understanding of the situation like she has displayed. I choked up. Hats off to them both.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

She is so modest and so indic, pranaams to her
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

suryag wrote:She is so modest and so indic, pranaams to her
+108.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

ManjaM wrote:Reg interview of Jashodaben. My god, what amazing grace and poise!! Truly the two of them are heads and shoulders above most. One needs to have realised who they really are, to be able to have this kind of sincerity, dignity and understanding of the situation like she has displayed. I choked up. Hats off to them both.
Bharatiyata at display!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 4h

In a provocative speech, 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed warned Nawaz Sharif against travelling to India
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

sivab wrote:

Narendra Modi's wife Jashodaben
dandavat pranaams to Smt. Jashodaben. Brought me to tears.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

beautiful.. pranaam jasodaben.. :)
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

pankajs wrote:
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 4h

In a provocative speech, 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed warned Nawaz Sharif against travelling to India
Nawaz Sharif is like another MMS. He takes orders from the real power center of the country, the PA. I'm actually annoyed with the same nonsense that some of our security experts continue to spit out. Peace with Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif is a good guy, etc., totally ignoring the elephant in the room which is islamic fundamentalism that is consuming everything outside of punjab under the guidance of the army. We have the start encouraging separatism inside the country. If it gets big enough it will keep the PA on the defensive and relieve some of the pressure on Afghanistan and on us.

We need to switch it up from a pangolin defense to a porcupine one. There needs to be painful repercussions for their belligerence. A barb in the right place can even put them out cold for good.
arminius
BRFite

Post by arminius »

pankajs wrote:
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 4h

This whole business of inviting Badmash et al could have been avoided, as it is Modi has enough political capital. I hope he has not been bitten by NoBull prize bug. The very sight of a paki in Delhi is cringe-worthy.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Going after 370 de-jure by the expected Legislative/Presidential process is what the enemy expects, and it is what they already have mechanisms in place to oppose loudly with shrill cries of "secularism", news-trader drama etc.

What must be done is that 370 should be undermined and rendered completely irrelevant de-facto. That process may very well be in the offing already.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

pankajs wrote:
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 4h

arminius wrote: This whole business of inviting Badmash et al could have been avoided, as it is he has enough political capital. I hope he has not been bitten by NoBull prize bug. The very sight of a paki in Delhi is cringe-worthy.
If Nawas cannot visit, India will understand his situation. After all PM of Pakistan is controlled by Army, ISI, Taliban and who not... :P
If he visits, even better :wink:
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

People need to understand something. Nawaz Sharif got to be PM because, of all the parties in the Paki elections, his PMLN was the one most in bed with the Punjabi tanzeems (JeM, LeT, SSP, LeJ etc.) All the other parties' candidates were either getting blown up by these Tanzeems or scared to hold rallies, etc. because of the threat. Nawaz sailed through as a result.

Ties between Nawaz and people like Hafiz Suar are very deep and long-standing. They go both ways in terms of funding, political support, campaigning, recruitment, propaganda, and many kinds of "bijnejj" where the main competitor is TSPA-owned agriculture and industries. They are much deeper than the ties between Nawaz and TSPA (in fact the mainstream TSPA backed PTI/Imran Khan in the elections, but Nawaz won, revealing that the Punjabi Tanzeems and their ISI godfathers are a far more powerful backer in Paki domestic politics than even TSPA).

Defenders of Nawaz Sharif say that in fact, he and his brother Shahbaz have no choice but to be in bed with the Punjabi Tanzeems. They are his "insurance" against an Army Jernail (with possible US backing) deposing him once again, exactly as Musharraf did in 1999.

Now, consider calmly and carefully the result of the invitation to Nawaz Sharif by Modi. TSPA obviously disapproves but isn't saying anything in public. Meanwhile Hafiz Suar, Nawaz's "insurance" and most powerful backer so far, is threatening Nawaz in public. All this because Modi (who knows very well what he symbolizes in Pakistan) issued one invite to Nawaz to attend his swearing-in ceremony... the shakily-balanced equations of Pak Govt, TSPA and Jihadi tanzeems have received a hard whack. And Modi hasn't even been sworn in yet.

But maybe I am wrong, and maybe Modi is just after the Nobel Prize and coerced by secularitis to appease the Indian Muslim votebank, just like MMS was. :roll:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Anantha wrote:http://m.niticentral.com/2014/05/21/an- ... 25617.html
Mother of all open letters to Modi
It’s been a historic verdict and contrary to all your propaganda, misinformation campaigns, chest beating on national and international forums, twisting facts, fabrications and copious shedding of crocodile tears, for the first time almost after three decades, the country is going to have an absolute-majority Government with as clear a mandate as one can dream of. Hello stability. Bye bye anarchy. That’s settled.
For you it’s been a long battle, of course. The past 10-12 years were just a culmination and a crescendo but otherwise, you guys have been active for many decades in one form or another, pulling a string here, putting a piece there, ruining one career, promoting another. By colluding with the politicians, especially of the Congress variety, you have created an empire of mutual coexistence and devised a system to feed upon the masses of the country without killing them, for, if the masses die, whom do you feed on?
Divide the country at every pretext. Hammer into the minorities and the backwards why they need special treatment, how they are being suppressed, how they are being victimised and why they need protection from the majority. Blame the majority for being a majority. Denigrate its culture. Destroy its history. Throttle its sense of pride. Deride its festivals. Perpetrate intellectual confusion. Fill it with the plague of guilt. Do whatever it takes to crush its spirit completely. Isn’t it win-win situation? Keep the majority in doldrums and intellectual confusion and keep the minorities in a permanent state of insecurity. Nobody remains to put up a resistance.

Within this you-scratch-my-back-and-I-scratch-yours system, your political masters are happy, you are happy. More public insecurity means more consolidation for your political masters. More consolidation means greater political power. Greater political power means, well, power to do whatever you want to do. You get plum postings. You easily get grants. Massive funding is available for your NGOs without even one question asked. Your kids get admission in elite schools. You can get treatment in the best of hospitals. You enjoy foreign trips. You get to broker mega deals. You control the strings of millions of lives. Sometimes, even for writing a single Congress-friendly article you can get a bungalow in a posh locality. You can get published in “prestigious” magazines and newspapers even if you can’t write a single paragraph without mistakes. You can stop books from being published. You can easily get your own books published. You get to give talks at international conferences, mostly at exotic locations, all-expense paid. You get to hobnob with the Who’s Who of the society. You don’t have to worry about electricity. You don’t have to worry about water. Neither heat bothers you nor cold because you live and move in AC environment. Travel is automatically taken care of. Accommodation is something you never need to worry about. Your previous generation lived in the lap of luxury like this. Even the previous generation of the previous generation. And now you are reaping the fruits of all the trees your parents and grandparents planted. This is an ecosystem that has evolved over more than 60 years so naturally your multiple generations have contributed.
The problem is, your ecosystem hinges upon the survival of a particular class of political system. This political system sustains you to solve its own purpose. It needs you to keep the society divided and confused. It needs you to steer the public discourse in a desired direction. It needs journalists that never ask the right questions. It needs intellectuals like you who never hold them accountable. It needs scholars who can subvert the truth to weaken the cultural roots of the country. Basically, the survival of this particular class of political system depends on a highly polarised, a highly divided society, and you play a big part. You both support each other and without each other, life would be quite difficult.

As a result, it robs you of your sleep when Mr Modi talks about unifying the country under the concept of nationhood rather than a hodgepodge of identities. The unity disturbs you. The fact that people should be Indians first and then different religions and castes leaves you uneasy. This makes you feel that people’s identities are going to be expunged. The fault lines will be blurred. People won’t be fighting each other. Many-ness, you pontificate, is better than oneness. It’s the current status of divisiveness and polarisation and fear and suspicion that sustains you, how can you possibly let it go?

Your very existence depends on being a champion of someone, of the downtrodden, of the endangered, of the marginalised and the victimised. Most of you run one or the other NGO. According to a CBI report – yes, a Government agency and not something related to the RSS – there are more than 20 lacs NGOs in India which means, there is one NGO for every 600 Indians. If you go by the conservative figures of the Home Ministry, these NGOs get roughly Rs 11,500 crore from various international agencies annually. With so much money involved, how can you even think of changing the status quo? I can understand your plight. Stronger India, a united India, a progressive India nullifies the existence of your NGO. Your favourite image of the country is someone like Mother Teresa putting a morsel into a half-skeleton-half-skin child whose big white eyes jut out of a withered, hairless skull.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Modi’s Triumph in India Is a Stroke of FortuneFor the Democratic World

Different Stroke
The decisive victory of Narendra Modi, 13-year chief minister — governor — of Gujarat State and candidate of the Bharatiya Janata party, is seen by the international Left as a victory of a semi-fascist sectarian implicated in the massacre of up to 2,000 Muslims in 2001, and by the international moderate Right as India’s ticket to ride more quickly and comfortably into prosperity than China.
Conceivably, they could both be correct, but there is no recent evidence that Mr. Modi is carrying out a religious mission. All concede that, in his time in Gujarat, he tore down the state government, dispensed with reams of regulations and encumbrances, and justified his claim in the late election that he was dispensing with red tape and replacing it by rolling out a red carpet for investors.
He racked up 10% to 14% annual economic-growth rates in Gujarat, a state of 60 million people, and attracted heavy investment by sophisticated and high-paying manufacturers, including Ford and Tata. He greatly expanded hydroelectric generation in the state and made electricity universally accessible, which assisted in the improvement of irrigation, soil, and the quality of cotton and other crops; the rural economy grew even more quickly than urban industries, at a steady 14 percent annually.

All of us who remember the country’s first prime minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, sitting in the garden of the sumptuous Edward Lutyens–designed official residence in New Delhi, fondling a rose and explaining in his Harrow and Cambridge and Inner Temple accent the moral superiority of India precisely because of its teeming poverty and the resulting virtue of the country’s disregard for materialism, will be relieved to see the unprecedented defeat his Congress party suffered last week.
That sensation will be more intense for those who also remember Nehru’s daughter, Indira Gandhi, fondling a rose off the same bush and parked in the same chair and giving essentially the same claim to moral exaltedness despite the squalor and corruption of her country, which her policies (like those of her father) did little to alleviate. The Congress party and the Nehru-Gandhi family clung to the headship of that vast country like limpets for all but about twelve of the 67 years of Indian independence.As in many other formerly colonial entities, the party that agitated most effectively for an end to colonial status reaped a post-independence dividend of prolonged incumbency. It cannot be said that Congress abused that right on the scale of Mugabe in Zimbabwe or even of the African National Congress in South Africa, but corruption was rife and, while democracy was not stifled, the pious affectation of moral superiority grated severely for decades.Despite Mahatma Gandhi’s championship of non-violence — he advised Jews to accept their fate and go quietly to the death camps, and to bear no bitterness against their Nazi executioners — he urged free passage for the Japanese armed forces through the British Indian Empire to carry the war into the Middle East and join up with Field Marshal Rommel’s Afrika Korps. Nehru claimed to be the founder of the neutral movement after Indian independence, hobnobbing with such neutrals as Sukarno of Indonesia, Nasser of Egypt, and even Castro.The whole stance was a monstrous fraud, as most of the member states of the movement were either Communist-dominated, like Indonesia; heavily paid by the USSR, like Egypt; or intimidated by the threat of Communist aggression. This last would have been true of India if it had not had implicit Western Alliance protection, and indeed the Chinese gave Nehru a good thrashing along their lengthy mountainous border. Indira Gandhi was still warbling about peace and respect for the dignity of all human life when she promoted war with Pakistan, helped engineer the breakup of that country, and then, for a sorbet, brought in compulsory sterilization on capricious criteria to ease the demographic burden of India’s high birthrate.Inevitably, the international Left is deeply distressed at the prospect of serious economic progress in India. The New Statesman, London’s upper-middle-brow far-left magazine, ran a lengthy report from William Dalrymple (whom I banned from London’s Telegraph newspapers twelve years ago for rampant, foaming-at-the mouth anti-Semitism in Middle East reporting, in his Islamist enthusiasm) detailing the massacre of the Muslims in Gujarat twelve years ago. On the magazine’s cover, the Dalrymple piece was headlined “India’s Worst Nightmare? Narendra Modi, neo-fascism and the making of a tyrant.” The tired, punch-drunk London journalistic Left adheres timelessly to its ancient subterranean standards of fair political reporting, and the lengthy article within was an appropriate farrago of leftist bigotry.
Certainly, the 2002 incident in which up to 2,000 people died was dreadful, and is a legitimate concern (though Mr. Modi was cleared by India’s Supreme Court). While Mr. Modi avoided anything tendentiously sectarian in his campaign, he may not yet be an overly tolerant man — but he doesn’t have to love India’s 160 million Muslims (despite its 800 million Hindus, it is the world’s third-largest Muslim country) as long as he doesn’t oppress them.The appeasement of Muslims has not been a successful policy in the recent past, and some degree of reciprocity toward the widespread Muslim official hostility to Christians, Hindus, and Jews, though unedifying in the abstract, might be a better bet than the groveling to Iran and Pakistan that the Obama administration and much of the West have engaged in so fruitlessly.Mr. Modi has won the first one-party majority in India in 30 years and has a clear mandate to “Thatcherize” the country (as he says). He has the formula from Gujarat and if he replicates it country-wide, shrinking government and encouraging investment and economic growth, the results could change the world and alter the world balance of power for the forces of democracy and against militant Islam. (He is a strong supporter of Israel, and the arrival of India beside the Canadians and Czechs and Greeks could make life for the Jewish state less lonely than it has been.)
The GDP per capita of India rose almost fivefold between 1992 and 2012, to $1,503 from $324. If Mr. Modi were to achieve across India the growth rates his policies produced in Gujarat for ten years, GDP would jump from $1.8 trillion to $5.1 trillion in ten years, and per capita GDP from $1,503 to $5,000. If the same growth stretched out another ten years from there, Indian GDP would be $13.1 trillion and per capita it would be about $9,700.Of course, these extrapolations never quite match up with the eventual reality. China’s have not, any more than those of Latin American population growth in the U.S. have; nor are the recent demographic trends in Western Europe really going to drive all those European nationalities into extinction like the carrier pigeon, as the trends of recent decades have indicated. But India does not have a 40% command economy like China’s; it does have, from the British, a reasonably plausible legal system; and Indian growth figures could be both harder to lay down exactly and also more spontaneously robust than China’s, in the highest traditions of capitalism.Whatever Mr. Modi’s opinion of Muslims, he is unlikely to submit to the temptations of general persecution and has shown an admirable disposition to share the benefits of economic growth with all elements of the population, including, in Gujarat, that state’s 5 million Muslims. If India progresses at anything like these rates, the impact on the world will be at least as great as that of the rise of Deng Xiaoping’s and his successors’ China.Winston Churchill, who did not hesitate to imprison Gandhi and Nehru during the war, may have meant, when he greeted Nehru at a Commonwealth prime ministers’​ meeting in 1952 as “the light of Asia,” that democracy could lead to an economic miracle. It was a stretch with Nehru, but it may not be with Mr. Modi.Those who have been shouting from the rooftops that China was about to take over the world may have noticed that the Chinese overplayed their hand and have been shown the door in Burma, and are not receiving the deference they have always thought they deserved from the Vietnamese. Japan and the Philippines are not rolling over either, and the rise of India, not any more “pivots” in the White House, is the best source of a strategic balance in eastern and southern Asia and Australasia.As Europe wallows and dithers and America retrenches, the arrival of India as the next Great Power in the world will be a providential stroke of fortune for the forces of democracy and of resistance to Islamic extremism and to the aggressive tendencies of the Russians and Chinese. This is the real importance of last week’s Indian election.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

The pre-election 2014 was focused on taking out one EVIL within, and successfully done that. Now folks, understand the EVIL outside can impact us and are integrated within proxies who are in coherent relationship that needs to be destoryed as well.

So, focus on destroying that EVIL surrounding desh!
chaitanya
BRFite

Post by chaitanya »

I think I read a long time ago that ISRO and the government were looking into creating digital property databases using ISROs mapping capabilities. Is this continuing or did I just dream up the whole thing? :shock:

If I made it up, I think something like this should be explored by NaMo for clearing up land disputes.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Jarita, What purpose served by keeping Madame Defarge style lists?

Modi doesn't want unauthorized statements that can be misused.
ishaan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ishaan »

Who should be the chief guest for 2015 republic day ?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ishaan wrote:Who should be the chief guest for 2015 republic day ?
Japanese PM Shinto
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

chetak wrote:
ishaan wrote:Who should be the chief guest for 2015 republic day ?
Japanese PM Shinto
We had him attend this year & I think Modi will be in Japan in one of his early trips. Perhaps the Vietnamese president Trương Tấn Sang?

Vietnam seems to be looking towards India to be more assertive in regards to Chinese aggression.
Vietnam wants India to 'rise quickly' in region
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 925552.cms
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

or taiwan prez
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

SaiK wrote:or taiwan prez
Taiwan is currently ruled by President Ma who is seen as a PRC appeaser & his KMT party as supportive of reunification.

The recent widespread protests in Taiwan were against his trade deal with PRC and more generally policies perceived as moving Taiwan closer to PRC.

His approval ratings are very low right now and KMT is expected to lose the next elections to DPP.

It would be better to invite a new Taiwan president if that is what happens 2 years from now.

Modi visited Taipei in 1999 and has promoted Taiwanese investment in Gujarat in general. I am hoping the KMT gets thrashed next elections so that he can move much faster.