General Elections 2014- Transition of power & World Reaction

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manny
BRFite

Re: General Elections 2014- Transition of power & World Reac

Post by Manny »

akashganga wrote:
Pratyush wrote:Man i sure hope that the INC would continue to place its trust and faith in the Dynasty. As after all, while journey is important. The destination (0) is all the more so.

IOW, how can the INC be rebuilt in the vision of the Crown prince. Unless it is completely destroyed, electorally and organizationally.
INC of today is not the same as INC of Mahatma Gandhi, Tilak, Ambedkar, etc. The INC has been hijacked by western forces through italian catholic called Sonia. INC of Mahatma never hid their hindu identity. Mahatma always carried Bagawat Gita. Even Nehru, and Indira always showed their hindu identify in public. In Sonia's INC any show of hindu identity is hated. They appoint tiny minority christians as chief ministers of Andhra, Chattisgarh, etc. They have not appointed any hindu chief minister in kerala for more than a generation. We need a healthy two party system one BJP and other true INC on the ideals of Mahatma, Tilak, Ambedkar, etc. INC can be purged of the western christian control only by emergence of leaders equivalent to Atalji, or Modiji in congress. My 2 cents.

There is lots of introspection going on within the Congress party. Sonia is introspecting (now) that there is anger against the congress party that they did not realize.. Duh!.

And someone has suggested changing the name of the congress party. Drum Roll please… "The Anti Hindu Coalition party of India". The party that appeals to every single Anti Hindu nutjob out there! The party that appealse to Evangelicls, Islamists, the anarchists, the MAoists, the MArxists and other commies, Anti Hindu Hindu (JNU types), Gunga Dins and Anti Hindus of the the world.
Last edited by Manny on 24 May 2014 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pratyush wrote:Man i sure hope that the INC would continue to place its trust and faith in the Dynasty. As after all, while journey is important. The destination (0) is all the more so.

IOW, how can the INC be rebuilt in the vision of the Crown prince. Unless it is completely destroyed, electorally and organizationally.
It is amazing how those arrogant buffoons like Kapil Sibal, Manish Tiwari and co hide behind the Sonia sari and family name. None of them has the presence or clout on their own to lead that damn party anywhere. What a bunch of losers.

My biggest worry is that the party will bounce back with the family. I have no problem if the party bounces buck but the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty should be kicked out. I am hoping the entire country will continue to oppose that ludicrous dynasty.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

I am not sure we should even give any quarters to the congress party...even without the evil feudal family.

I am thinking , keeping the family may be useful so the congress party can never function with meritocracy. I do not want to see any new leadership within the Congress party. I don't want to see this eviI rise again. Family retards as leader is the best way to keep this anti Hindu party away from power. We need to keep exposing and branding the congress party for what it really is..its a coalition of Anti Hindus..The Islamists, the evangelicals, the Maoists, the marxists, the Anti Hindu Gunga Dins (JNU types), Anarchists. This disparate groups can be kept together only with their common theme of Anti Hinduism. Lets box them in the hole they have dug for themselves.

Maybe the AAP or some other non Anti Hindu groups can be helped so they can reorganize as an opposition party to the BJP. We need to marginalize and expose and keep the lights on the Anti Hindus all the time.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Manny wrote:I am not sure we should even give any quarters to the congress party...even without the evil feudal family.

I am thinking , keeping the family may be useful so the congress party can never function with meritocracy. I do not want to see any new leadership within the Congress party. I don't want to see this eviI rise again. Family retards as leader is the best way to keep this anti Hindu party away from power. We need to keep exposing and branding the congress party for what it really is..its a coalition of Anti Hindus..The Islamists, the evangelicals, the Maoists, the marxists, the Anti Hindu Gunga Dins (JNU types), Anarchists. This disparate groups can be kept together only with their common theme of Anti Hinduism. Lets box them in the hole they have dug for themselves.

Maybe the AAP or some other non Anti Hindu groups can be helped so they can reorganize as an opposition party to the BJP. We need to marginalize and expose and keep the lights on the Anti Hindus all the time.
If the sonia family is kept out of congress completely for sufficiently long time say 10 years or more I believe congress will regain its original spirit. When the family was out in early 90s it was doing OK. Narasimha Rao saved our economy by opening it up, brought in manmohan as FM, solved pujab problem, solved assam problem, etc. It is very difficult to remove family. The family is keep in power by a powerful old boy network made up of Doon School and Delhi's St. Stephen's college. You can go and do some research how many alumni members from these institutions make up inner circle of the family and how many of them are congress MPs. They have totally sidelined the real gandhians and the result is successful local leaders like mulayam or lallu or nitish or maya. For India's long term success we absolutely need original congress of Mahatma, Tilak, etc. Otherwise after 5 or 10 years western christian controlled sonia parivar will come back to power with vengence and ruin the country.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

"Narasimha Rao saved our economy by opening it up, brought in manmohan as FM, s"

The congress Party bankrupted India in 1992. The IMF put a gun to India's head to open the economy. The congress did not do this on their own. This important point seems to be missing. The congress is falsely given credit for opening the economy.. They were dragged screaming and kicking to open the economy...

We do not need the congress pary in any shape of form. Its ruined for ever. Its now an Anti Hindu party. Every antii Hindu groups from the evangelical chsitians to Islamists to JNU commies have used the trojan horse called "Secularim" to destroy Hindus and Hinduism. They have turned the liberals of the world against Hindus. "Hinduism" is a dirty word now in the west because of the congressies. These congressies have successfully convinced the west that Hindus are more evil than NAzies and Islamists of the world

The best way to nail the coffin called congress si to keep the retard children of the family in leadership. A stunted party for ever and ever!

Why would anyone want the congress party to survive and thrive? What for? I don't get it.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

We need to move towards a presidential system but I would keep the electoral college out. We need to have a very strong intelligence apparatus that is very dharmic in its outlook that will keep anti-national infiltration into parties in check. I agree with you in that Modi will have to ensure that the final nails are hammered into the Congress and AAP coffins.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

UlanBatori wrote:
INC can be purged of the western christian control only by emergence of leaders equivalent to Atalji, or Modiji in congress. My 2 cents.Quite true. They need to find leaders who will shift emphasis to the INDIAN and NATIONAL from the CON parts of the name.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/video/soni ... 63438.html

Sonia Gandhi re-elected CPP leader
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Country getting ready for the oath ceremony.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 532509.cms
All Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha MPs have been invited, which alone add up to 777. These MPs have been asked not to bring companions. Sources said that former presidents Pratibha Patil and A.P.J. Abdul Kalam had also invited. Outgoing PM Manmohan Singh will be there along with some members of his cabinet. About 20 of the invitations will be for Modi's personal guests while ministers can be accompanied by four guests each
Keeping in view sheer numbers the ceremony will be held on the red graveled grounds of the Rashtrapati Bhavan forecourt. Modi will be sworn in against the stunning backdrop of the setting sun against the edifice of the Rashtrapati Bhavan and the PM designate will face the historic Jaipur Column and the glorious expanse of Rajpath right up to India Gate.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sonia Gandhi re-elected CPP leader
:rotfl:

Vinasa Kale.. etc
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Sheela Bhatts khyaali pulaoo in Rediff turned out to be cent per cent bunkum.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

I guess the taste of defeat is not sufficient once, well she can look forward to another one in 5 years time.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Bade wrote:I guess the taste of defeat is not sufficient once, well she can look forward to another one in 5 years time.
I think that is inline with their thinking, i.e. NaMo is a feku. She/they are putting the money where thier mouth is. They, i.e. Cng(I) will lose their shirt in 2019.

By the way, when did Cong(I) appropriate INC moniker? It was Cong(I) after emergency. Some of us remember that famous chemchagiri of "India is Indira and Indira is India" and that the I stands for India not Indira. That said, IG was certainly who was needed during the 70s.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

shiv wrote:
It is amazing how those arrogant buffoons like Kapil Sibal, Manish Tiwari and co hide behind the Sonia sari and family name. None of them has the presence or clout on their own to lead that damn party anywhere. What a bunch of losers.

My biggest worry is that the party will bounce back with the family. I have no problem if the party bounces buck but the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty should be kicked out. I am hoping the entire country will continue to oppose that ludicrous dynasty.
I do not believe it is possible in the next generation for the congress to be without nehru-gandhi control. They were challenged last time in late 90s by Rajesh Pilot, Prasad, and another one (?) and all three of them are gone. Congresss is controlled by a complex old boy network made up mostly of Doon School mates. Most people of India do not understand this and the press and politically correct non-congress politicians, and journalists will not talk about it. I hope unlike Vajpayee government Modi government does well specially in the hindi belt of UP, Bihar, MP, etc and wins in 2019 again. That is our only hope. We need at least 10 years of BJP sarkar to implement and sustain bharatiya swadeshi economic policies and culture.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Another one was arun Nehru ?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Congress folks are addicted to N-G family to lord over them. Otherwise how much difference it would have made to the final score line if there was no Raul or Sonia. Priyanka anyways campaigns in her mommy and Bhaiya's constituencies.
N-G name is required especially for baseless, rootless politicians who otherwise wont even get 10 folks to second their name for elections. In return they cheer for the Family in media and abroad and create next level of dependents like Turdesai, doorknob, Sen etc. who become second line of cheerleaders for the family.
It was India's misfortune that congress got lucky in 2004 and ABV lost otherwise we would have seen end of dynasty by now.
It will now be very hard for the dynasty to bounce back unless something goes horrible wrong with new govt.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Why Congress Lost

The Congress Party, which has been rotting from the inside for years, lost the election because it deserved to. Here’s why, in no particular order:

1. Perhaps more than anything else, it became a party of courtiers, sycophants, hangers on and boosters. In the age of television, in multiple languages and literally hundreds of channels in India – the pro-Congress bias (hidden under the garb of a secular orientation) resulted in the country seeing the true face of the party. To daily watch one Congress drone after the other – Tiwari, Singhvi, Natarajan, Aiyar, Jha and Sibal to surname a few – repeat the same old tired nonsense of “Madam this” or “Rahulji that” as if they had no view of their own, no mind of their own and no pride of their own was a painful humiliation to the average voter. No one in the Congress party seems to have recognised that reality, especially given that neither Sonia nor Rahul were any great shakes in the public arena; in fact, competence was limited across the board.

2. A transparent fixation on colour and name, an apparently inherent if unarticulated belief within the leadership of the party that the whiter-skinned you are, the more the chances of getting elected – especially if the Gandhi tag is appended as a surname. (Maneka & her son Varun are the ones that got away, probably only because Sanjay Gandhi - husband and father, respectively - died in an air crash. Or else the Indian people would have had to suffer the lunacy of that petty tyrant. The last gasp effort at throwing Priyanka Gandhi (the sister of PM candidate Rahul) at the Indian public was perhaps the lowest point in this fixation, and it appeared to have a lot of support within the rank and file of the party. Be certain that she will increasingly be trotted out. Equally certain is that her dandied up husband Robert Vadra, whose entrepreneurial ability has grown dramatically over the last decade, will prove to be an albatross around the party’s neck. If anything, the polls have shown that the public has had quite enough of the family’s shenanigans.

3. A near total and unabashed commitment to financial benefit from political office, which was revealed in the callous response to the new scams that sprouted out with disheartening regularity. To the public, the response also showed the lengths that the party hangers on were willing to go to in order to keep their grip on whatever little fief they controlled. In the final days in the lead up to the elections, the grovelling and pining calls to make Priyanka something, anything, that might give them a fighting chance to hang on electorally became painful to watch. The public obviously saw that a once-dignified party had succumbed to supine pandering; although they may not have been able to articulate their disgust, they did express their opinions vigorously on the social media. The Congress’ supposedly high-tech “war-room” staffed by “whiz-kids” clearly did not come to the right conclusions, at least not on time to do anything about it.

4. The Congress party forgot who the majority in the country were: Hindus of various persuasions ranging from polytheism, to monotheism, monism and even atheism. In chasing after “vote-banks”, it entirely ignored the sentiment of the people and civilisation on which it’s so-called “secularism” was based. Congress forgot that the majority population were secular by faith and civilisational value and did not need its silly leaders, and their media acolytes, to tell them to treat people of other faith systems as they would do people of their own. (In this the Congress were assisted by a comprehensive leftist/Communist cabal of sorts whose outdated and often idiotic claptrap helped distance the rational, cost-conscious and pragmatic Hindu public even further).

5. The selfishness of the Gandhi family, represented at the top by Sonia, was transparent and inexcusable. To the ordinary Indian, the spectacle of the Gandhi family’s quasi-regal existence was tolerable, as was the family’s repeated expressions of concern for the poor punctuated by the occasional embarrassing media opportunity. The public even tolerated the catatonic “prime minister” for the first five years, based on his reformist legacy; but his second term was a demonstration of the crude art of political puppetry; the man even looked wooden, when he appeared in public at all. None of this was kept from the public, because the Gandhi family were there on view 24/7, with their boosters in tow and because there was nothing subtle about who pulled the puppet strings. In this environment, going for yet another five years of unaccountable and irresponsible guidance from the Gandhi residence at 10 Janpath was a bit too much to swallow, even for the Indian public – which is probably more tolerant than any other on the planet.

6. Then there is the catastrophic failure of leadership within the second tier of the Congress Party. Let’s get this straight: the first tier is Sonia, Rahul and in a cinch, Priyanka – as shown in the final phase of elections and after the polls, when some of their Congress servants held up placards for her to be inducted over Rahul. The rest were mere satraps serving at beck and call, each getting politically aroused with a phone call, or by an off the cuff comment, or that mere mention of a name by one of the Gandhis. The ones who, somehow, kept a semblance of dignity – Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Milind Deora, Shashi Tharoor (just barely, and that’s probably only due to an extraordinary facility with the English language), and a few others – were nowhere to be seen during the campaign on the national level – probably because they weren’t asked for help. The others, perhaps like rats sensing the ship’s fortunes, kept slyly silent and largely out of sight (Tiwari and Sibal, among a few). A small number (Jha, Singhvi and Surjewala) kept at it through the daily round of talk shows, probably because they had no choice, getting hammered by all and sundry. They are still at it. The Congresswallahs are uniquely shameless, with Digvijaya Singh as their mascot.

7. The outgoing Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, is a coward. And that is the best one can be said of him. He should have had the courage to not accept being a toy in the Gandhi family’s hand, at least for the second term. Having taken it up, he should have had the moral strength to speak his own mind – he had his constitutional position to back him up. But we do not know whether he had one, except perhaps on one occasion when he appeared to (the Indo-US nuclear deal). Finally, during the election campaign when even the monkeys around the buildings of government knew who would win, he should have come out and at the very minimum tried to make a case, to stand up for himself. No. He remained as he was, robotic, waxen, and acting like the puppet he was. He destroyed his own legacy, which would have been vastly different if it ended after the Narasimha Rao Government. And yet, still, on the verge of disappearing into history, he hasn’t spoken up, not said a thing. He probably thinks it’s noble. In fact it is foolish, and inexcusable. There is no explanation to get away from this: if he was ill, he should have resigned; if he was retarding mentally, he should have resigned. Manmohan Singh did not help himself, or India. Still, one can hope that he might have something to say, to explain himself. Not through some advisor. Deniably. Like I said. Coward.
member_19648
BRFite

Post by member_19648 »

Well said, u have summed it up great. Kudos.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

JE Menon wrote:Why Congress Lost

4. The Congress party forgot who the majority in the country were: Hindus of various persuasions ranging from polytheism, to monotheism, monism and even atheism. In chasing after “vote-banks”, it entirely ignored the sentiment of the people and civilisation on which it’s so-called “secularism” was based. Congress forgot that the majority population were secular by faith and civilisational value and did not need its silly leaders, and their media acolytes, to tell them to treat people of other faith systems as they would do people of their own. (In this the Congress were assisted by a comprehensive leftist/Communist cabal of sorts whose outdated and often idiotic claptrap helped distance the rational, cost-conscious and pragmatic Hindu public even further).
During congress raj influence of 3 % minority christians was way disproportionally higher than their population share. Somewhere I read that at one point 20% of MPs were christians most of them using hindu names and hiding their identity. Congress has not appointed a hindu chief minister in kerala in a generation. Congress appointed christian chief ministers in AP and Chattisgarh which has very small christian population. What keeps India united is a loose coalition of hindus across length and breadth of the land and there was a delibarate attempt by Sonia to break this.
The single biggest reason for BJP victory is it miraculous performance in UP and Bihar which together make up about 20% of MP seats. BJP trounced mulayam, mayawati, lallu, nitish, muslim vote bank, etc. I hope BJP keeps this momentum and wins in UP and Bihar in the assembly elections and 2019 lok sabha elections. My 2 cents.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Just to point the two Christian CMs of Kerala have been senior leaders of the state for a long time. I cannot see anyone else from Kerala in the Congress who has name recognition other than these two. So your analysis is flawed at least on this count. For other states maybe true.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

True. Oommen Chandy (Mukhya Mantri) and V.M. Sudheeran (KPCC Generalissimo) have been leaders since they (at least the former) was a "Student Neta" for a couple of decades circa 1960s-70s. Famous in Ulan Bator for their agitational skills. Also, Chandy is known even after several years of CM-ship, to be an honest and caring man. Even in the recent "Solar Scam", ppl generally sympathize with him, say that his error is that he spends all his time in 1-on-1 meetings to solve individual (aam) ppl's problems because delegating to Babus does not work for such things, while his Babus and Mantris run riot with scams (as always). A true Teflon CM, but deservedly so because of a lifetime of service. Sudheeran (no idea of his religion) is likewise respected. Has got his share of police beatings and stones as a Vidyarthi leader during Marxist rule, but considered to be non-violent and honest. The Marxists generally know better than to mess with them, as much as they may pretend to do. I attribute the unaccustomed longevity of this Cong govt to the popular support and respect base that these two (a team since the 1960s) have accumulated.

And P.S. Re: the relevant point here:
Of the 2, Chandy is by far the senior: he had been a "Vidyarthi" for a decade or so in Ernakulam Law College when Sudheeran was a 1st year BCOM (or whatever he studied) student.

Other than these two, I can't think of anyone of any relijjun whom I would call honest in Malloostani poli-tricks.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Kejriwal started grand. He stood for the masses. But what happened after he resigned as CM is that he started to behave like any other nautanki politician. Started following the path of appeasement politics and invited disaster for himself and party. On the day when Shazia Ilmi went ahead and announced that Muslims must be fundamentalists for their own good, that day she must have been kicked out from the party for being a fundamentalist. On the contrary we saw Kejriwal defending it. Now what happened? Every imilis are leaving the sinking boat. Also it's not good to give Congress the opposition role. There is no need for such parties in India anymore. Let there be democracy but not pseudo secularists who pull the nation backward and bring disaster and death on Indians. No more. Let there be BJP under Modi succeeding and giving good governance for the next 15 years. Each five years he coming back and getting more votes and seats than before.
Waiting to see the Oath taking ceremony of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of India.
Since Narendra Modi is a believer of god, wish he takes Oath in the name of any Hindu god. :) rather than the usual, in the name of god statement. :)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Kejriwal never stood for the masses nor he was ever an honest individual.

We have seen thru MMS-tamasha that personal honesty has very little value in political space.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

The upcoming election in Delhi be fought under the leadership of Harshvardhan. Last time he lost to Kejriwal. This time he be allowed to win for his clean image and for being a person who can govern Delhi in a good way. Others including people like Kiran Bedi if, she is interested be given a post where things can be improved for the well being of the common man.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Narendra Modi ✔ @narendramodi
Follow

I welcome the step by Sri Lanka & Pakistan to release our fishermen. I welcome our fishermen brothers back home!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I welcome the step by Sri Lanka & Pakistan to release our fishermen. I welcome our fishermen brothers back home!
It's Ronald "Raygun" Reagan and the Iranian Hostage situation again: Raygun came to power, the Ayatollah magically discovered Peace and Mutual Respect with the Great Satan and decided to release the hostages. That was when he decided to retire and take up reading, starting with Satanic Worse Ass

To paraphrase Yes Minister:
When u have them by the balls Invited to Your Inauguration 8) ..... their Hearts and Minds Will Follow
Now on to Friendship and Shared Culture and Open Borders in Northern Arunachal...

(I hope NaMo has put the IAF on top alert, and given the orders to General Vij on what to do at the next terrorist attack across the Yellow Sea).

Speaking of YellowSea, I think India and PRC DO have a shared interest now, after the back-2-back terror attacks in Uighuristan. Give Peace a Chance. Destroy the Pakistan Terrorist Army. A nice Joint Operation should finish the job in a week.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

On this day, a reminder of the extremely frail health of AB Vajpayee, and George Fernandes. Sad.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Bade wrote:Just to point the two Christian CMs of Kerala have been senior leaders of the state for a long time. I cannot see anyone else from Kerala in the Congress who has name recognition other than these two. So your analysis is flawed at least on this count. For other states maybe true.
These two christian CMs have been senior leaders have been there for long time only with the blessings of Sonia. Do you think Kerala cannot produce even one hindu clean congress CM. Give me a break. All communist chief minsters of kerala have claimed themselves to be athiests. Kerala is the only hindu majority state with no hindu CM for a long time.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Yes you got your uber hindu in Karunakaran, now happy ?
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

Bade wrote:Yes you got your uber hindu in Karunakaran, now happy ?
Remember Karunakaran was ousted with the blessings of the two christian chiefs and sonia. I knowyou will point out any number of scandals in karunakaran. Bear in mind kerala is peaceful because more than 50% of the population are hindus. If the christians had formed more than 50% of the population they will be fighting for independence.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

guys, please drop this line of discussion.
Rahul.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Modi: The good heart

26 May 2014

The whole world loves a man who wears his heart on his sleeve and shows some emotion.

But all of that facade, the steely glint in his eye, the perceived arrogance in his stance, and a heart seemingly made of stone, crumbled in a moment last week, when he bowed down, touching his forehead on the steps that led to what he called the temple of democracy, India’s parliament. And when he entered the magnificent central hall of the Parliament to address members of his party — who now hugely outnumber the straggly group of opposition members in the house — nobody, not even his own party members, suspected the man would break down and struggle to control his tears. That moment in the Parliament was when a not- very- popular- till- recently politician transformed into a statesman who had the humility to acknowledge the people whose support gave him, a one-time tea vendor, the opportunity to become the prime minister of his country. Modi charmed millions of hearts when he spoke about his abiding love and respect for his country and how he intends to spend the rest of his life in her service. No more politics of hate, no more negativity, only talk of development of the country, he said.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article- ... =editorial
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Cabinet list?
Neilz
BRFite

Post by Neilz »

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/ls-el ... 140526.htm

Narendra Modi is expected to have a 45-member council of ministers who will take oath along with him on Monday evening. The council of ministers is expected to have 23 Cabinet ministers, 10 ministers of state with independent charge and 11 ministers of state, according to sources.

Those likely to be sworn-in as Cabinet ministers include Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Nitin Gadkari, Sushma Swaraj, Venkaiah Naidu, Sadanand Gowda, Uma Bharati, Najma Heptulla, Gopinath Munde, Kalraj Mishra, Maneka Gandhi, Anant Kumar, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Smriti Irani, Harsh Vardhan and Thavarchand Gehlot.

Other Cabinet ministers are Ram Vilas Paswan (of the Lok Janashakti Party), Ashok Gajpati Raju (Telugu Desam Party), Anant Geete (Shiv Sena), Harsimrat Kaur (Akali Dal), Narendra Singh Tomar, Jual Oram and Radhamohan Singh.

The MoS with independent charge include Rao Inderjit Singh, Gen (retd) V K Singh, Santosh Gangwar, Sripad Naik, Dharmendra Pradhan, Sarvanand Sonwal, Prakash Javadekar, Piyush Goel, Jitendra Singh and Nirmala Sitharaman.

The MoS are G M Sidheswara, Manoj Sinha, Upendra Kushwaha, P Radhakrishan, Kiran Rijiju, Krishna Pal Gujjar, Sanjay Kumar Balyan, Mansukhbhai Vasava, Rao Saab Danve, Vishnu Dev Sai and Sudarshan Bhagat.

Added later : Rediff speculation at 8pm tonight, detail portfolio information will be available.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Does anyone think parliament should bring in reservation for minority candidates like Congress MPs? Give Rahul Gandhi Home ministry for example?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Let the opposition form their own shadow cabinet. But absolutely no reservations for any one in the ministry.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Anyone remember Vajpayee's Bus Diplomacy?
“The UPA allowed states to have the last word, and this was not in the national, but in political interest. Taking shelter under the pretext that they need to keep the allies happy when it comes to such matters is hardly even an argument. (Former prime minister Atal Bihari) Vajpayee had similar compulsions, but he never allowed the states to have the final word. When it came to extending a hand of friendship to Pakistan, he went ahead despite some allies causing trouble.
You need to build up a channel for talks to succeed. Do not expect Modi and Sharif to sit in New York and decide on Siachen. Overall a very positive development and it has created a good atmosphere, or shall we say provided a right start,” he concludes.
So ABV is gone, but Sharif is exactly where he was when Pakistan occupied the Kargil heights and tried to "solve" Siachen and Kashmir and everything. I hope someone is looking that way, while everyone else is focused on the Lal Kila.
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... olutionary

An Indian Revolutionary
What is it about the Modi mandate that provokes such fear of fundamental change?

This attempt to deflate the euphoria surrounding Modi’s victory stems mainly from the churlish outrage at having been proved wrong. However, there is a deeper meaning. The fraternity of the vanquished are essentially suggesting that there is no mandate for change and that India would prefer to remain undisturbed by an individual who is desperate to carve out an alternative. The statistical jugglery is essentially a plea for the status quo to prevail. Modi, they have in effect implied, should settle down to a routine term at 7 Race Course Road, attend the annual UNGA meetings, inaugurate a few good works and then retire to Ahmedabad at the end of five years—in good time for the country’s natural rulers to resume where they left off. The ripples from a Modi victory, the grandees have pronounced, must leave the depths unmoved.

What is it about the mandate that provokes such fear of fundamental change?

To Modi’s credit, he took this show of snobbery head on. The aesthetes may well have exercised control over intellectual capital, but this was a battle that was going to be settled by the numbers game. And in this, Modi’s vernacular populism proved unbeatable. In speech after speech, the BJP leader taunted the repugnance of the durbar towards a chaiwala, the son of a man whose father was not even the head of a panchayat and who, to top it all, came from a ‘backward caste’.

The effect of Modi turning class disadvantage on its head was absolutely electrifying. At one stroke, he got ‘backward caste’ voters, Dalit voters and those who resented the sense of entitlement of the Gandhi parivar to pay him heed. He broke the back of the three caste-based parties of the Hindi heartland and got people to transcend identity politics, even if only for one national election. They were presented with a moral choice: to vote or reject one of their very own. Modi brought to the political table the moral authority of the self-made individual. It will now be very difficult for his detractors to counter him with snobbery and social disdain.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Aargh! As usual, the website doesn't function. Tried the "Wish the PM" link. Obviously set up by the same nerds who messed up the Income Tax website.

Hope Modi's GujGang gives these oiseules their walking orders this week itself!

BUT.. The "Interact with the PM" link DOES work, and sends you an auto-response. Ooooooooo!! I communicated with the Prime Minister of INDIA!!! :mrgreen:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The World's largest election resulted in this.

RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Wth is Hamid Ansari doing up there?