Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by SaiK »

where would be the big screen if at all any?

any plans on holography?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: Andhasya Putra Andhaha

Post by KLNMurthy »

SwamyG wrote:KLNMurthy:
OT - As per my remembering the story by elders and general acceptance is that it was Draupadi that who laughed. But I have read translations where it is noted that Bhima and servants who laughed. I think ISKCON books say the "Queens" laughed (which includes Draupadi), and Yuddhistra tried to control them, and Krsna suggested Yuddhistra to allow the fun.

I agree with you the point is Duryodhana felt insulted. It does not matter who laughed at him - Bhima, Arjuna or Draupadi (or hazar other queens).
The point of the story is that, for a Duryodhana-like paki mind, any excuse is good enough to start on a path of perfidy and enmity; the events in Mahabharata are driven by the core nature of the characters and not the other way around.
And we know the end result of the war, if Pakistan (and Sharif) knee jerks at the slightest remark as an insult and as a posture of aggressive India, then it is they who are at a loss.

The goal of this SAARC leaders invitation seems uncanny to Yuddhistra inviting everyone to Indraprastha. The party that feels insulted and cheated will perish. Scary and a fascinating chess move (or should I say dice game)?
I think it would be a superficial reading of Mahabharata to say that "Kauravas lost" was the outcome. Yes they lost, but there was no happy-ever-after fairy tale ending. The result of Duryodhana's pakiness was a yuga- ending world war that even Krishna could not prevent. Pakiness put an end even to Krishna's own VRshnis, and to an entire way of life.

The most Krishna could do was to keep alive one seed of hope, Parikshit, and mitigate the impact of kali-yuga somewhat. My point is that we--and Modi as the leader--should have a realistic, history- and dharma- aware sense of what to expect.

I would rather we waste no time at all in papi-jhapi with pakis, and seriously get down to a national project of building underground shelters. Those bullet trains he is planning should be underground; it will require investment in geological fault mapping, mineral exploration, and so on, but that can be a way to drive the economy.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

+1.. but we also need a strong security f/w impl to prevent akshardham, 2611, infilteration kills etc.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Murthy: One could say, Krsna orchestrated the entire thing too. In another way, one cannot really stop the destruction of evil over time. The point was not just a loss, the point was adharma (evil lost), and in the process some good people will have to lose too - collateral damage.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Thus spake the house n!gger in 2012--Narendra Modi's downfall imminent

The intense khujli in unmentionable places for these folks is going to be fun to watch, when I have the time.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

In Modi's case, Krsna was/is the public consciousness!
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

His father was a Congressite. What do you expect from him?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

RoyG wrote:His father was a Congressite. What do you expect from him?
His comments on "democracy" are interesting. I'm convinced this a**hole and others like him were fully on board the AAPturd experiment back then.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

This Zakaria turd is now bleating that US made a mistake in denying visa to Modi. These idiots don't realize that the Internet has elephantine memory and the public is not stupid like the average US State Department official. :rotfl:

Denying visa to Modi was a big mistake by the US: Analyst Fareed Zakaria
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

^^^
I saw him earlier, where Shashi Tharoor claim it is all "Modi 2.0". Shashi does not realize it is he who is seeing Modi without his pink glasses.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

https://twitter.com/veena0202/status/47 ... 56/photo/1
details of 16 dynastic rulers and their time period of total 3749 years upto Harshvardhan pic.twitter.com/ixv9NKQCm4
Kati
BRFite

Re: Andhasya Putra Andhaha

Post by Kati »

KLNMurthy wrote:
SwamyG wrote:KLNMurthy:
OT - As per my remembering the story by elders and general acceptance is that it was Draupadi that who laughed. But I have read translations where it is noted that Bhima and servants who laughed. I think ISKCON books say the "Queens" laughed (which includes Draupadi), and Yuddhistra tried to control them, and Krsna suggested Yuddhistra to allow the fun.

I agree with you the point is Duryodhana felt insulted. It does not matter who laughed at him - Bhima, Arjuna or Draupadi (or hazar other queens).

And we know the end result of the war, if Pakistan (and Sharif) knee jerks at the slightest remark as an insult and as a posture of aggressive India, then it is they who are at a loss.

The goal of this SAARC leaders invitation seems uncanny to Yuddhistra inviting everyone to Indraprastha. The party that feels insulted and cheated will perish. Scary and a fascinating chess move (or should I say dice game)?
I think it would be a superficial reading of Mahabharata to say that "Kauravas lost" was the outcome. Yes they lost, but there was no happy-ever-after fairy tale ending. The result of Duryodhana's pakiness was a yuga- ending world war that even Krishna could not prevent. Pakiness put an end even to Krishna's own VRshnis, and to an entire way of life.

The most Krishna could do was to keep alive one seed of hope, Parikshit, and mitigate the impact of kali-yuga somewhat. My point is that we--and Modi as the leader--should have a realistic, history- and dharma- aware sense of what to expect.

I would rather we waste no time at all in papi-jhapi with pakis, and seriously get down to a national project of building underground shelters. Those bullet trains he is planning should be underground; it will require investment in geological fault mapping, mineral exploration, and so on, but that can be a way to drive the economy.
let's not dwell into Mahabharata as it has many many angles to look at it. From a social-class-angle, it is a saga of working class people eventually dominating the ruling (royal) class. The real winner in Mahabharata is Queen Satyavati (from Nishad community - socially lower class) - who ensured that her lineage gets hold of the throne, and the royal class gets weakened through fratricidal fighting. This is a research topic among social scientists. The actual lesson of mahabharata is Srimad Bhagavad gita. However, to impart the wisdom of Gita, the rest of the mahabharata story has been woven nicely around the contemporary social class-struggle, where Sri krishna, being from the Yadava community played the most significant role in weakening the royal class through the epic battle. .... (Just sharing another angle of research).
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Raja Bose wrote:This Zakaria turd is now bleating that US made a mistake in denying visa to Modi. These idiots don't realize that the Internet has elephantine memory and the public is not stupid like the average US State Department official. :rotfl:

Denying visa to Modi was a big mistake by the US: Analyst Fareed Zakaria
Zakaria also said that the US has extended its invitation to Modi and it was now Modi's chance to take a step ahead. "The US has to dig itself out of that hole and as I said, Obama has tried, the question is now whether Modi will be gracious," he said.

Wow! The onus is on Modi now to be gracious?

BTW - "Global public square" run by Zakaria hosted Lantos's article "The two faces of India". Trying to shed his skin...
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Onus is always on "weaker party" to accept crumbs thrown by bigger power, so the bigger power thinks.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Neela ji, not quite trying to shed skin, trying to save face from any more eggs landing on it is closer to the truth.

this is from last week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAR3cb1V_ss
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Oh the amount of "India should move on" articles ... Puke inducing.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Never reward bad behavior. Simple rule, do pryaschit. Stop supporting Pakistan for 2 years, then relations can be built. That should be the precondition.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Heard that Rediff carried an article saying that Israel helped massively in NaMo's win.
Ever since New Delhi attack happened on Israeli diplomat's wife allegedly by Iranian operative(s), and UPA's reluctance to act on it against Iran, Israel got immensely pissed off, and directly contacted RSS
functionaries to extend help in removing UPA from power. Israel was getting too anxious seeing UPA's closeness to 'faith-fools', and hence pulling the strings.
By the way, just letting know that Israel has painstakingly built a massive network of sympathizers and well-wishers in Bharat over the last ten years.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Kati wrote:Heard that Rediff carried an article saying that Israel helped massively in NaMo's win.
Ever since New Delhi attack happened on Israeli diplomat's wife allegedly by Iranian operative(s), and UPA's reluctance to act on it against Iran, Israel got immensely pissed off, and directly contacted RSS
functionaries to extend help in removing UPA from power. Israel was getting too anxious seeing UPA's closeness to 'faith-fools', and hence pulling the strings.
By the way, just letting know that Israel has painstakingly built a massive network of sympathizers and well-wishers in Bharat over the last ten years.
Let's always call out such insinuations as lies! Many Pakistani groups try to get funding from Gulf trying to make the case that Hindutva is another form of Zionism, an ally of Zionism!

Need to assert our independence each and every time.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Israel helped Modi to win? Call it my ignorance or understanding of India, but I am laughing very hard. :rotfl: Israel is so powerful it can help Modi win, but cannot solve its own problems?

BTW, after Pakistan, Israel is the next country to be created by the Western powers on religious/ethnic lines. Both of them were manufactured by people who did not understand the people, and both of them have caused takleef right from their existence to the globe.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

one can ask zakaria to go jump into red sea! why what he says makes importance?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Was an invitation sent to Modi's family members for the oath-ceremony?

boss log, can you clarify this for me? I am developing a bad taste in my mouth, but would like to know a little more before I spell my takleef. I am reading different media reports of the family watching the ceremony on TV.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

When NaMo takes oath on May 26th, he'll be carrying special flowers as blessings sent from Belur Math, Ramakrishana Mission HQ. These flowers were sent to NaMo after they were offered to Sri ramkrishna dev paramhansa at a special Puja by Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj, the current President of the Math.
I'm copying the full article carried by ABP detailing the special relationship between NaMo and Ramakrishna Mission since his teen days.
বেলুড়ের প্রসাদী ফুল নিয়েই মোদীর শপথ
জয়ন্ত ঘোষাল

নয়াদিল্লি, ২৬ মে, ২০১৪, ০৩:৪৬:৩৯
e e e print

পঞ্চদশতম প্রধানমন্ত্রী হিসেবে সোমবার নরেন্দ্র দামোদরদাস মোদী যখন রাষ্ট্রপতি ভবনে শপথবাক্য পাঠ করবেন, তখন তাঁর পকেটে থাকবে বেলুড় মঠ থেকে পাঠানো ঠাকুর শ্রীশ্রীরামকৃষ্ণের প্রসাদী ফুল।
কয়েক দিন আগেই রামকৃষ্ণ মিশন থেকে স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দ চিঠি দিয়ে মোদীকে আশীর্বাদ এবং শুভেচ্ছা জানিয়েছিলেন। তার পরে শপথ গ্রহণের আগেই বেলুড় মঠ থেকে দিল্লির গুজরাত ভবনে তাঁর হাতে পৌঁছে দেওয়া হয়েছে এই প্রসাদী ফুল। সঙ্গে স্বামী বিবেকানন্দের সার্ধশতবর্ষ উপলক্ষে প্রকাশিত বিশেষ মুদ্রা। মুদ্রাটি বেলুড়ে ঠাকুরের চরণ স্পর্শ করিয়ে আশীর্বাদ স্বরূপ পাঠানো হয়েছে। মোদী নিজে বলছেন, “সেই কোন শৈশব থেকে আমি ঠাকুর শ্রীশ্রীরামকৃষ্ণের ভক্ত। স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দ বেলুড় মঠের সংঘগুরু। তাঁর আশীর্বাদ নিয়েই আমি রাষ্ট্রপতি ভবনে যাচ্ছি।”
মোদীকে ফুল পাঠালেও বেলুড় মঠ কিন্তু চিরকালই রাজনীতি থেকে নিজেকে হাজার মাইল দূরে রেখেছে। এমনকী ভগিনী নিবেদিতা স্বাধীনতা আন্দোলনে পরোক্ষ ভাবে যুক্ত হয়েছিলেন বলে সে সময় বেলুড় মঠ নিবেদিতার সঙ্গে দূরত্ব রচনা করে নিয়েছিল। ভরত মহারাজের সঙ্গে ইন্দিরা গাঁধীর সম্পর্ক ছিল সুবিদিত। কিন্তু স্নেহের ‘ইন্দু’র সঙ্গে ভরত মহারাজের মতো প্রবীণ সন্ন্যাসীর সম্পর্ক নিয়েও তৎকালীন কিছু ট্রাস্টি প্রশ্ন তুলেছিলেন। মঠ মহারাজকে পরামর্শ দিয়েছিল, ইন্দিরার সঙ্গে সম্পর্ক থাকলেও তা নিয়ে আতিশয্য পরিহার করা ভাল। এখন বেলুড় মঠের কিছু সন্ন্যাসী মুখ্যমন্ত্রী মমতা বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়ের সঙ্গে ঘনিষ্ঠ সম্পর্ক রাখেন। তার জন্য কিছু প্রবীণ সন্ন্যাসী কিন্তু কিঞ্চিৎ অস্বস্তিরই শিকার। তাঁদেরই এক জন বলছিলেন, “এটা একটু বাড়াবাড়ি হচ্ছে। খুব শীঘ্রই এঁদের সতর্ক করে দেওয়া হবে।”
নরেন্দ্র মোদীর ক্ষেত্রে কি তা হলে এর ব্যতিক্রম হতে চলেছে?
মঠের এক প্রবীণ সন্ন্যাসীর কথায়, বিষয়টা তা নয়। মোদীকে নিয়ে এই সমস্যাটাই হবে না। কেন? “বেলুড় মঠ যে কোনও দিন বাবা রামদেব বা রবিশঙ্কর হবে না, সক্রিয় রাজনীতি থেকে দূরেই থাকবে, সেটা নরেন্দ্র মোদীর থেকে বেশি কেউ জানেন না।” নির্বাচনী প্রচারের সময় রামদেব বা রবিশঙ্কর মঞ্চে দাঁড়িয়ে মোদীর সমর্থনে সভা করেছেন। রামকৃষ্ণ মিশনের থেকে কিন্তু মোদী সেই সক্রিয় সমর্থনের প্রত্যাশা করেননি। প্রেসিডেন্ট মহারাজের সঙ্গে মোদীর নিজস্ব সম্পর্কের একটা অতীত পটভূমি আছে। সেটা সকলেই জানেন। ওই সন্ন্যাসীর বক্তব্য, “প্রধানমন্ত্রী হওয়ার অনেক আগে থেকেই মোদীর সঙ্গে বেলুড় মঠের একটা ব্যক্তিগত সম্পর্ক ছিল। মোদী জানেন বেলুড় মঠের মতো প্রতিষ্ঠানের সঙ্গে সম্পর্ক কী ভাবে কতটুকু রাখা উচিত।”
বস্তুত রামকৃষ্ণ মিশনের সঙ্গে মোদীর সম্পর্ক বড় গভীর। কৈশোরে মোদী বাড়ি থেকে পালিয়ে গিয়েছিলেন সন্ন্যাসী হবেন বলে। প্রথমে তিনি চলে যান হিমালয়ে। তিন মাস কোনও খোঁজখবর ছিল না। কেউ জানত না নরেন্দ্র মোদী কোথায়। তিনি তখন গিয়েছিলেন আলমোড়ায় রামকৃষ্ণ মিশনে। তারপর আসেন রাজকোট আশ্রমে। আজকের ‘প্রেসিডেন্ট মহারাজ’ স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দ ১৯৬৬ সালে রাজকোট মিশনের সচিব ছিলেন। এক সতীর্থ সন্ন্যাসীর মাধ্যমে মোদী আত্মস্থানন্দের কাছে পৌঁছন। বলেন যে তিনি সন্ন্যাসী হতে চান। এর আগে আলমোড়া আশ্রমেও তিনি একই আবেদন করেছিলেন। তাঁরা মোদীকে সন্ন্যাস ধর্মে মন্ত্র দিতে রাজি হননি। স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দের কাছে মোদী যখন আবার একই অনুরোধ করলেন, তখন তিনি মোদীকে বোঝান বেলুড় মঠে কোনও শাখার সচিব সন্ন্যাস প্রদানের বিষয়ে একতরফা সিদ্ধান্ত নিতে পারেন না।
এর পরে মোদী রাজকোটের আশ্রমেই ব্রহ্মচারীর মতো থাকতে শুরু করেন এবং আশ্রমের কাজকর্মে যুক্ত হয়ে যান। অল্প কিছু দিনের মধ্যেই স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দের স্নেহভাজন হয়ে ওঠেন তিনি। স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দই তাঁকে বেলুড় মঠের তৎকালীন প্রেসিডেন্ট মহারাজ স্বামী মাধবানন্দের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করিয়ে দেন। কিন্তু স্বামী মাধবানন্দও মোদীকে বলেন, সন্ন্যাস যোগ তাঁর জন্য নয়। রাষ্ট্র গঠন ও সমাজের সংস্কারে তাঁকে কাজ করতে হবে। হিমালয়ের এক সাধুও গুজরাতের গ্রামে এসে মোদীর মা’কে বলেছিলেন, “তোমার ছেলে এক দিন দেশ চালাবে। ওর কুণ্ডলীতে রাজযোগ আছে।”
বেলুড় মঠের সহকারী সম্পাদক স্বামী সুবীরানন্দ এ দিনও বলছিলেন, “মোদী সন্ন্যাসী হতে চেয়েছিলেন। কিন্তু তাঁর যে রাষ্ট্রের এবং রাজনীতির আরও বড় দায়িত্ব পালন করার ক্ষমতা আছে, সেটা সে দিন মহারাজেরা বুঝতে পেরেছিলেন।” সেই জন্যই তাঁকে সন্ন্যাসে দীক্ষা দেওয়া হয়নি। কিন্তু মোদীর কাছে রামকৃষ্ণ মিশনের একটা আলাদা জায়গা থেকেই গিয়েছে। মিশনের সঙ্গে তাঁর সম্পর্কও রয়ে গিয়েছে। গত বছরই ১০ এপ্রিল বেলুড় মঠে গিয়ে স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দের সঙ্গে দেখা করেন মোদী। সকালবেলা মঠে গিয়ে ঠাকুরকে প্রণাম করেছিলেন। স্বামী আত্মস্থানন্দের আবাসগৃহে গিয়ে আশীর্বাদ নিয়েছিলেন।
রামকৃষ্ণ মিশন যে তাঁর কাছে কতটা গুরুত্ব পায়, সেটা মোদী নিজে অকুণ্ঠ ভাবে স্বীকার করেন। মোদীর সঙ্গে সর্বক্ষণ থাকেন, এমন এক জন সহকারী সচিব বলছিলেন, মোদী ব্যক্তিগত জীবনে কুসংস্কার মানেন না। জ্যোতিষ নিয়ে অন্য অনেক বিজেপি নেতার মতো বাড়াবাড়িও করেন না। খুব ঘটা করে যজ্ঞ বা পুজো করেন, তা-ও নয়। তবে রোজ সকালে যোগাসন ও ধ্যান করেন। “আর মিশনের বিষয়ে উনি ভীষণ সংবেদনশীল।” মোদীর নিজের কথায়, “আমি মিশনের সন্ন্যাসী হতে গিয়েছিলাম, সে কথা ঠিক। সে সব গল্প করার দিন আজ নয়। তবে মনে মনে ভেবে রেখেছি, রামকৃষ্ণ মিশনের সঙ্গে আমার দিনগুলোর কথা কিছু লিখে রাখব। ভবিষ্যতে সেগুলো মানুষকে জানানোর ইচ্ছে আছে।”
মঠের কাছেও মোদীর জায়গাটা একেবারে আলাদা। রামকৃষ্ণ মিশন মোদীর রাজনীতির সঙ্গে নিজেকে মেলাতে চায় না। কোনও রকম দলীয় রাজনীতির ভিতরেই ঢুকতে চায় না। প্রবীণ সন্ন্যাসীরা বলছেন, স্বামীজি দেশ গঠন এবং আর্ত মানুষের সেবায় নিযুক্ত হতে বলেছিলেন। মুখ্যমন্ত্রী যেমন রাজ্যের অভিভাবক, প্রধানমন্ত্রী তেমন দেশের অভিভাবক। কোনও দলের নয়, এখানে তিনি মানুষের প্রধানমন্ত্রী। স্বামী সুবীরানন্দের কথায়, “গণতান্ত্রিক ভাবে নির্বাচিত প্রধানমন্ত্রী যাতে মানুষের জন্য কাজ করতে পারেন, তার জন্য রামকৃষ্ণ মিশন নিশ্চয়ই তাঁকে শুভেচ্ছা জানাচ্ছে।” কিন্তু তার মানে এই নয় যে, বেলুড় মঠ রাজনীতি আর আধ্যাত্মিকতাকে মেলাবে। ভবিষ্যতে তৃণমূল ও বিজেপির রাজনৈতিক সংঘাত যদি বাড়ে, এমন নয় যে তার প্রভাব মঠের ভিতর প্রবেশ করবে। মঠের অগ্রাধিকার শুধুমাত্র আধ্যাত্মিকতাই থাকবে।
এমনকী সামাজিক কর্মসূচির উৎসাহও যাতে মঠের আধ্যাত্মিক অগ্রাধিকারকে লঘু করে না দেয়, সেটা খেয়াল রাখেন সন্ন্যাসীরা। শিক্ষা ও স্বাস্থ্য প্রতিষ্ঠান চালানোর পাশাপাশি আর্ত মানুষের সেবা করাটাও মিশনের ঘোষিত কর্মসূচি। কিন্তু আধ্যাত্মিকতাকে খর্ব না করার জন্যই বারাণসীর অদ্বৈত আশ্রম ও হাসপাতাল এবং মিশনকে দু’টি পৃথক সংস্থা করে রাখা হয়েছে, মেলানো হয়নি। এ বিষয়ে ভগিনী নিবেদিতার ক্ষেত্রে যে নীতি নেওয়া হয়েছিল, বেলুড় মঠ তা থেকে সরেনি। নরেন্দ্র মোদীর ক্ষেত্রেও তার অন্যথা হবে না বলেই জানাচ্ছেন সন্ন্যাসীরা।
The salient point:
NaMo went to Ramakrishana Mission, and stayed there to become a sanyasi, but Maharaj-ji's told him repeatedly that his is not a sanyasi's life , - rather he has to lead the country and build the society......
NaMo maintained his close contact with the mission, and has a special soft-corner for it.
...What a prophecy.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Karan M wrote:Onus is always on "weaker party" to accept crumbs thrown by bigger power, so the bigger power thinks.
Problem is when the "weaker party" turns out to be a David.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

SwamyG wrote:Was an invitation sent to Modi's family members for the oath-ceremony?

boss log, can you clarify this for me? I am developing a bad taste in my mouth, but would like to know a little more before I spell my takleef. I am reading different media reports of the family watching the ceremony on TV.
Tell me from your PeeAteEff Intelligence what do you think it would be?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

From article above:
Madani reportedly said that keeping in view the changed political scene in the country, Muslims needed to consider all aspects of a situation before making combative public statements against the elected PM.
Yep. Fall back on Hudaibiya to save your Musharrafs but the entire world recognizes the essential double-crossing it represents.
Madani added that this did not mean that the wounds of the 2002 Gujarat riots had healed or that all was forgotten and forgiven
Correctamundo. We will never forget or forgive the burning alive of innocent Hindu pilgrims--men, women, children--at Godhra by a Muslim mob that started the riots in Gujarat.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

SwamyG wrote:Was an invitation sent to Modi's family members for the oath-ceremony?

As per official Modi campaign reports, No member of Modi family will be at the swearing in. There is a contradicting report by TOIlet that his wife would be attending. So the only person who may attend is his wife (if at all she goes).
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

I haven't seen such media coverage of any Indian PM's swearing in ceremony. This type of pomp is typically associated with swearing-in ceremonies of leaders of the free world. I guess the writing is on the wall for all to see. :mrgreen:
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Having got more votes than all the leaders of the West combined, Narendrabhai Damodardas Modi is indeed the leader of the Free World!
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Anantha wrote:

As per official Modi campaign reports, No member of Modi family will be at the swearing in. There is a contradicting report by TOIlet that his wife would be attending. So the only person who may attend is his wife (if at all she goes).
I do not think she has been invited, at least per interviews with her. Looks like his brothers are going to watch on TV - hence I was wondering if they were invited.

Media in the absence of any information, is running helter-skelter and interviewing family members and anybody who had a past with Modi. Again media reports his family are still waiting for an invitation. But we all know how media screws things repeatedly. It is like "Peepli Live".

Modi has all the rights to invite the people he wants, but if his family was not invited and the likes of Salman are invited then it is deeply disappointing to me.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

SwamyG
From the reports I have read Modiji's wife is not going (The TOIlet report is BS).
Modi has indicated, he is not going to mix statecraft and family. He is going to keep it that way and we have to respect it.
Regarding invitations to other assorted assholes like rashid harami alwi and others who dragged Modiji's family during the election, there is a special place in hell for those guys. History will not remember Rashid Harami types.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Anantha wrote:SwamyG
Modi has indicated, he is not going to mix statecraft and family. He is going to keep it that way and we have to respect it.
Regarding invitations to other assorted assholes like rashid harami alwi and others who dragged Modiji's family during the election, there is a special place in hell for those guys. History will not remember Rashid Harami types.
In all seriousness, Modi or nobody cares about me or my opinions. :mrgreen: But it is rather telling if a person like him does not invite his own family but then extends invitations to other humans. I do not buy the logic of him trying to NOT mix statecraft and family. In that case, he should not be mixing statecraft and friends too.

Of course, I do not know what transpired behind the scenes. So my takleef is based on speculation. But I don't think I am far off.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

SwamyG wrote:

In all seriousness, Modi or nobody cares about me or my opinions. :mrgreen: But it is rather telling if a person like him does not invite his own family but then extends invitations to other humans. I do not buy the logic of him trying to NOT mix statecraft and family. In that case, he should not be mixing statecraft and friends too.

Of course, I do not know what transpired behind the scenes. So my takleef is based on speculation. But I don't think I am far off.
You and I (more than you) may have a difficult time understanding what a Sanyasi means.

http://www.indiadivine.org/news/hinduis ... -modi-r724

Essence of it IIUC is that you renounce all personal ties to serve a greater cause. The reverse of what the Nehru-Gandhi manifest : renounce the greater cause to serve personal familial ties.

Keyser Soze also said through Kobayshi : "One cannot be betrayed if one has no people.

That's what is different about Modi.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

RajeshA wrote:Having got more votes than all the leaders of the West combined, Narendrabhai Damodardas Modi is indeed the leader of the Free World!
AoA! 8)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Anantha wrote:

How many times does Toilet has to lie and yet you want to believe them?
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

NaMo does not have 'personal' friends. Sallu and all others who have been invited are just pieces in the giant chessboard of politics that is India. The swearing-in ceremony is a STATE function - it is not Modi's personal/family satyanarayan pooja. If NaMo had been living with any family, it may have been natural for that family to attend the ceremony. Since he lives alone (and has lived alone for decades), it is absolutely 'wajib' and in fact it is a mark of a great statesman that he is not inviting his personal family. Swamyg garu, I didn't expect you to not distinguish between what is state and what is personal :(

added later: Make no mistake - every invitee to this function has in his/her own power to advance the interests of India, in some way, shape or form, through NaMo's adroit leadership. Some of them have the power and desire to do the opposite. All have been invited so that NaMo personally, or his team members, can advance the agenda of the nation through an interaction with each invitee. This function is not some galli govinda or 'sarvajanik satyanarayan pooja'.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

SwamyG wrote:
Anantha wrote:SwamyG

As per the latest new reports (UNDTV) his mother is expected to attend.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Abhijit wrote:NaMo does not have 'personal' friends. Sallu and all others who have been invited are just pieces in the giant chessboard of politics that is India. The swearing-in ceremony is a STATE function - it is not Modi's personal/family satyanarayan pooja. If NaMo had been living with any family, it may have been natural for that family to attend the ceremony. Since he lives alone (and has lived alone for decades), it is absolutely 'wajib' and in fact it is a mark of a great statesman that he is not inviting his personal family. Swamyg garu, I didn't expect you to not distinguish between what is state and what is personal :(
True. If he hasn't had any contact with his family for decades, why would he invite them now and why should we be disappointed if he does not invite his family? I wonder if he remained aloof from his family so that no one can accuse him of any nepotism. Perhaps he already knew he was going to be a big time politician and prepared himself decades in advance. Or may be its just his sanyas that forbids him from keeping any family connections. It's not easy to ignore your near and dear ones and be alone all your life. Imagine yourselves not talking to your brothers and sisters and their kids and grand kids. Its a supreme sacrifice Modi is making just so that a small obstacle in his path is removed.